PDA

View Full Version : Contrary to Herm Edwards style

bored of education
11-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Their are 3 cornerbacks I would deem worthy of drafting in the 1st round.

Jenkins, Malcolm
Smith, Reggie
Aqib Talib Kweli.

IF one of those three are available 1st round... I say take them!

The tackle class (including youngsters) this year is as deep as ever. Long, Baker, Loadholt, Clady, Cherilus are all worthy of 1st round picks. But will 5 tackles be taken 1st round...maybe.

But their are 4 other tackles I think have what it takes to start right away.

Tony Hills
Barry Richardson
Kirk Barton
Chris Williams.

Also
Otah
Dunlap
that Heath Benedict has been labeled best LT prospect available.
Zuttah
and I saw Schwartz from Oregon this past weekend PUMMEL PEOPLE

T-RICH49
11-06-2007, 04:57 PM
agreed don't reach for a OT in RD 1 if a CB is there and he is the BPA then take him

bored of education
11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I think the 3 CBs I named are better NFL prospects than the top 3 CBs last year. And tackle is so deep this comming draft i think someone like Kirk Barton or King Dunlap has what it takes to be a future LT

villagewarrior
11-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Yeah, if you have a corner rated as a better player then a tackle then the corner should be taken. I'm still pretty partial to Cherilus though.

Hermstheman83
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know guys, Remember we have a cover 2 defense...so I don't think we need a big time CB, I'm still unsure of where we will fall, in terms of the draft.

I don't know anything about the draft picks this year(getting married...talk about stress) but I wonder if Herm is in the position of a better CB vs. a First round LT would he still stick to his board? That's a good question.....but you guys are right, I think he'd go CB myself.

bored of education
11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Well I think this:
If we can draft Loadholt or Clady then take them.

Loadholt
Clady
Hills
Richardson
Barton
Williams

all have what it take to be LTS (maybe Gosder does as well, he is more of an RT in my eyes)

Well really to me

CB/OT 1-2 either way I'd be happy. Alot of CBs look great..even picking a CB 2nd and 4th.

bored of education
11-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Ideally, I dont want the team to be in a position to draft a QB 1st day. If so Andre Woodson would be the guy i'd want the most. Erik Ainge has intangibles but may take 3 years before reachign potential

1st day
OT
CB
OLB/RB/WR/OT best available. But i wouldn't HATE 3rd round picking Booty, Ainge, Josh Johnson type Qb who will light a fire in Croyles ass. Somewhat like Trent Edwards has done to JP Losman (even though he has had time in)

adschofield
11-07-2007, 08:28 PM
My hopes for the off-season:

1. Sign Alan Faneca (sp?)

Draft
1. Ryan Clady or Loadholt
2. Tony Hills
3. John Sullivan-C- Notre Dame

Hermstheman83
11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Yea, and I think that if Ross was available this year, we'd take him over D-Bo. In terms of Corner's, What about Aquib Talib from Kansas? or he is a second day guy?

BPhilb
11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Yea, and I think that if Ross was available this year, we'd take him over D-Bo. In terms of Corner's, What about Aquib Talib from Kansas? or he is a second day guy?

He wouldn't suprise me and as of right now he appears to me about a mid first round guy. People question his speed which might put him in round 2. I think the only way we take a corner in round 1 is if the guy also is a good returner. We have more pressing needs and cover 2 corners can be gotten later, but Drummond is brutal and that would be the only thing I can see pushing us to a corner in round 1.

Hermstheman83
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Yea, I think a returner can be found in the third and fourth rounds. Which is where a cover-2 cb can be found as well....