Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

bearsfan_51
10-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Idonije just resigned this year no?

BeerBaron
10-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Idonije just resigned this year no?

I guess maybe he did.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/05/israel-idonije-agrees-to-twoyear-contract-extension.html

Went totally under the radar, I didn't remember hearing anything about it. Ok, so nix my previous comments then.

awfullyquiet
10-17-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't think he's even been active.

Correct.

Is this a good thing/bad thing?

Gay Ork Wang
10-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Correct.

Is this a good thing/bad thing?
well it is never a good thing, but i wouldnt interpret too much into it. Earl Bennett didnt do jackshit last year either and he shows a lot of promise right now, so just let him develop

BeerBaron
10-18-2009, 09:54 AM
We cut Michael Gaines to make room for Gaines Adams....funny, lol. That's not even a common first or last name.

Gay Ork Wang
10-18-2009, 10:33 PM
someone destroy the Oline.

And we didnt get pressure

bearsfan_51
10-18-2009, 10:39 PM
How in the world did we lose that game? We beat them in almost every conceivable category.

SFbear
10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Orlando Pace falling flat on his face on fourth and 1 was just poetic. Sigh.

Monomach
10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
How in the world did we lose that game? We beat them in almost every conceivable category.

We lost because our O-line had more yards in penalties than we had in rushing.

Monomach
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
What pisses me off the most is that there will be another week of Matty Ice love and Jay Cutler hate despite Cutler outperforming him.

Pat Sims 90
10-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Your OL will most likely dominate next week against the Bengals with Odom out for the year and Peko are 2nd best DL could be out too

BeerBaron
10-18-2009, 11:47 PM
All losses suck, but some suck more and that one was a killer. Red zone **** ups and penalties....we just self destructed.

Hopefully we don't play any more Sunday nights either...heh

dabears10
10-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Your OL will most likely dominate next week against the Bengals with Odom out for the year and Peko are 2nd best DL could be out too

We made the Lions pass rush look pretty good. I am not too hopeful.

Omiyale needs to never see the field again. I've never seen someone whiff, actually whiff a block as much as him. I seriously believe if we put Garrett Wolfe at guard he would be more successful.

MidwayMonster31
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Orlando Pace falling flat on his face on fourth and 1 was just poetic. Sigh.If there was one play to sum up the offensive line tonight, that would be it.

Draft King
10-18-2009, 11:56 PM
What pisses me off the most is that there will be another week of Matty Ice love and Jay Cutler hate despite Cutler outperforming him.

I'd say it was around equal play by the QBs, Ryan had a nice pass go right off the hands of Jenkins only to be picked off, the other interception was just an overthrow. These two young QBs are the future of the NFL and the battles between them will be exciting to watch in the future.

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 12:00 AM
1) Manning's dropped interception the first quarter
2) Lance Briggs deciding to try and pick up Turner's fumble
3) Cutler's pick in the red zone
4) Forte's two fumbles at the 1 yard line
5) Atlanta hitting Cutler on a 3 man rush
6) No running game at all (20 carries for 30 yards I believe)
7) 12 men on the field on 4th down
8) Zach Bowman fumbling his INT 15 yards backwards
9) Atlanta's first touchdown due to lack of defenders on that side of the field
10) Atlanta's 3rd down conversion on their final drive while our entire defense was wondering what the hell to do while the ball was being snapped
11) Dumbass penalties (at key times in the game)
12) Blown kick coverage to set up short field on final drive for Falcons
13) Defense ******** down their legs at key points in the game (drive going into halftime and final drive)
14) No pressure on Matty Ice, I don't think we touched him all game

You are not going to win games with that many dumb mistakes. Now I'm willing to concede that no team is going to play perfect. But most of those ones listed above cannot, and should not happen at this level. You don't ******* fumble twice on the 1 yard line. You don't ******* false start on 4th and 1. You don't have 12 ******* men on the field on a punt. You don't let a ******* 3 man rush get to your QB in 3 seconds. You don't consistently get the play calls and audibles in late facing a hurry up offense.

And yet we were 5 yards away from sending the game into OT. **** man. I honestly wonder how good we could be if we play smart, fundamental football. Simple execution in all 3 phases and we would be a ******* good team IMO. I really didn't think last years loss could end up being worse this year. I actually think this one stings more because of how much the dumb mistakes snowballed up.

I will say this though, at least we have a QB. Cutler may make some dumb throws but that man was the main reason we had a chance to come back. Some of his throws were incredible given he had no time to set his feet.

I will say though that for a neutral fan, that was a crazy ass game and probably was very entertaining. I honestly had no idea what the **** was going on at some points with how many weird things that went on.

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Matt Ryan did play pretty well, but most of his throws were to wide open receivers. I do have to give credit though to the fact that he audibled a lot and opened things up once we showed our defensive front. I thought Cutler's throws had a much greater degree of difficulty. The ones to Knox, Olsen, and Clark over the shoulder were gorgeous and also consider that Ryan wasn't touched all game. Cutler was under constant pressure.

I do really like Ryan though and I understand why he's got the Matty Ice nickname. He's one of the most poised young QB's I've seen in quite some time and he's really smart. Dude makes big plays at big moments.

BeerBaron
10-19-2009, 12:33 AM
It is true that we looked like **** in both of our losses yet still had a chance to pull it out in the end....it's pretty ridiculous.

bearsfan_51
10-19-2009, 12:51 AM
We're still going to make the playoffs. I'm really not sweating this game that much.

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 01:28 AM
We're still going to make the playoffs. I'm really not sweating this game that much.

I am because this game last year was what kept us out of the playoffs. Although that's a bit of semantics because who knows how our season would've went had we held on.

I've been thinking this for a while but if we could put together a consistent game in all 3 phases like I know we are capable of doing, we are a legit team. Problem is one phase shows up one week, then disappears the next. Then one phase that didn't show up a previous week shows up when the other ones don't.

We need to find some consistency. We have the talent to be a damn good team IMO but the lack of execution in simple fundamental football is what drives me nuts. I expect us to **** up every week, it's just human nature. But you can't **** up that many times in key situations and this is the 2nd time in 6 weeks it has occurred.

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Oh and if I hear anyone saying we are lucky to be 3-2 right now and they happen to be a Viking fan. Pot meet kettle. They've won two games on a hail marry and a missed FG at the end of regulation. This division is still up for grabs.

MidwayMonster31
10-19-2009, 01:32 AM
I think we still can make the playoffs. Atlanta will probably get the first wild card. Other than that, we actually have a lot of control of our own destiny. We get Philly and Arizona at home, as well as Green Bay one more time. Going to San Francisco might not be as tough. As long as we can win one against Minnesota, that's 5 wins right there. We also get Cleveland, St. Louis and Detroit, so as long as we do well with our home games, we can finish with 10 wins and get in.

bearsfan_51
10-19-2009, 02:11 AM
I am because this game last year was what kept us out of the playoffs.
We lost 7 games last year, the Falcons game wasn't even the most important one. We win on the road against the Vikings, a game I was at, and we win the division.

Anyway, maybe I just don't care as much as I used to, but I think we'll be fine. Just have to start running it better and cut down on the turnovers. Talent is there.

dunagan15
10-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Just wanted to say good game fellas in the sense that Im showing sportsmanship and appreciate the knowledge you all bring to this site. Not the actual fact that it was a good game because ehh we all know it was pretty ugly, just a little uglier for you guys.

Both teams did not play to their potential, and lets hope things get squared away quickly.

Thx for the game chat guys and good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

I was at the game, and would like to say you guys have some great fans, Most Ive seen from an opposing team in a long time (season ticket holder<) and they were not a s s holes like most opposing teams fans, props.

awfullyquiet
10-19-2009, 09:28 AM

there's still tons of time left... improvements to be had... and i watched the broadcast notes yesterday...

70% completion rating to bowman's side? q.t.f.

i knew it wasn't great (which is why i was questioning bowman a few weeks ago)... but, i didn't realize it was THAT bad.

i'm 100% with -mach and believe that free-beekman is probably in the best interest of the team...

the pass blocking was impressive and textbook for all of 54 minutes.
started at the chicago 12... gained 110 yards. and couldn't score. q.t.f.

how. the. hell. did forte lose the ball, not once. but twice.
but, then again, how did wolfe break that tackle which should have destroyed him on that 12 yard scamper.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2009, 12:07 PM

You sure about that? I don't think its a guarantee by any means. Realistically, youre competing with the following teams for a playoff spot.

Minnesota
New Orleans
New York Giants
Winner of the West (not direct competition but they waste a spot in the playoff seeding)
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Dallas

8 teams total (including the Bears) with only 6 spots. Which 2 teams do you eliminate from that group? I think Dallas is one. But youre possibly fighting the Giants, Eagles, and Falcons for a wild card spot, and Minny for the division who's undefeated.

Thats tough. I don't know if Chicago can do it this year.

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 12:44 PM
If there's any consolation, we haven't played near our potential yet. I believe that this team is quite scary when they execute. As long as we are playing our best football in the latter half of the year, I'll try and forget the debacles of the Green Bay and Atlanta games.

I don't mind losing, but to **** down our pants like we did last night was pretty hard to swallow. I would've considered it a moral victory to go to OT and lose on a field goal, but that last drive was pretty much the epitome of our entire game. 5 steps forward, 10 steps back. We can't shoot ourselves in the foot that many times and expect to win.

But, on the bright side with as bad as we played at some points we lost by a touchdown and a had a chance to tie it up on our last drive. I'm just waiting for us to actually play some fundamental football, then I think we can get things rolling.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
You sure about that? I don't think its a guarantee by any means. Realistically, youre competing with the following teams for a playoff spot.

Minnesota
New Orleans
New York Giants
Winner of the West (not direct competition but they waste a spot in the playoff seeding)
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Dallas

8 teams total (including the Bears) with only 6 spots. Which 2 teams do you eliminate from that group? I think Dallas is one. But youre possibly fighting the Giants, Eagles, and Falcons for a wild card spot, and Minny for the division who's undefeated.

Thats tough. I don't know if Chicago can do it this year.
i dont think the eagles are all that good

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 12:54 PM
i dont think the eagles are all that good

Neither is Dallas. Atlanta didn't impress me that much either last night. This thing is still wide open. If we can find our groove I like our chances. Big game next week in Cincy.

awfullyquiet
10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Neither is NFC East. Atlanta didn't impress me that much either last night. This thing is still wide open. If we can find our groove I like our chances. Big game next week in Cincy.

FIFY. I tend to do that.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, Im not saying you guys have no chance, after all I thought youd win the North during TC, but its not an easy road, thats all im saying.

drowe
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM

pretty bold statement considering you just lost the tie breaker to one of the teams you'll be competing with for a wild card (atlanta) and you're halfway to losing it to green bay.

really, i think the Wild Card race is between Philly, Atlanta, Green Bay and Chicago. no reason anybody would put Chicago ahead of Green Bay OR Atlanta right now.

also, your star RB looks like a one year wonder, the QB you mortgaged your future for has single handedly lost 2 games for you, your secondary is garbage and your defense in general has no identity.

your games agains the Eagles and Packers will be monsterous.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
pretty bold statement considering you just lost the tie breaker to one of the teams you'll be competing with for a wild card (atlanta) and you're halfway to losing it to green bay.

really, i think the Wild Card race is between Philly, Atlanta, Green Bay and Chicago. no reason anybody would put Chicago ahead of Green Bay OR Atlanta right now.

also, your star RB looks like a one year wonder, the QB you mortgaged your future for has single handedly lost 2 games for you, your secondary is garbage and your defense in general has no identity.

your games agains the Eagles and Packers will be monsterous.
Star RB one year wonder? Cutler single handedly losing two games?

are you actually watching the games or are you going by the stats

drowe
10-19-2009, 03:02 PM

I watched your entire games against the Packers and Falcons. in both games, Forte was a non-factor and Cutler gave the game away with unforgiveable mistakes. Maybe they help you beat up on the Lions and Seahawks, but when ya really need 'em to step up in a big game, they've choked. tell me I'm wrong.

BeerBaron
10-19-2009, 03:02 PM

Yeah really. Cutler played phenomenally in our wins and despite the picks in the losses, was single handedly the reason we were still in those games at the end.

Some of the throws he was making were just elite looking. Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman would not have completed some of those, like splitting the defenders and getting it to Olsen late.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I watched your entire games against the Packers and Falcons. in both games, Forte was a non-factor and Cutler gave the game away with unforgiveable mistakes. Maybe they help you beat up on the Lions and Seahawks, but when ya really need 'em to step up in a big game, they've choked. tell me I'm wrong.
youre wrong.

Forte was a non factor because he has at least 1 guy in the backfield at all time. there was no hole what soever, how was he even supposed to do anything? its not like he didnt hit the holes or didnt break tackles, he had to evade players before he even hit the line of scrimmage.

And how did Cutler give it away? Well yes he did have some mistakes, but he was the main reason we actually were in the game. He moved the ball down the field 90 and 110 yards on the last two drives. The Oline and ST in the end lost us the game. Not cutler. And whereas in the packers game he did have a horrible first half, it was mainly the lack of familiarity with the WRs and some mistakes on their part. He was not the only reason for the loss

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Aaron Rodgers turned the ball over twice against Minnesota, so I guess he lost that game as well huh. :rolleyes:

Jay Cutler is the only reason we aren't 1-4 right now. Single handily lost us both our games? He played like **** in the opener, so I'll give you that one but despite his 2 INT's last night, he was money and ripped that defense apart. He lead three scoring drives in the 2nd Half, two of which were stopped because his teammates were too inept to execute.

I might also mention that his pass protection resembled what Aaron Rodgers has been facing this season thus far, and he still doesn't have a run game.

Jay has made some bad throws, but the good has heavily outweighed the bad.

BeerBaron
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
I think we're always going to get some bad with the good that is Cutler.

Someone like Orton never really lost us games, but he never went out and won too many either. When the defense, special teams and run game were going well, so was Orton. When they weren't, he never picked up the slack and carried the team, while Cutler already has a few times like last night. The defense was awful in the 2nd half and the run game never got going, yet we were still in the game until the very last drive with a shot to tie it up.

I have a feeling that if and when the o-line gels and the receivers get some more experience under their belt, we'll start to see a lot more of the good Cutler than the bad one. Until then, we just have to realize that we're going to live and die by how he does because I don't see the defense as capable of carrying the team and the run game just doesn't seem to want to start going.

drowe
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
In games decdied by a TD or less he threw ints in the red zone. that's taking points off the board. i know other people made mistakes, so, maybe 'singlehandedly' was a bad word choice. but, really...the guy blew it when you were knocking on the door. elite QBs shouldn't do that. and to give up what the bears gave up for him, he better be an elite QB.

and, i fail to see how the defense of Forte did anything to disprove my point. he was great last year...and isn't this o-line supposedly improved? bottom line is he isn't able to do what he did last year. hence, one year wonder.

and, i really don't get comparison to Rodgers. with one of the worst o-lines in football, he's near the top of the league in YPG and passer rating, and has only thrown 2 picks all season. the fumble in the red zone sucked...but, i don't care who your QB is, if ya get sacked 25 times in 5 games, the ball is gonna be fumbled once or twice.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
the Oline didnt improve. Chris Williams is good at pass blocking, not a good run blocker. Omiyale is ******* horrible. There are no holes whatsoever. He isnt able to do what he is last year because of the oline. no wonder.

Splat
10-19-2009, 06:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...HffGs9SJkdsLYF (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_ylt=ApMUIeeSLWdb2JHffGs9SJkdsLYF)

The NFL trade deadline is tomorrow and the Chicago Bears (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/chi/) already got themselves a big trade when the team acquired defensive end Gaines Adams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8258/) on Friday from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/tam/).

And now the team is trying to land a linebacker by tomorrow's deadline (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Could-Bears-be-in-market-for-a-linebacker.html), according to the National Football Post.

A rumored target is Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/) linebacker Derrick Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Derrick+Johnson&q=Derrick+Johnson).

SFbear
10-19-2009, 07:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...HffGs9SJkdsLYF (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_ylt=ApMUIeeSLWdb2JHffGs9SJkdsLYF)

The NFL trade deadline is tomorrow and the Chicago Bears (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/chi/) already got themselves a big trade when the team acquired defensive end Gaines Adams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8258/) on Friday from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/tam/).

And now the team is trying to land a linebacker by tomorrow's deadline (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Could-Bears-be-in-market-for-a-linebacker.html), according to the National Football Post.

A rumored target is Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/) linebacker Derrick Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Derrick+Johnson&q=Derrick+Johnson).

Seems unlikely with our limited arsenal of picks.

bearsfan_51
10-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes, I'm sure of it. I offered two animal sacrifices this morning and consulted the Oracle of Delphi, it's a done deal.

bearsfan_51
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
and, i fail to see how the defense of Forte did anything to disprove my point. he was great last year...and isn't this o-line supposedly improved? bottom line is he isn't able to do what he did last year. hence, one year wonder.
Sometimes you make sense, this isn't one of those times.

sweetness34
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM
It's a combination of the OL being awful and Forte being hesitant. Forte is not a north/south runner, he needs holes to be effective and there just aren't any. Plus when a runner is getting hit in the backfield every other play, it's not a very good omen either. Forte does look a step slow though and I have no idea why. Maybe that hamstring isn't fully healthy or maybe he's just not comfortable in his reads.

I do think it's more of the OL than Forte though which I why I would like to see more of Peterson when he gets back, hell lets give Wolfe some carries too and split Forte out wide. That's one thing that makes him a good player, he's versatile and we can use him in other places than the backfield.

regoob2
10-19-2009, 10:43 PM

Id be all over this for a mid-rounder. Make it happen JA!

BeerBaron
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
I'd take DJ for a few of the picks we have left....we get another really talented linebacker since losing Urlacher I think it would only help our D. Plus with Pisa being hurt always, Hunter being sllllloooooowwwww and Roach.....eh, he's ok, we do need some linebackers.

Monomach
10-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Last season I caught a boatload of crap for saying that we should've traded Urlacher while his value was decent.

Obviously, his value is now nonexistent, so we can't do that. Regardless, it's time to look toward the future.

I'd give any pick we have left for next year's draft for Derrick Johnson. I'd hope it would be a 4th rounder, like the Vilma trade, but I'd really have no problem giving up a 3rd for him. Stick him in the middle this year. If Urlacher still looks like he has something left in the tank next year, DJ can move to the strong side until Urlacher's done. The guy's played every linebacker position in cover 2 with success. He's just screwed until he gets out of that 3-4.

regoob2
10-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Last season I caught a boatload of crap for saying that we should've traded Urlacher while his value was decent.

Obviously, his value is now nonexistent, so we can't do that. Regardless, it's time to look toward the future.

I'd give any pick we have left for next year's draft for Derrick Johnson. I'd hope it would be a 4th rounder, like the Vilma trade, but I'd really have no problem giving up a 3rd for him. Stick him in the middle this year. If Urlacher still looks like he has something left in the tank next year, DJ can move to the strong side until Urlacher's done. The guy's played every linebacker position in cover 2 with success. He's just screwed until he gets out of that 3-4.
Were not going to trade Urlacher. We're not 0-5 with no chance to compete for 2+ yrs.

regoob2
10-20-2009, 07:49 AM
I'd take DJ for a few of the picks we have left....we get another really talented linebacker since losing Urlacher I think it would only help our D. Plus with Pisa being hurt always, Hunter being sllllloooooowwwww and Roach.....eh, he's ok, we do need some linebackers.
5th this yr and a 5th next. Make this happen.

BeerBaron
10-20-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1834408,CST-SPT-bear20.article

Sounds like we could make a change to Beekman.

Gay Ork Wang
10-20-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1834408,CST-SPT-bear20.article

Sounds like we could make a change to Beekman.
thank god!

regoob2
10-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Cutler signs new 2 yr deal.

According to Jason La Confora's Twitter. 2 years, 30 million, 20 guaranteed.

BeerBaron
10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Cutler signs new 2 yr deal.

According to Jason La Confora's Twitter. 2 years, 30 million, 20 guaranteed.

That's a really strange deal.....I think he could easily have gotten an Eli-esque mega-deal. I'll be interested in the details of this one.

SFbear
10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
That's a really strange deal.....I think he could easily have gotten an Eli-esque mega-deal. I'll be interested in the details of this one.

Yeah Im really confused. The timing is weird.

Monomach
10-21-2009, 12:10 AM

He's making over 10 mil a year now and he'll only be 30 when he hits free agency...Meaning enough time for another mega-contract.

I bet he was delighted to sign this extension.

awfullyquiet
10-21-2009, 08:56 AM

David Haugh: This word just in from Halas Hall: Bears give Cutler 2-year contract extension...money well spent

Not a new deal, just an extension... Clarification.

Honestly, I think he'll keep getting extension, after extension after extension.

SFbear
10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Doesn't look like any changes in the starting Oline.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/10/omiyale_to_stay_put_at_left_gu.html#more

awfullyquiet
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Well...

One thing I wouldn't mind is bringing in chicago native Mike Shanahan sometime in the near future. Might cut down on some quite offensive and odoriferous notions coming from that side...

unfortunately, fattest chance in hell i can see either

scenario a: turner getting canned, shanny getting offensive control and leverage in offensive picks.
scenario b: both turner and lovie get canned. Shanny gets the whole kit and caboodle.

fyi: general musing unto wishful thinking of the days without ron turner. or norv turner. or any turners in the OC box.

SFbear
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Well...

One thing I wouldn't mind is bringing in chicago native Mike Shanahan sometime in the near future. Might cut down on some quite offensive and odoriferous notions coming from that side...

scenario a: turner getting canned, shanny getting offensive control and leverage in offensive picks.
scenario b: both turner and lovie get canned. Shanny gets the whole kit and caboodle.

Shanahan is one of the top HC candidates in the offseason and won't take a OC job especially for a team that doesn't pay top dollar for coaching talent.

It wouldn't shock me for us to give him the HC job if Lovie gets the boot and maybe he'll forgo a more lucrative position to reunite with Cutler, but apparently he is not a person who you want to have full control of a team. Let him go make big bucks in Dallas or Washington.

Unless we miss the playoffs expect Lovie and the defensive staff to stay as is. I believe Ron Turner's contract is up at the end of the season so unless we get dramatic improvement on that side of the ball he'll probably be gone.

Our best hope would be if an offensively minded HC gets fired and has to go back to reprove himself at OC for a few years. Kubiak from Houston who was Shanahan's OC in Denver is my ideal candidate although Im not the biggest fan of the ZBS from a "how football should be played" standpoint.

The question I have is what happens to Angelo if we do or don't make the playoffs. All the trading of picks recently makes it seem like Angelo doesn't expect to be around much longer if we don't win big soon but maybe the Cutler trade bought him some goodwill.

SFbear
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Apparently Pisa is out for year.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/10/bears_lose_tinoisamoa_for_the.html#more

Damn.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2009, 05:39 PM
damn he did so much for us ...

dabears10
10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Well...

fyi: general musing unto wishful thinking of the days without ron turner. or norv turner. or any turners in the OC box.

Doesn't Shanahan want GM power as well as HC?

bearsfan_51
10-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Angelo do what Angelo do, he's not going to get fired.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
crappy guard needs to play less crappy.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2009, 07:41 PM
True, but they aren't going to fire Angelo becuase of Frank Omiyale.

dabears10
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
True, but they aren't going to fire Angelo becuase of Frank Omiyale.

Yes, my point was Shanahan will not come here because Angelo will not get fired.

awfullyquiet
10-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Angelo do what Angelo do, he's not going to get fired.

No kidding.

Musing-max.

It's okay, if you can't tell, i'd rather NOT have shanny as a GM.

Monomach
10-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Crappy Guard continues to crap up our crappy o-line with his crappy crappiness. http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/10/omiyale_to_stay_put_at_left_gu.html

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2009, 03:53 AM
Crappy crappy guard playing crappy makes me feel crappy about crappy guard

shady00
10-23-2009, 09:44 PM
If Shanahan would come as an offensive coordinator that would be perfect.

Monomach
10-24-2009, 03:36 AM
If Shanahan would come as an offensive coordinator that would be perfect.

Someone else is going to let him be head coach + offensive coordinator + general manager.

Zero chance he's going to come here to be a coordinator alone.

Gay Ork Wang
10-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Bowman sucks, coaching sucks

vikes_28
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I hate the bears, and even I'm getting pissed at this game. Sorry guis. :(

Monomach
10-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Bears should line Beekman up at TE and basically play with 6 offensive linemen.

They should also put Corey Graham in for Bowman. Was I just imagining him not sucking last year?

Gay Ork Wang
10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Bears should line Beekman up at TE and basically play with 6 offensive linemen
we should play with 10 lineman and just longsnap to hester or knox

jballa838
10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
i'm not trying to flame at all I just have a question.

Do you guys think Chicago could possibly go secondary in the first round this year? If they can get an impact safety or corner and a healthy Urlacher next season I can see them being a top 5, top 3 defense next year.

BeerBaron
10-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Do you guys think Chicago could possibly go secondary in the first round this year? If they can get an impact safety or corner and a healthy Urlacher next season I can see them being a top 5, top 3 defense next year.

We don't have a first or second rounder.....

So unless there's someone uber sitting around in the 3rd, I doubt it's happening.

jballa838
10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
We don't have a first or second rounder.....

So unless there's someone uber sitting around in the 3rd, I doubt it's happening.
dang. I forgot about that. You can get some decent one dimensional safeties and shorter ball hawks in the 3rd, but not ones who could make an immediate impact for the most part.

Monomach
10-25-2009, 06:01 PM
By the way, I want to punch Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith in the throat for the crappy guard experiment.

I just know there's going to be a postgame quote of "Crappy Guard is our guard. Crappy guard gives us the best chance to win."

Gay Ork Wang
10-25-2009, 06:18 PM
worst loss i have witness so far

Monomach
10-25-2009, 06:29 PM
worst loss i have witness so far

The last time the Bears gave up that many points, Dick Jauron was our coach, Curtis Enis our RB, and Cade McNown started at QB.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199910310was.htm

/isuicide

MidwayMonster31
10-25-2009, 07:11 PM

Do you guys think Chicago could possibly go secondary in the first round this year? If they can get an impact safety or corner and a healthy Urlacher next season I can see them being a top 5, top 3 defense next year.The problem is that we've already drafted plenty of defensive backs over the last few years. I think they need to develop.
I think we should focus on the offensive line for this draft, and we badly need a stud defensive tackle. Our defense has not been the same since Harris' injury in 2006. Hopefully Gilbert can be that guy.

djp
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Need applications from Bears fans for the Forum Mock. I am considering adding picks at the end of round 1 and in between round 2 for teams without a first rounder, fyi.

Monomach
10-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Adding picks that don't exist kind of defeats the purpose of a mock and kills any interest I have.

k0ng
10-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Man that was an embarrassment. Our o-line is horrible and the D looked absolutely clueless out there. Oh, and someone please tell me why Alfalava starts over Payne. He sucks in coverage and doesn't tackle all that well.

It really sucks that Benson had to use his time here to 'find himself'. Would have been awesome if he ran like that for us.

This offseason we need to look at fixing the o-line, adding a WR, and upgrading the S position(preferable SS, Manning finally is coming around and would be a solid complimentary FS with the right guy back there). I think if we can do this and stay healthy next season we will have a shot. Not giving up on this season, but a loss like this plus all the injuries really puts a damper on things.

regoob2
10-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Need applications from Bears fans for the Forum Mock. I am considering adding picks at the end of round 1 and in between round 2 for teams without a first rounder, fyi.
I'll do it if you dont add the Bears picks.

Gay Ork Wang
10-28-2009, 03:24 PM
LM: Bears rookie Johnny Knox has been named the NFC special teams player of the month. Knox averaged 28.9 yards with 1 TD in October.

I love knox

BeerBaron
10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
So about a week ago, I got a pumpkin to carve with some friends and carved a Bears logo into it. Well, last night, I found the thing totally caved in on itself leaking some kind of nasty pumpkin juice all over the place......

I'm not taking it as a good omen. Yuck......and a pumpkin that we had from like another week before that is still in perfectly good shape, as are all the others from that night.

regoob2
10-28-2009, 05:50 PM
So about a week ago, I got a pumpkin to carve with some friends and carved a Bears logo into it. Well, last night, I found the thing totally caved in on itself leaking some kind of nasty pumpkin juice all over the place......

I'm not taking it as a good omen. Yuck......and a pumpkin that we had from like another week before that is still in perfectly good shape, as are all the others from that night.
Thats a bad omon.

SFbear
10-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Lets be honest. We were done as soon as Peter King opened his big fat mouth. Him picking us for the Superbowl was the only omen I needed.

About the Cinci game, the concensus seems to be that the defense was undisciplined with their gaps and not lining up properly. This probably points to the inexperience at MLB and also a failure of our DC(or a lack of one). I thought Lovie was doing a great job with the defensive play calling and adjustments for the first couple games but lately it looks like he's had too much on his plate trying to make up for the lack of a DC. I think Angelo basically called him out in this interview for failing to make proper adjustments during the game.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6246

I think its been pretty clear that Angelo has not been a fan of Babich and most likely Lovie had to take over the D in order keep Babich from being let go completely. But I think that move may have been made at the detriment of the team that needs someone running the D full time. If it isn't Babich we need to find someone else in the offseason.

Also for whatever reason we played way too much soft cover 2 zone that game which was confusing since we had so much success with blitzing linebackers and 8 men in the box before this game. Im not sure what they saw on tape but we have no business rushing with just 4.

Cinci on the other hand had no problem rushing just 4 lineman all game and getting pretty much all 4 of them in the backfield. Start Beekman please.

Monomach
10-28-2009, 10:48 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/10/omiyale_headed_to_bench_having.html

BEEKMAN IS BACK! REJOICE, CHICAGO!

Also, Brad Biggs continues to show that he is an idiot who will say anything the Bears PR team tells him to. In his world, sacks are the only form of QB pressure. What a dumbassed title: "Omiyale headed to bench having allowed a half of a sack."

Yeah, Brad. That's all crappy guard is responsible for...

dabears10
10-29-2009, 01:02 AM

Also, Brad Biggs continues to show that he is an idiot who will say anything the Bears PR team tells him to. In his world, sacks are the only form of QB pressure. What a dumbassed title: "Crappy Guard headed to bench having allowed a half of a sack."

You must replace the name even in quotes.

SFbear
10-29-2009, 02:03 AM
You must replace the name even in quotes.

No. In benching he has a name. His name was Robert Pa...er, I mean Frank Omiyale.

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2009, 03:35 AM
no even benched he is crappy guard. but now i like crappy guard.

TitleTown088
10-29-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm glad to see " crappy guard" went over so well in er.

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm glad to see " crappy guard" went over so well in er.
it was a great invention on your part

sweetness34
10-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Also, Brad Biggs continues to show that he is an idiot who will say anything the Bears PR team tells him to. In his world, sacks are the only form of QB pressure. What a dumbassed title: "Omiyale headed to bench having allowed a half of a sack."

Brad Biggs is a tard, although on a good day he has some insightful things to say, but those are few and far between. Pompei is the best football analyst in Chicago for the newspapers (that's not saying much though). Crist is pretty good too but he's on the Bear Report.

Oatmeal is heading to the bench because he gets blown off the line every play, he misses blocks, and he gets tossed around like a rag doll. I've seen some of his potential with his ability to get to the 2nd level but this signing has been a disaster. Hopefully Beekman can somewhat solidify the left side, although next to two ancient players that may be pretty hard to do.

Gay Ork Wang
10-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Crappy Guard is heading to the bench because he gets blown off the line every play, he misses blocks, and he gets tossed around like a rag doll.

fixed it for you

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d813d19ba/WK-8-Playbook-Browns-vs-Bears

look at crappy guard

BeerBaron
10-31-2009, 11:09 AM
fixed it for you

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d813d19ba/WK-8-Playbook-Browns-vs-Bears

look at crappy guard

So awful.....

Gay Ork Wang
10-31-2009, 11:10 AM
i mean i could block more people than crappy guard. i have never seen such a bad guard before

TitleTown088
10-31-2009, 03:11 PM
it was a great invention on your part I do what I can.

What's the Word on that GIlbert cat who jumped out da poo? What's he done?

sweetness34
10-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Gilbert's a work in progress. We're banking on Marinelli's ability to develop his raw talent. I think he's a couple years away from being a major contributor.

TitleTown088
10-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Gilbert's a work in progress. We're banking on Marinelli's ability to develop his raw talent. I think he's a couple years away from being a major contributor.

Has he even really seen PT yet?

Gay Ork Wang
10-31-2009, 03:37 PM
no he was inactive. but then again Earl Bennett was too last year. so id start worrying if he is inactive all of next year too

Monomach
10-31-2009, 11:47 PM
fixed it for you

look at crappy guard

Oh, dear god. So hard to watch.

From what I've seen, Garrett Wolfe is actually a better blocker. :eek:

Gay Ork Wang
11-01-2009, 12:56 PM
oh god, beekman is already a million times better than crappy guard. he actually blocks

VoteLynnSwan
11-01-2009, 03:07 PM
i love how we put in Garrett Wolfe to ice the clock

(obviously I don't want Forte in there, it's just funny)

Gay Ork Wang
11-01-2009, 04:08 PM
our Oline is still one of the worst in the league

Monomach
11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
our Oline is still one of the worst in the league

It sure is.

2010 Prediction: JA ignores the real linemen again and signs a few more castoffs that can't block. Forte is run out of town because he can't break three tackles every carry before getting to the line of scrimmage. Jay Cutler gets Thiesmann'd and Caleb Hanie starts 14 games, winning 2 of them. Basically, DOOOOOOM.

Gay Ork Wang
11-02-2009, 07:07 AM
D. Manning is doing pretty good this past 2 seasons

bearsfan_51
11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Sure is. I hope we can resign him. I would even consider the franchise tag considering how low it is for safties.

sweetness34
11-02-2009, 12:26 PM
His interception was ridiculous

Cutler is not going to make it through the season if he keeps taking hits like he did yesterday. He's one tough son of a ***** but the pass protection is absolutely awful and they are going to get him killed.

I do not look forward to playing the Vikings, he may not make it through the game.

Monomach
11-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Cutler is not going to make it through the season if he keeps taking hits like he did yesterday. He's one tough son of a ***** but the pass protection is absolutely awful and they are going to get him killed.

I do not look forward to playing the Vikings, he may not make it through the game.

"...but this win probably didn't taste too good to Jay Cutler, who was swallowing blood after a blow to the chin...

...Cutler bit his tongue on the big hit and didn't stop swallowing blood until the fourth quarter. He was sacked a season-high four times and hit seven times by the worst-ranked defense in the league."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1859426,CST-SPT-bearnt02.article

Seriously. This is a huge problem here.

Gay Ork Wang
11-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Interesting game for the offensive line. With Josh Beekman replacing [crappy guard] at left guard, the line showed some progress in run blocking but had quite a few lapses in pass blocking.

What really stood out in viewing the game a second time? The Bears were much better running left -- to Beekman's side -- than they were running right.

On running back carries, the Bears went left 18 times for 107 yards, an average of 5.9 per run. Take away Garrett Wolfe's 36-yard run to the left at the end of the game if you wish, and they still averaged 4.2. On 13 running back carries to the right, the Bears had 36 yards, an average of 2.8.

The success to the left isn't all because of Beekman. One of the reasons the Bears replaced Beekman with [crappy guard] in the first place is they wanted a bigger, more physical run blocker. But there is no question Beekman helped the run game Sunday.

Now if Beekman could have the same effect on the passing game, the Bears really would be on to something.

i like a run blocking oline better than a passing blocking oline

dabears10
11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
i like a run blocking oline better than a passing blocking oline

I would like an O-line that does one or the other.

Gay Ork Wang
11-05-2009, 03:07 AM
I would like an O-line that does one or the other.
yea but thats not going to happen with our Line

Gay Ork Wang
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
could we please kill our OL Coach and Ron turdner?

Hurricane Ditka
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Bring in the chin. The Bill Cowher bandwagon.

Monomach
11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Bring in the chin. The Bill Cowher bandwagon.

I'd rather have Holmgren, but Cowher would be ok, too.

Then again, JA and LS have too much money left on their contracts to get fired.

SFbear
11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Craig Steltz and Josh Bullocks are starting. Awesome.

BeerBaron
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Woot Woot! 4-12 here we come.....couldn't even see the game (**** you Comcast) but I know just how bad it went by the stats alone. Cutler with 5 picks and Forte with 2 ypc just sums it up perfectly.

sweetness34
11-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Asking a gunslinger to throw 50 times a game with 2ypc on the ground by his running backs is going to end in disaster. This offense is set up for Jay to fail.

Lovie Smith and Ron Turner need to be fired tomorrow. Promote Marinelli and make Pep Hamilton the OC. It's not like we're going anywhere this year anyway with what we have so we might as well rock the boat a little and see what happens.

BeerBaron
11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Promote Marinelli...see what happens.

Haha, this is so extreme....

regoob2
11-13-2009, 12:03 AM
I do what I can.

What's the Word on that GIlbert cat who jumped out da poo? What's he done?
The same thing as last week. Search before you post.

regoob2
11-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Asking a gunslinger to throw 50 times a game with 2ypc on the ground by his running backs is going to end in disaster. This offense is set up for Jay to fail.

Lovie Smith and Ron Turner need to be fired tomorrow. Promote Marinelli and make Pep Hamilton the OC. It's not like we're going anywhere this year anyway with what we have so we might as well rock the boat a little and see what happens.
They needed to be fired yesterday.

MidwayMonster31
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
The offense is designed perfectly for Cutler's weaknesses.

Gay Ork Wang
11-13-2009, 10:18 AM
we should hire ron Turner as a consultant. Let him give us his gameplan/playbook/playcalls and just do the exact opposite. this would be a great setup for a superbowl run.

regoob2
11-13-2009, 11:07 AM
We are playing terrible footbal right now. We just don't have the players to be successful.

sporzy
11-13-2009, 11:37 AM
At what point do you start giving some reps to guys like Aromashodu, Jarron Gilbert, Gaines Adams, Kevin Shaffer, etc?

Gay Ork Wang
11-13-2009, 11:38 AM
At what point do you start giving some reps to guys like Aromashodu, Jarron Gilbert, Gaines Adams, Kevin Shaffer, etc?
When we fired Lovie

bearsfan_51
11-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Fire everybody.

regoob2
11-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Fire everybody.This will be our 3rd consecutive season not making the playoffs. It doesnt appear we have the young talent to turn it around. Someone has to be blamed for that.

BeerBaron
11-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Just read on PFT that it might make sense dollar-wise to get rid of the coaches but keep JA (wouldn't have to buy him out) to be the GM to Shanny, who might be willing to return in a HC only role.

If we want the most out of Cutler and we want an o-line built to have a run game, he would be a pretty fantastic fit. Then keep JA for his pretty decent defensive player drafting skills and see what happens.

Smokey Joe
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Call me crazy, but I have no problem with getting dominated by other teams from here on out. The only way I see Lovie and co getting fired is if we completely suck. We sucked the previous two years, and I feel if we somehow make it to 7-9 again, we'll see Lovie back here again, and that is a situation I do not want.

I've been hoping for Shanny for a while. Makes perfect sense: Offensive genius, drafted Cutler and helped turn him into the stud he is, and he's from Illinois. Also, as BeerBaron stated, he could easily turn around the OLine.

As for JA, I would prefer him gone as well, but whatever. Have Shanny with complete control over the offense, and hire someone who is well qualified to be the DC. Who, I'm not sure.

BeerBaron
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm never in favor of getting dominated...

Smokey Joe
11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm never in favor of getting dominated...
Im in favor of whatever is best for the team in the long run. I think a short term of sucking is worth it if it means we get a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and maybe front office, and turn the team around for good. I want a ******* dynasty, I'm sick and tired of this one good year, 3-5 ****** years in a row ********.

We go 7-9 and only suck, Lovie might stay. We go 5-11, that only increases the chance of us getting a whole new coaching staff.

It's not like we are a good team that is struggling. This is a BAD team playing BAD.

Gay Ork Wang
11-22-2009, 04:26 AM
lol for Obama and the bears jacket

Monomach
11-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, I don't really see the old bag eating Lovie's contract, but I could see Ron Turner finally getting the boot.

All aboard the Charlie-Weis-for-O-coordinator bandwagon!

regoob2
11-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, I don't really see the old bag eating Lovie's contract, but I could see Ron Turner finally getting the boot.

All aboard the Charlie-Weis-for-O-coordinator bandwagon!
Im aboard that!

sweetness34
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
34-17 is my prediction for tonight's game, and we aren't on the good side of that 34.

I see the Eagles blitzing all day long, our running game sucking and Jay on his back. I also see our inconsistent defense ******** down their legs. They have a good week then go to suck-fest the next. This is suck-fest week.

If we lose this game I say we fire Lovie and promote Marinelli to Head Coach. I'm a firm believer that Rod could be a good Head Coach with some talent around him and he's a guy that players would die for. Plus he brings some intensity, which this team desperately needs.

I don't know if it would work but I do know that this team is going nowhere with Lovie Smith at the helm.

sweetness34
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
The offense is designed perfectly for Cutler's weaknesses.

Good post and I agree. Jay makes dumb decisions, there's no doubt about that. He's a guy who takes risks and sometimes they come back and bite him in the ass. But he's also a guy who would thrive with a good OL and a good run game to take the pressure off.

The only way we can move the ball right now is by Jay passing it downfield. That plus an OL that doesn't pass block very well is a combination for disaster.

I say we put AP in the backfield, split Forte out wide, and see if we can get him the ball in space. He's a helluva receiver and we haven't used him nearly enough in the passing game. AP is more likely to get positive yards because of his running style too. He's a good YAC guy and he's actually done fairly well in a limited amount of carriers this season.

Gay Ork Wang
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
yay for mediocrity! we still play the Rams, could squeeze one out against the Lions. maybe packers. So we go 7-9 or 6-10 and lovie stays. **** that

sweetness34
11-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Still thought Olsen should've had that first one.

Can't miss open receivers. Can't have a **** run game apart from a couple nice gainers. Can't have guys missing their gaps. Can't have dumbass penalties.

This team is inept like a ************.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2009, 04:40 AM
the penalties were the worst. 64 ******* yards

Monomach
11-24-2009, 10:25 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/129270-cowher-to-bears-or-texans?eref=sihp

Never happen...but admit it: you all just got a bit of a stiffy.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2009, 10:54 AM
well what it shows that it wont be Cowher who would turn down the job but rather the organization not willing to give it to him

SFbear
11-24-2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/129270-cowher-to-bears-or-texans?eref=sihp

Never happen...but admit it: you all just got a bit of a stiffy.

Not really unless of course Dick LeBeau comes with him. Cowher was on his way to become Marty Shottenheimer Jr. until the year they took out Carson Palmer's knee the first drive and Vanderjagt missed the chip shot field goal. He would probably be a good coach who could put together a good hard nosed squad but Id have to worry about how much of his success was because of the brilliant DC standing behind him. Definitely an upgrade but not super excited at the prospect especially if we have to switch to a 3-4 w/o a proven DC.

And you're right it won't happen.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Not really unless of course Dick LeBeau comes with him. Cowher was on his way to become Marty Shottenheimer Jr. until the year they took out Carson Palmer's knee the first drive and Vanderjagt missed the chip shot field goal. He would probably be a good coach who could put together a good hard nosed squad but Id have to worry about how much of his success was because of the brilliant DC standing behind him. Definitely an upgrade but not super excited at the prospect especially if we have to switch to a 3-4 w/o a proven DC.

And you're right it won't happen.
Thats why i want shanahan. He obviously had his hands in Cutlers success

bearsfan_51
11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah I don't want Cowher. He just doesn't seem like he has any fire to coach now. I don't care what you've done, I care what you're going to do for my team, and I just don't see it with him.

SFbear
11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Thats why i want shanahan. He obviously had his hands in Cutlers success

If we really want to commit to our investment in Cutler, some combination of Mike Shanahan, Gary Kubiak(If he gets fired), or Jeremy Bates would be ideal.

I'm not an expert on the ZBS but I feel like Williams, Beekman, Kreutz, and Garza would benefit from the scheme change since they can all move pretty well but don't have the strength to push blockers out of the way in the power running game. Pace obviously wouldn't but he doesn't really fit any scheme anymore and he should be cut. Forte used to be pretty good about not dancing in the back field and just hitting what was open even though he's been hesitant this year.

I think with the ZBS, a couple later round Olineman in the draft, and a big body WR in FA (Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd) we might be able turn the offense around pretty quickly.

Edit: Guess who got driven back on the blocked field goal at 3:06 here
http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d8146a4b0/Eagles-24-Bears-20

Monomach
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Edit: Guess who got driven back on the blocked field goal at 3:06 here
http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d8146a4b0/Eagles-24-Bears-20

Ha! Didn't notice that before. Crappy guard's crappy superpowers can crap up the game even on special teams. I'm in awe of his abilities. He's like a superhero of crap.

Gay Ork Wang
11-25-2009, 01:11 AM
he ******* lost me my fantasy football game

regoob2
11-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Not a fan of Garza in a zbs.

BeerBaron
11-25-2009, 11:02 AM
The good thing about running a true ZBS would be the availability of lineman who fit in the later rounds. Shanny made a lot of late round and undrafted o-lineman into ZBS studs in Denver, and I think guys like Williams, Beekman and maybe even crappy guard could already fit pretty well.

And I think Forte's running style would make him a beast in it too.

Gay Ork Wang
11-25-2009, 02:54 PM
i wonder if crappy guard could turn into average tackle if we move him

Smokey Joe
11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
we already run and use a lot of zone blocking schemes... it's the personal that we have out that is the problem, not the scheme.

Gay Ork Wang
11-26-2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-anatomy-of-a-play/09000d5d8147c6e3/WK-11-Anatomy-D-Jack-Deep-Ball

being predictable is *******

bearsfan_51
11-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Fire everybody.

Gay Ork Wang
11-29-2009, 05:54 PM
actually fire everybody, resign everyone and fire them again

MidwayMonster31
11-29-2009, 06:55 PM
That was... balls. This team looked more clueless than ever. I think everyone needs to go. I doubt we will beat St. Louis next week. The Rams are actually showing signs of getting better. The Bears have been sucking worse every week.

Monomach
11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
That's some sweet pass defense right there.

Also; fire everybody.

BeerBaron
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Out with em all. Front office, coaches, and all expendable players. Total rebuilding effort with a new GM and coaching staff around Cutler needs to happen.

Smokey Joe
11-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Wow, not only fire everybody... but hopefully cut everyone who plays both OL and DL.

Did we seriously give up a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams? My god, that is the icing on a terrible year.

Fire absolutely everyone.

regoob2
11-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I thought Gaines has played well in the handful of plays he's in the game. He seems to get doubled a lot.

Monomach
11-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow, not only fire everybody... but hopefully cut everyone who plays both OL and DL.

Did we seriously give up a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams? My god, that is the icing on a terrible year.

Fire absolutely everyone.

Well, not everyone on the lines...We at least have to see how Williams and Shaffer do at their natural spots rather than the ones we forced them into this season. I mean, Williams is a finesse tackle playing where a bulldozer of a man is supposed to be, and Shaffer, as I recall, was a pretty decent run blocker on the right side in Cleveland.

...and I don't hate Marcus Harrison or Alex Brown, really. We'll probably need Gaines Adams for when we go to a 3-4 defense, too. :p

BeerBaron
11-30-2009, 06:56 PM
I'd be for gutting much of the team along with a coach and GM change. Keep Cutler, Adams and our recent high draft picks like Williams, Forte, Olsen, etc and the other younger guys on both sides of the ball who've started to develop, but start to phase out anyone over 30 or anyone who doesn't fit into the new coaches scheme.

On another note, I was daydreaming in class today about how awesome a Cowher coached defense with Weis as the OC would be but those guys are going to make a lot more money somewhere other than Chicago....

Shanny with Kubiak as the OC and.....just someone new and different as DC would be my favorite scenario.

sweetness34
12-01-2009, 02:43 PM
It all starts up top with Virginia. She needs to relinquish ownership of the team and get rid of the McCaskey family. Ted Phillips is okay but I think even he could go. I'm a fan of Angelo but he's **** the bed with some of his recent moves. The saving grace he has is the acquisition of Cutler and some good mid-round drafting. Love and his staff needs to be fired. Hell, they needed to be fired after the 49ers game.

And now we have Urlacher spouting off about how we don't run the ball enough and how we won with Orton at Quarterback.

This team is a train wreck right now.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Ted Phillips' job has almost nothing to do with the football end of the team. To blame him for any of this is rather silly. I'd like to see the McCaskey family sell the team, but that simply isn't going to happen, at least not until Virginia dies. They deserve the right to own the team they founded (hell, they practically founded the league).

regoob2
12-01-2009, 04:30 PM
We likely signed Cato June.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4704413

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2009, 04:43 PM
great. how about we try to sign some more Tampa Bay Buccaneers that havent done a lot

SFbear
12-01-2009, 06:46 PM
We likely signed Cato June.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4704413

I wonder if this means Briggs is hurt.

BeerBaron
12-01-2009, 10:02 PM
I wonder if this means Briggs is hurt.

My thoughts exactly....and if he's done, I wonder if we'll even be able to top the Rams this week.

Gay Ork Wang
12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
they are saying its not season ending.

Nonetheless.

**** PETER KING

SFbear
12-02-2009, 01:45 PM
We get to see Chris Williams at LT this week. It will definitely be good to see what we have with him before going into the off season. If he is bust we are royally screwed. You don't find LTs in FA or in the later rounds of the draft and it could set us back a few years. Cutler isn't going to last that long confidence wise or health wise.

Gay Ork Wang
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
at RT at least, he looked good pass blocking, i dont remember him getting beat badly a lot of times

MidwayMonster31
12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Playing the players at the positions that they are familiar with. There's a concept that works. Let's hope he remembers how to do it. At least St. Louis doesn't have a very strong pass rush.

SFbear
12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I enjoyed this article on Cutler's struggles. Ron Turner get eviscerated which is always fun.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2009/cover-1-whats-wrong-jay-cutler
"...but I was astonished to see Pace get no help with Allen on any of those plays. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner managed to combine the protection leakage of wide sets with the inflexible non-production of a quick-screen-only offense. It was mind-blowing."

MidwayMonster31
12-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Good analysis on that article. The Bears need an overhaul, preferably purging, in the coaching staff.

Gay Ork Wang
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Die Ron Turner, just die horribly.

We need a guy who can either fix the mechanics, or someone who has any idea about offensive scheming whatsoever

regoob2
12-02-2009, 09:13 PM
at RT at least, he looked good pass blocking, i dont remember him getting beat badly a lot of timesHe leads the team in sacks allowed and penalties.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 09:14 PM
We get to see Chris Williams at LT this week. It will definitely be good to see what we have with him before going into the off season. If he is bust we are royally screwed. You don't find LTs in FA or in the later rounds of the draft and it could set us back a few years. Cutler isn't going to last that long confidence wise or health wise.
So I assume Shaffer at RT. Well this will likely be our starting OL for next season. Obviously they need time to gel but we'll see.

MidwayMonster31
12-02-2009, 09:42 PM
So I assume Shaffer at RT. Well this will likely be our starting OL for next season. Obviously they need time to gel but we'll see.We have to spend our first two picks on O-lineman. Mitch Petrus and Adam Ulatoski would sound nice.
Trying to patch up the offensive line with backups and has-beens has gotten us into this mess.

bearsfan_51
12-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Spending 3rd and 4th rounders is basically the exact same thing.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I dont see drafting a OL in this upcoming draft doing a lot of good for next years starting OL or even the year after. When you pick a guy around pick 75 or 100 you cant expect him to contribute right away. Especially if you want him to be a good quality starting O-lineman.

Monomach
12-03-2009, 12:52 AM

If there is a new CBA, there's always the option of Marcus McNeill.

Of course, that's going to cost 6 years / 60 million. :eek:

MidwayMonster31
12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Slow day today. The only post in our thread today was a spammer. Apparently Payne is starting at free safety. I wonder how Payne and Afalava will work together.

sweetness34
12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
So, if we lose this game I'm going to Halas Hall...kidnap Lovie Smith...beat him with rocks...take him to Lake Michigan...beat him with sticks....and send him to the depths to rot with the fishes and whatever else is down there.

BeerBaron
12-05-2009, 02:47 AM
So, if we lose this game I'm going to Halas Hall...kidnap Lovie Smith...beat him with rocks...take him to Lake Michigan...beat him with sticks....and send him to the depths to rot with the fishes and whatever else is down there.

Ok....that's really terrible.....

It's one thing for them to be awful and lose, but I'm not wanting to see anyone dead at the bottom of a lake...

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 03:32 AM
I'm just dropping by to tell you guys Good Luck on Sunday. You guys have had a lot of injuries this season but are still a scary team. We're, well... obviously rebuilding and have had a lot of injures.

But I wish for a injury free, good game of football.

Good Luck guys!

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Im not sure if you missed the forum, but the bears are not a scary team

regoob2
12-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm just dropping by to tell you guys Good Luck on Sunday. You guys have had a lot of injuries this season but are still a scary team. We're, well... obviously rebuilding and have had a lot of injures.

But I wish for a injury free, good game of football.

Good Luck guys!
If the Rams can win any game its this one. Bears are playing horrible football right now.

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 12:06 PM
If the Rams can win any game its this one. Bears are playing horrible football right now.
Welcome to the last 3 years of the life of a Rams fan.

The Bears cannot be that bad can they? I know, record wise they aren't great.. but I'd still be scared of the Bears, even if St. Louis was 8 - 4 or 12-0. It's a team that I NEVER take lightly. You guys still have the talent to just go off on someone.

MidwayMonster31
12-05-2009, 12:15 PM
No we don't.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the last 3 years of the life of a Rams fan.

The Bears cannot be that bad can they? I know, record wise they aren't great.. but I'd still be scared of the Bears, even if St. Louis was 8 - 4 or 12-0. It's a team that I NEVER take lightly. You guys still have the talent to just go off on someone.
what is this talent you speak off

bearsfan_51
12-05-2009, 01:10 PM
We suck, but we should still crush the Rams.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 01:10 PM
"should"...

BeerBaron
12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
I get what he's saying though. If the stars align just right, Cutler is capable of hitting our receivers who are capable of making big plays and could easily go off on a ****** team for 5 TDs.

That's why I still have faith in him, we just need an offensive coach who can build an o-line to protect him and call plays that go towards his strengths.

datchapin
12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Zup guys. I had a question. How much impact do you think the coaching had on the bad play of the QB's on your team? The reason I ask is Grossman is our backup. After seeing Cutler's performance on your team, I wondered if maybe Grossman could be successful under a different system.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Zup guys. I had a question. How much impact do you think the coaching had on the bad play of the QB's on your team? The reason I ask is Grossman is our backup. After seeing Cutler's performance on your team, I wondered if maybe Grossman could be successful under a different system.
i think it is a big reason. but grossman made really bad decisions with a decent line and a running game.

this link from upside:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2009/cover-1-whats-wrong-jay-cutler

just showing you how ron turner mishandles jay

regoob2
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Cutler has no contact with our QB coach because "He has no respect for him".
Our OC is one of the worst in the NFL and will likely be fired at the end of the season.
We dont have any WRs or TEs that can make plays on the football.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Cutler has no contact with our QB coach because "He has no respect for him".

where do you have that from

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
You should crush us, yes. We're a very young team that just lacks talent, but we have a ton of heart and energy.

But I wouldn't give up on Cutler, he's a proven QB. I'd kill to have him.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 08:07 PM
You should crush us, yes. We're a very young team that just lacks talent, but we have a ton of heart and energy.

But I wouldn't give up on Cutler, he's a proven QB. I'd kill to have him.
we are not. we are giving up on the coaching staff and the OL

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
we are not. we are giving up on the coaching staff and the OL
Remember when everyone was upset and surprised that the Rams released Orlando Pace?

I think Lovie is a good coach, he just needs to get rid of some of his assistants ( Mostly the OC ). Maybe he'll bring in Mike Martz to work with him again? Jay Cutler would go crazy in that scheme.

sweetness34
12-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Ok....that's really terrible.....

It's one thing for them to be awful and lose, but I'm not wanting to see anyone dead at the bottom of a lake...

I wasn't being serious. Well, maybe I was. I am tempted to go to Halas Hall though if we lose and kick Lovie in the balls.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
it would be horrible cause that would make Cutler throw even more balls and learn a whole new language, which is what Martz' playbook is supposed to be

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
it would be horrible cause that would make Cutler throw even more balls and learn a whole new language, which is what Martz' playbook is supposed to be
I suppose I need to email this to Jay then, so he can get a head start.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19981254/2001-St-Louis-Rams-Playbook

Monomach
12-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Remember when everyone was upset and surprised that the Rams released Orlando Pace?

I think Lovie is a good coach, he just needs to get rid of some of his assistants ( Mostly the OC ). Maybe he'll bring in Mike Martz to work with him again? Jay Cutler would go crazy in that scheme.

Lovie is one of the worst in-game coaches in the league. He has never been a good head coach.

Example 1 (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=hmq&q=lovie+smith+stupid+timeout+seahawks+hail+mary&aq=f&oq=&aqi=)

Example 2 (http://www.google.com/search?q=lovie+smith+challenge&btnG=Search&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=JXB&sa=2)

Example 3 (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=2tq&q=dan+bazuin+michael+okwo+lovie+smith&aq=f&oq=&aqi=)

Example 4 (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=7uq&ei=RFYbS9D5KdSlnQfS5oXXAw&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAcQvwUoAQ&&q=rex+is+our+quarterback&spell=1)

Example 5 (http://www.google.com/search?q=tampa+2+is+dead&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

Even in his two successful seasons here, he didn't call the defense. He made the mistake of firing the guy who did that so that he could give a coordinator job to a guy he owed a favor. See, Lovie's son got kicked out of Arizona for selling stolen books to the school's bookstore. Babich got him into North Dakota State. Lovie owed him and paid him back in a big way. From 2-8 in a division II school to linebackers coach and defensive coordinator of a team coming off a Super Bowl appearance.

Oh, that criminal kid of Lovie's that I mentioned? Lovie hired him onto the coaching staff, too.

I think maybe Lovie could still be a linebackers coach or something, but I wouldn't want him head coaching or coordinating any team of mine.

Gay Ork Wang
12-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Lance Briggs and gaines adams are inactive.

We might see Gilbert today

sweetness34
12-06-2009, 03:04 PM
We are ******* terrible. I don't think I've ever been this down after a win. St. Louis is a really bad team and had a chance to tie this game up on their last drive.

I guess a win is a win though. :(

bearsfan_51
12-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Bad times to be a Bears fan. Bad times indeed.The good news is that the core of the team is still pretty young. We could cut Urlacher, Pace, Kruetz, Desmond Clark, and let O-Gun walk, and we've still got most of the team intact and with the better part of their careers ahead of them.

The bad news is that might not be saying that much. Cutler can still be a solid starting QB in the league, but the top 10 talk was simply premature. I've never been a huge fan of Forte (wasn't a huge fan of Eddie George either). He is what he is, but it's not very good. Chris Williams looks like a bust, etc.

I dunno. There's still some talent to be had. But I don't envy the guy who takes this team on next year. I used to be a huge Jerry Angelo fan, but he simply hasn't made enough late round gems the last few years to make up for some of his bigger mistakes.

HawkeyeFan
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Bad times for Bears fans? Are you being for real? The Rams have been in the gutters the last 3 years, and today had a game in which we had the ball 9 times in your territory, and got 3 Field Goals.

The Pat Shurmur, Rams offense is just horrible. Us Rams fans predicted each play ahead of the time.

Great game guys, good luck in the future!

Gay Ork Wang
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Bad times for Bears fans? Are you being for real? The Rams have been in the gutters the last 3 years, and today had a game in which we had the ball 9 times in your territory, and got 3 Field Goals.

The Pat Shurmur, Rams offense is just horrible. Us Rams fans predicted each play ahead of the time.

Great game guys, good luck in the future!
just because we suck, doesnt mean you cant suck harder.

HawkeyeFan
12-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Sucking, and underachieving are two different things. Your underachieving.

regoob2
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Sucking, and underachieving are two different things. Your underachieving.Which is even more frustrating.

HawkeyeFan
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Which is even more frustrating.
True, but I'd rather underachieve than suck. Your a hell of a lot closer to winning when you underachieve, than when you suck.

sweetness34
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Hell no, I'd rather suck than underachieve. At least you guys know you have a lack of talent on your roster so losing really doesn't hurt that bad because it's expected. Knowing we should be playing a lot better than we are is like a kick in the nuts. The talent on this team is to damn good to be 5-7.

I would much rather sit through the Bulls games in their post-Jordan years of suckage than watch this Bears team **** down their legs every week. I could at least understand why the Bulls were losing, it was because they didn't have very good players. We have good players on this team that are held down by a ****** coach and a ****** organization.

Just my opinion though.

Monomach
12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Sucking, and underachieving are two different things. Your underachieving.

When a player or team underachieve for three straight years, they suck.

Otherwise, every ****** player the NFL has ever seen was just an underachiever.

Guys like Tommie Harris aren't underachieving. His knees are shot and he's done. He's Kyle Boller.

dabears10
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I am dreaming of Anquan Boldin in a bears uniform. It would be nice. Not likely to happen, but it would be nice.

Monomach
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I am dreaming of Anquan Boldin in a bears uniform. It would be nice. Not likely to happen, but it would be nice.

We should send them a bunch of 2006 game tape and then offer Hester and Harris for him.

regoob2
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I'd break the bank for Logan Mankins and Antonio Bryant!

SFbear
12-07-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/1924692,CST-SPT-nd07.article

"A source close to Charlie Weis confirmed that the former Notre Dame coach would be interested in the Bears' offensive coordinator position if it were to become available after this season."

I've never really known what to think about Weis as an OC. Was he just another overrated Belichick disciple? Could he work with Cutler given that McDaniels didn't think Cutler could fit in their scheme?

dabears10
12-07-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/1924692,CST-SPT-nd07.article

"A source close to Charlie Weis confirmed that the former Notre Dame coach would be interested in the Bears' offensive coordinator position if it were to become available after this season."

I've never really known what to think about Weis as an OC. Was he just another overrated Belichick disciple? Could he work with Cutler given that McDaniels didn't think Cutler could fit in their scheme?

I don't think McDaniels thought that Cutler couldn't work for the scheme, but wanted a guy he knew who COULD run the scheme right off the bat. Weis seems to throw the long ball more often than McDaniels did with similar mismatches (Moss in the NFL, Tate and Floyd in College), which would be best for Cutler. However, I do not think that Weis would improve the OLine woes we are facing.

sweetness34
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
We should send them a bunch of 2006 game tape and then offer Hester and Harris for him.

I was thinking Urlacher and Hester for Boldin and a draft pick.

Dr.Acula
12-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't think Weis would be a bad option for an OC. He did a good job at New England and Offense wasn't really the issue at ND, I know its college but it was still a high scoring offense most of the time. What I think would be the most attractive quality would be the way he developed Qb's Brady, Quinn and Clausen all improved with him as their coach. I would have hopes he could do the same with Cutler because he clearly seems talented and hopefully Weis could refine his mechanics and help Cutler reach his fully potential. Charlie also likes to throw downfield and I think that would suit Hester and Knox. Throughout his tenure at ND he also like to utilize the tight end, so maybe the Bears would be able to get some more production out of Olsen. However for most of this to work the Bears have to address the O-line issues.

Monomach
12-07-2009, 03:48 PM
I was thinking Urlacher and Hester for Boldin and a draft pick.

I think they'd laugh at that offer, even if there were no pick coming back with Boldin.

Urlacher hasn't looked good for a while now. By the time of the trade, he'll have been off the field for a season. His remaining contract is 7 mil / 8 mil / 8 mil. Hester is obviously not a replacement for Boldin, yet he's making 6 mil next year to Boldin's 3.

So the conversation would be like "Hey, Cardinals! We'll let you make a huge downgrade at receiver if you take over a crippling amount of dead salary!"

Sadly, the only people on this team with real trade value are Cutler and Briggs, and we need to keep both of them. It's time to hit that free agent pool.

Monomach
12-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't think Weis would be a bad option for an OC. He did a good job at New England and Offense wasn't really the issue at ND, I know its college but it was still a high scoring offense most of the time. What I think would be the most attractive quality would be the way he developed Qb's Brady, Quinn and Clausen all improved with him as their coach. I would have hopes he could do the same with Cutler because he clearly seems talented and hopefully Weis could refine his mechanics and help Cutler reach his fully potential. Charlie also likes to throw downfield and I think that would suit Hester and Knox. Throughout his tenure at ND he also like to utilize the tight end, so maybe the Bears would be able to get some more production out of Olsen. However for most of this to work the Bears have to address the O-line issues.

Weis would be a fine OC. Unfortunately, as big a problem as the offense is, the defense is worse. Against real teams, they give up points by the bucketload. They even let the Lions pass all over them. :(

I'm all for firing everyone, hiring one of the big names, and letting him decide what to do coordinator-wise.

SFbear
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I didn't catch the game but how did Chris Williams play? Did Jarron Gilbert play at all? I haven't seen much written about either but apparently Jamar Williams and Kevin Payne played well. Of course it was the Rams, etc.

I'll have to assume that Gaines Adams on the inactive list is probably not a sign that he is improving. God i hate that trade.

Gay Ork Wang
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I didn't catch the game but how did Chris Williams play? Did Jarron Gilbert play at all? I haven't seen much written about either but apparently Jamar Williams and Kevin Payne played well. Of course it was the Rams, etc.

I'll have to assume that Gaines Adams on the inactive list is probably not a sign that he is improving. God i hate that trade.
Chris Williams was average. i hope its just him needing some time on the left side. Long beat him to the point on a couple of occaissons but he also did seal the edge fairly well.

sweetness34
12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I think they'd laugh at that offer, even if there were no pick coming back with Boldin.

Urlacher hasn't looked good for a while now. By the time of the trade, he'll have been off the field for a season. His remaining contract is 7 mil / 8 mil / 8 mil. Hester is obviously not a replacement for Boldin, yet he's making 6 mil next year to Boldin's 3.

So the conversation would be like "Hey, Cardinals! We'll let you make a huge downgrade at receiver if you take over a crippling amount of dead salary!"

Sadly, the only people on this team with real trade value are Cutler and Briggs, and we need to keep both of them. It's time to hit that free agent pool.

I don't think they'd laugh at it. Urlacher can still play at a high level. He may not be elite anymore but he would certainly be an upgrade at the LB position for them (everyone besides Dansby at least). Hester would also do extremely well play alongside Fitz and Breaston in a pass happy offense. From what I was hearing, Urlacher looked in very good shape coming into the season so I think he still has some years left in him.

I think they'd end up asking for Briggs instead but it's worth a shot.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
If SD can't bring back Marcus McNeil for whatever reason, I think its a no brainer that you guys have to pick him up in the offseason.

Shoot, going after a guard like Evans or Mankins along with McNeil wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Id rather spend the money on linemen than one of the FA WRs available. This FA class really can address some of your needs if they are available. It would make having no draft picks a little more tolerable.

SFbear
12-08-2009, 12:59 PM
If SD can't bring back Marcus McNeil for whatever reason, I think its a no brainer that you guys have to pick him up in the offseason.

Shoot, going after a guard like Evans or Mankins along with McNeil wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Id rather spend the money on linemen than one of the FA WRs available. This FA class really can address some of your needs if they are available. It would make having no draft picks a little more tolerable.

Well I think were stuck with Chris Williams at LT for at least another year unless he is atrocious over the next couple weeks. McNeil would be great for the right side but I'd have to imagine if he hits the market someone would give him LT money. Plus having two tackles with back issues is just asking for trouble especially with our luck.

Addressing the oline with FA cast offs has been basically been our m.o. and this year we don't really have a choice. It's not like we know how to draft and develop lineman anyway.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't want to cut the cord on Williams after one year of playing.

MidwayMonster31
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Personally, I think guard is a bigger problem than tackle. I would rather sign Mankins than McNeil. I think that Williams should get better as he gets more experience and adds strength. Shaffer can last one more year and would make a good backup after that.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I agree. Omiyale and Beekman can still have some value on the team as versatile backups, but neither should really be starting at guard.

regoob2
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
If we can bring in a proven quality starter at LG I'd be happy with that. Cutler is very good at escaping pressure. It's when there's multiple pass rushers running free is when he has no chance.

On the Bennett 70 yarder Williams got beat but he was all to step up and make the throw. He doesn't need all day just something.

BeerBaron
12-08-2009, 09:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/nfl-nixes-bears-blackhawks-partnership/

We can't do anything right.

regoob2
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
What's the downside of advertising together? Who cares.

TitleTown088
12-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Packers-Bears tomorrow and not even a word about it around here. What happened to good old days of fans crying after the game around here and BF51 telling us all Packers had AIDS. What gives?

dabears10
12-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Packers-Bears tomorrow and not even a word about it around here. What happened to good old days of fans crying after the game around here and BF51 telling us all Packers had AIDS. What gives?

I hope the Bears win, but there is no logical way it could happen.

MidwayMonster31
12-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Packers-Bears tomorrow and not even a word about it around here. What happened to good old days of fans crying after the game around here and BF51 telling us all Packers had AIDS. What gives?We stopped giving a **** about this year.

Monomach
12-12-2009, 10:58 PM
People are still playing football?

TitleTown088
12-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I hope the Bears win, but there is no logical way it could happen.

Whens the last time the Packers won in Chicago? The year when Chicago started their starters?

Bearsfan123
12-12-2009, 11:45 PM
im going 2 the game ^_^

Gay Ork Wang
12-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Whens the last time the Packers won in Chicago? The year when Chicago started their starters?
Proven fact:

Cutler has never won against the packers in a bears uniform.

INDISPUTABLE

regoob2
12-13-2009, 10:37 AM
We're terrible.

When we get rid of Ron Turner we'll be optimistic.

Thats AIDS thing is true though......

regoob2
12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Hester is out. Aromashadu (sp) is starting? Really?

BeerBaron
12-13-2009, 11:07 AM
So do we actually stand a chance today or is our defense just going to not show up while our line fails to protect?

This is one of the many things that bothers me about Lovie and the staff...we just don't seem to pull many surprise wins. We clobber terrible teams, are about 50/50 with teams on our level, and then we just never seem to upset teams we are expected to lose to under Lovie. I just can't think of many times that we have in the past and that bugs me...

Monomach
12-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Yet another week, yet another call to fire everyone.

For the love of god, please, please, please fire everyone.