PDA

View Full Version : Official: Adam "PacMan" Jones suspended for season

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Roger Goodell informed Jones today that he will not be returning to the NFL this season.

This is per John Clayton of ESPN, and was just on SportsCenter. Link to the article on ESPN. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097764)

PacMan still has pending trials for the Las Vegas incident and a felony charge in Georgia also, so I'm assuming that more suspension time will be tacked on if he's convicted of those. Not that it hurts the Titans, as he's lost favor with many coaches and fans. Oh, and not to mention the team has a Top 3 defense without him.

bigbluedefense
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
The Titans are better off without him anyway.

stephenson86
11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
word to BBD

Ewing
11-06-2007, 05:36 PM
The Titans are better off without him anyway.

It'd be nice to have a shutdown corner but I think he's too much of a problem to have on the team. Maybe we can get Mike Jenkins in the draft.

Moses
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
So does this mean his behavior wasn't up to par or what?

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I dunno. Jared Allen's suspension was reduced, and I think Allen did anything special.

I stand by the opinion that PacMan's punishment didn't fit the crime, but instead the amount of attention received from ESPN. If he's convicted of the Las Vegas and Georgia incidents, though, then this ofcourse changes.

Splat
11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I dunno. Jared Allen's suspension was reduced, and I think Allen did anything special.

I stand by the opinion that PacMan's punishment didn't fit the crime, but instead the amount of attention received from ESPN. If he's convicted of the Las Vegas and Georgia incidents, though, then this ofcourse changes.

Jared Allen did everything he was asked to do and he didn't go to the club an hour before he had his meeting like Pac.

yourfavestoner
11-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Jared Allen did everything he was asked to do and he didn't go to the club an hour before he had his meeting like Pac.

Did anything happen at the club? No. Pacman Jones has done everything he's been asked to do as well.

zoinks
11-06-2007, 09:12 PM
In the wake of the Vegas shooting, Jones met with Goodell, and indicated to the commissioner that he would refrain from hanging out in bars and strip clubs.

A month later, Pac's name was once again connected to another drive-by shooting following another nightclub confrontation. And once again, Pacman's entourage was directly implicated in the incident.

I'm sure Goodell was ecstatic to hear this news.

And of course, there's also the matter of trying to hide two arrests from the league, and trying to lie about it.

Pac may not have done anything illegal.....but he sure as hell hasn't done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt, or time off for good behavior.

bored of education
11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Allen also partook in some community involvement programs

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
PacMan is one half to the TNA Tag Team Champions! Does that count for nothing?!

diabsoule
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
PacMan is one half to the TNA Tag Team Champions! Does that count for nothing?!

Yeah, it does. Its showing him where his future lies.

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
To be honest, he has more of a future being a popcorn vender if he doesn't get his act together.

OzTitan
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
There is no way the Titans are "better without him", even if he's just returning punts. But a CB like Jones on our D right now would be just brutal for offenses. He was basically a shutdown CB on the much weaker 06 D and he was a huge part of the successful finish last season, huge.

Chances are though he wouldn't have contributed much this season anyway. He hasn't played a snap for ages and Fisher wouldn't bench Harper or Finnegan who are both playing pretty well, no way in hell. Hopefully he'll return in 08 with Finny, Griff and Hope to make the NFL's best new secondary :)

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 10:26 PM
PacMan's punt returns were the difference in a 5-11 season and the 8-8 one we finished with. Nevertheless, I like the chemistry we have now and if the addition of Pac would possibly mess with that then I'd rather not risk it. Just in this case, we have no choice.

yourfavestoner
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
In the wake of the Vegas shooting, Jones met with Goodell, and indicated to the commissioner that he would refrain from hanging out in bars and strip clubs.

A month later, Pac's name was once again connected to another drive-by shooting following another nightclub confrontation. And once again, Pacman's entourage was directly implicated in the incident.

I'm sure Goodell was ecstatic to hear this news.

And of course, there's also the matter of trying to hide two arrests from the league, and trying to lie about it.

Pac may not have done anything illegal.....but he sure as hell hasn't done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt, or time off for good behavior.

Um...no they weren't. They were questioned because they were there. Investigators made that very clear.

Cashmoney
11-06-2007, 10:36 PM
who cares? good riddance.