PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

sweetness34
04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
That throw Matt Ryan made against the Bears to put the Falcons into position to kick the last second field goal was incredible. I think he and Cutler are the two best young QBs in the league. 2005-2008 drafts.

Jerry might be doing it again:

Why not continue the aggressive trend? You already got Cutler so why not try and trade up? I think it's a great idea if one of those WR's (Nicks, Britt, Harvin, etc) fall to the 2nd Round.

We have picks to maneuver with and it would be nice to see us trade up in the draft for someone as opposed to trading down like we usually do.

I get the feeling that it could be one wacky draft weekend for us, I see Angelo being very aggressive in trades. You know we aren't going into camp with Bennett, Hester, and Davis as our only 3 WR's and you'd like to think Angelo is eying one of those bubble first round WR's, I hope we don't wait to grab someone with mid-round value.

BeerBaron
04-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Why not continue the aggressive trend? You already got Cutler so why not try and trade up? I think it's a great idea if one of those WR's (Nicks, Britt, Harvin, etc) fall to the 2nd Round.

We have picks to maneuver with and it would be nice to see us trade up in the draft for someone as opposed to trading down like we usually do.

I get the feeling that it could be one wacky draft weekend for us, I see Angelo being very aggressive in trades. You know we aren't going into camp with Bennett, Hester, and Davis as our only 3 WR's and you'd like to think Angelo is eying one of those bubble first round WR's, I hope we don't wait to grab someone with mid-round value.

....or Derrick ******* Williams. God I'd hate that...

Smokey Joe
04-05-2009, 06:47 PM
okay, we get it, you don't like Derrick Williams...

regoob2
04-06-2009, 12:41 AM
That's pretty much what I was talking about the other day. If Nicks or Britt are there around 34-37, it's a no brainer to trade up. But if we can't trade up/their not there at 49, why not trade down and pick up an extra mid round pick. Basically throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.Britt yes. I would not trade up for Nicks.

BeerBaron
04-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Britt yes. I would not trade up for Nicks.

I would. Is he still not amongst that "top tier" of receivers just ahead of Robiskie?

Crabs - Maclin - DHB - Harvin - Britt - Nicks - Robiskie....

....then a big drop off. Barden is likely the next in line and that could push him up boards a bit.

Gay Ork Wang
04-06-2009, 05:43 AM
its kinda weird, our WR corps has 2 converted CBs and 1 guy that has never caught a pass

IBleedNavyandOrange
04-06-2009, 07:26 AM
The biggest bonus I see in the Cutler trade is that for two years running, we won't have to worry about JA drafting a First Round Bust.

I'm crossing my fingers for Holt, and hoping that the secondary holds up this year... because I don't see any great finds coming in rounds 3-7 of the draft.

Gay Ork Wang
04-06-2009, 07:29 AM
I really doubt we sign Holt, which is a pity cause it seems like Hester really likes him and he said that he could learn alot from holt

regoob2
04-06-2009, 08:49 AM
I would. Is he still not amongst that "top tier" of receivers just ahead of Robiskie?

Crabs - Maclin - DHB - Harvin - Britt - Nicks - Robiskie....

....then a big drop off. Barden is likely the next in line and that could push him up boards a bit.
Just because he's considered in that tier doesnt mean Id trade up for every guy in that tier. Id trade up for Britt and Robo. Not Nicks. Crabs, Maclin, DHB and likely Harvin we dont have enough to trade up to get and are all 1st rounders. Britt is a fringe first rounder. If Britt falls or is Robo is there and all we have to give up is a 4th I'd do it. I think Nicks could fall to #49 and if he doesnt oh well. They'll be 2-3 Nicks type players next draft.

bearsfan_51
04-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm generally against trading up, although if they feel like Earl Bennett will never be more than a slot guy it may be necessary.

I just don't think the difference between Nicks, Robsikie, and Juaquin Iglesias is all that much. It wouldn't surprise me to see Nicks fall to #49 really.

MidwayMonster31
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Unless one of those guys falls, I would rather trade down. We might have to wait until next year to get our top receiver. BTW 51, is Eric Decker #1 receiver stuff next year?

blkwdw13
04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't trade up either unless for some reason the receivers start dropping a lot like last season then it might be worth it.

awfullyquiet
04-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for Holt, and hoping that the secondary holds up this year... because I don't see any great finds coming in rounds 3-7 of the draft.

except defensively. which is a thank the effin lord.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Just saw this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/151824-cutler-reaches-out-to-burress

Zaidman saw Burress at the Final Four in Detroit. The former New York Giants Wide Receiver was there to support Michigan State, his alma mater. According to Zaidman, Cutler sent Burress a text message saying they could use him in Chicago.

1) I don't see this happening, but love Burress on the field and loathe him off the field.

2) If this is true this is a great sign. I've said on this board before I never saw a big time receiver coming to Chicago as a free agent with Orton at QB. Your QB is your best recruiter and this is great news. Cutler is reaching out to receivers. Maybe not this year, but a year, two years, maybe even three years from now some really good free agent WR is going to end up coming here, because we now have Cutler.

regoob2
04-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Just saw this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/151824-cutler-reaches-out-to-burress

1) I don't see this happening, but love Burres on the field and loathe him off the field.

2) If this is true this is a great sign. I've said on this board before I never saw a big time receiver coming to Chicago as a free agent with Orton at QB. Your QB is your best recruiter and this is great news. Cutler is reaching out to receivers. Maybe not this year, but a year, two years, maybe even three years from now some really good free agent WR is going to end up coming here, because we now have Cutler.
I dont like that Cutler did that if its true. He hasnt even practiced with these guys yeat and he's already wants new WRs. Maybe im looking to much into it but I dont like it.

dabears10
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I dont like that Cutler did that if its true. He hasnt even practiced with these guys yeat and he's already wants new WRs. Maybe im looking to much into it but I dont like it.

Wanting a top5-10 receiver is not a bad thing.

regoob2
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Wanting a top5-10 receiver is not a bad thing.He shouldnt being saying these things already. Give it a full week of being on the team before asking for new players.

dabears10
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
He shouldnt being saying these things already. Give it a full week of being on the team before asking for new players.

He didn't tell anybody. He texted Burress. He didn't tell the press, he didn't tell the team, it was a personal text, saying simply I'd love to play with you.

bearsfan_51
04-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Unless one of those guys falls, I would rather trade down. We might have to wait until next year to get our top receiver. BTW 51, is Eric Decker #1 receiver stuff next year?
I have a hard time beleiving that Decker will run a sub 4.5 forty. Becuase of that I have a hard time seeing him as anything more than a late 2nd-3rd round guy right now.

bearsfan_51
04-07-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't think you'd have to play with these receivers to know they aren't very good.

SINCE1978
04-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Congratulations Chicago on getting Cutler ... I went from liking him and hoping he would jump ship to the Lion's to hating him now hoping he throws 40 INT's now that he is in the division with you chumps!
I guess we go with Stafford?? Not my pick but it appears our divisional QB's just got younger and more competitive.

BeerBaron
04-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Congratulations Chicago on getting Cutler ... I went from liking him and hoping he would jump ship to the Lion's to hating him now hoping he throws 40 INT's now that he is in the division with you chumps!
I guess we go with Stafford?? Not my pick but it appears our divisional QB's just got younger and more competitive.

Cutler is only a year younger than Orton....so we didn't get that much younger.

bearsfan_51
04-07-2009, 05:44 PM

There aren't any words which properly express how little I care who the Lions pick, so here's an image.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/2465108632_6c70a313b5.jpg

Smokey Joe
04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
2010 is a pretty good WR FA Market:

Braylon Edwards
Vincent Jackson
Greg Jennings
Brandon Marshall
Roddy White

However, the only two who probably have a shot of hitting the market is Edwards and Marshall, and if Edwards is traded, he'll be signed to an extension for sure.

sweetness34
04-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Brandon Marshall and Cutler in Chicago? I like the possibility.

Cerni88
04-07-2009, 11:07 PM
stealing Greg Jennings from the packers? even better

princefielder28
04-07-2009, 11:09 PM

he's not going anywhere....sorry

Geo
04-07-2009, 11:10 PM
First and foremost, you better hope there is a new CBA agreed to by next offseason, otherwise all those players will be RFAs instead of UFAs in the uncapped year 2010.

Plus I wouldn't bother with listing Jennings and White, they won't be leaving their teams.

You can add Chris Chambers though.

GB12
04-07-2009, 11:16 PM
First and foremost, you better hope there is a new CBA agreed to by next offseason, otherwise all those players will be RFAs instead of UFAs in the uncapped year 2010.

Plus I wouldn't bother with listing Jennings and White, they won't be leaving their teams.

Those two will be signed to long term deals before they hit the market. I'm sure the Chargers will get something done with Jackson. Marshall would be franchised rather than be let go for nothing. Probably Edwards too if he isn't moved before then.

Sorry to rain on your parade guys, but as a Packer fans that's kind of my job.

ChezPower4
04-07-2009, 11:19 PM

Not going to happen

Cerni88
04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Ya, i know Jennings said he wants to stay a packer for career and the packers wouldnt let him walk for nothing. Don't have to tell me twice. But I honestly believe we wont be looking to sign a vet after this season.

GB12
04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
I can't figure out why you haven't signed Torry Holt. Yeah he's declining, but he's still a big upgrade over what you currently have.

BeerBaron
04-07-2009, 11:33 PM

I don't think they'd make it to the market even if they were UFA's.

Plus I don't think we get to the uncapped year.....the NFL right now is an incredible and wildly successful thing, and allowing such a major change to happen would be like killing the goose which lays golden eggs.

Plus, i don't think most players realize that RFA thing. So many who are in the final year of their contract are probably chomping at the bit to hit the uncapped market, but they won't be FA's since it takes 6 years to become an UFA instead of 4 as it is now.

ChezPower4
04-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Plax is available too ;)

Cerni88
04-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Plax is available too ;)

haha, dont go there. Angelo hasnt forget he shot himself in the leg.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Orlando Pace press conference:

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=1407&play_clip=Y

about 6 minutes long..

I am excited about him. Maybe I am thinking too much of the old player that he was, but he's going to have a chip on his shoulder and was a good player last year. Hopefully he has the Ruben Brown impact and rejuvenates his career.

edit - another video of Cutler's first day as a Bear.

link : http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=1407&play_clip=Y

Monomach
04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Orlando Pace is trying to recruit Torry Holt: http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/04/orlando-pace-lobbies-for-former-teammate-torry-holt-to-join-chicago-bears.html

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
its in his press conference

ChezPower4
04-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Orlando Pace is trying to recruit Torry Holt: http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/04/orlando-pace-lobbies-for-former-teammate-torry-holt-to-join-chicago-bears.html

That would be a great pick up for you guys if you could get him.

MidwayMonster31
04-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Maybe it could happen. If Holt liked Tennessee so much, he should have already signed there by now, we'll see.

BeerBaron
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Maybe it could happen. If Holt liked Tennessee so much, he should have already signed there by now, we'll see.

He also visited Jacksonville who, along with the Raiders, might be the only other worse off team at WR than we are.

What's probably happening is that he's just not getting offers he loves. He would make a good sure handed veteran for us though....

Smokey Joe
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Apparently Holt is waiting for offers from Chicago and New York (Giants) before making his decision. He's already had offers from Tennessee and Jacksonville.

With the Lovie and Pace connection, as well having arguably the best QB of all 4 teams, I think we are now a legit option for Holt. I'd love to get him. He's certainly not a long term answer, but he can be a solid stop gap while Hester develops learning from Holt, and we hopefully find our no. 1 within the next 2 years (whether it be a UFA next year or a draft pick this or next year).

sweetness34
04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
He'd be an upgrade over anything we have right now, I'd make the offer...It's worth the risk at this point as he is proven in the league and would give us an immediate impact, even if it its not a very big one.

SFbear
04-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Schedule details leaked

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/04/bears_to_open_home_schedule_vs.html

bearsfan_51
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Bah. I hate the early bye-week. It's so unecessary.

BeerBaron
04-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Bah. I hate the early bye-week. It's so unecessary.

If we start out slow it can be a blessing......but then we have no recovery week should we get some injuries later in the season. It's got pros and cons no matter when you have it.

Cerni88
04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not fan of early bye week either. Woulda been nice to have all 3 division opponents before the bye. I like how our last meetings against the vikes and packs are at home. Lions, well I hope we can sweep them again.

Smokey Joe
04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
If we start out slow it can be a blessing......but then we have no recovery week should we get some injuries later in the season. It's got pros and cons no matter when you have it.
Another pro, at least for the fans, is to get that damn bye week out of the way. We all know it's good for the players and coaches, but for fans, that is the longest 2 weeks of the year.

SFbear
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm completely satisfied with the Cutler trade but with Boldin officially on the market for what is rumored to be a 1st and a 3rd Ive been contemplating what would have been a more desirable move.

Cutler + 5th vs. Boldin + keep Orton and 1st next year

Orton would eventually have to be upgraded unless he played lights out this year but receiver would be addressed and we could probably get better value at the 2nd pick with a defensive player than reaching for a pass catcher. Would also probably have had to give Boldin a new contract which could have cost us the Pace signing.

In the end I think the Boldin move would have been a better win now move while the Cutler trade seems like a better long term investment.

bearsfan_51
04-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Solving the quarterback situation is the best possible move they could have made.

Smokey Joe
04-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Easily, the Cutler move was the right one...

but I'd be more than willing to trade the rest of our draft this year and next year for Boldin.

BeerBaron
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
The potential franchise quarterback is always the best way to go. Had we missed out on him though, I'd have gladly give a 1st and 3rd this year for Boldin. He would have been 10x better right off the bat than any receiver we could have taken at 18.

shady00
04-16-2009, 04:23 AM
Bears QB Drills (Cutler, Hanie, Baz) (http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/multimediapopup.asp?mm_file_id=1412&play_clip=Y&rn=15)
orgasms

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Bears QB Drills (Cutler, Hanie, Baz) (http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/multimediapopup.asp?mm_file_id=1412&play_clip=Y&rn=15)
orgasms

Although, any sight of Cutler in Bears gear throwing a football should be orgasmic, I feel blue balled in the worst possible way.

shady00
04-17-2009, 12:00 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/viktorzd/url.jpg
Just saw this recently posted by one of my friends on facebook whos in the bahamas

Looks like he's really preparing for the season...:(

BeerBaron
04-17-2009, 12:05 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/viktorzd/url.jpg
Just saw this recently posted by one of my friends on facebook whose in the bahamas

Looks like he's really preparing for the season...:(

Ehhhhhh, let him have his fun. He could roll out of bed hungover on a Sunday morning, down a few cheeseburgers, and still play better than a lot of guys...

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Can we get a better look at those tits?

Oh, and lets see if the faces are busted.

shady00
04-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Can we get a better look at those tits?

Here you go
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/viktorzd/andre-smith.jpg

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Here you go
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/viktorzd/andre-smith.jpg

http://blog.internetnews.com/apatrizio/do-not-want-dog.jpg

Geo
04-17-2009, 11:08 PM
He's going to do jail time.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-17-2009, 11:12 PM
He's going to do jail time.

How much time is he looking at? I know he's not accepted some plea agreements, but I doubt he will do much time. I haven't been following the story, though.

Gay Ork Wang
04-18-2009, 04:54 PM
My Signature is awesome!
JAY WHO?

Smokey Joe
04-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Mine is still better.... Nothing can top lord Cutler.

Gay Ork Wang
04-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Its Caleb Hanie. JAY WHO? CALEB HANIE IN THE HIZZER

bearsfan_51
04-18-2009, 05:35 PM
"That's why we American football?" What the **** does that mean?

bearsfan_51
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Mine is still better.... Nothing can top lord Cutler.
Cutler is great but that sig looks like it was made by a ******** monkey.

bearfan
04-18-2009, 05:37 PM
D.Rose sig for a while. Yeah. What.

MidwayMonster31
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Bearfan wins. Especially if Rose keeps playing like he did today.
Meanwhile, it looks like Holt is going to be in Jacksonville. It was a low-risk gamble.
http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/11793/20090418/sources_jaguars_nearing_deal_with_holt/

awfullyquiet
04-20-2009, 10:33 AM
orgasms

The more i watch cutler, the more i'm impressed, from his release, footwork... makes me happy. Physically he's there, mentally we still have to see. Baz didn't look terrible in that drill either.

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Gay Ork Wang
04-20-2009, 10:39 AM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32158

BeerBaron
04-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Made these just for you Renji:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/WeAmericanFootball.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/WeAmericanFootball2.jpg

Smokey Joe
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
JA and Bears have confirmed interest in Boldin: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-090425-david-haugh-jerry-angelo,0,38168.column

I doubt anything will happen regarding a trade for Boldin... However, I would gladly give up a 2nd and 3rd next year for him.

BeerBaron
04-26-2009, 01:56 AM
JA and Bears have confirmed interest in Boldin: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-090425-david-haugh-jerry-angelo,0,38168.column

I doubt anything will happen regarding a trade for Boldin... However, I would gladly give up a 2nd and 3rd next year for him.

I would also give pretty much anything for him.....I think we'd be immediate contenders then. Cutler, plus the quick fixes to the o-line, plus Boldin-Hester-Bennett-Olsen-Clark-Forte.....

Not bad, not bad at all. Our offense might become our true strength for the first time.....in my lifetime anyway....

Smokey Joe
04-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Apparently throughout the 2nd round, we were in trade discussions with Arizona about Anquan, but we couldn't reach a deal. This is according the Mike Lombardi on NFL Total Access tonight.

I'm hoping if Q sits out of OTA's and can't come to an agreement to a contract, that we can still pull this off using next years picks. Unlikely, but would be awesome if we could pull that off.

BeerBaron
04-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Apparently throughout the 2nd round, we were in trade discussions with Arizona about Anquan, but we couldn't reach a deal. This is according the Mike Lombardi on NFL Total Access tonight.

I'm hoping if Q sits out of OTA's and can't come to an agreement to a contract, that we can still pull this off using next years picks. Unlikely, but would be awesome if we could pull that off.

That'd be sweet. I'd mortgage most of next year to make that happen.

Smokey Joe
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
If a trade were to happen, I'd assume it'd involve next years 2nd and probably another pick, as well as maybe some players from the current roster. Who could be used as trade bait? Vasher comes to mind right away.

BeerBaron
04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Eh...I learned in doing the forum mock that nobody wants Vasher because they don't think he'll fit any other system.

Maybe real teams think differently, but he seems tough to move.

thecoolest
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Plus, the Cardinals have a good secondary and have starters in place, so I doubt they would want to take on Vasher's contract.

I always thought Mark Anderson could do some damage in that 3-4 hybrid that Arizona runs, but that's just me.

MidwayMonster31
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
I doubt that our cornerbacks will be traded anytime soon. Vasher has been limited by injuries and he may not fit other schemes. Tillman has had lingering shoulder injuries and is getting older. The only defensive players that I see other teams interested in are Briggs and maybe Harrison. There's no reason for the Bears to trade either one of those guys.

bearsfan_51
04-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Mark Anderson's 40 was pretty slow from what I remember. Can't see him standing up.

And nobody is giving up anything for Vasher. He hasn't played well in years and his contract is too high.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Mark Anderson's 40 was pretty slow from what I remember. Can't see him standing up.

And nobody is giving up anything for Vasher. He hasn't played well in years and his contract is too high.

I bet they'd be interested in a player like Marcus Harrison, right? Young good DL on a rookie 3rd rd contract.

Get it done Jerry!

VoteLynnSwan
04-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Anderson's 40 was actually faster than expected, and he had an insane vertical jump. He wasn't supposed to run fast, but he did.

bearsfan_51
04-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Ok thanks, too lazy to look it up. Wonder why he dropped to the 5th then.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-26-2009, 10:46 PM

His game tape was really underwhelming wasn't it?

I remember after Anderson was racking up a bunch of sacks his rookie year Lovie was quoted as saying something like: "It's obvious Anderson wasn't giving full effort for Alabama."

With his solid senior season, and a good showing at the combine, Anderson is on the rise. Teams are always looking for pass rushers, and after posting a 4.62 40 and a 42" vertical jump at the combine, teams feel he has a lot of upside. Anderson has a chance to hear his name called in the second round, but will not last long into the third if he falls there.

VoteLynnSwan
04-26-2009, 11:56 PM

i only remember because me and Hurricane Ditka did a forum mock that year and we took Anderson in the 2nd round after his combine performance. Scott's biggest negative on him was that he didn't have elite timed speed and wasn't a great athlete.

Gay Ork Wang
04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
vV3g2Z-0ExA

See that block?

I present you: Derek Kinder

DaBear89
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
0uEh8JoB7oQ

UDFA FB we just signed...i like him. if he could just make more drive blocks rather than cut blocks he would be great for forte

Gay Ork Wang
04-27-2009, 03:02 PM
way too many cut blocks

BeerBaron
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I've heard of him. I remember reading of some teams who were interested in him including the Steelers.

Should have a good chance of beating out McKie....he's nothing special. Though I think our staff is way too loyal to some of our bottom of the roster guys. Try and convince me that Rashied Davis would make any other NFL roster...

BeerBaron
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Posted this in the main UDFA thread, I'll repost it here:

More for the Bears: (some may already have been posted)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/27/bears-sign-undrafted-rookie-class/

LB Kevin Malast, Rutgers
LB Mike Rivera, Kansas
OG Johan Asiata, UNLV
OG Dennis Conley, Hampton
S Dahna Deleston, UConn
RB Tyrell Fenroy, UL Lafayette
FB Will Ta’ufo’ou, Cal
CB Woodny Turenne, Louisville

MidwayMonster31
04-27-2009, 04:40 PM
There are a limited amount of special teams players so one of those guys could catch on. I wonder if they could convert any of those linebackers into good fullbacks. There have been a few players that have done that. Rivera has the size, athletic ability and hands to make a good fullback.

bearsfan_51
04-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I've heard of him. I remember reading of some teams who were interested in him including the Steelers.

Should have a good chance of beating out McKie....he's nothing special. Though I think our staff is way too loyal to some of our bottom of the roster guys. Try and convince me that Rashied Davis would make any other NFL roster...
He's an average slot guy and can play special teams. He'd probably make at least another 7-8 rosters in the NFL.

I'm sure a lot of people thought the same thing about Bobby Wade, Justin Gage, Mark Bradley, etc. Guys catch on elsewhere. The idea that an UDFA is the favorite to beat out an established veteran is kinda silly.

BeerBaron
04-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Those guys were at least drafted to play receiver, and it was their natural position.

bearsfan_51
04-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Those guys were at least drafted to play receiver, and it was their natural position.
Actually I was talking about McKie, but we could go either way.

I could see Davis getting cut, much more so than McKie. But it's not a likelyhood.

shady00
04-27-2009, 08:19 PM
ReGoob2, as a result of our bet that Hakeem Nicks would be a first-round selection, I choose the following avatar to be used until june, just as I would have used any avatar given to myself.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/viktorzd/master-1.gif

good bet, I respect your competition

regoob2
04-28-2009, 01:15 AM
ReGoob2, as a result of our bet that Hakeem Nicks would be a first-round selection, I choose the following avatar to be used until june, just as I would have used any avatar given to myself.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/viktorzd/master-1.gif

good bet, I respect your competitionIm still calling bull ****. He was not a 1st round caliber player. Damn weak draft!!!!!

ChiFan24
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM

I'm no Rashied Davis fan, but you can do a whole lot worse for the #53 spot than a guy who does a great job as a ST gunner, can be a competent slot guy at times, has some return ability, and can also play defensive back in a pinch. I'd say he makes about half of the rosters in the league.

Now, if you want me to try to convince you he'd make another roster as a starting slot receiver after two years of proving that he can't do it, then you're out of luck.

shady00
04-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Im still calling bull ****. He was not a 1st round caliber player. Damn weak draft!!!!!
lol, I was getting scared I was gonna lose leading up to the draft because his weight fluctuation and all that, but I lucked out and the Giants took him. I can't believe Scott had him falling to us in the 2nd.

Gay Ork Wang
05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
am i the only one that is intrigued with the Melton pick? his biggest knock is his technique. if Marinelli works hard with him, could he be a 06 Mark Anderson guy?

bearsfan_51
05-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I doubt Melton even sees the field next year, and I'm a big fan of his. This is likely a 2-3 year project, which works fine since either O-Gun or Mark Anderson, or both, will be leaving next year.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I doubt Melton even sees the field next year, and I'm a big fan of his. This is likely a 2-3 year project, which works fine since either O-Gun or Mark Anderson, or both, will be leaving next year.

I just listened to the Melton interview on chicagobears.com and reporters asked him if he was going to be a short yard back, he laughed and said that it hasn't been brought up, but he would like to punch a few in.

I don't think Melton will play very much his first year, either, but O-Gun has struggled staying healthy and if Anderson plays like he did last year I hope he gets used to the bench.

Some notes from the Lovie interview:

- D.J. Moore, Johnny Knox, & Iglesias have stood out.
- Not real sure where Lance Louis will play.
- Cutler & Hester are both at the practices, watching, working out.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Three teams were interested in the Bears' 49th pick. One was offering a 2010 first-round pick straight up. The Bears were ready to do the deal. But then the player the other team wanted was taken by someone else. Deal off.

**** my life!

Smokey Joe
05-02-2009, 06:16 PM
**** my life!
Agreed. I like Gilbert, a lot, but I can live without him and Melton, for a 2010 first rounder.

shady00
05-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Agreed. I like Gilbert, a lot, but I can live without him and Melton, for a 2010 first rounder.
I would actually prefer Gilbert and Melton now rather than a first next year. That way they will already have a year of experience under their belts coming into next season. Either situation is win/win, though.

bearsfan_51
05-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Next year's draft is ******* stacked. I would have taken any 1st rounder, even the Patriots.

I love me some Cutler, but it's going to suck to miss out on the 1st round next year.

85BearFan
05-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Three teams were interested in the Bears' 49th pick. One was offering a 2010 first-round pick straight up. The Bears were ready to do the deal. But then the player the other team wanted was taken by someone else. Deal off.

**** my life!

Is there a source with that quote?

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2009, 04:27 PM

Your probably right, but being drafted in a 4-3 he is in a good spot to end up a steal, some 3-4 teams started looking at him after his crazy workout numbers but he doesn't need to do any more position changing.

A few years of good coaching I definately think he'll grow into a very solid DE...If he didn't waste those earlier years at RB he would of been alot further along as far as technique is concerned.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-03-2009, 06:36 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-03-pompei-inside-nfl-may03,0,7423124.column

sorry forgot it with original post

Smokey Joe
05-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Bust is diabolical enough to create a fake quote just start a discussion.

Geo
05-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting to know who the source was, whether or not it's worth putting stock in. In this case, I would think yes.

Plus it should have been included in the first place, but like BKL said, it slipped his mind at the time.

No big.

Smokey Joe
05-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting to know who the source was, whether or not it's worth putting stock in. In this case, I would think yes.

Plus it should have been included in the first place, but like BKL said, it slipped his mind at the time.

No big.
I was mainly joking and being sarcastic. I meant no harm when I said it.

85BearFan
05-03-2009, 07:52 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-03-pompei-inside-nfl-may03,0,7423124.column

sorry forgot it with original post
thanks man, good stuff

Yeah, I'm sure Bust is diabolical enough to create a fake quote just start a discussion.
haha, nah...I was just lazy and underestimated the power of google at first. I found it after a few tries though.

I wonder when/what teams would have given that future 1st and for who. It had to be obviously sometime after Robiskie got picked. That team wanted Barwin perhaps? Oh well, I was very high on Gilbert (thought he was worth 49, @ 68 was gravy) so I'm still very pleased with the outcome.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-04-2009, 06:44 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/possibility_of_graham_to_safet.html

It seems Corey Graham may be moving to FS. Interesting.

SS - Payne
FS - Graham
CB1 - Tillman
CB2 - Vasher
CB3 - Manning (played well @ nickel)

If Vasher returns to form.. That is not too bad. I like Graham. He's tough and is a pretty good athlete.

Our secondary will depend on the DL as usual. Marinelli needs to work his magic, big time.

Who is going to get cut? Could Steltz be out already?

jsa230
05-05-2009, 12:37 AM
thanks man, good stuff

haha, nah...I was just lazy and underestimated the power of google at first. I found it after a few tries though.

two things you should never do, be a bears fan and underestimate the power of google.

BeerBaron
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/possibility_of_graham_to_safet.html

It seems Corey Graham may be moving to FS. Interesting.

SS - Payne
FS - Graham
CB1 - Tillman
CB2 - Vasher
CB3 - Manning (played well @ nickel)

If Vasher returns to form.. That is not too bad. I like Graham. He's tough and is a pretty good athlete.

Our secondary will depend on the DL as usual. Marinelli needs to work his magic, big time.

Who is going to get cut? Could Steltz be out already?

I'd be a little upset if we cut Steltz already after the big deal we made about him after drafting him when JA said he views him as a potential starter.

It doesn't really hurt that we passed on JDB now obviously, but that was the reasoning back then as to why we went Steltz....

And I still haven't seen why he's so bad. He was a rookie last year....if every team cut every rookie who didn't play perfectly we'd have no rookies left.

awfullyquiet
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I'd be a little upset if we cut Steltz already after the big deal we made about him after drafting him when JA said he views him as a potential starter.

It doesn't really hurt that we passed on JDB now obviously, but that was the reasoning back then as to why we went Steltz....

And I still haven't seen why he's so bad. He was a rookie last year....if every team cut every rookie who didn't play perfectly we'd have no rookies left.

JA isn't that stupid. I mean, he has momentary lapses of judgment that last for a few years... but Steltz is new. He's gonna find his niche and at least be competitive in the S position. Not every rookie comes out and demolishes their first year.

BeerBaron
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
JA isn't that stupid. I mean, he has momentary lapses of judgment that last for a few years... but Steltz is new. He's gonna find his niche and at least be competitive in the S position. Not every rookie comes out and demolishes their first year.

Didn't I....sort of just say those same things basically? lol...

I don't want to see Steltz cut....4th rounders aren't quite throw away picks.

SFbear
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm not really sure what we saw in Steltz in the first place that convinced us he could be a starter. He doesn't have good range or coverage ability and plays small in the running game. I suppose he is supposed to have good instincts but I haven't seen it. I could see him contributing on ST this year but once again, where's the starter potential. It's weird too, because our Southern scout is usually spot on with DBs.

Gay Ork Wang
05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
hey, he was one of the guys that saved us from losing to the Lions, im still grateful for that

shady00
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Steltz isn't getting cut

MidwayMonster31
05-05-2009, 08:13 PM
If any of our DBs get cut, it will probably be McBride or Bowman. I do want to see Bowman succeed, he showed some promise in the one game against the Vikings. He could succeed at free safety or cornerback. The biggest problem with him is staying healthy. I doubt that Bowman will get cut this year. I can't see McBride succeeding in our scheme with his size. He did better than most 7th round picks, but I can't see him succeeding in our scheme with his size and ball skills.

awfullyquiet
05-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Didn't I....sort of just say those same things basically? lol...

I don't want to see Steltz cut....4th rounders aren't quite throw away picks.

you did.
i'm just agreeing with you, gathering consensus that, hey. not every player ends up like mark anderson who destroys for like a 16 game span and is never seen again. and thank god, because long term players in the safety are much cheaper than new prospects.

Gay Ork Wang
05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
i was wondering

Amani Toomer anyone? cause apparently we gave him a call

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810349b3/Thursday-s-Around-the-League

i like it. he could be the WR mentor veteran that this corp is lacking

BeerBaron
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
i was wondering

Amani Toomer anyone? cause apparently we gave him a call

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810349b3/Thursday-s-Around-the-League

i like it. he could be the WR mentor veteran that this corp is lacking

As long as it's a cheapie deal and he competes like anyone else would, I wouldn't mind it.

shady00
05-09-2009, 12:34 AM
I'd welcome Amani. We need to add a veteran with all our young receivers.

Smokey Joe
05-09-2009, 11:11 AM
We are close to signing TE Michael Gaines. Apparently we are looking at him as a FB. He's 6'4" 277. He's always been more of a blocking oriented player, but he can catch.

I'm guessing that Lance Louis isn't looking good at either TE or FB like we had hoped.

regoob2
05-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Would we consider taking Surrency in the supp draft? I would consider a 7th for him.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Would we consider taking Surrency in the supp draft? I would consider a 7th for him.

I'd definitely would like to see that. He's a big target with some skills.

regoob2
05-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I'd definitely would like to see that. He's a big target with some skills.
We could just put him on the IR for a season or 2 so no one snatchs him off the PS.

regoob2
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM
So what are going to be our positional battles in training camp? My guesses.

SLB: Nick Roach vs Hunter Hillenmeyer. Not sure about this one. I think Hunter will win it back.

RE: Alex Brown vs Mark Anderson. Dont see this actually being a battle.

LE: Adewale Ogunleye vs Jarron Gilbert vs Henry Melton. Ogun will likely win but I would like to see Gilbert get some reps here.

NT: Anthony Adams vs Dusty Dvoracek vs Marcus Harrison. I hope Harrison can with this battle.

#2 CB: Nathan Vasher vs Corey Graham. I think Vasher will win this if they are considering Graham at FS.

FS: Craig Steltz vs Corey Graham vs Josh Bullocks. If Graham is giving a real opportunity at FS I think he would win it but I think Steltz will be our starter here.

#2 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis. I think Earl will take this.

#3 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis vs Johnny Knox. I think Rashied Davis will be our #3 but Iglesias could beat him out sooner then later.

Smokey Joe
05-09-2009, 08:35 PM
So what are going to be our positional battles in training camp? My guesses.

SLB: Nick Roach vs Hunter Hillenmeyer. Not sure about this one. I think Hunter will win it back.
Hillenmeyer will likely be given every shot to win it (With Roach and Freeman vying for the spot). If he doesn't impress, good chance he'll be cut.

RE: Alex Brown vs Mark Anderson. Dont see this actually being a battle.

Why is this even listed? Brown's job is as close to the safest on the whole team, especially considering he was our best starter on the DLine last year.

LE: Adewale Ogunleye vs Jarron Gilbert vs Henry Melton. Ogun will likely win but I would like to see Gilbert get some reps here.

If anything, this is where Anderson would compete, but that won't be the case either. The only time Gilbert might possibly play DE in our scheme is in a goalline situation, but I doubt that. And Melton will not be expected to contribute anytime soon. Idonije will probably be the main backup for Ogunleye.

NT: Anthony Adams vs Dusty Dvoracek vs Marcus Harrison. I hope Harrison can with this battle.

I think DD is all but gone right now. Odds are we'll see a lot of Adams on 1st and 2nd down, and Harrison on 3rd and mid-long. With Gilbert to backup and give Harris breaks, Harrison can focus on NT.

#2 CB: Nathan Vasher vs Corey Graham. I think Vasher will win this if they are considering Graham at FS.

Considering he's our 2nd or 3rd best corner right now, I doubt we see a move of Graham to FS. Vasher will likely be given every shot to start, but if he sucks again, we're gonna want Graham to be prepared and not have to switch back and forth from 2 different positions.

FS: Craig Steltz vs Corey Graham vs Josh Bullocks. If Graham is giving a real opportunity at FS I think he would win it but I think Steltz will be our starter here.

I think it's mainly just Steltz and Bullocks here, and I think Bullocks will win this one easy. Bullocks, in a zone scheme again, could thrive.

#2 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis. I think Earl will take this.

#3 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis vs Johnny Knox. I think Rashied Davis will be our #3 but Iglesias could beat him out sooner then later.
I think we'll see Iglesias as the starter with Bennett in the slot. However, we could see a lot of Olsen split out as the 2nd receiver with Bennett at slot. Iglesias just makes more sense as the no. 2 as he makes a better compliment to Hester and profiles more as a Marty/Moose type. Davis will likely be the 4 or 5, and while I really like Knox, he's probably gonna need at least 2 years to develop. However, I could see Knox having a great preseason and will push for a job.

However, I think Olsen will be listed as a TE, but in all reality, he'll be the 2nd WR. Right now, I can't think of a better option. Have him as the no. 2 with Clark at TE.

regoob2
05-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Olsen wont be playing WR. He will occasionally split out wide though. I think Bennett will be our #2 move to slot for Davis/Iglesias.

MidwayMonster31
05-10-2009, 02:37 PM
I think Bennett can start at #2 and Iglesias can start off in the slot. With Iglesias' skill set right now, I think he will do well in the slot. He can find holes in the defense and he runs well after the catch. I think down the road, Knox can surprise people. Both Iglesias and Knox need to improve their strength in order to be effective receivers.
For defensive end, the starters should remain the same. It wouldn't surprise me if Anderson ends up getting cut or traded during the preseason.
I think Bullocks has the athletic ability to be a good safety, but I'm not expecting any miracles out of him. If Vasher can't cut it, at least Graham showed that he can be a good starter. Moore could also make some plays next year.

Gay Ork Wang
05-10-2009, 02:38 PM
are there any news about Kinder?

Gay Ork Wang
05-10-2009, 05:07 PM
ill cry tears of joy if we sign marshall next FA

Smokey Joe
05-10-2009, 11:03 PM
If we don't make the playoffs this year, my dream scenario would be Shanny as their new HC and he brings in Marshall.

BeerBaron
05-10-2009, 11:10 PM
If we don't make the playoffs this year, my dream scenario would be Shanny as their new HC and he brings in Marshall.

So we.....recreate the recent Bronco's teams that couldn't play defense and broke down late in the season?

Also, iirc, Marshall is one more slip on a McDonald's bag away from a year long suspension. He'll get more money somewhere else that I'd give him here with his character concerns.

Smokey Joe
05-10-2009, 11:14 PM
So we.....recreate the recent Bronco's teams that couldn't play defense and broke down late in the season?

Also, iirc, Marshall is one more slip on a McDonald's bag away from a year long suspension. He'll get more money somewhere else that I'd give him here with his character concerns.
You got Shanny with complete control over the O, and you have JA with complete control over player personal on the D. You hire some badass DC to have complete control over the D play calling wise.

I'm telling ya, we could make it work!

BeerBaron
05-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I have a feeling that if we tank to the point of firings, Lovie and JA are going to both go.

And I doubt Shanny goes to any team that doesn't give him full control. A two time superbowl champ like him is going to have suitors lining up for miles depending on some teams fair next year. (Washington? Dallas?)

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Shanahan for OC would blow my mind :o

princefielder28
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM

Having anyone not named Ron Turner as your OC should get you guys excited

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Having anyone not named Ron Turner as your OC should get you guys excited
unless its Mike Martz

BeerBaron
05-11-2009, 06:10 PM

<.00000000000000000000001% chance of that ever happening. HC or bust for him.

bored of education
05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I still haven't stomached the fact the Bears got Cutlerz. I love you guys. I will be posting in here more often, so deal with it! :D

bored of education
05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
<.00000000000000000000001% chance of that ever happening. HC or bust for him.

HC/GM or bust.

BeerBaron
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
HC/GM or bust.

True, very true. I think he might consider a position if he isn't the true GM but has final say.......for example if Washington wanted him after the season but wanted to keep Cerrato around or something. (Not sure his title is actually GM though...)

Smokey Joe
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
If we tank, JA could be gone with Lovie, but I'm not so sure. If we have a repeat of 08, than I think JA stays for sure. He's a had a great offseason for sure, now it's up to the coaches and players.

My dream scenario if this were to happen:

Shannahan with complete control over the O and shared GM responsibilities (aka he gets to pick the O players he wants, but JA has the final say if we go D or O).

We hire a solid vet to be the DC and basically have complete controll over all defensive play calling and schemes, preferably a 4-3 Blitz Heavy Scheme similar to Jimmy Johnson.

JA as the GM with final say but works with Shanny.

regoob2
05-11-2009, 10:46 PM
If we tank, JA could be gone with Lovie, but I'm not so sure. If we have a repeat of 08, than I think JA stays for sure. He's a had a great offseason for sure, now it's up to the coaches and players.

My dream scenario if this were to happen:

Shannahan with complete control over the O and shared GM responsibilities (aka he gets to pick the O players he wants, but JA has the final say if we go D or O).

We hire a solid vet to be the DC and basically have complete controll over all defensive play calling and schemes, preferably a 4-3 Blitz Heavy Scheme similar to Jimmy Johnson.

JA as the GM with final say but works with Shanny.
We dont have the LBs for a blitz happy scheme.

Smokey Joe
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
We dont have the LBs for a blitz happy scheme.
Correction, we don't have the SAM!

Briggs probably more so would fit as the MIKE and Lach would have to move out to WILL.

regoob2
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Correction, we don't have the SAM!

Briggs probably more so would fit as the MIKE and Lach would have to move out to WILL.
Briggs and Urlacher are sub par at best as blitzers.

BeerBaron
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
What was that quote used here a while back?

Something like.....Briggs was handcrafted by god as the perfect cover 2 WILL.

Yeah....not a blitzer.

sweetness34
05-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of Turner but he gets way too much blame amongst the Bear fan base. Do you know how hard it is to design an offense without having a legit QB? Granted the run game has usually been pretty good but last year we had a game manager type QB, no offensive line, and a very bad WR core. How is Turner supposed to do anything with that to work with?

I'm anxious to see how he does now that he's got a weapon in Cutler, Forte will hopefully be better, our OL is upgraded, and I think even though our WR's aren't that great they will be better as well this year.

Lets see how Turner does with some flexibility in the passing game. If he does not do well I'm on board with those who want him canned but I'm willing to give him a chance now that he has something to work with.

awfullyquiet
05-12-2009, 10:24 AM
perfect situation would be of JA and Shanny are both there. With JA with the final call.

I really like that concept, if the defense doesn't pick it up. Not saying it won't (because, i think it definitely, definitely could), but, if worse does come do worse. we go 7-9... i think Lovie is gonna be on the hot seat.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 11:05 AM
yea i think most of the Turner statements are just jokes anyways.

regoob2
05-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Our O has been able to score points. Its never pretty and not always consistent but even last season we were 15th in scoring.

Cerni88
05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
and also second in turnovers and one of the best special teams. Im not completely a Turner hater, but usually the only good drive we have is the first one of the game. I dunno who is to blame for that.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I would love to see a stat for 3 and outs. That is my biggest problem with Turner. His play calling is very predictable, IMO.

sweetness34
05-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I would love to see a stat for 3 and outs. That is my biggest problem with Turner. His play calling is very predictable, IMO.

When you have mediocre QB's it's pretty hard to be creative in your play calls.

Smokey Joe
05-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Turner's problems have been inconsistency and trying to get too cute at times. However, I don't feel like going into detail about it.

Gay Ork Wang
05-13-2009, 06:36 AM
u gotta say though, when Grossman was on like the first 5 weeks 2 years ago, the playcalling was nice.

but for the love of god stop calling FB Dives

regoob2
05-13-2009, 11:49 AM
u gotta say though, when Grossman was on like the first 5 weeks 2 years ago, the playcalling was nice.

but for the love of god stop calling FB DivesThe play calling was always fine (other than the FB dives) it was the exacuation that was sub-par.

awfullyquiet
05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
The play calling was always fine (other than the FB dives) it was the exacuation that was sub-par.

^^

I can't agree more. But, the preparation looks sloppy, the playcalling looks sloppy, even if it works.. And that you HAVE to put on the OC.

/smack /smack /smack.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
When you have mediocre QB's it's pretty hard to be creative in your play calls.

You don't have to be creative to not be predictable.

regoob2
05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
There are a lot of plays they cant call because Orton doesnt have to ability to make the throw.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-13-2009, 05:24 PM
There are a lot of plays they cant call because Orton doesnt have to ability to make the throw.

I'm not dedicating another post towards Orton ever again. So, I'm not going to argue this.

I'm just glad we don't have to worry about this anymore.

Turner has one year to prove his worth. The more I think about this coaching staff - I think it's playoffs or BUST.

Gay Ork Wang
05-15-2009, 07:40 AM
mhm the Bears Kickoff return team was still ranked 5th in the league. kinda surprised

BeerBaron
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
mhm the Bears Kickoff return team was still ranked 5th in the league. kinda surprised

Our special teams has always been a great unit. I think losing Ayanbadejo hurt us last year, clearly, but hopefully Toub will be able to find another special teams demon to open up holes in front of Hester/Manning/Knox/whoever else for next year.

SFbear
05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Holmgren is already angling for the Bears job.

It is definitely playoffs or bust for Lovie with all the coaches that will be available next year.

Holmgren, Shanny, Chin, etc..

I doubt we'd ever give any of them enough money to come here.

Cerni88
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Lovie is the highest paid coach in the league right now.

and who is chin?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-15-2009, 04:05 PM
I doubt we'd ever give any of them enough money to come here.

Lovie is getting paid quite a bit and has finished last in the division as many times as he has won the division.

2 playoff appearances, two last place finishes, and a 2nd place finish.

If he misses the playoffs again this year he'd be 2/6.

and who is chin?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/12/30/alg_bill_cowher.jpg

BeerBaron
05-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Holmgren is already angling for the Bears job.

It is definitely playoffs or bust for Lovie with all the coaches that will be available next year.

Holmgren, Shanny, Chin, etc..

I think Shanny would be the only realistic one, especially if we kept JA. I think we're about as far as possible away from being able to run a 3-4, so chin is out, and I'd rather dislike having him anyway......I think he was a bit overrated having been in Steelers territory my whole life.

Holmgren....ehhhh....I doubt he'd go to the Packers biggest rival. He has a street named after him in GB for winning them that Superbowl. Where/how has he already been "angling" for the job?

SFbear
05-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Right but correct me if Im wrong, I think you have to take into account we would have to keep paying Lovie for the last year on his contract (which like you said will be pretty high) along with paying the new coach at a pretty lucrative deal to out bid teams like the Redskins and Cowboys.

Holmgren, Shanny, and Gruden are all known to like Cutler so that could change things.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-15-2009, 04:28 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/holmgren_i_expect_cutler_to_be.html

"We played against Jay in Denver, it may have been his first start,'' Holmgren said. "He was a little wild, but he has really good ability. He can really throw it. And I didn't begin to comment on how he's developed and things like that because, but he went to the Pro Bowl. And he's a young quarterback. And I know this, those guys are hard to find. They really are.

"If you have one then you have to cultivate it and build up a trust and ride that horse all the way. And it surprised me a little bit, to be honest. I think it's a wonderful thing for the Bears. I think the Bears have always been a difficult team to play, and their defense has always been very, very strong. And they've always had some question marks over the years at quarterback, and this seems to have solved that problem.I expect it to be a very good thing for Chicago."

I'm assuming Perry knows a little more, but those quotes were from a radio appearance in Chicago.

BeerBaron
05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/holmgren_i_expect_cutler_to_be.html

I'm assuming Perry knows a little more, but those quotes were from a radio appearance in Chicago.

That doesn't look like Holmgren is angling for the job....lots of people have been pimping out Cutler's abilities. (Many detractors too of course....)

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Right but correct me if Im wrong, I think you have to take into account we would have to keep paying Lovie for the last year on his contract (which like you said will be pretty high) along with paying the new coach at a pretty lucrative deal to out bid teams like the Redskins and Cowboys.

Holmgren, Shanny, and Gruden are all known to like Cutler so that could change things.

I think Shanny would without a doubt take a pay cut to come to his hometown and reunite with Cutler. Also, Holmgren is really getting up there in age, he doesn't have a few years to take off and isn't a long term solution. That leads me to believe that it wouldn't be a big time lucrative deal.

I've never been a huge fan of Gruden.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
That doesn't look like Holmgren is angling for the job....lots of people have been pimping out Cutler's abilities. (Many detractors too of course....)

Well, I think if you put a few things together it makes sense.

- A lot of people believe Lovie is on the hot seat.
- Holgrem has recently said he wants to work again.
- He makes an appearance on a Chicago sports radio station and pimps Cutler.

One could easily interpret he's laying ground work for a possible job opening.

Holmgren would be a pretty good fit to be honest and makes quite a bit of sense.

I really wouldn't mind bringing in a guy like Holmgren or Shanny.

awfullyquiet
05-15-2009, 05:13 PM

obviously they're never content with what they have because they're full on front-office tards at times...

*cough snyder/jones*

SFbear
05-15-2009, 06:35 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/15/two-offers-were-made-for-boldin/#respond

Only other team to make an offer for Boldin was the Eagles. They offered a third and Sheldon Brown. We offered the 49th.

I read elsewhere that the Cardinals wanted a 1st, a 3rd, and a 5th from the eagles and they just laughed. They drafted Maclin so there probably out of the running.

If the Cardinals still want to unload Boldin, they'll have to dramatically reduce their asking price and I'd have to think we would be the most likely landing spot. Of course other teams may reconsider positions now that the draft is over.

I think Boldin might still be a possibility. *crosses fingers*

Cerni88
05-15-2009, 08:00 PM
I think edwards is more of a possibility at this point.

dont want to sound like its a video game, but i could see these players go if the trade was to happen. Clark (they traded winslow), Anderson, I want to put a cb, but i dont think they would be interested in Manning because his real value is at a returner and they have cribbs. And at this point Vasher prolly has little value.

BeerBaron
05-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I think edwards is more of a possibility at this point.

dont want to sound like its a video game, but i could see these players go if the trade was to happen. Clark (they traded winslow), Anderson, I want to put a cb, but i dont think they would be interested in Manning because his real value is at a returner and they have cribbs. And at this point Vasher prolly has little value.

Boldin > Edwards. I didn't understand the talk of teams like the Giants wanting Edwards when Boldin was available. Edwards has had what....one really good year and then a ton of dropsies last year.

Boldin has consistently produced and is an all around better receiver imo. Probably can be had a slightly cheaper price too.

I'd take Boldin over Edwards any damn day of the week.

Cerni88
05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
i would take edwards before boldin.

1. he would prly come cheaper, Cards asked for a 1st 3rd and 5th

2. he has great size

3. boldin has fitz. Yes that means he is the number 2. That means he hasnt faced the top CB in years.

4. Boldin is great underneath and excels when matched up against a linebacker.

5. Boldin whines, but he plays hard

Gay Ork Wang
05-16-2009, 02:02 PM
i would take edwards before boldin.

1. he would prly come cheaper, Cards asked for a 1st 3rd and 5th

2. he has great size

3. boldin has fitz. Yes that means he is the number 2. That means he hasnt faced the top CB in years.

4. Boldin is great underneath and excels when matched up against a linebacker.

5. Boldin whines, but he plays hard
u do know that those WRs are rotating?

Cerni88
05-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Im not trying to down play boldin, hes been to the pro bowl for a reason, but I bet if u crunched the numbers most of his receptions arent from number 1 CB's

BeerBaron
05-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I'd still take Boldin over Edwards and it's not even a question.

I don't think I'd even bother trading for Edwards unless he come crazily cheap.

sweetness34
05-17-2009, 08:57 AM

And I understand that, but it's hard to be versatile when your QB can't go down the field consistently.

jsa230
05-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Boldin > Edwards. I didn't understand the talk of teams like the Giants wanting Edwards when Boldin was available. Edwards has had what....one really good year and then a ton of dropsies last year.

Boldin has consistently produced and is an all around better receiver imo. Probably can be had a slightly cheaper price too.

I'd take Boldin over Edwards any damn day of the week.

Boldin is way better than Braylon without a doubt but Edwards would probably make the best it in the Giants offense. If they are wanting someone to replace plax and have that same kind of impact then they would prbably take Braylon. I doubt they would want another underneath guy like Boldin when they already have Hixon/Moss/Smith. Not to mention you could probably get Edwards for ALOT cheaper(pbly a 2nd+a 4th) and deservedly so. Don't take this the wrong way, Boldin>Edwards, but for the price and the talent the G-men have at reciever i would take Braylon.

Geo
05-17-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree with you, BB. Not a big fan of Edwards, a quarterback needs a wide receiver he can trust. Although if Edwards could get over his constant drops, he could be pretty darn good.

Boldin's been a bit banged up the last few seasons though, or at least it seems that way.

shady00
05-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree with you, BB. Not a big fan of Edwards, a quarterback needs a wide receiver he can trust.

Look at the receivers on our roster.

If we can get Braylon, we should get him.

Geo
05-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Rashied Davis needs to go. As much as I like Angelo, I dislike his keeping Davis, even if he is proud of himself for plucking Davis out of Arena ball. Dude cannot catch the ball well enough.

Thankfully now that Earl the Pearl is finally getting his shot, maybe he slides into the slot in a 3-wide package.

Smokey Joe
05-17-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm perfectly content with Davis in a no. 4 or 5 receiver role. He's a good special teams player, and while he does have his drop troubles, he's still a decent receiver and good route runner. He's a tough, give it his all type of player as well.

As long as I don't see him on the field for more than a few offensives snaps once in a while, I got no problem with him being on the roster.

Smokey Joe
05-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I agree with you, BB. Not a big fan of Edwards, a quarterback needs a wide receiver he can trust. Although if Edwards could get over his constant drops, he could be pretty darn good.

Boldin's been a bit banged up the last few seasons though, or at least it seems that way.
I'm telling ya, if Marshall stays out of trouble this year, there's a good chance we could see him in Chicago. Anyone who watched Bronco games know how good of a connection Marshall and Cutler had, and why would you not try and reunite that in Chicago? However, he is a big ? to stay out of trouble.

Also, odds of that happening increase if we miss the playoffs, Lovie gets canned, and Shanny becomes our new HC.

As for Boldin, I love him, but he's going to be on the wrong side of 30 soon and his body has taken quite the beating, and now he wants a new big deal. I remember I was all for trying to get Boldin before, but I think his health risks are too great of a concern to give up too much for him. As for Edwards, if he can get his drops under control, he's got as much potential as any receiver in this league.

BeerBaron
05-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Anyone who hasn't already should go vote for the NFC North in the NFL main section poll...it's the division all-star team championship game and I truly think the NFC North team is better than the AFC North which features a weaker offense imo and an aging portion of the defense, as well as weaker corners.

Cerni88
05-19-2009, 04:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=4179090

Turner talks

pellepelle_10
05-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Comparing Anquan versus Braylon is truly laughable. The guy has always been a clear stud in the league. I think both Boldin and Fitz create matchup problems for each other. I don't think it is swayed both ways. If Boldin could stay healthy for a full season we'd see him doing much more than we've already seen. He could easily go to another team and make it to the Pro-Bowl. Braylon is good but not great. Lets not forget he had Kellen Winslow so what does this say about him?

BeerBaron
05-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Per PFT we're going to bring in Pisa for a visit, likely as more competition for Hunter and Roach at SAM. Probably would backup the WILL spot too should something happen to Briggs.....

pellepelle_10
05-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Per PFT we're going to bring in Pisa for a visit, likely as more competition for Hunter and Roach at SAM. Probably would backup the WILL spot too should something happen to Briggs.....

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...on_pisa_t.html

Here's a little extra on that. I'm all for this personally. I'm hoping they can convert Freeman to a SAM but Pisa will not be a bad addition given our mediocre performance from the SAM position.

regoob2
05-20-2009, 01:04 AM

Here's a little extra on that. I'm all for this personally. I'm hoping they can convert Freeman to a SAM but Pisa will not be a bad addition given our mediocre performance from the SAM position.
Links bad.

Smokey Joe
05-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Pisa is a good fit at MIKE for us. He'll likely be Lach's backup and a special teamer, if we bring him in.

SFbear
05-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Pisa is a good fit at MIKE for us. He'll likely be Lach's backup and a special teamer, if we bring him in.

With the amount of interest he's generating, he'll probably be looking for somewhere he can start. I read that his best years were when he was playing SLB for Lovie and Babich so Id have to assume if we signed him he'd probably be handed the SLB spot. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be the Archuletta experiment all over again.

regoob2
05-20-2009, 02:12 PM
With the amount of interest he's generating, he'll probably be looking for somewhere he can start. I read that his best years were when he was playing SLB for Lovie and Babich so Id have to assume if we signed him he'd probably be handed the SLB spot. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be the Archuletta experiment all over again.I didnt even think about at the Lovie connection. If he has been successful in the tampa 2 in the past as SLB I think we definitely go after him. We have the cap room to do it.

Race for the Heisman
05-20-2009, 04:26 PM

Just going to add this: Freeman was better in college as a WILL and I don't see him becoming a great SAM in the NFL. He might become a great WILL, maybe even a MIKE in our system, but I don't see him as a SAM.

Geo
05-20-2009, 05:05 PM
I didnt even think about at the Lovie connection. If he has been successful in the tampa 2 in the past as SLB I think we definitely go after him. We have the cap room to do it.
They spent only one year together, 2003. But in that year, Tinoisamoa had the most interceptions (3) in any single season of his career to this point (http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/profile?id=TIN225467). So there is that.

BeerBaron
05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1584168,corey-graham-bears-safety-052109.article

Whelp, Graham is now a FS. Sounds permanent too.

Gay Ork Wang
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
wasnt he like the 2nd best CB last year? i dont quite understand

also apparently we interviewed Rob Hood

Smokey Joe
05-21-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1584168,corey-graham-bears-safety-052109.article

Yeah, I don't get this. If Vasher blows again, we have to replace him with either a rookie in Moore, or a mediocre backup in McBride. Graham should have definitely stayed at CB and be the main backup at both CB spots.

Gay Ork Wang
05-21-2009, 10:53 AM
i dont think McBride is mediocre but definitely not someone id trust 100%

regoob2
05-21-2009, 12:43 PM

I think this is a great move. He played some FS in college. He's a willing hitter and tackler. Will have great speed for a FS.

regoob2
05-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I don't get this. If Vasher blows again, we have to replace him with either a rookie in Moore, or a mediocre backup in McBride. Graham should have definitely stayed at CB and be the main backup at both CB spots.
Id prefer our best players start rather than play backup. He could always move back to CB if something happens.

MidwayMonster31
05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I like Graham at FS. As long as he can cover the deep zones, we should be alright. If anything happens to Vasher, Moore should be able to step in. I think Bowman can have a niche on the team, as long as he can stay healthy, even though that's a pretty big 'if'.

pellepelle_10
05-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Let me know if these work.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/strong-side_competition_pisa_t.html

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1582194,CST-SPT-bsep20.article

Smokey Joe
05-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Apparently Pisa had a really good meeting with the Bears staff and the Patriots are likely out of the hunt. It's looking really good for us.

Also, Matt Jones won't be suspended this year. I wouldn't mind signing him if we can work in something where he has to pass a drug test every week.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Apparently Pisa had a really good meeting with the Bears staff and the Patriots are likely out of the hunt. It's looking really good for us.

Also, Matt Jones won't be suspended this year. I wouldn't mind signing him if we can work in something where he has to pass a drug test every week.

Interesting note about Jones. He's been pretty much a bust up until this point, but I wonder if Cutler could make him work here in Chicago.

One thing that jumped out to me about Jones is he moves the chains. If I am looking at this right he caught 47 passes for first downs. That is a pretty nice number, especially in that Jacksonville offense which wasn't pretty to watch.

If Angelo can look past him being clearly a dope head he is a decent fit, IMO. I am a bit worried about the red zone offense. I understand that Forte & Olsen can create mismatches while in the redzone, but a 6'6" target at receiver could really help out down there.

It could work out, IMO. His skill set fits, but the guy is an idiot clearly.

Also, could he be looked at as a possible wildcat guy?

I was not a huge Jones guy coming out of the draft, but he is gifted and could fit well.. I'm curious to hear what others have to say about this one.

BeerBaron
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Eh. If he signs a one year vet minimum prove it deal and maybe beats out Rashied then fine.

Smokey Joe
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Eh. If he signs a one year vet minimum prove it deal and maybe beats out Rashied then fine.
Like I said, mandatory drug tests every week. He fails one, boom, he's gone.

regoob2
05-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Interesting note about Jones. He's been pretty much a bust up until this point, but I wonder if Cutler could make him work here in Chicago.

One thing that jumped out to me about Jones is he moves the chains. If I am looking at this right he caught 47 passes for first downs. That is a pretty nice number, especially in that Jacksonville offense which wasn't pretty to watch.

If Angelo can look past him being clearly a dope head he is a decent fit, IMO. I am a bit worried about the red zone offense. I understand that Forte & Olsen can create mismatches while in the redzone, but a 6'6" target at receiver could really help out down there.

It could work out, IMO. His skill set fits, but the guy is an idiot clearly.

Also, could he be looked at as a possible wildcat guy?

I was not a huge Jones guy coming out of the draft, but he is gifted and could fit well.. I'm curious to hear what others have to say about this one.
I wouldnt call Jones a bust since he was the #1 WR in Jacksonville. Not bad for an ex-QB. He's entering his prime.

Bearsfan123
05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
i like him as a receiver but his idiocy leads me to believe that Angelo wont touch him.

Smokey Joe
05-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Busy day today. Pisa is signed, we extended Idonije through 2011, and we have 7 of our 9 draft picks signed (only Gilbert and Iglesias remain unsigned).

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/bears_agree_to_terms_with_pisa.html

This has been a f'n great offseason by JA. Even if miss the playoffs, I think JA will be safe because of how good of an offseason this has been.

regoob2
05-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I like the Pisa signing.

pellepelle_10
05-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Finally...someone to unseat HH. I hope Pisa shines with flying colors. I love this signing and I think Pisa could do very well here in Chicago. Depth at LB was greatly needed and now Freeman and Pisa can add to the mix. Now if we can solidify some Safeties who are worth a damn.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I cannot wait for the season to start..

I think a lot of this season will come down to the play of Orlando Pace.. If we can get a motivated Pace to get physical in the run game while getting his pass protection from last year.. Man things are going to look pretty.

LT - Pace
LG - Omiyale
C - Kreutz
RG - Garza
RT - Williams

I still can't get over the fact our OL is going to look like that next year.. That is beautiful work by JA.

I don't even think if Pace has to sit a few games it would hurt all that much with the depth and versatility we have now.

I am also kind of excited about Kevin Jones.. Last year he clearly wasn't 100%. But, now that he is fully rehabbed and 100% he should produce plenty behind Forte.

sweetness34
05-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't know if anyone heard but the reports from Bears workouts were that Urlacher was conditioning wise one of the best looking players out there.

I think he may be a little pissed off at being called out for his play this past season. ;)

sweetness34
05-30-2009, 07:36 PM
It's from David Haugh's front page article on the Tribune website, I'm too lazy to get a link. :D

BeerBaron
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/04/bears-players-want-burress/

Looks like some of our players (particularly Hester and Clark mentioned there) really want the team to go after Plaxico.

Originally, I was very against it, but from the sounds of things in there, Plax is ready to play and if his trial date is after the 2009 season is done, he would be a great 1 year mercenary for some team.

1 year, pay him what it takes, and I think he'd be a great fit for us. He really has been a great weapon in both of his previous stops and has done wonders for Ben and Eli, and I think Cutler is twice the QB they are when Plax first starting playing with those guys. I think he really helped build them a bit.

So I'd be all for the move if, like the article says, his trial date is after the 2009 season.

awfullyquiet
06-04-2009, 06:06 PM
i'm with you BB, pretty much the same sentiments that you have, i also have... Hey, it could be much worse, imo, and if we could pick up plax, it'd be a shot in the arm.

SFbear
06-04-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/04/bears-players-want-burress/

Looks like some of our players (particularly Hester and Clark mentioned there) really want the team to go after Plaxico.

Originally, I was very against it, but from the sounds of things in there, Plax is ready to play and if his trial date is after the 2009 season is done, he would be a great 1 year mercenary for some team.

1 year, pay him what it takes, and I think he'd be a great fit for us. He really has been a great weapon in both of his previous stops and has done wonders for Ben and Eli, and I think Cutler is twice the QB they are when Plax first starting playing with those guys. I think he really helped build them a bit.

So I'd be all for the move if, like the article says, his trial date is after the 2009 season.

Was just about to post this. Also in the article

"Agent Drew Rosenhaus did not return a phone call seeking comment, but he announced last week that three teams have inquired about Burress. They are believed to be the Bears, Jets and Buccaneers."

I don't know how strong of a statement "They are believed to be" is but if you couple this with Larry Mayer's all out endorsement of getting Plaxico I think Angelo is ready to pounce if the legal issues are resolved.

Overall I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have bigger problems with his work ethic than his stupidity.

dabears10
06-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Overall I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have bigger problems with his work ethic than his stupidity.

They are equally big in my mind. However, I would think he would want to erase the bad picture of himself during this. Occurrences such as this USUALLY humble people. Let's hope if we sign him it did and he works to show people he is not an asshole.

awfullyquiet
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
They are equally big in my mind. However, I would think he would want to erase the bad picture of himself during this. Occurrences such as this USUALLY humble people. Let's hope if we sign him it did and he works to show people he is not an asshole.

i'm sure he wants to get paid.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-05-2009, 01:31 AM
I believe it was that Steve Perry guy who said that Angelo's interest in Plaxico was legit.

I would definitely like Plax in Chicago.

Race for the Heisman
06-05-2009, 08:45 AM

What exactly gives you this impression? I haven't exactly followed Burress' career so I can't say you're wrong, and I know he pretty much didn't practice during their Super Bowl year, but everything that I have heard about him is that he's extremely diligent in terms of how he studies and how he breaks down his opposition. It would be nice if he practiced hard too, but the NFL has more than a few guys who always brought it on game day regardless of what happened leading up to that point (Joey Galloway is another example of a guy who hardly practiced and still was a very productive receiver for a period).

regoob2
06-05-2009, 11:17 AM
What exactly gives you this impression? I haven't exactly followed Burress' career so I can't say you're wrong, and I know he pretty much didn't practice during their Super Bowl year, but everything that I have heard about him is that he's extremely diligent in terms of how he studies and how he breaks down his opposition. It would be nice if he practiced hard too, but the NFL has more than a few guys who always brought it on game day regardless of what happened leading up to that point (Joey Galloway is another example of a guy who hardly practiced and still was a very productive receiver for a period).He has been fined dozens of times by the Giants and suspended by them last year.

regoob2
06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I believe it was that Steve Perry guy who said that Angelo's interest in Plaxico was legit.

I would definitely like Plax in Chicago.
He said that almost 2 months ago. Messiah?

Gay Ork Wang
06-05-2009, 12:17 PM
ha i wasnt very keen to him when he started posting here, mainly because of the 3rd person singular thingy, but he is a nice contributor and the things he says actually turn out to be true

regoob2
06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
ha i wasnt very keen to him when he started posting here, mainly because of the 3rd person singular thingy, but he is a nice contributor and the things he says actually turn out to be true
Neither was I when he was of FF but he knows his stuff. Go get um Steve!!!!

BeerBaron
06-05-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/05/fortes-leg-injury-isnt-serious/

Terrible, terrible, godawful scare averted.....

Thank christ.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-05-2009, 05:45 PM
He said that almost 2 months ago. Messiah?

That or he's tapping phone lines..

regoob2
06-05-2009, 09:49 PM
That or he's tapping phone lines..
hmmmmmm.......

awfullyquiet
06-05-2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/05/fortes-leg-injury-isnt-serious/

Terrible, terrible, godawful scare averted.....

Thank christ.

i tweak my hamstring getting out of bed.

Race for the Heisman
06-06-2009, 01:49 AM
He has been fined dozens of times by the Giants and suspended by them last year.

Regarding the fines at least, remember that it's Tom Coughlin, but point taken.

awfullyquiet
06-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Regarding the fines at least, remember that it's Tom Coughlin, but point taken.

Lovie gets players to respect him.

Wait... He doesn't realize we have an offense? He thinks we're playing scrimmages? Oh boy.

BeerBaron
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/10/bears-finish-signing-rookie-draft-class/

All rookies are signed! That's one of the few good things about not having first rounders.....

I think Gilbert might be the highest drafted rookie signed to date too. Can't think of any 2nd rounders, and def no first rounders (not including Stafford) who've signed yet.

Race for the Heisman
06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/10/bears-finish-signing-rookie-draft-class/

All rookies are signed! That's one of the few good things about not having first rounders.....

I think Gilbert might be the highest drafted rookie signed to date too. Can't think of any 2nd rounders, and def no first rounders (not including Stafford) who've signed yet.

I saw that Sanchez signed on the ESPN ticker yesterday (5/$50,000,000/$28,000,000 guaranteed).

BeerBaron
06-11-2009, 11:43 AM
I saw that Sanchez signed on the ESPN ticker yesterday (5/$50,000,000/$28,000,000 guaranteed).

Yeah, that happened right after I posted that....

Gay Ork Wang
06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
awesome, Favre joins the vikes

BeerBaron
06-11-2009, 12:00 PM
awesome, Favre joins the vikes

Where'd you hear that?? I checked PFT, espn and nfl.com and flipped on ESPNNews and don't see it anywhere?

Gay Ork Wang
06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Former NFL executive Pat Kirwan of Sirius NFL Radio said Favre will join the Vikings on July 15 or earlier. Kirwan is friendly with Childress and was the first to refute the fact that a deadline existed.

From the Favre thread.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/47602962.html?page=2&c=y

Gay Ork Wang
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
if by any chance at all we get Brandon Marshall, im gonna die in awe

SFbear
06-15-2009, 06:47 PM
if by any chance at all we get Brandon Marshall, im gonna die in awe

Id have to figure that the Bears are the last team out of their division that they would trade Marshall too. They need Cutler to fail horribly and Orton to be productive to remove the sting of this offseason for the fanbase and giving Orton's best weapon back to Cutler would be just be a massive pile of fail.

Our best chance of getting Marshall was in FA next year. Looks like that won't happen if a trade goes down.

Gay Ork Wang
06-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Id have to figure that the Bears are the last team out of their division that they would trade Marshall too. They need Cutler to fail horribly and Orton to be productive to remove the sting of this offseason for the fanbase and giving Orton's best weapon back to Cutler would be just be a massive pile of fail.
on the other hand, the Bears might be the #1 option for marshall

The Dynasty
06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
on the other hand, the Bears might be the #1 option for marshall

Too bad Marshall doesn't get to choose where he is traded too. I can't imagine the Bears trading for marshall. They just don't have enough fire power to pull it off.

Gay Ork Wang
06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Too bad Marshall doesn't get to choose where he is traded too. I can't imagine the Bears trading for marshall. They just don't have enough fire power to pull it off.
well he could limit the options saying he wont show up for certain teams