PDA

View Full Version : marlon lucky

foozball
11-05-2007, 02:33 PM
with everything happening at nebraska, along with 2 rising freshman RB's in Castille and Helu, does Lucky come out? he's had 2 good years while splitting carries with multiple backs, and he and stewart were neck and neck coming out of highschool.

he's got adequate size at 6'0 210lbs with 4.5 speed and he's got some of the best hands coming out of the backfield (512 receiving yards). where does he go if he comes out this year?

thule
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
I would say he is on the outside looking in if he were to come out. At the start of the season I would have said he was a day 1 lock...but he has constantly underperformed for his standards this year. A big thing will be his 40 time this offseason. If he does indeed declare and runs a sub 4.5 I think he'll be back in the first day. But I really don't think he is a day one pick at this time.

foozball
11-05-2007, 03:07 PM
yea i was expecting somewhere around the 3rd round. he's had some bad games rushing, but he's only had 2 games all year where he's had less than 95 yards combined rushing and receiving. if he's done bad running the ball, he's made up for it in the receiving game.

he's got more upside than any senior running back, and i see Mike Hart as the only senior RB being picked ahead of him. even though he might not be picked as high as he should, i think it's in his best interest to come out this year.

he'll be competing with Felix, Mendenhall, and Charles next year for top senior RB, and then he's gonna be going up against Wells, James, and Spiller. I just don't see his stock going up any higher than it already is, especially since there's gonna be a coaching change next year and 2 RB's who will most likely get more carries next year.

etk
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I think he would fit very nicely in Tampa's offense should he declare. We need added insurance at the RB spot and he seems very durable with good hands. Exactly the back Chucky looks for.

bwillie26
11-19-2007, 04:24 AM
I think he would fit very nicely in Tampa's offense should he declare. We need added insurance at the RB spot and he seems very durable with good hands. Exactly the back Chucky looks for.

Gruden came up during the summer coaches clinic in '06. It is something that Callahan has done every year, always getting a guest speaker who is a former or current NFL coach. Gruden was able to watch a practice that year, the one player he singled out and gushed over was Lucky. So needless to say, Gruden is already VERY fond of him.

But if we go thru a staff change, and do so in the way that is expected, it may be in the best interest of Lucky to come back next year. If all goes as plans, he may be able to put up incredible stats next year in a new offense.

WildDude
11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
after his first game i thought out of everyone his stock would skyrocket the most but now im seeing him as a 2nd rounder and he could jump in at first with a good combine hes def got some talent and he can catch too! its not his fault nebraska sucks and he has no help at all

bwillie26
11-19-2007, 09:42 PM
after his first game i thought out of everyone his stock would skyrocket the most but now im seeing him as a 2nd rounder and he could jump in at first with a good combine hes def got some talent and he can catch too! its not his fault nebraska sucks and he has no help at all

Huh? Has no help? Offense has been far from the problem at Nebraska. You need to look at the other side of the ball to see why Nebraska has been awful this year.