PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26

MidwayMonster31
09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
The biggest problems with going to 3-4 are that it will take several drafts to transition to a 3-4, see Kansas City. Briggs is our best player and he doesn't shed blocks well, Idojine might be able to play one end, but Harris would get clobbered on the other side. Melton might be able to play rush linebacker, but getting the personnel will take a while.

BeerBaron
09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
The biggest problems with going to 3-4 are that it will take several drafts to transition to a 3-4, see Kansas City. Briggs is our best player and he doesn't shed blocks well, Idojine might be able to play one end, but Harris would get clobbered on the other side. Melton might be able to play rush linebacker, but getting the personnel will take a while.

And like i said, with so many teams already running plus the possibility of others switching to it, there will be huge demand for the players who fit making it take so much longer.

GB12
09-10-2010, 01:59 PM
I really do not like Peppers in a 3-4. I just don't think it would work. That's why I wanted no part of him in free agency. Not that we'd ever sign him anyway.

Gay Ork Wang
09-10-2010, 06:53 PM
i hope we get Gregg Williams as our HC next year...

SFbear
09-10-2010, 07:02 PM

He's probably one of the guys who are better coordinators than HCs. He was 17-31 with the Bills and was known for making horrible in-game decisions.

BeerBaron
09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I'd rather an offensive guy. Gruden would be my prime choice....I'd even take Brian Billick. Just someone who won't keep trying to play god with the defense and keep ******* it up. Also someone who won't keep consciously ignoring the offensive line for god damn UTs and SSs. It pisses me off so much to think about......

sweetness34
09-10-2010, 09:54 PM

**** no. Williams is a terrible head coach. Fantastic defensive coordinator, but he has no business running a team. He blew monkey nuts in Buffalo.

I want Billick, Cowher or Gruden. Me personally, I want a coach with some fire and intensity, basically the anti-Lovie.

BeerBaron
09-10-2010, 10:19 PM
**** no. Williams is a terrible head coach. Fantastic defensive coordinator, but he has no business running a team. He blew monkey nuts in Buffalo.

I want Billick, Cowher or Gruden. Me personally, I want a coach with some fire and intensity, basically the anti-Lovie.

I want the anti-Lovie too but **** no to Cowher. For too long I watched him spitting up a storm on the sideline while Dick Lebeau made that defense into a Superbowl caliber one. Cowher doesn't have a ring without him.....Lebeau now has 2. Plus he'd almost certainly install a 3-4 and demand to have GM powers.

Gruden then Billick are my two favs. Experience, Super Bowl rings, more intensity than Lovie, offensive minded.....them at HC and some young hot shot at DC to rebuild it from scratch. Honestly, I'm not too attached to any player on it anymore.

Gay Ork Wang
09-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Who doesnt blow monkey nuts in Buffalo

regoob2
09-11-2010, 07:17 PM
It's Gruden or bust for me. I love everything about him.

BeerBaron
09-12-2010, 11:49 AM
God we need to beat the Lions.

princefielder28
09-12-2010, 12:24 PM
1 interception for Cutler...

Tom Jackson forecasted 32 for him this year

bearsfan_51
09-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Defense is playing well, just getting bad field position.

BeerBaron
09-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Whelp. It's time to kill Lovie.

Mr. X
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
We lost that game, anyone who defends that stupid rule need not argue.

BeerBaron
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
We lost that game, anyone who defends that stupid rule need not argue.

I mean, I'll take the win since we probably won't get many others. Dumb as all hell rule though.....

Lousy lousy lousy coaching today. Defense played great all game then went to **** and made Shaun Hill look like Joe Montana on that last drive. Bad turnovers, stupid calls........

Sigh. Gonna be a long year.

Mr. X
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
What really bothers me is that I saw three things that made that a TD catch:

1) Johnson had both feet inbounds
2) His body made contact with the ground well before the ball/hand
3) The amount of time he held the ball was adequate enough given 1 and 2 that there should be no questioning the catch.

I don't understand the going for 7 on the goal line when a field goal would've put us up. Chalk up that game to a bad ruling on the field letting us get by. I don't expect us to win more than 5 more games at best.

Gay Ork Wang
09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
the thing is it is interpreted has the ground jarred it loose. it doesnt matter how long u have position, u have to have it when it tocuhes the ground, it took a split second to letting it loose.

BRAVEHEART
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
the thing is it is interpreted has the ground jarred it loose. it doesnt matter how long u have position, u have to have it when it tocuhes the ground, it took a split second to letting it loose.

You really wanna believe that? Ya'll got the W, but you really wanna say that was a no catch?

Gay Ork Wang
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
You really wanna believe that? Ya'll got the W, but you really wanna say that was a no catch?
by the rules its not. by what i saw, it was one.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Oline still looked bad. Johnny still goes the wrong way. Jay still throws into triple coverage. I still love em.

But cmon.

bearsfan_51
09-12-2010, 03:47 PM
We won the ******* game.

noondog
09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
by the rules its not. by what i saw, it was one.

Sry to troll, but I had to see what you guys were saying about that call. I mean....ugh. There's no way that I can believe that's how the rule is meant to be interpreted. That's gross.

Gay Ork Wang
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
no problem, its just a matter of standpoint i assume, this one was so much in the grey area, so either way i wouldve been fine, i mean mike Pereira said its the right call so i guess its the rule thats ****** up not the call

Monomach
09-12-2010, 04:24 PM
1. Fire Lovie. What a moron!
2. Fire the O-line. They suck.
3. In the real world, we lost that game.

Gay Ork Wang
09-12-2010, 04:43 PM
actually, in the real word we won that game

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
We won the ******* game.

Oh, thats right. Forget what I said.

LOltheLions?
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Tell me Bears fans, how many refs did Lovie Smith have to suck off for them to get that call? Im guessing he stroked the head Ref's **** Thursday, Friday, and maybe Saturday night as well.

oh and hes definatley swallowing tonight

Addict
09-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Tell me Bears fans, how many refs did Lovie Smith have to suck off for them to get that call? Im guessing he stroked the head Ref's **** Thursday, Friday, and maybe Saturday night as well.

easy now, no need to troll their board. If this was reversed we would be having the "eh well, it's a win"-talk too. They have eyes, they know it wasn't entirely kosher, but they won!

Just keep the anger in the Lions boards.

bearsfan_51
09-12-2010, 06:12 PM
At what point, when you say definatley? Do you pronounce the a?

Gay Ork Wang
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20041226008&prov=ap

just payback

bearsfan_51
09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I forgot about Chad Hutchison, thanks for that.

Gay Ork Wang
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
its fine we still have Jay Cutler

MidwayMonster31
09-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Lots of things to improve upon.
Offensive line, don't let your goddamn opponents get up and move around the field after the first few seconds. The play is not over until the whistle. There were a bunch of times where the linemen held their position, then a Lions D-linemen ended up making the play, because our O-Line stopped playing, when Cutler either left the pocket, or Forte/ Taylor and others left the backfield with a catch or run.
Lovie, take the points when you're down by less than a field goal. That way, you don't have to go for 2. The prevent defense still sucks. A win is still a win, even if we almost successfully gift-wrapped it for Detroit. The scotch tape broke, then the wrapping paper came undone.

LOltheLions?
09-12-2010, 10:22 PM
At what point, when you say definatley? Do you pronounce the a?

jokes on you, im done with the Lions. However, you still support the garbage Bears. LOL have fun with you 3-13 season. By the way, Cutler is awful.

regoob2
09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
I miss this type of stuff. Trolling after a bad call reminds me it truly is football season.

Gay Ork Wang
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
jokes on you, im done with the Lions. However, you still support the garbage Bears. LOL have fun with you 3-13 season. By the way, Cutler is awful.
lol, wut???

k0ng
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
It's not like the bears didn't out gain the lions by almost 300 yards. Did they even make it out of their own redzone before the last drive of the game?

Gay Ork Wang
09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
well the ******* turnovers killed us.

BeerBaron
09-13-2010, 04:06 PM
So, back to who we want for our next coach.....Brian Billick is winning some points with me. Still #2 behind Gruden though.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Id love Gruden too. But if you dont know, we dont hire HCs that have already been a HC. Ever. In our 500 years of existance as a football team, weve never hired a HC with Head Coaching experience, let alone SB wins.

So my choice is who we shouldve hired instead fo Lovie, Russ Grimm.

Gay Ork Wang
09-13-2010, 09:25 PM
the Cardinals Oline is brutally bad

BeerBaron
09-13-2010, 09:28 PM
We need to stop thinking that coaching will make up for our lack of talent. It hasn't and it won't.

Hopefully we do a complete house cleaning from the top down and bring in a whole new franchise philosophy.

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/14/hunter-hillenmeyers-season-is-over-illness-to-blame/

Hillenmeyer to IR due to an "illness." Strange move.....

Gay Ork Wang
09-14-2010, 06:26 PM
i suppose they want to keep someone else?

Gay Ork Wang
09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81a8a2c9/Playbook-Packers-flaws-exposed

Peppers and their oline :)

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 06:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/14/hunter-hillenmeyers-season-is-over-illness-to-blame/

Hillenmeyer to IR due to an "illness." Strange move.....

They just said on NFLN that it's from concussions he suffered in the preseason.

MidwayMonster31
09-14-2010, 11:22 PM
So they could have kept Tim Shaw if they put Hillenmeyer on IR earlier?

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Woot. Forte offensive player of the week.

We're also bring in a bunch of WRs, the only one I've heard of is Michael Clayton. I wonder if this means Earl Bennett's injury isn't improving?

regoob2
09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Woot. Forte offensive player of the week.

We're also bring in a bunch of WRs, the only one I've heard of is Michael Clayton. I wonder if this means Earl Bennett's injury isn't improving?
I wish Devin Hester was improving. Once we realize he's never going to be a starting caliber WR and then draft a #1 we'll be set for a long time.

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I wish Devin Hester was improving. Once we realize he's never going to be a starting caliber WR and then draft a #1 we'll be set for a long time.

I know you can't buy into this stuff too too much, but this is the 3rd straight year I've heard about how good he looked in camp and how he definitely won the starting job and stuff.

Yet when the games start to count, it's like he's not even on the field. I'll see him before the play run to his position....then nothing. It's like the plays never go his way or Cutler doesn't even look for him. I can't quite figure it out.

jrdrylie
09-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I know you can't buy into this stuff too too much, but this is the 3rd straight year I've heard about how good he looked in camp and how he definitely won the starting job and stuff.

Yet when the games start to count, it's like he's not even on the field. I'll see him before the play run to his position....then nothing. It's like the plays never go his way or Cutler doesn't even look for him. I can't quite figure it out.

Devin Hester had led the team in receiving the last two seasons, his only as a full-time receiver. You are way off base here.

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Devin Hester had led the team in receiving the last two seasons, his only as a full-time receiver. You are way off base here.

The last two, and this one would be the three I was talking about.

I know he's led the team, but it wasn't by a spectacular margin like a true #1 and if you believe the preseason hype, that is what the team keeps talking him up as.

Then games like Sunday's happen and he's no where to be found....as if he isn't even on the field.

Monomach
09-15-2010, 08:36 PM

We may as well start the needs list. In no particular order:

RT
RG
C
LG
LT
WR1
LE
UT
NT
LOLB
FS
CB1
P

Monomach
09-15-2010, 08:37 PM

The prettiest log in the toilet bowl is still a piece of ****, you know.

regoob2
09-15-2010, 08:51 PM
We may as well start the needs list. In no particular order:

RT
RG
C
LG
LT
WR1
LE
UT
NT
LOLB
FS
CB1
P
Yeah that looks about right.

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah that looks about right.

The worst thing about that list is the fact that we've drafted players at half of those positions, several times some of them, and still haven't found an answer.

I'll never actively root for us to lose, but it certainly wouldn't break my heart if we lost enough to prompt a January cleansing from the top down of this team.

BeerBaron
09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/jon-gruden-still-hates-officials/

Obviously, the penalty isn't good, but I would kill to see some fire like this out of our coach. I can only take so much of Lovie looking dumbstruck at the scoreboard trying to figure out why we're behind....

SFbear
09-16-2010, 07:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/jon-gruden-still-hates-officials/

Obviously, the penalty isn't good, but I would kill to see some fire like this out of our coach. I can only take so much of Lovie looking dumbstruck at the scoreboard trying to figure out why we're behind....

I can understand how this could effect the entertainment value of watching the Bears and the emotional satisfaction of the fans but I feel like its completely irrelevant as far as winning games. If we're winning games those things fall into place anyways. The players love playing for him and personally I don't think our players suffer from a lack motivation. He had the same demeanor in 2005-2006 and it was considered a strength because it kept the team on an even keel regardless of the state of the team.

There are a lot of things I could criticize about Lovie but the fact that he doesn't throw temper tantrums on the sideline never really bothered me.

BeerBaron
09-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't need a coach who throws a tantrum when a call goes wrong....but say, when the team keeps giving up first downs on third downs or the o-line keeps getting the QB sacked and not opening holes....I'd like to see the coach get in their face.

Unless there were some coaches back in the day that I'm missing, "nice guy" coaches have a total of one Superbowl ring (Dungy.) Every other one I can think of at least sometimes got angry and gave his players a good chewing out.

regoob2
09-16-2010, 09:00 PM
I can understand how this could effect the entertainment value of watching the Bears and the emotional satisfaction of the fans but I feel like its completely irrelevant as far as winning games. If we're winning games those things fall into place anyways. The players love playing for him and personally I don't think our players suffer from a lack motivation. He had the same demeanor in 2005-2006 and it was considered a strength because it kept the team on an even keel regardless of the state of the team.

There are a lot of things I could criticize about Lovie but the fact that he doesn't throw temper tantrums on the sideline never really bothered me.
The players love playing for him because he's easy on them. He seems to baby them. No one likes to get yelled at even though they may need it.

dabears10
09-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Unless there were some coaches back in the day that I'm missing, "nice guy" coaches have a total of one Superbowl ring (Dungy.) Every other one I can think of at least sometimes got angry and gave his players a good chewing out.

http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dick-cry.jpg

BeerBaron
09-16-2010, 10:33 PM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dick-cry.jpg

I've seen Vermeil get hot a few times. Also seen him cry......so, yeah....

Even including him, that's two Superbowl rings to nice guy coaches. I don't want this to be confused into me saying that you have to be dropping the f-bomb every other word and yelling at everyone over everything, because that's not what I'm trying to say.

But like in my above examples, when players are doing dumb things and not playing well, sometimes the coach needs to let them have it. Lovie doesn't do that.

And like Regoob said, the players don't like being yelled at, so they'll support coaches who don't do it. But sometimes that is exactly what they need.

And there have been a lot of examples of teams who go from one to the other and get better under the new guy. When the Bucs went from nice guy Dungy to angry Gruden, they won a ring right away. When the Giants went from nice guy Fassell to hot head Coughlin, they won a ring within a few years.

Gay Ork Wang
09-19-2010, 02:53 PM
so. i just wanna say that i have never jizzed so much in 2 years or so.

regoob2
09-19-2010, 03:24 PM
We looked great today!

GO BEARS!!

GB12
09-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Monday Night battle for first place

regoob2
09-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Monday Night battle for first place
Should be a good game if we play the way we did today.

Bearsfan123
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
This game was surprising. But the really amazing part was the way Jay Cutler threw the ball. If there were any doubts about him having franchise quarterback talent this game washes those away.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
How about Frank fvcking Omiyale? Ware got quiet as soon as Omiyale stepped over.

UNREAL

Most exciting road win in years.

BeerBaron
09-20-2010, 04:42 PM
How about Frank fvcking Omiyale? Ware got quiet as soon as Omiyale stepped over.

UNREAL

Most exciting road win in years.

Omiyele.....puke. I'll chalk that one up to a fluke. How else can you explain going from ****** LG to ****** RT to playing passably against a good defense?

Gay Ork Wang
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
i was really surprised, but wasnt this his position all along?

any news on Wright and williams?

also i liked this analogy: its nice that we use Hester more like Welker and just get him the ball to him and see what happens, not using him like Moss sending him deep all the time, thats what we have Knox for now.

Monomach
09-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I know we're still basking in the afterglow and all, but I have three big concerns:

1) The O-line sucks at pass blocking. Jay Cutler's going to get hurt. We can't run 3-step drops every play.
2) The O-line sucks at run blocking. Through two games, we have zero running game.
3) The pass defense is suspect. Outside of DJ Moore's two very lucky INTs, they looked pretty bad.

That being said:
-Julius Peppers is the truth.
-Jay Cutler is who we thought he was.
-Mike Martz looks like he's finally kicked his stubbornness to the curb. In the olden days, he wouldn't have changed the gameplan to ditch his 7-step drops.

BeerBaron
09-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I know we're still basking in the afterglow and all, but I have three big concerns:

1) The O-line sucks at pass blocking. Jay Cutler's going to get hurt. We can't run 3-step drops every play.
2) The O-line sucks at run blocking. Through two games, we have zero running game.
3) The pass defense is suspect. Outside of DJ Moore's two very lucky INTs, they looked pretty bad.

That being said:
-Julius Peppers is the truth.
-Jay Cutler is who we thought he was.
-Mike Martz looks like he's finally kicked his stubbornness to the curb. In the olden days, he wouldn't have changed the gameplan to ditch his 7-step drops.

1.) Agreed. Though I read that we only actually allowed one sack vs. Dallas, Cutler got hit an awful lot. He's damn good at avoiding the pressure until the last minute...

2.) Agreed.

3.) Also true. I blame out safety play...still. Like the o-line, it's been a problem for years, and it continues to be poorly addressed. We plug in in the box type strong safeties and wonder why we have issues in coverage. Our improved pass rush has helped immensely though. Even when Peppers isn't getting there, he's drawing the blocking his way and guys like Harris and Idonije are taking advantage.

- Agreed, Peppers rocks for the reasons listed above.

- 4 straight games with a passer rating over 100.00 dating back to last season I read earlier today. Only 1 silly INT in two games too....I'll take that.

- Also true. Our play calling offensively hasn't been bad at all. And he's getting the most out of the talent we have...like still using Olsen and splitting Forte out wide....and throwing out the deep drops when out o-line shits all over themselves.

Rosebud
09-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I'm dumbstruck by how well Mike Martz has avoided doing the things that turned him into a punchline so far. I was terrified for Jay Cutler when the Bears brought him in, but Martz has been doing a genuinely good job and not just inflating Jay's numbers while giving him Battered-QB-Syndrome.

bearsfan_51
09-21-2010, 01:44 AM
It's just my suspicion, but I'm guessing that being in an organization that isn't completely run by morons (relatively speaking) probably helps.

I'm sure that Martz thinks he's the smartest guy in the room no matter where he is, but I'm sure he particularly thought that in St. Louis, Detroit, and San Fran.

SFbear
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Anybody else notice how it was practically a home game with how loud the Bears fans were in Cowboys stadium. Not what I would have expected with all the hype for the Cowboys and how pessimistic our outlook has been.

Can't wait till Monday night.

Gay Ork Wang
09-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Mayor Wright out at least a month.

-.-

BeerBaron
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Mayor Wright out at least a month.

-.-

More of "The Matador" Manning and "Hey, I thought you were covering him" Harris.

dabears10
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
More of "The Matador" Manning and "Hey, I thought you were covering him" Harris.

I have thought that this year Manning has played pretty well. Not fantastic, but solid.

Gay Ork Wang
09-23-2010, 12:45 PM
i mean its still better than what we had these last few years, but oh well.

BeerBaron
09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I have thought that this year Manning has played pretty well. Not fantastic, but solid.

He's still a real iffy tackler. That's always been my biggest concern with him.

Monomach
09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Meh. I don't really care that Wright's out a month. As far as I'm concerned, every safety on the roster is equally bad.

J-Mike88
09-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Meh. I don't really care that Wright's out a month. As far as I'm concerned, every safety on the roster is equally bad.
What does Meh mean?

From www.PackersInsider.com
I find Monday night's game very interesting.

The Packers, as we all know, are a stay-the-course, build thru the draft type of franchise. It's had some success obviously and the team has gotten better in TT's tenure here. The 2007 team spiked, then a down, but 2009 & now have all signs pointing up.

The Bears, on the other hand, are quite different.

When Ted started, Lovie Smith had made it a goal of his to beat the Packers. And they did. They took over the division briefly, despite Wrecks Grossman at QB. They even got to a Super Bowl in 2006.

But they had fallen the past few years.

So last year they traded for the big time QB in Cutler to run their offense.
And this off-season, they added RB Chester Taylor and the best FA in years on defense, Julius Peppers.

They added a few smaller pieces as well, but those 2 big additions are going to be the factors in how far the Bears go this year, and the near future.

If they can all of a sudden leapfrog the Packers with almost an opposite approach (and poor recent draft results), it will show that you can win in today's NFL by bringing in outside talent and not just relying on the draft.

BeerBaron
09-23-2010, 05:55 PM
That's not entirely fair because a few years ago when we were contending with Grossman, we were mostly built through the draft too, especially on defense.

iirc, 10 of our 11 defensive starters in that Superbowl were drafted by the Bears, with the exception being Ogunleye. We did have some free agent o-lineman, Muhammad at WR, and Jones at RB, but we were far from a Redskins style team built entirely by paying veterans of other teams.

Gay Ork Wang
09-25-2010, 04:51 AM
i love how everyone was like: Hester is the odd one out, Hester doesnt get any targets, DA is the man.

Now Hester was great and everyone is: DA wasnt on the field, he hardly got any targets, WHAT UP WITH THAT?

just kinda weird

Gay Ork Wang
09-27-2010, 11:24 AM
we waived Asiata and picked up Edwin Williams, a waiver pickup from the Redskins, from our PS

BeerBaron
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
i love how everyone was like: Hester is the odd one out, Hester doesnt get any targets, DA is the man.

Now Hester was great and everyone is: DA wasnt on the field, he hardly got any targets, WHAT UP WITH THAT?

just kinda weird

I read it all offseason that Hester and Knox were the clear cut 1 and 2 receivers on the team. It was no real surprise to me....though DA was targeted a lot more than Hester in the Lions game.

Gay Ork Wang
09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
its just that people are picking on the guys that didnt have a good game rather than the ones that have

Monomach
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
The game was fun, and we're 3-0.

But we're obviously not a real contender. The pass defense, run blocking, and pass blocking are all miserable...like bottom-five-in-the-whole-league-miserable.

Bearsfan123
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Ugh, i dont feel well. That game didn't sit well with me. How many ints did Cutler have called back due to penalties or odd reffing? ugh.

Gay Ork Wang
09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Ugh, i dont feel well. That game didn't sit well with me. How many ints did Cutler have called back due to penalties or odd reffing? ugh.
i dont think any call was bad, but he had 2 called back and 2 dropped.

Monomach
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM

Pretty much every one of them that was called back wouldn't have been a INT without the penalty happening i.e. helmet to the chin making him lose control of the pass, Bennett being held from coming back to make the catch, etc.

GB12
09-27-2010, 10:55 PM
i dont think any call was bad, but he had 2 called back and 2 dropped.

Whether you agree with the helmet to helmet penalty or not, that was an interception. The contact came after the throw. If he would have hit him in the shoulder instead of the chin it still would have been an interception, it just would have counted.

Monomach
09-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Whether you agree with the helmet to helmet penalty or not, that was an interception. The contact came after the throw. If he would have hit him in the shoulder instead of the chin it still would have been an interception, it just would have counted.

No.

When they showed the slo-mo replay, the helmet hit his chin and then his hand jerked upward as it released.

GB12
09-27-2010, 10:58 PM
No.

When they showed the slo-mo replay, the helmet hit his chin and then his hand jerked upward as it released.

I seem to remember very clearly that contact to the helmet wasn't made until after the release. He hit Cutler before, but didn't hit the chin until the ball was out. Is there a video of it online?

Monomach
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I seem to remember very clearly that contact to the helmet wasn't made until after the release. He hit Cutler before, but didn't hit the chin until the ball was out. Is there a video of it online?

Sorry, but you're wrong here. I have no idea whether there's video online.

That helmet hit during his release. His hand immediately jerked upward as it happened. It was obviously cause-and-effect.

BeerBaron
09-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Dudes. We won. Let us celebrate! Packers fans......I wish I could say good game but that was actually a pretty ****** showing by both teams. We just happened to be slightly less ****** this go around.

But we wonzzzz. 3-0 and partying for at least another week.

sweetness34
09-27-2010, 11:37 PM

You remember wrong my friend. Contact came before he let the ball go, that's why it was a duck. Cutler was going over the top of the linebacker on that play.

dabears10
09-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Daaaaaaaa Beaaaaaaars!

bearsfan_51
09-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Yeah that roughing the passer isn't even close.

I can't believe we threw the ball on 4th and 1.

I love you Devin Hester.

Gay Ork Wang
09-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Packers fans are really really bitter about that win. i love it

Gay Ork Wang
09-28-2010, 06:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81ae5beb/Packers-vs-Bears-highlights

at 4:19, look like it was about the same time and it affected the throw

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Cutlerzzzzzzzzzz

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM
It wasn't pretty, but it's another W. And winning is winning.

Realistically, if the Bears win vs this desperate Giants team this week, you've got to believe they are in the playoffs w/ the upcoming schedule.

I am still amazed by how good Martz is. We can't run the ball for **** due to the OL, so fvck, might as well hire an OC who has a dynamic passing attack and is a fvcking wizard with the playcalls.

And Julius Peppers is absolutely awesome. Worth every penny. He is the entire DL basically. If Gaines wouldn't have died (we may have not signed Peppers I know), it would of been real interesting with Gaines on the other side with his athleticism, even though he really struggled last year.

Lovie is not dicking around this year at all. Tommie benched, Bowman sat, DA sat for not wanting to play in the slot, etc.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
If you guys reach the playoffs, does Lovie keep his job?

And if that's the case, do you want to make the playoffs?

BeerBaron
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
If you guys reach the playoffs, does Lovie keep his job?

And if that's the case, do you want to make the playoffs?

If we make the playoffs and it's a one and done....I could see JA dumping Lovie. If we miss, especially now since we've had a great start, then I think everyone beneath ownership might very well get the boot.

Now, I'll never root for the Bears to lose. But if it happens, getting a new coach and a higher draft pick will make for decent consolation prizes. But I never want to see my team lose.

GB12
09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Packers fans are really really bitter about that win. i love it

Really? I don't think there's been much bitterness. It sucks we lost a game we should have won, but I don't think anyone is really bitter. When you get screwed over, by the refs or whatever, that's when you're bitter. That didn't happen last night, we blew it ourselves in multiple ways.

And it says that video is no longer available, but whatever it seems others have confirmed it.

sweetness34
09-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Really? I don't think there's been much bitterness. It sucks we lost a game we should have won, but I don't think anyone is really bitter. When you get screwed over, by the refs or whatever, that's when you're bitter. That didn't happen last night, we blew it ourselves in multiple ways.

The same thing happened in Week 1 of last year. Cutler threw 4 picks, we blew an assignment in the secondary and we had that awesome fake punt which lead to a field goal. I'd say we severely shot ourselves in the foot in that game. Consider us even.

I can't remember a game between us that was pretty. Most of our games are ugly, grind it out types.

regoob2
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM

And it says that video is no longer available, but whatever it seems others have confirmed it.
I was actually surprised how that the Packers fans werent bitter after that one.

Morgan Burnett and Woodson were bitter on that obvious PI call at the end.

MidwayMonster31
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
This season is shaping up to be a lot like 2001 for us. Coaches and management were in trouble, few wins were fancy that year, but they kept winning with a lot of key plays. That might have delayed Jauron's departure, but it was still a hell of a fun ride.

BeerBaron
09-28-2010, 09:55 PM
This season is shaping up to be a lot like 2001 for us. Coaches and management were in trouble, few wins were fancy that year, but they kept winning with a lot of key plays. That might have delayed Jauron's departure, but it was still a hell of a fun ride.

And Jay Cutler is a lot better than Jim Miller. We also don't have a Mike Brown....I'd kill for a 2001 Mike Brown on this team.

xxxxxxxx
09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Very exciting player, but my god does Johnny Knox seem like he has the IQ of 35 in his interviews.. dude can't even talk.

Morton
09-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Very exciting player, but my god does Johnny Knox seem like he has the IQ of 35 in his interviews.. dude can't even talk.

Doesn't need to be smart if he can run like that :)

Monomach
09-30-2010, 06:07 PM

Sadly, he comes across as a genius when compared to Hester.

Seriously, Hester seems like he should be wearing earmuffs and asking people whether they've seen his baseball.

BeerBaron
09-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Sadly, he comes across as a genius when compared to Hester.

Seriously, Hester seems like he should be wearing earmuffs and asking people whether they've seen his baseball.

I've thought the same thing about Hester. I've seen him in interviews before he and looks like a cross between a super shy person and a guy who failed 6th grade English.

Hell of a player though.

bearfan
09-30-2010, 11:19 PM
I am really coming around to what Lovie is doing this season. Not because we're 3-0, but because the decisions he is making are respectable. I had always disliked him for his stagnant nature and his inability to do what needed to be done (whether it be make adjustments or do something to send a message). This year...he seems to be doing it. Benching Aromashadu and Tommie Harris, I love it. This is hard nosed lovie, and if he continues like this I wouldn't mind seeing him around for another year or two.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, he actually gets a little miffed in his press confrences too. Its awesome that hes finally showing some attitude. Not the crazy sideline stuff, but the behind the scenes tactical stuff.

Its super exciting!

Monomach
10-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I am really coming around to what Lovie is doing this season. Not because we're 3-0, but because the decisions he is making are respectable. I had always disliked him for his stagnant nature and his inability to do what needed to be done (whether it be make adjustments or do something to send a message). This year...he seems to be doing it. Benching Aromashadu and Tommie Harris, I love it. This is hard nosed lovie, and if he continues like this I wouldn't mind seeing him around for another year or two.

It's funny that you say this. So far, this year seems like it could possibly one of his worst as far as in-game coaching goes. He's been horrible.

bearsfan_51
10-01-2010, 06:44 PM
It's funny that you say this. So far, this year seems like it could possibly one of his worst as far as in-game coaching goes. He's been horrible.
You honestly never stop bitching. At least you're consistent.

Gay Ork Wang
10-02-2010, 05:47 AM

i specifically meant drowe who said Peppers wasnt that good and not that much of a big factor.

Monomach
10-02-2010, 07:02 AM
You honestly never stop bitching. At least you're consistent.

When Lovie stops being consistently bad, I'll stop bitching. Drinking the Kool-aid and ignoring the dumb **** he does would just be stupid.

Are you already back on the Jerry Angelo bandwagon, too?

Gay Ork Wang
10-02-2010, 10:39 AM
what exactly are u talking about?
going for it on 4th?

Monomach
10-02-2010, 12:43 PM
what exactly are u talking about?
going for it on 4th?

The two attempted 4th down conversions without taking the easy tying/go-ahead field goals late in the games are sterling examples of what I'm talking about, yes.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Youre right, those were some pretty ugly loses.

Monomach
10-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Youre right, those were some pretty ugly loses.

If you decide to pull the trigger twice in Russian Roulette and you don't end up spraying your brain on the wall, it doesn't mean that you deserve to keep making decisions.

SFbear
10-02-2010, 01:23 PM

I don't really see him doing anything different than past years. He's benched Tommie Harris for a game the last three years and afterwards he's always back to talking him up as crucial to the success of the team. As far as Aromashadu there is always some player in his doghouse getting benched for some inexplicable reason (Mike Green, Mark Bradley, Corey Graham, Kevin Payne, Zach Bowman etc.). Personally I think were a better team with Aromashadu on the field. He's still a terrible in game coach and on defense were playing even more vanilla than we have in past years. This year were playing Cover 2 zone coverage 77% of our snaps unlike previous years where we were blitzing out of a Cover 1 shell 2/3 of the time. Most likely due to Peppers.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-09-30/sports/ct-spt-1001-pompei-bears-chicago--20100930_1_coach-marinelli-perry-fewell-cover-2

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-02-2010, 04:04 PM
If you decide to pull the trigger twice in Russian Roulette and you don't end up spraying your brain on the wall, it doesn't mean that you deserve to keep making decisions.

I wouldnt call going for it twice inside their what, 1 yard line, suicide. Score, or field your better unit in advantageous field positon.

Monomach
10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I wouldnt call going for it twice inside their what, 1 yard line, suicide. Score, or field your better unit in advantageous field positon.

Or just do the intelligent thing and kick the damned field goal so that you don't have less points than the other team late in the game. Both times he refused to eliminate the point deficit. Both times! That's not smart football. It's not like he went for it while up by 3 in the first half or something.

Also, the better unit is the offense. The pass defense is not good.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-02-2010, 11:01 PM
The pass defense doesnt look good because all the other team can do dump off which is what we want them to do ( I dont like it, but when it works were a top 5 defense) Zero big plays this year, WRs all tackled withing 5yards of their catch. Ill take it.

Monomach
10-03-2010, 12:34 AM
The pass defense doesnt look good because all the other team can do dump off which is what we want them to doI wish this were true. Unfortunately, it's just not.

( I dont like it, but when it works were a top 5 defense)It never works, and we're not.

Zero big plays this year,We're ranked 21st in the league for passing plays allowed of 20+ yards. That would be a bad thing.

WRs all tackled withing 5yards of their catch. Ill take it.
This is another thing that would be great if it were true. You didn't see the boatload of missed tackles in the Green Bay game?

So far, only 4 teams have given up more yards through the air. It wouldn't matter if those came on 1 yard passes...that's garbage defense either way.

Really, it's even worse than it looks; we had the benefit of the Lions' backup QB to pretty it up a little.

Gay Ork Wang
10-03-2010, 05:42 AM
i dont see how it was a bad thing to go for it in the Packers game.

Monomach
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM
i dont see how it was a bad thing to go for it in the Packers game.

We were down by three and it was the end of the third quarter. We have one of the worst red zone offenses in the league.

You don't see how not tying it up when we had the chance was a stupid decision?

k0ng
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
This is probably the worst offensive line I have ever seen, but why the hell did they keep calling 7 step drops? And Cutler, holding the ball and not seeing the Aaron Ross blitz even though he looked right at him...unbelievable.

k0ng
10-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I just read he might have had an concussion earlier in the game and that is the reason for the slow reaction time and erratic play. What do you guys think?

MidwayMonster31
10-04-2010, 12:02 AM
That would make a whole lot of sense, considering that he didn't show good vision at all, even when the play was right there from the Giants. He did get hit a ton, we can only hope the damage isn't as bad.

BeerBaron
10-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I feel like Hanie is sort of a Cutler-Lite. If we had to play the Panthers with him at QB, I wouldn't be too too upset.

And god was Todd Collins lousy....dude had no arm strength. His passes took way to long to get to where they were going.

Just hope Jay isn't out too long and that Hanie can be the man in the meantime.

johanns21
10-04-2010, 08:11 AM
This is probably the worst offensive line I have ever seen, but why the hell did they keep calling 7 step drops? And Cutler, holding the ball and not seeing the Aaron Ross blitz even though he looked right at him...unbelievable.

Hey guys I'm a huge Bears fan and new to the forums here....

I completely agree with you here. I didn't have high hopes for the line when they didn't address it before this season started. They were horrible last year and they think by moving Omiyale to RT was going to fix everything? The play in the second half where Coefield (It may have been somebody else) just went right by a supposed double team of Louis and Kruetz to get a sack on Collins summed up their talent.

regoob2
10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
That was just a disgusting game. Our OL is a joke. We need a big time FA and an early draft pick if not two.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-04-2010, 11:01 AM
That was just a disgusting game. Our OL is a joke. We need a big time FA and an early draft pick if not two.

I think you guys def. could use an upgrade, just like us too. We need an upgrade if possible. It finally looks like our defense is settling in with this new system and DC. So that was good to see. Thank god for Bradshaw starting because it seemed like all night you guys had people in the backfield trying to tackle him. If it was Jacobs starting we'd have a lot of 1st,2nd and 3rd and long situations.

iowatreat54
10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
According to some Illinois fans online, Juice Williams has said via his twitter that he was contacted by the Bears.

I swear to god, I will stab multiple people. I will stop being a Bears fan for the season, at the very least.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
That was the worst Bears game I have ever witnessed. I don't even know what to say. So ugly.

I was at the bar and as soon as I saw Todd Collins coming in, I slammed two shots of patron ($25, for the extra fvck me in the as$) and dipped out. Just disgraceful.

The OL is a joke and the worst part is it was like a carousel up there. Talk about having no clue. Did every OL play last night? I saw Webb rotating in, Edwin Williams, pretty much everyone.

Either commit to playing Webb at RT or don't bother. There was no communication at all. And the lack of athleticism last night was so evident.

Logan Mankins anyone? What would it take? A 2nd + a player?

10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I just read he might have had an concussion earlier in the game and that is the reason for the slow reaction time and erratic play. What do you guys think?

Yeah, that would make sense. Cutler is usually one of the better QBs in the league when it comes to pocket presence. I don't know if it was a concussion or just a reaction to being hit so much, but he wasn't making the plays he usually makes.

BeerBaron
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah, that would make sense. Cutler is usually one of the better QBs in the league when it comes to pocket presence. I don't know if it was a concussion or just a reaction to being hit so much, but he wasn't making the plays he usually makes.

I posted that earlier in the weekly discussion thread. Having watched him elude, for the most part, the Cowboys and Packers pass rushes with a good deal of success, I just couldn't believe how sluggish he looked about halfway through the first quarter.

Something was wrong with him from sack #1 and it got worse after....a lot of those sacks were ones that in previous weeks he would have slipped away from, or at least protected the football while getting sacked. He just went nowhere and looked like he was playing a whole level slower than he normally does.

MidwayMonster31
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
This confuses me.
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=7153
I know Anderson hasn't replicated his success in 2006, but this is just a strange time to cut him. Charles Grant will at least help against the run.

Mr. X
10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
So we released Mark Anderson and signed Charles Grant to a one year deal.

Do they just ignore the OL issues and think that signing another DE to replace an unproductive one will appease Bears fans?

dabears10
10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
This is a whole lot of Meh.

SFbear
10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
I guess they figured the offensive line is ****** so the defense will just have to be perfect in order for us to win games. Although I'm not sure Charles Grant makes us any better. Ogun or Alex Brown > Grant

regoob2
10-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Anderson sucks. Grant can only be better.

Monomach
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
According to some Illinois fans online, Juice Williams has said via his twitter that he was contacted by the Bears.

I swear to god, I will stab multiple people. I will stop being a Bears fan for the season, at the very least.

I'll go puppy-kicking if this happens.

BeerBaron
10-07-2010, 12:49 PM
God damn Todd Collins.....I wanted Hanie to get the start if Cutler couldn't go.

k0ng
10-07-2010, 05:32 PM
If you factor in Todd Collins lack of mobility with the worst offensive line in recent memory, Caleb Hanie will probably see the field at some point. I'm predicting midway through the second quarter.

BeerBaron
10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
If you factor in Todd Collins lack of mobility with the worst offensive line in recent memory, Caleb Hanie will probably see the field at some point. I'm predicting midway through the second quarter.

It wasn't due to injury, but your prediction wasn't far off. Collins was ******* awful.....Cutler or even Hanie for the whole game probably would have gotten us at least 2 more TDs I feel like.

regoob2
10-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Collins is a joke. He doesnt need to be on the team anymore.

BeerBaron
10-10-2010, 05:33 PM

But him knows teh offense!!

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-10-2010, 07:32 PM

Where does that rank on all time bad Bear QB performances?

That was disgusting.

4-1 though.

GB12
10-10-2010, 07:38 PM
He completed almost as many passes to the Panthers as the Bears. That's impressive.

Combined QB stats from that game:

22/51 (43%), 147 yards, 0 TDs, 7 INTs

Holy ****.

BeerBaron
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
He completed almost as many passes to the Panthers as the Bears. That's impressive.

Combined QB stats from that game:

22/51 (43%), 147 yards, 0 TDs, 7 INTs

Holy ****.

Bears wins on the day: 1

Packers wins on the day: 0

And I hope to god that is the last we ever see of Todd Collins.

MidwayMonster31
10-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Where does that rank on all time bad Bear QB performances?

That was disgusting.

4-1 though.Up there, but keep in mind, that is a pretty damn big list.

BeerBaron
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Up there, but keep in mind, that is a pretty damn big list.

I'm fairly certain Bad Rex is on there a few times. He turned in a straight up 0.0 once, iirc?

bearfan
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
It was nice to see the running game show up when we needed it. Did anyone notice how J.Webb (T #73) played? From a glance, I thought he looked ok.

Overall, the better team won. I liked that this felt like a "Bears" win. Good defense, good running game, good special teams.

dabears10
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
It was nice to see the running game show up when we needed it. Did anyone notice how J.Webb (T #73) played? From a glance, I thought he looked ok.

Overall, the better team won. I liked that this felt like a "Bears" win. Good defense, good running game, good special teams.

I was in the car so i was listening to Joniak and Thayer, and Thayer was talking up Edwin Williams big time as a good run blocker.

BeerBaron
10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Both Webb and Williams did well in run blocking I felt. I also didn't hear their names much on any real mistakes....nothing worse that what our typical o-line does at least.

I'm hoping that at least Webb hangs around. He's exactly what you want in a RT I feel. Big, strong, bulldozer-type who can at least hold his own in the pass game. We'll see...I hope he keeps getting starts.

MidwayMonster31
10-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I always thought Webb had all sorts of potential, but just needed more development. He looks like he's getting better and that's all I want to see from him this season, is to just keep improving. Had he been able to keep his grades up and stayed at Texas, he could have gone somewhere near the 3rd round.
I never heard of Edwin Williams before today. I wonder if he can stick, since he played center in college.

Gay Ork Wang
10-11-2010, 03:09 AM
They were good, thought it was just the Panthers.
Webb got beaten by the DE once pretty bad resulting in a sack but otherwise the Run blocking was superb, but again it was just the panthers.

Forte is the sex.

k0ng
10-11-2010, 11:22 AM
There weren't many passing plays and when there were, they weren't 7 step drops. I'm not coming to any conclusions based on Webb and Williams play today. Waiting until Cutler comes back and Martz opens the playbook back up will be more indicative on what should be done with them and the oline. Hopefully Martz saw what a beast Forte is and hands the ball off more.

k0ng
10-11-2010, 11:23 AM
It wasn't due to injury, but your prediction wasn't far off. Collins was ******* awful.....Cutler or even Hanie for the whole game probably would have gotten us at least 2 more TDs I feel like.

After that terrible pick on the 2 yard line, he should have been yanked. Man that guy sucks.

dabears10
10-11-2010, 02:28 PM
There weren't many passing plays and when there were, they weren't 7 step drops. I'm not coming to any conclusions based on Webb and Williams play today. Waiting until Cutler comes back and Martz opens the playbook back up will be more indicative on what should be done with them and the oline. Hopefully Martz saw what a beast Forte is and hands the ball off more.

They looked more impressive in run blocking and its tough to assume they could be worse in pass protection, so its the best we got.

Gay Ork Wang
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Peppers and Urlacher seriously improve our secondary so much

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2010, 02:09 AM
the vikings lose another one. this season has been great so far

bearsfan_51
10-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Peppers and Urlacher seriously improve our secondary so much
Agreed. Tim Jennings/Zack Bowman leaves a lot to be desired as a starting cornerback, but unless there is tremendous value I don't want the team drafting anything but offensive line for at least the first two picks.

BeerBaron
10-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Agreed. Tim Jennings/Zack Bowman leaves a lot to be desired as a starting cornerback, but unless there is tremendous value I don't want the team drafting anything but offensive line for at least the first two picks.

Agreed. DJ Moore has also looked good in what I've seen from him. His size probably limits him to the nickel role, but if we can keep getting at least decent performances out of Jennings or Bowman, we should be alright.

Monomach
10-12-2010, 12:35 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3608

The Savior has returned!

BeerBaron
10-12-2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3608

The Savior has returned!

Thank the good lord, no more Todd Collins.

I hope we still keep putting the effort in to run the ball though...We have an excellent pair of backs and running it effectively early will keep teams from being able to tee off on their pass rush.

BeerBaron
10-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Ohhhh yes!!! Garza out of the starting lineup!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/13/with-cutler-back-bears-offensive-line-gets-a-facelift/

Chris Williams is going to be back, but at LG instead of LT. Crappy guard turned crappy RT turned OK-ish LT will stay at LT. Webb will stay at RT where hopefully he can keep developing.

And I hope we keep with the run game longer like we did last week even though Cutler is back. I think it'll really help our pass protection if opposing defenses have to respect our ability to run it.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Ohhhh yes!!! Garza out of the starting lineup!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/13/with-cutler-back-bears-offensive-line-gets-a-facelift/

Chris Williams is going to be back, but at LG instead of LT. Crappy guard turned crappy RT turned OK-ish LT will stay at LT. Webb will stay at RT where hopefully he can keep developing.

And I hope we keep with the run game longer like we did last week even though Cutler is back. I think it'll really help our pass protection if opposing defenses have to respect our ability to run it.

What a horrible pick Williams has turned out to be if this is indeed serious.

Look, if he's not better than Frank Omiyale at LT, he's a bust. We all know he can't play RT.

Williams was chosen because he was a pure LT prospect over the better prospect in Albert. Albert is not only a better LT, but a way better guard. Ugly.

I am still kind of shocked about this.

I am really intrigued with Webb at RT however.

BeerBaron
10-13-2010, 02:59 PM
What a horrible pick Williams has turned out to be if this is indeed serious.

Look, if he's not better than Frank Omiyale at LT, he's a bust. We all know he can't play RT.

Williams was chosen because he was a pure LT prospect over the better prospect in Albert. Albert is not only a better LT, but a way better guard. Ugly.

I am still kind of shocked about this.

I am really intrigued with Webb at RT however.

Well, Robert Gallery is still making a career as a G for the Raiders....if Williams can become a passable G, I won't consider it a complete bust situation. At least he wasn't a top 5 pick making megabucks or something like that.

I was also wary of Branden Albert that year, but iirc, we didn't even really show much interest in him. I think it was between Williams, Otah and Cherilus, and we went Williams because, as you say, he was the best LT prospect of that group.

Just so we get a passable o-line together for this year...I'll be happy then.

Monomach
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
edit: never mind. Baron beat me to the Robert Gallery reference.

regoob2
10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I just hope Williams turns into a dependable starting caliber player. I'll take an average starting LG. Obviously that wont be worth his draft selection but we just need something out of the guy.

Monomach
10-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I just hope Williams turns into a dependable starting caliber player. I'll take an average starting LG. Obviously that wont be worth his draft selection but we just need something out of the guy.

Considering what JA's done with his first rounders, an average starting LG would be an epic triumph as far as "worth" goes.

regoob2
10-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Considering what JA's done with his first rounders, an average starting LG would be an epic triumph as far as "worth" goes.
That's where I was coming from. It's so frustrating. How can so many first round picks bust. He needs a fire lit under his ass.

MidwayMonster31
10-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Or, we need to bring in somebody who can actually evaluate talent and draft good players. It's absurd how many draft picks have failed since 2005.

Monomach
10-15-2010, 05:21 AM

I didn't get to see the game because I had to go into work, but Pro Football Focus said that he had two penalties and was an utterly horrible run blocker last week.

BeerBaron
10-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I didn't get to see the game because I had to go into work, but Pro Football Focus said that he had two penalties and was an utterly horrible run blocker last week.

I don't know about utterly horrible.....our run game was a lot better, and I'd like to see him keep getting work and develop more than bringing someone like Shaffer back in.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-15-2010, 11:14 AM
His run blocking is whats going to keep him out there, maybe you meant pass blocking?

You know that term that Mike Mayock came up with to describe big, less than athletic offensive lineman that might not be able to play? Something like...heavyleggedwaistbender? Thats Webb to me. He might be able to play, and I truly hope he can, but he doesnt seem like a natural even at RT.

Monomach
10-15-2010, 06:02 PM
His run blocking is whats going to keep him out there, maybe you meant pass blocking?

You know that term that Mike Mayock came up with to describe big, less than athletic offensive lineman that might not be able to play? Something like...heavyleggedwaistbender? Thats Webb to me. He might be able to play, and I truly hope he can, but he doesnt seem like a natural even at RT.

Nope, they definitely said that the tape revealed his run blocking to be just horrid.

...and yeah, he looks like a guard, but he's too damned tall to play the interior without getting in Cutler's way.

BeerBaron
10-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Nope, they definitely said that the tape revealed his run blocking to be just horrid.

...and yeah, he looks like a guard, but he's too damned tall to play the interior without getting in Cutler's way.

The height of interior o-lineman is a little overrated. Now if Drew Brees or Doug Flutie is your QB, maybe you think about it a little, but guys like Eric Steinbach (6'6) and Todd Herremans (6'7) have made for pretty good guards despite their heights. And the Raiders started 6'8 Jared Veldheer at C earlier this year as well.

If there's a concern with a tall interior o-lineman, it's more to do with the leverage they get against 6'2, 6'3 and stout DTs more than the QB whacking them in the back of the head or struggling to see over them.

10-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Ideally, Cutler's gonna be standing up while the big guard is gonna be lower for leverage. Also, Cutler should be far enough behind him to be able to see over him if his size is so incredible that even while low for blocking, his helmet is up to Cutler's eye level.

Of course, if he's stood straight up and/or right in front of Cutler, you have bigger problems than him being able to see over your linemen lol.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2010, 07:23 AM
We gave Chester Taylor 7 million up front this year to sign, and he's getting about 8 touches a game.

I didn't and don't mind the signing, but you've gotta wonder what the staff actually had in mind when they signed him.

regoob2
10-16-2010, 08:46 AM
We gave Chester Taylor 7 million up front this year to sign, and he's getting about 8 touches a game.

I didn't and don't mind the signing, but you've gotta wonder what the staff actually had in mind when they signed him.
They likely assumed a bigger role for him. I think how well Forte has played and how horrible the run blocking is has swung the reps a bit out of wack.

Also I really hope Webb doesnt keep us from taking a OT in the first few rounds if we get good value. We cant assume he's going to pan out when he looks like a chicken with his head cut off out there.

Gay Ork Wang
10-17-2010, 05:37 AM
the seahawks are 9-16 when the play on the road at 1pm, and 5 of those wins came against the rams. 15 of 19 games on the road they lost to other teams.

so for my birthday i hope the bears dont fail

BeerBaron
10-17-2010, 12:51 PM
God dammit, I hate it when we play this ******. Apparently Lance Briggs is ******* god and is the only reason our run defense is worth a ****.

BeerBaron
10-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Alright, I'm back to hoping for a complete regime change. This team is ****. The defense has been awful today on top of the offense being lousy..... We have no business being at the top of a division nor going anywhere near the playoffs.

Mr. X
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Sure doesn't feel like a 4-1 team now.

The way things are going the bottom half of the schedule is going to be brutal.

MidwayMonster31
10-17-2010, 03:31 PM
When you combine a lack of talent and a lack of experience, it's just going to be a disaster up front.
Back to fire everybody.

BeerBaron
10-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, if we can't beat a terrible road team with average talent at home, we're going to get our asses beat down hard when we play real teams at the end of this year.

If (probably when....sigh) that happens, hopefully it will be enough to rid this team of everybody. New regime starting next year...I hope.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
You have to establish something early. Run (inside, outside, 1st down), pass (short, intermediate, deep,) screens, play action, ANYTHING. We never did, and don't have the Oline to it. We thought we needed interior guys-strike that. We need new tackles.

The Giants game was just a "throw the tape out" kinda game where nothing went right. This was a brain dead game.

Redskins
Bye
@Buffalo (Toronto)
Vikings
@Miami
Eagles
@Detroit
New England
@Vikings
Jets
@Green Bay

None of these teams are world beaters but Im seeing more concussions than wins.

bearfan
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Missed the game today, can someone update me on what went wrong?

BeerBaron
10-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Missed the game today, can someone update me on what went wrong?

Our defense was uncharacteristically bad, particularly against the run. Missed some tackles we shouldn't have.....no pass rush, and it didn't help that they killed us with quick passes on top of it. Our 3rd down defense was also back in 2009 form it seemed.

On offense, our o-line could do nothing. Awful in pass protection, awful in runblocking. We were just flat out awful all across the board.

Gay Ork Wang
10-17-2010, 06:00 PM
didnt convert a 3rd down all game.

also, tillman never seemed to cover anyone always making tackles.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
We'll see what happens. It was one game. I've never really been sold on us as a playoff team, but the gnashing of teeth on here gets pretty old.

If you'd have told me we would be 4-2 and 1st place in the division at this point I'd definitely take it.

sweetness34
10-18-2010, 05:01 PM
So, for those who still want a WR early next spring...what say you after watching this team for 6 weeks?

They will never be elite receivers, but they have proven that when they get open and the line gives Cutler enough time to throw they can make plays.

I'm still on board with totally revamping the line this offseason. It'll help our run game, it'll help Cutler from getting hit 20 times a game and it'll give our WR's more time to get open.

The old adage is that football games are won and lost on the line and I still believe this to be true. Get a consistent pass rush and it'll make your defense look tons better. Protect your QB, open holes and your offense will be efficient.

BeerBaron
10-18-2010, 05:02 PM
If the value is there at WR and isn't for an o-lineman, I'm not against going for the WR, but if the value is all equal, I'll take the o-line please.

I'd love to see a complete revamping. Hopefully use at least 2 of our first 4 draft picks on it, maybe a FA if a decent one can be had....it would be a big help.

regoob2
10-18-2010, 06:30 PM
So, for those who still want a WR early next spring...what say you after watching this team for 6 weeks?

They will never be elite receivers, but they have proven that when they get open and the line gives Cutler enough time to throw they can make plays.

I'm still on board with totally revamping the line this offseason. It'll help our run game, it'll help Cutler from getting hit 20 times a game and it'll give our WR's more time to get open.

The old adage is that football games are won and lost on the line and I still believe this to be true. Get a consistent pass rush and it'll make your defense look tons better. Protect your QB, open holes and your offense will be efficient.I say we still need a WR. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. It's obviously not our biggest need but its a top 3 need in the 1st round. There may not be an O linemen worth a 1st rounder.

Gay Ork Wang
10-18-2010, 07:01 PM
top 5 needs:

1. OT
2. OG
3. CB
4. S
5. WR

there is almost next to no scenario where i would draft a WR in the first round.

BeerBaron
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
top 5 needs:

1. OT
2. OG
3. CB
4. S
5. WR

there is almost next to no scenario where i would draft a WR in the first round.

We need a new long term center too. And the first round is the only place I'd be open to drafting a WR, not that I want to draft one there. I wouldn't want another clone of what we already have in the 2nd or 3rd round...it would just be stupid. True #1 type or none.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Its not a cut and dry argument, fellas. You cant ignore the Big 3 WRs in such down year for OL.

BeerBaron
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/19/patriots-bears-logan-mankins-trade-probably-not-happening/

sDQuBUy1dgo

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

An underachieving, overpaid DT and a 4th round pick wasn't enough.....for ***** sake, Harris and a 2nd would have been fan-*******-tastic to get one of the league's best guards.

ahhhhhh.........AHHHH........dammit JA. You're killing Cutler behind our garbage. I hope you enjoy more Edwin Williams, Lance Louis, Chris Williams....garbage all.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
I hate how the talking heads were saying Cutler needed to let go of the ball quicker.

Really? Did they see the game? He had someone sack him before he could even drop back.

BeerBaron
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
I hate how the talking heads were saying Cutler needed to let go of the ball quicker.

Really? Did they see the game? He had someone sack him before he could even drop back.

I don't think most of them really watch the games.....

But please Cutler, throw the ball in the .072 seconds you have before a hand is laid on you dammit. You just don't have that clock in your head that all great QBs need.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't think most of them really watch the games.....

But please Cutler, throw the ball in the .072 seconds you have before a hand is laid on you dammit. You just don't have that clock in your head that all great QBs need.

Yeah that was ridiculous.

It seems like the blueprint to stopping the Bears offense is blitz your safeties or corners.

Chicago can't pick it up, or won't pick it up. Either way, Cutler is getting sacked bc of it.

BeerBaron
10-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah that was ridiculous.

It seems like the blueprint to stopping the Bears offense is blitz your safeties or corners.

Chicago can't pick it up, or won't pick it up. Either way, Cutler is getting sacked bc of it.

If they fail to get there though, we have the speed at WR to take advantage, like on the Knox long reception this weekend.

Sigh...leave it to the Seahawks to make us look silly on both sides of the ball like that.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 10:59 AM
If they fail to get there though, we have the speed at WR to take advantage, like on the Knox long reception this weekend.

Sigh...leave it to the Seahawks to make us look silly on both sides of the ball like that.

From a quick look, it seemed like Seattle copied the gameplan we used on the Bears for the most part.

BeerBaron
10-19-2010, 11:01 AM
From a quick look, it seemed like Seattle copied the gameplan we used on the Bears for the most part.

Yeah, but the Giants are at least a quality team. And I picked them to be really good in the preaseason. Seattle? That was a deep cut...

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, but the Giants are at least a quality team. And I picked them to be really good in the preaseason. Seattle? That was a deep cut...

I think ppl are underestimating Seattle a bit. They really have more talent than ppl think.

I still think Chicago has a good chance of winning the division. They just have to go back to the drawing board on offense, bc what Martz is doing now is not working.

BeerBaron
10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
I think ppl are underestimating Seattle a bit. They really have more talent than ppl think.

I still think Chicago has a good chance of winning the division. They just have to go back to the drawing board on offense, bc what Martz is doing now is not working.

He adjusted so well the first couple of weeks though...that's why I've been having trouble understanding since the Giants game.

Green Bay (they were still healty at the time) and Dallas have excellent pass rushers, and when Cutler got hit and sacked early, Martz adjusted to a max protect, quick passing game and it worked to keep moving the ball. You didn't hear hardly anything from Matthews, Ware or Spencer after the first quarter. Hell Frank aka ****** guard, aka ****** right tackle Omiyele was pressed into service at LT when Williams went down against Dallas and somehow kept Ware silenced. From the Giants game on, he hasn't made that adjustment....I just don't get it.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, mixing it up between max protect quick passes (as you said) and going 4 and 5 wrs to spread out the defense seemed to work just about perfectly at slowing the onslaught pass rush.

Why, oh why, haven't we done that again.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2010, 12:19 PM
also i dont think the gameplan was the same, while we got sacked like 8 times with 4 man rushes, most of the sacks this time came on blitzes.

against the giants they got beat 1vs1
against the seahawks we just didnt block the rushers

regoob2
10-19-2010, 03:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/19/patriots-bears-logan-mankins-trade-probably-not-happening/

sDQuBUy1dgo

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

An underachieving, overpaid DT and a 4th round pick wasn't enough.....for ***** sake, Harris and a 2nd would have been fan-*******-tastic to get one of the league's best guards.

ahhhhhh.........AHHHH........dammit JA. You're killing Cutler behind our garbage. I hope you enjoy more Edwin Williams, Lance Louis, Chris Williams....garbage all.I'd only give a 2nd if we get a 3rd or 4th back.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
We just cut Charles Grant and signed someone from the PS.

Could we just fire everyone?

BeerBaron
10-19-2010, 04:29 PM
We just cut Charles Grant and signed someone from the PS.

Could we just fire everyone?

In the forum mock I pretended we hired Gruden as HC and Titans d-line coach Jim Washburn as new DC. That would be awesome.

In reality, we'll do something ********. I have no faith in our ability to hire a GM or coach.

Bearsfan123
10-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Roger Goodell I hope you burn in the worst pits of hell for wrecking the game I love. Die in a goddamn fire you stupid ************. Taking defense out of the game!

Gay Ork Wang
10-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Roger Goodell I hope you burn in the worst pits of hell for wrecking the game I love. Die in a goddamn fire you stupid ************. Taking defense out of the game!
are you serious?

Gay Ork Wang
10-20-2010, 06:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81b667c3/Seahawks-defense-sack-6-yd-loss

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81b65c9e/Seahawks-defense-safety

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81b65c94/Seahawks-defense-sack-11-yd-loss

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81b65c98/Seahawks-defense-sack-3-yd-loss

this one was on him but i cant see the coverage

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81b655b4/Seahawks-defense-sack-5-yd-loss

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81b64f94/Seahawks-defense-sack-9-yd-loss

Most of the times he was hit right as he was finishing his drops

MidwayMonster31
10-22-2010, 04:13 PM
They better have been preparing for those blitzes, because that's all Washington's going to do in the first half. We badly need a screen in that direction that turns into a long gain just like the Olsen play against Dallas.

10-22-2010, 04:52 PM

As a Broncos fan, I can say that avoiding sacks is Cutler's biggest strength after his arm. The sacks can't be his fault, it just doesn't make sense. We had a solid pass blocking line his last year in Denver, but he made it look elite.

Bearsfan123
10-22-2010, 06:18 PM
are you serious?

No, just venting. I was really frustrated with him though.

I would like to hear everyones' thoughts on the hard hitting being limited.

I personally think that they are taking away one of the best parts of the game.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2010, 06:24 PM
They are taking it away because it causes serious health issues for a lot of older players.

There are work issues and then there are work hazards. The NFL has the obligation to protect it's employees from catastrophic head injuries. Some of the calls are lame, but I support the spirit of the law, which is to protect people.

regoob2
10-22-2010, 06:38 PM
They are taking it away because it causes serious health issues for a lot of older players.

There are work issues and then there are work hazards. The NFL has the obligation to protect it's employees from catastrophic head injuries. Some of the calls are lame, but I support the spirit of the law, which is to protect people.
I agree. I really doubt any defensive players are going to adjust there style of play.

Gay Ork Wang
10-22-2010, 06:43 PM
its not like they made a new rule. it has always been there

Bearsfan123
10-23-2010, 09:31 AM
I understand this, but a lot of the hits are NOT helmet to helmet. I am just like you guys in the sense that I don't want to see anyone get hurt. I think it's also terrible when a defender leads with his head, but what the commish seems to be slowly doing is legislating good LEGAL hits out of the game. It seems to me that most of the big hits in general are illegal. I find it to be very wrong, it is a violent game and the defense which is already at a disadvantage is slowly losing the ability to even intimidate the offensive players with big hits. Do you guys see where I'm coming from?

bearfan
10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
But this is such a knee jerk reaction. It's not like the NFL gave these players any time to prepare for this; they made the change in the middle of the season. If they really wanted this to be not as big of an issue as it has become, they should have waited for the offseason to tell the players that they are going to enforce the rules more. As of now, as many of the athletes have said, they aren't going to change how they play. All of these guys have been playing football a certain way for their whole life and have gotten to the level that they are at by playing that way. How then are they just going to change their playing style?

I didn't get to see all of the hits, but the one etched into my mind is the Robinson-Jackson hit. Robinson did nothing wrong other than trying to lay a big hit, he led with his shoulder and it was unfortunate that his helmet slid up. The NFL then fined him $50k for it. I just feel like they have gone overboard.

Another thing is if they really care about player saftey, then why on earth would they move to an 18 game schedule? Those are two more games where even with the rules being enforced, players have a chance to get injured. I feel like the NFL has really contradicted themselves on this one.

And **** Goodell

BeerBaron
10-23-2010, 12:39 PM
This week will be an interesting week to watch. Remember a few years ago when hits on the QB were initially cracked down on, Mathais Kiwanuka had wrapped up Vince Young but didn't want to slam him down risking penalty or fine, let him go, and the play wasn't dead.

I expect to see some defenders slow up and possibly miss tackles as a result this week.

MidwayMonster31
10-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I agree that it is a knee jerk reaction. The biggest problem is that this is going to be extremely subjective, therefore calling it is going to be very inconsistent. One other problem is that they keep saying that receivers are defenseless, why don't they do anything to protect themselves from these hits? The Harrison hits were helmet to helmet but the Robinson hit I thought was legit.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Its a maturity issue. Even though the biggest reason there are so many head injuries are the rocked up size and speed of players now (see Dontay Moch) its sad that this is being met with such resistance. Can't we just fix the game that takes the quality of life from our favorite players?

I was a damn good WLB btw, so it's not like I wasn't into laying people out. But I was a teenager.

bearfan
10-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Its a maturity issue. Even though the biggest reason there are so many head injuries are the rocked up size and speed of players now (see Dontay Moch) its sad that this is being met with such resistance. Can't we just fix the game that takes the quality of life from our favorite players?

I was a damn good WLB btw, so it's not like I wasn't into laying people out. But I was a teenager.

I have no issue with protecting the players, but they are taking this to an extreme after one weekend. 3 or 4 hits have now defined how the defense has to play for the rest of the season. And it's not as if the players don't know that football is a dangerous sport, they have just as much ability to see the medical reports as any fan does. They still play.

Football is an agressive sport, and I see these rules as taking some of the agressiveness out of the defense.

And for myself, I don't think that I would have as much of a problem with the enforcement IF the NFL wasn't pushing an 18 game season. They say they want to protect the players, yet they are risking them two more games for the sake of money.

And here is a quote from Josh Cribbs regarding this situation:
"They're making the right strides in trying to protect players but at the same time, the NFL's walking a fine line between just changing the game and changing players' abilities," he said. "This is the NFL. Everybody can't play and everybody's not able to play. You have to be able to take these hits and get up. That's why we get paid the way we do. It's a tough sport."

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-23-2010, 01:43 PM
They still play? What? They don't play just for the love of the game, dude. 3/4 of the league plays for the fat checks they get. They play to provide for their ENTIRE family.

And getting up after taking a big hit is not an ability, its luck. Football being the game of inches that it is, every hit you take is half an inch from paralysis. Thats dangerous enough for me.

bearfan
10-23-2010, 02:50 PM
They still play? What? They don't play just for the love of the game, dude. 3/4 of the league plays for the fat checks they get. They play to provide for their ENTIRE family.

And getting up after taking a big hit is not an ability, its luck. Football being the game of inches that it is, every hit you take is half an inch from paralysis. Thats dangerous enough for me.

If you read what I said, I said that they have just as much acsess to medical reports as anyone else. Meaning, they are aware of the risks of playing football, and they still play. Wether it is for the money or the love of the game is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that they put themselves out there.

And if you don't like the risks that football embodies, then don't watch the sport.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I get the feeling we could do this for days so I'll just say that any argument against making the game we love, sensationalize, and might like our kids to play, safer is bonkers to me. We've changed the game a million times, the world still spins.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Goodness gracious. We've got to sign Jared Gaither and draft BOLA 3 straight rounds. You can make an obvious case for any other position, at least on offense, but if we get an oline itd be like drafting Johnny Knox, Jay Cuter, and Matt Forte.

Currently 1 for 40 on 3rd down the last 3 games.

Gay Ork Wang
10-24-2010, 01:32 PM
so three step drops work, who wouldve thought

BeerBaron
10-24-2010, 02:19 PM

just...

Mr. X
10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
We just need to clean house and hope that old tight ass McCaskey actually hires a competent GM, not likely.

The Bills game is about the only other game we should (will) win and if that is the case we'll be 5-11.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I cant even sum this game up in 10 characters.

Gay Ork Wang
10-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I cant even sum this game up in 10 characters.
I can:

Defense great, offensive incredibly horrible. Penalties help the opponent.

GB12
10-24-2010, 03:23 PM
I didn't count, but that looks like more than ten

Gay Ork Wang
10-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I didn't count, but that looks like more than ten
well okay i meant ten words.

10 characters:

Niggafaggot

MidwayMonster31
10-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't remember the last time I felt this ****** about a 4-3 team.

Bearsfan123
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM

QFT.......

BeerBaron
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM

A 4-3 team that no matter what, will hold at least a share of it's division lead headed into the bye.

How in the hell did we win 4 games? Seriously.....other teams have just been actively shitter than we have been I guess. That's quite a feat for them.

Monomach
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Have I ever mentioned that Lovie Smith is perhaps not the greatest coach vis-a-vis challenges?

If not...LOVIE IS SO STUPID, HE SHOULD WEAR A HELMET AND BIB.