Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2008, 05:08 PM
now in a few weeks when you have a different sig, you post wont make sense, lol
dont u dare, i had my kruger one forever

BeerBaron
10-29-2008, 05:10 PM
dont u dare, i had my kruger one forever

I've had mine.....quite literally since I joined the boards, lol. It's my own personal billboard

regoob2
10-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I've had mine.....quite literally since I joined the boards, lol. It's my own personal billboard
I had my avitar forever too. I just likely got a non draft sig.

BeerBaron
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
" Brett Favre’s 12 INT first half sets stage for heroic 13 TD comeback

Brett Favre’s critics were fed a massive helping a humble pie on Sunday when the heroic quarterback dug a hole so big with horrible interception after horrible interception that only Brett Favre himself could dig out of it.
“I have been around football a pretty long time,” said Jets head coach Eric Mangini. “And a few of those throws were the worst decisions I have ever seen a quarterback make. But at the same time I thought: ‘Only Brett Favre can save us now.’”
But with his quarterback’s legacy restored, Mangini hopes next week’s game will be a bit less dramatic.
“You know what would be neat? A one TD, no interception game,” he said. “That would be really awesome and much appreciated. It would be neat if he would just go out and execute the gameplan. I bet that would really shut up his critics.”
"

gotta love sportspickle, lol

Gay Ork Wang
10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Dan Pompeii of the Chicago Tribune notes that Bears quarterback Kyle Orton has a 144.7 passer rating in the no-huddle offense this season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-081028-no-huddle-offense-chicago-bears-pompei,0,3279052.column

:OOO

SFbear
10-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Dan Pompeii of the Chicago Tribune notes that Bears quarterback Kyle Orton has a 144.7 passer rating in the no-huddle offense this season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-081028-no-huddle-offense-chicago-bears-pompei,0,3279052.column

:OOO

The fact that we usually use the two TE formation for the no-huddle could also explain its effectiveness. We've been pretty deadly with Clark and Olsen on the field at the same time. Especially since McKie is pretty much useless.

I had been thinking that the use of no-huddle could be why our D has been tiring out and giving up leads at the end of the game but the article says we only use it about 20% of the time.

bearfan
10-31-2008, 06:27 AM
The fact that we usually use the two TE formation for the no-huddle could also explain its effectiveness. We've been pretty deadly with Clark and Olsen on the field at the same time. Especially since McKie is pretty much useless.

I had been thinking that the use of no-huddle could be why our D has been tiring out and giving up leads at the end of the game but the article says we only use it about 20% of the time.

Our no huddle? No way, 20% is not that much. Usually when we use it too, it still takes 2-3 minutes off the clock if effective.

awfullyquiet
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Our no huddle? No way, 20% is not that much. Usually when we use it too, it still takes 2-3 minutes off the clock if effective.

i'd imagine we'd go 30 minutes of no huddle vs the lions this week.
hot dog.

shady00
10-31-2008, 03:37 PM
The no huddle combined with direct snaps to Hester is going to cause mass chaos to opposing defenses. I bet we pull it out Sunday.

Gay Ork Wang
10-31-2008, 03:40 PM
i want to see the bears long snap it to hester and just let him return one lol

BeerBaron
11-01-2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/01/packers-cut-kabeer-gbaja-biamila/

So the Packers cut Kabeer.

I kind of wonder if he'd be worth a look at all....looks like he was cut to clear a roster spot for Justin Harrell to come off of their PUP list.

If he'd be willing to sign for a vet minimum or something little, perhaps we should kick his tires a bit.

We really need to get some outside pass rush going somehow and its not like many franchise career sack leaders just drop out of the sky. Hopefully he has some gas in the tank if we did look....who knows. No one thought Jevon Kearse had anything left in the tank and he's contributing well for the Titans this year. Maybe we could get a rental in Kabeer and get a little pass rush help...idk.

Gay Ork Wang
11-01-2008, 12:40 PM
yea, he could get extra motivation against the packers, but i doubt we take a look. Who would we cut? I just dont see the Bears admit that their DL is not that good. They are talking about a down state and think it might be over soon

BeerBaron
11-01-2008, 12:42 PM
yea, he could get extra motivation against the packers, but i doubt we take a look. Who would we cut? I just dont see the Bears admit that their DL is not that good. They are talking about a down state and think it might be over soon

defensive coach not willing to admit part of his defense is struggling.....what else is new.

If we fail out this season and miss the playoffs, lose the division, this will be a reason why.

k0ng
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Was looking at some of the mock drafts and noticed the Suggs signing in a few of them. Do you guys think he could play DE for us and MOST importantly can we afford him? It would definitely give us some wiggle room in the draft.

Smokey Joe
11-02-2008, 10:44 AM
he could play DE for us, but we couldn't afford him.

BeerBaron
11-02-2008, 11:28 AM
ya, i posted a few weeks ago that he could easily play DE for us as he's listed on nfl.com as being the same size as Wale....so size wouldn't be the issue.

Theres just no way we go after him....

Smokey Joe
11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
word on the street is anywhere from no time missed to being out for a month.

BeerBaron
11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
word on the street is anywhere from no time missed to being out for a month.

indeed. I suppose we can deal with Rexy for the short term.....

unless the coaching staff really loves Hanie, we'll probably be in the market for a veteran backup if Orton is out for any more than a week. Chad Hutchinson anyone? ;)

Smokey Joe
11-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I think the coaching staff does really love Hanie and has no plans on wasting roster space for a 3rd string QB who will be gone once Orton returns.

BeerBaron
11-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I think the coaching staff does really love Hanie and has no plans on wasting roster space for a 3rd string QB who will be gone once Orton returns.

we've done weirder i think....remember Jeff Blake?

I think it depends on how long Orton will be out.

dabears10
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3678734

ESPN Michael Smith reports 1 month out for Orton.

TitleTown088
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM

yay, I get to see Sexy Rexy bomb it up at lambeau in a couple weeks.

Mike Brown hurt too, aye? Who would have thought?

Also, isn't Rexy Sweetneess's fav player?

bearsfan_51
11-02-2008, 07:17 PM
That sucks. I have no enthusiasm to ever seen Grossman play again. I think we'll be very lucky to split the next 4 games.

BeerBaron
11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
A month of Rexy.....ugh. The Titans game was probably a loss anyway with the way our defense has been playing, but now we've taken a pretty big hit in the rest too imo.

Gonna be tough but hopefully we can tread water and just stay ahead of Minny and GB for the division until we get KO back.

blkwdw13
11-02-2008, 07:54 PM

This is just speculation since he hasn't even had an MRI yet and the Bears have said they won't comment until tomorrow after he has had an MRI.

BeerBaron
11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-081102-kyle-orton-ankle-sprain-bears,0,1637457.story

Saying its a high ankle sprain minus the MRI yet.

Heres what I'm hoping happens. This is really good case scenario in my opinion.

Grossman comes in and plays.....alright. Well enough that some other teams may be interested in him during the offseason so we don't have to worry about him ever coming back. Our next 4 games are the Titans, Packers, Rams and Vikings. I'm hoping we can go at least 2-2 in that stretch with the Titans game likely a loss and hopefully the Rams and Vikings both wins. Packers could go either way depending on how our defense acts and how ****** Rex plays.

I'm really hoping that Lovie does the "It's Kyle's job and he'll get it back when he comes back" thing that he did those years Rexy was always getting hurt. Then when KO is healthy, he gets his job back with us hopefully having treaded water well enough to stay in contention for the division.

Now, if all 4 of those opponents really show up to play, our defense plays like ****, and Rexy is the "**** it, I'm going deep" Rexy of old, we could easily drop all 4 of those games which would be absolutely terrible. Like....could cost people like Lovie their jobs terrible.

Now, Rexy is playing for a payday in the offseason. He'll be a FA again iirc, and i'm hoping he protects the football more than in years past and just does enough to keep us from losing. We'll need big showings by Forte and we really need the defense to step up.

But I feel if we can go 2-2 in the next 4 games and get KO back healthy, we'll be in good shape for the end of the season.

bearfan
11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
you beat me to it, here is some more, from my fantasy team on NFL.com

Kyle Orton, QB CHI
News: Bears QB Kyle Orton has a high right ankle sprain, a source told the Chicago Tribune on Sunday, likely knocking him out of action for a month. Orton suffered the injury late in the second quarter when a Lions defender tackled him and his leg seemed to bend the wrong way. He had to be carted off the field. He finished 8-of-14 passing for 108 yards and also ran for a five-yard touchdown. An MRI to determine further extent of the injury is scheduled for Monday.
Analysis: Orton had just begun to emerge as a No. 1 Fantasy QB, throwing multiple touchdowns in four of his last five games. Obviously, this injury comes at the worst possible time for his Fantasy owners, and it sounds serious. Don't expect to have him available for several weeks. While Rex Grossman will replace him in the Bears' offense, other options like Sage Rosenfels and Tyler Thigpen might be better choices off the waiver wire since Grossman has a long history of being turnover prone, which cost him the Bears' quarterbacking job in the first place. The Bears will host the Titans in Week 10 -- expect Orton to be inactive for that game.

shady00
11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Don't forget Rex has had a lot of good games in his career. We got to a super bowl with him, so he obviously has the potential get us W's.

He didn't look bad today; if he was bad we wouldn't have left with a win. Like he said post-game, he practiced as Dan Orvlovsky all week, so he came in today's game very unprepared and still managed to be efficient. Working with the offense through practice now, I think he'll give us pretty good performances and will surprise a lot of critics.

I'm confident in Rex for our next month or longer and I wouldn't expect us to add another quarterback through a trade or free agency.

BeerBaron
11-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Don't forget Rex has had a lot of good games in his career. We got to a super bowl with him, so he obviously has the potential get us W's.

He didn't look bad today; if he was bad we wouldn't have left with a win. Like he said post-game, he practiced as Dan Orvlovsky all week, so he came in today's game very unprepared and still managed to be efficient. Working with the offense through practice now, I think he'll give us pretty good performances and will surprise a lot of critics.

I'm confident in Rex for our next month or longer and I wouldn't expect us to add another quarterback through a trade or free agency.

Well, trade is kind of out and people keep telling me the coaching staff is confident in Hanie as the backup, so prolly won't sign a vet to back up Rex.

I think Rex just needs to not **** up all the time. We don't necessarily need his godly Rex games, but we do need to avoid his 0.0 QB rating Rex games....

I felt like the Titans game was beyond us a little anyway even with Orton in there, I just hope he doesn't embarrass himself and destroy his confidence. We need him for probably the next 4 games, he just needs to not be terrible Rex and we need to run the ball. We do those, we can slip through this treading water and still in the race for our division.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 06:25 AM
i hope, what we have seen from Rex yesterday was just due to the fact that he was unprepared

awfullyquiet
11-03-2008, 09:18 AM
now that i'm back.

let me say this:

watch what happens, it'd be just everyones luck, the man at the 'root' of all chicago's offensive problems, the pariah... comes back, cleans house in the air against the titans, and chicago is back in love with grossman.

i would just find that hilarious.

that said. grossman didn't look terrible, for not starting a meaningful game in over a year.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 09:20 AM
now that i'm back.

let me say this:

watch what happens, it'd be just everyones luck, the man at the 'root' of all chicago's offensive problems, the pariah... comes back, cleans house in the air against the titans, and chicago is back in love with grossman.

that said. grossman didn't look terrible, for not starting a meaningful game in over a year.
didnt he start the Redskins game?

But meh, i dont think he did horrible but he only had like 3 good throws.

The one to Hester on the side, the TD throw and the one to Rashied Davis i think on the in

BeerBaron
11-03-2008, 09:30 AM
now that i'm back.

let me say this:

No no and no. Lovie needs to come out and do his "It's Kyle's job when he comes back" just like he did with Rexy during Kyle's 15 start rookie year.

Orton was playing the best QB over those couple games of any QB we've had in my lifetime. That doesn't say a whole lot, but it says something to the fact that he's worth waiting on and keeping pegged as starter. He was seriously looking like he could make a run at being a pro bowler in the NFC if he kept it up and the Bears kept winning.

Just say no to Rexy, no matter what happens. Like I said above, hopefully he realizes that he's playing for money with another team after this season and hopefully that makes him play competent football. No crazy risky turnover BS.

Everyone needs to remember that this is Rex ******* Grossman and even though he could come in and wow and couple of games, he has the same damn chance of coming out and putting up a 0.0 QB rating.

We just have to hope we get a string of at least average games from him in a row to keep us afloat in the division until Orton returns.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 09:36 AM
actually, yes id like to see us win, but Orton should keep the job fo shoe

awfullyquiet
11-03-2008, 09:43 AM
beer. i'd agree. don't get me wrong. i don't want grossman to be 'our qb'. i want ko to be. but. god. it'd be satisfying to watch **** it i'm going deep play well and have a great game against the titans...

the man would be payed up then. which makes me happy.

anyway. what about jim miller? he played pretty darn well that 13-3 year.

Bearsfan123
11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
My keys for the Bears to stay afloat and get wins.

1-Run effectively- Forte has to be a huge contributor for us to win. We had gotten away from him under KO (which wasnt too regrettable thanks to ws) but under Grossman it should be back to getting off the bus running. Kevin Jones needs more time on the field. How many carries does he have this year? 7? Lovie get your head outta your behind and start spelling your back. We all saw how a refreshed Forte can run, now lets keep him fresh by spelling him since the next rest he will have will either be the playoff bye week or the offseason.

2. Backs in passing game- The backs need to be catching the ball on short routes to help keep us out of long yardage situations. Again under KO the last couple games we seemed to get away from it, but we need Forte, McKie, and our other backs to be working that short game (screens included).

3. Defense- Pass rush. Nothing else needs to be said.

4. Game manager Rexy- The guy we saw at the end of last year. A non-**** it im going deep Rexy but the ill take care of the ball and get wins one.

5. Game calls- They have to change. KO isnt leading this team, you have to call the game working with the offense we have on the field. Run, and play action off it. This is Turner's audition for his job. If he can make the offense run smoothly without Orton, then he might be able to keep his job. If he doesnt adjust the season will go down the tubes.

6. Leaders- Kreutz, Urlacher, KO and Mike Brown from the sideline, be leaders. Help calm the team and keep them together. Help out the guys that are on the field. Be cheerleaders, and dont be afraid to get in the other guys faces. Which leads to..

7. Pride- Show some. Show some pride and give maximum effort. No more excuses for the D, and Rex here is your chance to show you deserve some money.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
how serious is Brown injured?

BeerBaron
11-03-2008, 04:22 PM
beer. i'd agree. don't get me wrong. i don't want grossman to be 'our qb'. i want ko to be. but. god. it'd be satisfying to watch **** it i'm going deep play well and have a great game against the titans...

the man would be payed up then. which makes me happy.

anyway. what about jim miller? he played pretty darn well that 13-3 year.

I thought about Miller for a second when I said that but iirc, his QB rating was still only in the upper 70s or low 80s.

Plus Mike Brown was our beast that year. Two straight games with INT returns for TDs in OT or however that was? badass.

And I haven't heard anything more on the Brown injury. Heard it was a calf, so hopefully just a strain or something.

Monomach
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Man.

How low is the bar set that people keep saying Grossman looked fine?

He averaged 3 yards per attempt. That's crappy if you're rushing, let alone passing. He had a 50 rating and kept getting balls batted back into his face. He missed a bunch of throws by anywhere from 3-10 yards.

I know homerism demands it (even I want to), but don't sugarcoat it, folks. It's not doing anyone any favors. Rex looked like some guy off the street against the worst team in football. He didn't look rusty. He looked like someone who had never taken a pro snap.

Rex Grossman + the number 30 ranked pass defense (yes, Dan freaking Orlovsky knocked us down two spots) means we're headed for a good draft pick. I think we're going to be looking at Top 15 territory. We may get a choice between one of the best DEs available or even a FS if that doesn't shake out by the end of the year.

BeerBaron
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Man.

He averaged 3 yards per attempt. That's crappy if you're rushing, let alone passing. He had a 50 rating and kept getting balls batted back into his face. He missed a bunch of throws by anywhere from 3-10 yards.

I know homerism demands it (even I want to), but don't sugarcoat it, folks. It's not doing anyone any favors. Rex looked like some guy off the street against the worst team in football. He didn't look rusty. He looked like someone who had never taken a pro snap.

Rex Grossman + the number 30 ranked pass defense (yes, Dan freaking Orlovsky knocked us down two spots) means we're headed for a good draft pick. I think we're going to be looking at Top 15 territory. We may get a choice between one of the best DEs available or even a FS if that doesn't shake out by the end of the year.

Look, we've got the Titans, the Rams, the Packers and the Vikes coming up in the 4 games Orton is likely to miss. I was hoping for 3-1 with Orton and now my expectations have been tempered a bit to 2-2 with Grossman. I think thats still doable as the Rams have cooled off after a hot start with Haslett taking over and the Vikings still not having much at QB.

0-4 is def possible with Grossman....I really hope it doesn't happen, as that could be a big hit to Lovie and others even keeping their jobs.......but I still think 2-2 is doable.

shady00
11-04-2008, 02:20 AM
If we just focus on their backs, we have a good shot.

SFbear
11-04-2008, 02:55 AM
As a fantasy owner of the Tennessee Titan's defense this game looks like it could be a hilarious smorgasbord of sacks and turnovers. As a Bears fan this game will probably feel like being punched in the face continuously for four quarters. How very bittersweet.

We can still win. It just won't be pretty.

Gay Ork Wang
11-04-2008, 06:46 AM
umm, i hope if we go 0-2 with grossman playing horrible we start Caleb Hanie

dabears10
11-04-2008, 09:54 AM
umm, i hope if we go 0-2 with grossman playing horrible we start Caleb Hanie

I think best scenario, Grossman gets hurt in the first quarter and Caleb Hanie dominates for 300 yards and 3 TD's leading the bears over the titans.

BeerBaron
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I think best scenario, Grossman gets hurt in the first quarter and Caleb Hanie dominates for 300 yards and 3 TD's leading the bears over the titans.

Then the next day, the world comes to an end.

Gay Ork Wang
11-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Then the next day, the world comes to an end.
hey, but we won

regoob2
11-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Man.

Pretty damn low, It's Rex Grossman. He played well because he brought us from behind to win the game.

blkwdw13
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-081102-kyle-orton-ankle-sprain-bears,0,1637457.story

Saying its a high ankle sprain minus the MRI yet.

I told you it was speculation until the actual results came out.

"BY BRAD BIGGS bbiggs@suntimes.com

Just as quarterback Kyle Orton's development has been a terrific discovery for the Bears, so appears to be news regarding his health.

Reports that Orton will be out at least a month with a right ankle injury have been exaggerated. A source said Orton doesn't have a high ankle sprain and won't miss four weeks or more, and the team is waiting to see how his ankle responds before getting a better idea about what's expected to be a shorter recovery time."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1258196,CST-SPT-bear04.article

BeerBaron
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I told you it was speculation until the actual results came out.

"BY BRAD BIGGS bbiggs@suntimes.com

Just as quarterback Kyle Orton's development has been a terrific discovery for the Bears, so appears to be news regarding his health.

Reports that Orton will be out at least a month with a right ankle injury have been exaggerated. A source said Orton doesn't have a high ankle sprain and won't miss four weeks or more, and the team is waiting to see how his ankle responds before getting a better idea about what's expected to be a shorter recovery time."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1258196,CST-SPT-bear04.article

Well, actual news that says it could be a shorter time is even better. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, etc etc.

shady00
11-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher said he was frustrated by the reaction QB Rex Grossman got from the fans when he replaced QB Kyle Orton (ankle) in Week 9. "We've got a quarterback who comes in off the bench and leads us to a victory, and they boo him right out of the gate. Poor guy. Lucky for him he's resilient and he came back and led us to two scoring drives. But man, it's tough," Urlacher said.
Agreed. I hate when our fans boo Grossman just because it's become a conformity to hate on him. Give the guy confidence and hope for the best from him. I'm glad Brian spoke up for him.

bearfan
11-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Agreed. I hate when our fans boo Grossman just because it's become a conformity to hate on him. Give the guy confidence and hope for the best from him. I'm glad Brian spoke up for him.

I was yelling "NOOOO" when he came in lol. Half because Orton was hurt, and half because we had 5 years of him, and I know that if he does ANYTHING good that people will be back onto his sack.

He helped us win the game, but Forte and the Offensive line should get more credit than Rex does.

Gay Ork Wang
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM
sweeeet, he is Questionable.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c3dede

He says he might play

shady00
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM

He says he might play

What a trooper. Romo could learn a thing or 2 from him. Thanks for the update

regoob2
11-05-2008, 06:30 PM

He says he might play
I dont know about this I dont want him to get hurt even more. He's looking like a franchise QB.

BeerBaron
11-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I dont know about this I dont want him to get hurt even more. He's looking like a franchise QB.

Aye. And this is the Titans which may be a loss even with a fully healthy Orton.

I'd rather give Rexy a game, let KO get fully healthy and be ready for the upcoming division games with GB and Minny.

regoob2
11-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Aye. And this is the Titans which may be a loss even with a fully healthy Orton.

I'd rather give Rexy a game, let KO get fully healthy and be ready for the upcoming division games with GB and Minny.That's exactly what I was thinking.

regoob2
11-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Brandon Lloyd is practicing with no limitations so that's a good thing.

awfullyquiet
11-05-2008, 11:52 PM

Lovie won't do it. He's the conservative one.

TitanHope
11-06-2008, 03:26 AM
Orton should not play Sunday. I say this out of fear for him and his future, and not as a bragging right.

The Titans DL will rape him. They've put out Brodie Croyle for the year, and Damon Huard for the year. They helped bang up Carson Palmer. They forced Matt Schaub out of the game (Schaub is Haynesworth's beyatch, btw). They bloodied up Gus Frerrote too. And that's just in 8 games pertaining to just QB's.

If the QB isn't mobile to a certain extent, he is gone. Grossman would finish the game, and Orton will have gotten hurt even worse. Unless Orton is 100%, Grossman is the better matchup against the Titans.

Smokey Joe
11-06-2008, 09:06 AM
From everything I have heard and seen, it's an ankle sprain. Sure it will be weakened, but if he feels healthy enough to play, he should play, plain and simple. Football isn't an easy sport, you're gonna have to play over injuries some times.

Gay Ork Wang
11-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Orton is doubtful, Peanut is questionable

BeerBaron
11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Let Orton sit vs. the team we were unlikely to beat anyway....let him make sure he's damn ready for at least the Packers and Vikings coming up in a few weeks.

Monomach
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM

What Urlacher said reminds me soooooo much of the fans that claim Rex "led" us to a Super Bowl. Rex rode the defense to the Super Bowl despite his best efforts to give away a good portion of the games, just like he rode Matt Forte to a win over the Lions while playing like crap.

Before Rex it never occurred to Bears fans to put on blinders and pretend that the QB IS the team, ignoring his actual performance in favor of the team's collective W-L record. Never in the history of the NFL has a player banked three years of goodwill in one five game stretch the way he has. If you read the Bears official team forum, there are STILL people saying that Orton sucks and Rex should be the starter.

It's one of my huge pet peeves and it sucks to see Urlacher buying into it like one of the Gators fanboys. People get so blinded over their personal love of one player that I want to throw up. It's the same thing that made Kenny Williams trade for Ken Griffey's hundred year-old wrinkled butt.

If a player goes on the field and looks like he couldn't hack it in the Arena league, BOO HIM. Boo him until he cries and calls his mother for support. Boo him until he stands shivering in a pool of his own urine. He earned it by wasting the money you spend on tickets and branded merchandise. Players work for you and deserve your feedback, good or bad. If they can't handle something as weak as people booing, they should be selling insurance or greeting people at a Wal-Mart, because they don't have the spine/balls/drive to be a pro player (see 90% of former Longhorns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3597268)). Orton got booed plenty in 2005. He never wussed out. He's confident because he's a man out there.

Monomach
11-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Let Orton sit vs. the team we were unlikely to beat anyway....let him make sure he's damn ready for at least the Packers and Vikings coming up in a few weeks.

Yes, definitely. No need to take a 2-4 week injury and aggravate it into a 8-10 week one. We have two less valuable guys who can serve as Tennessee's pass-rush punching bag.

Gay Ork Wang
11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Yes, definitely. No need to take a 2-4 week injury and aggravate it into a 8-10 week one. We have two less valuable guys who can serve as Tennessee's pass-rush punching bag.
Blasphemy!!!! Calebzzzz = the future

but i have to disagree with you. because what Urlacher said is what u have to say. He obviously is a nice competitive guy who at least tries. Obviously if sucks like he did a couple of years ago, u can start him too. But give him a chance. What was Brian supposed to say? Hey our backup QB sucks, we gotta get Orton back asap cause Rex cant to anything? No, that would just mess up the chemistry. Let Grossman play, maybe we say a lil of Good Rex and back to Kyle Orton

BeerBaron
11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, I'm liking our odds a little more after this:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/08/titans-bulluck-vanden-bosch-game-time-decisions/

Bullock and Vanden Bosch are both game time decisions.

Btw, I'm watching Penn State today, and I've got to say, it feels very, very strange rooting for a team who can actually pressure the opposing QB with just their front 4. I'm in amazement of this ability. Why don't the Bears try that?

Gay Ork Wang
11-08-2008, 05:02 PM
they try and fail. thats the difference

Monomach
11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Anyone watching LSU/Bama? I have the biggest man crush on Andre Smith.

Too bad he'll be gone long before we pick.

BeerBaron
11-08-2008, 05:44 PM
they try and fail. thats the difference

they try and epic fail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/epic_fail.jpg

smittyjs
11-08-2008, 05:54 PM
What Urlacher said reminds me soooooo much of the fans that claim Rex "led" us to a Super Bowl. Rex rode the defense to the Super Bowl despite his best efforts to give away a good portion of the games, just like he rode Matt Forte to a win over the Lions while playing like crap.

Before Rex it never occurred to Bears fans to put on blinders and pretend that the QB IS the team, ignoring his actual performance in favor of the team's collective W-L record. Never in the history of the NFL has a player banked three years of goodwill in one five game stretch the way he has. If you read the Bears official team forum, there are STILL people saying that Orton sucks and Rex should be the starter.

It's one of my huge pet peeves and it sucks to see Urlacher buying into it like one of the Gators fanboys. People get so blinded over their personal love of one player that I want to throw up. It's the same thing that made Kenny Williams trade for Ken Griffey's hundred year-old wrinkled butt.

If a player goes on the field and looks like he couldn't hack it in the Arena league, BOO HIM. Boo him until he cries and calls his mother for support. Boo him until he stands shivering in a pool of his own urine. He earned it by wasting the money you spend on tickets and branded merchandise. Players work for you and deserve your feedback, good or bad. If they can't handle something as weak as people booing, they should be selling insurance or greeting people at a Wal-Mart, because they don't have the spine/balls/drive to be a pro player (see 90% of former Longhorns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3597268)). Orton got booed plenty in 2005. He never wussed out. He's confident because he's a man out there.
Booing the QB isn't helping the team win, so i see no point in booing your players, unleast you want the other team to win, but i care what bear fans do this week, if they boo it will help us out.

regoob2
11-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm glad to hear this.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5335

We heard a lot of positive things about rookie wide receiver Earl Bennett during training camp and the preseason. Why have we not seen him on the field this season?
Frank K.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
We feel real good about Earl. He’s done a real good job and I think he’s ready to go. We have other receivers that are in front of him and because they have more experience they’re the ones who are playing. In terms of what we see from Earl every day in practice and what we saw in the preseason, we’re very optimistic about his future here.

regoob2
11-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Vasher is playing the nickel and Mark Anderson is playing LE on 3rd down, I dont think ive ever seen him play LE.

Gay Ork Wang
11-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I never want to see Grossman ever throw a pass in a Bears Jersey ever again

shady00
11-09-2008, 03:02 PM
How we stayed in this game with that type of field position I have no idea. We were one first down away from getting in position to tie it up, and we failed. Then we're one defensive stop away from getting the ball back with 2 minutes; we failed. Too frustrating.

k0ng
11-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow Rex has absolutely no idea what he's seeing. 8 in the box with the safety just off tackle. They weren't even disguising it. Snaps the ball...loss of 4 yards. That audible on 2nd and 1 on our last possession was just absolutely moronic. Rex looked really bad today outside of 1 or 2 drives.

Oh and someone please tell me why we were playing the Run on the Titans last 3rd down conversion. I thought it was pretty obvious some sort of pass play was coming. Most likely the last play before the two minute warning on a 3rd and 6. Doesn't get anymore obvious...jebus.

BeerBaron
11-09-2008, 03:20 PM
All I can say is that I hope Orton feels better.

Forte and Olsen are gods, and we need our offense to do things because our pass rush is ******* terrible.

Lets beat teh Packers and establish ourselves atop the division next week.

Gay Ork Wang
11-09-2008, 03:21 PM
All I can say is that I hope Orton feels better and I hope the Rams are just as terrible next week as this week.

Forte and Olsen are gods, and we need our offense to do things because our pass rush is ******* terrible.
we play the packers next week

BeerBaron
11-09-2008, 03:21 PM
we play the packers next week

aye, just fixed it....got the order mixed up. Wish it was the Rams.......

Gay Ork Wang
11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
i seriously hope we see Orton next week

Smokey Joe
11-09-2008, 03:48 PM
we woulda won today with Orton, IMO. Our line did very well vs a tough Tennessee front 7 today.

Grossman just sucks.

regoob2
11-09-2008, 03:59 PM
we woulda won today with Orton, IMO. Our line did very well vs a tough Tennessee front 7 today.

Grossman just sucks.
I think we would have too. I hope Grossman can get us past the Rams.

Smokey Joe
11-09-2008, 04:06 PM
It's the Packers next week, and I'm hoping we see Orton back.

Gay Ork Wang
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
at least they arent going to run all over us. I think we can get some pressure. If i think about it, against that though though line we did at least okay

regoob2
11-09-2008, 05:01 PM
It's the Packers next week, and I'm hoping we see Orton back.
Forgot about them, I think they'll beat us.

Gay Ork Wang
11-09-2008, 05:31 PM
THe Packers really suck, if orton is in we win

BeerBaron
11-09-2008, 06:00 PM
THe Packers really suck, if orton is in we win

ya, the packers and vikings were each like....trying to lose today it looked like. had it on on teh side......icky.

we should be able to beat them with a healthy orton.

Smokey Joe
11-09-2008, 07:01 PM
If Orton can come back and play like he was before the injury, I'll be very confident in our chances.

Besides, I think the D played pretty damn well today, and if they play how they did today for the rest of the season, we're in good shape. It seemed like for the whole 2nd and 3rd quarters, and most of the 4th, our D was always on the field. I think fatigue is the main reason why Carolina got their last TD.

Plus, we must not forget our D was facing a top tier OLine. We won't be seeing too many lines as good as the Titans. I think we will be able to get more pass rush vs. the pack.

dabears10
11-09-2008, 07:08 PM
If Orton can come back and play like he was before the injury, I'll be very confident in our chances.

Besides, I think the D played pretty damn well today, and if they play how they did today for the rest of the season, we're in good shape. It seemed like for the whole 2nd and 3rd quarters, and most of the 4th, our D was always on the field. I think fatigue is the main reason why Carolina got their last TD.

Plus, we must not forget our D was facing a top tier OLine. We won't be seeing too many lines as good as the Titans. I think we will be able to get more pass rush vs. the pack.

We weren't really getting pressure on the lions, what makes you think we can against the Pack?

Our Run D played well, but anytime Kerry Collins wanted to go 10-15 yards down the field he could. I should look up the stat on how many third and longs the titans completed.

regoob2
11-09-2008, 07:50 PM
The Packers are a pass first team though and they have great OTs. We have no chance of sniffing Rodgers.

princefielder28
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
The Packers are a pass first team though and they have great OTs. We have no chance of sniffing Rodgers.

Packers' O-line got eaten alive today....Bears will be able to get to Rodgers

regoob2
11-09-2008, 07:56 PM
No way, we have the worst pass rush in the NFL hands down.

VoteLynnSwan
11-09-2008, 07:56 PM

Packers' O-Line got eaten alive by Kevin Williams, Fat Pat, and Jared Allen... You can't use that to say the Bears will have success, they're a lot better than the Bears front 4.

regoob2
11-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Packers' O-Line got eaten alive by Kevin Williams, Fat Pat, and Jared Allen... You can't use that to say the Bears will have success, they're a lot better than the Bears front 4.
If the Vikes rushed just those 3 they would get more pressure than if we brought 6.

BeerBaron
11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
If the Vikes rushed just those 3 they would get more pressure than if we brought 6.

And thats not even much of an exaggeration either....thats the sad thing.

Monomach
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM

...because our line is just as good as Jared Allen and the Williams Wall?

:rolleyes:

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Seein this bears offense i have really high hopes.

The Oline played 1000000000 times better than we expected in preseason. If it wasnt for Rex, i doubt they get any sacks. Hayneswort was taken care of pretty good by Kreutz and Beekman in pass plays, i saw him 1vs1 against Beekman a couple of times too. ******* Grossman stood there though and had 400 pumpfakes before getting sacked. The Runblocking is at least serviceable, the god like Vision of Forte and his tenacity helps a load. I loved when he kinda ran over Haynesworth. He had another 27 Touches for us to account for 126 yards of 243. that guy is a baller. Im pretty impressed by Beekman, i feel like we can draft a guy next year, get Beekman to play one more year and then move him to center soon

awfullyquiet
11-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Before Rex it never occurred to Bears fans to put on blinders and pretend that the QB IS the team, ignoring his actual performance in favor of the team's collective W-L record. Never in the history of the NFL has a player banked three years of goodwill in one five game stretch the way he has.

Eli Manning.

If you read the Bears official team forum, there are STILL people saying that Orton sucks and Rex should be the starter.

Orton doesn't suck. Rex shouldn't be the starter. Rex can be good, just probably not here.

Well. Get over it. Grow up. Someone's always going to have different opinions, especially someone who has worked with grossman for the better part of 4 years. Rex may be a nice guy. He may have issues he still needs to work on. He needs to work on his accuracy. His reads weren't terrible today. He was throwing it away as needed, I also have the nagging sensation that we were facing one of the top pass defenses in the league. Hmm... put that together. I say he didn't do a terrible job.

edit: i also bet you're the type of person who would have lobbied against giving urlacher any more money.

You're a ******. Booing is never okay. Why don't you go throw snowballs at your own team and heckle santa claus, take candy from young kids and act like a general sox loving jerkoff too.

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 10:20 AM
He was prolly at family night where Rex was booed too

bearsfan_51
11-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Our season essentially comes down to the 3 games left with the Packers (2) and the Vikings. If we can win 2 of those 3 games we should win the division. I can't imagine that we won't at least split the other 4 games (Texas, Rams, Jags, Saints). A 9-7 record with a 5-1 record in the NFC North should do it.

I'm glad I have tickets to the Vikings-Bears game in late November. Sunday Night Football, division probably on the line, should be fun.

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
god i hope the lions win against the Vikings or the packers

BeerBaron
11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Our season essentially comes down to the 3 games left with the Packers (2) and the Vikings. If we can win 2 of those 3 games we should win the division. I can't imagine that we won't at least split the other 4 games (Texas, Rams, Jags, Saints). A 9-7 record with a 5-1 record in the NFC North should do it.

I'm glad I have tickets to the Vikings-Bears game in late November. Sunday Night Football, division probably on the line, should be fun.

Hopefully it doesn't get flexed on you. As long as both teams are still doing well and competing for the division, it shouldn't, but its always possible.

And I agree. 9-7 going 5-1 in the division would look real nice and should get us in as a nice 4 seed. Nothing great, but as long as your in, you can get hot and do some things. (See: 2007 Giants)

And if Orton comes back and resumes his high level of play before the injury, we should have a good chance at it.

dabears10
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Hopefully it doesn't get flexed on you. As long as both teams are still doing well and competing for the division, it shouldn't, but its always possible.

And I agree. 9-7 going 5-1 in the division would look real nice and should get us in as a nice 4 seed. Nothing great, but as long as your in, you can get hot and do some things. (See: 2007 Giants)

And if Orton comes back and resumes his high level of play before the injury, we should have a good chance at it.

07 giants had a pass rush.

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
[...]Kerry Collins took 15 three-step drops, 10 five-step drops and 13 seven-step drops while also rolling out three times. It’s virtually impossible to generate pressure with three-step drops, but there were chances to sack him. Interestingly, Collins was only pressured on two of his 23 passes in the first half—by Brian Urlacher and Dusty Dvoracek—even though 11 of his 13 deep drops came in the first two quarters.
[...]Collins was pressured on eight of 18 passes in the final two periods even though he utilized seven-step drops on only passes. Adewale Ogunleye generated pressure on four plays, one of which resulted in the Bears’ only sack. Others who pressured Collins in the second half were Tommie Harris, Israel Idonije, Marcus Harrison, Mark Anderson and blitzing nickel back Corey Graham. Collins completed 17 of 23 passes for 180 yards in the first half before connecting on 13 of 18 for 109 yards in the second half.

Well Alex Brown doesnt get pressure apparently, and Tommie Harries hardly any

BeerBaron
11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
07 giants had a pass rush.

Thats true, but its just an example that shows if you can get into the playoffs, you have a chance.

07 Giants didn't have Matt Forte or Robbie Gould. So there. :)

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
We have a ST!

BeerBaron
11-10-2008, 04:41 PM
We have a ST!

Hester playing Mr. Bowling Ball on kick returns just doesn't seem to do it....hmm.....why aren't we blocking for this guy anymore!?

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 04:43 PM
we are fooling everyone then start blocking vs the packers and win 20293-21

BeerBaron
11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
we are fooling everyone then start blocking vs the packers and win 20293-21

I'd be impressed with 2899 TD's. That would content me for a week.

Gay Ork Wang
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Forte will get 2342 of them

awfullyquiet
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Hester playing Mr. Bowling Ball on kick returns just doesn't seem to do it....hmm.....why aren't we blocking for this guy anymore!?

as hester said himself.

no ayenbadejo. no going. toub will build another ayenbadejo. if not, we need to find him another one to build into an ayenbadejo.

BeerBaron
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
as hester said himself.

no ayenbadejo. no going. toub will build another ayenbadejo. if not, we need to find him another one to build into an ayenbadejo.

hmm....i knew he'd be a big loss, but i felt it'd be more from a coverage standpoint rather than blocking. didn't think about that one really......hmm...

awfullyquiet
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
he was a solid blocker. right now, we don't have one of those.

Gay Ork Wang
11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
hmm....i knew he'd be a big loss, but i felt it'd be more from a coverage standpoint rather than blocking. didn't think about that one really......hmm...
if u go back to all those returns for TDs, u often see him and Hester together in the endzone.

regoob2
11-11-2008, 04:51 PM
as hester said himself.

Laroque will be the next STs stud.

Smokey Joe
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
So we activated DE Ervin Baldwin off of the practice squad. Hopefully Mark Anderson will be inactive next game and Baldwin will be the 3rd DE... maybe he can at least show some different moves besides the good old speed rush.

BeerBaron
11-11-2008, 09:13 PM
So we activated DE Ervin Baldwin off of the practice squad. Hopefully Mark Anderson will be inactive next game and Baldwin will be the 3rd DE... maybe he can at least show some different moves besides the good old speed rush.

Looks like our staff isn't playing dumb towards it anymore. Two straight games of the pass rush going the wrong direction got them off their 'defensive genius' high horses.

I can't believe how downhill Anderson has gone....great rookie year, nothing since....ick. I hope we get someone in the draft.

regoob2
11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I doubt Baldwin will actually play on D.

BeerBaron
11-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm not so sure he can really be any worse than what we've been trotting out there

shady00
11-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Does anybody agree that Hester's decline on returns has been because he's been going too much "side-to-side" (overthinking)

Most of his TD returns have involved just one quick instinctive move followed by splitting forward and just blazing up field.

BeerBaron
11-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Does anybody agree that Hester's decline on returns has been because he's been going too much "side-to-side" (overthinking)

Most of his TD returns have involved just one quick instinctive move followed by splitting forward and just blazing up field.

We discussed this a little while ago and the loss of Ayanbadejo as a blocker is just as huge as anything else.

Most of his returns anymore involve him crashing headfirst into a wall of guys and being a bowling ball isn't exactly the specialty of a guy whos what.....5'10 180ish?

We need to find someone on special teams who can plow that initial hole for him and let him outrun the rest.

BeerBaron
11-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Idea.

Lets resign Idonije and trade Tommie Harris. The guy got his money and is now a worthless PoS. Lets go forward with Idonije, Harrison and Dusty. Maybe draft someone mid rounds for depth.

See if we could pry a 1st rounder out of some loser team (Tampa?) for a cover 2 UT who is now overpaid and sucking.

Monomach
11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Idea.

Lets resign Idonije and trade Tommie Harris. The guy got his money and is now a worthless PoS. Lets go forward with Idonije, Harrison and Dusty. Maybe draft someone mid rounds for depth.

See if we could pry a 1st rounder out of some loser team (Tampa?) for a cover 2 UT who is now overpaid and sucking.

Wait wait wait.

So now it's ok to send off Tommie Harris if we couldget a first round pick, but I'm the worst guy in the whole damned world for saying the same thing about Brian Urlacher (draft Laurinaitis or Spikes)?

Gotta make up your mind, man. :D

bearsfan_51
11-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Trading Tommie Harris is a stupid idea at this point quite frankly. His value will never be lower than it is, and we just gave him a big signing bonus. This isn't Madden.

Gay Ork Wang
11-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Trading Tommie Harris is a stupid idea at this point quite frankly. His value will never be lower than it is, and we just gave him a big signing bonus. This isn't Madden.
agreed, Trading anyone like Briggs, Urlacher, Harris are all dumb ideas

BeerBaron
11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Briggs and Urlacher have at least been playing slightly better than Harris.....And Urlacher is a least more of a team leader on and off the field. (Monomach) Harris has come off as whiny quite often...always bitching about something. And now that he's been paid, his play on the field has been terrible.

I'll keep hoping its just his health. Thats what I'll keep hoping at least...

dabears10
11-16-2008, 06:58 PM
So I think almost everyone is over reacting here. There are many, many problems and they need to be addressed. I think you give Lovie more time to try to fix it. If he cannot then fire him.

Also Tennessee is said to be interested in Lovie, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3706349
You guys would enjoy that I am sure.

BeerBaron
11-16-2008, 07:04 PM
So I think almost everyone is over reacting here. There are many, many problems and they need to be addressed. I think you give Lovie more time to try to fix it. If he cannot then fire him.

Also Tennessee is said to be interested in Lovie, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3706349
You guys would enjoy that I am sure.

I'm not usually one to push these kinds of issues (i think i was about the only person who wanted to give Benson another full year.....ick.....glad i was wrong there) but our defense has gotten progressively worse the past 3 weeks and it wasn't all that great to begin with.

And its not just all the players. Yes, our pass rush has been terrible and yes Tommie Harris hasn't been anywhere to be found and yes, guys like Briggs and Urlacher haven't been playing like themselves of old, but our schemes were downright terrible as well.

Just today, it seemed like on every play, there was a big hole 10-15 yards down the field behind the corners and in front of the safeties (hence the big hits brown kept having.) There were several times where we only rushed 3 guys and dropped everyone else into coverage, and with our pass rush struggles......ugggghhhhhhhh.....asinine.

If its not Lovie creating these problems, then I think he needs to prove it and pull a Wade Phillips by stripping Babich of his defensive 'playcalling' duties. Change things up, chew someone out who ***** up.......I dont know.....but he's the coach of the team. He needs to pull this **** together.

TitleTown088
11-16-2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SGTT4sV2VE&feature=related
Can't say I expected that out of a Lovie defense vs McCarthy.

That was a regular spanking boys. And I was there to see it in person. I even got to see the cumslinger himself play! :)

awfullyquiet
11-16-2008, 11:55 PM
The irony here is that I've always been a doubter of Lovie, even in 2005-2006 when everyone else here thought he was the greatest coach in the NFL. I don't think he's a great coach, but he's not terrible either, if you stop, use your brain, and calm the **** down, you'll realize that too.

What's ironic, is that's exactly what lovie does too. Uses his brain, calms the **** down, and doesn't get in a tizzy. I do NOT see why emotion has anything to do with coaching, yes, firing up, but coaching? gameplanning? that has absolutely nothing to do with his emotion.

No one was harping on him two years ago with the same monotonous conferences. I think everyone's dickwhipped by ditka to the point they don't know left from right.

I can tell you one thing, lovie is not getting fired. He's getting minimum 5 years. Precedence is ***** sometimes.

Anyway. I have zero problem with lovie at this moment. I do think that there needs to be a sit down this offseason and discuss options as to what to do. Right now? The only thing i can think of is that the playcalling needs to change hands, which i do agree with you BB on.

Other thoughts? Well. The passing selection has gone from worse to worserer. Crossing routes. Any crossing routes. We had some favorable matchups but never took advantage of it... i have no idea why, oh yeah. ron turner. Joe Buck and Aikman suck so much ass, so much so that i get mad that they continue to talk.

VoteLynnSwan
11-17-2008, 12:04 AM
well i think it's pretty much safe to say that the Bears will not be winning any championships any time soon. This team is built on veterans who are simply getting older.

Urlacher isn't what he once was, although he's still good, Alex Brown is average as he always has been, O-Gun isn't anything special any more, Mike Brown has lost a step, Tillman and Vasher are constantly injured, Harris is lost out there...

on offense, Kruetz is getting older, Tait is awful, the receivers aren't anything special, etc...

so basically what i'm saying here is that we need to rebuild through the draft and or free agency in order to compete down the road, because we sure as hell won't be in a position to compete for a title in the next 2-3 years.

awfullyquiet
11-17-2008, 01:02 AM
well i think it's pretty much safe to say that the Bears will not be winning any championships any time soon. This team is built on veterans who are simply getting older.

Urlacher isn't what he once was, although he's still good, Alex Brown is average as he always has been, O-Gun isn't anything special any more, Mike Brown has lost a step, Tillman and Vasher are constantly injured, Harris is lost out there...

on offense, Kruetz is getting older, Tait is awful, the receivers aren't anything special, etc...

so basically what i'm saying here is that we need to rebuild through the draft and or free agency in order to compete down the road, because we sure as hell won't be in a position to compete for a title in the next 2-3 years.

i don't think we're that far out, especially with the packers and the vikings. we'll still be competitive and transitioning from a winning season to a new-look offense and defense.

BeerBaron
11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/17/bears-at-vikings-stays-on-sunday-night/

Looks like any pummeling that may come from the Vikings is going to come in primetime still.

regoob2
11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
So much for blaming the cover 2.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5361

BeerBaron
11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
“They kind of did what they wanted to against us.”

Kind of?

Lovie....we got bent over backwards and they had their way with every hole in our body. The defense was pitiful.

BeerBaron
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I'll say this over here because I don't want to get yelled at for saying it over there......

but is anyone else getting a kick out of how bad the Lions are and how nutty their fans sound?

Go read over there for a little bit.......trade a 5th rounder for Derrick Anderson? Sign Matt Cassell? Go with Culpepper or Stanton while you draft a LT or DE #1 overall? Great strategies for fixing their team.

God I pray we're never that terrible of a team....

shady00
11-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Go with Culpepper or Stanton while you draft a LT or DE #1 overall? Great strategies for fixing their team.

I wouldn't rule out a DE or LT with #1 for them, then taking Tebow or Harrell with Dallas' 1st or their second.

As long as they don't take a receiver lol

regoob2
11-18-2008, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't rule out a DE or LT with #1 for them, then taking Tebow or Harrell with Dallas' 1st or their second.

As long as they don't take a receiver lol
They could wait til the 4th or 5th for Harrell, if not later. If Matt Stafford comes out they'd be the lions (stupid) not to take him.

BeerBaron
11-18-2008, 11:53 PM
I absolutely guarantee, and you can quote me for future reference if you want, that if the Lions go anywhere but the top QB with the 1st overall pick, they won't be any better in 5 years than they are right now.

Maybe having a great LT or DE gets them a win or two more than they'd have taking that rookie QB the next two years....but long term, with no QB, they're doomed.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
I absolutely guarantee, and you can quote me for future reference if you want, that if the Lions go anywhere but the top QB with the 1st overall pick, they won't be any better in 5 years than they are right now.

Maybe having a great LT or DE gets them a win or two more than they'd have taking that rookie QB the next two years....but long term, with no QB, they're doomed.
That may be true but they should go QB if one is worth the pick.

BeerBaron
11-19-2008, 12:05 AM
That may be true but they should go QB if one is worth the pick.

your not....disagreeing. thats exactly what i was talking about, lol

i'm not picking on you man, but thats like the third time tonight thats happened to me, lol

i'd say something, and then another post would quote it and be like "yeah but..............." and then just say whatever i said in different words. its weirding me out

VoteLynnSwan
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM

it doesn't make any sense to put another quarterback in an awful situation to start his career. Losing is contagious just as winning is. You want your young quarterback to be in the best possible situation for him to succeed, thus protecting your investment better. If you have a really good supporting cast, starting with a really good offensive line, any quarterback can succeed.

That team has sooo many holes, they need to start somewhere, and that place is probably not quarterback. They are gonna be bad for at least 3-5 years regardless because of the way they're built, run, and coached. It just doesn't make sense to put a young quarterback in that cancerous situation.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 12:28 AM
your not....disagreeing. thats exactly what i was talking about, lol

i'm not picking on you man, but thats like the third time tonight thats happened to me, lol

i'd say something, and then another post would quote it and be like "yeah but..............." and then just say whatever i said in different words. its weirding me out
lol. sorry im tired and I thought you said if they take a QB they wont be better.

BeerBaron
11-19-2008, 12:34 AM
it doesn't make any sense to put another quarterback in an awful situation to start his career. Losing is contagious just as winning is. You want your young quarterback to be in the best possible situation for him to succeed, thus protecting your investment better. If you have a really good supporting cast, starting with a really good offensive line, any quarterback can succeed.

That team has sooo many holes, they need to start somewhere, and that place is probably not quarterback. They are gonna be bad for at least 3-5 years regardless because of the way they're built, run, and coached. It just doesn't make sense to put a young quarterback in that cancerous situation.

So they bring in a new front office staff, new coaching staff.....need to get prove to the fanbase that they're trying to turn things around.....and they draft a LT to protect Daunte Culpepper's blindside.

Like I said, it might lead to a few more wins right away to have help at a position like that. But whats 5-11 stepped up from 3-13? yanno?

Troy Aikman wasn't exactly brought into a great spot....but 3 superbowl rings later I doubt anyone would complain about his handling. Same goes for Peyton, and whats he done?

The QB position is just a strange one to predict. No matter what approach your a fan of, you can find arguments for it and against it.

You want to draft a QB high and have him play right away? Guys like David Carr, Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf would say no. Guys like Marino, Peyton, Aikman...they'd say good idea.

I just think that team would do itself best for the future taking the top QB and rolling with it. They're looking at at least 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, and if the Falcons of last year any example (having a top 5 pick and like 4 2nd rounders or something crazy like that) having that many picks plus getting the most out of a rookie QB can turn you around damn quick.

Now, I know Ryan is the exception and not the rule when it comes to how rookie QBs play, but a guy like Stafford or Bradford might just give you as good of chance of winning now as a Culpepper/Kitna/Stanton plus you'll be developing them for the future.

And if you bring in an offensive minded coach (or at least a better o-coordinator) that experience running that scheme in game could prove invaluable.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 12:42 AM
If Stafford comes out they have to take him. They can have him sit his rookie season and bring in a LT in FA or through the draft.

BeerBaron
11-19-2008, 12:51 AM
If Stafford comes out they have to take him. They can have him sit his rookie season and bring in a LT in FA or through the draft.

Or draft one with their 2nd 1st rounder. Think about this, Kevin Smith isn't looking too awful, so he could be a workable piece at RB. Calvin Johnson.....nuff said. Gosder, now that he's actually on the field, I hear isn't doing too bad.

So take those offensive pieces, and add to them one of these combos, now what looks better to you?

Stafford-Jason Smith
Andre Smith-Tebow/pray theres someone else available with their 2nd first rounder

Jason Smith on one side with Gosder on the other wouldn't look bad longterm imo....

regoob2
11-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Or draft one with their 2nd 1st rounder. Think about this, Kevin Smith isn't looking too awful, so he could be a workable piece at RB. Calvin Johnson.....nuff said. Gosder, now that he's actually on the field, I hear isn't doing too bad.

So take those offensive pieces, and add to them one of these combos, now what looks better to you?

Stafford-Jason Smith
Andre Smith-Tebow/pray theres someone else available with their 2nd first rounder

Jason Smith on one side with Gosder on the other wouldn't look bad longterm imo....
I agree, if they can get a LT, QB and DE in there 1st 3 picks they have a great draft.

VoteLynnSwan
11-19-2008, 09:29 AM
So they bring in a new front office staff, new coaching staff.....need to get prove to the fanbase that they're trying to turn things around.....and they draft a LT to protect Daunte Culpepper's blindside.

Like I said, it might lead to a few more wins right away to have help at a position like that. But whats 5-11 stepped up from 3-13? yanno?

Troy Aikman wasn't exactly brought into a great spot....but 3 superbowl rings later I doubt anyone would complain about his handling. Same goes for Peyton, and whats he done?

The QB position is just a strange one to predict. No matter what approach your a fan of, you can find arguments for it and against it.

You want to draft a QB high and have him play right away? Guys like David Carr, Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf would say no. Guys like Marino, Peyton, Aikman...they'd say good idea.

I just think that team would do itself best for the future taking the top QB and rolling with it. They're looking at at least 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, and if the Falcons of last year any example (having a top 5 pick and like 4 2nd rounders or something crazy like that) having that many picks plus getting the most out of a rookie QB can turn you around damn quick.

Now, I know Ryan is the exception and not the rule when it comes to how rookie QBs play, but a guy like Stafford or Bradford might just give you as good of chance of winning now as a Culpepper/Kitna/Stanton plus you'll be developing them for the future.

And if you bring in an offensive minded coach (or at least a better o-coordinator) that experience running that scheme in game could prove invaluable.

they obviously need a quarterback in the worst way. That doesn't mean they have to draft one this year. They're gonna be bad next year regardless, and get another high pick. They can always use that pick on a quarterback.

just because some players have had success with nothing around them doesn't mean that you shouldn't give your huge investment the best chance to succeed.

VoteLynnSwan
11-19-2008, 09:31 AM
they are in a position to take the best player available (as long as it's not a WR) and that's what they should do. If they think that Matt Stafford is the best player available, take him. If they think Orakpo or Oher or whomever is the best player available, take him. Ultimately though it's pretty safe to say that the Lions will make the wrong decision.

Enough about the Lions though, who cares.

BeerBaron
11-19-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-19-bears-chicagonov19,0,410797.story

A look-see at our remaining schedule.

Gay Ork Wang
11-19-2008, 02:43 PM
why do we talk about the ******* lions?

shady00
11-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Because it makes us feel better

BeerBaron
11-19-2008, 03:56 PM

Because it makes us feel better

I know talking about them made me feel better......heh.

They're scccrrreeeewwweeedddd, probably for at least another 2-3 years to come, and thats if they make wise decisions on how to turn around. (And based on previous experience, odds favor them ******* up again)

So at least we really can't be any worse than the 3rd worst in our division!

TitleTown088
11-19-2008, 08:02 PM
You owe me some drywall and Spackle.

BeerBaron
11-19-2008, 08:33 PM

You should build better quality locker rooms.

TitleTown088
11-19-2008, 08:45 PM
You should build better quality locker rooms.

Like the impeccable locker rooms at the massive toilet bowl? I don't call it a toilet bowl to insult it , but rather because some Bear fan at the game this sunday told me it resembled one, and I can see it.

regoob2
11-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Nevvvvaaahhhhhhhhhh!

BeerBaron
11-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Like the impeccable locker rooms at the massive toilet bowl? I don't call it a toilet bowl to insult it , but rather because some Bear fan at the game this sunday told me it resembled one, and I can see it.

what happened the last time the Packers played there? I've forgotten.....

http://www.packers.com/gameday/2007/12-23/

oh yeah!

regoob2
11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Like the impeccable locker rooms at the massive toilet bowl? I don't call it a toilet bowl to insult it , but rather because some Bear fan at the game this sunday told me it resembled one, and I can see it.Are you talking about the Soldier Field? How does it look like a toilet? Nice try.

ChezPower4
11-19-2008, 11:17 PM
what happened the last time the Packers played there? I've forgotten.....

http://www.packers.com/gameday/2007/12-23/

oh yeah!

What happened when we played last week?

Oh that's right.....

shady00
11-19-2008, 11:19 PM

Oh that's right.....

He said AT Soldier Field

regoob2
11-19-2008, 11:48 PM

Oh that's right.....
We're still tied.

Smokey Joe
11-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Whatever...

I had sex with your wife.

TitleTown088
11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Whatever...

I had sex with your wife.

Was she as good as your mom?

We're still tied.

New season. Packers 1; Da bears zero

regoob2
11-20-2008, 11:28 AM

Or same season 5-5.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2008, 02:15 PM

haha but every year packers got beat, and u guys were happy with just playing?

TitleTown088
11-20-2008, 02:45 PM
haha but every year packers got beat, and u guys were happy with just playing?

huh.....? No comprendo.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2008, 03:00 PM
well all those years we beat u, are now over just because u won once? yay

TitleTown088
11-20-2008, 03:42 PM
well all those years we beat u, are now over just because u won once? yay

Nope. I was just ripping on the biqueen fans for that the other day actually. However, the past is the past, and something tells me there is more Packer victories to come in the near future. Also, we have technically won twice in recent times. ;)

shady00
11-20-2008, 04:33 PM
http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/favre_int1.jpg
Go back to your own board. We get it; you like the packers more because you are a packers fan, and we like the bears more because we are bears fans. what good is gonna come from these little arguments? absolutely nothing, this is child's play, now go away

BeerBaron
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Go back to your own board. We get it; you like the packers more because you are a packers fan, and we like the bears more because we are bears fans. what good is gonna come from these little arguments? absolutely nothing, this is child's play, now go away

Excelente.

Muchos gracias.

Hurricane Ditka
11-20-2008, 05:50 PM

No one's as good as Smokey's mom.

Smokey Joe
11-20-2008, 07:06 PM
No one's as good as Smokey's mom.
Hey, the Jerk store called, their running out of you!

TitleTown088
11-20-2008, 08:52 PM
http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/favre_int1.jpg

If you think that was a packer-bear argument you have much to learn. That was playful.

Argument would involve me saying " all bears fans have AIDS" after a packer victory. Right BF51? Ha, that controversy was ridiculous for those who remember. I think it was in 2006?

bearsfan_51
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
That's true, I shouldn't have insulted AIDS patients by comparing them to Packers fans.

TitleTown088
11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
That's true, I shouldn't have insulted AIDS patients by comparing them to Packers fans.

Haha, nice.

I still remember members on here complaining to mods like little kids to a mommy when you said that.

Dr. Gonzo
11-20-2008, 10:16 PM

It is funny to read the new season argument coming from a fudgepacker fan when all you people do is bring up your winning record this past few seasons against the Vikings every time you are losing an argument or angry.

TitleTown088
11-21-2008, 12:16 AM
It is funny to read the new season argument coming from a fudgepacker fan when all you people do is bring up your winning record this past few seasons against the Vikings every time you are losing an argument or angry.
Did you not just see me bring that up earlier in this thread?

Besides the Vikings and packers are 1-1 if you go by the new season crap... I was mostly kidding around about it anyways, I thought that was pretty evident when I was poking fun of the Packers for beating the Bears twice in the past three years...

Anyways, fine we can say this; MM has been Lovies ***** for the most part and The Vikings are Mike McCarthey's prison *****.

shady00
11-21-2008, 12:47 AM
your board must be pretty weak if u have to come in here every other hour and ***** about nothing

bearsfan_51
11-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Haha, nice.

I still remember members on here complaining to mods like little kids to a mommy when you said that.
People will find reasons to whine about anything, what else is new?

ChezPower4
11-21-2008, 07:20 AM

Besides the Vikings and packers are 1-1 if you go by the new season crap... I was mostly kidding around about it anyways, I thought that was pretty evident when I was poking fun of the Packers for beating the Bears twice in the past three years...

Anyways, fine we can say this; MM has been Lovies ***** for the most part and The Vikings are Mike McCarthey's prison *****.

Where does Rod fit in all of this?

TitleTown088
11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Where does Rod fit in all of this?

He's the fluff boy.

People will find reasons to whine about anything, what else is new?

Like shady00?

awfullyquiet
11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
on topic kids.

back to general discussion.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2008, 02:50 PM

I am not saying it was you really. I was just pointed out that after the win Packer fans still trashed the Vikings because they have the better record over us the past few years. I did happen to read your post, just after I posted and I did not feel like editing. Oh well, **** the Packers.

awfullyquiet
11-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh well, **** the Packers.

the only thing vikings fans and bears fans can agree on.

Well that and the lions suck.

Smokey Joe
11-21-2008, 04:12 PM

I'm pretty sure that all NFC North fans can agree on that. All NFL, casual football watchers, and babies can agree on that.

ChezPower4
11-21-2008, 04:52 PM

You bite your tounge :p

BeerBaron
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Alright, non-Bears fans out.......getting annoying.

Looks like the Rams will be without Jackson and Pace. Should make things a wee bit easier for us I really, really hope......

awfullyquiet
11-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Alright, non-Bears fans out.......getting annoying.

Looks like the Rams will be without Jackson and Pace. Should make things a wee bit easier for us I really, really hope......

And the fact it's the rams? Mark Anderson should theoretically get 2 sacks this game? Will he.

I don't know. Depends on how much we let them throw. Which can be a ton.

Gay Ork Wang
11-22-2008, 11:15 AM
if we lose this season is over.

shady00
11-22-2008, 01:16 PM
This should be an easy win...then again, that's what I said before we played Detroit.

regoob2
11-22-2008, 01:21 PM
This should be an easy win...then again, that's what I said before we played Detroit.
When you cant rush the qb there are no easy wins. I could see us losing. They dont have Pace but we'll make there backup look like Pace in his prime.

BeerBaron
11-22-2008, 01:30 PM
When you cant rush the qb there are no easy wins. I could see us losing. They dont have Pace but we'll make there backup look like Pace in his prime.

Aye...I can't even name most of Detroit's o-line and they were pushing our pass rush backwards on most plays.

I think we should win, even if by shootout. The Rams can't stop anyone either, and even with our weak pass rush, they're offense is without its top 2 players so I think we'll slow them enough to let our offense rip them apart.

I think Forte should rip off 130 yards pretty easily with KO managing the game and hitting on some smart, safer plays. We should rip them up pretty easy.

But this game won't be as easy as it could be if our defense was even half of what it once was...

Race for the Heisman
11-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Don't sleep on Antonio Pittman. A few things go wrong and the guy could gash us bad. He's not the receiving threat that Jackson is, but he can run the ball pretty well.

sweetness34
11-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Devin Hester will get 2 TD's in this game, at least one on a kick return. If he doesn't, I will wear a Packer's sig for two weeks.

regoob2
11-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Devin Hester will get 2 TD's in this game, at least one on a kick return. If he doesn't, I will wear a Packer's sig for two weeks.Damn that is confidence. He is a beast on turf.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2008, 06:09 AM
he needs blocking though

Fred Miller was placed on IR and Rideau promoted to the Roster.

He is a 6'3'' WR, maybe he could do some damage

but damn Fred Miller was a waste of a signing

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 11:12 AM
he needs blocking though

Fred Miller was placed on IR and Rideau promoted to the Roster.

He is a 6'3'' WR, maybe he could do some damage

but damn Fred Miller was a waste of a signing

That pissed me off at the time and it pisses me off now......

Maybe this means we have full confidence in Chris Williams should he need to go.

iowatreat54
11-23-2008, 11:57 AM
if we lose today, can we just forfeit the rest of the season for a good draft pick?

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey, lets do ourselves a HUUUUGE favor and resign Orton long term right now.

a. It might a little cheaper than waiting

b. We won't be tempted at all to even remotely think about bringing in McNabb. I HATE....downright absolutely HATE it when people say we should bring him in. HATE HATE HATE HATE it. And now he's terrible. So I doubly hate it and don't want us to even remotely consider it.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2008, 02:35 PM
i doubt we dont resign him. He seems to feel comfortable in Chicago and in that system.

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Aye...I can't even name most of Detroit's o-line and they were pushing our pass rush backwards on most plays.

I think we should win, even if by shootout. The Rams can't stop anyone either, and even with our weak pass rush, they're offense is without its top 2 players so I think we'll slow them enough to let our offense rip them apart.

I think Forte should rip off 130 yards pretty easily with KO managing the game and hitting on some smart, safer plays. We should rip them up pretty easy.

But this game won't be as easy as it could be if our defense was even half of what it once was...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29697&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

I was off by two yards on Forte, lol

bearsfan_51
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Desmond Clark, Nathan Vasher, Mike Brown all injured today apparently. That stinks.

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Desmond Clark, Nathan Vasher, Mike Brown all injured today apparently. That stinks.

Alex Brown as well. (Unless he made it back at teh very end and i didn't see)

regoob2
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Desmond Clark, Nathan Vasher, Mike Brown all injured today apparently. That stinks.Who was playing S in Browns' place?

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Who was playing S in Browns' place?

Steltz thank god.....I'm about sick of Dan Manning anymore (as more than a return man at least)

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Alex Brown as well. (Unless he made it back at teh very end and i didn't see)
He made it back.

regoob2
11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Steltz thank god.....I'm about sick of Dan Manning anymore (as more than a return man at least)
How did Steltz play. I think he will be a good FS.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2008, 04:02 PM
How did Steltz play. I think he will be a good FS.
he did fine, but it was the rams, at some point we played against Brock Berlin

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
he did fine, but it was the rams, at some point we played against Brock Berlin

Aye. I'd trust Steltz more than Manning if Brown were to miss any significant time.

Could also be good to let us see what we have in him so we know if getting a FS is an offseason need.

But I hope Brown isn't out.....

regoob2
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Aye. I'd trust Steltz more than Manning if Brown were to miss any significant time.

Could also be good to let us see what we have in him so we know if getting a FS is an offseason need.

But I hope Brown isn't out.....
I dont think we'll resign Mike Brown. I want to see what Payne can do at SS and either Steltz, D Manning or a rookie/FA at FS.

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
I dont think we'll resign Mike Brown. I want to see what Payne can do at SS and either Steltz, D Manning or a rookie/FA at FS.

He's respected by the rest of the team and if he doesn't draw much interest elsewhere, I wouldn't mind bringing him back cheap as the veteran leader he is.

Smokey Joe
11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
At this point in his career, after all his injuries, Mike Brown is a run support, in the box SS with some major durability issues. And from what I've seen this year, Payne is also a run support, in the box SS. They both are terrible in pass coverage and this greatly hurts our pass D having them both back there. And from what I've seen of Steltz is that he is more of a SS who is decent at both run support and pass coverage, and excells in neither. I don't think of him as anything more than a ST player who is a good backup who can fill in.

As for Manning, he provides us with another threat in the return game who is a very good special team player, and while he isn't all that great of a defensive player, he is decent and provides good depth. Also, we might bring back McGowan, and after his injuries, he shouldn't be considered an option the start but rather another ST and backup.

If it was up to me, I'd draft a true FS in the 2nd round, preferably Rashad Johnson, bring back Mike Brown (he'd be fairly cheap), and have a 3-man rotation at safety. On obvious passing downs I'd have Johnson in at FS and Brown/Payne in the box or deep as the SS. On obvious run plays, I'd have Brown and Payne both in, and one of them would be in the box. In between, it would depend on the situation, etc.

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 08:55 PM
At this point in his career, after all his injuries, Mike Brown is a run support, in the box SS with some major durability issues. And from what I've seen this year, Payne is also a run support, in the box SS. They both are terrible in pass coverage and this greatly hurts our pass D having them both back there. And from what I've seen of Steltz is that he is more of a SS who is decent at both run support and pass coverage, and excells in neither. I don't think of him as anything more than a ST player who is a good backup who can fill in.

As for Manning, he provides us with another threat in the return game who is a very good special team player, and while he isn't all that great of a defensive player, he is decent and provides good depth. Also, we might bring back McGowan, and after his injuries, he shouldn't be considered an option the start but rather another ST and backup.

If it was up to me, I'd draft a true FS in the 2nd round, preferably Rashad Johnson, bring back Mike Brown (he'd be fairly cheap), and have a 3-man rotation at safety. On obvious passing downs I'd have Johnson in at FS and Brown/Payne in the box or deep as the SS. On obvious run plays, I'd have Brown and Payne both in, and one of them would be in the box. In between, it would depend on the situation, etc.

I don't consider safety enough of a need to be drafting it ahead of a DE or o-line help. Unless theres a huge run on those positions and neither has value available at our picks in the first and 2nd rounds, I wouldn't touch anything but.

We seem deep at CB. What if we moved one of Tillman, Vasher or Graham back there at FS at least part time. Steltz and Manning (though I'm trying to avoid wanting Manning in at all on D) both have nickel back experience this year....they could hold that role if we wanted to move a CB back there. Plus we'll get Bowman back next year and he has some talent if he's healthy...plus we could more easily find some depth type corners in FA or in the mid rounds. We've had a lot of luck with that.

bearsfan_51
11-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Moving any of our corners back to safety would be a terrible idea. Only Tillman could do it, and he's much more valuable as a corner.

I'd be fine with looking at safties in the 2nd or 3rd round, although I doubt any of them would make an impact next year anyway.

O-line has actually stabilized pretty nicely. I still want to draft a RT for the future, but that's something St. Clair could do for the next 2-3 years if need be.

regoob2
11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't consider safety enough of a need to be drafting it ahead of a DE or o-line help. Unless theres a huge run on those positions and neither has value available at our picks in the first and 2nd rounds, I wouldn't touch anything but.

We seem deep at CB. What if we moved one of Tillman, Vasher or Graham back there at FS at least part time. Steltz and Manning (though I'm trying to avoid wanting Manning in at all on D) both have nickel back experience this year....they could hold that role if we wanted to move a CB back there. Plus we'll get Bowman back next year and he has some talent if he's healthy...plus we could more easily find some depth type corners in FA or in the mid rounds. We've had a lot of luck with that.I think we're good this year with what we got. Those CBs have to much value at CB. I think Graham will be the full time starter by years end and Vasher can settle in as our nickel CB where he would be a good fit at. D Manning needs to stay at FS and see how he develops. Steltz was good incoverage at LSU and I think he can be a solid FS.

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 09:41 PM
I think we're good this year with what we got. Those CBs have to much value at CB. I think Graham will be the full time starter by years end and Vasher can settle in as our nickel CB where he would be a good fit at. D Manning needs to stay at FS and see how he develops. Steltz was good incoverage at LSU and I think he can be a solid FS.

Not a fan of Dan Manning....when he's out there its like we've got 10 guys willing to tackle...

regoob2
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Not a fan of Dan Manning....when he's out there its like we've got 10 guys willing to tackle...
He's not bad in deep coverage.

shady00
11-23-2008, 11:10 PM
I really liked the wildcat with Hester and then also Forte taking a snap. Hester got a first down off it.

I don't think Hester should be a regular receiver. He should strictly be a return man, with the occasional offensive appearance.

And wouldn't it be great if our D-Line played like they did today for the rest of the year so we could draft a WR

regoob2
11-23-2008, 11:21 PM
I really liked the wildcat with Hester and then also Forte taking a snap. Hester got a first down off it.

I don't think Hester should be a regular receiver. He should strictly be a return man, with the occasional offensive appearance.

And wouldn't it be great if our D-Line played like they did today for the rest of the year so we could draft a WR
I disagree. I think he should focus on WR. He's been our best WR over the past month. I thought he played better than Rashied Davis over the last month.

bearsfan_51
11-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Hester's longevity will be as a receiver in the NFL. He'll never be able to sustain what he did his first two years in the league as a return man. Thankfully, he is adjusting nicely to offense.

regoob2
11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Kyle Orton breaks Bears all time record for most completions without an interception. That's awesome.

BeerBaron
11-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Kyle Orton breaks Bears all time record for most completions without an interception. That's awesome.

Indeed. And its not like he wasn't taking some chances today either.....I recall a pass intended for Hester in the endzone when he was triple covered. Could have been bad but if it wasn't batted down, I think it had a chance to be complete between em.

so....he could actually be a good QB, and not just a careful one, lol

regoob2
11-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Indeed. And its not like he wasn't taking some chances today either.....I recall a pass intended for Hester in the endzone when he was triple covered. Could have been bad but if it wasn't batted down, I think it had a chance to be complete between em.

so....he could actually be a good QB, and not just a careful one, lolHe could be great if we upgrade our OL and get a WR.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2008, 01:43 AM
although u have to say, he was lucky a couple of times.

i think he threw the last int versus Philly

TitleTown088
11-24-2008, 11:43 AM

That and that they all like wiener. Lot's and lot's of wiener. Especially Burly Bear.

Devin Hester will get 2 TD's in this game, at least one on a kick return. If he doesn't, I will wear a Packer's sig for two weeks.
Can I pick it out now?

BeerBaron
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Can I pick it out now?

I think its voided considering he wasn't actually on kick returns and I don't think any of us could know that pre-game.

Monomach
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM

Hester has to be a regular receiver. With his contract, we'd have to cut him if he were only a return man. He takes up the cap space of a featured receiver.

As for our D-line...We don't know more about them than we did last week. The Ram's line is so bad that some college lines would manhandle them.

regoob2
11-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Hester has to be a regular receiver. With his contract, we'd have to cut him if he were only a return man. He takes up the cap space of a featured receiver.

As for our D-line...We don't know more about them than we did last week. The Ram's line is so bad that some college lines would manhandle them.
Not yet he doesnt. His contract is back loaded and I doubt he's hit any big incentives.

Monomach
11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Not yet he doesnt. His contract is back loaded and I doubt he's hit any big incentives.

He gets a 5 million dollar roster bonus each year for the next two years. In his last year, he gets a 10 million dollar roster bonus. Even the 5 dollar one is the money you pay a #1 receiver. It's enough for like 5 return men.

regoob2
11-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Starting next year, he gets a 5 million dollar roster bonus each year for a few years. In his last year, he gets a 10 million dollar roster bonus. Even the 5 dollar one is the money you pay a #1 receiver. It's enough for like 5 return men.
he's our #1 WR right now. He been playing well. We'll at least keep him through 2012.

BeerBaron
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
he's our #1 WR right now. He been playing well. We'll at least keep him through 2012.

exactly. He's been doing well as a receiver and hopefully he continues to develop his skills there. If so, he'll be worth the money.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2008, 02:02 PM
All i know is that i kinda like our rookie class with Steltz, Forte and Marcus Harrison already. Now if Joey LaRoque becomes a ST beast ala Ayanbadeyo, Earl Bennett a servicable Possession receiver and Chris Williams a nice pass blocker its the best Class in recent memory for us

regoob2
11-24-2008, 05:18 PM
All i know is that i kinda like our rookie class with Steltz, Forte and Marcus Harrison already. Now if Joey LaRoque becomes a ST beast ala Ayanbadeyo, Earl Bennett a servicable Possession receiver and Chris Williams a nice pass blocker its the best Class in recent memory for us
With Forte alone its one of the best recently.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Rookie receivers generally don't do anything, but I'm a little concerned that Earl Bennett can't beat out Brandon Rideau for the active roster (although I'm sure 99.9% of that has to do with special teams). Then again we cut Mark Bradley and he's looking great right now, so maybe we just don't know **** about receivers.

BeerBaron
11-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Good News: The Packers are sucking so bad that the Saints defense with Jason David and Randall G ay starting at CB is dominating them.

Bad News: We still have to play the saints.....

Smokey Joe
11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Good news is that we gain a game against the pack, if the current score holds up.

As for the Saints, it'll turn up which Bears team shows up, but the Saints have become a rival of ours ever since the 06 NFC Championship game. We have played each other really tough over the years. It'll be a thursday night game, so that should be fun.

Monomach
11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Good News: The Packers are sucking so bad that the Saints defense with Jason David and Randall G ay starting at CB is dominating them.

Bad News: We still have to play the saints.....
Indeed. We're pretty much a guaranteed 400 yards for Brees.

What's sick is that Green Bay has actually gotten some pressure.

shady00
11-24-2008, 10:27 PM
This puts us in first, woo hoo

BeerBaron
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
This puts us in first, woo hoo

weeeeeee!!

hopefully we win next week....would really put us in first.

awfullyquiet
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Then again we cut Mark Bradley and he's looking great right now, so maybe we just don't know **** about receivers.

I think that is not an overstatement. In anywayshapeorform.

GB12
11-24-2008, 11:05 PM
The division is still very much open between the Bears and Packers. The second meeting will probably decide it.

SFbear
11-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Good news is that we gain a game against the pack, if the current score holds up.

As for the Saints, it'll turn up which Bears team shows up, but the Saints have become a rival of ours ever since the 06 NFC Championship game. We have played each other really tough over the years. It'll be a thursday night game, so that should be fun.

Actually we've dominated them the last two times we faced off. They don't seem to be able to handle Soldier Field in the winter. They can stop the run now though and obviously Brees > Bears D this year.

Gay Ork Wang
11-25-2008, 09:11 AM
The division is still very much open between the Bears and Packers. The second meeting will probably decide it.
id think if we can win against the Saints we might get it without needing a win vs the packers

Smokey Joe
11-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I feel the Vikes are still very much in it. If they beat us on sunday, they'll be in sole possession of first place, and with just 4 games remaining after next week, they'll be in the driver seat.

Gay Ork Wang
11-25-2008, 02:59 PM
3 games, Detroit doesnt count

GB12
11-25-2008, 03:36 PM
id think if we can win against the Saints we might get it without needing a win vs the packers
We're only a game behind you and we'd have the tiebreaker in that scenario because we swept you. That'd give the division to us. I think we'll lose another though which makes it important for the Bears to drop one aswell.I feel the Vikes are still very much in it. If they beat us on sunday, they'll be in sole possession of first place, and with just 4 games remaining after next week, they'll be in the driver seat.3 of those last 4 are against the Cards, Giants, and Falcons. Even if they win this week their chances are very slim; If they lose they're finished.

Monomach
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Mark Bradley since joining the Chiefs on October 19:
24 receptions
302 yards
3 receiving touchdowns
1 passing touchdown

All Bears wide receivers added together since October 19:
32 receptions
430 yards
2 receiving touchdowns
0 passing touchdowns

Yikes.

Monomach
11-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I feel the Vikes are still very much in it. If they beat us on sunday, they'll be in sole possession of first place, and with just 4 games remaining after next week, they'll be in the driver seat.

You're absolutely right. They are.

They're tied for first and this tells us something about them...

2008 strength of schedule as of week 12
Minnesota .528
Green Bay .489
Chicago .474

regoob2
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Mark Bradley since joining the Chiefs on October 19:
24 receptions
302 yards
3 receiving touchdowns
1 passing touchdown

All Bears wide receivers added together since October 19:
32 receptions
430 yards
2 receiving touchdowns
0 passing touchdowns

Yikes.Orton has also been injured and they have Bowe and Gonzalez to take the pressure off him.

BeerBaron
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Orton has also been injured and they have Bowe and Gonzalez to take the pressure off him.

That and I think part of the reason he was cut from us was that the coaches didn't like him and he was always hurt.....