PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26

Monomach
10-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I hate to be the guy to bring it up, but...

IF Cutler isn't Theismann'd this year, what's going to be left for next season? A shellshocked QB with two bad confidence-killing years, a bad case of the yips from his line, and a confused head from 4 offensive coordinators in 4 seasons and however many concussions?

It'd be so Bearish to acquire a young, franchise, pro-bowl QB and ruin him right away.

regoob2
10-24-2010, 11:10 PM
I hate to be the guy to bring it up, but...

IF Cutler isn't Theismann'd this year, what's going to be left for next season? A shellshocked QB with two bad confidence-killing years, a bad case of the yips from his line, and a confused head from 4 offensive coordinators in 4 seasons and however many concussions?

It'd be so Bearish to acquire a young, franchise, pro-bowl QB and ruin him right away.
I was actually thinking the same thing today. I feel so bad for Cutler. He's saying and doing all the right things too. He has so much talent and it seems that we're hell bent on destroying it.

sweetness34
10-25-2010, 12:27 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing today. I feel so bad for Cutler. He's saying and doing all the right things too. He has so much talent and it seems that we're hell bent on destroying it.

I said this on another board, but here goes:

Cutler is not to blame for the OL, the run game, receivers running wrong routes/not finishing routes, bad play calling, etc.

He is however to blame for his bad decisions. Throwing off his back foot, late to the outside. Throwing off his back foot to triple coverage. Not throwing the ball away when nothing is available. Missing throws down the field (like the one to Hester against the Giants).

Cutler may not be the main problem, but he is certainly part of it. He doesn't have much to work with, but at the same token you cannot compound the problem by making mental errors/mistakes.

Control what you can control. When the pocket is good and you have a guy open down the field, ******* throw a strike and hit the guy. When a guy is triple covered and you've got a rush in your face, either throw it away or go down. Don't throw one up for grabs. When you are in the redzone/field goal range, don't sacrifice points to make a play that isn't there. This is game management skills a QB has to have. When to make a play and when to live to play another down. You can't go for the big play all the time. I understand it's his mentality to go down the field and take risks. But at some point you have to realize that what you are doing is not helping matters.

Cutler is a really bad fit for this personnel combined with this offense. He is a much better individual player than Orton, but for Turner's system/players he was not the better player. With Martz he appears to be the right QB, but he doesn't have the line, the WR's or the running game for this offense to be consistently effective. You see flashes occasionally of what this thing can do, but it's not near enough to win games and establish any sort of rhythm.

I've defender Cutler til I was blue in the face, but it's time for him to step up and make some plays when they are there. I know he can do it.

BeerBaron
10-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Something that dawned on me today is how much I'd rather see the defense blitz and sack Cutler than to give him time enough to throw picks.

Why were his interceptions down this year so far? He was getting sacked. Often. Can't throw a pick when you're on the ground.

And frankly, getting sacked and bringing out the punt team is a hell of a lot better than throwing the pick and giving the other team 6 points or excellent field position. Same goes for in the red zone. Throw the pick and you get nothing. Take the sack, and there's still shot for a FG unless you're really far out.

It's back to what was so frustrating about Rex. Even if he threw incomplete or took the sack, we'd at least be able to punt the ball. But not, he'd say "**** it, I'm going deep" and throw the pick. Back out comes the defense with very little rest having to defend a short field.

Gay Ork Wang
10-25-2010, 03:52 AM
to be fair, i think he started to throw more and more off his back foot since he started here cause
a) he is getting pressured alot
b) most of the times he doesnt have the pocket to step up anyways.

while he did make a couple of throws with a nice pocket that were not good, he is far from being a real problem and i believe he is just losing confidence in his line.

MidwayMonster31
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
The 3 step drops are working best since he doesn't have to worry about getting sacked and can get rid of the ball quickly.
From CHFF:
Martz dialed up 44 dropbacks and 16 runs for a team that can’t pass block.

Meeting rooms in Chicago are going to get ugly this week.
Call me crazy, but I actually miss the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

BeerBaron
10-25-2010, 02:49 PM
The days of having Thomas Jones run behind Tait and Reuben and young Kreutz and Miller.....too bad Bad Rex had to pop up and ruin it all.

Monomach
10-25-2010, 06:11 PM
I'd kind of like for us to lose the rest of the games this season. If that happens, the coaching staff and Angelo will FINALLY get kicked to the curb and we'll have some sweet draft picks.

BeerBaron
10-25-2010, 06:23 PM
I'd kind of like for us to lose the rest of the games this season. If that happens, the coaching staff and Angelo will FINALLY get kicked to the curb and we'll have some sweet draft picks.

If I trusted that they'd be sensibly replaced, I'd like to see them go...but I'm terrified of who we might bring in.

I'd rather avoid a switch to the 3-4 for one....nearly half the league runs some variation of it now, and the tweener players you need who were once plentiful are now high on demand. We might see a bunch of 3-4 DEs go in the top 10-15 this upcoming year....yeah, no thanks.

Meanwhile, guys who don't have a great fit in the 3-4 are falling. Stay a 4-3 team and collect those guys and you could make a killing.

Monomach
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
If I trusted that they'd be sensibly replaced, I'd like to see them go...but I'm terrified of who we might bring in.

It's a no-brainer.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3803/chuckyq.jpg

BeerBaron
10-25-2010, 06:34 PM
It's a no-brainer.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3803/chuckyq.jpg

That's who I pretended we hired in the forum mock. And Tennessee's Jim Washburn as Defensive Coordinator.

sweetness34
10-25-2010, 08:05 PM
**** that. I can't stand Lovie or JA, but I still want this team to win every week and go to the playoffs. I've long believed that losing to get a higher pick/fire a coach does more harm than good. It creates a bad atmosphere. I don't think it's a coincidence that Cleveland, Oakland, St. Louis, Buffalo, Detroit, etc consistently have high draft picks, yet they are **** organizations and are constantly bottom feeders in their conferences.

I want the dynamic duo gone just as much as anyone, but there's no way I'm rooting for the Bears to lose. I'd rather see Lovie succeed than watch him fail even though he's a pitiful coach.

sweetness34
10-25-2010, 11:15 PM
I have a theory...newly formed.

Devin Hester (and the special teams) was the main reason we got to the Super Bowl in 2006.

People wonder how Lovie won so many games that year. Yeah, the defense was beastly. Yeah, our run game was good. Yeah, Good Rex demolished teams.

But, I don't think stats are truly indicative of Hester's impact that year. When Devin was on and the offense was somewhat productive, we were unbeatable. He added a dimension the game had never seen before. Instant offense, field position changer. Our special teams were the most underrated aspect of that season by far (including Gould, Maynard and our coverage teams).

I mean looking back when our team was firing on all cylinders it was quite amazing to watch. Green Bay, Seattle, Detroit, San Fran, Buffalo, St. Louis, New Orleans...Those were just things of beauty.

I sometimes think ST's get lost in the mix when breaking down a game. The offense and defense are obviously the main focus, but without a solid special teams unit you likely won't be going anywhere. Cover kicks/punts, make field goals, have a good punter and have a returner who can make plays and it's quite amazing what that can do for your team.

Idk, just watching the Giants march up and down Dallas' field tonight got me thinking. The box score said the Giants dominated, yet they were only up by 4 points at half in part because they couldn't cover punts.

Yeah, special teams don't get much time on the field, but their plays have quite an impact if you truly look at them. Execute consistently on special teams and you'll find yourself either winning a lot of games or in a lot of games you shouldn't be in.

BeerBaron
10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Dave Toub is the man. I pray any new coach we have keeps him around. Also, losing Ayanbajo hurt for the last few years...but it looks live we've started to get going again this season in the return game.

MidwayMonster31
10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
The Bears have had some of the best special teams in the league for years. Ask the Chargers how important special teams are.
I don't feel like rooting for them to lose. For all we know, they could bring in people that are far worse. The Bill fans were probably rooting for our old friend, Dick Jauron, to get fired and now they're stuck with Chan Gailey. I don't want Lovie here anymore either, but I still think we can do a lot worse.

BeerBaron
10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
The Bears have had some of the best special teams in the league for years. Ask the Chargers how important special teams are.
I don't feel like rooting for them to lose. For all we know, they could bring in people that are far worse. The Bill fans were probably rooting for our old friend, Dick Jauron, to get fired and now they're stuck with Chan Gailey. I don't want Lovie here anymore either, but I still think we can do a lot worse.

<ffw to early 2011>

"Despite their recent firings, we've brought in two men with a proven track record of success in this league. I am pleased to announce the new Head Coach of the Chicago Bears, Mr. Brad Childress! And his new offensive coordinator, Mr. Jason Garrett!"

Monomach
10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
<ffw to early 2011>

"Despite their recent firings, we've brought in two men with a proven track record of success in this league. I am pleased to announce the new Head Coach of the Chicago Bears, Mr. Brad Childress! And his new offensive coordinator, Mr. Jason Garrett!"

Sadly, it would be an improvement.

In any case, I would be willing to at least consider Childress for GM.

BeerBaron
10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Sadly, it would be an improvement.

In any case, I would be willing to at least consider Childress for GM.

Garrett calling plays.....Cutler throws a screen to Knox for a 2 yard gain. Cutler throws a screen to Hester for a 2 yard gain. 3rd and 6....Cutler throws a screen to Knox, 2 yard gain.

It would solve our protection problems at least.....

Gay Ork Wang
10-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Knox and Hester dont run 2 yard screens

BeerBaron
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Knox and Hester dont run 2 yard screens

Oh, in Jason Garrett's system they sure would.....

Monomach
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Seriously, though...Childress would not be the worst GM. The guy has been a pretty good talent evaluator. It would prevent him from all of the stupid coaching mistakes and bad playcalls.

dabears10
10-26-2010, 10:41 PM
You know who has been awesome this year, Danieal Manning. He has played great football.

BeerBaron
10-26-2010, 10:42 PM
You know who has been awesome this year, Danieal Manning. He has played great football.

I don't know if I'd call him "awesome," but "less bad than years past" is pretty accurate.

dabears10
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Anyone want Moss? I do, not because it will solve any of our big problems, I just think it would be fun to watch.

BeerBaron
11-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Meh...I'll pass. He's going to go to someone with a really high priority waiver claim anyway. We may suck, but there are a lot teams with worse records.

bearfan
11-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Absolutely not. Why pay the guy the rest of his salary in order to have him leave in the offseason? I'd rather have our guys develop for the next HC that comes around.

J-Mike88
11-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Where the hell are all the Bears fans?
Up in Toronto for the week?

You guys (if anyone is here) expecting a win or loss today?

BeerBaron
11-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Where the hell are all the Bears fans?
Up in Toronto for the week?

You guys (if anyone is here) expecting a win or loss today?

I don't want to talk about it....that should sum up my feelings.

Bearsfan123
11-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Most likely it will be a tough game that we pull out. But none of us are dismissing the fact that there is a 50/50 shot we lose to the winless bills.

bearsfan_51
11-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I am definitely dismissing that.

Todd Collins is back at 2nd QB. Also, Barry Turner is active, Corey Wooten is not.

So there's that...

Gay Ork Wang
11-07-2010, 11:22 AM
i doubt we lose, but im incredibly scared.

Gay Ork Wang
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
someone put me on the suicide watch

BeerBaron
11-07-2010, 01:25 PM
someone put me on the suicide watch

I'm really torn about that timeout we used. I would have at least seen what formation the Bills were planning or something.....****.

Gay Ork Wang
11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
if we lose im gonna kill myself

BeerBaron
11-07-2010, 02:32 PM
if we lose im gonna kill myself

Look at the bright side: It'll mean we're closer to a new staff.

bearsfan_51
11-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Just as a side note, the Panthers are way worse than the Bills.

Not sure why everyone thinks Lovie is getting fired either, but I don't understand most anything Bears fans think anymore.

Gay Ork Wang
11-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Just as a side note, the Panthers are way worse than the Bills.

Not sure why everyone thinks Lovie is getting fired either, but I don't understand most anything Bears fans think anymore.
thats why i never doubted we lose to the panthers even with collins. still.

dabears10
11-07-2010, 03:47 PM
So I imagine the Bears will go 8-8 this year and miss the playoffs and everyone will still be on staff that was on it this year. Hopefully, there will be a decent draft this year.

BeerBaron
11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
So I imagine the Bears will go 8-8 this year and miss the playoffs and everyone will still be on staff that was on it this year. Hopefully, there will be a decent draft this year.

Current staff and good draft don't seem to go together anymore....

I honestly think that's my worst case scenario. If me must miss the playoffs, I'd rather shed the staff along with Angelo.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
^Same theory for the past 3 years: win, or lose so bad we're forced to make changes.

And I think it's official after today. Chris Williams is a bust.

bearfan
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
As much as I want the Bears to win, I hope that we lose as many games as possible this season. IMO this coaching staff and front office will not produce another SB team, and we need new blood in those positions to change the attitude around Halas Hall. I think we have a better chance of being better in the future if we show that we are not a good team now.

bearsfan_51
11-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't think there's an "attitude" problem at Halas Hall, I just think Jerry has swung and missed on the draft the last few years (Johnny Knox aside).

You can forgive it a little bit because they gave up so much to get Cutler, but still. Our depth is terrible, especially on offense.

MidwayMonster31
11-08-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't think there's an "attitude" problem at Halas Hall, I just think Jerry has swung and missed on the draft the last few years (Johnny Knox aside).

You can forgive it a little bit because they gave up so much to get Cutler, but still. Our depth is terrible, especially on offense.I agree. I think that Lovie is actually doing a pretty good job this year. We just don't have the talent to make it happen.
Edit: As for the last few years, the draft has been full of misses since 2005.
2005: 1 starter (Chris Harris)
2006: 2 starters (Danieal Manning, Devin Hester)
2007: 1 starter (Greg Olsen) 2 still on the team (Corey Graham, Garrett Wolfe)
2008: 2 starters (Matt Forte, Chris Williams [really needs to step up]) 4 still on the team (Earl Bennett, Kellen Davis, Craig Steltz, Zach Bowman) So this was good, if Williams steps up.
2009: 1 starter (Johnny Knox) 3 still on team (Henry Melton, DJ Moore, Lance Louis)
2010: Got nothing out of it so far, unless you want to count Webb.

bearfan
11-08-2010, 12:02 PM
What I refer to attitude seems to be Lovie's demeanor. I feel that he is ok with being 8-8, 9-7 ect, I want a coach who wants more. Evaluating from our position is difficult, so I'm going off of what Lovie has showed.

sweetness34
11-09-2010, 02:57 PM
We've played well in 3 of the 8 weeks. And by well I mean competent, fundamental football.

Dallas, Carolina and Buffalo have been our best games.

We lucked into victories against Green Bay/Detroit. We blew monkey balls against the Giants. And the Seattle/Washington games were an abomination.

The win/loss record is pretty good, but our level of play has not been consistent at all.

Our defense dominates and the offense sucks. Our offense gets back on track the next game and the defense gives up the lead 3 times.

We play well on both sides of the football for a quarter and a half and we piss it down the drain.

I'll give him credit on the defense as they've had a very good season so far. But the offense is also on him and not stepping up to Martz sooner than he did was ridiculous. It took this team 7 weeks to finally get Jay out of the pocket and our offense actually looks competent. Amazing and pathetic all rolled into one.

There's still another half of the season to go and we have a tough ******* schedule ahead. We'll see what this team does when it has quality competition every week.

Also, a decent record doesn't make up for the fact that Lovie is one of the worst game coaches in the league. Can't adjust (or refuses to), can't challenge, has no game management skills and looks clueless whenever the cameras are on him.

bearsfan_51
11-09-2010, 05:06 PM
What I refer to attitude seems to be Lovie's demeanor. I feel that he is ok with being 8-8, 9-7 ect, I want a coach who wants more. Evaluating from our position is difficult, so I'm going off of what Lovie has showed.
I'm sorry, but that's silly. You can't judge someone's desire to succeed by the extent to which they get visibly emotionally upset when things are bad. My girlfriend cries almost every day, I don't think that makes her the model for career success.

bearfan
11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry, but that's silly. You can't judge someone's desire to succeed by the extent to which they get visibly emotionally upset when things are bad. My girlfriend cries almost every day, I don't think that makes her the model for career success.

No, you are right. I just cannot stand him as a coach, his ability for mediocrity is what fuels my feelings towards him. Whether this means he gets upset or not, this is what I see from Lovie Smith.

I remember when I had my last straw with him was in his press conference this summer when he was talking about the defense. He said something along the lines of "our defense has been proven to work, so we're going to stick with it." This was before the Peppers signing and the play of the defense this season, but it showed me that Lovie will never change. There is nothing wrong with sticking by your guns, but at that point to hear him say that there is basically nothing wrong with the defense just baffled me.

And I'm in full agreement with Sweetness (on everything, but especially this).

Also, a decent record doesn't make up for the fact that Lovie is one of the worst game coaches in the league. Can't adjust (or refuses to), can't challenge, has no game management skills and looks clueless whenever the cameras are on him.

J-Mike88
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm rooting for you guys this week.

sweetness34
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I'd be alright with Lovie's demeanor if he wasn't such a terrible coach. And yes, he's terrible. He contradicts himself, looks foolish in press conferences and talks to the media as if they are dummies. He goes for TD's instead of taking sure points. He has probably the worst challenge record of any coach. He trusts his scheme waayyy too much. He said twice last year that he didn't have the team prepared enough. He says he backed the offensive plan one week and then followed two minutes later by saying we should've ran the ball more (wait what?).

Belicheck kind of does the same thing as far as being a prick to the media, but at least he gets results. 5-3 is not indicative of how good/bad this team is. Lest we not forget the 3-1 start last year and the train wreck that followed.

You are what your record says you are....at the end of the season (see Denver the past two years).

I'm sure you guys already realize all of this, but there are some people out there that say Lovie should be given a break because we are 5-3 and say he's doing a good job this year. Hell the **** no.

Fire everyone from Phillips on down (keep Marinelli though, I like him). I'd like Martz more if we had the personnel (aka OL) to run his system. He and Lovie are two peas in a pod in terms of stubbornness/trust with their systems.

BeerBaron
11-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Keep Dave Toub too please.

bearsfan_51
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Hell I'd make Dave Toub our head coach.

Edit: For the record, I'm not a Lovie fan either. I never have been. I used to be a huge Jerry fan, but his drafts have been mostly fail lately.

I just don't think they will be fired, and I'm not a big fan of people who scream and yell, so I've never held that against Lovie.

sweetness34
11-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Keep Dave Toub too please.

Forgot about Tuob. Dude is so underrated it's ridiculous. Although Special Teams for the most part don't get looked at much when breaking down games so that's kind of expected for him to be underrated.

I'm not a big fan of yellers either (see Tom Coughlin or John Gruden). But I'd also like a coach with some sort of personality. One that'll get fired up on a big play or get in a players' ear if he ***** up.

Honestly, I'd like a Mike Tomlin type. Dude just oozes leadership and badassness, yet he's not a crazed maniac on the sidelines. Seriously, when I look into his eyes I die a little each time.

I'd also like a coach that demands accountability from the start. Lovie has started to bench guys and hold their feet to the fire, but where was this for the past 6 years? His job is on the line and that's why I see a little change in his demeanor.

dabears10
11-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Forgot about Tuob. Dude is so underrated it's ridiculous. Although Special Teams for the most part don't get looked at much when breaking down games so that's kind of expected for him to be underrated.

I'm not a big fan of yellers either (see Tom Coughlin or John Gruden). But I'd also like a coach with some sort of personality. One that'll get fired up on a big play or get in a players' ear if he ***** up.

Honestly, I'd like a Mike Tomlin type. Dude just oozes leadership and badassness, yet he's not a crazed maniac on the sidelines. Seriously, when I look into his eyes I die a little each time.

I'd also like a coach that demands accountability from the start. Lovie has started to bench guys and hold their feet to the fire, but where was this for the past 6 years? His job is on the line and that's why I see a little change in his demeanor.

My top candidate if Lovie is gone is Leslie Frazier.

The Bears do not have a history of hiring former head coaches. He is a former bear and been a hot name for Head Coaching jobs in the past.

He passes BB's test of 4-3 defense and still is not really labelled as a screamer. I'd want to get to him before the Vikings ditch Childress for him.

bearfan
11-10-2010, 07:39 PM

To 1, yes I agree. My bud and I were discussing the "badass factor" in coaches. I view this moreso as confidence, guys like Tomlin, Rex Ryan, Belichek ect...they have it and the players feel it. This is the next kind of coach I want.

2) I did like that Lovie was doing this, but I agree that he should have done it sooner.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I sure wish we would have taken a flyer on Shawn Andrews this off-season.

He's playing LT for the Giants the past few weeks and looks like his old-self. Absolute **** kicker in the run game.

BeerBaron
11-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Looks like we'll be playing the VIkings without Harvin. Sidney Rice might be a go for the first time this year though. Here's hoping he's rusty as hell.

bearsfan_51
11-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Good win. Never understood why we were underdogs in the first place.

yo123
11-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Good game guys. Please take down the Pack for the division. I can't stand it when they're happy.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
11-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Seems to me our O line only plays decent when up against a 4-3 defense. The only team left on our schedule that plays strictly a 4-3 is Minnesota again.

But it was nice seeing Jay get some time (even though J'Marcus was boxing out defenders better than Joakim Noah)

GB12
11-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Seems to me our O line only plays decent when up against a 4-3 defense. The only team left on our schedule that plays strictly a 4-3 is Minnesota again.

But it was nice seeing Jay get some time (even though J'Marcus was boxing out defenders better than Joakim Noah)

And Philadelphia.

And Detroit.

BeerBaron
11-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Pretty sure we play the Lions again too......

And Philadelphia.

And Detroit.

How dare you beat me to correcting someone in my own forum!!!

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
11-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Save your facts for someone who cares!

BeerBaron
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Dudes, I just realized this.

We've got Miami on a short week with their top two QBs out. They won't have much time to get Thigpen ready, so I really hope our success vs. the run translates against the wildcat. I'm sure we'll see plenty of it.

dabears10
11-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Dudes, I just realized this.

We've got Miami on a short week with their top two QBs out. They won't have much time to get Thigpen ready, so I really hope our success vs. the run translates against the wildcat. I'm sure we'll see plenty of it.

I am more scared of Thigpen than Chad Pennington. I am iggy for Thiggy.

regoob2
11-17-2010, 06:50 AM
I like our matchup with the Dolphins. With there QBs hurt and Jake Long questionable I see Peppers having a big impact. If the run D plays well (as they should) we should win this game.

BeerBaron
11-17-2010, 12:56 PM
I like our matchup with the Dolphins. With there QBs hurt and Jake Long questionable I see Peppers having a big impact. If the run D plays well (as they should) we should win this game.

Aye. I feel our defense is capable of shutting down their offense. We just need to not give it away with mistakes on offense like we did the Redskins game.

bearsfan_51
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Jarron Gilbert cut by the Jets today. Maybe it wasn't the scheme, maybe dude just can't play football.

He can jump out of a pool real pretty though.

regoob2
11-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Jarron Gilbert cut by the Jets today. Maybe it wasn't the scheme, maybe dude just can't play football.

He can jump out of a pool real pretty though.

He was definitely a head scratching pick. On paper he looked like a perfect UT. Oh well.

Monomach
11-18-2010, 09:03 PM
He was definitely a head scratching pick. On paper he looked like a perfect UT. Oh well.

From the start, I thought we should have tried him out at LE. Never did, though.

Monomach
11-18-2010, 10:36 PM
So Miami goes down.

Thoughts on this game:
1) Wow. Webb is turrible. Just turrible.
2) Julius Peppers is a god.
3) Jay Cutler is never going to be a pro bowl QB again without a genuine #1 go-to playmaking receiver who fights for the dozen balls that Cutler lasers into tight windows each game.
4) The best Lovie Smith game is when Lovie Smith just does nothing at all. No blown challenges, no stupid time outs. He just watched the game.
5) Seriously. Webb is so bad, he makes 2009 Omiyale look like Joe Thomas.
6) We had a run game. Sort of. We had a lot of stuffed runs, but big runs ALL TO THE LEFT SIDE made up for it.

dabears10
11-18-2010, 10:47 PM
The Bears are 7-3. What is the record at the end of the year.

I see 9-7. I want to see 10-6, but that's winning a game we probably shouldn't.

BeerBaron
11-18-2010, 10:51 PM
The Bears are 7-3. What is the record at the end of the year.

I see 9-7. I want to see 10-6, but that's winning a game we probably shouldn't.

Well, we seem to have improved since the bye, undefeated since then. And we only lost by 3 in two of our three losses in games we really had to piss away.

Anything is possible, especially in the NFC.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm hearing a lot of talk on tv about 2006. No. This defense is not close to that defense, they're really good-but not like that team. But...

This whole team kinda reminds me of 08 Steelers. No O line, too many sacks, little run game, average to above average passing game (on any given week) and great defense. Just sayin..

Gay Ork Wang
11-19-2010, 03:14 AM
peppers had 3 sacks!

regoob2
11-19-2010, 06:56 AM
From the start, I thought we should have tried him out at LE. Never did, though.
Yeah we did.

regoob2
11-19-2010, 06:58 AM
The interior OL got a pretty consistent push. They didnt look like road graders but definitely looked better. I definitely prefer that scheme compared to the past.

sweetness34
11-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Defense was lights out. Special teams played well. We ran the ball effectively. But God Damn, stop throwing picks off your back foot Jay. For ***** sake. Throw the ball away, scramble or go down. He managed the game extremely well until his gunslinger mentality decided to take over.

Loved his hot reads, patience in the pocket and check downs, but those types of mental errors need to be eliminated on the road. I can live with him taking a shot down field or trying to squeeze it in a tight window, but watching that back foot throw across his body almost cost me a new remote. Stop doing that ****.

Good win though on a short week. It was a bit ugly, but you do what you have to do on the road. I'll eat crow another week, but I still think we're pretenders and this 2nd half of the schedule is going to kick our ass IMO.

BeerBaron
11-19-2010, 01:59 PM
It's pretty sad when I know as soon as Jay throws the ball the passes that will probably be picked off...

I just knew when I saw that one that if it was caught, it wasn't going to be by a Bear.

dabears10
11-19-2010, 02:16 PM
It's pretty sad when I know as soon as Jay throws the ball the passes that will probably be picked off...

I just knew when I saw that one that if it was caught, it wasn't going to be by a Bear.

Wasn't this throw on a 3rd and long from the 40 for something. That's why the pick he threw was not a big deal for me.

MidwayMonster31
11-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Back foot or not, that was an extremely difficult throw to make. One of the reasons Martz's system produces turnovers like that is that he's trying to get the first down, instead of a run up the middle.

BeerBaron
11-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Not sure I like our matchup with the Eagles. Don't like it at all...

dabears10
11-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Yes, I am hoping that we can provide pressure and keep Urlacher to spy and dominate.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-22-2010, 01:08 PM

I don't like the thought of Maclin/Jackson running deep against our secondary.

However, I think we will be able to contain Vick in the run game with our speedy backers + Peppers holding down his side and forcing Vick right.

johanns21
11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I could be wrong, but haven't the Bears defended Vick well when he played for the Falcons....I know the Eagles are a better overall team than those Falcons.

sweetness34
11-22-2010, 01:43 PM
People need to remember the great equalizer that we have against speed at home. Our ****** field. Combine that with our team speed on defense and I think we can contain Philly's offense to a respectable result.

It all starts with our pressure on Vick though. If we can somehow get a 4 man pass rush we'll be gold. But, if we have to start blitzing we could get burned.

I honestly think the defense will hold up. It's the offense (passing game) that I'm really worried about.

Oh, and Hester is gonna have a huge day in returns. You heard it here first. :D

dabears10
11-22-2010, 04:59 PM
I could be wrong, but haven't the Bears defended Vick well when he played for the Falcons....I know the Eagles are a better overall team than those Falcons.

Yes, but now he actually looks to throw the ball. It will expose our poor secondary with him creating extra-time to throw.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
11-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Major Wrights 1st pick this week. And Vicks.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Melton is playing his as$ off right now.

Gay Ork Wang
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
that was nice, although that last pass to celek was unnecessary

J-Mike88
11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
that was nice, although that last pass to celek was unnecessary
And miraculous. Imagine if that was a game-winner.

Anyway, you guys are improving, starting to peak perhaps.
That's the thing about the NFL: teams don't stay the same. Some get better. Some get worse.

You got some wins when maybe you didn't deserve (Calvin Johnson) or outplay the other team (us). But the win counts.

Now you're playing better. Peppers is a beast and I like the fact that it validates the free agency method.

I can't stand people who say FA is too risky. It's less risky than top-10 draft picks because they've never played at this level. We knew Peppers was good enough to dominate... because.... he'd done that already in the NFL.

I would have preferred him to go to San Diego LOL, but I like seeing so-called big risks pay off.

We'll see you guys on January 2nd. Hopefully -for us- that game means the division title, and #2 seed to the winner! We each beat Philly. It will either be them or the Giants for the #2 seed.

We get the Giants the week before the finale against you, so tough games coming in. I like our chances against them though.

If we beat you, and tie you, and each have a 5-1 divisional record, what's the next tiebreaker for the division title?

BeerBaron
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
If we beat you, and tie you, and each have a 5-1 divisional record, what's the next tiebreaker for the division title?

"Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games."

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Gay Ork Wang
11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
that means, right now the bears are leading since we both lost to Washington (WTF?) but the bears have won against miami. So the game in the meadowlands for both teams are must wins and the NE game is still coming up

sweetness34
11-28-2010, 09:52 PM
http://030ad1b.netsolhost.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/20100527-dead-CROW-01-w.jpg

Tastes soooo good. Very good win.

QB play was unreal.

Gay Ork Wang
11-29-2010, 03:19 AM
I ******* love Urlacher:

"Do you think you gonna get respect around the league after this win?"
"I could give a **** to give you the truth"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81c8004d/Statement-game-for-the-Bears

Sniper
11-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Congrats on the win, guys. I'm just going to go ahead and kill Andy Reid for his splendid 44:10 Vick pass to McCoy run ratio.

Gay Ork Wang
11-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Congrats on the win, guys. I'm just going to go ahead and kill Andy Reid for his splendid 44:10 Vick pass to McCoy run ratio.
you gotta admit, the bears rush defense was playing great.

BeerBaron
12-03-2010, 08:42 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/03/bears-running-backs-have-to-be-separated-in-practice/

Chester Taylor and Kahlil Bell need to be separated after a fight in practice.

Better our own players in practice than the other team in game where we get penalized I suppose though...

Monomach
12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/03/bears-running-backs-have-to-be-separated-in-practice/

Better our own players in practice than the other team in game where we get penalized I suppose though...

Bell's probably pissed off that he can't see the field because of Taylor. If I had looked good in limited time but didn't get a chance because a pricey free agent bust were blocking me, I'd probably get a little ticked off, too.

No matter. The future change-of-pace/goal-line back is Harvey Unga, anyway.

BeerBaron
12-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Bell's probably pissed off that he can't see the field because of Taylor. If I had looked good in limited time but didn't get a chance because a pricey free agent bust were blocking me, I'd probably get a little ticked off, too.

No matter. The future change-of-pace/goal-line back is Harvey Unga, anyway.

I don't know that I'd call Taylor a bust yet. Forte basically does everything well that Taylor does and is an overall better athlete. Taylor made his name early in Baltimore and recently in Minny by being a passing situations back (my new term for "3rd Down Back" because I think that's a misnomer....anywho) but Forte does all of those things just as well or better.

He's more of a pure backup, spell Forte kind of guy here, so the opportunities just aren't there as much for him as they were in Minny where he had to come in for AP who couldn't pass blocking worth a damn.

I'm glad to have him because we don't really lose anything when he is on the field and Forte is not.

Monomach
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't know that I'd call Taylor a bust yet. Forte basically does everything well that Taylor does and is an overall better athlete. Taylor made his name early in Baltimore and recently in Minny by being a passing situations back (my new term for "3rd Down Back" because I think that's a misnomer....anywho) but Forte does all of those things just as well or better.

He's more of a pure backup, spell Forte kind of guy here, so the opportunities just aren't there as much for him as they were in Minny where he had to come in for AP who couldn't pass blocking worth a damn.

I'm glad to have him because we don't really lose anything when he is on the field and Forte is not.
The guy is sporting an average of 2.6 yards per carry. We certainly do lose something when he's on the field. He's the same kind of back as Forte, but a little worse in every way (and a lot worse as far as speed goes)...and way more expensive. It's not the line's fault. After all, Forte has to run behind the same guys.

I admit...I thought it was a good signing at the time, but now I'd like him gone at the first time that it's feasible, contract-wise. What we need is a real change-of-pace guy. Someone who runs with the physicality that Forte and Taylor both lack.

BeerBaron
12-03-2010, 09:15 AM
The guy is sporting an average of 2.6 yards per carry. We certainly do lose something when he's on the field. He's the same kind of back as Forte, but a little worse in every way (and a lot worse as far as speed goes)...and way more expensive. It's not the line's fault. After all, Forte has to run behind the same guys.

I admit...I thought it was a good signing at the time, but now I'd like him gone at the first time that it's feasible, contract-wise. What we need is a real change-of-pace guy. Someone who runs with the physicality that Forte and Taylor both lack.

Well, a lot of that poor average comes from early in the year where we had nothing going on the o-line and both he and Forte were going nowhere. Now that we've gotten some consistency on the o-line and are committed to running the ball more, we've just been giving a lot more carries to Forte.

I'd like to keep him around longer. If for nothing else than to piss off Minnesota who has to regret letting him get away...Toby Gerhart to replace him? Wtf were they thinking?

dabears10
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Bear Down!

Let's make it a no doubter today in Detroit!

iowatreat54
12-05-2010, 02:51 PM
The Chicago Bears are 9-3 and in first place in the NFC North.

What the **** is going on....

bearfan
12-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Well I'm eating crow on this season. I didn't think we would get more than 7 wins by the end of the season... The OL still looks awful, but now that we're balancing the offense we have become a much better team.

Still want Jerry Angelo gone...

Mr. X
12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
You must remember that this is the season of a spectacularly weak NFC (some of that is due to injuries, aswell). Our DL and LBs have easily been what has gotten us to the point of being a >500 team, but I'm willing to beat we're going to be an early exit from the playoffs.

I'll be happy if we end the year with good production out of the offense to build up on next season, though clearly Lovie and Angelo need to be on a short leash as one good year doesn't excuse all the ******** from the previous seasons.

GB12
12-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Posted this in the Packers thread, but it applies to you guys too.

You know, if we can't get a bye it might actually be better to be a wild card team anyway. Yeah we wouldn't get a home game, but we'd play St. Louis instead of Philadelphia. Week 17 could be a win-still kind of win for the Packers and Bears. Winner gets a bye, loser plays the NFC West.

bearsfan_51
12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
**** me, will somebody else lose a game?

dabears10
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Anyone want Haynesworth? He would either make the team a Super Bowl type team or destroy the team.

BeerBaron
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Anyone want Haynesworth? He would either make the team a Super Bowl type team or destroy the team.

Well, no one is touching that contract on waivers, we should have a shot at him. I'd absolutely see if we could bring him in for the rest of the year. If he gets a chip on his shoulder and gets back to Titan Al, no one would be able to stop our d-line.

If not, he never needs to see the field. I don't see much of a downside. If he sucks and comes in and tries to be a cancer, get rid of him. It's not like we paid him the $100 million+

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-06-2010, 04:36 PM

Wow. How did I miss this? Kind of funny.

I figured when everyone loved the Taylor move in the off-season it would turn out to be a bust. Not exactly calling him a bust, but he hasn't come close to making an impact. I really question his future in Chicago. However, we don't exactly have luxury to draft his replacement due to other needs.

BeerBaron
12-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Wow. How did I miss this? Kind of funny.

I figured when everyone loved the Taylor move in the off-season it would turn out to be a bust. Not exactly calling him a bust, but he hasn't come close to making an impact. I really question his future in Chicago. However, we don't exactly have luxury to draft his replacement due to other needs.

All part of why I'd like to keep him around. He's not making big time starter money or anything, and he's an excellent backup to have given his experience and well roundedness. Very few players would look good running behind our o-line as it is right now, so I'm willing to give him a pass this season.

MidwayMonster31
12-06-2010, 04:40 PM
In Taylor's defense, a lot of people were not expecting Forte to be as good as he is right now.
Regardless, I can handle trading down in the first, especially since Sherrod and Castanzo are not considered to be elite. If we can nab a tackle, along with Stefan Wisniewski, that would work very well.

BeerBaron
12-06-2010, 04:49 PM
In Taylor's defense, a lot of people were not expecting Forte to be as good as he is right now.
Regardless, I can handle trading down in the first, especially since Sherrod and Castanzo are not considered to be elite. If we can nab a tackle, along with Stefan Wisniewski, that would work very well.

A trade down would be very nice to pull off since I think we address some of our biggest needs in the 2nd or 3rd round, like interior lineman, DL depth, secondary depth, etc.

But I never get my hopes up for a trade down. I'd definitely take someone like Sherrod in the early-mid 20s and think nothing of it. We just need guys who can play early and play well. Even if he's not elite, he'd be a major upgrade for us at LT.

Gay Ork Wang
12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
tbh i like what Chester is bringing to the table, when we take out forte and put in chester, we have no really big dropoff. chester is a great blocker, is versatile and fights for every yard. i mean the most success Forte has is running outside. Chester Taylor is more of a inside the tackles guy and well, you know how good our interior is.

regoob2
12-07-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=7360

I love it! Big Herman is the man! Super Bowl!

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Me too, I'm psyched! Loved him coming out! Please don't suck!

BeerBaron
12-08-2010, 12:37 AM
He was on the Arizona Cardinals practice squad.....I don't expect much. But, who knows...worth a shot.

regoob2
12-08-2010, 07:00 AM
He was on the Arizona Cardinals practice squad.....I don't expect much. But, who knows...worth a shot.
Most teams practice squads have better O linemen then our starters.

Monomach
12-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I am inordinately psyched about this. I mean...I'm really, really excited about a practice squad player. Now if we can get Duke Robinson, we'll have the guard combo I really wanted from that draft.

It's too bad we didn't get the complimentary back to Forte that I kept mocking to us in the fifth round of that draft. The Texans seem to like him. :cry:

Monomach
12-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Aw, hell. Just read that they're going to work him in at right tackle. The guy's feet are waaaaay too slow for that. He's going to be Webb 2.0 out there.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-08-2010, 09:53 AM
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Why are we so arrogant that we think we can do things that the rest of the league knows can't happen.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Arrogant? He's the 53rd man on our roster. He was cut by the Cardinals. It's not like we're turning John Elway into a tight end.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah dude, arrogant. A little like your comment. He wasn't cut, either, but thats not my point. He plays Guard because he doesn't have the agility needed to play Tackle. Which clearly means nothing to us. Moving him to a position hes set up to fail at is what is arrogant.

And we do it every year.

regoob2
12-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Johnson has potential. He profiles as a mauling RT or an OG. I think he can be a better RT then Webb. He's more athletic then people think. He looks lean at 360. He's at best a backup and could turn into a valuable one who can spell at RT, LG and RG and could come in at the goalline.

Gay Ork Wang
12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
its a practice squad guy, not really something to get all worked up about. I mean the cards dont have a great Oline and still let him go so take thats for what its worth

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
It's seriously fVcked up when we can talk about a recently picked up practice squad player as a legit starter for our OL.

I liked Big Herm @ LSU. Wouldn't trust his feet at RT, but maybe he can move some people at RG. He's a decent practice squad prospect, ill give you that. Tice probably likes him.

regoob2
12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
It's seriously fVcked up when we can talk about a recently picked up practice squad player as a legit starter for our OL.

I liked Big Herm @ LSU. Wouldn't trust his feet at RT, but maybe he can move some people at RG. He's a decent practice squad prospect, ill give you that. Tice probably likes him.

No body said plug him in day one. He does have a lot of potential though. He was a good pickup.

BeerBaron
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Not a guy who I think we plan to let see the field this year. But we'll let Tice work with him and see if he can be developed for future use. If not.....we're not exactly out anything. No real risk....it's not like traded a draft pick or something for him.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-08-2010, 01:17 PM
He'll work in goal line pachages this year.

regoob2
12-08-2010, 01:24 PM
I'll take him over Ervin Baldwin.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah dude, arrogant. A little like your comment. He wasn't cut, either, but thats not my point. He plays Guard because he doesn't have the agility needed to play Tackle. Which clearly means nothing to us. Moving him to a position hes set up to fail at is what is arrogant.

And we do it every year.
I'm arrogant? You're some guy acting like you know better than professionals based on almost nothing.

Also, he was cut, how do you think he ended up on the practice squad?

Learn your **** or shut up.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, you can just meet me by the bike racks.

MidwayMonster31
12-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I think we're making a little bit too big of a deal out of this. I don't know what Herman Johnson will do for us, if anything.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Bike racks are too close to the school. Alley behind the gas station.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Congratulations on winning the division. Your D and special teams are too good for you to flub an effective 2.5 game lead with 4/3 left to play and our only offensive player coming off a concussion.

Hope to have a healthy season-long battle next year.

regoob2
12-12-2010, 05:14 PM
It looks like our guys arent comfortable with there footing and NE is running circles around us.

BeerBaron
12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
****** weeks will happen....I'm glad the Packers lost too at least. And they get NE next week, so hopefully another loss for them there.

The Pats are just real hot right now and we're a poor matchup schematically. Not the worst thing in the world, I just hope we get back on track next week.

Monomach
12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Fire everyone.

Monomach
12-12-2010, 05:17 PM
****** weeks will happen....I'm glad the Packers lost too at least. And they get NE next week, so hopefully another loss for them there.

The Pats are just real hot right now and we're a poor matchup schematically. Not the worst thing in the world, I just hope we get back on track next week.

Meaning they have a passing game and our pass defense is horrible?

BeerBaron
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Meaning they have a passing game and our pass defense is horrible?

Well they do willingly what our defense is designed to force them to do. Short passes, short passes, short passes.....we make them dink and dunk and then hope for a red zone stop or turnover. But that is their offensive gameplan....so it doesn't really work.

Also, they decided to just run it on us and for whatever reason, we were vulnerable to it today.

Just a ****** off day..hopefully the only one we have.

Gay Ork Wang
12-12-2010, 05:34 PM
guys, Packers losing is a lot better for us than us winning. We can clinch next week if we win against the vikes and the pats lose

BeerBaron
12-12-2010, 05:38 PM
guys, Packers losing is a lot better for us than us winning. We can clinch next week if we win against the vikes and the pats lose

I think it's the Packers that need to lose......And I'd have preferred it if we won AND they lost, but alas. I'll take a double loss.....as long as we stay ahead.

Gay Ork Wang
12-12-2010, 06:16 PM
yea i meant the packs

MidwayMonster31
12-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I'll feel better about this when the Patriots waste the Packers the same way they did with us.
A lot of people think the Knox fumble (apparently it's not down if your butt lands on the defender's foot), but I think the failed interception in the first quarter on that tipped pass screwed us a lot more.

Gay Ork Wang
12-13-2010, 07:22 AM
seems like we only really sucked in the 2nd quarter and even then, it was a weird ass Fumble recovery and a ******* dumb TD to end the half. Also we allowed those 2 huge returns. I still feel bad but it seems like we didnt lose that bad completely because we just couldnt do better but because we kinda gave a helping hand to the pats

bearsfan_51
12-13-2010, 08:03 AM
The Patriots are in another league right now, if you thought we were a Superbowl team this was your wake-up call. Otherwise, ho-hum.

At least we didn't lose to the Lions. Ha!

SFbear
12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
I didn't expect us to win but I'm not really sure what to think of the fact that the Bears look like a team that isn't meant to play in the snow. Something about that seems odd.

iowatreat54
12-13-2010, 12:44 PM
The Patriots are in another league right now, if you thought we were a Superbowl team this was your wake-up call. Otherwise, ho-hum.

At least we didn't lose to the Lions. Ha!

Seriously, I've already read/talked to some "fans" who were flabbergasted that this loss happened. Granted, I didn't expect a blowout like this (maybe just a slight drubbing), but anyone who really thought we were going to beat the Pats is kinda dumb. Most of us knew going in it was a longshot and really aren't that surprised. But people talking like how the Bears are an embarrassment and blah blah for losing like this are dumb.

Sure, I'd love to win the Super Bowl, but we aren't that good of a team. I expected like 6 wins this year, so making the playoffs is a huge success imo. Although, it comes with likely keeping Lovie at least another year...sigh...

jrdrylie
12-13-2010, 12:51 PM
I didn't expect us to win but I'm not really sure what to think of the fact that the Bears look like a team that isn't meant to play in the snow. Something about that seems odd.

I think we are reading too much into this loss. A few dropped passes (by the offens and defense) and a few bad calls caused the score to be much worse than it should have been.

On the first TD, Gronkowski obviously pushed off Urlacher. If the ref would have called it (it was right in front of him). That TD becomes a FG. Previously, the Bears missed an easy INT. And that Johnny Knox "fumble." Horrible call. Take 7 more points off the board. Then there was the "holding penalty" on Manumaleuna on the play where he fell down. Another terrible call. Thos two drives would have netted between 6-14 points for the Bears.

The last touchdown of the half was just Coach Belichick sticking a dagger in there. In a closer game, I doubt that play is even called.

I'm not saying the Bears are better than the Patriots. They aren't. But are they 29 points worse? Absolutely not. If not for terrible officiating, the halftime score is probably 20-10 instead of 29-0.

bearfan
12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
You know, I don't think it was so much us playing that bad as much as it was the Patriots being better than us and executing better. Hopefully our team now realizes what they need to do, and maybe the FO will see how to build a winner.

sweetness34
12-13-2010, 02:27 PM

My thoughts exactly. I really should've been more pissed yesterday, but then I realized that this team is who I thought they were.

m_N1OjGhIFc

Still though. I thought they'd at least put up somewhat of a fight. That was quite a pathetic performance on our home field. Total team meltdown.

Monomach
12-13-2010, 07:14 PM

Small, speedy receivers? Speedy defenders?

We're a dome team.

A week ago or so, the fact that the Bears had a 92 passer rating on turf vs 76 on grass came out.

BeerBaron
12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/14/vikings-working-to-get-tcf-bank-stadium-ready-for-monday/

So the Vikings are getting the University of Minnesota's stadium ready to play next week when we go there. Maybe they watched how bad we sucked in poor weather and are trying to turn it into an advantage for them.

But in good news (for us) they might be without Favre or Jackson, meaning rookie Joe Webb will start or possibly a street FA. Either way, that will help as long as we shut down AP...we got gashed pretty good by BGE last week, so I'm hoping we fix whatever the hell was wrong with our normally dominant run defense.

regoob2
12-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Steve Smith anyone? He has more left in the tank then our guys will ever have. Ive always been a huge fan of his. Not sure if Id give more then a 5th with his contract though.

Monomach
12-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Steve Smith anyone? He has more left in the tank then our guys will ever have. Ive always been a huge fan of his. Not sure if Id give more then a 5th with his contract though.

Me want time machine. Me want go back punch stupid Jerry Angelo in stupid face. Me want Anquan Boldin. Me mad Bears have all slot receivers.

BeerBaron
12-18-2010, 02:11 PM
It's official, the Vikings will be starting Joe Webb against us. And it will be at U of Minnesota's outdoor stadium with the frozen field.

If we win and the Pats beat the Rodgers-less Packers, we win the division.

sweetness34
12-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Rodgers out. Favre/Jackson out. Division title is ours with a win and a Packers loss.

Why the **** do I feel like we're going to blow it on Monday Night? God dammit I hate Lovie Smith. The playoffs have basically been handed to us on a silver platter and I have absolutely no confidence that we're going to come through.

Yes, I'm a Debbie downer. Someone please try and convince me otherwise.

BeerBaron
12-19-2010, 08:41 PM
I just don't understand how we got so thoroughly thrashed by the same Patriots team who looks awful vs. the Packers tonight.

And I agree in that I have no faith in us. Zero. None. Rookie 6th round QB starting for the Vikings? We'll probably **** it up somehow.....AP will run for 250 because we went and forgot how to tackle or something equally insane.

Monomach
12-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Favre is starting, but the best running back in the NFL is not playing.

Guess Favre wanted one last chance to play spoiler. Or something. Hope he gets a concussion tonight. Someone needs to forcibly let him know that he's done.

VoteLynnSwan
12-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I think we might be better off with Favre back there... At least he's less mobile than Webb. Granted we could probably put 8 in the box every play against Webb.

BeerBaron
12-20-2010, 07:22 PM
For whatever reason, I was happier and a bit more confident thinking we were going to play Webb and AP. Favre....if you were writing the story, how would you have it end?

Mr. X
12-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Favre makes a simple throw and it's being hyped as a world class throw by these ******* stooges. Glad to see being hopped up on pain killers and being wreckless are traits ESPN holds highly.

Monomach
12-20-2010, 08:45 PM
You know...I bet he's been planning this.

"Boy! I shore am tuckered out! Mebbe I'll just take me a little ole break. I'll come back for the last three games and still get to retire with 300 starts."

Gay Ork Wang
12-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

marshallb
12-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Congrats guys. You kicked our ass. As soon as I heard Adrian was out I said this may get ugly, and it did...

Congrats on winning the division, I'd rather we pass the torch on to you guys rather than the Pack.

Vikes99ej
12-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Good game gentlemen, still like you guys more than the Pack. Don't go off winnin' the Superb Owl though

dabears10
12-20-2010, 10:54 PM
NFC North Champs!

I remember the Packers fans after we beat them giving no notice about the Bears having a chance at the NFC North. They are probably still saying it.

GB12
12-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Good game gentlemen, still like you guys more than the Pack. Don't go off winnin' the Superb Owl though

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060205214714/uncyclopedia/images/7/7c/Superb_owl.jpg

BeerBaron
12-21-2010, 06:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/21/steve-smith-doesnt-want-to-think-about-next-year/

The more I read and think about it, the more I think I'd be willing to trade up to a 3rd rounder for Steve Smith. Preferably we'd get him for a 5th, but I think he still has some gas left in the tank and could explode in a Martz system.

He wouldn't be the big, physical receiver I (and I assume Cutler) would like, but for a mid round pick, the potential he brings could be huge. I just remember him running wild all over us in the 2005 playoffs...I know he's a few years older, but if he's even 75% of that player anymore, he'd still be our #1 WR pretty easily, and would be a good guy for Knox and Hester to learn a bit from.

....as long as he doesn't punch anyone...

BeerBaron
12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
I was typing something up earlier and was reminded of this play. Has nothing to do with us or anything recent, but I think we can all enjoy anything that has to do with the Vikings sucking:

VWGe1cf0M9o

I remember seeing that live. I think the game I was watching had just ended and shifted to that one moments before the play happened. Was pretty awesome.

regoob2
12-22-2010, 08:16 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/21/steve-smith-doesnt-want-to-think-about-next-year/

The more I read and think about it, the more I think I'd be willing to trade up to a 3rd rounder for Steve Smith. Preferably we'd get him for a 5th, but I think he still has some gas left in the tank and could explode in a Martz system.

He wouldn't be the big, physical receiver I (and I assume Cutler) would like, but for a mid round pick, the potential he brings could be huge. I just remember him running wild all over us in the 2005 playoffs...I know he's a few years older, but if he's even 75% of that player anymore, he'd still be our #1 WR pretty easily, and would be a good guy for Knox and Hester to learn a bit from.

....as long as he doesn't punch anyone...
I wouldnt give up a 3rd. A 5th yeah. Maybe a 4th.

BeerBaron
12-22-2010, 08:49 PM
I wouldnt give up a 3rd. A 5th yeah. Maybe a 4th.

I meant to put in there "up to a 3rd" if he restructures his contract...thought I did, guess not.

But I think the change of scenery might be able to spark him Moss-to-the-Patriots initially style.

regoob2
12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I meant to put in there "up to a 3rd" if he restructures his contract...thought I did, guess not.

But I think the change of scenery might be able to spark him Moss-to-the-Patriots initially style.If they restructure his contract then maybe. Not sure Smith would do that though.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Well on paper hes the perfect guy for us. Perfect Martz receiver, and perfect throw-it-up, box out the defender, catch anything around him Cutler receiver.

5th only though.

CameronCropper
12-25-2010, 02:39 PM
I think we need that sort of Anquan Boldin/Brandon Marshall type of player for this offense to be complete.

A lot has been made of Mike Martz's adjustments over the course of the season, but let's be honest all that's really changed is that we've reverted back to the WCO of years past (outside of the bubble screens on 3rd and 19, thanks Ron); we're running the ball a lot more and instead of Martz's typical long developing deep plays, it's more the short to intermediate plays through the air.

If Cutler had a big bodied reciever that he could dump the ball off to and rely on him to get some YAC, our offense would be scary as hell.

BeerBaron
12-25-2010, 02:59 PM
A guy who fits that type of description who I was very impressed with yesterday is Greg Salas of Hawaii. 6'2 210....not especially fast or agile but he makes the "dirty" catches like a Boldin. Would likely be a very good target for Cutler when he decides to just chuck the ball up for the receiver.

Probably a 3rd/4th round pick at this point. I don't expect him to test especially well, so that would help us get him at a bargain draft pick price.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Salas reminds me of Austin Collie. Which would still be nice to give Jay. Ronald Johnson is more like what we have but quicker and more of a play-maker imo and could come at that bargain you're looking for.

Gay Ork Wang
12-26-2010, 08:37 AM
i dont think we are ever going to be picked to win a game till this season is over

BeerBaron
12-26-2010, 09:46 AM
i dont think we are ever going to be picked to win a game till this season is over

But we're luckyyyyy!!

dabears10
12-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Bear down! Getting close to having home field!

BeerBaron
12-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Bear down! Getting close to having home field!

We need the Falcons to lose out....so I'm not counting on it. But #2 seed still rocks.

the_legend_killer
12-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Best news of all, you guys have lots to play for next week against Green Bay!

Monomach
12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Can't decide whether I want to have a bye or play the Rams in the first round. Hmmmmmm.

BeerBaron
12-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Can't decide whether I want to have a bye or play the Rams in the first round. Hmmmmmm.

We wouldn't play them anyway. They'd be the 4th seed and will host the 5th seed. We'll be either #2 or #3.

Gay Ork Wang
12-26-2010, 03:26 PM
the question is: Root for the packers or the giants?

Packers in the Playoffs or first round bye?

BeerBaron
12-26-2010, 03:27 PM
the question is: Root for the packers or the giants?

Packers in the Playoffs or first round bye?

Um...root for the Giants. The Eagles hold the tiebreaker with them, and we hold the tiebreaker over the Eagles. So as long as the Eagles have a record as good or better than the Giants, we'd get the #2 seed.

Gay Ork Wang
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
if they both lose we clinch

MidwayMonster31
12-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Go for the bye. I think they might get the Saints in the second round if the Giants get in and somehow get past the Eagles.

CameronCropper
12-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Our offense is getting better and better with every passing week.

Now that Jay Cutler is getting some time to stand in the pocket and has some support from the run game, he's as good as anyone in the league. I mean that, with time in the pocket outside of possibly Tom Brady and Peyton Manning there isn't a quarterback I'd rather have.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-26-2010, 04:52 PM
**** I miss Jay.

regoob2
12-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Our offense is getting better and better with every passing week.

Now that Jay Cutler is getting some time to stand in the pocket and has some support from the run game, he's as good as anyone in the league. I mean that, with time in the pocket outside of possibly Tom Brady and Peyton Manning there isn't a quarterback I'd rather have.
Me too. When he has time to throw it seems like he's always making big times throws down the field.

Gay Ork Wang
12-26-2010, 06:45 PM
especially with our fast receivers, a bit more time usually means someone beaten downfield

CameronCropper
12-26-2010, 07:11 PM
All season long Cutler's caught a lot of crap about his mechanics and not getting the football out quick enough. It's a little difficult to have picture perfect mechanics behind the worst line in the NFL, but to their credit the line has played quite well recently and Jay looks like the quarterback we saw in Denver.

bearfan
12-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I was impressed today with J. Webb at RT. That right side of the line was getting good push in the running game, and when I was watching him in pass protection he was holding his own. Maybe the guy has some potential to be long term? In watching this game in comparison to some of his other games he showed a lot of good today.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-26-2010, 11:03 PM
So how about the TD to Knox(First one?). He looked like he just flicked it and it was a ******' missile. IMO Cutler is the most underrated QB in the NFL. The dude just wants to win, and if it means taking chances, he'll ******' do it. And even though plenty of those chances get picked off, plenty more result in big plays. Outside of the Redskins and Giants games, he's been phenomenal.

dabears10
12-26-2010, 11:28 PM
So how about the TD to Knox(First one?). He looked like he just flicked it and it was a ******' missile. IMO Cutler is the most underrated QB in the NFL. The dude just wants to win, and if it means taking chances, he'll ******' do it. And even though plenty of those chances get picked off, plenty more result in big plays. Outside of the Redskins and Giants games, he's been phenomenal.

In honor of Jay releasing the Kraken today you should go back to CutlerChris for the week.

VoteLynnSwan
12-27-2010, 02:32 AM
we saw today what Jay can do with a clean pocket... it's pretty scary how great this offense would be with good protection.

I'm thinking draft wise we have to look at OL despite the recent success.

Gay Ork Wang
12-27-2010, 05:58 AM
if it were me id go all Secondary and Oline in the next draft.

bearsfan_51
12-27-2010, 08:53 AM
We could use some d-line depth too, especially if (when) Tommie gets cut.

GOTTI
12-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Hello Bears fans.

Just wanted to post a nice little note that we can all quote after the Packers embarrass the Bears next week. Bears are overrated. The Packers will crush them. It won't be close. If they play in the playoffs, the Bears will once again lose handily.

Sincerely,

-GOTTI

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Hello Bears fans.

Just wanted to post a nice little note that we can all quote after the Packers embarrass the Bears next week. Bears are overrated. The Packers will crush them. It won't be close. If they play in the playoffs, the Bears will once again lose handily.

Sincerely,

-GOTTI

He be trollin'

GOTTI
12-27-2010, 11:34 AM
He be trollin'

Nah just creating some competitive sentiments. Bears fans are maaad though, they be hittin my rep! Oh nooozz :(

iowatreat54
12-27-2010, 12:34 PM
if it were me id go all Secondary and Oline in the next draft.

After this season, I've decided that we should go OL early and often in the draft and free agency, but hopefully moreso the former. Second I would say is DL. I was thinking about DB, but unless there's a can't miss guy potential-wise that falls to us in the first couple rounds, I'm ok with our secondary right now even though they are very suspect.

I think we should just go apeshit on drafting OL of different molds and see what we can get...kinda like throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks. Then, address DL and DB as 1a and 1b randomly. I've decided that given a somewhat competent OL, I'm perfectly happy with the pieces we have on offense and should draft a WR unless a ridiculous talent falls in our laps.

Also, yesterday, I kept noticing that when a Jets run play came up big, the announcers would usually say something to the effect of, "You see Harris there just getting blown off his position.." It's really sad how far he's fallen.

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Tommie has been absolutely awful the last few seasons. At this point he's an overpaid JAG. I absolutely expect him to be cut this year...I don't even want him back at a discount if he were willing. We can find someone younger, still cheaper and at least just as good in the late rounds of the draft.

One thing with the o-line I'd like to see us try would be to grab a "stud" or two in the first 3 rounds, then use some late rounders on guys who maybe don't have as high of ceiling, but got lots of starting experience at bigger schools.

MidwayMonster31
12-27-2010, 01:37 PM
I think DT is pretty underrated this year. Drake Nevis could drop since he can't play in a 3-4, and he would be a great fit for our scheme. I also really like Jarvis Jenkins from Clemson. He's more of an all-around player. We do need more talent on both fronts. The first three picks need to be some kind of combination of offensive line and defensive tackle.

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't even mind picking up like a speed rushing DE in the middle rounds, or earlier if someone really drops.

Right now we've got Peppers, Idonije and Wootton developing behind them. Peppers is just a freak, but they're all bigger guys and Idonije and Wootton don't really have much in the way of a speed rush.

A smaller speedier guy we could bring in on passing situations like 3rd and long, while moving One of our other guys inside would really give us more of an impactful pass rush I think.

regoob2
12-27-2010, 02:35 PM

Tommie is actually playing better. He's becoming a decent run stuffer. We definitely need an upgrade but he's at least playing better.

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 03:35 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/27/bears-sign-toeaina-mannelly-to-contract-extensions/

Toeaina signs a 3 year extension. Good minor starter/rotational guy. We also resigned Mannelly for 2 more years...has to lead the league in LS tackles.

bearsfan_51
12-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Tommie is actually playing better. He's becoming a decent run stuffer. We definitely need an upgrade but he's at least playing better.
Doesn't matter, unless he takes a drastic paycut, he's gone.

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Doesn't matter, unless he takes a drastic paycut, he's gone.

I wouldn't even want him then...Like I said earlier, even with a pay cut, we could definitely find someone younger and cheaper who likely has more potential in the mid-late rounds of the draft or a minor FA.

Gay Ork Wang
12-27-2010, 03:55 PM
im happy with resigning Maynard. I dont recall a single missnap

iowatreat54
12-27-2010, 04:39 PM
im happy with resigning Maynard. I dont recall a single missnap

Impressive that Maynard was snapping the ball as well as punting it to himself.... lol

But yea, happy we resigned Mannelly. Of all things, the Bears have always (more or less) understood the importance of special teams. We're pretty spoiled having Maynard, Gould, and Mannelly.

Gay Ork Wang
12-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Mannelly and Maynard, same thing, two people as one well oiled machine!

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Rant time.

For most of my life, I suppose I wasn't a true Bears fan when it comes to what I thought of the Packers. This is possibly due to the fact that I'm not from the area and my hatred of a team was always focused on the Eagles. I've always had a healthy respect for the Packers as a team....Favre was a great QB for many years and they seem to go about doing their business the right way.

But recently, especially this season, many of their fans have become absolutely intolerable. It seems like the Packers always seem to get brought up in every ******* thread in the NFL main forum.

Some well meaning person will start a thread to debate the best defensive lineman in the league today and maybe someone will mention a Packer in passing.........then BAM! Some idiot Packer fan has to come in and be like "BJ RAJI IS THE BEST DT IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU MUST NEVER HAVE WATCHED A PACKERS GAME AND YOU ARE STUPID AND SHOULD KILL YOURSELF."

NO other fan base is this bad. It doesn't matter what the topic is, they or a player of theirs is sure to get brought up. Who is the best CB in the NFL today? "IT IS CHARLES WOODSON BUT HE IS GETTING OLD AND SOON IT WILL BE TRAMON WILLIAMS AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU HAVENT WATCHED ANY PACKERS GAMES AND ARE STUPID AND SHOULD KILL YOURSELF HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY DISAGREE IF YOUVE SEEN EVEN A SINGLE PACKERS GAME."

Who is the best team in the NFL right now? "ITS THE PACKERS IMAGINE IF THEY DIDNT HAVE INJURIES THEY WOULD BE SO AMAZING BUT THEY HAVE INJURIES AND I WILL NOW LIST 17 PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN INJURED AT SOME POINT THIS YEAR TO PROVE TO YOU JUST HOW RIGHT I AM I MEAN IMAGINE IF THEY HAD FINLEY AND GRANT AND BARNETT OMGZZZ SUPERBOWL 16-0 CHAMPIONS HALL OF FAME!"

And it could be something that has absolutely nothing to do with them, and it gets brought up. How much is Larry Fitzgerald worth to trade for? I mean he's, a top 2-3 WR in the league right now at worst. Then, there comes a Packer fan...."HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID TO LEAVE GREG JENNINGS OFF THE LIST HE IS THE BEST WR RIGHT NOW AND IS SO GROSSLY UNDERRATED BY THIS BOARD ITS DISGUSTING HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE HIM IN YOUR TOP THREE YOU JUST MUST BE AN IGNORANT PIG BEARS FAN WHO DOESNT WATCH ENOUGH PACKERS GAMES AND ALSO JAMES JONES AND DONALD DRIVER SHOULD BE MENTIONED AS WELL OUR WR IS THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE STUPID AND SHOULD KILL YOURSELF.

There was a post by GoW....I forget in which thread...but it was just about Peppers being good. And he is. No mention of anyone or anything Packers related......a few posts later some douchebag Packers fan is like "YEAH BUT CLAY IS BETTER THE EXAMPLE YOU PUT OF PEPPERS CHASING A GUY DOWN IS NOT AS GOOD AS MY EXAMPLE OF CLAY CHASING A GUY DOWN CLAY RAN DOWN A RB FROM BEHIND WITH LIKE 4.4 SPEEDZZ AND THE GUY ONLY GOT 1 YARD GAIN AND INSTEAD OF A 4YARD GAIN HE'S AWESOME"

Totally unprovoked attack....

An I'm ******* sick of it! Every ******* thread it seems like they get brought up in. Or worse yet, they'll start a thread like the current best DT thread, and try to weasel in a Packers player to get a reaction. Really? BJ Raji is the #2 DT behind Haloti Ngata and may even be better than him except no one gives him any respect and the Packers have injuries? (or something....I'm predicting that the thread is headed that direction....)

/rant

CameronCropper
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/Zaceh/Emperor.jpg

"Good! Your hate has made you powerful."

Monomach
12-27-2010, 06:49 PM
The Packers have had injuries. If you don't agree, you haven't watched any Packer games, you're stupid, and you should kill yourself.

Also, the Bears are just a lucky team. They haven't beaten anyone. Every game they got a W for was given away by the other team as charity. Or the refs. The refs love the Bears and hate everyone else. If you don't agree, you've never seen a Packers game, are stupid, and should kill yourself.

PS- AJ Hawk is the best LB in the league, except for maybe Clay Matthews, but he gets no respect. If you disagree, you're probably an ignorant pig Bears fan and should kill yourself.

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 07:10 PM
The Packers have had injuries. If you don't agree, you haven't watched any Packer games, you're stupid, and you should kill yourself.

Also, the Bears are just a lucky team. They haven't beaten anyone. Every game they got a W for was given away by the other team as charity. Or the refs. The refs love the Bears and hate everyone else. If you don't agree, you've never seen a Packers game, are stupid, and should kill yourself.

PS- AJ Hawk is the best LB in the league, except for maybe Clay Matthews, but he gets no respect. If you disagree, you're probably an ignorant pig Bears fan and should kill yourself.

That is what I infer is the message behind any Packers related post.

And god help you if you continue to argue....you get swarmed by Packer fans like bees.

sweetness34
12-27-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/

For those who love Joniak's calls this is a compilation of all of Hester's returns. Pretty awesome.

sweetness34
12-27-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't know how good this team is (it varies from week to week), but I'm enjoying the ride. What I do know though is that we'll probably go as far as Jay takes us because the defense has taken some steps back. After a strong start they've been getting shredded.

If the good Bears show up we are pretty scary, but if the ugly Bears show up it probably means a one and done. We are all over the map in terms of quality. Look great, look ok, look terrible and repeat.

Oh and Forte has been a sexy beast lately. Not only is he running well he's running with purpose and physicality. Dude is running over people and shedding tacklers.

bearsfan_51
12-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I like most Packers fans as people, but as fans they are usually homers beyond belief.

It's the insularity of living in a place with nothing else to do.

Gay Ork Wang
12-28-2010, 06:26 AM
for gods sake, it would be hilarious if the panthers won and we win to clinch homefield

CameronCropper
12-28-2010, 10:03 AM
I don't know how good this team is (it varies from week to week), but I'm enjoying the ride. What I do know though is that we'll probably go as far as Jay takes us because the defense has taken some steps back. After a strong start they've been getting shredded.

If the good Bears show up we are pretty scary, but if the ugly Bears show up it probably means a one and done. We are all over the map in terms of quality. Look great, look ok, look terrible and repeat.

Oh and Forte has been a sexy beast lately. Not only is he running well he's running with purpose and physicality. Dude is running over people and shedding tacklers.

Yeah, I've been really impressed by what I've seen from Matt Forte over the last couple of weeks. He's always kind of been about going around people instead of over them, but he's been delivering some pretty nasty licks on linebackers and defensive backs recently.

BeerBaron
12-28-2010, 01:35 PM
LOL!
We WON at Philly this season, and we outgained the Falcons in Atlanta a month ago, losing on a FG with seconds to go.

Yeah, soooooo much better!
Vike99, go back to studying for your top-10 pick next April. The playoffs are of no concern for you guys for awhile.

Funny stuff from Vikes99ej.

This is exactly the kind of BS crap I'm talking about. Perform some thread necromancy to bring up a thread to talk about YOUR ******* team.

HAte hate hate hate hate hate hate it. Hate it.

Monomach
12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
This is exactly the kind of BS crap I'm talking about. Perform some thread necromancy to bring up a thread to talk about YOUR ******* team.

HAte hate hate hate hate hate hate it. Hate it.

Yeah, well...if you don't agree, you're dumb and should probably kill yourself.

BeerBaron
12-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, well...if you don't agree, you're dumb and should probably kill yourself.

It's like....he refuses to see both sides of an argument. Yeah, you beat Philly this year. In week 1, when your team was HEALTHY (shocker) and they started Kevin Kolb. And Mike Vick still almost came into the game and led them back.

And you "outgained" Atlanta. Ask San Deigo how they feel....#1 defense and #2 offense....and they'll be watching the playoffs this year. Outgaining someone doesn't mean **** if you make mistakes like turnovers and penalties or have poor special teams play.

**** the Packers.

Gay Ork Wang
12-28-2010, 05:34 PM
1. A Bears win at the Green Bay Packers AND
2. A Falcons loss at home to the Carolina Panthers AND
3. A Saints loss at home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers AND
4. A Philadelphia Eagles loss in one of their final two games.

That needs to happen for a #1 seed.

BeerBaron
12-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Well, let's just do what we have control over, beat GB and clinch the #2 seed. The rest of that is a complicated mess that is really unlikely since I don't think Carolina is beating Atlanta, especially with Atlanta still having something to play for.

Gay Ork Wang
12-28-2010, 06:19 PM
im sad that Graham didnt make it. he is leading the league in ST Tackles and made some crazy tackles

iowatreat54
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Number 2 seed....clinched!

Mwahahahaha.

SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL

BeerBaron
12-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I really wish our game next week was at the same time as the Falcons so we don't know the result beforehand....

I think we'll dick around, lose this, and enter the playoffs with bad juju.

Plus, I'd greatly enjoy seeing the Packers miss the playoffs. After all the preseason "paper champions" talk, after all the BS from their fans all season long making excuses, to them losing to Detroit in a pathetic showing.......I'd love for them to be watching it at home.

CameronCropper
12-28-2010, 11:00 PM
At first I thought the football gods had something of a passing interest in the Bears, now I am certain they are infatuated with them this season.

And let me tell you something, the football gods are both a tender and generous lover.

Monomach
12-28-2010, 11:25 PM
At first I thought the football gods had something of a passing interest in the Bears, now I am certain they are infatuated with them this season.

And let me tell you something, the football gods are both a tender and generous lover.Sure, they're sweet and caring for the first two dates. On that third one, though...On that third one you get slipped a roofie and you wake up with anal tearing.

BeerBaron
12-29-2010, 01:24 AM
The football gods can be easy to predict. In fact, they make it well known the things they like and don't like...

They like teams that run the ball. They like teams who take some risks. They like teams who are balanced in all aspects of the game.

But non-football god help you if get pass whacky, go into the prevent defense to soon, run up the score...

Let's just hope we stay on their good side.

regoob2
12-29-2010, 07:19 AM
WOW. I didnt expect to see that when I woke up this morning!!

Gay Ork Wang
12-29-2010, 02:36 PM
There is now no chance to face the packs until the NFCC unless we get the #1 seed.

MidwayMonster31
12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
In 05 and 06, Lovie did mail it in, but since the Packers can make the playoffs, I hope he is true to his word and try and take the Packers out of contention.

BeerBaron
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
In 05 and 06, Lovie did mail it in, but since the Packers can make the playoffs, I hope he is true to his word and try and take the Packers out of contention.

Knowing my luck (I'd say our luck, but we've been lucky all year according to Packers fans) we'd beat them only to have the Giants and Bucs both lose as well, allowing the Packers to back into the playoffs. Bitches.

Gay Ork Wang
12-29-2010, 02:46 PM

id rather kick them out and gain incredible momentum or lose and get more film to work with, than to do nothing and hope it is better to not have played the starters. i mean if we are losing/winning bad we can still pull players. besides that, nothing would be sweeter than kicking out of the playoffs AT LAMBEAU besides winning the Superb Owl

CameronCropper
12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
I've watched too many teams lock up the #1 or #2 seed, rest their starters and end up one and done to support resting our starters.

We're one of the healthiest teams in the league and have been incredibly lucky in that sense, very few of our players are banged up and therefore I don't think protecting ourselves against injury is worth relinquishing the momentum we've built up over the second half of the season for.

bearsfan_51
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
The Vikings signed Juaquin Iglesias off our practice squad. Hopefully he never amounts to anything.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm gonna puke if Webb to Iglesias becomes something important. Or considering his zero career catches, relevant.

bearfan
01-02-2011, 01:10 AM
It is picks like those that make me hope that Jerry Angelo loses his job. Not only have we missed on our top picks the past 3 or 4 years, but looking at the thread about which team has the best rookie class, it makes me realize just how bad our drafting has been.

I just hope that we don't have to sit through our first full draft since the Cutler trade with Jerry Angelo making the picks.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 02:01 AM
You guys are crazy, we just won the division, nobody is getting fired.

Also, it's hard to have a good draft without a 1st or 2nd round pick, and I don't think anyone wants to give Jay Cutler back.

CameronCropper
01-02-2011, 02:27 AM
vlIFYMgt8Ks

I'm just going to leave this here.

regoob2
01-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Iglesias doesnt fit the Martz system so I doubt he was going to make the team next season.

Monomach
01-02-2011, 09:08 AM
You guys are crazy, we just won the division, nobody is getting fired. True. We're stuck with what we have. In any case, we HAVE to keep Martz. Cutler's going to turn into Alex Smith if he has to change offenses again.

Also, it's hard to have a good draft without a 1st or 2nd round pick, and I don't think anyone wants to give Jay Cutler back.It's not like he drafted well before Cutler, especially in the first or second rounds. Angelo's first draft was 2002.

A picks: 0
B picks: 1
C picks: 0
D picks: 3
F picks: 5

A+++ picks: 1 (Briggs)
C picks: 1
D picks: 0
F picks: 8
F--- pick: 2 (one first rounder spent on a guy everyone thought of as a mid-rounder when he came out, one "QBOTF" that kept us from going after a real QB for too long)

C picks: 2
D picks: 1
F picks: 4

B picks: 0
F picks: 3
F--- picks: 1, you gotta get something from a #4 overall pick

C picks: 1
D picks: 3

Too early to tell.

Too early to tell.

Too early to tell.

Mr. X
01-02-2011, 10:52 AM
According to the NFL Network stooges, we shouldn't even show up today since almighty Green Bay is our opponent.

CameronCropper
01-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Nothing says 'winning culture' like laying down for your divisional rivals in a game where you can potentially earn #1 seed in the division.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure how you're grading the drafts Monomach, but I think your overall expectations are unrealistic. 50% of players are flops, no matter who is drafting them.

His drafts have been disappointing the last few years, however, as I've said before as well.

regoob2
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Lets not forget the garbage OC we've had who helped develop all of those offensive busts.