PDA

View Full Version : My Week 9 Power Rankings

TimD
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
1. New England Patriots 9-0
-This is a give-in, considering they are the only undefeated after coming back against Indy.

2. Indianapolis Colts 7-1
-Sad to see them blow a 10 point fourth quarter lead.

3. Dallas Cowboys 7-1
-T.O. sure looked to be having fun in Philly this past Sunday.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers 6-2
-Big Ben is making a case for his team to be mentioned with the likes of New England and Indy.

5. Green Bay Packers 7-1
-Brett Farve looks like a man who wants to double his ring collection before he leaves the game.

6. New York Giants 6-2
-6 straight wins is impressive, but can they make is 7 against a tough Dallas?

7. Detroit Lions 6-2
-Matt Millen for Executive of the Year?

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5-3
-Earnest Who? 278 Yards in his past 3 games while Garcia plays mistake free ball.

9. Tennessee Titans 6-2
-Wow who would have thought they'd be 6-2?

10. Cleveland Browns 5-3
-Crazy that they started the season with Mr. Frye as their QB.

11. New Orleans Saints 4-4
-Drew Brees is back as are the Saints, winners of 4 straight.

12. Jacksonville Jaguars 5-3
-David Garrard needs to come back...soon. Stroud may be out 4 weeks, too.

13. Minnesota Vikings 3-5
-What do you get when you add Peterson + Bollinger? Well you get Peterson carrying the team on his back again.

14. Kansas City Chiefs 4-4
-It should be interesting to see what Priest Holmes does.

15. Washington Redskins 5-3
-Well its not much of an accomplishment to beat the Jets, especially in overtime.

16. Buffalo Bills 4-4
-After Miami they should be 5-4 when New England comes to town in Week 11.

17. San Diego Chargers 4-4
-Wow Norv Turner. Wow.

18. Seattle Seahawks 4-4
-1st Place in the NFL's worst division.

19. Carolina Panthers 4-4
-Talk about your QB problems. Ouch.

20. Baltimore Ravens 4-4
-In their defense they were missing their 2 starting CBs. Maybe we'll see Kyle Boller next week...

21. Philadelphia Eagles 3-5
-Well Dallas is a good team. They go to Washington this week.

22. Chicago Bears 3-5
-Is it time to start Orten? Plus they probably hate watching Thomas Jones in NY.

23. Houston Texans 4-5
-Before all the injuries, they weren't looking too bad. Lets see if a healthy Schaub and A. Johnson can add a spark to this team.

24. Cincinnati Bengals 2-6
-I could have sworn that Palmer predicted a 70% Completion and the Chad said he'd go over 2000 Yards.

25. Denver Broncos 3-5
-We know they are looking to rebound after last weeks embarrassment.

26. San Francsisco 49ers 2-6
-Will they stop this 6 game losing streak? We know New England hopes they don't.

27. Arizona Cardinals 3-5
-Another team that is having some serious QB problems.

28. Atlanta Falcons 2-6
-At least Warrick Dunn is back.

29. New York Jets 1-8
-And the Kellen Clemens era has begun!

30. Oakland Raiders 2-6
-Its time for JaMarcus, enough said.

31. Saint Louis Rams 0-8
-I don't think anyone saw this coming.

32. Miami Dolphins 0-8
-It is time for Beck, enough said.

Comment Please!

Crazy_Chris
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Nice to see some support for the Vikes but 13 is too high. And also our record is acually 3-5 not 4-4.

TimD
11-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Nice to see some support for the Vikes but 13 is too high. And also our record is acually 3-5 not 4-4.

Oops... Changed it...

umphrey
11-07-2007, 12:23 AM
GB, Pit, Dal are a tossup at this point.

Packers have been doing great but haven't been dominant at all.

Dallas has a questionable defense and I don't know about Romo in the post season.

Pitt lost to Denver and Arizona.

All good teams with question marks.

KCJ58
11-07-2007, 12:27 AM
switch #31 and #32

Addict
11-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Millen exec of the year? No... Marinelli is an option for coach of the year though...

Burns336
11-07-2007, 02:16 AM
GB, Pit, Dal are a tossup at this point.

Packers have been doing great but haven't been dominant at all.

Dallas has a questionable defense and I don't know about Romo in the post season.

Pitt lost to Denver and Arizona.

All good teams with question marks.

Yeah Dallas' number 6 overall defense sure is sketchy... and are you really trying to bring up Romo's botched snap? I'm pretty sure the guy has proven he can get it done when it counts.

Pitt's losses to Denver and AZ are a sign that they are probably still a year away from doing serious damage since those are games they most certainly should have won, but do you really think GB with a non-existent running game could play with Pitt? IMO no.

Putting GB on the same level as Dallas and Pitt is just a GB fan with wishful thinking. I'd stick them with the Giant's until they play Dallas which will be a good measuring stick. Giant's can also improve their stock with a win this weekend at home against the 'boys.

skinzzfan25
11-07-2007, 05:28 AM
KC without Larry Johnson shouldn't be at 14.

Jvig43
11-07-2007, 08:20 AM
uhhhh tampa bay 8? over the titans? ummmmm yeahh, im gonna have to go ahead and ask you to uh please change that. yeeeaaaaahhhhhh

otherwise alright rankings

TitleTown088
11-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Don't really understand how you can put a 6-2 team over a 7-1 team, but hey I'm not complaining too much.

Jakey
11-07-2007, 08:37 AM
I'd agree with that, even though i think the Steelers are a better team than the Pack', i'd have to put the Packers ahead of us, simply becuse we lost to the Bronco's!!! (but after that spanking we put on the Ravens, i think we are getting back to form)

Number 10
11-07-2007, 09:18 AM
The top 3 teams in the NFL are the Pats-Colts-Steelers....no questions asked.

princefielder28
11-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah Dallas' number 6 overall defense sure is sketchy... and are you really trying to bring up Romo's botched snap? I'm pretty sure the guy has proven he can get it done when it counts.

Pitt's losses to Denver and AZ are a sign that they are probably still a year away from doing serious damage since those are games they most certainly should have won, but do you really think GB with a non-existent running game could play with Pitt? IMO no.

Putting GB on the same level as Dallas and Pitt is just a GB fan with wishful thinking. I'd stick them with the Giant's until they play Dallas which will be a good measuring stick. Giant's can also improve their stock with a win this weekend at home against the 'boys.

The Packers have started to develop a bit of a running game with Ryan Grant and it helped get them two road wins against the AFC West

Splat
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Vikings are way to high.

VoteLynnSwan
11-07-2007, 11:10 AM
with the way the Packers have played, they should be about 4-4 right now... They are NOT better than the Steelers, even the Giants and the Lions could make a case for being higher.

Burns336
11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
The Packers have started to develop a bit of a running game with Ryan Grant and it helped get them two road wins against the AFC West

Not so sure that establishing a running game against the Broncos counts as anything...

umphrey
11-07-2007, 04:01 PM

Well even though pretty much everything you said was putting words in my mouth, I'll respond anyway.

I think those 3 teams (Pitt, GB, Dal) are all too close to say who's better right now.

In the post season I think Dal will be the first to falter, their team is way too shaky with a 2nd year QB, 1st year HC, and TO. And I still think their defense will be exploited by good OC.

Pitt is very good as well, but their 2 questionable losses make you wonder. Rookie HC like Dallas. Still, very solid team that would most likely be in the NFC championship game but they are AFC.

Packers I feel are a very solid team. Good defense and a leader at QB, things you look for in a playoff team. I like McCarthy as a coach. Good team but won't win in the playoffs if they make mistakes.

PS and I love how we easily beat the Giants, then they go on a winning streak against a bunch of crappy teams and suddenly they are as good or better than us.

Vikes99ej
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Vikes way too high.

TimD
11-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Okay so what I get from this is that the Vikes and KC are too high. The GB, Dallas, Piitsburgh is a tossup. I personally think that Tampa is better than Tenn.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I love how we easily beat the Giants, then they go on a winning streak against a bunch of crappy teams and suddenly they are as good or better than us.

The giants are a completely different team. Jacobs is back so our offense is focussed more on pounding the ball behind our oline. On d the difference is night and day, just saying the game would go completely differently now. We would probably still if you guys played as well as you did that game but it would still be a lot closer.

Wyndham
11-07-2007, 05:29 PM

Meh. Favre was the only reason Green Bay beat KC, not Grant. The Chiefs stone-walled the Packers running game.

Running for 100 yards on the Broncos is obligatory. I wasn't impressed with that mediocre performance.

Moses
11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Meh. Favre was the only reason Green Bay beat KC, not Grant. The Chiefs stone-walled the Packers running game.

Running for 100 yards on the Broncos is obligatory. I wasn't impressed with that mediocre performance.

Agreed. The Packers have put together a few nice drives with the running game throughout the season but they haven't sustained it for the entire game or been able to run in the 4th quarter.