PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26

iowatreat54
02-26-2011, 02:14 PM
More of what I meant that it is only a 2 year extension. You are right which gives us 3 more years of Lovie, but it could have been a 4-5 yr extension. My point is that bc it is only 2 extra years, the cost of him being fired would be much less after a season or 2 than a 4-5 year extension. Of course with Virginia at the helm, one cannot expect Lovie not to play out his contract...

My bad for not clarifying what I meant.

Oh ok. I actually completely agree. While I'm not thrilled about it, I really was expecting a bigger extension so I can deal with only 2 extra years.

Monomach
02-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Well, JA lowballed the crap out of Danieal Manning. Offer was 6 million over 3 years. He'll be gone as soon as a CBA is signed and he becomes a UFA.

Awesome. ^*&%*&^%&*.

BeerBaron
02-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Well, JA lowballed the crap out of Danieal Manning. Offer was 6 million over 3 years. He'll be gone as soon as a CBA is signed and he becomes a UFA.

Awesome. ^*&%*&^%&*.

More Chris Harris being a few yards off the play and Major Wright looking completely lost in coverage coming right up!

Actually, I have a little faith that Wright will improve.

jrdrylie
02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Ugh, I really like Manning a lot. They need to reach into those wallets and give him what he deserves.

Also, while watching the Combine, I saw on the bottom line that Tommie Harris was officially released. Can't say it is surprising. Unfortunately, I think that makes the chances of the Bears taking a DT rather than offensive line in round one much higher.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Eh. Safety is a position where we can save some pennies. If we can take that money and get an offensive lineman, great.

They drafted Major Wright to start, I think that's clear.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Come on guys, 1 year out of 5 that he wasn't completely humiliating does not mean we need to give a billion dollars to Danieal Manning. We're not losing anything. Nothing at all.

BeerBaron
02-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Come on guys, 1 year out of 5 that he wasn't completely humiliating does not mean we need to give a billion dollars to Danieal Manning. We're not losing anything. Nothing at all.

Actually, we're losing our best safety. And yeah, he had some lousy years prior to last year, but he more than held his own most of the year and I would say he's an above average safety right now.

Wright will definitely be a future starter, but I would much rather have seen him starting next to Manning than next to Harris. I don't think Manning needs or deserves elite safety money, but the offer we made was lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwball to the extreme.

Some other team will make him a pretty rich man, and he should have no shortage of suitors given how bad many secondaries around the league were last year.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2011, 01:17 PM
I tend to agree. If I were to think of 15 players on the current roster I'd like to keep, Manning probably isn't one of them.

Let's try:

1) Peppers
2) Briggs
3) Urlacher
4) Cutler
5) Forte
6) Hester
7) Knox
8) Olsen
9) Idonije
10) Anthony Adams

Ok after here it gets kinda murky. Is Manning a better safety than Charles Tillman is a cornerback? Than Toenia a defensive tackle? Probably, but I think everyone not on the list (and Anthony Adams too) is pretty replaceable.

Monomach
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM

It's not that he "wasn't completely humiliating." It's that he was a top ten safety last year. That's a lot better than "nothing." Someone's going to double the offer we made him, and he'll fix their SS spot.

I tend to agree. If I were to think of 15 players on the current roster I'd like to keep, Manning probably isn't one of them.

6) Hester
7) Knox
8) Olsen
9) Idonije
10) Anthony Adams

This is craziness. You'd basically be Jerry Angelo if you were a GM.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Manning was not a top 10 safety last year. THAT is craziness.

Monomach
02-28-2011, 02:04 PM

He gave up zero touchdowns last year. Zero. As in...perfect. He gave up a quarterback rating of 59.7. When QBs threw at him, they looked like Todd Collins. He missed three tackles all year. He had 22 stops in the run game...pretty good for a safety.

You seem to have the old "can't tackle, can't cover" Manning stuck in your head when the very good one is right in front of your face. They finally found the position that makes him worth the second round pick we used and you're cool with chucking him.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2011, 02:09 PM
No. I was impressed by Manning last year. I'm also highly suspicious of any statistic that can tell me what a quarterback's rating is against any particular player. Advanced stats alone do not justify any ol' opinion.

Not ok with "chucking" him, per se. If the Bears cut him, that would be stupid. They aren't doing that; they've deciding he's not a franchise safety. I agree, despite what the football sabermetrics might say.

BeerBaron
02-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Who was really that much better? He wasn't elite (top 3-5) by any stretch, but there were some baaaad secondaries and he would be an upgrade for a number of teams who will probably pay him far more than we just offered. I think he's definitely in the mix for the lower part of the top 10, and at worst, was a top 16 safety.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
I do have the "can't tackle, can't cover" version of Manning stuck in my head, Mono, that one was completely humiliating. I think we'd agree on that much. I'm saying he finally had a good year and it sounds like you're saying hes finally turned on the switch. Who knows, you could be 100% correct.

But I feel like I've been dating a girl who's put me through hell for 4 years, finally started to get her **** together and act a little wifey towards me but now she wants to move to the next state over to be closer to her Mom.

MidwayMonster31
02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
I'll admit that Manning improved this past season, but I think we could do better. He can be a decent stop gap safety for someone, and be a good return man.

jrdrylie
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Who was really that much better? He wasn't elite (top 3-5) by any stretch, but there were some baaaad secondaries and he would be an upgrade for a number of teams who will probably pay him far more than we just offered. I think he's definitely in the mix for the lower part of the top 10, and at worst, was a top 16 safety.

By my count, Manning would start on probably 25 teams (including the Bears). The Bears would be fools to let him go. I could understand if he was demanding 4 years-$30 million, which is what Polamalu gets, he should definitely not be resigned. But 3 year-$6 million is pretty much chump change. I mean, if they are willing to give Chester Taylor 4 years-$12.5 million, they should have no problem giving Manning $15 million.

BeerBaron
02-28-2011, 03:13 PM
By my count, Manning would start on probably 25 teams (including the Bears). The Bears would be fools to let him go. I could understand if he was demanding 4 years-$30 million, which is what Polamalu gets, he should definitely not be resigned. But 3 year-$6 million is pretty much chump change. I mean, if they are willing to give Chester Taylor 4 years-$12.5 million, they should have no problem giving Manning $15 million.

This is what I've been trying to say. Now, 25 teams aren't going to go after him, but all it takes is a few to raise his price.

He's a pretty good safety, and it's not like the league is just littered with quality starters.

jrdrylie
02-28-2011, 04:04 PM
This is what I've been trying to say. Now, 25 teams aren't going to go after him, but all it takes is a few to raise his price.

He's a pretty good safety, and it's not like the league is just littered with quality starters.

I think every team in the AFC South would be wise to grab him. Detroit and Minnesota could go after him to give Chicago a double whammy (upgrade ther team while hurting Chicago). But I think the two teams that might drive up the cost are Dallas and Washington.

Gay Ork Wang
02-28-2011, 06:20 PM
We've cut Harris, Hillenmeyer and Shaffer

bearsfan_51
03-01-2011, 12:04 PM
On the previous note of locking up our core team, Matt Forte, Greg Olsen and Israel Idonije are all set to be free agents in 2012. I'd rather focus on extending them.

Also, Chester Taylor is set to make 1.275 million next year, which is really nothing. As I've noted before, the bulk of his money came upfront, so cutting him now would not be for financial reasons.

regoob2
03-01-2011, 02:20 PM
On the previous note of locking up our core team, Matt Forte, Greg Olsen and Israel Idonije are all set to be free agents in 2012. I'd rather focus on extending them.

Also, Chester Taylor is set to make 1.275 million next year, which is really nothing. As I've noted before, the bulk of his money came upfront, so cutting him now would not be for financial reasons.
I see no reason to cut Taylor. I want competition at the very least for the #2 job but he's a decent short yardage guy, pass catcher and he helped keep Forte fresh.

Forte is a must resign. I think we need to keep Olsen. He's a weapon and we don't have a lot of those even if he isn't always involved. I think Wootton will get a lot of reps this year and o think he can challenge for a starting spot. Hopefully Izzy can revert back to his 1st half of the year form. If not I'd still want him as a backup/STer but he should be paid as such.

dabears10
03-04-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/harrisad.jpg

That is nice of Tommie. Would not have expected it from him.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
03-04-2011, 01:02 AM
These seem to be en vogue lately but that was really nice of him. Personally, I wish him well.

Not too well though, I don't want to regret cutting him.

dabears10
03-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Also, Reports of Peppers Re-structuring his contract. Opens up 8 Million more in Cap room. So that is neat.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-06-2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/harrisad.jpg

That is nice of Tommie. Would not have expected it from him.

??

He is one of the classiest / nicest professional athletes around.

Free agency should be really interesting. Peppers opening up an additional $8M is pretty huge.

Davin Joseph would be very awesome.

dabears10
03-06-2011, 09:33 AM
??

He is one of the classiest / nicest professional athletes around.

Free agency should be really interesting. Peppers opening up an additional $8M is pretty huge.

Davin Joseph would be very awesome.

Tommie has always been an oddball in general. I always thought he was nice with his time and in demeanor, but I could easily see him take a shot at the organization stepping out the door.

JustDezIT
03-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Is Daniel Manning any good?

I ask because I heard Dallas has interest. How is he? Does he get beat deep, can he cover, blah blah?? I know hes a good return man but I'd like to know more.

Monomach
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Is Daniel Manning any good?

I ask because I heard Dallas has interest. How is he? Does he get beat deep, can he cover, blah blah?? I know hes a good return man but I'd like to know more.

He sucked until this season. This season, he was well above-average in every aspect of safety play.

BeerBaron
03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
He would be a significant improvement for Dallas at the very least.

asdf1223
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi Bears fans, I have a question regarding your needs at DT. Do you need more of a 1-tech or 3-tech? As a Seahawks fan I was looking at a list of suitors for Brandon Mebane and since the guy who drafted him is your director of Player Personnel I was wondering if there was any interest from you guys?

BeerBaron
03-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Bears fans, I have a question regarding your needs at DT. Do you need more of a 1-tech or 3-tech? As a Seahawks fan I was looking at a list of suitors for Brandon Mebane and since the guy who drafted him is your director of Player Personnel I was wondering if there was any interest from you guys?

Well, if we resign Anthony Adams, we'll be set at NT between he and Matt Toeaina. If we don't, we can find some mid-late rounder who can fill in the rotation.

But we are badly in need of a new pass rushing 3-tech. I really believe that is the direction we go in the first round, with someone like Liuget, Paea or Nevis.

It's possible we look to trade or FA, but if that doesn't occur until after the draft due to the lockout, we've definitely got to fill it in the draft.

asdf1223
03-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks. I would say since he's much better NT than a UT he wont fit you guys. He's still good but as a Nose he's got rare pass rush ability but is still stout enough against the run.

bearsfan_51
03-25-2011, 09:08 PM
I really liked Mebane out of college. A lot.

Gay Ork Wang
03-29-2011, 03:40 PM
They want to try Webb at LT and swing Williams to RT.

http://www.csnchicago.com/03/29/11/View-from-the-Moon-Newtons-draft-stock-f/landing_moon_v3.html?blockID=493167&feedID=3769

regoob2
03-29-2011, 04:01 PM
They want to try Webb at LT and swing Williams to RT.

http://www.csnchicago.com/03/29/11/View-from-the-Moon-Newtons-draft-stock-f/landing_moon_v3.html?blockID=493167&feedID=3769
That sounds like just speculation to me. I prefer to move Williams back to OT and draft an interior guy or 2. Williams didn't look great at RT but he has gotten better this past year.

SFbear
05-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Post draft Oline predictions?

LT Jamarcus Webb
LG Chris Williams/FA
C Olin Kreutz
RG Herman Johnson
RT Gabe Carimi

Webb has expressed a desire to move to LT. Johnson is probably just wishful thinking but all 360 lbs of him are just sitting pretty on our practice squad. I think OG is the number one FA target(other than resignings) but I'm not optimistic we get anybody worthwhile.

regoob2
05-03-2011, 07:45 AM

LT Jamarcus Webb
LG Chris Williams/FA
C Olin Kreutz
RG Herman Johnson
RT Gabe Carimi

Webb has expressed a desire to move to LT. Johnson is probably just wishful thinking but all 360 lbs of him are just sitting pretty on our practice squad. I think OG is the number one FA target(other than resignings) but I'm not optimistic we get anybody worthwhile.I dont think Herman will be playing and if we go FA he'll be starting at RG. I dont see anyway we bench Williams. I was a fan of Herman though and still think he has starting potential.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Every year people think Garza will be replaced, and every year he's not.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm interested in how our DTs shake out. Now that we've drafted Paea will Anthony Adams be brought back? Does Toeaina move to the 3-tech? Does Paea? Does Marcus Harrison still have a chance?

regoob2
05-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Every year people think Garza will be replaced, and every year he's not.
He needs to be replaced.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Wake me when it happens.

Monomach
05-03-2011, 07:14 PM

LT Jamarcus Webb
LG Chris Williams/FA
C Olin Kreutz
RG Herman Johnson
RT Gabe Carimi

Webb has expressed a desire to move to LT. Johnson is probably just wishful thinking but all 360 lbs of him are just sitting pretty on our practice squad. I think OG is the number one FA target(other than resignings) but I'm not optimistic we get anybody worthwhile.

I love how the second-worst tackle in the league is starting on Cutler's blind side here. Nathan Enderle starting 15 games wooooooooo!

He needs to be replaced.

True. Unfortunately, of the starters last year, he was the best, so get ready for another season of him. The line really is ridiculously bad. None of the real starters finished above the bottom ten in the league at their position, according to PFF.

JBCX
05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Just a small question: How are the Bears going to block Fairley and Suh next year?

I know they drafted Gabe Carimi, but he's going to play LT or RT. As far as I can tell, they still don't have anyone on the interior who is remotely up to the task of handling Suh, much less Suh *and* Fairley.

Monomach
05-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Just a small question: How are the Bears going to block Fairley and Suh next year?

I know they drafted Gabe Carimi, but he's going to play LT or RT. As far as I can tell, they still don't have anyone on the interior who is remotely up to the task of handling Suh, much less Suh *and* Fairley.

They didn't block anyone last year, so who gives a ****?

Also, let's make sure Fairley isn't a huge bust before we hype him too hard.

bearsfan_51
05-06-2011, 12:31 AM
The Lions still have dog **** in their back 7, so Cutler will only need about 2 seconds to make a throw.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
05-06-2011, 12:57 PM
The Lions still have dog **** in their back 7, so Cutler will only need about 2 seconds to make a throw.

True story although Delmas and Levy are far from from dog ****. They are what we are building around. The other OLBs are a prayer and hope right now with Carpernter,Ashlee Palmer,Follett, Jordan Dizon and Doug Hogue. We'll probably start Palmer/Carpenter at one spot and get a LB in FA hopefully. A couple solid ones out there at least.

Chris Houston is still a number 2 playing as a number 1(and will be back as restricted free agent if we have 2010 cap rules), Alphonso Smith needs to move to nickel once we hopefully get a decent corner in free agency. Strong safety Spievey showed some promise last year once we switched from CC Brown. We definitely won't get a number 1 corner in free agency but a number 2 is possible and Houston was decent actually as a number 1 last year. Detroit getting a number 1 corner is like Chicago getting a number 1 WR. I'll believe it when I see it. I like Fariley clearly BPA but Prince was sitting right there. Round 2 there wasn't a number 1 or number 2 plug in corner starter left once Dowling went off the board IMO.

Cutler absolutely torched us last year so hopefully we knock him around a little faster or at least control the clock more.

Gay Ork Wang
05-06-2011, 05:44 PM
i dont think people understand that martz doesnt need a #1 WR....

Maybe This Year Mayhew
05-09-2011, 08:48 AM

You can have a solid passing game without a number 1 with Martz but with a number 1 receiver in Holt/Bruce you get the Greatest Show on Turf. The only seasons he didn't have a number 1 WR was with San Fran and last year in Chicago and his offenses were solid but had its problems.

Also, Martz always leads the league in sacks. Doesn't matter if you have Pace or not. Tackles are screwed in his offense. His offense is basically sack the QB or we get a big chunk of yards. However, the best thing for Chicago was Martz finally changing his philosophy in the second half of the year and running the ball more. If he continues that Chicagos offense plus continued good defense/STs will win you alot of games.

Gay Ork Wang
05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
obviously a #1 is nice and is something we lack. But our WRs so far are fine, people make it out to as if any 5th-6th rounder wouldve improved our WRs by a million times. We need a big guy. Anything else we have on this team

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
I read that the Bears are going to try Carimi at LT first and not Webb.

Monomach
05-11-2011, 10:47 AM

I think people understand that Jay Cutler DOES need a #1 WR.

Let's not forget that Jay Cutler is not the poster child for pinpoint accuracy. He's not Peyton Manning. He's more like Rivers with a lot more "oomph" behind his ball. He'll get it anywhere on the field and he'll get it within the catch radius of a real WR...but he won't usually drop it right in someone's hands in stride. This was recognized in Rivers and big-bodied high jumpers were acquired to suit his style. Unfortunately for Cutler, we're still trying to hammer the square peg into the round hole. Pro Bowl QB with a #1, average with a bunch of #3s.

Devin Hester is STILL bad; he still falls down, quits on his routes, doesn't fight for balls, and has bad hands. Johnny Knox should be the backup slot receiver until he starts finishing his routes and fighting for balls. If he gave 100% on the field, he'd be the next Desean Jackson. Pretty sure half of Cutler's INTs come from Knox just quitting his route while the DB finishes it for him. Earl Bennett should be starting in the slot. He'd be a really solid #3.

This is a weak group of receivers. There isn't a Holt or Bruce here. Hell, there isn't even a prime Marty Booker here. In fact, I have no doubt that we'd just be better off starting Olsen as an outside receiver and the Old Man at TE.

...not that Mike Martz's offense is very good these days, anyway. For all the dick sucking he got this year, his offense didn't score any more than Ron Turner's.

Hopefully, with JA's decent draft, he's grown some brains. Perhaps he signs a #1 guy in FA.

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2011, 12:11 PM
While im not saying, we shouldnt draft one, it was just not close to being one of our biggest needs.

Also im wondering: how much does paea compare to young tommie harris

Monomach
06-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Fun fact: According to PFF, Greg Olsen has the second-best pair of hands among all tight ends from 2008-2010. 4.19% drop rate on catchable passes.

He gets open, too. It's so annoying that we have a guy who could be a Jason Witten or Dallas Clark-type of threat not being used to his potential.

Oh, and Earl Bennett was much better last year than he was in the past: he dropped no catchable passes in 2010.

So our TE and a non-burner slot receiver are our safest targets...we're running the wrong offense.

bearsfan_51
06-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Isn't it a given that your slot receiver is going to have better hands than your speed threat? If a slot receiver doesn't have great hands he's basically useless.

Monomach
06-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Isn't it a given that your slot receiver is going to have better hands than your speed threat? If a slot receiver doesn't have great hands he's basically useless.

Not a given when you look at the Bears history. But, yeah, you'd hope so.

Zero is well beyond what you'd expect, though. Only one other receiver (Jordan Shipley) pulled it off.

Oh, I also take back all of the bad things I said about the idea of signing Braylon Edwards. He only dropped 4 balls this year (6% drop rate, 12th best in the league).

Monomach
06-17-2011, 10:12 AM
A look at the worst pass blocking linemen in the league last year...

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1056/bottomguards.jpg

Chris Williams (#8) and Roberto Garza (#17) both make an appearance, confirming everyone's suspicions. A lot of fans want Davin Joseph in free agency. He seems to be living on the strength of past seasons at this point. Right now, he's even worse than what we have, as far as pass protection goes.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1784/bottomcenters.jpg

Here we have the only spot on the OL in which a Bears is not among the worst. Kreutz was actually among the top ten centers last year in pass pro. He was, however, horrendous in run blocking. Note Maurkice Pouncey, and laugh at how much Steeler fans/pro bowl voters love him. I don't see any free agent "names" on this list, so that's good.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7606/lefttackles.jpg

Here we see "crappy guard, now crappier tackle." His crappiness is indeed special. Not everyone can be this horrible at two positions. Fourth-worst left tackle in the league, ladies and gentlemen. Names on this list I've seen mentioned for the Bears: Matt Light and Jermon Bushrod.

Please god, no.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/963/bottomrightcc.jpg

As you can see, I've saved the best (worst) for last. Hating JaMarcus Webb has been a personal hobby of mine, and now you can see why. Second-worst lineman of any kind in the league, folks. He can't pass block. He can't run block. He has more false starts than the guys in those premature ejaculation spam emails you get. Lucky for us, he's a favorite of the coaches and will probably start all next year. Yay? The only guy here that I've seen mentioned for the Bears is Trueblood. While he'd be an improvement, he still sucks.

That wraps up the pass protection worst-of-the-worst list. Conclusions:

a) Four Bears are among the worst in the league, all on one starting unit. Protecting Jay Cutler is imperative for future success. Carimi ought to take care of one of these positions, but that's not enough.

b) Matt Light is the bad name I see suggested for the Bears the most. That would be an epic mistake.

c) It's not shown here, but Lyle Sendlein of the Cardinals is going to be a steal for someone. Real under-the-radar guy. Third-best pass pro center in the league, and had a positive score in run blocking as well.

d) Logan Mankins (age 29), Carl Nicks (age 26), Harvey Dahl (age 29), and Tyson Clabo (age 29) are just as good as everyone thinks they are. If we get one, it's going to be expensive and will probably prevent us from getting a worthwhile receiver. I'd feel ok with signing any of them to a 6 year contract, but Nicks is the real prize here. He's younger and he's the best of the guys at run blocking. He's been tendered at the first round level. I guess I could handle giving a first for him. He's the top guard in the league. It would probably be better to just grab one of the other three or a middle-of-the-road guy plus a wideout, though.

Gay Ork Wang
06-18-2011, 05:33 PM
i dont like to go solely on stats. We are talking about the first year under one of the systems that give up the most sacks. We are talking about new guys that got changed around a lot during the season. I want to see one more year out of Webb before i send him to hell. Now omiyale, he can go **** a packerfan

Monomach
06-18-2011, 06:26 PM
i dont like to go solely on stats. We are talking about the first year under one of the systems that give up the most sacks. We are talking about new guys that got changed around a lot during the season. I want to see one more year out of Webb before i send him to hell. Now omiyale, he can go **** a packerfan
Going from the second-worst tackle in the NFL to average is pretty much insane to expect.

Webb is just not good at football. There's no getting around it.

...and that's not solely by stats. He din't even improve as the season went on. His worst game was one of the last.

Gay Ork Wang
06-20-2011, 10:03 AM
There is stuff called improvement. He and the whole line did better later in the year.

I mean its fine to hate on people like Garza who has been at the same position for years and is still doing that bad. But Webb was supposed to be a project from the get go to expect him to do anything better than he did last year was asinine. He got thrown out, he was shifted around, didnt play with the same lineup for quite a while and i will say it again. It was Mike Martz' system, one of the hardest system to learn ever. I mean come on, i know the Oline is fine but your hate is going way way to far and just sounds like a cassette player that is stuck

Monomach
06-23-2011, 12:57 PM
What's asinine is expecting improvement from a player who showed no positives or improvement at all in a year of starting.

Someone dig up my slamming Al Afalava and the retorts telling me how he had a fantastic rookie year and was about to start improving. I'm having deja vu here.

Gay Ork Wang
06-23-2011, 07:41 PM
You being right about afalava has nothing do to with this argument at all.

He showed improvement, he has an incredible frame, gets one more year to work with Tice and the other players, might get a better framework to work with (aka no more rotating every week) and one more year within the system with him being a project player from the getgo are all reasons for him to show improvement in his SECOND year. How can you already think he is an abomination from hell? what the hell did u expect from him given the situation? that he is the savior and just blocks everyone with his superior telepathic powers?

Gay Ork Wang
06-25-2011, 03:57 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/06/24/a-few-minutes-with-gabe-carimi/?module=HP_spotlight

I love this guy.

Monomach
06-25-2011, 08:45 PM
You being right about afalava has nothing do to with this argument at all.

He showed improvement, he has an incredible frame, gets one more year to work with Tice and the other players, might get a better framework to work with (aka no more rotating every week) and one more year within the system with him being a project player from the getgo are all reasons for him to show improvement in his SECOND year. How can you already think he is an abomination from hell? what the hell did u expect from him given the situation? that he is the savior and just blocks everyone with his superior telepathic powers?
No, he did not show improvement. His worst game came toward the end of the year. He only showed improvement if you're going by a one-game sample size.

No, I did not expect him to block everyone. I just expected him to block SOMEONE. There was literally one worse tackle in the entire NFL. One. So he's huge. Big deal. It didn't help him move people out of the way in the run game. It didn't slow down any pass rushers. He couldn't even keep out of penalty trouble. Webb had zero redeeming qualities. No exaggeration, we could have signed any number of guys off of the street who could have performed at his level. The right move would have been to put him on the practice squad and kick Williams back out to tackle, where he was actually better than both Webb and CrappyGuard. Or we could have even started Kevin Schaffer. It couldn't have been worse.

Gay Ork Wang
06-26-2011, 09:41 AM
its called technique. you learn it by practicing, experience and being in the league more than one season

Gay Ork Wang
07-22-2011, 05:15 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/21/missed-tackles-three-year-bests-and-worsts/

Idonijie hasnt missed a single tackle last season

bearfan
07-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Reports of WR Brad Smith?.....I guess if he is cheap he has a little to offer. I mean we were not going to get a #1, so Smith @4 maybe an upgrade over Davis?

Two FAs I like hearing we are linked to: Sims-Walker, Durant. I would love if we snagged both for a nice price, I feel like both would solidify our team in a huge way. We would be able to turn a strength already into an even bigger strength with Durant and turn a weakness into a solid/respectable position despite the lack of a true #1 with Sims-Walker (until he gets hurt)

Gay Ork Wang
07-27-2011, 10:21 AM
i love how i have Bennett Knox and MSW as WRs in my dynasty. Id like Roy Williams a lot more than MSW

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah I think RW is so obvious that it actually should happen. Best years with Martz, Drake "coached" him at Texas, 6'3 big bodied, red-zone target vet.

Those 2 Martz years in Detroit are huge with the shortened camp time.

bearfan
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
This lack of activity is killing me. We wanted Durant/Bushrod...dont get either. Twitter feed says Corey Graham is probably leaving. Rashied Davis left (good for offense, but losing CG and RD on ST may hurt a bit for that unit). Trading Olsen. Cutting Manu (we shouldnt have signed him in the 1st place.

All we got is a P, and a TE.

Our FA list is growing shorter...

*it sucks watching a ton of other teams going out to try and improve while our team sits back. Maybe it will pay off, but it is not satisfying me right now!

Hurricane Ditka
07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Goodbye Olsen. No word for who

Monomach
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Goodbye Olsen. No word for who

God mother ******* dammit.

JA better have gotten something good. There goes the team's best pass-catcher and the QB's best friend.

Unless the haul is crazy good, this is a ****** deal.

bearsfan_51
07-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I was always impressed by Kellen Davis when he was on the field, so I am eager to see him play.

That said, this team never understood what it had with Olson. He's special.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I was always impressed by Kellen Davis when he was on the field, so I am eager to see him play.

That said, this team never understood what it had with Olson. He's special.

This is really frustrating.

Why wait a full year to trade him when it was obvious he would never fit with Martz?

Annoying. I wonder what we got.

Maybe an OL + draft pick.

Gay Ork Wang
07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
GROSS!!!!! I wish. maybe they took omiyale back. Id be all for that

Monomach
07-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Maybe Duke Robinson?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Maybe Duke Robinson?

I hope not

Monomach
07-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Brandon LaFell and a second rounder would be ok...but you know we got Jamar Williams back with a fifth rounder or something a la Chris Harris.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Seems a bit odd we don't know who the player is yet.

BeerBaron
07-28-2011, 07:07 PM
A 5th and Armanti Edwards. Gut feeling.

regoob2
07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Its looking like Dan Connor.

Monomach
07-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Its looking like Dan Connor.http://oi51.tinypic.com/14agzlk.jpg

bearsfan_51
07-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks like it's just a 3rd. Awful trade considering they almost had a deal with the Pats for the 42nd pick in the last draft.

BeerBaron
07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
It's annoying but I'm not too pissed, and i seem to like Olsen more than most. Connor will make a solid 3rd linebacker at least.

Monomach
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM
It's annoying but I'm not too pissed, and i seem to like Olsen more than most. Connor will make a solid 3rd linebacker at least.

HA!

WE DIDN'T EVEN GET THAT GOOD OF A DEAL!

We only got a third rounder.

Every U MAD gif you've ever seen is about me right now.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Kind of a stretch, but if Kruetz goes elsewhere is there any chance that they give Josh Beekman a look at C?

Monomach
07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Kind of a stretch, but if Kruetz goes elsewhere is there any chance that they give Josh Beekman a look at C?

Josh Beekman plays in the UFL. He's not a Bear.

Supposedly, Garza is next in line if they can't re-sign Kreutz.

I really wish they'd have signed Sendlein. His contract is probably smaller than Kreutz's will be, and at this point, he's better.

Monomach
07-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Not only have we signed Roy Williams, but also his backup, Sam Hurd.

Someone has to take Rashied's place, I guess.

I'd say he was signed just because he's a really good special teamer, but apparently the reason he picked us was that we promised him the most time at receiver.

iowatreat54
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, it looks like the not even a week old off season is going to get even better! Forte is going to hold out because JA and the McCaskeys are cheap asses. Joy!

M.O.T.H.
07-29-2011, 10:30 AM
He's been looking for a chance to start or be a 3. So I dont know why he chose Chicago, especially with Roy just signing there. Unless of course Martz open up a legitimate competition at WR. He could certainly beat out some of your WRs for playing time. He does have talent and a big body. He's an outstanding route runner and he has great hands. Although, of course in his only start last year he dropped two TD passes.

At worst, he'll be a core ST player. He was our ST captain. He's one of the best ST players in the league and will be missed. I hope he does get a real shot at WR. Your core isnt anything special, no offense. But you do have a lot of younger guys with potential.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 11:46 AM
I'd say Williams + Hurd is certainly better than Aromashadu and Davis. It's not much, particularly when you take out Olson, but it's something.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Looks like the practice squad for Sanzenbacher, which is a good thing.

Hurricane Ditka
07-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Our offensive line is going to suck....

again.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, it's rather dismal. Carimi is a big help, but we needed at least 3 new lineman.

As much as I'm against the idea of signing old players, I hope that Jerry actually follows his model this time and signs Brian Waters, who was still a good player last year and would be an immediate upgrade at guard.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Womp womp to Brian Waters. Since I agree and all :(

This is turning out so weird.

Hurricane Ditka
07-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Waters would be better than any of our current options.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah. I agree.

Waters-Garza-Dahl would be fine.

Hurricane Ditka
07-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Any consideration for Nick Cole from the Eagles, he could play center or guard and he's not that old.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe Samson Satele? Young starter at least...

Hurricane Ditka
07-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Did he re-up with the Raiders? I could get down with that. Something has to happen on the offensive line. Especially if Martz is going to have carte blanche, this line will get Cutler killed.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Nope, free agent to my knowledge. Wonder why 9ers aren't going after him.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 02:03 PM
All draft picks signed, nice to see.

Also, looks like Nick Roach was brought back, also nice to see.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Anthony Adams also retained. I think he's a bit underrated, although depending on the statistical metric, he's anywhere from below to above average for a starting DT.

Gay Ork Wang
07-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I still dont understand why we just tried Olsen at WR

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah. I agree.

Waters-Garza-Dahl would be fine.

Make that:

Waters-Garza-Blalock or Waters-Satele-garza or Gaither-Waters-Garza/Kruetz

Ugghh just something!

sweetness34
07-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I'll temper my expectations with Roy knowing his personality and game day habits, but Cutler loves big receivers and that worked well with Marshall in Denver. I realize that Roy isn't in his 'prime' anymore, but I believe he can have a nice rapport with Cutler. We've lacked a big WR and we just picked up one with some gas left in his tank.

A change of scenery with an OC he trusts and a WR coach he trusts may become a pretty damn good thing for us.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't extend Forte. Just putting that out there.

iowatreat54
07-29-2011, 05:04 PM

Interesting. Any reasons specifically?

I would think it depends on what the terms are. I wouldn't think he should be paid like a top 5 RB in the league, but since coming into the league he's been top 5 in yards from scrimmage.

We also know it hasn't been because he's been behind a stellar OL or the benefactor of super productive passing game taking the attention away from him. He's also not super injury prone, or not that we know of.

So do you just let him walk then or what? I mean, it's his contract year this season, why wouldn't you want to bring him back? I doubt we will be getting anyone better to replace him.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 05:10 PM
1) You don't win championships with a RB in the NFL anymore.
2) Runningbacks break down
3) You can find a replacement in the 3rd or 4th round.

Monomach
07-29-2011, 06:10 PM

We're probably the only two here. I mean, I'd extend him if it's cheap, but I wouldn't sign him for anywhere near market value.

He's just a running back. Spend that money on pro bowl linemen to make any average running back look good.

Docta
07-29-2011, 07:42 PM
They better come out of FA with at least a cornerback and a couple o-lineman. Tim Jennings is not capable of being the second string.

bearsfan_51
07-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Cornerback is a secondary concern (get it?)

Docta
07-29-2011, 08:29 PM
It's not a concern at all for the Bears apparently. They have 89 players signed, and the max the NFL allows is 90.

Hurricane Ditka
07-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Is the guard the Rams are releasing any good?

M.O.T.H.
07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Bell isnt that bad at all, really. He was just too pricy.

Hurricane Ditka
07-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Which rules the Bears out as a destination.

regoob2
07-30-2011, 08:18 AM
He doesnt have the size that Tice prefers. He'd probably be a TE for us.....

cvv84
07-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Cornerback is a secondary concern (get it?)

Corey Graham is reportedly going to re-sign

bearsfan_51
07-30-2011, 11:08 AM
That's good, but Graham is a special teams ace. Our starting cornerback spot will likely be between Jennings, Bowman, and D.J. Moore

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Bears waive Herman Johnson. Since they were already at 90 it makes a spot for a FA.

I'm thinking Brian Waters.

bearsfan_51
07-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm guessing Johnson showed up at about 500 pounds.

Monomach
07-30-2011, 07:58 PM
In other fat football player news, Marcus Harrison was told that he won't be allowed to practice until he gets down to 316 pounds.

Probably going to get cut for Amobi Okoye, which is a signing I don't hate. Yay?

bearsfan_51
07-30-2011, 08:02 PM
I think he's going to be real good for us. Hell, I didn't think he was that bad for the Texans.

M.O.T.H.
07-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Marion Barber a Bear. lol. I hope Leonard Davis or the return of Marc Colombo isnt next for you guys.

bearsfan_51
07-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I'd be quite happy with Leonard Davis.

Monomach
07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Are we going to sign anyone who was good last season?

Other than the new punter, I mean?

bearsfan_51
07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Marion Barber....eh...I'm a Gophers fan, but I'm not sure he has it anymore.

M.O.T.H.
07-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Doubtful. He's regressed horribly. He was the worst player on out line a year ago. He looked ready to retire last year, honestly. He'll catch on as a starter somewhere, though. And more than likely continue his descent. You really don't want him.

We didnt have to release Davis at all...we did so because he was garbage.

As for Barber...he's pretty much done. I hope for him and you guys the best, though. He's a good guy, as is Sam Hurd. Never cared for that prima donna Roy Williams.

Monomach
07-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Seriously...the guy we've signed that I'm most excited by is Sam Hurd.

This is one ****** up collection of free agents.

regoob2
07-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I like what we've done so far. All the guys we've brought in are at a reasonable price and are good fits. Hopefully we can sign a starter but having depth is a good thing.

Monomach
07-30-2011, 08:47 PM
I like what we've done so far. All the guys we've brought in are at a reasonable price and are good fits. Hopefully we can sign a starter but having depth is a good thing.

The reason they're all coming at a reasonable price is that we weren't bidding against anyone.

No one wanted these guys other than Podlesh and Hurd.

k0ng
07-30-2011, 08:51 PM
I like what we have done too, aside from Roy Williams. Now if we can grab a quality OG(Blaylock) and maybe a CB(Marshall) - I will call this offseason a success.

Monomach
07-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Marshal's a Cardinal. He's gone. All I see is that:

a) we got a clear upgrade at punter
b) we unloaded a good receiving tight end (also the franchise's best friend) and signed a tight end bad at both receiving and blocking
c) we signed a receiver who's looked really bad since the start of the 08 season and the guy who couldn't beat him out for playing time
d) we got an overpaid running back who looks like his career is done to replace another overpaid RB who looks like his career is done
e) we lost the best member of the secondary because we offered him a third-string contract
f) we lost the only close-to-average member of last year's line
g) we picked up a couple of busts for the D-line that no one else was terribly interested in

I guess I would be cool with this if it were 5 years ago. After all, these guys were all good back then. They are simply not good football players at this point of their careers. Yes, we're signing bad football players. I think that right now, we might just be a little worse than last season- not better. It's still looking like this is the season Cutler actually dies on the field. After this season, whatever roofie puppetmaster Martz slipped into everyone's drinks is going to wear off and he's going to be run out of town the same way he's been run out of everywhere else.

Some serious bear-tinted glasses being worn in this thread.

bearsfan_51
07-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Danieal Manning is (was) not the best member of our secondary.

I don't disagree with most of your comments. However, it seems like your job is to do nothing but *****. It gets really old really fast. If we resigned Kreutz you'd ***** about that too.

k0ng
07-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Marshal's a Cardinal. He's gone. All I see is that:

a) we got a clear upgrade at punter
b) we unloaded a good receiving tight end (also the franchise's best friend) and signed a tight end bad at both receiving and blocking
c) we signed a receiver who's looked really bad since the start of the 08 season and the guy who couldn't beat him out for playing time
d) we got an overpaid running back who looks like his career is done to replace another overpaid RB who looks like his career is done
e) we lost the best member of the secondary because we offered him a third-string contract
f) we lost the only close-to-average member of last year's line
g) we picked up a couple of busts for the D-line that no one else was terribly interested in

I guess I would be cool with this if it were 5 years ago. After all, these guys were all good back then. They are simply not good football players at this point of their careers. Yes, we're signing bad football players. I think that right now, we might just be a little worse than last season- not better. It's still looking like this is the season Cutler actually dies on the field. After this season, whatever roofie puppetmaster Martz slipped into everyone's drinks is going to wear off and he's going to be run out of town the same way he's been run out of everywhere else.

Some serious bear-tinted glasses being worn in this thread.

Damn, I didn't know that. I've always liked him. Does Asante Samuel fit our system? I can dream...

k0ng
07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
"not only does he like to pick busts in round 1 he will gladly take other teams as well!!"

lol, I was reading the bears official boards and came across this quote regarding JA. I thought it was pretty funny.

bearfan
07-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I like the signings of the DL guys, low risk and high reward. Maybe Marinelli can whip them into shape. If not, its not like we are losing anything. Good signings there.

It's looking like we'll lose Olin...I cannot believe that. Even though he is declining, all the players and coaches are vouching that we need him. I wonder what the FO has in mind for his replacement...

I'm still shocked we have not gone after any OL. Right now it is looking pretty awful Carimi-Williams-Garza-Scrub-Webb.

We just need to snatch up at least 2 decent OL. Thats all Im asking, and it will be an upgrade.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-30-2011, 11:57 PM
I like the signings of the DL guys, low risk and high reward. Maybe Marinelli can whip them into shape. If not, its not like we are losing anything. Good signings there.

It's looking like we'll lose Olin...I cannot believe that. Even though he is declining, all the players and coaches are vouching that we need him. I wonder what the FO has in mind for his replacement...

I'm still shocked we have not gone after any OL. Right now it is looking pretty awful Carimi-Williams-Garza-Scrub-Webb.

We just need to snatch up at least 2 decent OL. Thats all Im asking, and it will be an upgrade.

I like the Gholston & Okoye signings as well.

A guy we were very interested in Babin was considered a flame out for a long time. There are countless examples of guys who post fat rookie contract, get extra motivated and a change of scenery usually does some good.

If one of those two turn into a decent rotational player it's great news.

Bearsfan123
07-31-2011, 12:15 PM
The Marion Barber signing perplexes me, but Im excited to see if we can fix Amobi Okoye. I loved him coming out and I thought he was gonna be a beast. And Gholston is another guy with a ton of physical ability, maybe Marinelli can mold these guys....

bearsfan_51
07-31-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm guessing Marion Barber is being brought in as a goal-line back, since we don't have one of those. Not crazy about it, but I agree on the Okoye signing.

Gay Ork Wang
07-31-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm guessing Marion Barber is being brought in as a goal-line back, since we don't have one of those. Not crazy about it, but I agree on the Okoye signing.
i thought thats what unga was kinda for

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-31-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm actually excited for Barber as a goal line guy. I know he won't be ProBowl Barber but he'll be better than Chester and that's all that matters, right?

sweetness34
07-31-2011, 01:54 PM
We just signed C Chris Spencer per the Tribune. Don't have a link because it was tweeted. He played with Seattle last year. Looks like Olin is gone.

BeerBaron
07-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I like that signing. So what if he's not great, he's better than anything else we have.

bearsfan_51
07-31-2011, 02:26 PM
It's unfortunate that Olin couldn't finish his career here from a personal standpoint.

From a personnel standpoint, however, he's probably not going to get 5 mil from anybody. Jerry is a hardass if nothing else.

Hurricane Ditka
07-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Spencer brings more to the table than Olin does at this point in his career. obviously this is a Ruskell move. Bring in some competion at guard and were set.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
07-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Spencer brings more to the table than Olin does at this point in his career. obviously this is a Ruskell move. Bring in some competion at guard and were set.

With the word 'set' a little loosely defined.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-31-2011, 04:19 PM
It's unfortunate that Olin couldn't finish his career here from a personal standpoint.

From a personnel standpoint, however, he's probably not going to get 5 mil from anybody. Jerry is a hardass if nothing else.

It is pretty crazy if the rumor of a $500k difference made this happen.

If I recall correctly, the last time Olin was a free agent, Miami offered him more $$ to come over & Olin was quoted as saying something like, "There is not enough loyalty around the league anymore. I took less to come back here."

The entire situation is pretty shocking considering what he meant to the locker room and if it's only a $500k difference.

Is Spencer a clear upgrade? I hope so.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
What OGs are still available?

Go get an OG & Kelvin Hayden and I will be pretty happy.

LT - Carimi
LG - Free Agent
C - Spencer
RG - Garza
RT - Webb

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-31-2011, 04:33 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2011-07/63635189.jpg

Hurricane Ditka
07-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Brian Waters is still out there isnt he? If he still wants to play give him a shot. Hs got experience in a similar offense.

Carimi Waters Spencer Garza Webb

Wouldn't win any beauty contests but might help keep Jay upright

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Brian Waters is still out there isnt he? If he still wants to play give him a shot. Hs got experience in a similar offense.

Carimi Waters Spencer Garza Webb

Wouldn't win any beauty contests but might help keep Jay upright

Is Leonard Davis still out there? He fits the Tice mold if he has anything left. I was a fan of his in his prime. He used to be able to move people. Now, I am not so sure.

I forgot about Waters. He would be nice. We've had decent luck with older OGs in the past. Ruben Brown was really good for us before the tires came off.

Waters + Davis to compete in camp.

Carimi Waters Spencer Davis Webb

That's a HUGE OL. I hope we make Garza a back up at C/OG this year.

Chris Williams the swing tackle.

bearsfan_51
07-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Now that training camp has started, should we start a new thread?

BeerBaron
07-31-2011, 07:43 PM
I adjusted the name. Call me sentimental but this one goes back like 4 years now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-13year-veteran-kreutz-considering-retirement-20110731,0,1228472.story

Olin considering retirement. Sucks that he left on a bad note, but I personally wouldn't have even offered him the 1 year $4 million. He's not worth it on the field anymore, regardless of his locker room presence.

bearfan
07-31-2011, 07:49 PM
We have the cap space, I don't know why the Bears wouldn't just pony up the money. Are they trying to send a message? All reports (my twitter feed has been lit up today) are saying that the Bears players are pretty upset about Kruetz being gone.

Jay Glazer
These guys are clearly ticked that they are losing their long time leader. Many talk about how big affect he's had on lockerroom over yrs

I think its not about his play at this point so much as what he meant to the team. I think the Bears organization really ****ed up on this one on how they handled it. How do you give a guy who has given so much to the organization, and means so much to the team an ultimatum?

bearsfan_51
Thought I would start a broader thread so that we don't have to start new threads for minor things (Alphonso Boone for example).
I remember Alphonso Boone.

bearsfan_51
The players are ticked off. That means nothing.

BeerBaron
07-31-2011, 07:51 PM
He was a leader by force. He'd just break your jaw (Fred Miller) if you didn't listen to him.

jrdrylie
07-31-2011, 07:52 PM
I adjusted the name. Call me sentimental but this one goes back like 4 years now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-13year-veteran-kreutz-considering-retirement-20110731,0,1228472.story

Olin considering retirement. Sucks that he left on a bad note, but I personally wouldn't have even offered him the 1 year $4 million. He's not worth it on the field anymore, regardless of his locker room presence.

It sucks to see a long-term Bear leave, but Chris Spencer is a definite upgrade on the field. It looks like Chicago's line might actually be serviceable next year.

bearsfan_51
08-01-2011, 11:11 AM
It's so transparent how much the media is slurping Olin Kreutz because he always gave a good interview. You'd think we were losing 2001 Olin Kreutz, not the washed up player he had become.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
First...agreed on the media blowing up the Kruetz thing. Personally I hate the ******* guy. Yeah, he may have been a good player, but the guy is an asshole.

Second...anyone hearing anything about Garrett Wolfe? He getting bites from any other teams?

BeerBaron
08-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Second...anyone hearing anything about Garrett Wolfe? He getting bites from any other teams?

It's too early in the process for signing pure special teams players.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
So I guess we're done with free agency. That was a ******* blast.

bearsfan_51
08-01-2011, 12:05 PM
We resigned Iwuh, he's nothing but a special teams player.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Apparently Kreutz's agent said on the score this morning and he said that they got the offer they wanted on Saturday morning (1 year, 4 million), but Jerry said he needed it signed within an hour, or it would expire. Olin felt like that was playing needless hardball - making up a BS dealine just to be a jerk - and basically, Jerry didn't want him back. So, no deal. Olin walked.

regoob2
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Apparently Kreutz's agent said on the score this morning and he said that they got the offer they wanted on Saturday morning (1 year, 4 million), but Jerry said he needed it signed within an hour, or it would expire. Olin felt like that was playing needless hardball - making up a BS dealine just to be a jerk - and basically, Jerry didn't want him back. So, no deal. Olin walked.
I have no problem with what JA did. He had an offer on the table for days. If Kreutz wanted to be back here that badly he would have signed right away.

bearsfan_51
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
If that's true, I'm not entirely sure why he offered Olin in the first place.

Docta
08-02-2011, 02:08 AM
This offensive line looks even more dysfunctional. Why put so much pressure on Webb? He did okay at RT, so they just move him to the left side the next season. How is he going to do against players like Jared Allen?

Also, Chris Williams got knocked down 6 out of the 6 times in his 1-on-1 workouts.

Gay Ork Wang
08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Webb is not going to play at LT, Carimi is

bearsfan_51
08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
That was the initial plan, but it seems like they are trying different things. Yesterday in practice, Carimi was the 1st team RT, and Webb was the 1st team LT.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Yup. Webb-Williams-Garza-Louis-Carimi

Crazy, huh.

BeerBaron
08-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Spencer will be in there as soon as he's allowed to report.

Gay Ork Wang
08-02-2011, 01:30 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/skjensen/status/98440012152049664

this makes me happy.

Hurricane Ditka
08-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Looking at Lofa Tatupu. Would be a solid pickup. Would give us a solid rotation at lb. If the asking price for Osi drops anymore we should flip that 3rd from the Panther and make the Defense unstopable.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
08-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Chris Williams has been getting pretty much humiliated at OG thus far. Not shocking at all; he's been getting molested since we drafted him. I would love to really hear what Tice thinks about him.

I guess the only good news is that both Lance Louis & Williams won't be starting this year.

I've read encouraging things about Chris Conte. He's got some real range. Maybe not quite like Danieal Manning, but I am going to bet he's a much more complete player. I think we will eventually see Wright/Conte paired together, Wright being the SS.

Monomach
08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Danieal Manning is (was) not the best member of our secondary....but he was.

I don't disagree with most of your comments. However, it seems like your job is to do nothing but *****. Tell you what: when the idiots running the team make good decisions, I'll applaud them. Until then, they get what they deserve.

It gets really old really fast. Your Jerry Angelo nuthugging gets old a bit faster, I'd say.

If we resigned Kreutz you'd ***** about that too.
Only if there had been a better option.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I've never hugged anyone's nuts, I assure you, not that there's anything wrong with that. What I do is point out basic facts, such as the above average record we've had since he took over.

Your sense of self-righteousness in criticizing every possible move the organization makes only further underlines the fact that you will always have the same knee-jerk reaction regardless of what decision is made. It's absolutely impossible to take anything you say seriously, and I know I'm not the only person who thinks that.

You like to think that you have a certain prominence to make these types of criticism, but you really don't. You're far too reliant on metrics that are much better placed for an individual sport like baseball, and you have, to my knowledge, absolutely no qualifications to be so overly-critical. I'd understand a little more if we were fans of the Bengals or the Raiders, where literally anyone could run an organization better than the ownership, but if you were in charge of this team there is absolutely no doubt that it would sink like a rock.

It's easy to complain about things, but at least have a little perspective in understanding how little you actually know.

Gay Ork Wang
08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I like you bf51

JBCX
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Is Gholston taking the place of Idonije on the D-Line?

yo123
08-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Is Gholston taking the place of Idonije on the D-Line?

Idonije is actually good so I would think not.

BeerBaron
08-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Gholston is glorified training camp fodder. He's on the level of any random UDFA right now.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
08-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Except he's getting buy my boy Gabe.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Bears cancelled Family Night mere hours before the event was supposed to take place this evening, apparently the field was in bad shape. You would think they would have taken a look at Soldier Field before today right? ******* morons! What a PR mess this will be.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Kreutz signed in NO for less than 4 million. **** you Kreutz

M.O.T.H.
08-06-2011, 01:03 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/samandroy.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/samandroy2.jpg

Sounds like our boys are fitting right in. Heard they both looked solid in their first practice with you guys. And have actually been doing a lot of coaching since they've gotten there. haha. Roy's already running with the ones and they threw Sam in opposite him a couple of times. Sam had a couple of acrobatic catches, and a drop or two. That's what he does, he'll make some freakish grabs and drop some routine passes. But his hands are legit. He'll probably be a star at your camp, just like he is for Dallas every year. He just never really got that true opportunity post preseason. I wish him luck in Chicago.

Also heard Marion "set the tone" in camp right away with his running style. Granted, he really does suck now. But it's nice to hear that his energy has been an added benefit in your camp early on.

D-Unit
08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Barber doesn't suck btw. You'll love him and the Dallas fans who doubted him will look like complete fools.

M.O.T.H.
08-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Even non-Dallas fans know he has nothing left.

It's true that our bad line play, had a negative effect on each of our three RBs last year. But you dont need stats to see that Barber has majorly fallen off. The regression is more than apparent. He's slow, he goes down much easier, he doesn't hit the hole all that hard anymore. He's useless on anything to the outside. He's a short yardage/goal line back these days and that's what they signed him for.

Docta
08-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Even non-Dallas fans know he has nothing left.

It's true that our bad line play, had a negative effect on each of our three RBs last year. But you dont need stats to see that Barber has majorly fallen off. The regression is more than apparent. He's slow, he goes down much easier, he doesn't hit the hole all that hard anymore. He's useless on anything to the outside. He's a short yardage/goal line back these days and that's what they signed him for.
Well, shouldn't the Dallas fans know more about their players then the non-Dallas fans?

And it looks like Dane might be taking a roster spot away from Hurd.

bearfan
08-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Apparently our OL unless they suck in preseason is as follows:
Webb-Williams-Garza-Louis-Carimi

See ya Jay

M.O.T.H.
08-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Well, shouldn't the Dallas fans know more about their players then the non-Dallas fans?

And it looks like Dane might be taking a roster spot away from Hurd.

Sure they should. D keeps defending him for whatever reason. Every other Cowboy fan here, is pretty much in agreement that he had to go. I was saying that if fans of other teams can be aware that he's cooked, in addition to our own, then one should come to realize that he's just not that good anymore. We all loved Barber, but he's not even close to what he was.

As for Dane taking a spot from Hurd. I really doubt it. With all the Cowboy additions. I've taken a liking to your training camp news. They have Hurd playing every WR position, even taking reverses in the offense. The coaches like him. And he's been performing very well in drills. He just had a very good weekend peformance. Had two red zone TDs on Saturday, another on Sunday, and he's been making acrobatic type catches since he got there. Not to mention, the guy is one of the best gunners in football...he adds more to ST than Dane does. If you keep 6 guys...Dane would nab that spot. But your top 5 look locked in. Your managment surely told Hurd that he would get a shot at competing at WR, but he was certainly signed for his ST prowess first and foremost. And in that regard, he's one of the best in the league. That's not to say, that he wont get playing time at WR. He's a very good talent at WR, who has dreams of starting for the Bears one day. As he has said himself. But the fact that he is one of the best ST players, can play every WR position, and still shows upside, even "starter" upside. He's pretty safe.

DuckHunt
08-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Official Petition to Stop Roy Williams From Doing the First Down Dance | (http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/08/08/official-petition-to-stop-roy-williams-from-doing-the-first-down-dance-for-charity)

Helping spread this around the web, a bunch of Chicago fans aren't very open to the idea of Roy's asinine 1st down dance and plan to actually raise money to a charity of his choice to make sure he cuts that poo out. Thing seems to be gaining some steam.

Gay Ork Wang
08-08-2011, 06:17 AM
ha i saw that on reddit. i hope it works

bearsfan_51
08-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Yes! I ******* hate that dance.

M.O.T.H.
08-08-2011, 02:24 PM
It could be pretty embarrassing...you know, when he'd do it when our team was getting blown out or something. ugh.

The sad thing is, Miles started getting into this a bit last year as well and Barber is known for some obsessive celebration, even after minimal gains. It's great that they're excited and having fun out there...but sometimes it was a little much.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
08-13-2011, 09:05 PM
I saw a bit of tonight's game, some initial impressions:

- Melton looks very good at the UT this year. Clearly bigger as pointed out and he's flying off the ball. One really impressive play to stop Spiller in the backfield.

- Okoye also looked very good.

- Vernon Gholston looked to be getting pressure on the QB by simply overpowering the OT.

- I thought the OL looked pretty shaky as usual:

Carimi seems to just kill the pocket (if you want to call it a pocket) by just moving straight backwards. He is clearly strong though when the DE actually engages he doesn't get completely overwhelmed. Just really passive. A bit frustrating to watch.

Webb got beat multiple times. Not sure what else to say.

Lance Louis did not look particularly good either.

I wasn't paying enough attention to Garza or Williams to give any review.

I was REALLY impressed with how Melton looked. That is a real positive to take out of this.

Also, almost forgot to point out I thought Major Wright looked fantastic.

bearsfan_51
08-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Were all of them boom-boom sacks, or was Cutler guilty of holding the ball too long too? I'll have to wait to see the replay tomorrow on NFL Network.

Docta
08-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Cutler didn't play much. Only attempted 1 pass. The sacks on Enderle were all pretty much the line's fault.

Louis seemed frustrated with himself after the game, so at least we know he cares about improving.

bearsfan_51
08-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Just watching the highlights, J'Marcus Webb is still awful. I don't get the faith placed in him at all; it's not like they used a 1st round pick on him or something.

M.O.T.H.
08-14-2011, 09:13 AM
I was actually excited to see this game to see how Williams/Hurd did. And uhhh yeah, your line pissed me off. lol. You guys had something like 3 pass attempts with a minute and a half left in the 1st half.

sweetness34
08-14-2011, 10:15 AM
On the bright side Spencer looked good with the 2nd unit. I think you'll see him moved up to the starters here pretty soon.

I agree with the other posts in this thread on how other players looked, but don't forget that Barber looked solid. He's going to be a good 2nd string back.

bearsfan_51
08-14-2011, 11:05 AM
The season lies on the ability of the offensive line improving, however. Whether Barber is an improvement over Chester Taylor is relatively minor if Webb is still a giant piece of crap and our interior line folds like a flan.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Any news on Corey Wootton's injury?

SolidGold
08-14-2011, 12:35 PM
I noticed Amobi Okoye notched two sacks. That could turn out to be a good pick up for you guys, I think his skills fit your defense perfectly.

Docta
08-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Any news on Corey Wootton's injury?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-sources-bears-de-wootton-out-4-weeks-with-meniscus-damage-in-knee-20110814,0,816372.story

Out for 4 weeks with a knee injury. Same injury that made him drop in the draft.

EDIT: Correction; he tore his ACL in college. It was a meniscus injury this time.

BeerBaron
08-14-2011, 08:08 PM
I noticed Amobi Okoye notched two sacks. That could turn out to be a good pick up for you guys, I think his skills fit your defense perfectly.

Indeed. I was quite pleased with it. And it's not like say, Gholston, who was absolutely awful. Okoye started all 4 years he was in Houston including every game the past 2 years. He didn't have the big sack numbers you'd like out of a first round pick, but he was serviceable and I think him being cut was more because he didn't fit the new 3-4 defense than him actually being bad.

He'll certainly be a decent part of our rotation I think. And he'll be an improvement on what we've had in Tommie Harris the last couple years...

SolidGold
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
I really liked that Okoye signing, he is only 24 years old and has alot of experience. I think Marinelli will be a good influence on him. Too bad the Bears could not make any savvy o-line free agent pick ups as well.

BeerBaron
08-15-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8055

Well, we still don't like Caleb Hanie.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Mario Addison starting to get a lot of attention. With Wootten's injury does he make the team?

What are chances that Sanzenbacher makes the team?

MidwayMonster31
08-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, this new kickoff rule is really screwing us already. We knew it would happen, and it's worse now that we're seeing it in person.

regoob2
08-22-2011, 09:07 PM
At least the OL looked good.

dswedswe12
08-27-2011, 03:29 AM
hi friends .. my name is paras and i am new in this post..its so interesting about exchange of views and ideas

MidwayMonster31
08-27-2011, 10:05 PM
The passing game looked pretty sharp tonight. Forte also had some nice runs, the secondary was much better, the linebackers could be a concern though. And that was a really bad looking injury that Dez Clark had, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the season for him.

bearsfan_51
08-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Ok, so, final roster?

QB- Cutler, Hanie, Enderle
RB- Forte, Barber, Bell
FB- Ta'ufo
HB- Adams
WR- Williams, Hester, Bennett, Knox, Hurd, Sanzenbacher
TE- Davis, Spaeth, Clark
OL- Carimi, Garza, Louis, Webb, Williams, Spencer, Omiyale, Horn

DE-Peppers, Idonije, Wooton, Reed/Addison
DT- Helton, Adams, Toeaina, Paea, Okoye
LB- Urlacher, Briggs, Roach, Iwuh, Thomas
CB-Tillman, Jennings, Bowman, Graham, Josh Moore, D.J. Moore
S- Harris, Wright, Conte, Steltz
Special Teams- Gould, Mannelley, Podlesh

That's only 48. My guess is that we'll keep a fullback (Ta'ufo or Williams), another lineman (Horn?), and two guys currently not on the team for special teams, probably a linebacker and a safety. We'll almost have to add another DE, unless Addison makes the team.

This team really lacks depth.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2011, 11:42 AM
How has Paea looked? I was kind of upset that we chose Marvin Austin over Paea.

bearsfan_51
08-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe somebody else could answer this, I can't stay awake during preseason games.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I love preseason games. At least for the Giants, it's practically the only time you get to really see your rookies play. They never sniff the field during the regular season, unless it's a high draft pick playing a position where guys rotate regularly.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Paea has yet to light it up. If I were making excuses for him I'd say he's been forced into the NT spot due to an injury to Anthony Adams and good 3=techplay by Amobi Okoye. He's also still getting over that knee thing he had before being drafted.

I still believe in him though.

JBCX
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I haven't watched too much of the Bears preseason games. I noticed recently that Vernon Gholston has been released, however. Has he shown nothing in these games? I mean, how bad was he that they don't even give him an opportunity to play for a roster spot as a backup?

I thought Gholston would really take off in a 4-3 scheme, too.

Hurricane Ditka
08-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Ok, so, final roster?

QB- Cutler, Hanie, Enderle
RB- Forte, Barber, Bell
WR- Williams, Hester, Bennett, Knox, Hurd, Sanzenbacher
TE- Davis, Spaeth, Clark
OL- Carimi, Garza, Louis, Webb, Williams, Spencer, Omiyale

DE-Peppers, Idonije, Wooton
DT- Helton, Adams, Toeaina, Paea, Okoye
LB- Urlacher, Briggs, Roach, Iwuh, Thomas
CB-Tillman, Jennings, Bowman, Graham, Josh Moore, D.J. Moore
S- Harris, Wright, Conte, Steltz
Special Teams- Gould, Mannelley, Podlesh

That's only 48. My guess is that we'll keep a fullback (Ta'ufo or Williams), another lineman (Horn?), and two guys currently not on the team for special teams, probably a linebacker and a safety. We'll almost have to add another DE, unless Addison makes the team.

This team really lacks depth.

Edwin Williams will probably make the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Adams sticks as 4th TE/ H-Back

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
08-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah I think Dez goes to the PUP list and Adams is used as a FB/H-back deal. Depending on Adams play in the regular season (if he gets any at all) some decision will be made when Dez gets healthy.

Btw I'm pretty proud we're giving legitimate shots to undrafted players this year. I have to imagine theres some self fulfilling prophecy that going in knowing you're not making a team will hold you back in your own mind. So knowing you're being given a true opportunity is proving the opposite is true.

bearsfan_51
09-01-2011, 08:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/6915224/chicago-bears-offer-matt-forte-15m-guaranteed-sources-say

Bears offer 15 million guaranteed to Forte. Considering Frank Gore just got 13 mil, I think that's fair. Hopefully he takes it and they can move on.

jrdrylie
09-01-2011, 08:27 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/6915224/chicago-bears-offer-matt-forte-15m-guaranteed-sources-say

Bears offer 15 million guaranteed to Forte. Considering Frank Gore just got 13 mil, I think that's fair. Hopefully he takes it and they can move on.

If he doesn't take it, he's a fool. Forte is a good back, but he isn't in the top two or three. $15 million guaranteed is great money. Chicago is where he is going to be the most successful because he is a great fit for the Martz offense.

MidwayMonster31
09-02-2011, 12:11 AM
How did Enderle look tonight? From the parts that I saw, it looked like his footwork was a little choppy and he wasn't driving the ball as well as he could.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Briggs filed a trade request. It saddens me that, not the news of this, but that my first thought was "Wonder what we get for him." Thought he'd be a lifer.

bearsfan_51
09-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Briggs can go pound sand. He had a chance to get big money and nobody wanted to give him it. Get a clue, asshole.

bigbluedefense
09-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Briggs is still the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL. Has been for awhile now.

One of the most under appreciated players in the league.

BeerBaron
09-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I appreciate him but I don't appreciate the fact that he wants a new contract every time some other linebacker gets one. It doesn't work like that.

Bearsfan123
09-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Tomorrow is opening day! It's gonna be a rough game, but still, Im ******* PUMPED!!

dunagan15
09-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Here to a good game fellas.

Baron if things get sour dont explode

SFbear
09-11-2011, 07:17 PM
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/ironavalanche/6b3df52b.jpg

MidwayMonster31
09-12-2011, 12:16 AM
The defensive line really did their job today. Cutler also had plenty of time to throw, to go with some big plays. The special teams also came through in plenty of ways.

jrdrylie
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
I really wish we still had Olsen. He would expose Roman Harper next week.

BeerBaron
09-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I really wish we still had Olsen. He would expose Roman Harper next week.

You or I or Kellen Davis can probably expose Roman Harper. I'm more worried about them moving the ball on us that I am with us moving it on them.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Sam Bradford got me 1 point. Jay would have gotten me 21. I will not make that mistake this week.

BeerBaron
09-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Sam Bradford got me 1 point. Jay would have gotten me 21. I will not make that mistake this week.

Start any QB you have against the Saints. Roman Harper and Patrick Robinson are awful.

NOLAFan
09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Start any QB you have against the Saints. Roman Harper and Patrick Robinson are awful.

Yep. Atleast Jenkins will be there to clean up their mistakes 30 or 40 yards down the field :(

MidwayMonster31
09-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Smith is still suspended so at least that makes the tackles jobs easier. If Cutler can find the right matchups, we could pull this off. Like the Bears, the Saints thrive off of turnovers, but without turnovers, the Saints defense is nothing. We will probably be playing them so deep that the underneath stuff will be there all day.

Iamcanadian
09-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Looks like a toss up to me. Chicago lacks a true #1 WR who can scare opponents but has a solid defense which should press Brees. The offense is still solid.
NO has a superb offense but the defense isn't up to snuff.
However, Chicago will have to score a lot of points to beat the Saints.
Home team wins.

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 11:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/brian-urlacher-returns-to-the-bears/

Urlacher has returned to practice, so we should have him on Sunday.

Saints-Tigers
09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
So much for our defense being nothing :)

jrdrylie
09-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Carimi has a dislocated kneecap. Looks like we will be seeing a lot of Frank Omiyale.

Gay Ork Wang
09-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Cutler is going to die

BeerBaron
09-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah probably...sigh.

Mr. X
09-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Ugh... I really hope this game isn't going to be a 49-3 beat down. Not feeling too optimistic for this game. Losing by less than a touchdown would feel like a morale victory.

iowatreat54
09-22-2011, 01:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7004353/chicago-bears-general-manager-jerry-angelo-defended-offensive-line

"We did everything you could possibly do to that [offensive line] position," Angelo told the Bears' website. "Nobody did more than the Chicago Bears."

There really are few people in this world that I loathe more than Jerry Angelo.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Maybe he specifically means the Chicago Bears line, which is technically true, since no other team signed players for us.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Speechless.

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I hate that people keep bringing up the fact that we let Kreutz go as a reason for why our o-line is sucking.

The o-line was just as bad last year with him. Moving on from his was the right thing to do. And I HATE it even more when people call Kreutz a "Pro Bowl center." Yeah, he was once upon a time, but hasn't played that way in a good 4 years or so.

J-Mike88
09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Our pass rush has been horses*** this season.
All you guys have to do is give help on Matthews, and Cutler will have plenty of time.

We don't have Cullen Jenkins, who was 75% of our interior pass rush.
And we don't have the fragile Mike Neal, again, who was anointed as worthy of Jenkins replacement so they let Cullen go, to Philly, who could afford him despite all their other additions.

Your defense always finds a way to slow us down, in cold weather or warm weather on that molasses field there. So this game will be close once again and you guys have as good a chance as the Packers do to win.
If I was a betting man, and I am, I'd take the Bears on the moneyline if the odds were favorable, like +150 or something.

Forte could catch 12 passes for 150 yards on our linebackers. And first game missing Nick Collins now (our Ed Reed/Polamalu) could allow a few deep plays for Knox-Hester-Gault.

MidwayMonster31
09-25-2011, 07:59 PM
What a wreck that was. The Packers could've beaten them on their own, they didn't need the Bears help.

BeerBaron
10-02-2011, 02:20 PM
This is wholly unacceptable.