PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

MidwayMonster31
10-02-2008, 11:25 AM
If Harris can play, I don't think pass rush will be a problem. Harris, Dusty, Harrison and Idonije should be able to swarm the backfield all day against Detroit. If we can put them in an early hole, this shouldn't be too bad.
Here are most (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1237879&postcount=18) of the bad things about Detroit's defense that I put in the game thread.

regoob2
10-02-2008, 11:32 AM
If Harris can play, I don't think pass rush will be a problem. Harris, Dusty, Harrison and Idonije should be able to swarm the backfield all day against Detroit. If we can put them in an early hole, this shouldn't be too bad.
Here are most (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1237879&postcount=18) of the bad things about Detroit's defense that I put in the game thread.

I really couldnt care less if Harris plays or not. My main concern is Orton turning the ball over. Even with out Vasher, Harris and Tillman if we dont turn the ball over we should win.

awfullyquiet
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
And we run. But i'm sure that's not an issue. Give the ball to jones. Make him run.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
If Tillman and Vasher are out we're going to have some serious issues, I don't think there's any getting around that.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Everyone be sure to start Calvin Johnson this week.

BeerBaron
10-02-2008, 02:41 PM
whats wrong with Tillman now? wtf? are these guys made of glass?

The Lions one real offensive weapon is going to be going against the biggest sore spot on our defense this week....ugh. Hopefully our D-line can get some pressure so our backups in the secondary don't have to work so hard.....

Gay Ork Wang
10-02-2008, 02:51 PM
we just have to pray kitna plays like always

SFbear
10-02-2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5205

Tommie's been suspended for Sunday for breaking a team rule.

Gay Ork Wang
10-02-2008, 05:02 PM
why do we always try to help the Lions

Race for the Heisman
10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
why do we always try to help the Lions

We're making excuses for ourselves in advance. Are you ever going to go back to being Renji?

BeerBaron
10-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Tommie hasn't been himself this year anyway....Maybe Dusty, Harrison and Idonije will do something good between em.

Gay Ork Wang
10-02-2008, 05:32 PM
We're making excuses for ourselves in advance. Are you ever going to go back to being Renji?
I doubt it

bearsfan_51
10-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Tommie needs to grow up. He seems like a nice guy but he also seems like a big dumb kid. Upset because they cut your friend? Distracted because you had a baby?

Come on dude...it's the real world, you're making millions upon millions, stop being a *****.

And that's best case scenario..I wonder if he'll ever have a full season.

BeerBaron
10-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Tommie needs to grow up. He seems like a nice guy but he also seems like a big dumb kid. Upset because they cut your friend? Distracted because you had a baby?

Come on dude...it's the real world, you're making millions upon millions, stop being a *****.

And that's best case scenario..I wonder if he'll ever have a full season.

alright.....that one i'll buy as a legitimate distraction for......anyone. especially if its your first kid or something.

but i agree that he seems like a big kid at times.

regoob2
10-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey Baron when did you become a team leader?

SFbear
10-03-2008, 12:52 AM
According to Michael Smith, Lovie yanked Tommie out of a team meeting for giving a bogus excuse as to why he missed an injury treatment session. If true its pretty infuriating to hear that Tommie isn't giving 100% into getting healthy after the enormous amount of money we have invested him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3623057&categoryId=2378529

BeerBaron
10-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey Baron when did you become a team leader?

a few weeks ago. got a PM from JBond along with a bunch of other fans of various teams. I don't really do too much, just make sure things stay pretty clean in this forum which they usually do.

Gay Ork Wang
10-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Lloyd seems to be out so we get to see Earl Bennett

awfullyquiet
10-03-2008, 04:26 PM

how about we just don't see rasheid davis for a week

BeerBaron
10-03-2008, 04:31 PM

this guy was supposed to be like, this great route running, pro ready wide out from a very academically elite school (for a d-1 football program anyway) so it surprises me that he hasn't been at least activated yet given our rather unspectacular WR group.

hopefully they get a few passes his way if he plays...i wanna see what he can do.

Gay Ork Wang
10-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Starting cornerbacks Charles Tillman (shoulder) and Nate Vasher (wrist) were limited in practice Friday and listed as questionable on the injury report, but both said they expected to play against the Lions.

Booker (knee) was also limited and listed as questionable, Starting cornerbacks Charles Tillman (shoulder) and Nate Vasher (wrist) were limited in practice Friday and listed as questionable on the injury report, but both said they expected to play against the Lions.

Booker (knee) was also limited and listed as questionable, while rookie left tackle Chris Williams practiced without restrictions and was listed as questionable. The first-round draft pick has been making steady progress in his rehabilitation from back surgery.

Sounds good!

BeerBaron
10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
it does sound good. i'm just hoping that we can get some sort of pass rush...thats my main fear of the game. should be easier with vasher and tillman there, but i think that could still be the biggest factor. that (getting pressure on kitna) and KO not turning it over. we do those, we win.

SFbear
10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Dear Chicago Bears,

After glossing over the Detroit Lions' schedule, I am overcome with the urge to implore you to not be the only team that loses to the Detroit Lions this year. This goes for week 9 too.

Sincerely
SFbear

BeerBaron
10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Dear Chicago Bears,

After glossing over the Detroit Lions' schedule, I am overcome with the urge to implore you to not be the only team that loses to the Detroit Lions this year. This goes for week 9 too.

Sincerely
SFbear

game plan: Forte, Forte and more Forte. The Lions only play with 5 players on defense and if Michael Turner can crush em, he can too!

awfullyquiet
10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
game plan: Forte, Forte and more Forte. The Lions only play with 5 players on defense and if Michael Turner can crush em, he can too!

Kevin Jones!

maybe it's just me. but i want to see that story line on monday.

Gay Ork Wang
10-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Kevin Jones!

maybe it's just me. but i want to see that story line on monday.
that would be great in so many ways:

first of all not that many carries for forte
second thing is that a one two punch is always nice to have
third thing is to see Lions fans ***** how they were that dumb and let him go
fourth thing is to boost his (KJ's) Moral

BeerBaron
10-03-2008, 07:20 PM
that would be great in so many ways:

first of all not that many carries for forte
second thing is that a one two punch is always nice to have
third thing is to see Lions fans ***** how they were that dumb and let him go
fourth thing is to boost his (KJ's) Moral

all good reasons but I would kind of like to see Forte dominate them Burner Turner style to show he was worth his pick (and why we didn't go a QB)

Gay Ork Wang
10-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I thought he already showed that the last few weeks especially in indianapolis

regoob2
10-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I definitely think Jones should get 10+ carries. He will not doubt be running with great motivation.

Bearsfan123
10-04-2008, 12:47 AM
I definitely think Jones should get 10+ carries. He will not doubt be running with great motivation.

I agree, and who is in your sig now?

BeerBaron
10-04-2008, 03:09 AM
I agree, and who is in your sig now?

taking a guess here cause i don't immediately recognize them all:

crabtree, johnson, harper, boone

yay or nay?

regoob2
10-04-2008, 09:25 AM
taking a guess here cause i don't immediately recognize them all:

crabtree, johnson, harper, boone

yay or nay?Darrius Heyward-Bey, Herman Johnson, Cullen Harper, and Alex Boone with the comp. pick we hopefully get for Berrian.

Bearsfan123
10-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Ah darn! I knew the last three! I just couldnt get the first. What do you see in DHB? He looks like another Berrian to me.

Race for the Heisman
10-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Ah darn! I knew the last three! I just couldnt get the first. What do you see in DHB? He looks like another Berrian to me.

At the time he left us, I actually thought Berrian was one of the better offensive players that we had. His catch in the corner of the end zone against the Broncos just sticks out in my mind for some reason.

As far as Heyward-Bey, I'm not sure. Everything looks fine with him, I mean he's a beast and the production is there, I just don't buy him a mid-first round pick right now. I have no logical reason but I just can't shake that feeling.

BeerBaron
10-04-2008, 11:22 AM

i saw the "T" on his helmet and thought maybe texas tech because i forgot how their helmet looks, guess it was terrapin.

Gay Ork Wang
10-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Why do all people think we are bad against the pass? Yes we gave up alot of yards, but thats not because we have a bad pass defense. Thats cause people try to pass on us alot. I mean are we perfect or awesome? Def not, but we are pretty good. The Passing Pct of opposing Teams are not really good, i really just adds up after some time if people try to throw it 178 times against us

bearsfan_51
10-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Why do all people think we are bad against the pass? Yes we gave up alot of yards, but thats not because we have a bad pass defense. Thats cause people try to pass on us alot. I mean are we perfect or awesome? Def not, but we are pretty good. The Passing Pct of opposing Teams are not really good, i really just adds up after some time if people try to throw it 178 times against us
Our secondary has actually done a nice job so far, we just aren't getting the pass rush we need.

You're right, teams have passed a lot on us this year, and ouw sack stats don't reflect that at all.

regoob2
10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
DHB has elite speed and great height and bulk. He can make the spectacular catch and go up and get the ball at it's highest point. He is a beast running after the catch. He comes from a similar run first play action offense. He has elite measurables.

sweetness34
10-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Our pass rush sets up our coverage. We have ball hawks in the secondary. When a QB has time they can pick apart our defense because of the zone looks in the middle and to the outside of the field but when our DL gets consistent pressure it's hard for a QB to find targets.

We need our pass rush every week or teams light us up in the passing game.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Here's some under the radar good news:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/10/top_pick_williams_cleared_for.html

I wonder if he can work his way into the starting lineup this year. John St. Clair has been ok, but I'd like to see Williams beat him out obviously.

BeerBaron
10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
is it possible that Williams could even slide in at LG at first? I recall him being called fairly versatile back around the draft and if it could get him on the field for some live games reps, i'd be all for it.

Race for the Heisman
10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
is it possible that Williams could even slide in at LG at first? I recall him being called fairly versatile back around the draft and if it could get him on the field for some live games reps, i'd be all for it.

Considering how soft he was supposed to be I'd be inclined to say no, but I obviously cannot say what the coaching staff thinks.

Gay Ork Wang
10-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Lets enjoy this:

We are leading the Division!!!!

BeerBaron
10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Lets enjoy this:

We are leading the Division!!!!

the packers are beatable...same for the vikes....the lions are the lions...

this is a bears kind of year. don't be spectacular, but play a little D and watch teh turnovers and we can win the division. sick ****, lol

BeerBaron
10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
oo oo ced ben sighting in cincy.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks to Sage Rosenfels, Grossman is no longer the dumbest QB in the NFL.

BeerBaron
10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks to Sage Rosenfels, Grossman is no longer the dumbest QB in the NFL.

to think, minnesota almost had sage for a 3rd rounder in the offseason.....

Yanno, Kyle Orton might just be the best QB in the division now. Ponder that for a second.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Aaron Rodgers is clearly better, IMO... but Kyle Orton is the second best.

If Orton keeps progressing as he is, we might have found our QB for the next couple of years. Nothing flashy, but gets the job done.

BeerBaron
10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
gets the job done indeed. as long as the defense can hold and someone is running the ball, he can be halfway decent.

and if its for the next couple of years that he's our guy, we should consider extending him. i believe he's only signed through 09

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 07:29 PM
lol, looking at Sage Rosenfel's wikipedia page:

Given a chance to start in the Texans home opener on October 5, 2008, Rosenfels played well in leading the Texans to a 17 point lead. However, he then single-handedly lead one of the largest collapses in NFL history, fumbling twice and throwing an interception in the last 4 minutes of the game to lose to the Indianapolis Colts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_Colts) 31-27

As for Orton, he's got one more year after this year. For a Bears QB, all you gotta do is not turn the ball over, and have the ability to make a play here or there.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Also, forget what I said about signing Williams in the offseason... we don't need a POS like him.

BeerBaron
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Also, forget what I said about signing Williams in the offseason... we don't need a POS like him.

well, Lee Evans was the only other FA WR I was really interested in and now thats out....

bearsfan_51
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I think Hester and Lloyd could make a serviceable starting pair. Hopefully Earl Bennett can come around, and I'm sure we'll draft another receiver next year.

I'd prefer to avoid Roy Williams, he doesn't have great speed, and his attitude is ******* terrible and annoying.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 08:34 PM
If Michael Crabtree is there in the early 20's (I'm back on the playoff bandwagon), sign me up...

BeerBaron
10-05-2008, 08:35 PM
isn't Lloyd only on a one year deal? he's playing like our #1 WR right now and if he's healthy and keeps it up, he might command more money than i think he'd be worth come the offseason. might want to test the FA market which wouldn't help us...

Maybe if he keeps it up we can resign him in-season to a nice little extention. He and Hester wouldn't be bad with Bennett out of the slot if they all live up a little bit

sweetness34
10-05-2008, 08:51 PM
lol, looking at Sage Rosenfel's wikipedia page:

As for Orton, he's got one more year after this year. For a Bears QB, all you gotta do is not turn the ball over, and have the ability to make a play here or there.

**** that. I'm tired of the "hey just manage the game" ********. He needs to be a threat in the passing game. I'm sick and tired of letting the defense and special teams set us up for wins every week because it's not gonna happen every game.

Orton did play very well today, I'm not going to take anything away from his performance. But he has to be more consistent down the field. He makes all the right reads for the most part, just needs to get the ball into the WR's hands.

He has to do more than just "not turn the ball over." We don't have the ST's or the Defense to do that anymore. Our offense needs to put up points every week.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I still wouldn't make Hester a starter as I think we still need him as a threat in the return game. Right now I am thinking draft a receiver in the first (hopefully either DHB or Crabtree) and sign an Olineman, either Gross or Andrews.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 08:53 PM
**** that. I'm tired of the "hey just manage the game" ********. He needs to be a threat in the passing game. I'm sick and tired of letting the defense and special teams set us up for wins every week because it's not gonna happen every game.

Orton did play very well today, I'm not going to take anything away from his performance. But he has to be more consistent down the field. He makes all the right reads for the most part, just needs to get the ball into the WR's hands.

He has to do more than just "not turn the ball over." We don't have the ST's or the Defense to do that anymore. Our offense needs to put up points every week.
I don't know if you noticed, but we have a top 15, maybe top 10 offense so far this season. And today, Orton played great and was a threat with the passing game. He rarely made a bad read and really only missed one or two deep passes. Orton's touch and accuracy has gotten a lot better.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I still wouldn't make Hester a starter as I think we still need him as a threat in the return game. Right now I am thinking draft a receiver in the first (hopefully either DHB or Crabtree) and sign an Olineman, either Gross or Andrews.
We're paying Hester far too damn much to not have him start on offense.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Also, I'm not sure we have the cap room to make a big FA signing (not that we ever would anyway, you act like you're new Smokey). We just gave out like 100 million in bonuses to resign everyone.

Smokey Joe
10-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I find it silly you have that hate for Charles Tillman in your sig still...

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 02:04 AM
I don't know if you noticed, but we have a top 15, maybe top 10 offense so far this season. And today, Orton played great and was a threat with the passing game. He rarely made a bad read and really only missed one or two deep passes. Orton's touch and accuracy has gotten a lot better.

Against the Lions. He played an absolute crap team today. I applaud what he did in the passing game but they couldn't cover me back there.

He still has no deep ball and his passes down field are inconsistent although they were better today.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Against the Lions. He played an absolute crap team today. I applaud what he did in the passing game but they couldn't cover me back there.

He still has no deep ball and his passes down field are inconsistent although they were better today.

Dude if Rex Grossman had that game you'd be jacking off in the corner to his football cards.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2008, 02:10 AM
I find it silly you have that hate for Charles Tillman in your sig still...
I still think it was BS, but he's played very well the last two weeks to help redeem himself. And he's playing hurt, that gets big props from me.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 04:36 AM
after 5 weeks he has created 4 turnovers

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 07:51 AM
wtf, i mean i know we played the lions but i never thought im gonna see this ever again.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8258/omgzyg6.gif
Passing Leader: A Bears QB. WTF?

Bearsfan123
10-06-2008, 08:15 AM
wtf, i mean i know we played the lions but i never thought im gonna see this ever again.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8258/omgzyg6.gif
Passing Leader: A Bears QB. WTF?

Hell just froze over. Damn.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 08:16 AM
******* 2 NFC North QBs are leading

iloxygenil
10-06-2008, 10:50 AM

I'm not a Bears fan by any means, but how can you say Orton doesn't have a deep ball...did you watch the game? He made a couple incredible throws down field...even overthrowing the WRs a couple of times on very well thrown balls with plenty of air and nice tight spirals. That's just nuts...now a couple years ago, you were right he didn't have a deep ball...but guess what...he's been in an NFL strength and conditioning program and he's obviously worked very hard to get his arm where it belongs...he has an NFL caliber arm now.

SFbear
10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm not a Bears fan by any means, but how can you say Orton doesn't have a deep ball...did you watch the game? He made a couple incredible throws down field...even overthrowing the WRs a couple of times on very well thrown balls with plenty of air and nice tight spirals. That's just nuts...now a couple years ago, you were right he didn't have a deep ball...but guess what...he's been in an NFL strength and conditioning program and he's obviously worked very hard to get his arm where it belongs...he has an NFL caliber arm now.

Arm strength has never been an issue with Orton. Just accuracy. He use to throw the ball ten yards over a reciever's head or right at the ground by a reciever's feet. They were so badly thrown that they were impossible for DBs to intercept so people started calling him a "game manager" who protected the ball.

His accuracy has definitely improved this year and I disagree about Orton's deep ball. They aren't as pretty as Rex's but they get the job done.

dabears10
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM

Yeah, the Lions game was the first game in which Orton threw down field consistently accurate. Up to that point, especially in the Bucs game he couldn't throw 15+ yards if his life was dependent on it. Let's hope that it continues but it hasn't shown it will.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, the Lions game was the first game in which Orton threw down field consistently accurate. Up to that point, especially in the Bucs game he couldn't throw 15+ yards if his life was dependent on it. Let's hope that it continues but it hasn't shown it will.
na it was the panthers game where he did not have any nice down field throw

awfullyquiet
10-06-2008, 11:53 AM
na it was the panthers game where he did not have any nice down field throw

i thought it was both games

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 11:58 AM
i thought it was both games
i thought in the TB game he hardly passed over 15+ like tried

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Orton's deep ball is still garbage. How many did he throw over 25 yards yesterday?

By my count 4 or 5. That one to Olsen was nice, albeit he was wide open down the middle of the field. The one to Davis on the sideline was very nice as well between two defenders. He also overthrew Davis on a fly route, Rashied had the guy beat. I think he overthrew Hester as well on a deep ball.

Orton's strength is short/medium routes. He threw the ball nicely against a horrible team. He has struggled with his deep ball against good defenses this year. I don't think you guys realize how bad Detroit really is. I was extremely surprised at their ineptness as I thought their offense would at least move the ball somewhat on us. One of the worst teams I've ever seen us play, yes they were that bad.

Orton played well, I'm not saying that he didn't. What I am saying is that the last two decent defenses he's played, 6 turnovers. Week 1 he managed the game and we won. Week 2 he managed early, we fell behind and he couldn't bring us back (also should have had a pick). Week 3 he threw a pick 6, and he gave up points in the redzone, he did "bring us back" but it was his piss poor first half that even gave them a chance. Week 4 we had 4 turnovers, and he again threw away points in the red zone, he also had zero pocket awareness and we were very fortunate to have won. Week 5 we play arguably the worst team in the league outside of St. Louis and he puts up big numbers.

I hear these analysts say "Kyle has improved this season going down the field." No he hasn't. Did you watch the first half of the Tampa game? Did you watch the 2nd half of the Philadelphia game? For anyone to say he has a nice deep ball right now, it's laughable. It sucks, well it doesn't suck but it's very inconsistent. Kyle has the tools mentally to be a starting QB in this league. No one talks about his decision making, his pocket presense, his leadership, his distribution abilities, etc...What is holding him back is that he is not consistent in getting the ball down field against decent defenses. He'll be hot for a couple series' and then it'll go downhill.

I just really don't think you guys realize how bad Detroit is and how bad their pass defense is. Did you see the throwing lanes in the secondary? The blown coverages? The ability of our WR's to get separation from their DB's?

If Kyle can get that deep ball down he's a sure fire NFL QB. But as of right now, it's not there. 333 yards and 2 TD's yesterday against a pitiful team and people are proclaiming that they now have confidence in his ability to go down field. You guys are in for a rude awakening when we face better defenses.

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
I'd love to be proven wrong, and I'll happily eat my serving of crow if that deep ball does become more consistent, but I don't see it happening. He's never been able to consistently throw the ball down the field like Rex can when he has time in the pocket. One series it'll be there, the next he'll throw 20 yards over someone's head.

Let me ask you guys this question; what in your mind kept Orton from being the sure fire starter on this team? Of his abilities what was holding him back? I'll almost guarantee it was the fact that he couldn't throw it down field with consistency. He's had one week where it was there, and it was against the worst defense in the NFL.

regoob2
10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd love to be proven wrong, and I'll happily eat my serving of crow if that deep ball does become more consistent, but I don't see it happening. He's never been able to consistently throw the ball down the field like Rex can when he has time in the pocket. One series it'll be there, the next he'll throw 20 yards over someone's head.

Let me ask you guys this question; what in your mind kept Orton from being the sure fire starter on this team? Of his abilities what was holding him back? I'll almost guarantee it was the fact that he couldn't throw it down field with consistency. He's had one week where it was there, and it was against the worst defense in the NFL.
Rex Grossman.

BeerBaron
10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Rex Grossman.

aye. Orton is the anti-Rexy. We're 3-2 with Orton just not sucking, so i'm not complaining...

I'm not saying that "ZOmGZzZ!!! He is our franchise QB and will be great forever!" cause thats asinine. But right now, him not sucking (and occasionally playing well even if its against the Lions) are what our team needs most. For the future, we need to try and find someone to maybe develop for a little bit whether its via draft or taking some other teams castoff, but for now, Orton is it and none of us should really be bitching.

regoob2
10-06-2008, 09:13 PM
aye. Orton is the anti-Rexy. We're 3-2 with Orton just not sucking, so i'm not complaining...

I'm not saying that "ZOmGZzZ!!! He is our franchise QB and will be great forever!" cause thats asinine. But right now, him not sucking (and occasionally playing well even if its against the Lions) are what our team needs most. For the future, we need to try and find someone to maybe develop for a little bit whether its via draft or taking some other teams castoff, but for now, Orton is it and none of us should really be bitching.
I agree he has played much better than I expected. We're 12th in the league in scoring and I read a few articles saying how horrid our offense would be.

bearfan
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Orton is improving, you have seen it over the past few weeks. I think he is becoming more comfortable playing, and he is even playing well with our recievers being what they are. I saw he is on pace for 22TDs to 13INTs after 5 games, and I know that you cant really project, but if he can get anywhere around that I think it will be safe to say that we wont see a QB drafted for a year. Hopefully he keeps it up, and teams dont figure him out like Rex.

And on the deep ball. How many times do you go deep a game? Not many, its nice to hit it, but you can move the ball just as effectively with shorter passes. The TOP is much better then too, so I think that Ortons game meshes very well with what the coaching staff wants to do.

regoob2
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Orton is improving, you have seen it over the past few weeks. I think he is becoming more comfortable playing, and he is even playing well with our recievers being what they are. I saw he is on pace for 22TDs to 13INTs after 5 games, and I know that you cant really project, but if he can get anywhere around that I think it will be safe to say that we wont see a QB drafted for a year. Hopefully he keeps it up, and teams dont figure him out like Rex.

And on the deep ball. How many times do you go deep a game? Not many, its nice to hit it, but you can move the ball just as effectively with shorter passes. The TOP is much better then too, so I think that Ortons game meshes very well with what the coaching staff wants to do.
I agree I doubt QB will be a first day pick especially in this draft. I think if there is a QB in the 3rd or later they should get a look for depth/future wise. Also with the way our WRs and even Olsen is playing much better the last couple games an OL is the logical 1st round pick now.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
fact is: We still play the Rams and the Lions and the Texans. the Packers Pass defense wasnt that good so far either

Smokey Joe
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
If the Pats decide to part ways with Cassell for some reason, I would not mind signing him to be our backup at all.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
If the Pats decide to part ways with Cassell for some reason, I would not mind signing him to be our backup at all.
I wanna see Hanie...

BeerBaron
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM

thats a really good argument as well. there were quite a few games with Rexy at QB that I think we could have won in recent years (including the superbowl) where our defense just needed to be off the field for a little bit to succeed.

Orton doesn't **** up much. Thats a big seperation from Rexy who couldn't **** up enough...him carelessly tossing picks and making mistakes drug the defense out with little rest on the sidelines and often in poor field position.

bearfan
10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
And if Orton is a short term answer for the next few years (or if he plays well enough over the next few maybe we have him as our QB for a while), what I wouldnt mind drafting is a WR 1st round. I know the game is won in the trenches, I agree, but the only OL pick I see as making an immediate impact is one that comes and plays G. An OL can be picked in the 2nd and or 3rd round, and we groom them to play when Tait retires. I wouldnt mind a Crabtree-Olsen-Hester-Bennett-Davis w/e as our recieving threats. I hope Orton sucseeds, that would be so nice to scratch that off the need list for a while.

regoob2
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Here's my early Big Board. (Bears order)

Michael Oher, Mississippi, 6-5, 325, 5.30
Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, 6-4, 215, 4.70
Eugene Monroe, Virginia, 6-6, 320, 5.25
Andre Smith, Alabama, 6-4, 340, 5.20
Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech, 6-3, 225, 4.50
Matthew Stafford, Georgia, 6-3, 235, 4.80
Greg Hardy, Mississippi, 6-4, 260, 4.70
Darrius Heyward-Bey, 6-2, 205, 4.35
Duke Robinson, Oklahoma, 6-5, 335, 5.35
George Selvie, South Florida, 6-4, 250, 4.70
Jeremy Maclin, Missouri, 6-1, 185, 4.35
Brian Orakpo, Texas, 6-4, 255, 4.65
Chris Wells, Ohio State, 6-1, 235, 4.50 (Jr)
Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech, 6-7, 260, 4.65
William Moore, Missouri, 6-1, 210, 4.50
Taylor Mays, USC, 6-4, 225, 4.45 (Jr)
Herman Johnson, LSU, 6-7, 370, 5.50
Percy Harvin, Florida, 5-11, 185, 4.35 (Jr)
Alex Mack, California, 6-5, 305, 5.10

Smokey Joe
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I wanna see Hanie...
Hanie is still in the mix, but I'd like to see himget developed for at least 2 years, but preferably 3.

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM

Here enlies the problem. Defenses will crowd the line of scrimmage and force Orton to go deep (down the field). I'm not just talking about bombs, I'm talking 20 yard passes, hell even 15 yard passes. That is not his strong suit.

Orton has to be more than a game manager every week because we will end up trailing again, teams will stack the box, and force Orton to throw down the field. And that is where he'll struggle, especially against better defenses.

We cannot keep playing the same type of ball we did 2/3 years ago. Our ST's aren't as good, our defense isn't as good, we don't have near as good an OL, etc...If he plays like he did against Detroit week in and week out, we are a scary, scary, scary team. But that's the thing, he's not going to put up those numbers and that is what I'm worried about.

Smokey Joe
10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
51's right, if Grossman had that game on saturday you would be jerking off to his picture right now.

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
51's right, if Grossman had that game on saturday you would be jerking off to his picture right now.

Yea you got me, I beat off to his sexyness every night.

Detroit is ******* horrible and people act like what he did was impressive. Oh and I should mention so much for our WR's being able to get separation or to make plays huh Smokey.

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
If I'm wrong about Orton then I'll come back and admit it. But he's progressed this season? When and where?

He shows signs of being a good NFL QB, then he goes back to rookie Kyle and throws 15 yards over a receivers head, or makes a bonehead throw, or doesn't get rid of the ball when pressure comes.

We had 8 total yards in the second half in the 4th Quarter against Philadelphia, this after throwing 3 TD's in the first half. How the hell can you go from that to complete suckage in one half? He was horrid in the first half against Tampa then came back and put together a very good second half. You want to talk about Grossman's Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, Orton has shown the same thing.

Smokey Joe
10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Yea you got me, I beat off to his sexyness every night.

Thank you for admitting it ;)

And by the way, a blind man can see the progress Orton has made from his rookie season, to the beginning of the season, to last week.

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Week 1: Really didn't have to do much. Made a nice play here and there but the running game was going and our defense shut down the Colts. Definitely a "managed" game, and that's fine when the rest of the team plays like they did.

Week 2: Another managed game in the first half. Then the team collapsed, he was forced to start making plays down the field and he couldn't. Had a touchdown to Booker and overthrew him. Had Davis on a deep out wide open to sustain a drive and horribly overthrew him. They stacked the box and he couldn't go down the field. Olsen fumbling wasn't his fault but we needed him to get us some points and he couldn't do that.

Week 3: Pitiful in the first half, even those who do support Orton will admit that. Threw a pick 6, then underthrew (yes he underthrew Forte in the endzone) Matt for a touchback interception, those were at least 3 points he threw away. 2nd Half he puts together a couple TD drives and plays much better.

Week 4: Throws 3 quick touchdowns and then is nowhere to be found the rest of the game. Philly starts bringing some heat, he gets rattled, doesn't move in the pocket, and we end up turning it over 4 times, all by Orton. We luck into a win thanks to two huge stands by our defense and two huge bonehead playcalling decisions by Philly. Would you have blamed Kyle for not producing enough had we lost?

Week 5: His best game as a pro, no doubt about that. Passes looked good, made good decisions, didn't take any sacks, no turnovers...But it was against a putrid defense. I think Hanie could have done some damage against that team and I'm not even kidding. Did you see the blown coverages and how open our guys were? Credit to Kyle for making the throws but it was against a horrific team. So I'd take this performance with a major grain of salt.

Kyle has played well...in spurts. Kyle has played horrible...in spurts. Kyle has played alright...in spurts. So which one of those 3 is the guy we're going to see? There has been no consistency with Kyle at all this year.

sweetness34
10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Thank you for admitting it ;)

And by the way, a blind man can see the progress Orton has made from his rookie season, to the beginning of the season, to last week.

Jesus ******* Christ, it was the Lions lol. Did you not see the defense we played against? Orton had some nice passes, that one on the sideline was gorgeous, the slant to Hester for the TD was money, and the slant to Booker down the middle was very nice as well.

If he does it again next week against the Falcons I'll start to possibly become a believer, although I don't know how good Atlanta is on that side of the ball.

regoob2
10-06-2008, 10:15 PM
When Kyle plays bad he still doesn't turn the ball over a lot.

BeerBaron
10-06-2008, 10:40 PM
When Kyle plays bad he still doesn't turn the ball over a lot.

this is true.

Orton at his very worst >>> Rexy at his worst.....

Rexy sickens me.

regoob2
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
this is true.

Orton at his very worst >>> Rexy at his worst.....

Rexy sickens me.
Any QB at his very worst >>> Rexy at his worst

bearsfan_51
10-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Here's my early Big Board. (Bears order)

Michael Oher, Mississippi, 6-5, 325, 5.30
Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, 6-4, 215, 4.70
Eugene Monroe, Virginia, 6-6, 320, 5.25
Andre Smith, Alabama, 6-4, 340, 5.20
Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech, 6-3, 225, 4.50
Matthew Stafford, Georgia, 6-3, 235, 4.80
Greg Hardy, Mississippi, 6-4, 260, 4.70
Darrius Heyward-Bey, 6-2, 205, 4.35
Duke Robinson, Oklahoma, 6-5, 335, 5.35
George Selvie, South Florida, 6-4, 250, 4.70
Jeremy Maclin, Missouri, 6-1, 185, 4.35
Brian Orakpo, Texas, 6-4, 255, 4.65
Chris Wells, Ohio State, 6-1, 235, 4.50 (Jr)
Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech, 6-7, 260, 4.65
William Moore, Missouri, 6-1, 210, 4.50
Taylor Mays, USC, 6-4, 225, 4.45 (Jr)
Herman Johnson, LSU, 6-7, 370, 5.50
Percy Harvin, Florida, 5-11, 185, 4.35 (Jr)
Alex Mack, California, 6-5, 305, 5.10

Not bad, but there's no way I'd pass on Stafford for Crabtree.

Too high for a guard too, but I've already stated my desire to acquire a pass-rusing defensive end.

I guess it depends on where we are, but according to your board you'd take Duke Robinson with the 9th pick, and that's way too high regardless of it being the worst case scenario.

Our team actually has pretty good balance right now. I could go for about 5-6 different positions in the 1st round depending on BPA.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Kyle has played well...in spurts. Kyle has played horrible...in spurts. Kyle has played alright...in spurts. So which one of those 3 is the guy we're going to see? There has been no consistency with Kyle at all this year.
Are you related to Rex Grossman?

BeerBaron
10-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Are you related to Rex Grossman?

Having his children actually.

regoob2
10-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Not bad, but there's no way I'd pass on Stafford for Crabtree.

Too high for a guard too, but I've already stated my desire to acquire a pass-rusing defensive end.

I guess it depends on where we are, but according to your board you'd take Duke Robinson with the 9th pick, and that's way too high regardless of it being the worst case scenario.

Our team actually has pretty good balance right now. I could go for about 5-6 different positions in the 1st round depending on BPA.This is my Bears only mock, not my overall prospect mock. No I wouldnt go OG top 10. Stafford hasn't lit it up really so he has dropped imo. I agree about DE but I also really like Duke and I think he has pro bowl potential and our OG situation is worse than our DE so that's why I have Duke slightly ahead.

Gay Ork Wang
10-07-2008, 06:06 AM
so wait, a Grossman believer says Orton has no consistency?

Gay Ork Wang
10-07-2008, 11:39 AM
i saw this on the bears message board and found it hilarious:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3526/ryleortmanvz6.jpg
Ryle Ortman, the QB we all wish we had

regoob2
10-07-2008, 11:42 AM
i saw this on the bears message board and found it hilarious:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3526/ryleortmanvz6.jpg
Ryle Ortman, the QB we all wish we had
That is scary awesome.

sweetness34
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
so wait, a Grossman believer says Orton has no consistency?

When did I say I was a "Grossman believer" still? I said that if we're going to turn it over like we have at the QB position we might as well put Rex in there.

If Orton puts up 333 yards and 2 TD's against a good defense this seaon I'll eat my words but it ain't gonna happen. Detroit is ******* terrible and people act like what Orton did was impressive.

Neither of these two guys are the answer, but at least Rex would give us more of a threat in the passing game. Orton is in there to take care of the ball, 6 turnovers in 3 weeks is not doing that. He doesn't have the ability to put up 30+ points a game so he needs to be more careful with the football. That's my point.

Oh and '51, did you pop a woody when Berrian scored last night? ;)

sweetness34
10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Problem is we won't get to Grossman unless we lay an egg offensively, and I don't want to do that. So it's kind of a double edged sword.

Gay Ork Wang
10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
When did I say I was a "Grossman believer" still? I said that if we're going to turn it over like we have at the QB position we might as well put Rex in there.

If Orton puts up 333 yards and 2 TD's against a good defense this seaon I'll eat my words but it ain't gonna happen. Detroit is ******* terrible and people act like what Orton did was impressive.

Neither of these two guys are the answer, but at least Rex would give us more of a threat in the passing game. Orton is in there to take care of the ball, 6 turnovers in 3 weeks is not doing that. He doesn't have the ability to put up 30+ points a game so he needs to be more careful with the football. That's my point.

Oh and '51, did you pop a woody when Berrian scored last night? ;)
When Rex turns the ball over = 3-5 turnovers
When Orton turns the ball over = 2-3 turnovers

2-3 turnovers are better than 3-5 turnovers

I just dont know where u can see that Rex gives us the best chance to win right now

Problem is we won't get to Grossman unless we lay an egg offensively, and I don't want to do that. So it's kind of a double edged sword.

There is always injury...

sweetness34
10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
The fact that we actually have a passing game when Rex is in. As I said, if we are going to turn the ball over, we might as well put him in there.

If Orton can play perfect from here on out that's fine, no mistakes and we have a good chance to win every game.

I can understand people not wanting to go back to Rex, as I realize turnovers will be a plenty...I guess my whole ordeal is people claiming Orton has "turned the corner." He's ******* garbage. He lit up a horrid team on Sunday, and I hope you all take that performance with a grain of salt because they are flat out awful.

So we are stuck in Square 1. If Orton though does not improve going down field, I say give Rex one last shot.

BeerBaron
10-07-2008, 07:01 PM
i still say no to Rex. I would have let him go when the QB battle was lost and found a veteran who wouldn't be immediately called for if Orton struggles a little.

Luckily he's been decent in helping the team to a division leading record which is nice, but if he has a slump, the thought of Rex making it back in terrifies me...

Gay Ork Wang
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
The fact that we actually have a passing game when Rex is in. As I said, if we are going to turn the ball over, we might as well put him in there.

If Orton can play perfect from here on out that's fine, no mistakes and we have a good chance to win every game.

I can understand people not wanting to go back to Rex, as I realize turnovers will be a plenty...I guess my whole ordeal is people claiming Orton has "turned the corner." He's ******* garbage. He lit up a horrid team on Sunday, and I hope you all take that performance with a grain of salt because they are flat out awful.

So we are stuck in Square 1. If Orton though does not improve going down field, I say give Rex one last shot.
We hardly had a passing game with him in though.

regoob2
10-07-2008, 07:31 PM

So we are stuck in Square 1. If Orton though does not improve going down field, I say give Rex one last shot.I can't believe your actually serious about Grossman playing.:confused:

bearsfan_51
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
This is my Bears only mock, not my overall prospect mock. No I wouldnt go OG top 10. Stafford hasn't lit it up really so he has dropped imo. I agree about DE but I also really like Duke and I think he has pro bowl potential and our OG situation is worse than our DE so that's why I have Duke slightly ahead.

But it is in the sense that if the 8 players taken before pick #9, you'd take Robinson. It's unlikely, but even in the most worse case scenario you can't take a guard in the top 10, hence I don't see how he can be in the top 10 on any big board.

regoob2
10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
But it is in the sense that if the 8 players taken before pick #9, you'd take Robinson. It's unlikely, but even in the most worse case scenario you can't take a guard in the top 10, hence I don't see how he can be in the top 10 on any big board.I pushed down players that play position that aren't as needed for us. All these guys could go before Duke.
Knowshon Moreno
Chris Wells
Maualaga
Laurinatis
Curry
Cushing
Vontae Davis
Malcolm Jenkins
Taylor Mays
William Moore

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I pushed down players that play position that aren't as needed for us. All these guys could go before Duke.
Knowshon Moreno
Chris Wells
Maualaga
Laurinatis
Curry
Cushing
Vontae Davis
Malcolm Jenkins
Taylor Mays
William Moore

William Moore sucks and is going to drop like a rock on draft day

regoob2
10-07-2008, 09:37 PM
William Moore sucks and is going to drop like a rock on draft dayHe seems to be an instinctive play-maker to me and would be a perfect fit at either safety spot.

ChezPower4
10-07-2008, 09:45 PM
William Moore sucks and is going to drop like a rock on draft day

FAIL

You must not watch this guy play

bearsfan_51
10-07-2008, 09:47 PM
BUST saw Moore play against Illinois and determined from there that he was bad and has been on that case ever since.

regoob2
10-07-2008, 09:59 PM
BUST saw Moore play against Illinois and determined from there that he was bad and has been on that case ever since.
What did or didn't he do?

Smokey Joe
10-08-2008, 07:54 AM
WRONG he got injured in the first half of the Illinois game but was still able to come back and have the most tackles on his team that game.

regoob2
10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Just for fun does anyone think we could get TJ Housh for a 2nd?

Gay Ork Wang
10-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Now? I seriously doubt it, but def do it if we could

BeerBaron
10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anyone else hate how early the trade deadline is?

Would be much easier to pry some guys like Housh away from their teams if they're say, 1-7 and going nowhere fast....

but no, its after week 6....

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Does anyone else hate how early the trade deadline is?

Would be much easier to pry some guys like Housh away from their teams if they're say, 1-7 and going nowhere fast....

but no, its after week 6....

Week 8 seems more legit. or even better yet week 10.

That's when you trade your players for prospects.
Wait. This isn't baseball?

BeerBaron
10-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Week 8 seems more legit. or even better yet week 10.

That's when you trade your players for prospects.
Wait. This isn't baseball?

the Baseball trade deadline is so much more fun though because teams who are crashing can throw their good players to a good team to help them win...etc etc.....

i'd be in favor of bumping it to 8 or 10

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 02:21 PM
the Baseball trade deadline is so much more fun though because teams who are crashing can throw their good players to a good team to help them win...etc etc.....

Haha. And watch big impact players bumble around for a week or two while they digest the system.

I think it's fix things up in a good way.

Gay Ork Wang
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM

im not sure, but is there any playbook u have to adjust too in baseball? is there anything like chemistry or system to get used to? no. And baseball is a lot longer than football. if the deadline is 10 we get someone in week 10, until he makes a splash the season is almost over

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
im not sure, but is there any playbook u have to adjust too in baseball? is there anything like chemistry or system to get used to? no. And baseball is a lot longer than football. if the deadline is 10 we get someone in week 10, until he makes a splash the season is almost over

This is true. I'm thinking that it could work, but it becomes very player specific.

BeerBaron
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
aye, obviously there wouldn't be any swaps of elite QB's or anything, but lets say a contending team has their star RB blow out a knee in week 9.

They're stuck with whoevers on the roster plus any scrubs the find in FA. If the trade dealine is still that late, wouldn't it be compelling to see them send a 2nd rounder to some crappy team for their healthy RB?

I mean, we currently have a trade or two per year now and usually nothing overly huge in terms of impact. I think it'd just be more fun if the deadline was moved back until at least the end of the bye weeks or something.

awfullyquiet
10-08-2008, 04:45 PM
aye, obviously there wouldn't be any swaps of elite QB's or anything, but lets say a contending team has their star RB blow out a knee in week 9.

They're stuck with whoevers on the roster plus any scrubs the find in FA. If the trade dealine is still that late, wouldn't it be compelling to see them send a 2nd rounder to some crappy team for their healthy RB?

I mean, we currently have a trade or two per year now and usually nothing overly huge in terms of impact. I think it'd just be more fun if the deadline was moved back until at least the end of the bye weeks or something.

Yeah. I can see some CB's moving, some defensive line-ers... Mostly defensive players... or wes welker.

BeerBaron
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah. I can see some CB's moving, some defensive line-ers... Mostly defensive players... or wes welker.

defensive players yeah. plug some holes. what the Colts wouldn't kill to have another Booger McFarland come up on the trading block right now, lol.

Prolly mostly RB's and defensive players to fill some little holes. I could see Denver making a push for a LB or DT if their run defense doesn't improve for example.

ChezPower4
10-09-2008, 06:21 PM

so your saying based on one game that you think Moore is going to be bust?

bearsfan_51
10-09-2008, 06:39 PM
so your saying based on one game that you think Moore is going to be bust?
BUST was short for his name which I didn't feel like typing.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh my god...you people....reading comprehension...seriously...

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak76dXIkH2b3jyUL2Bds_MW5bZ8u?slug=be-noise_08week6

Obi eight one

The Orton love after 1 week is kinda ridiculous

Smokey Joe
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh my god...you people....reading comprehension...seriously...
who the hell is BUST?

MidwayMonster31
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm confused.

BeerBaron
10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak76dXIkH2b3jyUL2Bds_MW5bZ8u?slug=be-noise_08week6

Obi eight one

The Orton love after 1 week is kinda ridiculous

This of course means that we have Caleb Skywalker riding the pine right now.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
BUSTKUNTLAWL, the person who originally made the comment.

Smokey Joe
10-09-2008, 10:02 PM
oh, so you don't think Moore sucks? Damn you 51 and your unclear posts.

VoteLynnSwan
10-10-2008, 02:09 AM
oh, so you don't think Moore sucks? Damn you 51 and your unclear posts.

it was completely clear from the beginning to me... although i always did score really high on my reading comprehension tests...

Smokey Joe
10-10-2008, 06:44 AM
it was completely clear from the beginning to me... although i always did score really high on my reading comprehension tests...
well, I thought BUST as in the player is gonna bust. I never recalled anyone going by BUST. I just figured he said BUST and added his thoughts, whatever.

Gay Ork Wang
10-10-2008, 06:50 AM
yea both seemed possible

bearsfan_51
10-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Unless I refer to myself in the third person, it was pretty clear.

Gay Ork Wang
10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
BUST [he is a bust] [I] saw Moore play against Illinois and [I] determined from there that he was bad and [he] has been on that case [he was bad] ever since.

I understood it that way

dabears10
10-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Well since BUST the poster posted above his post I had it figured out.

Gay Ork Wang
10-10-2008, 02:56 PM
So, yeah, their defense has some serious playmakers at the LB position, but Tommie Harris is the only REAL force on their DL, everyone else just is supposed to take up blockers so Urlacher and Briggs can make plays
I know we did have a pass rush but...LOL

bearsfan_51
10-10-2008, 03:40 PM
iloxygenil's entire comments on our defense are ridiculous. You'd think being
6th in points allowed and one of the top defenses over the past five years would be worth something.

awfullyquiet
10-10-2008, 03:42 PM
iloxygenil's entire comments on our defense are ridiculous. You'd think being
6th in points allowed and one of the top defenses over the past five years would be worth something.

oxy is pretty ridiculous in general. and then after we try telling him. no. the stats and gameplay have spoken for themselves... he comes back and flames us for trying to invoke a proverbial gang-up on him.

really. bears 30, falcons 14.

sweetness34
10-10-2008, 03:45 PM
That's ok, just block Tommie and the other guys will beat the **** out of Matt Ryan. Since they believe he's the only guy on our DL worth anything (oh just wait until they meet Double D and the rest of the gang).

With Jauron the goal of our DT's were to keep them off the LB's, but in the Tampa 2 (or the Chicago 2) the DT's are assigned a gap and they are allowed to go after the QB. Alex Brown, O-Gun, and DD may not be sure fire Pro Bowlers but they are far from just guys who keep OL's off our LB's.

bearsfan_51
10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I think the game will be close, but if it's going to break either way it will be towards us.

I think the game will honestly come down to the 1st quarter. Both teams have started off fast this year, I think if we're ahead in the 1st quarter the game is over.

BeerBaron
10-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I think we've gotta pressure Ryan and force him to make quick decisions. Use the strategy so many have used against us with Rexy against him by hitting him hard early and getting him off balance for the rest of the game. We also just need to stay strong and not allow Turner to run over us.

On offense, I think we just need to avoid turnovers for the most part and play safe. Run the ball early and often and just let our D force Atlanta to make mistakes on offense.

I say 21-13 Bears

awfullyquiet
10-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I think the game will be close, but if it's going to break either way it will be towards us.

I think the game will honestly come down to the 1st quarter. Both teams have started off fast this year, I think if we're ahead in the 1st quarter the game is over.

How many games have we seen get close in the 4th quarter though?

I think it all is about the second half... We couldn't stop Tampa in the 2nd half, Carolina. We need to stop Atlanta now. The defense has to play all 60 minutes.

bearsfan_51
10-11-2008, 11:34 AM
How many games have we seen get close in the 4th quarter though?

I think it all is about the second half... We couldn't stop Tampa in the 2nd half, Carolina. We need to stop Atlanta now. The defense has to play all 60 minutes.
Atlanta isn't going to throw the ball from behind and win. That's not how they win.

And we gave the Bucs that game on a silver platter, they did almost nothing to take it.

Gay Ork Wang
10-11-2008, 01:03 PM
after those threads i hope the bears seriously spank the falcons

regoob2
10-11-2008, 01:12 PM
after those threads i hope the bears seriously spank the falconslol, imagine if we lost. He would have a field day.

bearsfan_51
10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
We can lose and he'd still be wrong.

regoob2
10-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Doesnt mean we wont hear about it.

BeerBaron
10-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Doesnt mean we wont hear about it.

yeah, he seems like the type who would gloat if they won despite everything he was saying...

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM

I've seen him more than that and think he's stiff in coverage.. And he's not going to be some intimidating SS either. Zach Robinson just ran the ball right in his face for a TD.

Good win for your Gophers today.. Brewster is a very good college coach.. Decker beating Vontae Davis early in the game was impressive as well.

regoob2
10-13-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5246

Terrance Metcalf suspended 4 games for roids. lol, how bad would he be without the juice.

BeerBaron
10-13-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5246

Terrance Metcalf suspended 4 games for roids. lol, how bad would he be without the juice.

wow. thats downright terrible......i hope we just cut his ass. what a waste of space.

BeerBaron
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26022

asinine. and he neg reps me, haha.

has gotta be a bears hater or is just plain an idiot....

Monomach
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26022

asinine. and he neg reps me, haha.

has gotta be a bears hater or is just plain an idiot....

Yes, in the same way that Billy Beane's an idiot.

...and you were the first one to play the "BWAHAHAHA I'M GOING TO NEGATIVE REP YOU ON THE INTERNET! TAKE THAT, EVILDOER!" game.

I don't know if your first Bears jersey was an extra small #54 when you were 7 years old so you're unnaturally attached to one aging player or what, but this Bears fan is a realist. We're not winning the Super Bowl before his expiration date. Time to get young.

Smokey Joe
10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes, in the same way that Billy Beane's an idiot.

...and you were the first one to play the "BWAHAHAHA I'M GOING TO NEGATIVE REP YOU ON THE INTERNET! TAKE THAT, EVILDOER!" game.

I don't know if your first Bears jersey was an extra small #54 when you were 7 years old so you're unnaturally attached to one aging player or what, but this Bears fan is a realist. We're not winning the Super Bowl before his expiration date. Time to get young.
no offense dude, but you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

BeerBaron
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
no offense dude, but you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

i concur. that and a hater.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
omg he is actually a bears fan.

bearfan
10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
I agree, Urlacher hasnt been a playmaker like he has in the past. His name just doesnt seem to pop up as much. I just went and looked at the stats (which I know arent always a very good indicator), but he ranks torwards the bottom on tackles, has no sacks or INTs. And thats playing 6 games, some of the guys above him only have 5! Im not hating, Im just saying that maybe his age is getting to him. So I agree with the poster above, we are a couple seasons away (rebuild 1/2 of the OL before the other 1/2 gets old, new safties, help on the DL, Orton has to be QB if we are going to win it all any time soon, Fortes development will help). By that time urlacher will be 32, maybe 33, and I think his age will keep hurting his play.

Monomach
10-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree, Urlacher hasnt been a playmaker like he has in the past. His name just doesnt seem to pop up as much. I just went and looked at the stats (which I know arent always a very good indicator), but he ranks torwards the bottom on tackles, has no sacks or INTs. And thats playing 6 games, some of the guys above him only have 5! Im not hating, Im just saying that maybe his age is getting to him. So I agree with the poster above, we are a couple seasons away (rebuild 1/2 of the OL before the other 1/2 gets old, new safties, help on the DL, Orton has to be QB if we are going to win it all any time soon, Fortes development will help). By that time urlacher will be 32, maybe 33, and I think his age will keep hurting his play.

In fairness, the stats are kind of misleading for Urlacher. He spends a lot of time in coverage and funnels opponents toward Briggs.

Smokey Joe
10-13-2008, 11:19 PM
do you not realize there is a better chance of me getting with Keeley Hazell in the next 48 hours than there is of Urlacher getting traded within the next two years?

bearfan
10-14-2008, 06:29 AM
do you not realize there is a better chance of me getting with Keeley Hazell in the next 48 hours than there is of Urlacher getting traded within the next two years?

Im not saying to trade Urlacher, Im just agreeing with the fact that he is aging, and probably wont be as good by the time we reach the superbowl next.

Smokey Joe
10-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Im not saying to trade Urlacher, Im just agreeing with the fact that he is aging, and probably wont be as good by the time we reach the superbowl next.
my post was in reply to that monomach guy.

regoob2
10-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Regardless of his play we just gave him a huge signing bonus why trade him? Who says Liarunatis (sp) will be better?

awfullyquiet
10-14-2008, 02:33 PM
By that time urlacher will be 32, maybe 33, and I think his age will keep hurting his play.

Two words.

Ray. Lewis.

Smart MLB's are better than Stupid MLB's.

It's not like his legs are going and he's getting slower. It's not like he's concussed like dan morgan. He's still a way above average MLB tandemed with Lance and you have probably a winning combination for 4-5 more years.

BeerBaron
10-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Two words.

Ray. Lewis.

Smart MLB's are better than Stupid MLB's.

It's not like his legs are going and he's getting slower. It's not like he's concussed like dan morgan. He's still a way above average MLB tandemed with Lance and you have probably a winning combination for 4-5 more years.

indeed. and even if Urlacher starts to lose his legs, we can kick him outside, move Briggs inside, and put Jamar Williams (or someone else) in Briggs old spot. We'd work something out.

awfullyquiet
10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
indeed. and even if Urlacher starts to lose his legs, we can kick him outside, move Briggs inside, and put Jamar Williams (or someone else) in Briggs old spot. We'd work something out.

Exactly. He has a knack for analyzing offenses on the field and manages the defense.

regoob2
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Ill take Urlachers speed at 35 over most others at 25.

BeerBaron
10-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Ill take Urlachers speed at 35 over most others at 25.

Exactly. I love Zach Thomas, but if he's still able to find work on a contending football team, Urlacher should damn well be able to.

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 06:51 PM
On nother news...try and give Buening a shot?

BeerBaron
10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
On nother news...try and give Buening a shot?

he needs to actually get activated for a game first

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 07:03 PM
yea thats what i mean like actually give him a shot in a game

BeerBaron
10-14-2008, 07:06 PM
yea thats what i mean like actually give him a shot in a game

well...he didn't have the benefit of TC with this team and will probably get his shot once he shows he knows the playbook well enough. We haven't really been terrible, so i'd rather let him learn than shove him in.

Besides, Chris Williams might get his shot too sooner or later. No reason to have two first time starters (in our offense) learning at the same time on the same side of the line. Probably a bad idea....

regoob2
10-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Buenning should at least be activated after the suspension.

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Buenning should at least be activated after the suspension.
what was he suspended for?

regoob2
10-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Buenning wasnt suspended, it was Metcalf for steroids.

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 07:21 PM
ooooh i thought after the suspension of metcalf was over so i was confused lol

BeerBaron
10-14-2008, 10:39 PM
that is a good point, he should probably be activated to fill Metcalf's spot.....interesting.

Probably still just be a backup though

BeerBaron
10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
from TMQ:

"Stats of the Week No. 7: The Chicago Bears, at 3-3, have held late-fourth-quarter leads in all three of their losses. "

aggghh....i know you could turn it around and say that we didn't deserve the philly game, but if we had just held them leads.........aggghhhhh. could be 5-1 at least......

we need to learn how to close these damn things.

Gay Ork Wang
10-15-2008, 05:01 AM
We have lost all three games with a combined 8 points i believe

awfullyquiet
10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
from TMQ:

"Stats of the Week No. 7: The Chicago Bears, at 3-3, have held late-fourth-quarter leads in all three of their losses. "

aggghh....i know you could turn it around and say that we didn't deserve the philly game, but if we had just held them leads.........aggghhhhh. could be 5-1 at least......

we need to learn how to close these damn things.

The difference between the philly game and all the other ones is that the defense legitimately stopped philly. In all the other games, the defense got lax at the very end.

If our defense bears down. We're 5-1. If our defense couldn't. We'd be 2-4.

Either way, Lovie has to look at this and think. Alright. Now what are we going to do next time in this situation. I have no idea why we weren't playing 3 deep on the last play in atlanta... and then when ryan splits the safeties... i go. well. you ****** deserve it you noob.

oy.

Gay Ork Wang
10-15-2008, 05:27 PM
oh well. lets destroy minnie!

BeerBaron
10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah, Minnie still scares me a bit. I know they barely pulled one out against the Lions, but any team with AP who can also stuff the run pretty well should keep us on our toes.

I think this game could go a long way in deciding the division. Minny has already lost to GB, so if we can beat Minny too, they'll have a tough road ahead of em.

regoob2
10-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, Minnie still scares me a bit. I know they barely pulled one out against the Lions, but any team with AP who can also stuff the run pretty well should keep us on our toes.

I think this game could go a long way in deciding the division. Minny has already lost to GB, so if we can beat Minny too, they'll have a tough road ahead of em.
I agree, we dont match up well with Minnesota. I have a feeling we'll lose.

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2008, 02:34 PM
if we win, its a big win for us. Greenbay next three weeks has the Colts, then a bye and then the Titans. There is a good chance they go 0-2 and that would be great for us

awfullyquiet
10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I agree, we dont match up well with Minnesota. I have a feeling we'll lose.

I don't think we match up terribly.

Offensively? Sure.

But this team isn't the offensive juggernaut that we saw last year. Teams will shade safeties down into the box and their offense plays into our strategies

What doesn't play into our defense is: B^2. I can't even say we'll get half the pressure we did last week. I can't even say we'll get pressure this week. But, if we get any, this games gets shorter. It's all up to our safeties right now to properly contain berrian and at the same time, AP.

The good news is:

I can guess brad childresses offensive calls better than i can ron turners...

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2008, 02:51 PM
well the Lions got pressure on them. We cant be much worse then them...

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Health beat: The Bears are banged up, especially in their secondary. They listed 14 players—more than a quarter of their 53-man roster—on Wednesday’s injury report.

Those who missed practice included wide receivers Marty Booker (back) and Brandon Lloyd (knee), running back Matt Forte (rest), safety Danieal Manning (hamstring) and cornerback Charles Tillman (shoulder).

Nine others were limited: Wide receiver Rashied Davis (knee), cornerbacks Marcus Hamilton (heel) and Trumaine McBride (shoulder), defensive tackles Tommie Harris (knee), Marcus Harrison (ankle) and Israel Idonije (ankle), punter Brad Maynard (hamstring), linebacker Nick Roach (shoulder) and cornerback Nate Vasher (wrist).
Holy mother of god

3 DTs, 5 CBs, 1 Punter, 3 WRs, 1 LB and 1 Beast/RB

regoob2
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Holy mother of god

3 DTs, 5 CBs, 1 Punter, 3 WRs, 1 LB and 1 Beast/RB
Im glad we're playing the vikes with all those CBs hurt and then we got our bye.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Anyone that is already practicing on Wednesday is going to play, even if they are limited. I think the only three we have to really worry about are Lloyd, Tillman, and Manning. Lloyd is nice, but we've done fine without him. Manning is nice for special teams and to play the nickel, but is replaceable. Tillman is the only major concern.

Lots of guys are going to be banged up by midseason, but anyone that can practice is going to play.

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Anyone that is already practicing on Wednesday is going to play, even if they are limited. I think the only three we have to really worry about are Lloyd, Tillman, and Manning. Lloyd is nice, but we've done fine without him. Manning is nice for special teams and to play the nickel, but is replaceable. Tillman is the only major concern.

Lots of guys are going to be banged up by midseason, but anyone that can practice is going to play.
yea, but there is always a concern of getting a worse injury. I think the only bright spot is that Forte is only resting and that Chris Williams/OL is not mentionend.

regoob2
10-16-2008, 05:27 PM
yea, but there is always a concern of getting a worse injury. I think the only bright spot is that Forte is only resting and that Chris Williams/OL is not mentionend.
It depends if there is an actual injury or if there just hurting.

BeerBaron
10-17-2008, 07:39 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1226380,CST-SPT-bear17.article

nice little read on Tommie Harris and our pass rush woes

Bearsfan123
10-17-2008, 09:12 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1226380,CST-SPT-bear17.article

nice little read on Tommie Harris and our pass rush woes

thx for the article. Everyone seemed far too defensive IMO. My first reaction was, "wow they sound like a bunch of old men." As in they sound like they are desperate to protect one another. If he is truly getting healthy, great. If he isnt, then play Idonije.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I've seen him more than that and think he's stiff in coverage.. And he's not going to be some intimidating SS either. Zach Robinson just ran the ball right in his face for a TD.

Good win for your Gophers today.. Brewster is a very good college coach.. Decker beating Vontae Davis early in the game was impressive as well.

William Moore against Texas so far:

He's been knocked back 6 yards by a running back and beat for a TD pass. And his team is getting gashed through the middle of the field.

What exactly does this guy do well?

MidwayMonster31
10-18-2008, 08:18 PM
This looks like an extremely overrated safety class. I thought Moore was a coverage safety.

BeerBaron
10-18-2008, 08:44 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/18/lloyd-manning-out-for-bears/

injury issues in our secondary will probably still be around this week too.....

Lloyd and Manning are out, Tillman and McBride are both questionable with shoulder injuries, Vasher is also questionable with a wrist...

That leaves Graham, Marcus Hamilton and Craig Steltz as our starting corners and nickel back......

Berrian is going to gash us.

Smokey Joe
10-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I think Vasher will play, I heard some stuff about how he could have played last week. Tillman will probably play as well simply due to the fact he is a warrior and will not take himself out. McBride, I don't know.

I'm guessing we will see our regular corners back tomorrow with Graham as the nickle, with Hamilton rotating in. Hopefully Hamilton doesn't suck again.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2008, 08:45 AM
I bet Devin Hester has only around 2 TD returns this year, and everyone is going to say, look at all those guys that are so much better/people figured him out/he was a fluke, disregarding the fact he gives us awesome field position.

Idiots suck

BeerBaron
10-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I bet Devin Hester has only around 2 TD returns this year, and everyone is going to say, look at all those guys that are so much better/people figured him out/he was a fluke, disregarding the fact he gives us awesome field position.

Idiots suck

idiots do suck.

he has done some stupid **** though.....trying to do too much sometimes.

If he can do some decent things as a WR though, maybe it will shut some people up. As long as he's putting some TD's on the board one way or another, I won't complain

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2008, 10:25 AM
well everyone does stupid ****, but he does try to do more sometimes. But i guess he thinks it paid off once and it will again

regoob2
10-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Benson is now the starter for the Bengals. I think he's a good fit.

SFbear
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Unstoppable. Kyle Orton is.

awfullyquiet
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
he has done some stupid **** though.....

Like not putting quad pads on.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 07:44 AM
oh wow Bowman will undergo surgery

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5274

I agree with you that the offensive line deserves a lot more credit than it’s been receiving. With new starters at three of the five positions (including John Tait’s move from left tackle to right tackle), the line was a question mark heading into the season. But the unit has performed exceptionally well, opening holes for running back Matt Forte and protecting quarterback Kyle Orton.Lovie Smith praised the line at his Monday press conference. As a group, Tait, Olin Kreutz, Roberto Garza, John St. Clair and Josh Beekman are as responsible as anyone for the offense's resurgence this season. St. Clair especially has played well at left tackle, filling the void after rookie first-round pick Chris Williams had to undergo back surgery during the preseason.
omfg hahahahahahaha

awfullyquiet
10-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Renji... That's not all bad... I mean. Yes. The offensive line has performed heads and shoulders above what it did last year... and yes, it's been pretty marvelous in pass protection. and yes. it opened more holes this year than it did last year to ced ben... i wouldn't call it exceptional... but surely better.

BeerBaron
10-21-2008, 10:02 AM
man, Bowman didn't last long......

I suppose he helped us get one win, which is more than a lot of late round rookies do. But we are just continuously eating into our secondary depth.....ick.

I hope the bye gets us healthy and rested.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Renji... That's not all bad... I mean. Yes. The offensive line has performed heads and shoulders above what it did last year... and yes, it's been pretty marvelous in pass protection. and yes. it opened more holes this year than it did last year to ced ben... i wouldn't call it exceptional... but surely better.
its not, but i hardly saw any holes for forte, against the vikings the only real one that worked was the toss. I only laughed about the one i bolded.

regoob2
10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Let’s say that Charles Tillman and Nate Vasher are healthy enough to play when the Bears face the Lions after their bye week. With Corey Graham playing so well, who do you think will start at cornerback?
Donald P.
Stephenville, Texas
The Bears believe in playing their best players, so I don’t see Corey Graham coming off the field. He’s performed exceptionally well in place of Nate Vasher the past three games, registering a team-high 33 tackles over that span. Graham has proven to be excellent in run support and has generated one takeaway each of the last two weeks, forcing a fumble against the Falcons and intercepting a pass versus the Vikings. With that being said, Nate Vasher is also an excellent playmaker who deserves to be on the field. If it were up to me (and you should be happy that it isn’t), I would consider moving the big, strong and physical Graham to the nickel back position while putting Vasher on the field opposite Charles Tillman in passing situations.

With Graham playing so well and Vasher lacking would we consider benching Vasher? I'm not sure how I would feel about this.

BeerBaron
10-22-2008, 04:21 PM
i'm not for benching him.....he's just hurt often and so is tillman. its good to know we have some decent depth though.

let vasher earn it back if he's really the better player and is healthy.

Smokey Joe
10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Graham and Tillman are very similar corners, that's exactly why we shouldn't want them both being the starters. We need someone like Vasher who is better vs. the quicker/speedy guys.

Besides, with all the injuries our secondary has had, we should really rotate them. Also, Manning has been surprisingly solid at nickle back, but Graham might be in position to take his spot.

awfullyquiet
10-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Also worth noting.

Kevin Payne is fantastic looking.

BeerBaron
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1237619,CST-SPT-bearnt23.article

we signed Terrance Holt to give us some secondary depth. just a one year veteran minimum, so not a real big deal.

Sucks that we're bad enough off on injuries though that we have to bring in a guy Detroit, Arizona and Carolina didn't want.....

It does say that after the bye, Tillman, Vasher, Graham and Manning should all be ok to go, so hopefully that health will return.

awfullyquiet
10-23-2008, 10:11 AM
It does say that after the bye, Tillman, Vasher, Graham and Manning should all be ok to go, so hopefully that health will return.

And we can make a healthy play off run.

BeerBaron
10-23-2008, 10:52 AM
And we can make a healthy play off run.

well....as opposed to getting healthy for for an 8-8 non-playoff run? lol...

As long as we take care of our divisional games, we should have a good shot at making the playoffs. I think the schedule is pretty favorable as long as we handle those. We get the Lions, Vikes and Packers twice, that could be 4 nice wins as I don't see any of those teams as clearly better than us.

The Titans and Jags will probably be favored over us though....and then the Texans, Rams and Saints should all be pretty winnable.

awfullyquiet
10-23-2008, 11:03 AM
well....as opposed to getting healthy for for an 8-8 non-playoff run? lol...

As long as we take care of our divisional games, we should have a good shot at making the playoffs. I think the schedule is pretty favorable as long as we handle those. We get the Lions, Vikes and Packers twice, that could be 4 nice wins as I don't see any of those teams as clearly better than us.

The Titans and Jags will probably be favored over us though....and then the Texans, Rams and Saints should all be pretty winnable.

Agreed. Anything can happen.

I remember in 2005, everyone was like... mehhhh... we won't go anywhere this year, got 4:1 from a coworker on winning 8 or more games...

MidwayMonster31
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM
The best option is to beat the Packers and win the division.
The wild card should come down to whoever loses out between New York- Washington, Chicago- Green Bay and Carolina- Tampa Bay. And both the Panthers and the Bucs have the tiebreaker over us by beating us.
You know, I just realized that we are 0-3 against the NFC South. Hopefully, we beat New Orleans in December.

Gay Ork Wang
10-25-2008, 06:55 AM
seems like 3 more wins and the franchise is the first one to reach 700 wins for any NFL Team

dabears10
10-26-2008, 11:06 AM
A Bye Week, what do I do today?

bearfan
10-26-2008, 11:44 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/players/11/08/first.person1114/t1_orton.jpg
+
http://www.eorthopod.com/images/ContentImages/hand/hand_anatomy/hand_anatomy_intro01.jpg
=
Bye week activity for all ;)

regoob2
10-26-2008, 11:56 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/players/11/08/first.person1114/t1_orton.jpg
+
http://www.eorthopod.com/images/ContentImages/hand/hand_anatomy/hand_anatomy_intro01.jpg
=
Bye week activity for all ;)
ummmmmmm, One down, two to go. :D

Smokey Joe
10-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm still pissed about how we cut Columbo when we did. Man, he'd look good as our RT right about now.

sweetness34
10-26-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm still pissed about how we cut Columbo when we did. Man, he'd look good as our RT right about now.

It's a crap shoot with a guy who has a knee injury like he did. Hindsight's 20/20 that he ended up being healthy and is playing at a very high level but I thought the team decided that they needed to move on to other options and not wait to see if he would get healthy.

Gay Ork Wang
10-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Soo plsss dont lose to the Lions

Smokey Joe
10-26-2008, 06:07 PM
we should sign Leonard Weaver in the offseason.

BeerBaron
10-26-2008, 06:14 PM
we should sign Leonard Weaver in the offseason.

for as much as we actually use a fullback, i'd rather just draft a good blocking one late and pay him cheap for a few years.

regoob2
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5290

Williams could be ready soon, but the main thing was that Lovie Smith wouldn't comment on Vasher getting his starting job back when he is healthy. Could Vasher move inside to nickel?

BeerBaron
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5290

Williams could be ready soon, but the main thing was that Lovie Smith wouldn't comment on Vasher getting his starting job back when he is healthy. Could Vasher move inside to nickel?

i think thats where he was as a rookie when he got 5 picks over a short span of time iirc......

As long as we have the best 2 on the field in the base package, i'll be happy.

And its good to hear that Williams is getting healthy. Maybe we could use him at LT and let St. Clair replace Tait whos been struggling at RT. I'd really like to see Williams play at least some this year

awfullyquiet
10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
i think thats where he was as a rookie when he got 5 picks over a short span of time iirc......

As long as we have the best 2 on the field in the base package, i'll be happy.

And its good to hear that Williams is getting healthy. Maybe we could use him at LT and let St. Clair replace Tait whos been struggling at RT. I'd really like to see Williams play at least some this year

I also wouldn't rush williams back yet. ****. Money. Dollah dollah bill yall.

BeerBaron
10-27-2008, 06:26 PM
I also wouldn't rush williams back yet. ****. Money. Dollah dollah bill yall.

no, i'm not saying rush him, but when he can play, i think we should try and work him in somehow

regoob2
10-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I think he's healthy, he's just to inexperienced still. He should get a few series' against the Lions.

bearfan
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
I know its blaphemy to talk like this, but I was thinking about the possibility of trading Urlacher. Yes he is the face of the franchise, but he seems to be on a decline. Why not trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder while his value is high, and draft a young guy to take over.

We've seen over the past few years young MLBs being drafted and producing: Lofton ATL, Demeco Ryans, Harris NYJ. Current leaders in tackles (top30) include Dquell Jackson (RD2), Kirk Morrison (RD3), Paul Puz (rd2), Rocky McIntosh (rd2), Channing Crowder.

I know its kind of outlandish, but I think it could end up paying off.

regoob2
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I know its blaphemy to talk like this, but I was thinking about the possibility of trading Urlacher. Yes he is the face of the franchise, but he seems to be on a decline. Why not trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder while his value is high, and draft a young guy to take over.

We've seen over the past few years young MLBs being drafted and producing: Lofton ATL, Demeco Ryans, Harris NYJ. Current leaders in tackles (top30) include Dquell Jackson (RD2), Kirk Morrison (RD3), Paul Puz (rd2), Rocky McIntosh (rd2), Channing Crowder.

We just resigned him for a lot more. There is no way we could get someone who plays any where near Urlachers level.

BeerBaron
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM

nah. this was previously discussed after some nut shot in from left field spewing it.

The guys a leader on the team and is very well respected by his fellow players. That defense is one you don't mess with....remember when the team was trying to hand the starting RB job to Benson while Jones was still around? They went out of their way to hurt our own player.....

Plus, even if he's losing his speed or edge or whatever, with his leadership and his vision on the field, we can slide him outside to Hillenmeyer's spot, move Briggs inside, and play Jamar Williams in Briggs spot.

He's valuable to us in a lot of ways other than simply being fast.

Gay Ork Wang
10-28-2008, 10:12 AM
He is smart too. I mean you dont take that guy and trade him unless he wants to be traded

shady00
10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I can't see the Bears trading a franchise linebacker to rebuild, especially with the current weakness of our division we want to win now.

Smokey Joe
10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
If Williams returns, there is no need to mess with St. Clair at LT, but rather replace Tait at RT.

Million dollar question, who got older faster? John Tait or the 2007 Chicago White Sox middle of the order?

BeerBaron
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
If Williams returns, there is no need to mess with St. Clair at LT, but rather replace Tait at RT.

Million dollar question, who got older faster? John Tait or the 2007 Chicago White Sox middle of the order?

Tait blows.....its too bad that Williams isn't an overpowering mauler or he'd be perfect for our RT. He's more of a finesse player that would be better on the left side against speed rusher where agility is nicer to have....

I kind of wish we could put in Williams if we knew he could handle it right away and slide St. Clair over to RT.

Or hey, maybe we could resign Sieve Miller

awfullyquiet
10-29-2008, 09:41 AM

2007 White Sox. Clearly.

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2008, 02:36 PM
yay a Forte sig!

BeerBaron
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM
yay a Forte sig!

now in a few weeks when you have a different sig, you post wont make sense, lol