PDA

View Full Version : Detroit (6-2) at Arizona (3-5)

Scotty D
11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Detroit Lions
http://media.philly.com/images/20071105_dn_0jr067qq.jpg

vs.

The Arizona Cardinals

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/michael_silver/08/17/open.mike/t1_warner2_si.jpg

Keys to the game for the Lions
Stopping the run game
Contain the big play WR's
Shaun Rogers continuing his play
Establish the run game
Continue to get turn overs

Xiomera
11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Early prediction:

Lions 31
Cardinals 24

Addict
11-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Perfect setting for a shootout.

I think our strong D play of late gives us an edge, plus the fact we've got... dare I say it? momentum.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Damn....the battle of tard quarterbacks. Who will Jesus pick?

WQWJP?

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Damn....the battle of tard quarterbacks. Who will Jesus pick?

WQWJP?
Tard quarterbacks? We're talking about Detroit-Arizona, not Chicago-Oakland.

Addict
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Damn you for making me get carpet burns!!!!

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Kitna claimed that he was able to recover faster from concussions because of Jesus. Where I come from, that's the epitome of stupid.

Nerv
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Kitna claimed that he was able to recover faster from concussions because of Jesus. Where I come from, that's the epitome of stupid.

And you would certainly know stupid.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
And you would certainly know stupid.
Oooooooh......burn!!

I'm not going to clutter up this thread with personal insults, but I'd love to hear what intellectually stimulating thing you do for a career. What sets you apart from the huddled masses.

I really don't see why some of you are getting your panties in a bunch. Is this not a recognized fact that Kitna is basically ********? Didn't a Lions fan have that in their sig?

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
What would've been worse... recovering faster from a concussion because of Jesus, or recovering faster from concussions because of Sour Patch Kids? You can't prove or disprove the Jesus comment, whereas you probably could test the Sour Patch Kids claim... so I would've said the same thing.

He's religious and recovered faster than normal from concussion syndromes. Maybe Jesus spoke to him? Maybe Gatorade is medicinal? Maybe CJesus is ACTUALLY Jesus?

Believe what you want... Kitna is 4 wins away from looking like a prophet. I wouldn't bet against him.

Nerv
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Oooooooh......burn!!

I'm not going to clutter up this thread with personal insults, but I'd love to hear what intellectually stimulating thing you do for a career. What sets you apart from the huddled masses.

I really don't see why some of you are getting your panties in a bunch. Is this not a recognized fact that Kitna is basically ********? Didn't a Lions fan have that in their sig?

I buy and sell used bibles

Maybe you don't 'clutter threads up' with personal insults, but you sure do try your best to go into rival teams threads and be as much of a condescending asshat as possible.

I swear that every single thread I open on the LIONS team board ( going back about 2 years ) has bearsfan attempting to belittle the team & its players, for no real reason other than it gives him some sort of jolly. Even the year were actually a solid team and the Bears are the ones deserving of mock, he is still on his high horse using his 'phd intellect' to try and be an ass.

Addict
11-05-2007, 05:26 PM

Maybe you don't 'clutter threads up' with personal insults, but you sure do try your best to go into rival teams threads and be as much of a condescending asshat as possible.

I swear that every single thread I open on the LIONS team board ( going back about 2 years ) has bearsfan attempting to belittle the team & its players, for no real reason other than it gives him some sort of jolly. Even the year were actually a solid team and the Bears are the ones deserving of mock, he is still on his high horse using his 'phd intellect' to try and be an ass.

I think you ment "and succeeds to"

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I think you ment "and succeeds to"

I think it's fun now, though... how much can he really say with the way this season has played out?

fenikz
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
As I wish to every team we play, may Anquan kill your entire team with a mighty thrust of his bicep, my prediction 10 reception 227 yards 2 TD

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/fd/fullj.getty-75557846sd013_seattle_seaha.jpg

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM

I assure you that if the Bears had a player that believed that Jesus helped him win football games, I would be equal part asshat. This has nothing to do with the Lions or the Bears.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 06:50 PM
I assure you that if the Bears had a player that believed that Jesus helped him win football games, I would be equal part asshat. This has nothing to do with the Lions or the Bears.Helped him recover from an injury... there is a difference.

You think it's crazy to think that Jesus cares about football... whereas the belief that Jesus cares about the well-being of his believers is a common thought. "He's our God... we pray to him... he heals us." If Kitna prayed to him (he is religious) and thinks that his recovery was helped by Jesus, it isn't that unreasonable. Once again, I'm not religious and I don't think that Jesus had anything to do with it... but that's his belief. So be it.

Who would you rather have, BF51: Jon "Jesus Healed Me" Kitna OR Brian "I Throw 4 Picks Against The Worst Secondary In The NFL" Griese.

... the Lions defense is so god awful that collectively I just don't know. The AFC East, for example, doesn't have any weak defenses. The Jets are the weakest of the four and they're nowhere near as bad as the Lions.

Addict
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I assure you that if the Bears had a player that believed that Jesus helped him win football games, I would be equal part asshat. This has nothing to do with the Lions or the Bears.

you're just bitter 'cuz JC digs our team more than your team.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 07:42 PM
You think it's crazy to think that Jesus cares about football... whereas the belief that Jesus cares about the well-being of his believers is a common thought. "He's our God... we pray to him... he heals us." If Kitna prayed to him (he is religious) and thinks that his recovery was helped by Jesus, it isn't that unreasonable.
No, I find this almost as absurd. It is explainable if you look at a social-interaction theory model (hell Emile Durkeim was saying this in 1912), but that doesn't make the people that believe it any less delusional. I would also differentiate here between people that are terminally ill and hopeful that some omnipotent power will save them and someone who believes that praying to a specific God will help him (and only fellow people who pray to the same God) recover more quickly to play a football game.

Just because something is a "common thought" doesn't mean it's substantiated or worthwhile. Roughly 1/3 of all U.S citizens think that the Twin Towers attack was a controlled explosion set off by the U.S government, does this make it a valid opinion? But that's a debate for a seperate forum and why I decided to keep it to PM.

As to your other point...what does that have to do with anything? Have I ever said that my football prognosticating is flawless? I voice my opinion about pretty much everything, in the case of sports (which is far from eperically quantifiable) and a good % of the time I'm naturally going to be wrong. I don't do this for a living, and the people that do generally aren't any more well informed than you and I are.

Xiomera
11-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Lol, a religious themed football discussion . . . better hope the mods aren't watching.

Brodeur
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I actually agree with Bearsfan, Kitna/Warner are pretty tarded. Although Warner outsucks Kitna every week.

TacticaLion
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
No, I find this almost as absurd. It is explainable if you look at a social-interaction theory model (hell Emile Durkeim was saying this in 1912), but that doesn't make the people that believe it any less delusional. I would also differentiate here between people that are terminally ill and hopeful that some omnipotent power will save them and someone who believes that praying to a specific God will help him (and only fellow people who pray to the same God) recover more quickly to play a football game.

Just because something is a "common thought" doesn't mean it's substantiated or worthwhile. Roughly 1/3 of all U.S citizens think that the Twin Towers attack was a controlled explosion set off by the U.S government, does this make it a valid opinion? But that's a debate for a seperate forum and why I decided to keep it to PM.

As to your other point...what does that have to do with anything? Have I ever said that my football prognosticating is flawless? I voice my opinion about pretty much everything, in the case of sports (which is far from eperically quantifiable) and a good % of the time I'm naturally going to be wrong. I don't do this for a living, and the people that do generally aren't any more well informed than you and I are.You keep saying how you "keep it to PM", yet keep saying it on the forums. What do you expect... everyone to ignore you? If so, why say anything at all?

Let me summarize: you find everything associated with prayer (and religion) absurd. Gotchya. From a religious perspective, prayer can be used for anything: healing, good fortune, success on a test or a promotion at work. For Kitna to "pray" (if he even did) to recover from a "concussion" is, in my opinion, a common reason to pray. Then again, I'm not religious and I could care less what Kitna believes... as long as he stays healthy and competes.

It's irrelevant that common thoughts are sometimes unreasonable... that's not the point. You continue to mock Kitna, suggesting that it's absurd that he would think God cares about football... when praying for healing is extremely common.
However...to actually think that some ominipotent power cares about an NFL football game and does actions accordingly is beyond the realm of reasonable debate.
Praying for healing/recovery is, I think, reasonable. I'm not religious and I don't do it, but I can understand why someone would.

Also, for talking as much as you do, you get quite defensive when someone holds you to one of your claims. That's how it works... if you say something, someone might bring it back up. The less you say, the less others can throw back at you.

TheMadLionsFan
11-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Can we get back on the topic of Arizona?

Jagonsucker
11-05-2007, 11:26 PM
lions win 27-17

and the chicago fan: **** ur team blows go away you bitter piece of fungus

Addict
11-06-2007, 01:43 AM
I don't care what Kitna does off the field, as long as he's not acting like an asshole. He prays to god? that's fine, helll he could be praying to Nicopiconi the Racoon God of the Coconut tree and I still wouldn't care (although I'd demand pictures). Bottom line is he got us 6 wins.

Make that seven, can't see Arizona beat us.

Nerv
11-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Im very unreligious and just not a fan of religion in general. That said I would MUCH rather have a team full of faithful worshippers than thugs & gangsters who run around with their entourage getting into trouble. Or guys stirring things up in the locker room/with the media. Same goes for players with ego's out of this world. I think its rather refreshing to see some actual down to earth honest guys in the NFL, even if Kitna's ability to make a turnover in the red zone can sicken me.

TacticaLion
11-06-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't care what Kitna does off the field, as long as he's not acting like an asshole. He prays to god? that's fine, helll he could be praying to Nicopiconi the Racoon God of the Coconut tree and I still wouldn't care (although I'd demand pictures). Bottom line is he got us 6 wins.

Make that seven, can't see Arizona beat us.

Holy ****... it's going in the sig. Nicopiconi the Racoon God of the Coconut Tree!?

Scotty D
11-06-2007, 07:28 AM
hahaaha what a crazy ass thread. Are we sure we can handle game threads?

TacticaLion
11-06-2007, 07:49 AM
hahaaha what a crazy ass thread. Are we sure we can handle game threads?

We can without bearsfan_51... with him, it becomes a free for all.

JPLUFF
11-06-2007, 10:06 AM

Maybe Kitna read Anselm's Onthological argument or Pascal's Wager and that is why his faith is so strong (bored, just throwing out readings I've read in regards to God's existence).

But back to football. I'm kind of nervous about this game. It's gonna be f'in hot out and even though Kurt Warner is old and playing hurt, Bolden & Fitz v. Bryant and Stanley Wilson makes me uncomfortable. I'll take the Lions to win 20-17, but I wouldn't be shocked if the scores were flip-flopped.

TacticaLion
11-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I think, with our momentum, running game and strong DLine play, we'll control this game and win. I just don't see their defense stopping a balanced attack from Roy, CJ, McD, Furrey and KJones/TJD.

Prediction: Lions 27 - Cards 17

Addict
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I think, with our momentum, running game and strong DLine play, we'll control this game and win. I just don't see their defense stopping a balanced attack from Roy, CJ, McD, Furrey and KJones/TJD.

Prediction: Lions 27 - Cards 17

I agree with you. I think the score will be bigger with two high-octane offenses going head to head... 32-42 Lions win.

Calvin Johnson first time over 100 yards, I'm calling it right now.

TacticaLion
11-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I agree with you. I think the score will be bigger with two high-octane offenses going head to head... 32-42 Lions win.

Calvin Johnson first time over 100 yards, I'm calling it right now.

Yeah, but you have balls. I'd rather take the easy way out and use a simple prediction.

So, should I start Kitna in my fantasy league? He's been weak lately... is this his game?

detroit4life
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
arizona matches up well with there good wrs vs our shacky pass defense. I this we will win tho but i should be a decent game.

fenikz
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
BTW I refuse to believe that the Lions are for real, the strategy of drafting 4 1st round WR's in 5 years and making a ****** team into a good one just doesn't work for me

Brodeur
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
People keep forgetting that Kurt Warner really sucks.

Lions- 31 Cardinals- 10

fenikz
11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Cardinals 35 Lions 24

Scotty D
11-06-2007, 07:55 PM
BTW I refuse to believe that the Lions are for real, the strategy of drafting 4 1st round WR's in 5 years and making a ****** team into a good one just doesn't work for me

And drafting a pretty boy doesn't work either.

Brodeur
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Cardinals 35 Lions 24

Hahaha. If the Cards can put a 35 spot on the Lions, I'll never post in the Arizona Cardinals forum again(I've never actually posted there anyway but still).

TacticaLion
11-06-2007, 09:35 PM

Yeah... and you're obviously ignoring the fact that Marinelli has decided to build a team with hard work, fundamentals and passion for the game of football. Those 1st round draft picks mean more than the mentality of the team, right?

Good one.

detroit4life
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM

well i guess we'll see this week interesting that you talk trash about our team as we sit at 6-2 while your at a respectable 3-5.

Addict
11-07-2007, 06:55 AM

http://mfk.cmc.se/images/random/whoopass2.jpg

detknowitall
11-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Yeah an signing FA like Dwayne White, Ed Mulitalo, and Shaun McDonald. Wow what terrible moves.....not to mention that whole bit about other players that weren't drafted in the first round stepping up. Guys like Jonathan Scott, Stephen Peterson, and Gerald Alexander. And another thing getting better coaches like Martz, and Berry in had absolutely no effect. Yeah stuff like that doesnt work for me either. (Can you detect the sarcasm.....good cause I'm laying it on pretty thick.)

Also if the Cards put up 35 points on the Lions it would be a miracle. They havent put up 35 on anyone yet this year. The closest is St. Louis.....and that was 34....and it was ST. LOUIS!!!!

fenikz
11-07-2007, 03:25 PM
btw i don't mean any disrespect, their just aren't any cardinals fans so i have to go around to what ever team we are playing and say stupid **** to make people mad

TacticaLion
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
btw i don't mean any disrespect, their just aren't any cardinals fans so i have to go around to what ever team we are playing and say stupid **** to make people mad

HAHA! Point taken.

It isn't easy to represent for a struggling team. Believe me... we know.

LionSmack
11-07-2007, 05:23 PM

wow man that's even worse than being a lions fan. at least through the years when we've been terrible, there have still been plenty of fans around to still be angry and pissed with.

fenikz
11-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Ya at least you had Barry Sanders, we hang our hats on Larry Centers

TacticaLion
11-07-2007, 10:08 PM
This game is actually beginning to scare me. We need this game to think about finishing 10-6. Our next 5 games: NYG, GB, MINN, DAL and SD. A loss here requires us to only lose 3 more games... and we've got one more game against GB on the schedule.

This is a big one. They'll all be big ones from here on out... but this one will say a lot about our chances this year.

Addict
11-08-2007, 02:04 AM
This game is actually beginning to scare me. We need this game to think about finishing 10-6. Our next 5 games: NYG, GB, MINN, DAL and SD. A loss here requires us to only lose 3 more games... and we've got one more game against GB on the schedule.

This is a big one. They'll all be big ones from here on out... but this one will say a lot about our chances this year.

Yeah these are all big game, but let's not forget we do have some momentum so we might make it.

Turtlepower
11-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Ya at least you had Barry Sanders, we hang our hats on Larry Centers

What about Emmit Smith? =D

Barbecue Bob
11-11-2007, 10:09 AM
This could easily be an upset especially if Levi Brown returns as expected. The running game has sputtered without him at T, but if he's healthy it will make Arizona's O much more potent and balanced.

Brodeur
11-11-2007, 11:01 AM
This could easily be an upset especially if Levi Brown returns as expected. The running game has sputtered without him at T, but if he's healthy it will make Arizona's O much more potent and balanced.

It's not really an upset when Arizona is favored in the line.

TacticaLion
11-11-2007, 03:33 PM
I can't believe CJ dropped that TD catch. Perfect position... had it in his hands... made the catch... but couldn't hold on.

Addict
11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't believe CJ dropped that TD catch. Perfect position... had it in his hands... made the catch... but couldn't hold on.

CJ dropped a pass? Crap...

TacticaLion
11-11-2007, 03:44 PM
CJ dropped a pass? Crap...
We're doomed...

And, Alexander went off the field (injured). Looked like he hurt his arm (or, Edge's helmet hurt his arm). God, I hope he's OK.

Keith Smith made one HELL of a play on Boldin there... beautiful pass break-up on 3rd down. This guy keeps playing well... picks and plays when you need him.

detroitsports
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
-Why would Shaun McDonald cut back when he just had to outrun a DT, he runs backwards every time.
-Kevin Jones did not run forward once

Scotty D
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
-Why would Shaun McDonald cut back when he just had to outrun a DT, he runs backwards every time.
-Kevin Jones did not run forward once

Jones definitely started dancing again.

Xiomera
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I am glad I was at work for the whole game.

The only few plays I happened to see were right in the beginning . . . the Kennedy INT and CJ dropping a touchdown pass . . .

Jagonsucker
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
same old lions!

TacticaLion
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
same old lions!

Oh stop. I'm pissed too, but I still have common sense. 6-3... we're still 6-3. It was a horrible game... but we're still in great shape.

Jagonsucker
11-11-2007, 08:00 PM
actually we need to send a tape of this game to the NFL to review the disgusting ref calls (and no calls) I saw a few times the o-line was grabbing the back of the jersey just to stop our d-line and guess what..no holding call! The MCcdonald fumble WASNT A ******* FUMBLE. There was a horse collar tackle on Kevin Jones by a Cardinals player. And no pass interference call on the Cards DB when he was HOLDING Williams in the endzone? Kiss my ass refs..******* paid off *******

neko4
11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Its to not have the Lions riding our asses anymore. I still feel threatened by them especially since we have to go in to detroit, on a short week. Hopefully we can beat Carolina to put more seperation before that game.

fenikz
11-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Good Game guys, btw I was was close on my score prediction

Cardinals 35 Lions 24

I really like the way the Cardinals D is set up for the future, Pace, Dansby, Dockett and Wilson are all young and really really good, with role players like Hayes, Smith, and Hood I'm very excited to see what the future brings for this team.

and Breaston is quickly become the best Cardinals kick returner in history...which says two things, the Cardinals suck at returning kicks and he is damn good.

Addict
11-12-2007, 05:09 AM

I really like the way the Cardinals D is set up for the future, Pace, Dansby, Dockett and Wilson are all young and really really good, with role players like Hayes, Smith, and Hood I'm very excited to see what the future brings for this team.

and Breaston is quickly become the best Cardinals kick returner in history...which says two things, the Cardinals suck at returning kicks and he is damn good.

Your team did good. Although your opponents really weren't playing very well.

TacticaLion
11-12-2007, 05:52 AM

and Breaston is quickly become the best Cardinals kick returner in history...which says two things, the Cardinals suck at returning kicks and he is damn good.Wilson is really good... at horse collar tackling.

This is one of those games where Martz tries to "outsmart" the opposing Defensive Coordinator... and outsmarts himself. We ran the ball 4 times with Kevin Jones... 3 of those 4 in the first 20 minutes. It isn't hard for a defense to succeed when they know what's coming.

JPLUFF
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Can't take anything away from Arizona. They flat out outplayed us.

TacticaLion
11-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Can't take anything away from Arizona. They flat out outplayed us.I can't take anything away from Arizona... but I can take a lot away from the refs. It isn't their fault and they can't control it, but the refs were horrible, Kitna turned the ball over 4 times and we gained -18 rushing yards in the game... but we only lost by 10 (7 if we kick the field goal, as we should have). That's actually impressive.

Addict
11-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I think Arizona is/was a much better football team than we gave them credit for, plus we all got carried away by our 6-2 record and we forgot about the fact they were at home, which helped them out.

We got outplayed... so what? It happens.