PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

regoob2
11-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Im happy for Bradley. He wouldnt have that success here.

bearsfan_51
11-26-2008, 03:23 PM
The Vikings are unquestionably in this. To act as if they aren't is just stupid.

Gay Ork Wang
11-26-2008, 03:46 PM
haha the Lions still play: Titans, Vikes, Colts, Saints and Packers

i dont see them beat the Colts saints or titans. If they win against the Vikes or the packers it would be awesome

BeerBaron
11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
haha the Lions still play: Titans, Vikes, Colts, Saints and Packers

i dont see them beat the Colts saints or titans. If they win against the Vikes or the packers it would be awesome

Even crappy teams can hang tough in their division. See Raiders > Broncos. You see a team more than once and you can alter your plans if need be. I really want to see them run the table in losses but beating the Vikes and Packers would be a fair trade off

shady00
11-26-2008, 04:09 PM
They almost beat us

Gay Ork Wang
11-26-2008, 04:10 PM
and we all know we are horrible

regoob2
11-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Vasher is out. I assume for the year.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=132601

Gay Ork Wang
11-26-2008, 04:21 PM
he didnt really do that well all year anyways imo still not great

regoob2
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
he didnt really do that well all year anyways imo still not greatMaybe it was cause of the injuries. Lets just get him healthy and have him and Graham fight it out for the #2 CB spot.

BeerBaron
11-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Vasher is out. I assume for the year.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=132601

ah, thats ******.... His play has been down for sure this year, but its still bad to lose him. Graham isn't a bad replacement though.

SFbear
11-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Maybe it was cause of the injuries. Lets just get him healthy and have him and Graham fight it out for the #2 CB spot.

He's been pretty bad ever since he bulked and tried to become a more physical DB. Clearly the added muscle didn't him help him avoid getting mandhandled in the running game against Green Bay. I'd like to see him return to his original build and try to ballhawk at nickelback.

I thought Bowman could be promising if he could stay healthy but who knows.

BeerBaron
11-26-2008, 05:31 PM
He's been pretty bad ever since he bulked and tried to become a more physical DB. Clearly the added muscle didn't him help him avoid getting mandhandled in the running game against Green Bay. I'd like to see him return to his original build and try to ballhawk at nickelback.

I thought Bowman could be promising if he could stay healthy but who knows.

Ah, I did notice that he looked a LOT bigger this year. And no...the added muscle didn't do so well, this has been his worst year by far i think.

regoob2
11-26-2008, 05:35 PM
He bulked up before last season and he's been injured ever since. He should slim back down.

GB12
11-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Vasher has always been overated. I always hated when people would rate him above Tillman or in the same level. Tillman is far better.

ChezPower4
11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Vasher has always been overated. I always hated when people would rate him above Tillman or in the same level. Tillman is far better.

I never thought that vasher was better than tillman as well, but Vasher is better that Graham IMO.

BeerBaron
11-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I never thought that vasher was better than tillman as well, but Vasher is better that Graham IMO.

Graham has actual size that doesn't affect his play in the way Vasher's added bulk has been hurting him...

BeerBaron
11-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Well, with the Panthers resigning Gamble, it likely means that one or both of Peppers and Jordan Gross will hit the FA market.

Now, I know we're not typically huge spenders on outsiders, but do you think theres a chance we go after either? We could certainly use help at DE, though Suggs would be my favored target if we went the FA route. And Gross has played RT for much of his career before this year I believe and we could certainly use an upgrade there....

Thoughts?

Smokey Joe
11-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Well, with the Panthers resigning Gamble, it likely means that one or both of Peppers and Jordan Gross will hit the FA market.

Now, I know we're not typically huge spenders on outsiders, but do you think theres a chance we go after either? We could certainly use help at DE, though Suggs would be my favored target if we went the FA route. And Gross has played RT for much of his career before this year I believe and we could certainly use an upgrade there....

Thoughts?
Well, I don't see us going after Gross, and rather, I see us going with Williams at LT, and a competition between St. Clair and Tait at RT.

Also, it seems once every couple of years we make one big FA signing. The last one was Muhammad, and I could see us making another one this year. And it would likely be either Suggs or Peppers, IMO. I just wonder what our cap room will look like next year after we gave those contracts to Harris, Briggs, Urlacher, Vasher, Tillman, and Hester.

BeerBaron
11-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I would have a ball if we brought in Suggs. Fixes our biggest need and allows us to go with the BPA at a variety of other needs with our first pick. (WR, o-line, S)

I just don't see us doing it......for whatever reason, I just have a bad feeling about it.

Smokey Joe
11-28-2008, 04:28 PM
well, I think we'd have a better chance of getting Peppers then we do getting Suggs. Peppers seems more of the type of player Lovie/JA would go after, and Suggs is likely gonna be in either Arizona or Baltimore next year.

BeerBaron
11-28-2008, 04:38 PM
well, I think we'd have a better chance of getting Peppers then we do getting Suggs. Peppers seems more of the type of player Lovie/JA would go after, and Suggs is likely gonna be in either Arizona or Baltimore next year.

Hmm....really? I'm not sure where the hate on Suggs comes from sometimes where they say he's a 34 OLB. According to NFL.com (i looked this up last time this came up) he's the same weight and just an inch shorter than Wale.

I'd think the purer pass rush-ness of Suggs would be appealing to us since we so desperately lack it.

Plus I believe Suggs is a bit younger than Peppers too....

Smokey Joe
11-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Hmm....really? I'm not sure where the hate on Suggs comes from sometimes where they say he's a 34 OLB. According to NFL.com (i looked this up last time this came up) he's the same weight and just an inch shorter than Wale.

I'd think the purer pass rush-ness of Suggs would be appealing to us since we so desperately lack it.

Plus I believe Suggs is a bit younger than Peppers too....
I don't know, I see Peppers as the guy Lovie and JA would prefer, but then again, most would prefer Peppers.

With that being said, I'd love to get Suggs however. His versatility makes him more attractive, IMO.

shady00
11-28-2008, 09:52 PM
vikes-bears game from last year is on nfl network right now

bearsfan_51
11-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Julius Peppers has never struck me as someone that passionately cared about winning and losing. That alone keeps me from having any interest in giving him a massive contract. Not that we ever would anyway.

Gay Ork Wang
11-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Vasher was put on IR.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5404

BeerBaron
11-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Vasher was put on IR.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5404

yeah, saw that earlier.....it must either be that serious or we have that much faith in Corey Graham.

We also actived a FB who's name I forget off the PS. Prolly for special teams reasons.

Gay Ork Wang
11-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Jason Davis i believe

Smokey Joe
11-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I guess Dusty's injury is pretty serious and he's likely done for the year. So that mean's his career is probably over with the Bears. Hopefully now we can get a real NT who can hold his own vs. the run.

Also, can we please, please, please, PLEASE stop putting Idonije at NT in passing situations? He's getting eaten alive by Centers and Guards inside. I like Idonije and he might be a good situational guy as a 3-tech, but my god, why do we keep putting him out there at NT? If anything, we should try Harrison as a NT in passing situations. He's shown decent pass rushing skills and is actually our biggest lineman.

bearfan
11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
i hate the chicago bears message boards. "Orton sucks, put Grossman in". Big whiney babies over there.

Smokey Joe
11-30-2008, 11:14 PM
I still wish we would have drafted Flacco, as if you guys recalled, I had a man-crush on him. Yeah, Orton has played good this season (outside of tonight) and has shown flashes, but I still don't see him being a franchise QB but rather a decent stop gap for a couple years. Flacco on the other hand has shown he could very well be the franchise QB for Baltimore. But then again, Flacco would probably just wind up sucking with us anyway.

At least we still have Hanie, or as I like to call him, the future.

Monomach
11-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I guess Dusty's injury is pretty serious and he's likely done for the year. So that mean's his career is probably over with the Bears. Hopefully now we can get a real NT who can hold his own vs. the run.

Lovie Smith will not get a real NT. It's two undersized pass rushers, all the time.

Unfortunately, you're probably right about Dvoracek's being done as a Bear. I have a feeling that some other team is going to benefit from that. Dvoracek's got skills, for sure. I really hope we don't let him go. If we do, you know we're going to draft a second or third round UT.

I'm sure glad we drafted Marcus Harrison.

Smokey Joe
11-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Dvoracek and Adams are far from pass rushers. A bit undersized for NT's, but far from pass rushers. However, on 3rd downs we constantly put Idonije in at NT, and that just baffles me.

Also, good riddence to Dvoracek. He showed some flashes, but for the most part, he would get drove back into the linebackers on run players, and do nothing on pass plays.

Monomach
11-30-2008, 11:19 PM
I still wish we would have draft Flacco, as if you guys recalled, I had a man-crush on him. Yeah, Orton has played good this season (outside of tonight) and has shown flashes, but I still don't see him being a franchise QB but rather a decent stop gap for a couple years.

At least we still have Hanie, or as I like to call him, the future.

Orton'll be fine. If we even attempted to have an offense, he'd be the franchise guy. When your receivers get no separation at all, you have to throw into coverage all day long...and wearing a DE as a necktie every time he does anything other than a three step drop doesn't help, either.

One OG, one OT, one true #1 wideout = people putting z's on the end of Kyle.

Kylezzzzzzzzzz.

Smokey Joe
11-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Kyle a lot, and I think if we got him a better supporting cast, there'd be little question about him. But I still don't think he's a franchise guy. A decent-good starter, but not the guy.

regoob2
11-30-2008, 11:30 PM
i hate the chicago bears message boards. "Orton sucks, put Grossman in". Big whiney babies over there.
I went over there for a week and left. You'd be surprised how many crap message boards are out there.

regoob2
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Kyle a lot, and I think if we got him a better supporting cast, there'd be little question about him. But I still don't think he's a franchise guy. A decent-good starter, but not the guy.
He'll never be a pro bowler but Id rather put a supporting cast around him and if he fails then we can grab a QB and the new guy can have a supporting cast. We have no talent on offense.

BeerBaron
11-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I have no worries about Orton. He was playing pro bowl quality football before his ankle injury, and some of those picks tonight weren't his fault. Ball bouncing off of receivers hands right up on a platter for the DB's. He does have the franchise record for attempts without a pick.....so I think he's still good.

So we have him, Forte, Olsen and Hester to work with that I think are real keeper pieces. Add in Chris Williams who I hope pans out as our LT, and we have a few pieces.

A true #1 WR would be nice, but not at the expense of a mauler for our o-line or a pass rusher. And I don't see much in FA in terms of WR's I'd like. Either its guys who I don't see hitting FA (tagged or resigned) or its guys like a Dev Henderson who.....really is just more of the same in terms of what we have.

Monomach
11-30-2008, 11:42 PM

There are precious few the guys, though. I figure Kyle's basically Matt Hasselback or Jake Delhomme once he gets a team. For us, that's a franchise QB. We can't do better.

If JA and Lovie had handled the Broncos draft in 2006, they wouldn't have traded up to get Cutler. They'd have traded down and taken Kellen Clemens. He didn't even try to make a move for Brady Quinn when he tumbled. After the draft last year, he said he didn't want Brohm, Ryan, or Flacco. He wanted John David Booty and was going to take him right after the Vikes did.

We got lucky once when we drafted a guy to be the backup. I figure the safest thing to do here is stand pat. Otherwise, we trust this group of clowns to try for a "the guy," and we're going to get Graham Harrell or Chase Daniel or Todd Boeckman.

Whoever they picked would get at least some playing time, because they think he's "the Guy" and needs to be developed. There goes 3 or 4 or 5 years of playing a schmuck and not even looking at alternatives (see Grossman, Rex).

BeerBaron
11-30-2008, 11:49 PM
There are precious few the guys, though. I figure Kyle's basically Matt Hasselback or Jake Delhomme once he gets a team. For us, that's a franchise QB. We can't do better.

If JA and Lovie had handled the Broncos draft in 2006, they wouldn't have traded up to get Cutler. They'd have traded down and taken Kellen Clemens. He didn't even try to make a move for Brady Quinn when he tumbled. After the draft last year, he said he didn't want Brohm, Ryan, or Flacco. He wanted John David Booty and was going to take him right after the Vikes did.

We got lucky once when we drafted a guy to be the backup. I figure the safest thing to do here is stand pat. Otherwise, we trust this group of clowns to try for a "the guy," and we're going to get Graham Harrell or Chase Daniel or Todd Boeckman.

Whoever they picked would get at least some playing time, because they think he's "the Guy" and needs to be developed. There goes 3 or 4 or 5 years of playing a schmuck and not even looking at alternatives (see Grossman, Rex).

hahahahaha......haha....hahaha.....Boeckman. hahahahaha........haha.....

oh man.......its so sad though, we can't find QB's. When we are at our best, its just when we have everything but the QB clicking and just find someone to take care of the ball like Orton or Jim Miller was....

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Not a fun game to go to tonight, Orton played like absolute ****. The receivers didn't help him out much, but all of those picks were his fault.

Running offense played nice though. Forte looks faster in person, but then again the Vikings defense isn't made up of blazers.

This isn't a playoff team. We could still make it, but we're not going anywhere. Need more talent.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 12:08 AM
He didn't even try to make a move for Brady Quinn when he tumbled.
Actually yes he did, and he said as much, so shows what the **** you know.

Bruce Banner
12-01-2008, 12:09 AM

Get bent Monomach.

Vikes99ej
12-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Good game guys. Enjoy having a team in your city in 2011!

Monomach
12-01-2008, 01:01 AM

Got a single link to back that one up?

Everything I've heard from him about that first round was that he thought there was a chance Olsen would fall, and that he had planned on taking him there.

Like this from his presser after day one of that draft:
"We had targeted Greg during our meetings. We felt that there might be an outside chance that he would still be there, given the fact that he really was the only tight end that was slotted in the first round from what we had heard from different teams. So, it worked out very well for us."

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Got a single link to back that one up?

Everything I've heard from him about that first round was that he thought there was a chance Olsen would fall, and that he had planned on taking him there.

Like this from his presser after day one of that draft:
"We had targeted Greg during our meetings. We felt that there might be an outside chance that he would still be there, given the fact that he really was the only tight end that was slotted in the first round from what we had heard from different teams. So, it worked out very well for us."

It's likely from the same presser. He said they had made calls about moving up for Quinn as he fell, but nobody was interested until the Browns made their large offer.

Your quote doesn't contradict that at all. Of course they were happy to get Olsen, that doesn't mean they didn't try other options.

And I wouldn't question my knowledge of the great Jerry Angelo. I have ever hair folicle on the man's head memorized.

Monomach
12-01-2008, 01:57 AM
I went over there for a week and left. You'd be surprised how many crap message boards are out there.

I just read a post over there about how Bradford is NFL-ready, has the best arm in college football, and heads up the top pro-style offense in the country, despite not having any good blockers.

I had to run away. How do you reply to a post with so many wrong things? Do you just post "no?"

Monomach
12-01-2008, 01:59 AM
It's likely from the same presser. He said they had made calls about moving up for Quinn as he fell, but nobody was interested until the Browns made their large offer.

Your quote doesn't contradict that at all. Of course they were happy to get Olsen, that doesn't mean they didn't try other options.

And I wouldn't question my knowledge of the great Jerry Angelo. I have ever hair folicle on the man's head memorized.

In that same presser, he says that he considered moving up to get Olsen, but decided against it. He never says that he tried to make a deal, and he never mentions Quinn or the Quarterback position in any way.

EDIT: I reread it. There is one brief mention of Quinn, but not in relation to the Bears. He said he was surprised at Quinn falling because other teams needed QBs...right after he called Miami picking Ginn with a top ten pick a good idea. :eek:

"Were you surprised by anything in the draft thus far?"
“It didn’t really surprise me. I talked to Randy Muller in Miami and I thought that was a really good pick. We all want playmakers, Ted Ginn is a great playmaker, that will bode well for the Dolphins. (Brady) Quinn dropping. There were a few teams up on top that needed a quarterback. Once those teams opted to go in a different direction just like we saw with Aaron Rodgers, they dropped and so Cleveland picked him up. It’s a good place for him and I know he will do real well there.”

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 07:51 AM
well thats a let down win. I have yet to download the game and rewatch it but thats a heartbreaker. I really think the best thing is Matt Forte and Hester. Forte rushed 100 yards on the vikings the #2 rush defense which is really great and his receiving is excellent. Seems Like Hester steps up his play at WR which is good to see. Since i have not seen the game, did we ever attempt a play action pass at the 1? well i hope we finish above the packers

vikes_28
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
well thats a let down win. I have yet to download the game and rewatch it but thats a heartbreaker. I really think the best thing is Matt Forte and Hester. Forte rushed 100 yards on the vikings the #2 rush defense which is really great and his receiving is excellent. Seems Like Hester steps up his play at WR which is good to see. Since i have not seen the game, did we ever attempt a play action pass at the 1? well i hope we finish above the packers

Yes I agree. It is good to see...but what happend to him on kickoff returns? Is it just me or is he trying too hard?

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Yes I agree. It is good to see...but what happend to him on kickoff returns? Is it just me or is he trying too hard?
no blocking. At all

regoob2
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes I agree. It is good to see...but what happend to him on kickoff returns? Is it just me or is he trying too hard?I think so. D Manning is better at kickoffs.

regoob2
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Get bent Monomach.
Why does everyone want to come in and back up bf51? Nice post. Your not needed here.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah...you can really tell live how poor the blocking is for Hester.

On the other hand, Danieal Manning is doing much better than Hester was on kickoffs, so it's not all blocking. Manning is actually quite the return man.

On another note, Hester is definately our best receiver, but he still drops too many catchable balls and is sometimes out of position in his routes (I'm assuming it's more him than Orton, as this does not seem to be a problem with anyone else).

I think 1st round receiver would still be a thing worth considering, although Brandon Lloyd has potential if healthy.

regoob2
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah...you can really tell live how poor the blocking is for Hester.

On the other hand, Danieal Manning is doing much better than Hester was on kickoffs, so it's not all blocking. Manning is actually quite the return man.

On another note, Hester is definately our best receiver, but he still drops too many catchable balls and is sometimes out of position in his routes (I'm assuming it's more him than Orton, as this does not seem to be a problem with anyone else).

I think 1st round receiver would still be a thing worth considering, although Brandon Lloyd has potential if healthy.Hester is the only guy who can get open. We have enough needs so I think we can get good value in the draft.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Why does everyone want to come in and back up bf51? Nice post. Your not needed here.

I hold many mysterious powers.

Monomarch may be correct on this one, although I still remember Angelo saying they tried (could be in my head, I'm too lazy to look it up). It doesn't seem like typical Jerry to say what he would have done, although in 2005 he did say he would have taken Vince Young with the 1st pick. Thank the lord he didn't.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Hester is the only guy who can get open. We have enough needs so I think we can get good value in the draft.
Lloyd has decent seperation skills, and his jumping ability is unreal. I still think there is a lot of potential to be had there, I hope we resign him if we don't plan on going WR in the 1st round.

Rashied Davis, on the other hand, I've lost about all patience for. If you're the slot receiver you can't drop as many passes as he does.

regoob2
12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I hold many mysterious powers.

Monomarch may be correct on this one, although I still remember Angelo saying they tried (could be in my head, I'm too lazy to look it up). It doesn't seem like typical Jerry to say what he would have done, although in 2005 he did say he would have taken Vince Young with the 1st pick. Thank the lord he didn't.
I could see Angelo calling and offering a 2nd and next years 3rd and then saying oh well I tried.

BeerBaron
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I think between a healthy Orton, Forte, Olsen and Hester, like I've said before, we have the makings of a workable offense.

I think the Giants right now are showing that having a beastly o-line will make your skill position players into beasts as well. I'd be alright with that group of skill guys if we could just keep finding ways to upgrade the o-line. Making a push for Jordan Gross to play RT would be real nice....get Williams in at LT, move St. Clair into G, draft another G......we could start the process that way.

Again, I'm not overly concerned with our pass catchers. I think Hester is right on schedule, and with more experience at the position, he'll work out his flaws.

And yes, Davis has been a train wreck of late.....lets start getting Earl Bennett involved as the slot guy. I want to see what we have in him so we know what we have to invest in at the position during the offseason.

Monomach
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Seems Like Hester steps up his play at WR which is good to see.
Not really. He had one big play. The rest of the game, he looked just as lost as usual. He quit on his routes, he let passes bounce off of his arm and hands. It was basically the same as every Devin Hester game. I'm starting to wonder if what we see is what we get there; a guy who has the speed to get open, but will be open in an unpredictable place with below-average catching ability.

Since i have not seen the game, did we ever attempt a play action pass at the 1?
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run right at the Williams wall.

...and for everyone hating on Rashied Davis, I agree. Rashied Davis is bad. We need to stop starting an undrafted DB at WR and maybe think about doing it the way everyone else does.

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
guess why the guy was a DB in the first place

bearsfan_51
12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
We did attempt a pass on the 4th down stop. I believe it was on 1st down.

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
We did attempt a pass on the 4th down stop. I believe it was on 1st down.
yea, but at looking at the goalline stand on how Forte almost made it in on the toss we shouldve gave him the ball. even QB sneak would be better than FB Dive

BeerBaron
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, go Wilbon!

"The Bears coaches STINK this year, their decision making is terrible.....what did they practice all week?"

shady00
12-01-2008, 11:08 PM
even QB sneak would be better than FB Dive
It makes me sick that we didn't attempt this; we're 3/3 on the year with it.

sweetness34
12-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Is it me or does Orton not look fully healthy yet? His accuracy on some of those throws was waayyyy off.

dabears10
12-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Is it me or does Orton not look fully healthy yet? His accuracy on some of those throws was waayyyy off.

I think he is about 70%. You can tell on the deep throws that he is not pushing off his ankle.

vikes_28
12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Does anyone else agree that the late hit on Frerotte was cheap? Really, really cheap?

dabears10
12-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone else agree that the late hit on Frerotte was cheap? Really, really cheap?

I think it was barely a tap and a great, great acting job by Frerotte. He wasn't hurt he was just trying to get the penalty.

regoob2
12-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone else agree that the late hit on Frerotte was cheap? Really, really cheap?I dont. He wont get fined. Was it a late hit? Yes. He hit him after the whistle so I could see why they could have thrown a penalty. But Gus backed up into Ogun. Ogun walked into him and Gus flopped. He wasnt hurt it was obvious he was faking. Even the announcers said it looked like he was faking. Late hit? ya I guess. Cheap? Absolutely not.

k0ng
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM

I wouldn't exactly call that a hit.

regoob2
12-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I just rewatched the hit. It was 100% a flop. Gus goes to the ground. stops, then rolls over under his own power. Pulls his arms in, stops, then extends his arms like he's dead. I hate when players do things like that.

Gay Ork Wang
12-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I just rewatched the hit. It was 100% a flop. Gus goes to the ground. stops, then rolls over under his own power. Pulls his arms in, stops, then extends his arms like he's dead. I hate when players do things like that.
never ever watch soccer...

regoob2
12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
never ever watch soccer...
Dont worry I dont. ;)

BeerBaron
12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Damn NFL suspends the Williamses AFTER we get done playing Minnesota for the year but BEFORE their last game with he Packers.

I call major BS!

Dr. Gonzo
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Damn NFL suspends the Williamses AFTER we get done playing Minnesota for the year but BEFORE their last game with he Packers.

I call major BS!

They were actually suspended before but much like pretty much every player who has been suspended they appealed. **** Goodell.

GB12
12-02-2008, 05:41 PM

I call major BS!
We already played the Vikings twice.

russie
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM

gotta forgive him, he's a bear fan

BeerBaron
12-02-2008, 06:20 PM

Oh ****.....week 1 wasn't it? damn....forgot about that one.

well, at least we both went 1-1. I can't complain too awfully much then.

I just know i'm a Lions fan for two of the remaining weeks...

shady00
12-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Damn, why couldn't they suspend them last week...

Anyway, Go Lions!

BeerBaron
12-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Damn, why couldn't they suspend them last week...

Anyway, Go Lions!

I guess the attorney for one of the Williamses is filing a federal lawsuit to keep them active.

Without those two though....the lions might just pull it off! wee!

We just need to...yanno....not also lose....ugh.

Gay Ork Wang
12-04-2008, 06:31 PM
wtf i never knew Mike Peterson and Adrian Peterson (our guy) are brothers

BeerBaron
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM

I knew that. It's strange how you find random brothers in the league....

bearsfan_51
12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
I knew that. It's strange how you find random brothers in the league....
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/BD/images/genetics.jpg
There's nothing random about it.

Monomach
12-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Wow. Had no idea.

BeerBaron
12-04-2008, 11:21 PM

I meant random as in two guys you don't really think about being brothers are. I only knew Mike and Adrian were because I'd seen them specifically. But how many "Petersons" are there in the league?

btw, I won a custom title in JBond's little football knowledge thingy. Anyone have a good idea for me?

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2008, 02:01 AM
I won it too! god we are awesome :P

BeerBaron
12-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I won it too! god we are awesome :P

woo.....Bears fans ftw. Showing the rest of the league, haha

i still haven't come up with on yet....its really hard to think of something

TitleTown088
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM

No kidding it's all genetics.

I was surprised to hear that Brian Westbrook's cousin plays for da gophers.

bearsfan_51
12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
btw, I won a custom title in JBond's little football knowledge thingy. Anyone have a good idea for me?

How about "The Knower"?

bearsfan_51
12-05-2008, 02:32 PM
No kidding it's all genetics.

I was surprised to hear that Brian Westbrook's cousin plays for da gophers.
Yeah I didn't know about that either.

I had two of the Tow-Arnett brothers in my class this year. Pretty neat story. All three of them were walk-ons and two of them will start next year.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2008, 02:39 PM
im gonna get the Usertitel:

Forte = Baby Marcus Allen

BeerBaron
12-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm lovin my new title, haha.

Monomach
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm just curious; am I the only Bears fan that thinks Danieal Manning would be an average-quality starting free safety if we'd just left him in one position since picking him?

I thought I saw flashes of good stuff in his rookie year.

Race for the Heisman
12-05-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm just curious; am I the only Bears fan that thinks Danieal Manning would be an average-quality starting free safety if we'd just left him in one position since picking him?

I thought I saw flashes of good stuff in his rookie year.

Yeah, probably. General view is he's a ***** and I'm not disinclined to subscribe to it.

BeerBaron
12-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, seeing Manning actually in on D makes me rather ill. Sure he can cover, maybe make a pick or two, but when he's out there, we only have 10 guys capable of making the tackle....

regoob2
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM

I thought I saw flashes of good stuff in his rookie year.We'll never know. He has the ability too be good.

Smokey Joe
12-06-2008, 08:23 AM
I think Dan Manning is the least deserving most hated player on this team. He has preformed a lot better then what people give him credit for.

BeerBaron
12-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I think Dan Manning is the least deserving most hated player on this team. He has preformed a lot better then what people give him credit for.

Untillllllllll....he has to make a tackle. Then.....nosomuch.

Gay Ork Wang
12-06-2008, 10:57 AM
The Bears have given up an average of 5.3 yards per rush and seven rushing touchdowns in three games against the Vikings and Packers. Against all other opponents, however, they are allowing 2.6 yards per rush and have given up a total of six rushing touchdowns.

Jesus Christ

regoob2
12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Jesus Christ
Way to step up in big games guys.

Gay Ork Wang
12-06-2008, 12:21 PM
better than never

BeerBaron
12-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Thats those division opponents for ya....they figure you out.

Thats why I'm hoping Detroit can pull one over on Minny this weekend....would be REAL nice

k0ng
12-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Who wants to bet that we go 9-7, miss the playoffs, and screw our ourselves out of a good position in the draft?

bearsfan_51
12-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Who wants to bet that we go 9-7, miss the playoffs, and screw our ourselves out of a good position in the draft?
I'd much rather go 9-7, beat the Packers, and miss the playoffs, than lose the next 4 and finish 6-10.

Fair weather fans ******* piss me off.

regoob2
12-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Who wants to bet that we go 9-7, miss the playoffs, and screw our ourselves out of a good position in the draft?lol, that sounds about right.

BeerBaron
12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I was playing with that NFL playoffs scenario generator thing over in the NFL forum and it looks like if we win out at home, we'll make the playoffs at 9-7.

I know thats pretty BS, but it made me a little happy......go home wins! wee!

Gay Ork Wang
12-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I was playing with that NFL playoffs scenario generator thing over in the NFL forum and it looks like if we win out at home, we'll make the playoffs at 9-7.

I know thats pretty BS, but it made me a little happy......go home wins! wee!
not if the Vikings win 3

BeerBaron
12-06-2008, 06:09 PM
not if the Vikings win 3

I guess it thought that was unlikely or something, lol. Might be real hard if they lose the Williamses after this week....

Gay Ork Wang
12-06-2008, 06:58 PM
not if the Lions lose and the Giants be asses and sit their starters, i mean we need to win 2 more than them

k0ng
12-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I'd much rather go 9-7, beat the Packers, and miss the playoffs, than lose the next 4 and finish 6-10.

Calling me a fair weather fan? I'd much rather have us go 9-7 and MAKE the playoffs. I was just saying that's the way things usually work for us. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Monomach
12-07-2008, 12:03 AM

So you're cool with giving the Packers a better pick, us a worse pick, all while missing the playoffs?

Got it.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2008, 08:16 AM
So you're cool with giving the Packers a better pick, us a worse pick, all while missing the playoffs?

Got it.
If it means beating the Packers, yes.

I am a fan of the Chicago Bears. That means I want them to win every game that they play.

The difference between the 12th pick and the 18th pick usually means nothing anyway.

The fact that you would actively root for "your team" to lose is pathetic. Go buy a Lions jersey. They need more people like you.

Gay Ork Wang
12-07-2008, 08:39 AM

Got it.
yes as long as we finish better than them, yes

awfullyquiet
12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
if the vikings lose to the falcons (without williams A/B it seems WAAAAAAAAAAAY more possible), we'll probably see playoffs. a chance to re-beat the falcons. and finish 10-6.

if the lions win, we have all hope anyway. i like rooting for the lions.

BeerBaron
12-07-2008, 10:41 AM
if the vikings lose to the falcons (without williams A/B it seems WAAAAAAAAAAAY more possible), we'll probably see playoffs. a chance to re-beat the falcons. and finish 10-6.

if the lions win, we have all hope anyway. i like rooting for the lions.

I'm hoping the Lions finish 2-14....guess the two games ill be rooting for them in.

its seems like though, if we just take care of our own business and...yanno....win....we might be able to control our own fate still. Minny seems like they're going to be having issues upcoming with the Williamses

Monomach
12-07-2008, 11:20 AM
If it means beating the Packers, yes.

I am a fan of the Chicago Bears. That means I want them to win every game that they play.

The difference between the 12th pick and the 18th pick usually means nothing anyway.

The fact that you would actively root for "your team" to lose is pathetic.
Not making the playoffs is not making the playoffs. There's no trophy inscribed with "BEAT THE PACKERS ONCE."

The difference between the 12th pick and the 18th pick is sometimes the difference between an all-time great and a never-was. What happens if this is one of those times?

Go buy a Lions jersey. They need more people like you.
Eat me.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Not making the playoffs is not making the playoffs. There's no trophy inscribed with "BEAT THE PACKERS ONCE."

The difference between the 12th pick and the 18th pick is sometimes the difference between an all-time great and a never-was. What happens if this is one of those times?

Eat me.

You're so full of ****. The team is made up of 53 players that are already Chicago Bears. I would rather they play well and prove that we are moving in the right direction than bail out like a ***** so we can be 6 more spots to drafting one player.

Good teams draft well no matter where they are. The Lions have been picking in the top 10 for decades and they still suck.

If you are honestly hoping the Bears lose you don't deserve to be a Bears fan, and I hope others feel the same way. I'm blocking you from now on. People like you aren't worth mine or anyone else's time.

Gay Ork Wang
12-07-2008, 11:42 AM
U seriously think we have a better chance at getting a great player at 12 than at 18? U dont think it has ANYTHING to do with scouting?

regoob2
12-07-2008, 12:03 PM
You're so full of ****. The team is made up of 53 players that are already Chicago Bears. I would rather they play well and prove that we are moving in the right direction than bail out like a ***** so we can be 6 more spots to drafting one player.

Good teams draft well no matter where they are. The Lions have been picking in the top 10 for decades and they still suck.

If you are honestly hoping the Bears lose you don't deserve to be a Bears fan, and I hope others feel the same way. I'm blocking you from now on. People like you aren't worth mine or anyone else's time.
7 players. We'd move up in every round. ;)

bearsfan_51
12-07-2008, 12:05 PM
7 players. We'd move up in every round. ;)
I think we'd all agree that the difference between the 102th pick and the 108th pick is particularly meaningless.

regoob2
12-07-2008, 12:08 PM
I think we'd all agree that the difference between the 102th pick and the 108th pick is particularly meaningless.
I think we could agree on that.

shady00
12-07-2008, 05:25 PM

I'd rather win, too, but I understand where he's coming from as I am also a fellow draft addict

BeerBaron
12-07-2008, 05:26 PM
bring on new orleans.

Gay Ork Wang
12-07-2008, 05:42 PM
i hope its gonna rain and snow like ****. Forte should run all over them

BeerBaron
12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
i hope its gonna rain and snow like ****. Forte should run all over them

Aye. If Brees is on, they can torch our D all day.....but if do get some crappy weather, we might slow em enough to let Forte run all over that D.

The Unseen
12-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Congrats on the win, and may the Ditka be with you.

EDIT: missed the game thread, but oh well

BeerBaron
12-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Congrats on the win, and may the Ditka be with you.

EDIT: missed the game thread, but oh well

Aye, not a special game or anything, but I'll take the win.

Certainly not the Jags team from last year I must say...they'd have wiped the floor with us.

regoob2
12-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Anyone watching Suggs play? No way we can afford this guy he's a beast.

BeerBaron
12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Anyone watching Suggs play? No way we can afford this guy he's a beast.

I'd still love to try......he's exactly what we need.

Gay Ork Wang
12-08-2008, 02:19 PM
I was wondering how it is looking like with the tiebreaker.

Case if both go 10-6:

We would obviously need to win in Packers land to get tied in division wins.

that means Bears 8-6, Vikings 8-5.

Now looking at common games:
Bears are 0-3 vs the NFC South and 2-1 vs the AFC South. The Vikings are 2-1 vs the NFC South and 2-2 vs the AFC South. So we would have to win against the Saints and the Houston Texans to tie the tiebreaker and Vikings have to lose vs the Falcons. So the bears would have to end 10-6, vikings are 8-6. the Vikings have to win both of their games, to tie us then, we both have 10-6. Next one would be games won in the conference i believe. the Vikings are 6-3 in the Conference and we are 5-5. That means we have no chance if the vikings win 10 games. So they better lose out.

case for 9-7 and 8-8 we would lose because of the common opponents since they have 4 wins against the common opponents and we only 2. We would need to win both, Houston and Texans game to tie and if we are only 9-7, that means we would lose the Packers game which would cost us the division tiebreaker.

That means, there are no chances for the bears to win a tie breaker.
So the next few weeks we have to be Bears fans as well as Falcons fans, we need to hope Cardinals, Giants and Tampa Bay/Carolina fight for the 1st round bye/Homefield advantage so they play great against the Vikings.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2008, 04:45 PM
On the Daniel Manning Interception, Israel Idonije occupied 3 blockers. what a beast

BeerBaron
12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Idonije is a beast. Guy plays on special teams too....nothing like a DT screaming down the field trying to tackle the return man, lol

awfullyquiet
12-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Can someone fill me in on what the issue is with Bennett? I heard rumors of something why we haven't seen him.

Gay Ork Wang
12-10-2008, 10:36 AM
what are the rumors?

BeerBaron
12-10-2008, 11:23 AM
My guess, and I've heard this from a few people too, is that he's not that good at special teams so that keeps him inactive for most weeks.

Plus, we really don't do much with rookie receivers anyway.....letting him learn the offense during practice and get ready.

Gay Ork Wang
12-10-2008, 11:34 AM
he actually had 2 ST Tackles in the last 2 games

SFbear
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Can someone fill me in on what the issue is with Bennett? I heard rumors of something why we haven't seen him.

I heard he can't get past the jam at the line of scrimmage. Just a rumor.

Monomach
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I heard that Lovie adopted Rashied Davis and gives him unearned playing time.

Just a rumor.

Gay Ork Wang
12-10-2008, 03:02 PM
i thought Davis is Lovie's child out of an affair.

They are both black. Coincidence? I think not

regoob2
12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
I heard he can't get past the jam at the line of scrimmage. Just a rumor.
That and he cant seperate. Sounds like a great WR.

Gay Ork Wang
12-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Jamaal Brown is out for the Saints

shady00
12-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Gus Frerotte out 2 weeks. Let's hope Tarvaris plays like himself

BeerBaron
12-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Gus Frerotte out 2 weeks. Let's hope Tarvaris plays like himself

Bad Tarvaris shows up....lol.

Problem is AP...if the Vikings actually use him, they could win with anyone at QB.

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Benson knows what might have been for him and the Bears.

"My time there was short," Benson said. "I sat for two years. The third year I was hurt. The fourth year, this year, I got cut before the season. The fourth season was going to be my time. It looked like we would have had a 1-2 punch with me and Forte in there. He would have gotten the ball and that would have worked for me.

"He is having a great year, but when I see the highlights, I see holes. I see them using him in the slot, something they didn't do with me. If I was there right now with the holes I see, I'd probably have 1,800 yards right now. I definitely would have 1,500 by now. I congratulate him on all of his success. He is taking advantage."

God Benson is such a POS.

He says he would lead the league in rushing by 400 yards if he was with the bears...

regoob2
12-11-2008, 06:52 PM
God Benson is such a POS.

He says he would lead the league in rushing by 400 yards if he was with the bears...
He is something.

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2008, 06:53 PM
god third year he was injured....He was injured after like 102132394 Weeks. like he wouldve done anything. We wouldve never cut him if he played at a high level

regoob2
12-11-2008, 06:55 PM
god third year he was injured....He was injured after like 102132394 Weeks. like he wouldve done anything. We wouldve never cut him if he played at a high level
My favorite part was that he said he wasnt used in the slot. You cant ******* catch why would you be used in the slot.

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2008, 06:56 PM
My favorite part was that he said he wasnt used in the slot. You cant ******* catch why would you be used in the slot.
my favourite part was 1800 yards...thats prolly about the same amount he had over his career

Monomach
12-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I want to know what year's tapes he's watching. Can't be this year's if he sees holes.

Gay Ork Wang
12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
"I like it," Gould said. "I get an opportunity to get a warmup kick in but also see and judge exactly how the wind is blowing. For me, I wish every coach would do that and give me the opportunity. They say ice, but I don't think it really works."

thats for u BeerBaron

Monomach
12-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I was curious about what Orton's deserved rating was for the Saints game, rather than the one he got, so I took out all three of the receiver-caused incompletions and both pass interference calls. I turned them into completed passes. Two new completions resulted in a TD, I removed all following plays in that drive. All others resulted in a turnover or punt in real life, so I just assumed we still punted for those, even though they became first downs.

Orton's final line: 29/42, 278 yd, 2 td, 1 int
QB rating of 93.1 rather than his 49.2.

That's just ridiculous. His official stats aren't telling the story and we should probably get him a contract extension before his agent does what I did for every game.

Cerni88
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Orton has been solid yes, but they were stacking the line. and i understand its football, but it was the saints a top 5 worst d. Blame is definately on the wide recievers, but most of those passes high schoolers could of made.

Monomach
12-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Orton has been solid yes, but they were stacking the line. and i understand its football, but it was the saints a top 5 worst d. Blame is definately on the wide recievers, but most of those passes high schoolers could of made.

What do you mean a high schooler could have made them? Orton DID make them. Two were interfered with. One went through Clark's hands like a basketball hoop. Two flat out bounced out of receiver's hands.

No, they weren't stacking the line all night. Who cares how bad their D is? How many teams have worse WRs than the Bears? One? Two?

Some Bears fans wouldn't give credit to Mike Tyson for punching hard if he caved in their face.

awfullyquiet
12-12-2008, 10:44 PM

I think you miss the point.

The bears haven't even had anything as good as a HS quarterback since 2003.

Cerni88
12-13-2008, 11:49 AM
He didnt throw pass 10 yards, thats not an nfl quarterback.

bearfan
12-13-2008, 11:53 AM
I think everyone is blowing the short passes out of proportion. Its freaking freezing here. Now when its cold, or raining, are you going to attempt a lot of risky passes? The short pass formula in the cold has worked for us before (GB last year), so short passes are fine by me when its as cold as it was.

Gay Ork Wang
12-13-2008, 11:56 AM
he did throw it pass 10 yards, just didnt complete 2 that were called for PIs.

Seriously though, with our WRs, who do you think would get seperate downfield besides Hester who he threw the ball to?

Monomach
12-13-2008, 02:40 PM

See here:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_20PLUS_YARDS_EACH&d-447263-n=1
That's despite missing time with his ankle hurt.

That's right. You're just plain making crap up.

Cerni88
12-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I was curious about what Orton's deserved rating was for the Saints game, rather than the one he got, so I took out all three of the receiver-caused incompletions and both pass interference calls. I turned them into completed passes. Two new completions resulted in a TD, I removed all following plays in that drive. All others resulted in a turnover or punt in real life, so I just assumed we still punted for those, even though they became first downs.

Orton's final line: 29/42, 278 yd, 2 td, 1 int
QB rating of 93.1 rather than his 49.2.

That's just ridiculous. His official stats aren't telling the story and we should probably get him a contract extension before his agent does what I did for every game.

OK dude, if ur gonna pull this crap out then how about you add the int that vilma dropped?

Stop defending orton, he played a crap game. I dont know exactly why, I am not oblivious to the lack of talent at WR. He overthrew hester twice, one being a PI and he underthrew him for another PI, make those incompletes and we lose. I am not sure if Hester would have even caught either of those passes.

And i never said he didnt throw pass 10 yards the whole year, ur making crap up. I like Orton, but I dont think its a position that we cant improve on.

Bearfan, I agree that you do whatever is working.

I'm for giving him extension, at the very least he is a great backup, but i dont think he is a franchise QB yet. I'm just arguing the fact ur crowning him when he really didnt do much in the saints game. After a win everyone freaks out. Orton didnt win us this one.

Monomach
12-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Orton: 7 over 10 yards vs #20 pass defense with half of one good WR
Brees: 9 over 10 yards vs #28 pass defense with two good WR

ZZZOMG DREW BREES = HIGH SCHOOL QB!

Brilliant, Cerni. Just brilliant.

Cerni88
12-13-2008, 07:53 PM
I love how you try to twist my words, it actually amuses me. I never said that Orton was a high school quarterback. We could've inserted a high school QB and there wouldnt be much of a difference. If you watched that game you can not seriously tell me that he was making throws pass 10 yards. You need to relax a little. It seems like your just trying to prove me wrong. Maybe your doing a good job, but i dont think you are.

Gay Ork Wang
12-13-2008, 09:08 PM
what else is he supposed to do? Prove u right although ur wrong?

Orton was not that horrible. He had 1 or 2 overthrows that werent pretty, but he was pretty solid. He had 1 turnover that was his fault, ******* Davis dropped a really catchable ball and Kreutz pre-snapped. He was the one who passed to hester, and even not complete it was PI. U dont look at it and say: doesnt count he didnt caught it. Fact is he moved us down the field. He moved us down the field for a gametying drive, he moved us down field in OT. That we won was because of the whole teams. Or defense didnt play that bad, we got pressure, and allowed 7 points after the other team started at the 1, Chicagos 45 and Chicagos 31. that is a great bilance against the #1 passing attack.

Again Orton didnt play crap. He didnt play phenomenal or pro bowl caliber. But he played decent and that is almost better than 50% of all the teams could say.

I do agree with u though that Monomach, u can just take stats away and add things. Stats are not important. All i need is to watch Orton play. He played well. I mean even if he didnt get those big chunk of yardage, he moved the ball had 172 yards passing which is nice.

Gay Ork Wang
12-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Our playoffs hopes are horrible.

Asuming we win both of our games, we need either:

1. Minnie loses out
Asuming Minnie wins 1, we need:

2.Tampa loses out (they play vs Oak and vs SD) and the Cowboys lose 2 out of 3 ( vs Giants, vs Bal, @PHI) as well as Phillie loses 1 out of the next 3.
or
3. Falcons lose out (@Min, vs STL) and the Cowboys lose 2 out of 3 ( vs Giants, vs Bal, @PHI) as well as Phillie loses 1 out of the next 3.
or
4. Falcons and Tampa loses out, Phillie loses 1 out of next 3

So worst case scenario, falcons lose next week win week 17, vikings win week 17, Tampa wins either one

regoob2
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
We had a good year anyway.

BeerBaron
12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, 8 wins compared to what we were thinking pre-season isn't horrible.....

but aggghhhh.....those losses to Tampa and Atlanta are killing us right now. I'd love to have those back......

GB12
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, 8 wins compared to what we were thinking pre-season isn't horrible.....

but aggghhhh.....those losses to Tampa and Atlanta are killing us right now. I'd love to have those back......We can say that about 5 or 6 of the Packers losses. Losses like that really suck. I'd almost rather be blown out so you can't look back and feel bad about the blown opportunities.

bearsfan_51
12-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, if we finish with a winning record I'll be pleased. Let the Vikings fans have a division, they haven't had one since 2000.

The only thing that really bums me out is Berrian. I can't blame him for taking all that money, but I hate to see him burn us now.

I will also remind everyone when I said that Charles Tillman would end up blowing us a chance at the playoffs (Bucs game). Had we won that game, we'd be in a great position right now.

BeerBaron
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't excuse Tillman for reacting the way he did but had Trueblood not acted up first....damn.

Dr. Gonzo
12-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah, if we finish with a winning record I'll be pleased. Let the Vikings fans have a division, they haven't had one since 2000.

The only thing that really bums me out is Berrian. I can't blame him for taking all that money, but I hate to see him burn us now.

I will also remind everyone when I said that Charles Tillman would end up blowing us a chance at the playoffs (Bucs game). Had we won that game, we'd be in a great position right now.

Meh. The Vikings have blown a few games late as well. Every team in our division has a few what if games. The Vikings have just been blown out less the everyone else so even with those what if games we look to have the division won. Next year it could very well go someone elses way.

BeerBaron
12-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Looks like the Vikes will be without Pat Williams for a little while..out 2-6 weeks with a scapula injury.

We need all the help we can get...I hope it really hurts them to be without him.

We also all need to be Browns fans tonight. We need them to knock off the Eagles so we can jump ahead of them, and then we need the Eagles to knock of the Cowboys the last week of the season to keep our playoff hopes alive.

Gay Ork Wang
12-15-2008, 04:11 PM
well, basically if the Falcons lose but the bucs and cowboys win next week we are out

BeerBaron
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Well what the hell....I think Briggs is our only pro bowler.

Not like we should have had a lot of guys in, but Forte is getting snubbed....who do you take out for him? idk...but its a snub nonetheless imo. Same with Greg Olsen. I think even Kevin Boss is an alternate ahead of him.

And Carney but not Gould.

grr.....

Gay Ork Wang
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
meh Forte had to go up against a lot of good guys, i dont think he wouldve made it over DWilliams either. You could make a case for him but its not a surprise

Hanson should be over any K in the NFC

BeerBaron
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5459

So Briggs is officially the only one.

Then the alternates: Harris was voted a first alternate, Kreutz, punter Brad Maynard and tight end Greg Olsen were chosen second alternates, and Hester and Urlacher were picked third alternates.

Gay Ork Wang
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Harris shouldnt be an alternate. At all

BeerBaron
12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Harris shouldnt be an alternate. At all

In on name recognition alone....but yeah, I agree on that one.

bearsfan_51
12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Nothing too suprising about that, although Urlacher as a 3rd alternate seems low for someone of his stature. I wonder if there was a lower # of Bears fans voting this year.

regoob2
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Im actually ok with that. Sounds about right.

Race for the Heisman
12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm a little surprised Tillman has gotten no love.

dabears10
12-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm a little surprised Tillman has gotten no love.

Why he underperformed this year. It really is likely because we had no pass rush so he was exposed more but seriously he was not very good this year.

Race for the Heisman
12-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Why he underperformed this year. It really is likely because we had no pass rush so he was exposed more but seriously he was not very good this year.

I thought he'd been pretty solid and he's shown up statistically, too, which was more what I was getting at.

bearsfan_51
12-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Tillman never gets any love. Vasher has been to a probowl but he hasn't.

That said, this hasn't been a good year for Peanut by any stretch of the imagination. He was more deserving last year.

dabears10
12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Tillman never gets any love. Vasher has been to a probowl but he hasn't.

That said, this hasn't been a good year for Peanut by any stretch of the imagination. He was more deserving last year.

Yes I agree with you here. In the past Peanut preformed much better than he had this year. The only way I could have seen him make it if people thought he got snubbed previously and then point to his numbers this year.

regoob2
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Pro bowl is about flash. FF arent flashy but Tillman deserves a pro bowl or 2 before he leaves.

regoob2
12-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a good Corey Graham pic? Will +rep. Thanks.

BeerBaron
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a good Corey Graham pic? Will +rep. Thanks.

kersplam!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham2.jpg

regoob2
12-18-2008, 11:23 AM
kersplam!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/coreygraham2.jpg
You are the man!

bearsfan_51
12-18-2008, 02:56 PM
If you guys didn't see it, I made a handy little salary cap guide for this (off)season.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27957

Beerbaron, if you would sticky it that would be great. Unsticky the depth chart if you'd like, I think this is a more detailed guide anyway.

Salary cap looks pretty nice for the next two years, which could indicate a bigger move than I thought.

regoob2
12-18-2008, 03:02 PM
If you guys didn't see it, I made a handy little salary cap guide for this (off)season.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27957

Beerbaron, if you would sticky it that would be great. Unsticky the depth chart if you'd like, I think this is a more detailed guide anyway.

Salary cap looks pretty nice for the next two years, which could indicate a bigger move than I thought.
Come on Peppers!!!!!

Gay Ork Wang
12-18-2008, 03:15 PM
really doubt peppers will get to FA

Smokey Joe
12-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Gimme Suggs!

BeerBaron
12-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Suggs > Peppers imo.

Younger, better fit, plays with passion much more often....

plus I think Peppers can and will be franchised if not completely resigned by the Panthers while I don't think Suggs can be franchised again.

Smokey Joe
12-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Suggs isn't better then Peppers, but he does make a whole lot more sense.

BeerBaron
12-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Sometimes I need to just shut up and pull out of other teams forums, lol.

Its so cute that the Lions fans think they could sign Haynesworth and draft all these non-QBs early and turn their team around....

I guess decades of fandom of a sad, sorry team have scrambled their minds

Race for the Heisman
12-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Sometimes I need to just shut up and pull out of other teams forums, lol.

Its so cute that the Lions fans think they could sign Haynesworth and draft all these non-QBs early and turn their team around....

I guess decades of fandom of a sad, sorry team have scrambled their minds

Story of your life? ;)

Anyway, I'm working on a big board for the los Osos. I'm thinking 15 players per pick or so (5 hope they fall, 5 good value, 5 potential reaches), but I'm not going to restrict myself to a specific number.

Smokey Joe
12-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I hate stupid bear fans (none that I know of here) who want to move Tillman to FS. It's just so stupid of an idea.

Gay Ork Wang
12-21-2008, 06:16 PM
best possible outcomes. Dallas, Phillie, Falcons and Chargers win. So we have to win now to complete a great week. Win against houston and then we have to hope for a loss for Tampa and Dallas i think as well as Minnie

Bosanac01
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM
you're welcome guys!! Glad to help!!

Cheeers!! :D

regoob2
12-21-2008, 06:36 PM
I hate stupid bear fans (none that I know of here) who want to move Tillman to FS. It's just so stupid of an idea.You should go to other forums where they say we should trade Hester. I'm pissed I slept through all the games today. :( Damn you christmas party! (shakes fist)

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Given the outcomes of the other games (Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs) I'd rather have Minny just won. Even if we win out, I think all they have to do is win next week to clinch the division right?

Personally would rather have seen Atlanta just get knocked down to our level like the other 3 teams all did....damn. Would have thrust us right into the wildcard chase.

But, we still have to take care of business too. Hopefully, we do that tomorrow night.

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Another thing, who is already pissed off about us going to have to hear about Benson for a week? How great he is and how ******* horse **** ******** we are for cutting him?

ugh......gonna be fun! </sarcasm>

Gay Ork Wang
12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Given the outcomes of the other games (Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs) I'd rather have Minny just won. Even if we win out, I think all they have to do is win next week to clinch the division right?

Personally would rather have seen Atlanta just get knocked down to our level like the other 3 teams all did....damn. Would have thrust us right into the wildcard chase.

But, we still have to take care of business too. Hopefully, we do that tomorrow night.
Atlanta plays St. Louis and Tampa plays Oakland. U really expect both of them to lose?

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Atlanta plays St. Louis and Tampa plays Oakland. U really expect both of them to lose?

I guess not.....but I really don't like how this works out with us and Minny. We split our season series and I think we're the same record in the division....but they still get the tiebreaker.....

Our shot isn't all that realistic anyway, but I'd rather hope for Atlanta and Tampa to lose than have our hopes up of getting in past Minny.

Gay Ork Wang
12-21-2008, 07:28 PM
well Minny is the best chance we have. Assuming we win out, Minny has to lose. If they had won, we would have to hope for 2 of Tampa, Atlanta and Dallas to lose. Now we hope Minny loses against the Giants or Tampa loses vs the Oakland raiders at home and Dallas vs the Eagles.

Imo thats the best scenario for us.

btw we have to win against the packers to have the same division record as the vikes. we just won 1 game vs the eagles whereas they won 1 against the Panthers.

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/21/vikings-loss-creates-interesting-scenario-for-giants/

sigh.....

Gay Ork Wang
12-21-2008, 07:40 PM
yea i doubt theyd rather see the Williams Wall and Adrian Peterson than Anthony Adams and Forte. besides, thats really ********, since bears or vikings would have to win in the wild card week.

as i said, i dont think coughlin wants his team to go 1-3/0-4 in the last few weeks before the playoffs. I think he might sit jacobs but tries to play like last year

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, my thinking was that the Vikes are probably the better team than we are right now, but it looks like history is against us.

Gay Ork Wang
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
yea like coughlin is gonna look at the history and tell his team: hey im not confident that u could beat the bears, so lets lose against the vikings so we can play them again. u dont think Eli wants to play against the vikings and proof last year wrong

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
yea like coughlin is gonna look at the history and tell his team: hey im not confident that u could beat the bears, so lets lose against the vikings so we can play them again. u dont think Eli wants to play against the vikings and proof last year wrong

Its just one thought process going on.....relax.

I do hate how the final week of the season does contain teams that "rest their starters" an crap though......the NFL should find some way to make it still have some incentive even if you've locked up your playoff spot.

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 10:00 PM
you know, I kind of like the idea of Derrick Ward being our #2 back......he wouldn't be real expensive I don't think, and he probably wouldn't be commanding a full time starting job anywhere. And you'd have the think the Giants would rather have Jacobs back than Ward so he should see the market.

But he's not all that horrible, lol. Nice explosion, I like him.

BeerBaron
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Im going to re-reiterate that Derrick Ward would be a good back.

He might just run himself into a #1 back spot just yet though, lol.....sadly.....

shady00
12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
I expect him to get a starting job much like Turner did in ATL, or start in NY if Jacobs bounces.

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/22/wade-says-bears-will-blow-it/

Damn you Bobby Wade!!!!

regoob2
12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/22/wade-says-bears-will-blow-it/

Damn you Bobby Wade!!!!
Wade is a moron.

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Wade is a moron.

A moron who suddenly learned how to snatch passes out of the air using his hands and body in order to advance the football (albeit not all that well)........once he left us and went to a division rival......grrrrr......

regoob2
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
A moron who suddenly learned how to snatch passes out of the air using his hands and body in order to advance the football (albeit not all that well)........once he left us and went to a division rival......grrrrr......
They play in a dome. Booo dome teams!

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
They play in a dome. Booo dome teams!

Agreed.....especially the cold weather teams. Minny and Detroit should be outdoors like the rest of us. Makes the games damn fun.....

A lot of people complained, but I liked that our superbowl was in the rain. Football games in the elements are badass. If you don't like them, go watch baseball or nascar.

regoob2
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
My boy Stacey Andrews just got hurt for the year. :( I still hope we look at him in the off season.

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
My boy Stacey Andrews just got hurt for the year. :( I still hope we look at him in the off season.

The year as in.....one more game......or the year as in, if this had happened in week 1 he'd be out for the year as well?

GB12
12-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Agreed.....especially the cold weather teams. Minny and Detroit should be outdoors like the rest of us. Makes the games damn fun.....

A lot of people complained, but I liked that our superbowl was in the rain. Football games in the elements are badass. If you don't like them, go watch baseball or nascar.
I hate domes too, but for the time being I kind of like that the Vikings are in a dome. That way they can't take full advantage of how their team is built.

Great run game
Great run defense
Poor passing game
Poor passing defense
Very cold weather in Minneapolis

And they **** that up by playing in a dome.

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I hate domes too, but for the time being I kind of like that the Vikings are in a dome. That way they can't take full advantage of how their team is built.

Great run game
Great run defense
Poor passing game
Poor passing defense
Very cold weather in Minneapolis

And they **** that up by playing in a dome.

lol yeah, its true. Back in the days of Pepper to Moss though it was a different story.......

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey, question. Does anyone know of a way I can watch the game tonight for free and without downloading anything?

I'm at work and i'll be there til about 930 or 945 and probably won't be home until 10ish.

Offering +rep for good help!

Gay Ork Wang
12-22-2008, 04:07 PM
its homertv.net

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 04:08 PM
its homertv.net

Gotta put a "1" in there now I think. Hopefully it works.

regoob2
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
The year as in.....one more game......or the year as in, if this had happened in week 1 he'd be out for the year as well?
Likely wont be ready for week 1 next season.

Gay Ork Wang
12-22-2008, 04:12 PM
no 1 just homertv

regoob2
12-22-2008, 04:18 PM
nfl.com shows the game also.

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 07:39 PM
no 1 just homertv

I hate Macs I hate Macs I hate Macs......

I can't get it working. Both channel 5 and 6 say NFL pregame but when I click on them, theres just a black screen with "Justin.tv" written. wtf?

I hate Macs.

Race for the Heisman
12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Chris Williams sighting! Wrong thread, sort of, but I haven't been able to catch the Bears as much as I'd like and its the first time I've seen him on the field.

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Chris Williams sighting! Wrong thread, sort of, but I haven't been able to catch the Bears as much as I'd like and its the first time I've seen him on the field.

He's done that tackle eligible goal line thing a few times this year. He also got some mop up work against the Rams iirc.

Gay Ork Wang
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
i cant believe we are still in

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 11:11 PM
i cant believe we are still in

yeah......yeah.

It sucks to admit, but honestly....we have no business being here. I'm so hellishly glad that we are, but we really shouldn't be.......

Special teams ftw!

dabears10
12-22-2008, 11:23 PM
BEARS! What an awful performance. But we still need one more game and a vikings loss and we can still get to the playoffs. LETS GO BEARS!

BeerBaron
12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
BEARS! What an awful performance. But we still need one more game and a vikings loss and we can still get to the playoffs. LETS GO BEARS!

So lets get this straight, correct me if i'm wrong anyone:

1.) We need to beat the Texans

---***AND***---

2.) Vikings lose to the Giants (we win division)

---***OR***---

3.) Cowboys and Bucs BOTH lose (we get wildcard)

right?

Gay Ork Wang
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
yes thats the way it will go

GB12
12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
So lets get this straight, correct me if i'm wrong anyone:

1.) We need to beat the Texans

---***AND***---

2.) Vikings lose to the Giants (we win division)

---***OR***---

3.) Cowboys and Bucs BOTH lose (we get wildcard)

right?
I will be rooting for 1 and 2 to happen because I can actually respect the Bears, which can't be said for the Vikings. Both of you making it would not be cool though.

dabears10
12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I believe that's right beer baron. So it may be unlikely but still 10-6 better than 9-7!

bearsfan_51
12-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I can't see the Bucs losing to the Raiders. I think our best bet is that the Giants play their starters enough to win.

regoob2
12-22-2008, 11:34 PM
What a game! Go Bears!!!!

Race for the Heisman
12-23-2008, 12:04 AM
It's so much sweeter because my roommate is a Packers fan. He texted me after the Green Bay fake punt and I didn't want to respond because things didn't look very good but I sent him one after the fourth down conversion by an inch and then gave him a 'Good as Gould' after the final kick. Now if the Packers would lose to the Lions that would be one of best Christmas presents ever.

bearsfan_51
12-23-2008, 12:05 AM
It's so much sweeter because my roommate is a Packers fan. He texted me after the Green Bay fake punt and I didn't want to respond because things didn't look very good but I sent him one after the fourth down conversion by an inch and then gave him a 'Good as Gould' after the final kick. Now if the Packers would lose to the Lions that would be one of best Christmas presents ever.
Why are you friends with a Packers fan?

dabears10
12-23-2008, 12:12 AM

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

dabears10
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I can't see the Bucs losing to the Raiders. I think our best bet is that the Giants play their starters enough to win.

Always rational. yes I couldn't see the Bucs losing to the Raiders either, but it is the NFL and the Bucs haven't been playing well.

Race for the Heisman
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM

I never said we were friends, just roommates. ;) I probably tell him I'll kill him while he sleeps at least once a day. He's not really a hardcore fan anyway and he's more of a Favre fan (really upset with the Packers for letting him go).

bearsfan_51
12-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Always rational. yes I couldn't see the Bucs losing to the Raiders either, but it is the NFL and the Bucs haven't been playing well.
I'm not saying it's impossible, just not likely.

I'd put the Bucs odds at winning at about 70%.
I'd put the Cowboys odds at winning at about 30% (on the road in Philly? good luck)

Conversely, I'd put the Vikes odds at winning at 50% (assuming the Giants at least half try)

I'd also say we're about 50-60% to beat the Texans. It's going to be a tough game.

All told I think we've got about a 25-30% chance at the playoffs, but that's a hell of a lot better than two weeks ago.

dabears10
12-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm not saying it's impossible, just not likely.

I'd put the Bucs odds at winning at about 70%.
I'd put the Cowboys odds at winning at about 30% (on the road in Philly? good luck)

Conversely, I'd put the Vikes odds at winning at 50% (assuming the Giants at least half try)

I'd also say we're about 50-60% to beat the Texans. It's going to be a tough game.

All told I think we've got about a 25-30% chance at the playoffs, but that's a hell of a lot better than two weeks ago.

I am most worried about being able to beat the Texans. They have shown that they can be dangerous and we have shown we can be very mediocre. I say we have about 20% at the playoffs. That is very slim, but I will be as happy with a 10-6 record with one playoff loss as with no playoffs at all.

BeerBaron
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Well, the Raiders just beat the Texans....so theres a little hope coming from 2 directions sort of.

Given that we don't have anyone nearly as good as Aso to hold Andre to 2 catches for 19 yards.......

But you know that Al Davis will be pumping that team up to beat Gruden.....I'm hoping the Raiders take it to em, they really don't have that much else to play for.

And yeah, the Cowboys should (hopefully) struggle in Philly. That Ravens loss to close out their stadium will hopefully bring them down.

Its a lot we need to happen, but I think if we can beat the Texans, one door into the playoffs will open...somehow.

We just need to actually beat the Texans.

shady00
12-23-2008, 01:36 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/12/new_york_giants_wont_take_it_e.html

Coughlin says he doesn't want to take it easy on the Vikes

Race for the Heisman
12-23-2008, 01:40 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/12/new_york_giants_wont_take_it_e.html

Coughlin says he doesn't want to take it easy on the Vikes

I hope the Giants tear the Vikings new, new butthole.

Monomach
12-23-2008, 01:44 AM
We really need someone who can catch a football. I'm so sick of passes bouncing off of hands, chests, and facemasks. What a load of ****.

Also: everyone who says Hester looks like a #1 receiver and is worth the contract he got is doing a really good job of blinding themselves. The guy can't catch a ball unless he's open and the ball speed + placement are perfect. He has a higher average annual salary than Anquan Boldin, but can't get a grip on a ball that hits him between the eyes? If he doesn't arrive by the end of next season, he's got to be renegotiated or cut.

We desperately need a possession guy.