PDA

View Full Version : Big Week, Boys vs. Giants, Skins vs. Iggles

SeanTaylorRIP
11-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Huge week this week with all NFC east matchups.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Huge week this week with all NFC east matchups.

Skins vs. Eagles......YAWN!

SeanTaylorRIP
11-05-2007, 08:59 AM
It's sad that as poor as the NFC is the Skins can repeat what they did first half of the season and end up 10-6 and would still probably not make the playoffs, because Dallas wins the east, Packers the north, and then crap teams like the Bucs and Seahawks get in because they win their divisions even with a 7-9 record that's possible. As for the two wild cards the Giants then the Lions are in front, so really it is between the Giants and skins for a final playoff spot, I'd be pissed if we were 10-6 and didn't get in just because we are in the best division in the conference. At least we beat the Lions so if we have the same record we get in.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Despite being 5-3 Skins have to play better to get into the playoffs. The fact that it took OT to beat the Jets after Portis rushing for 200 yards is a little disturbing to me.

thule
11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
If Dallas wins this game they are essentially 3 games up on the Giants and you can essentially give them the division title...biggest game of the year for the cowboys by far.

cowboysforever
11-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Can we talk smack in this thread without the usual sensitivities?

Number 10
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Despite being 5-3 Skins have to play better to get into the playoffs. The fact that it took OT to beat the Jets after Portis rushing for 200 yards is a little disturbing to me.

And OT to beat the Phins...right?

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
And OT to beat the Phins...right?

Last second I think there. But that doesn't really matter to me. The fact that they ran for nearly 300 yards and barely beat the Jets is just bad. Couple that with the fact that we are half way through the season and no Redskin WR has caught a TD. But you know that Campbell is better than Eli right?

Number 10
11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Last second I think there. But that doesn't really matter to me. The fact that they ran for nearly 300 yards and barely beat the Jets is just bad. Couple that with the fact that we are half way through the season and no Redskin WR has caught a TD. But you know that Campbell is better than Eli right?

Of course.

cowboysforever
11-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Campbell better than Eli? Maybe on Madden 2010.

Who really said that with conviction?

Number 10
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Campbell better than Eli? Maybe on Madden 2010.

Who really said that with conviction?

Ward did.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13074

703SKINS202
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
my skins are fraud

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
As for the Giants/Boys game. I want to come out 3 WRs and get Smith involved early. Along with Shockey. Because unlike the Eagles the Giants will be able to run the ball right down their throat if they come out with all those DBs on the field like they did last night.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 01:43 PM
my skins are fraud

You gonna continue to hold up the mock draft?

thule
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM
As for the Giants/Boys game. I want to come out 3 WRs and get Smith involved early. Along with Shockey. Because unlike the Eagles the Giants will be able to run the ball right down their throat if they come out with all those DBs on the field like they did last night.

Ya we'll probably have to play more nickel against you guys...but our dime package isn't a huge difference. It'll be interesting to see how you guys come out offensively.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Ya we'll probably have to play more nickel against you guys...but our dime package isn't a huge difference. It'll be interesting to see how you guys come out offensively.

Honestly I would love to come out and show you how lucky you were that Jacobs was out for the majority of the game. He is playing at a level right now that I did not think he could play at.

I want to keep Romo off the field because he'll torch our secondary even though our D has improved. I trust our running game against your run defense and would love to see Jacobs/Ward/Droughns combine for 40+ carries.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
The biggest match up is Strahan vs. Colombo. Strahan can't let Romo scramble to his side. They even call planned scrambles out that way. If Romo is gonna scramble it has to be to his left so he has to throw against his body. I'd assume we'll see a bit more of Kiwi coming off the edge with Strahan as well.

D-Unit
11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I thought I'd be humble and say the Giants will win... but I honestly... just givin' my opinion... I don't see it happening. Gonna be a good game though. I expect a much lower scoring fest than the first time.

It's all going to boil down to which QB has the better game.

D-Unit
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Honestly I would love to come out and show you how lucky you were that Jacobs was out for the majority of the game. He is playing at a level right now that I did not think he could play at.

I want to keep Romo off the field because he'll torch our secondary even though our D has improved. I trust our running game against your run defense and would love to see Jacobs/Ward/Droughns combine for 40+ carries.
AD was contained in Dallas in front of his whole family...probably the game he was most hyped up for. Dallas run D is strong. Getting pressure on the QB is another thing. Very hit or miss. If Chris Long was on our DL, I'd say this game would be cake walk.

thule
11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
A side note...which goes further on our dime defense...
Cowboys safety Pat Watkins appeared to sprain his ankle and was replaced by Keith Davis in the fourth quarter.

If this is the case...we won't ever go to our Dime package. We'll have to see what his status is gameday...but if Watkins doesn't play it's a huge hit to our defense and special teams.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Giants seem to have only one significant injury which really isn't all that significant.

James Butler may not play. Although I'm pretty sold that Michael Johnson is better than him anyway.

thule
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
People don't realize that our whole defensive scheme revolves around stopping the run.

We are 5th in the league in run defense giving up 84.4 yards per game.

I guess part of this can come from teams playing catchup...but Dallas doesn't get ran on very much. If the game stays close...i would say over 100 yards is a possibility...but I would put the overunder at 90 right now.

D-Unit
11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Giants won't know how to prepare for it by studying game film... but Dallas will be releasing "The Tank". Yes, Mr. Johnson will be ready to wreak havoc.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/lester_munson/01/22/tank.johnson/p1_tank.jpg

SeanTaylorRIP
11-05-2007, 02:08 PM

A win is a win and they are a much more explosive offense with Kellen Clemens who can stretch it Vertical. And the Jets are no pushover, they aren't just any 1 win team. This team is 10 plays from being a 5 win team.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Giants won't know how to prepare for it by studying game film... but Dallas will be releasing "The Tank". Yes, Mr. Johnson will be ready to wreak havoc.

Wreak havoc? Does he plan on bringing his military aresnal with him to NJ?

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
A win is a win and they are a much more explosive offense with Kellen Clemens who can stretch it Vertical. And the Jets are no pushover, they aren't just any 1 win team. This team is 10 plays from being a 5 win team.

And we're 5 plays away from being undefeated. That is if you take away two of Romo's TD passes and a few of Favre's. I don't see the point of that.

D-Unit
11-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Wreak havoc? Does he plan on bringing his military aresnal with him to NJ?
Oh yes. His biceps are registered weapons. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh yes. His biceps are registered weapons. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

We'll see. I haven't read anything about how he is practicing, but playing nose in your scheme is a lot different than what he has been accustomed to playing.

thule
11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
We'll see. I haven't read anything about how he is practicing, but playing nose in your scheme is a lot different than what he has been accustomed to playing.

No actually it isn't...he is playing the exact same position as in Chicago...he'll have the same gap responsibilites and everything. Only thing he may be rusty on is terminology..but hopefully within the past 3 weeks he has it close to down...and can translate some of it onto the field.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
No actually it isn't...he is playing the exact same position as in Chicago...he'll have the same gap responsibilites and everything. Only thing he may be rusty on is terminology..but hopefully within the past 3 weeks he has it close to down...and can translate some of it onto the field.

Yeah, I heard someone say that before. It's still different. He isn't use to lining up in a 3 man front at all. Regardless of gap and terminology it is very different. He's being counted on to be much more of an anchor than he ever has in Chicago.

cowboysforever
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't think Giants will run much versus us. Not with Tank Johnson taking some snaps and keeping Ratliff and Ayodele fresh. Plus our DE are like DT anyway. We are as physical and big as any Front 3 in the NFL. (If we had a Shaun Rogers at NT imagine...)

Giants in three WR set will give us fits. Dunno what we do if Watkins is out.

I think we win if we keep our passing game to TO slants, MBIII pitches outside the tackle and Witten down the middle.

We are good enuff on the OL to rive Romo 3 secs every time ... but not much more if you ask me.

Pray for good weather boys.

cowboysforever
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Ward did.

Wow, errrr dunno what to say.

Eli is possibly the second best QB in the NFC after Romo.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow, errrr dunno what to say.

Eli is possibly the second best QB in the NFC after Romo.

I think he is 4th.

1 - Romo (rub it in my face if you want DMW)
2 - Brees
3 - Favre
4 - Manning

D-Unit
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I heard someone say that before. It's still different. He isn't use to lining up in a 3 man front at all. Regardless of gap and terminology it is very different. He's being counted on to be much more of an anchor than he ever has in Chicago.
That's not true either. Tank was the NT in Chicago while Harris was the UT. Additionally, in our Defense, there is room for our NT to be quite flexible as far as responsibility goes.

Jughead10
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
That's not true either. Tank was the NT in Chicago while Harris was the UT. Additionally, in our Defense, there is room for our NT to be quite flexible as far as responsibility goes.

What isn't true. I understand Tank was the NT in Chicago. NT in a Tampa 2 is quite different than NT in a 3-4.

D-Unit
11-05-2007, 02:54 PM
What isn't true. I understand Tank was the NT in Chicago. NT in a Tampa 2 is quite different than NT in a 3-4.
In traditional 3-4 schemes yes, but not necessarily in the attacking one gap Phillips 3-4. Tank is neither a square peg or foreign to the responsibilities required of him.

skiinginNJ
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
AD was contained in Dallas in front of his whole family...probably the game he was most hyped up for. Dallas run D is strong. Getting pressure on the QB is another thing. Very hit or miss. If Chris Long was on our DL, I'd say this game would be cake walk.

Yea AD was contained, but they are the vikings. you think they will be able to completely focus on stopping the run against our pass offense like they did against the vikings?

this is apples and oranges.

Sniper
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
God the Eagles suck.

That is all. I predict a 24-7 Washington win.

D-Unit
11-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Yea AD was contained, but they are the vikings. you think they will be able to completely focus on stopping the run against our pass offense like they did against the vikings?

this is apples and oranges.
True. Talking about Jacobs and AD is apples and oranges.

Boys won't have to completely focus on the run. They just need to do what they've been doing. Newman back in the game should help our pass defense better this time around.

Game Score Prediction: 24-13, Cowboys.

Sniper
11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I like the Cowboys close in this one. I think something like 27-24 looks about right.

BaLLiN
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Giants seem to have only one significant injury which really isn't all that significant.

James Butler may not play. Although I'm pretty sold that Michael Johnson is better than him anyway.

haha, so true

BaLLiN
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
And i think that TO gets shut down for most of the game, and Witten catches 5-8 passes for 100+ yards because we are playing a rookie at safety

McBain
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM

I was just about to post the same thing, they've been in every game they've played. I thought they were going to beat the giants this year but then chad noodle are pennington threw the game away for them. Clemens is good.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
If you guys are trying to convey the message that the Jets are a good football team, stop.

I have watched them every week and they are a bad team. Bad as their record? No. But there are only 6-7 teams that are worse than them.

McBain
11-05-2007, 09:41 PM
If you guys are trying to convey the message that the Jets are a good football team, stop.

I have watched them every week and they are a bad team. Bad as their record? No. But there are only 6-7 teams that are worse than them.

they almost beat you guys with chad pennington. i didn't say they were a great team... but they are better than there record indicates. It's not like we're the first team to have a close game with the jets.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
We flat out dominated them in the second half and won by 11 in regulation.

You played them at a similar level the whole way through and won by 3 in overtime.

Again, I said they were a better team than their 1-8 record indicates but they are still a bad team with one of the worst run defenses in the league.

McBain
11-05-2007, 10:56 PM
We flat out dominated them in the second half and won by 11 in regulation.

You played them at a similar level the whole way through and won by 3 in overtime.

Again, I said they were a better team than their 1-8 record indicates but they are still a bad team with one of the worst run defenses in the league.

They we're still in it toward the end thanks to the ineptitude of your first half. If chad pennington hadn't tossed the pick at the end there.. they still would have had a good chance of winning. You dominated them in the same sense that Green Bay dominated the chiefs sure the score was a little lopsided at the end.. but it's not like the chiefs were never in that game and it's not like that jet's weren't in the game against you guys.

Yeah they do have bad run d... hence, portis had almost 200 yards. Yes are passing attack has been lacking.. i'll be the first to say it. But, the primary point here is that yes the jets... while not a good team, they're also not as bad as there record shows... which you agree with me. But somehow your victory over the jets is better even though they held close with you guys... if anything it shows that the jets are that much better with clemens at the helm.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 11:03 PM
If Pennington didn't throw the INT? How about you re-phrase it....if Aaron Ross didn't make a play on the ball, then the game would have been closer. After you say that....I say which one? The one in the end zone or the one he returned for a TD?

Point is...you can't just take away plays from a team that helped them win the game. The Skins and Jets are close to each other IMO...and if they played each other 10 times I think the Skins would win the majority but they would all be close games. The gap between the two isn't all that great and remember, I think the Jets are a bad team.

Sniper
11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
they almost beat you guys with chad pennington. i didn't say they were a great team... but they are better than there record indicates. It's not like we're the first team to have a close game with the jets.

They lost to the Eagles, hence they are terrible. End of story.

703SKINS202
11-06-2007, 12:23 AM
jets are bad and the redskins are average

DMWSackMachine
11-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Anyone who thinks that we should be frightened of either 3 WR sets or of the Giants running game is tricking themselves.

Right now, they are running the ball well and playing solid defense--especially in limiting big passing plays. But they do not have a 3rd WR that we should be afraid of, and neither one of their RBs are anything above the average starter in the NFL.

That isn't to say that they are not capable of hurting us through either means, but we shouldn't and won't need to game plan against them. To me, this game is about two main things: 1) Keeping the pass rush off of Romo and allowing him the time he needs to find his recievers while limiting big plays from their defense and 2) How Eli feels the day of the game. Eli regularly plays his best ball against us, and Plaxico brings it hard, too. If both of these guys are on their game, and they are gettting regular heat with the pass rush, it is going to take sheer dominance in ever other phase of the game in order for us to win it.

Those, imo, are the two most significant factors.

Jughead10
11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Anyone who thinks that we should be frightened of either 3 WR sets or of the Giants running game is tricking themselves.

Right now, they are running the ball well and playing solid defense--especially in limiting big passing plays. But they do not have a 3rd WR that we should be afraid of, and neither one of their RBs are anything above the average starter in the NFL.

That isn't to say that they are not capable of hurting us through either means, but we shouldn't and won't need to game plan against them. To me, this game is about two main things: 1) Keeping the pass rush off of Romo and allowing him the time he needs to find his recievers while limiting big plays from their defense and 2) How Eli feels the day of the game. Eli regularly plays his best ball against us, and Plaxico brings it hard, too. If both of these guys are on their game, and they are gettting regular heat with the pass rush, it is going to take sheer dominance in ever other phase of the game in order for us to win it.

Those, imo, are the two most significant factors.

People fail to realize its not so much about our RBs as it is our O-line. People love to say Jacobs is an average back. He may be. But when running behind our O-line the rushing attack as a whole is well more than above average. I think besides Adrian Peterson, Jacobs had the most rushing yards in the NFL in October. He is averaging 5.6 a carry. Anyone who dimisses our rushing attack because Jacobs is nothing above the average starter in the NFL, is just being foolish.

As for the 3 WR set. I agree, we really don't know if we have a 3rd WR to be afraid of. Steve Smith will be back after only playing in 1 game this season. I brought it up as a set that I want the Giants to run out of.

Number 10
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know Jug....the 3 WR set means either Hedgecock or Shockey aren't in there blocking and they have both been just as much to credit as the O-line for our running game success.

Jughead10
11-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't know Jug....the 3 WR set means either Hedgecock or Shockey aren't in there blocking and they have both been just as much to credit as the O-line for our running game success.

More Shockey than Hedgecock deserves the credit. He completely seals off the outside.

Number 10
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I think the key for the passing game is going to be Shockey. We aren't going to get another game from Plax like we did week 1 and Shock usually plays well against Dallas. He needs to get involved early and make things happen.

D-Unit
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
If Roy comes out of this game without surrendering the deep ball, then he needs to get major props. I don't think he's been burnt deep all year yet.

Number 10
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
If Roy comes out of this game without surrendering the deep ball, then he needs to get major props. I don't think he's been burnt deep all year yet.

He hasn't been put in the position to get beat deep as much as the past, correct? Hamlin has been playing most of the CF.

D-Unit
11-06-2007, 12:29 PM
He hasn't been put in the position to get beat deep as much as the past, correct? Hamlin has been playing most of the CF.
That is true. Amazing what scheme can do, to hide a player's weaknesses, huh. To Wade's credit, he's done something Parcells could never figure out. Roy still covers TEs, and WR under routes, so we'll see what kind of containment he can do on Sunday.

Jughead10
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
That is true. Amazing what scheme can do, to hide a player's weaknesses, huh. To Wade's credit, he's done something Parcells could never figure out. Roy still covers TEs, and WR under routes, so we'll see what kind of containment he can do on Sunday.

Cause Parcells is stubborn. If it was up to him there is no doubt in my mind that Williams would have been gone and replaced with a player of his choosing.

Number 10
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Shockey usually has his way with Roy...thats another reason I think he needs to be the center of our passing attack.

D-Unit
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Shockey usually has his way with Roy...thats another reason I think he needs to be the center of our passing attack.
We'll see about that.

Jughead10
11-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Plax normally has his way with him too.

Shiver
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Plax normally has his way with him too.

So is it safe to assume that Roy Williams is the football equivalent of a *****?

D-Unit
11-06-2007, 02:38 PM
So is it safe to assume that Roy Williams is the football equivalent of a *****?
***** = Perenial Pro Bowl Safety? Then yeah.

Jughead10
11-06-2007, 02:40 PM
***** = Perenial Pro Bowl Safety? Then yeah.

Larry Allen made the pro bowl the last couple of years too. Doesn't mean he deserved them.

D-Unit
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Larry Allen made the pro bowl the last couple of years too. Doesn't mean he deserved them.
Stop being a hater. Roy didn't have the same kind of history of going that LA had.

Jughead10
11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Stop being a hater. Roy didn't have the same kind of history of going that LA had.

This is true. Both made the pro bowl undeservingly but for different reasons. Allen for being a HOF player although he didn't play like a pro bowler anymore but was still being recognized. And Roy for....well actually I have no logical reason why Roy would be a pro bowler.

D-Unit
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
This is true. Both made the pro bowl undeservingly but for different reasons. Allen for being a HOF player although he didn't play like a pro bowler anymore but was still being recognized. And Roy for....well actually I have no logical reason why Roy would be a pro bowler.
...then who was the snub?

Sniper
11-06-2007, 03:20 PM

He's a hard hitting DE..

What's that, Roy Williams is a safety? Get the **** out of here! ;)

bigbluedefense
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
i'm gonna try to do a writeup breaking this game down. i want it to be long and detailed. and of course, unbiased. i'll see if i can get it up by thursday.

but from what ive read so far, i think both sides are taking the other's strengths for granted.

alot has changed since the last time we met. and alot is still the same. i'll try to get that writeup done if i have free time.

cowboysforever
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Chris Canty has not surrendered any deep balls either ........ but burnt? Yes, check week 1 tape.

cowboysforever
11-06-2007, 05:47 PM

actually Watkins is the Cover 1 safety

cowboysforever
11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
...then who was the snub?

Wilson, Sharper, Mike Brown (when healthy), Sean Taylor last year played SS, Landry this year ........

Roy is not a safety by any definition and less so this year. He is playing LB.

Only time he played safty was week one -- once WP saw those ballet moves he performs in coverage was enuff for WP to rethink his coverage schemes.......

cowboysforever
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
He's a hard hitting DE..

What's that, Roy Williams is a safety? Get the **** out of here! ;)

Roy is a can of gasoline back there. Safety is a misnomer.

D-Unit
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Chris Canty has not surrendered any deep balls either ........ but burnt? Yes, check week 1 tape.
Checked Week 1 Tape. No burnage.

cowboysforever
11-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Checked Week 1 Tape. No burnage.

Talk to Rod Woodson and Sterling Sharpe who broke out the tape of two TDs the Giants got showing Roy Williams getting burnt, being out of position, etc......

1) I am tired of this Williams SS discussion. Not one non-Cowboy fan thinks this guy is any good at anything other than LBer. He could not cover shat with stink.

2) He is not playing safety -- so to say he is not getting burnt deep -- uh duh, he is playing Linebacker most of the time in passing downs. He is not being asked to cover anything beyond 20 yards

3) The few times he does get caught in coverage v the TE, teams almost always go to that guy. Watson catch in the NE game. Wade over throw in the Minn game. The Buffalo TE on one play that resulted in a TD. At leat, 1-2 times per game he gets caught covering and good QBs find his assignment for big yards.

D-Unit
11-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Talk to Rod Woodson and Sterling Sharpe who broke out the tape of two TDs the Giants got showing Roy Williams getting burnt, being out of position, etc......

1) I am tired of this Williams SS discussion. Not one non-Cowboy fan thinks this guy is any good at anything other than LBer. He could not cover shat with stink.

2) He is not playing safety -- so to say he is not getting burnt deep -- uh duh, he is playing Linebacker most of the time in passing downs. He is not being asked to cover anything beyond 20 yards

3) The few times he does get caught in coverage v the TE, teams almost always go to that guy. Watson catch in the NE game. Wade over throw in the Minn game. The Buffalo TE on one play that resulted in a TD. At leat, 1-2 times per game he gets caught covering and good QBs find his assignment for big yards.
Rob, If I haven't seen him get burnt it doesn't count. :D

Roy will get to the Pro Bowl this year. Bank on it. He don't get beat deep.

Turtlepower
11-07-2007, 12:50 AM
As I've said before, if you Cowboys fans don't want Roy, us Giants fans will be happy to take him off of your backs.

703SKINS202
11-07-2007, 01:05 AM
if roy can get to the pro bowl this year then ill be there too

brat316
11-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I like Roy, i think Cowboys win against Giants, if Giants put up points close game if they don't its going to be a blow out.

Skins win easily against eagles, they pound it with Portis and he gets me Fantasy points. Eagles D, is just pathetic at time, stopping the run was never something the D could do well, unless they super game planned, and the RB was the only weapon the team has(LT, and Peterson)

McBain
11-07-2007, 01:21 AM
if roy can get to the pro bowl this year then ill be there too

i will cheer for you

Ward
11-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Ward did.

I stand by my assessment.

Turtlepower
11-07-2007, 01:45 AM
I like Roy, i think Cowboys win against Giants, if Giants put up points close game if they don't its going to be a blow out.

And the team with the most points will surely win, John Madden.

Jughead10
11-07-2007, 07:18 AM
As I've said before, if you Cowboys fans don't want Roy, us Giants fans will be happy to take him off of your backs.

Maybe for weakside linebacker.

NYGibril28
11-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Maybe for weakside linebacker.

Or special teams

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 07:32 AM
He has played well in his LB duties I must say.

As far as a coverage LB -- not bad at all.

Number 10
11-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Is D serious about thinking Williams is a good safety or is he being sarcastic?

Jughead10
11-07-2007, 09:18 AM

It is hard to tell.

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Go check the Row Williams thread on the Cowboys board.

Only three people think he is what he is (bad). I am one of them.

They are dead serious. They even think he still plays safety.

The new new story line is has not been burnt this year and is playing well ... therefore he is not a bad safety. But he is almost exclusively given LB duties .....

Just incredible if you ask me.,

Number 10
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Well Antonio Pierce hasn't been beat deep all season either...therefore I guess he is a great cover MLB.

D-Unit
11-07-2007, 12:36 PM
It's not about him being good or bad. He's stuck being a Cowboy for the rest of his career, so you better bet your ass that I will cheer for him to do well in whatever capacity he is in. For better or worse, he's what we have to live with. He will continue going to the Pro Bowl because he is a playmaker. He's doing a damn good job this year and he puts fear into the minds of guys crossing his path. Not many players out there like him.

Guys like Rob (cowboysforever) will hate him and that's fine, but there is nothing changing in the future, so he can dwell in his own misery. Roy ain't as bad as he says. But Roy is good enough to be a Pro Bowler. 2 facts right there. He'll never be a good cover safety, but there are other things that he brings to the table that make him an asset. Haters won't acknowledge it because of.... well.. HATE.

D-Unit
11-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Well Antonio Pierce hasn't been beat deep all season either...therefore I guess he is a great cover MLB.
Roy provides a bigger impact for the Cowboys than any of the Giants Safeties provide their team.

Jughead10
11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
He's doing a damn good job this year and he puts fear into the minds of guys crossing his path. Not many players out there like him.

Apparently Jeremy Shockey didn't get this memo.

Jughead10
11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Roy provides a bigger impact for the Cowboys than any of the Giants Safeties provide their team.

You could say that, when referring to one aspect of his game. You could also say he is more of a liability as well than any Giants safety.

Jughead10
11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Is Fasano going to be lined up more in the backfield again and lineup as more of an H-back/FB?

Burns336
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
He cant cover and I've accepted it.... But is it too much to ask for one of those big hits that we came to know Roy by in his first few seasons? I haven't seen a bone crushing hit in about 2 years. I got 2 medium big hits against the Vikings, but where is the type of hit that he laid on Amani Toomer a few years back. Give me something, a Big hit, a TD, a FF...anything.

Jughead10
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
He cant cover and I've accepted it.... But is it too much to ask for one of those big hits that we came to know Roy by in his first few seasons? I haven't seen a bone crushing hit in about 2 years. I got 2 medium big hits against the Vikings, but where is the type of hit that he laid on Amani Toomer a few years back. Give me something, a Big hit, a TD, a FF...anything.

In all fairness, had Hamlin not picked that ball off last week, I think Roy would have had it right behind him.

Burns336
11-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Is Fasano going to be lined up more in the backfield again and lineup as more of an H-back/FB?

Probably. We just lost Deon Anderson for the year (rookie FB who was progressing nicely) and our starter at the beginning of the season, Hoyte, is still injured with a c-5 neck sprain.

I think we're going to see alot of 2 TE packages against you guys and/or witten and fasano lining up at the H-back/FB spot. We'll probably see some new formations with Julius and Barber in the backfield at the same time.

Damix
11-07-2007, 12:48 PM

The awesome 4th grade argument of hes better then what you got so you cant call him bad.

Of course no one mentioned the Giants safeties before you said this. And I guess not having a good safety means all Giants fans can't have an opinion on them?

Jughead10
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Probably. We just lost Deon Anderson for the year (rookie FB who was progressing nicely) and our starter at the beginning of the season, Hoyte, is still injured with a c-5 neck sprain.

I think we're going to see alot of 2 TE packages against you guys and/or witten and fasano lining up at the H-back/FB spot. We'll probably see some new formations with Julius and Barber in the backfield at the same time.

Yeah, I read that about your FB situation and just assumed that Fasano would fill in somewhat.

Number 10
11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
D I'm not sure what the Giants safeties have to do with a discussion on how I think Roy Williams is not a good safety.

And I would think you would know making the Pro Bowl does not fully gauge how good of a player someone really is. Williams will make highlight reels with big hits (which seem to have been decreased lately) but many fans around the nation don't see how limited he is in terms of other elements in being a DB.

bigbluedefense
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Do we really have to make this into a Roy Williams discussion?

You all probably know my take on him. I don't think he's very good at all, below average quite honestly. I never understood the obsession with him. I think most Cowboys fans try to look at the glass as half full because theyre stuck with him for the long run, but that doesn't mean he's a good player.

And quite honestly, I think as long as he's on the Cowboys, they will always have a below average performance against the pass against teams with good pass offenses.

You can't hide a sheep in wolf's clothing against elite teams. Not happening.

D-Unit
11-07-2007, 02:12 PM
The awesome 4th grade argument of hes better then what you got so you cant call him bad.

Of course no one mentioned the Giants safeties before you said this. And I guess not having a good safety means all Giants fans can't have an opinion on them?
Yeah and my dad can beat up your dad.

10 brought up Pierce being a good cover MLB in the same talks trying to poke at Roy, so it was a shot back.

Pro Bowl, here he comes! Best of the best!

10, you're still not getting it. We know what his weaknesses are in coverage. Yes, he susceptible, but on occasion he does make a play in coverage.... Lead the team in INTs last year, and already has a couple this year. He's a playmaker.

Burns, you're too infatuated with the highlight reel hits. Fact of the matter is that Roy is as active as any player on defense. He's second on the team with 43 tackles behind Bradie. You guys are acting like he's invisible man.

BBD, yeah, I agree that Roy can't hold up for long without getting beat against Elite passing teams, but as long as Reeves is on the same field, teams are targeting him more. If we find a replacement upgrade for Reeves in the draft or FA, then teams would probably start to look in Roy's direction more. This year, we have already played the Patriots (an elite passing team) and Roy was beat on a long 3rd down conversion to Watson, but that was the only play he really was at fault for. He may not have had a great affect on helping to stop the overall pass, but can't place the blame solely on him. Henry was out of that game, and it's a fact... Patriots are just a better team up and down the roster.

Turtlepower
11-07-2007, 02:15 PM
On a lighter note, my fearless prediction for the game will be...

Giants 27
Cowboys 21

I think we will notch probably 3-4 sacks, while Flozell Adams will notch probably 3-4 false starts.

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
And quite honestly, I think as long as he's on the Cowboys, they will always have a below average performance against the pass against teams with good pass offenses.

You can't hide a sheep in wolf's clothing against elite teams. Not happening.

Oh god Amen. Again, try explaining that to a Cowboy fan.

All we see is the bling bling Pro-Bowls and forget how putrid our Pass D has been for a long time and why is it bad? Because you are playing pass D with 3 guys, not 4. You are doing yoga stretches to fit him into pass D packages

RW got so much good publicity here his first two years that has led to unwarranted Pro-Bowl nominations the other years. ESPN's Mike Irvin "hits" further brandished this "elite" image. Unfortunately, it is as you write.

Cowboys will have trouble beating playoff teams consistently with this guy in anything but LB duties. Just willfully blind fans who confuse rooting for him to do well with evaluating what he is (bad).

MEMO TO NFL: If he is playing SS -- audible to pass every time. If playing LB/Rover in nickel or dime, run at him.

I want Roy to do well but I get really upset with coaches and mgmt every time I see him lagging in coverage, getting beat, getting run over by a Guard b/c he is not a LB, and giving up points and yards ...... when the answer was LET HIM GO. FAILED DRAFT PICK. JERRY JONES, USE MONEY ELSEWHERE.

This has been a real problem since we switched to the 3-4. 3-4 does not get as much coverage "juice" from the LBers to cover up for Roy. 3-4 needs the SS to cover in order to free the OLB to mask the blitz and be creative. As BBD has said, 3-4 SS must cover for that D to power forward.

With Roy as the SS in the 3-4 -- you are nuts to blitz a 5th or 6th. In a 4-3m maybe you do a safety blitz and leave 3 DB plus 3, lighter, faster LB to cover. But the point is in a 4-3 Roy is much more interchangable with the LBers. In a 3-4 he is not interchangable.

**** this drives me bonkers when I think about it. How the F does a GM with any brains not pick this up and sign him instead to a huge contract !!!!! Particularly given the extension was done 16 games into a failed experiment. 2005, after the 3-4 switch, our SS play was exposed for 16 games. 2006 August, he signs Roy. 2006 Regular season more of the same horrid play. 2007, Game 1 disaster with Roy and now he is moved to LB duties anytime a pass play is coming *****

So, I root for him but he just is awful and Plax called it right when he said Roy was a 250lb ankle tackler.

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 04:48 PM
He may not have had a great affect on helping to stop the overall pass, but can't place the blame solely on him. Henry was out of that game, and it's a fact

PLAYING WITH A HANDICAP ON THE FIELD. You can only hide him so long.

... Patriots are just a better team up and down the roster.

Uh, no.

Pats have better Pass D schemes. Pats have a better QB and better WR. That's it.

If only we could play decent Pass D we could have won in Dallas.

This means no Ellis in coverage, no Roy in coverage, Henry + TNew, Hamlin and Watkins at S. Play more Dime with Burnett ala Eagles.

Also give me back T Glenn for one game on O ........ and we have a 60/40 chance to win.

Don't think for a minute the Colts with their #1 and # 3WR out, # 1 LT out, #1 WILL out would not have beaten the Pats also. Colts win, hands down, if they are as healthy as the Pats.

Pats are very beatable. But you have to be healthy, talented, play smart and get excellent QB play.

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Good weather w/ low-to-no winds: Cowboys 45 -- Giants 27

Bad Weather or Windy: Giants 24 -- Cowboys 17

****** Romo has yet to prove to me he can be "Romo" in bad weather. Our Pass D will give up points. Our O Coordinator has not proven to me he is committed to running the ball 40 times if need be to win a game -- a little too pass focused with a big OLine.

Sniper
11-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Also give me back T Glenn for one game on O ........ and we have a 60/40 chance to win.

Don't think for a minute the Colts with their #1 and # 3WR out, # 1 LT out, #1 WILL out would not have beaten the Pats also. Colts win, hands down, if they are as healthy as the Pats.

60/40? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Hands down". Um, no. Take away those phantom penalties against the Pats and they run the ******* show against the Colts. Harrison has a history of not showing up for Pats games (except for like 2 games) and Belichick would make a rookie LT's head spin with his scheme. Give me a break.

brat316
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM
he is right, those 2 weren't in the game he didn't game plan for them, if he run the same game play with Marvin and the LT, then colts win. But Pats, would plan for them. We just have to see how well the Pats will do in the cold weather mainly the WR, Wes, played in Miami, Moss was in doors or Oakland, Stallworth was injured during the cold weather in Philadelphia.

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 05:37 PM
60/40? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Hands down". Um, no. Take away those phantom penalties against the Pats and they run the ******* show against the Colts. Harrison has a history of not showing up for Pats games (except for like 2 games) and Belichick would make a rookie LT's head spin with his scheme. Give me a break.

Well, if you take away some phantom penalites against the Cowboys they may have won without their starting CB and WR. Holding calls to kill drives and PI calls versus Safeties Moss ran over. DeMarcus Ware having his face mask held about 5 times on 3rd down without one penalty called.

My point is Colts win Sunday with all their starters. Manning did not have the usual weapons. Brady did. Cowboys could have won if they played smarter and had their DB starters.

Pats have been pretty healthy all year except for Seymour .... a spot they are deep at and in fact the only spot they are deep at in the entire team. The Pats also have been running Air Coryell in great weather.

I am not as impressed with the Pats as the mediots are. I see an excellent team running high octane with a great passing game. I see a Defense that is slow but well schemed -- good enuff to hold teams under 30 points every game.

One injury or one bad weather game in December or January ....... like the game the Raiders loss to the Pats in 2001 Season.... and all this Pats as the greatest goes away fast.

Simply put, the Pats are no a complete team in my opinion. They are the weight lifter with a huge upper body with skinny legs.

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
he is right, those 2 weren't in the game he didn't game plan for them, if he run the same game play with Marvin and the LT, then colts win. But Pats, would plan for them. We just have to see how well the Pats will do in the cold weather mainly the WR, Wes, played in Miami, Moss was in doors or Oakland, Stallworth was injured during the cold weather in Philadelphia.

You forgot the third WR -- Gonzalez -- and the starting WILL Keiho.

Unless they get great weather through January, they will lose at some point IMHO.

Burns336
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah and my dad can beat up your dad.

10 brought up Pierce being a good cover MLB in the same talks trying to poke at Roy, so it was a shot back.

Pro Bowl, here he comes! Best of the best!

10, you're still not getting it. We know what his weaknesses are in coverage. Yes, he susceptible, but on occasion he does make a play in coverage.... Lead the team in INTs last year, and already has a couple this year. He's a playmaker.

Burns, you're too infatuated with the highlight reel hits. Fact of the matter is that Roy is as active as any player on defense. He's second on the team with 43 tackles behind Bradie. You guys are acting like he's invisible man.

BBD, yeah, I agree that Roy can't hold up for long without getting beat against Elite passing teams, but as long as Reeves is on the same field, teams are targeting him more. If we find a replacement upgrade for Reeves in the draft or FA, then teams would probably start to look in Roy's direction more. This year, we have already played the Patriots (an elite passing team) and Roy was beat on a long 3rd down conversion to Watson, but that was the only play he really was at fault for. He may not have had a great affect on helping to stop the overall pass, but can't place the blame solely on him. Henry was out of that game, and it's a fact... Patriots are just a better team up and down the roster.

Only reason I am infatuated with the highlight reel material is because that where his impact is. Big hits that gets the d charged, FF off of big hits, and scaring opposing players from coming across the middle. I really don't think players fear Roy anymore, I think they actually hope they get 1 on 1 coverage with him.

Either way D, you can't tell me that you don't like the highlight reel player he was 2 or 3 years ago more than the guy he is now. I want to actually see a guy make plays who is getting paid that much...

I don't want to see a 10 man defense with 1 guy who gets to roam around the middle to ensure that he gets in on his share of tackles and makes sure that his coverage responsibilities are taken away.

Dont get me wrong, I want Roy to succeed more than anyone. I want him to succeed because I want to be able to wear my RW throwback instead of wearing my Romo jersey to the bar every weekend. And I want to be able to be proud of the framed RW poster I have. and most importantly I want him to be considered one of the best at his position, but each game he gets further and further away from even playing his position. He's like Thomas Davis now or something.

Sniper
11-07-2007, 06:41 PM
he is right, those 2 weren't in the game he didn't game plan for them, if he run the same game play with Marvin and the LT, then colts win.

For the last time, Marvin doesn't do **** vs. the Pats

D-Unit
11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
PLAYING WITH A HANDICAP ON THE FIELD. You can only hide him so long.

Uh, no.

Pats have better Pass D schemes. Pats have a better QB and better WR. That's it.

If only we could play decent Pass D we could have won in Dallas.

This means no Ellis in coverage, no Roy in coverage, Henry + TNew, Hamlin and Watkins at S. Play more Dime with Burnett ala Eagles.

Pats are very beatable. But you have to be healthy, talented, play smart and get excellent QB play.
What you don't get is Jerry will never let him go. Basically what I do is live with reality, even though it sucks. You complain, but nothing will ever happen with Roy. So I choose to support the things that he does do well. ...and that is being a playmaker.

Now, you cannot try and act as if Cowboys fans are extreme homers because we choose to support Roy rather than whine about him. We acknowledge his weaknesses. When you are sitting there talking about how the Boys are better than the Pats in every facet of the game outside of QB and WR. Puhleeeeeeeeese!!!

They have a better coach, better QB, better OL (because they are smarter), better receivers, WAY BETTER DL, better LBs and a better Secondary. We've got them beat at TE and Kicker. That's it. They've also got better chemistry and experience. Overall, they are a better team than the Cowboys.

Burns336
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Back on track with this thread..... If we do beat the Giant's this weekend, does it put the Cowboys head and shoulders above everyone else in the NFC with no arguments? I already think we are the best team in the NFC and I actually think the Giants would probably beat the Packers, so I guess I would rank them 2nd. It's should be a good game, as divisional games always are, but it is one that we should win if we want to be crowned the elite team in the NFC.

I'm really interested in seeing how the Giants pass rush is going to match up with our O-line. We have been outstanding on the O-line this year and the Giants have had some of the best D-line pressure in the league. It's probably also going to be the match up that dictates the outcome of the game. If Romo has time, he will carve up the Giants, if they can force him into mistake's -- it's a whole new game.

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
So I choose to support the things that he does do well. ...and that is being a playmaker.

He is not even this and that is why most Cowboy fans are homers. Because they keep seeing Roy Williams from OK and 2003, not 2007/06/05......

Now, you cannot try and act as if Cowboys fans are extreme homers because we choose to support Roy rather than whine about him.

I support our President but he still is dumb arse on many things. I hope everything he does turns to gold but ......

We acknowledge his weaknesses.

No you don't, at leat not really. Why? B/c you get on boards like this one and tell us he is playing well, going to the Pro-Bowl and all sorts of silliness about his level of play.

Roy Williams, today, would not even be a third rounder. Teams are not making the RW, T Davis mistakes anymore. Game has changed.

4-3, 3-4, whatever... SS must cover or you are playing with 10 in pass coverage situations.

When you are sitting there talking about how the Boys are better than the Pats in every facet of the game outside of QB and WR. Puhleeeeeeeeese!!!.

You forgot coverage schemes. Pats run better coverage schemes. But they can be run on.

They have a better coach,

Clearly, Jerry would not want to hire anyone who might take his credit away from Parcells' team winning in 2007. Switzer II.

better QB, better OL (because they are smarter), better receivers, WAY BETTER DL, better LBs and a better Secondary. We've got them beat at TE and Kicker. That's it. They've also got better chemistry and experience. Overall, they are a better team than the Cowboys.

Well, I think you are wrong on most of that except QB. Pats are the emperor with no cloths IMHO. They are a high powered passing attack. They will steam roll average teams. Like the San Diego Chargers of 1980. They will go 15-1 or 16-0.

But let us see Colts at full strength in the playoffs. Pats versus Steelers in bad weather in January. I just don't think they are a complete team. They are no longer a power team. They are Air Coryell with better Pass D.

Is it enuff? Maybe, as long as they stay injury free, the other playoff teams stay injury plauged and the weather does not bite them in the butt.

scottyboy
11-07-2007, 07:52 PM
i'd take Gibril Wilson over Roy Williams any day. Well, at safety. that's cuz I'm a homer and Gibril is one of my top 5 favorite players. I talked to him before the year telling him he better get at least 3 INT's this year. He's a cool dude. oh and if Romo isnt on his butt at least 20 plays this game, I'll be dissappointed

cowboysforever
11-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Back on track with this thread..... If we do beat the Giant's this weekend, does it put the Cowboys head and shoulders above everyone else in the NFC with no arguments? I already think we are the best team in the NFC and I actually think the Giants would probably beat the Packers, so I guess I would rank them 2nd. It's should be a good game, as divisional games always are, but it is one that we should win if we want to be crowned the elite team in the NFC.

I'm really interested in seeing how the Giants pass rush is going to match up with our O-line. We have been outstanding on the O-line this year and the Giants have had some of the best D-line pressure in the league. It's probably also going to be the match up that dictates the outcome of the game. If Romo has time, he will carve up the Giants, if they can force him into mistake's -- it's a whole new game.

Greenbay may be a tougher team in Dec/Jan. Better D. Young and improving too ... which is scary. But we have every chance to prove we are the best in the NFC. I think we can do it but would not bet too much on it.

I may be the only person not concerned about the Giants all DE rush package. I am concerned about weather. Romo has not played well in "less than perfect" weather like the Buffalo game this year, Seattle last year.......

KILLERSANTA
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Cowboys win 42- 17. With out the IceBox, The giants have no hope. :)

scottyboy
11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Cowboys win 42- 17. With out the IceBox, The giants have no hope. :)

we couldnt tell if she peed sitting down or standing up. It freaked us out.

Jughead10
11-08-2007, 07:47 AM
I've seen 45-27 and 42-17 predictions now. I hope this are at least half sarcastic. When our defense was absolutely horrible we only lost by 10 in perfect conditions in Dallas. Now we are home, I think conditions are supposed to be good, except a little cold. Don't expect a 25 or 18 margin of victory. The spread is only 1.5. The last couple of games between us in the Meadowlands were 23-20, 17-10, and 28-24. I know all those teams were different for both sides, but I seriously doubt this game is that lopsided of a victory for either side.

brat316
11-08-2007, 08:07 AM
depends on how windy it is, We know the Giants can run the ball, put will the cowboys run the ball in a pass happy Offense, with windy conditions.

Jughead10
11-08-2007, 08:15 AM
depends on how windy it is, We know the Giants can run the ball, put will the cowboys run the ball in a pass happy Offense, with windy conditions.

I dunno how windy it is supposed to be. It is always a little windy there regardless but I don't think it is supposed to be terrible. Just cold, lower 40's I think.

Sniper
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I dunno how windy it is supposed to be. It is always a little windy there regardless but I don't think it is supposed to be terrible. Just cold, lower 40's I think.

Yeah but it gets windier when you guys open the back doors when Akers is about to kick ;)

Jughead10
11-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah but it gets windier when you guys open the back doors when Akers is about to kick ;)

Ssshhhhhhh.....that doesn't go on anymore. I think that is only the case in one end zone anyway. It is genius though the way the stadium was made. I've been inside the stadium there in the west endzone. If you open the big garage door there it creates a windtunnel that blows straight out on the field.

Sniper
11-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Ssshhhhhhh.....that doesn't go on anymore. I think that is only the case in one end zone anyway.

Of course it doesn't go on anymore ;) That's why Akers ******* misses 9/10 FG at Giants Stadium ;)

Jughead10
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Of course it doesn't go on anymore ;) That's why Akers ******* misses 9/10 FG at Giants Stadium ;)

Excuses, excuses. I guess he only kicks into the west endzone.

Sniper
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Excuses, excuses. I guess he only kicks into the west endzone.

Hahahahahahaha yeah. Sweet sig btw.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
No love for the skins vs. Iggles game. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/sports/nfl/000bredskins.gif

bigbluedefense
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
No love for the skins vs. Iggles game. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/sports/nfl/000bredskins.gif

we're not interested in cheerleaders with no booty

SeanTaylorRIP
11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Cowboys cheerleaders pack heat, Iggles cheerleaders look like men, and Gmen cheerleaders can't afford a full top.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/sports/nfl/000bcowboys.gif
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/sports/nfl/000beagles.gif
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/sports/nfl/000bgiants.gif

cowboysforever
11-08-2007, 10:59 PM
If the Cowboys light up the Giants for 35++ -- I don't want to hear the GMen (keep) D Guys talking about how they have discovered their identity since week 2.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-09-2007, 09:05 PM
they haven't we've just gotten less pathetic by adding the leagues top sacking unit and droy to our d, and depend a little less on the deep ball because Jacobs and our run blockers have been dominant.

bigbluedefense
11-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I guess no one cares about the Skins/Eagles game huh?

I think its gonna be close. I still refuse to sleep on the Eagles. Theyre plagued with injuries right now. Getting Weapon X back fulltime should help a little. Not sure if Lito is playing.

Either way, Washington is similar to Philly in the sense that they both have horrible receiver cores. Shouldn't be that big of an issue if Lito can't play.

Its gonna be close. Washington's offense isn't consistent at all, and because of that, I can't give them a clear edge in victory.

cowboysforever
11-09-2007, 09:09 PM
they haven't we've just gotten less pathetic by adding the leagues top sacking unit and droy to our d, and depend a little less on the deep ball because Jacobs and our run blockers have been dominant.

I hear ya. I just keep hearing the Sports Mediots interview GMen and all they keep saying is "how different they are now than in Week 1, new system, more comfortable, blah, blah, blah."

So if your guys are so confident (as I can hear in their interviews) that they are different as oppsoed to week 1 ---- they best not get lit up for 35. Big talking if you ask me.

Personally, I hear the GMen players and I think they are more than a little confident given the thrashing they took week 1.

Just to hear them talk about "all the injuries" without mentioning we gave you the injuries. Rubs me wrong.

scottyboy
11-09-2007, 09:09 PM

I think its gonna be close. I still refuse to sleep on the Eagles. Theyre plagued with injuries right now. Getting Weapon X back fulltime should help a little. Not sure if Lito is playing.

Either way, Washington is similar to Philly in the sense that they both have horrible receiver cores. Shouldn't be that big of an issue if Lito can't play.

Its gonna be close. Washington's offense isn't consistent at all, and because of that, I can't give them a clear edge in victory.

I cant believe all the people just rolling over on philly. weren't they written off last year. oh yea, then what happened? i know it seems they're in more trouble this time around but still. Also, i hope that both the redskins and eagles lose. it's not possible, but I'll give god, i mean Brian Leonard, a call and see what he can do

LSUALUM99
11-10-2007, 08:31 AM

Well it's hard not to count the Iggles out. They have a huge uphill battle in the division AND they haven't played the Patriots yet.

Same with NYG. If they lose to the Cowboys they will probably lose the division for sure. They will be essentially 3 games back of the Boys with 7 to play AND they haven't played the Patriots yet.

Sniper
11-10-2007, 08:39 AM
I cant believe all the people just rolling over on philly. weren't they written off last year. oh yea, then what happened? i know it seems they're in more trouble this time around but still. Also, i hope that both the redskins and eagles lose. it's not possible, but I'll give god, i mean Brian Leonard, a call and see what he can do

What happened last year? THEY ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT THE **** A ******* RUNNING GAME WAS! ******* Andy Reid is a fat piece of donkey **** who needs to realize he's got a one-legged QB right now AND YOU CAN'T ******* THROW 45 TIMES A ******* GAME! Oh hey, we've got one of the best running backs in the game, let's not use him. Instead, let's ******* THROW TO THE ******* $6 MILLION MAN, THE WONDROUS KEVIN CURTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, we drafted a power back in the 4th round???? LET'S ******* MAKE HIM INACTIVE EVERY ******* GAME! Darren Howard has 2 tackles on the year and zero sacks? That's fine, let's not ******* play Victor Abiamiri and give him PT since both Jevon Kearse and Howard are gone at the end of the year! RUN THE ******* BALL ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottyboy
11-10-2007, 10:05 AM
i sense a bit of anger coming from sniper...

Sniper
11-10-2007, 10:10 AM
http://bangcartoon.com/2005/childsplay.htm

Sums up this team...

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I hear ya. I just keep hearing the Sports Mediots interview GMen and all they keep saying is "how different they are now than in Week 1, new system, more comfortable, blah, blah, blah."

So if your guys are so confident (as I can hear in their interviews) that they are different as oppsoed to week 1 ---- they best not get lit up for 35. Big talking if you ask me.

Personally, I hear the GMen players and I think they are more than a little confident given the thrashing they took week 1.

Just to hear them talk about "all the injuries" without mentioning we gave you the injuries. Rubs me wrong.

To be fair even if we do give up 35 we can't possible play as bad as we did week 1. Strahan wasn't in game shape, osi got hurt in the first 3 plays, we had Webster and McQuarters starting at corner, James Butler was playing, spags didn't know the players as well so he was less creative with kiwi and tuck.

Now all that doesn't mean we're suddenly good on D, but we can't possibly be as bad as we were, thus we are a lot better on D, not really good yet, but better.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Same with NYG. If they lose to the Cowboys they will probably lose the division for sure. They will be essentially 3 games back of the Boys with 7 to play AND they haven't played the Patriots yet.

We get NE week 17, if all goes well, for us, they won't play Brady in which case that becomes a very winnable game for us, especially if they have an injury or two before then and they're forced to play it safe.

Sniper
11-10-2007, 10:26 AM
We get NE week 17, if all goes well, for us, they won't play Brady in which case that becomes a very winnable game for us, especially if they have an injury or two before then and they're forced to play it safe.

Matt Cassel is the next Jim Sorgi...behold the power of Cassel.

M.O.T.H.
11-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Meh. The Patriots are the cockiest team in football if they have a shot at going 16-0...I do not have a doubt in my mind that Brady will play in that final game.

M.O.T.H.
11-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Cowboys cheerleaders pack heat, Iggles cheerleaders look like men, and Gmen cheerleaders can't afford a full top.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/sports/nfl/000beagles.gif

When I went to Eagle's TC...good lord...they were looking real good.

Sniper
11-10-2007, 10:59 AM
When I went to Eagle's TC...good lord...they were looking real good.

What did you think of Eagles TC? It's usually a pretty good time

M.O.T.H.
11-10-2007, 11:08 AM
What did you think of Eagles TC? It's usually a pretty good time

Yeah, it was my first time going...we all had a good time. I figured people would be bashing me on account of me wearing my Ware jersey but, there were a lot of people wearing jersey's from other teams. My buddy had one of the autograph tickets so he got a bunch of stuff signed...He got my Gamecocks hat signed by Sheldon Brown. good stuff.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Meh. The Patriots are the cockiest team in football if they have a shot at going 16-0...I do not have a doubt in my mind that Brady will play in that final game.

Which is what I hope happens, but that's also exactly why I doubt it happens, if the pats come in 15-0 and go all out I'll be so happy but I doubt it, Belichek is a great coach but I doubt even he's man enough to do it. I want the Pats to take every chance they get to become undefeated. Of course I'd love to see the giants still beat them, but I doubt it happens, we're a playoff team but I think that even at our best we don't stand much of a shot.

KILLERSANTA
11-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Cowboys by at least 20. Because Deion Sanders said so!

cowboysforever
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Apparently Jeremy Shockey didn't get this memo.

Roy sends Shockey to the Pro Ball almost every year.

Career day for Mr U.

Number 10
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
D-Unit cannot logically defend Roy....he is so bad in coverage

cowboysforever
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
I had stated somewhere Ware was the best D player in the division and best OLB in football.

He has not even had a big sack game yet and almost a league leader while playing great coverage and great run support.

cowboysforever
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
D-Unit cannot logically defend Roy....he is so bad in coverage

I was there and can say Roy was over Shockey on most every play Shockey beat him on. Not one pass defensed.

But hey we won and he got one good lick on Highly Talkative RB.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Brian Westbrook is amazing, just throwing that out there. Shawn Andrews also had a sweet block on that play.