PDA

View Full Version : Something we are overlooking? Or am I crazy?

PoopSandwich
11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
The Patriots are probably going to have a top 10 pick this year!

Unless the 49'rs start playing some damn offense then they have a possibility of having a top 10 pick.

However, their schedule is fairly weak the rest of the way... But that is a scary possibility.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
People have been talking about this for weeks.

neko4
11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Its complete BS that the commish and whover else makes the decisions didnt take away both the pat's first rounders and atleast 250 from the organization

soybean
11-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Its complete BS that the commish and whover else makes the decisions didnt take away both the pat's first rounders and atleast 250 from the organization

well you can't penalize a transaction.

it's like saying, alright you guys can't trade for randy moss because you cheated.

a draft choice is a luxury.

Jvig43
11-06-2007, 07:58 PM
haha hell yeah ive been paying attention to this. i tryt and watch the 9ers play whenever i can to try and determine how high of a draft pick we'll get. good planning and buissness mangement by BB and Scott.

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I fail to realize how Belichik and the Pats' FO planning this. The majority of the people around here believed that the 49rs had a shot at the NFC West this year, or at least the Wild Card due to the weak NFC. It's more luck than anything that San Fran has had injuries and four losses by 6 points or less.

The Pats traded down with one of their extra picks with the team that gave the best offer. That was San Francisco. They'll probably trade down again this year for, um, "insurance"...

Splat
11-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I bet they trade down to get another first round pick back just to piss off every one kinda funny.

NIN1984
11-06-2007, 08:20 PM
If they get McFadden I hope the world ends

yourfavestoner
11-06-2007, 08:41 PM
If they get McFadden I hope the world ends

If they let Samuel walk, they'll draft Malcolm Jenkins. If not, I'd expect them to take the best pass rusher or inside linebacker they can get to get some youth at those positions.

diabsoule
11-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Although it was a transaction and no one had any idea of how either team was going to do this season I still think the Patriots pick that they obtained from San Francisco should have been revoked outright or tweaked given certain circumstances (i.e. - if San Francisco fails to make the playoffs and picks in the top 10 then the draft choice is revoked, if San Francisco fails to make the playoffs but picks from picks 11-18 then New England keeps SF's pick but forfeits their first and second rounders, etc... you should get the picture).

I think it it fairly ridiculous that a team this talented, this complete, and one that has the best chance at winning a Super Bowl this year will end up with a pick in the top 10 and possibly top 5 especially considering the Spygate scandal.

bored of education
11-06-2007, 08:55 PM
They should draft matt Ryan because something is gonna happen to Brady.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
The pats should spend the 50 mil Asante will be looking for and discover a time machine to bring Michael Irvin and Deon back from their primes just to have a team everyone absolutely abhors for their cockiness and dominance.

bored of education
11-06-2007, 09:41 PM
and bring Pete Rose in as an assistant coach

BucSappy
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
If they let Samuel walk, they'll draft Malcolm Jenkins. If not, I'd expect them to take the best pass rusher or inside linebacker they can get to get some youth at those positions.

Yeah, but if they are picking in the top 5, then you don't take the 10th best player in the draft (Laurinaitis).

McFadden has more upside than any other prospect that will be available to them in all likelihood. Taking him helps them get more time of possession and even put more points on the board. They still have 2nd and 3rd round picks to spend on defense.

LonghornsLegend
11-06-2007, 10:17 PM
They will take Mcfadden because they want to take over the NFL and go undefeated 2 season in a row

J52
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
What was the trade that nettted them this?

VoteLynnSwan
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM
What was the trade that nettted them this?

SF moved up into the first round to get Joe Staley.

bored of education
11-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Well I mean something bad COULD happen to Brady?

Watchman
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I think it it fairly ridiculous that a team this talented, this complete, and one that has the best chance at winning a Super Bowl this year will end up with a pick in the top 10 and possibly top 5 especially considering the Spygate scandal.

Sounds like your are just hatin on the Pats. No big deal, plenty of people do it.

I prefer hating on the Colts myself.

wogitalia
11-08-2007, 01:27 AM
You can tell the Pats are great because everyone hates them. That is the true sign of greatness.

Great management really, always a risk but hindsight is always 20-20 and this time hindsight looks really nice for the Pats.

49ers could still get it going though, they do have some talent, just need to get healthy.

Dam8610
11-08-2007, 01:57 AM
You can tell the Pats are great because everyone hates them. That is the true sign of greatness.

Or the true sign of admitted cheaters...

brat316
11-08-2007, 02:10 AM
yeah, if they end up in the top 10, they probably going to trade back, and get a draft pick 1st round this year and 1st round next year. It a trend they are starting now, last year they had theirs and Seahawks, this year they have SF, next year who will it be.

I say they will pick......Campbell or Long the DE. Say if the SF somehow pulls a mircale out of its ass. if they do and have that momentum like the Steelers, and get their 10 wins to somehow squeeze into the playoffs, go all the way to the superbowl and lose to the Pats, better yet win against them. And then the Pats end up with the 32 well technically 31st pick overall, how amazing would that be.

diabsoule
11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Sounds like your are just hatin on the Pats. No big deal, plenty of people do it.

I prefer hating on the Colts myself.

They are admitted cheaters. The NFL evidently found enough evidence on the tapes in order to remove either a first round draft pick or their first and third round selections depending on how the season pans out. I don't know about you but that sounds pretty serious to me. It's not me "hatin" on the Patriots, it's me absolutely abhorring a team that cheats and feel that the punishment should be so severe that that team and no other team would ever want to do anything like that again. It's not only that they were caught once but twice cheating (see last years Green Bay game) and if you were stupid enough to be caught twice then you should face very harsh consequences.

Jakey
11-08-2007, 01:01 PM
This draft pick could have massive implications for the pats, even though they are solid across the board, their Defence is getting up in age...especially their linebackers, and if Asante Samuel leaves they would be getting abit thin in the secondary...this pick could get them a high tier 'backer or a high tier corner...and they wouldn't miss a beat next year. Which is a scary thought!

no love
11-08-2007, 01:09 PM
They are admitted cheaters. The NFL evidently found enough evidence on the tapes in order to remove either a first round draft pick or their first and third round selections depending on how the season pans out. I don't know about you but that sounds pretty serious to me. It's not me "hatin" on the Patriots, it's me absolutely abhorring a team that cheats and feel that the punishment should be so severe that that team and no other team would ever want to do anything like that again. It's not only that they were caught once but twice cheating (see last years Green Bay game) and if you were stupid enough to be caught twice then you should face very harsh consequences.

Actually I just hate them because they are so damn good. But I understand, everyone hated on the niners and cowboys when they were unstoppable for a decade.

They are really playing football on a whole different level, it sucks that when you want to watch great football you have to turn on a patriot game.

nfrillman
11-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I fail to realize how Belichik and the Pats' FO planning this. The majority of the people around here believed that the 49rs had a shot at the NFC West this year, or at least the Wild Card due to the weak NFC. It's more luck than anything that San Fran has had injuries and four losses by 6 points or less.

The Pats traded down with one of their extra picks with the team that gave the best offer. That was San Francisco. They'll probably trade down again this year for, um, "insurance"...

I'm sorry, but if most people thought the Niners had a shot this year then most people are incredibly stupid. I don't know how people looked at that team and thought they would be good.

Scotty D
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry, but if most people thought the Niners had a shot this year then most people are incredibly stupid. I don't know how people looked at that team and thought they would be good.

Umm. On paper it would seem like they would be better. Alex Smith has another year under his belt. Vernon Davis had a year and an off-season to improve. They added Nate Clements and were hoping on the progression of Manny Lawson. Improved the O-line by adding Joe Staley. And that is all coming off a successful year before. Of course most of their young players took a step back instead of a step forward and injuries have not allowed the 49'ers to succeed. The Niners front office thought they would succeed or else the wouldn't have traded the pick.

Jvig43
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
as cool as it would be to draft a great back like Mcfadden, theres very little chance of that happening, since we did draft Maroney two years ago. I see us going to the defensive side of the ball.

brat316
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah, if they end up in the top 10, they probably going to trade back, and get a draft pick 1st round this year and 1st round next year. It a trend they are starting now, last year they had theirs and Seahawks, this year they have SF, next year who will it be.

I say they will pick......Campbell or Long the DE. Say if the SF somehow pulls a mircale out of its ass. if they do and have that momentum like the Steelers, and get their 10 wins to somehow squeeze into the playoffs, go all the way to the superbowl and lose to the Pats, better yet win against them. And then the Pats end up with the 32 well technically 31st pick overall, how amazing would that be.

no love
11-08-2007, 06:57 PM

Because they play in the NFC west where even with a 2-6 record, they are still just 2 games out of 1st in the division. If they win against the Seahawks, they are one game back.

Even now, "incredibly stupid" is a stretch seeing as how with everyone healthy the niners could have probably pulled out another victory or two, they would be sitting at 3-5 or 4-4 right along with the Seahawks.

Babylon
11-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I dont see them taking Mcfadden for one and i doubt they would trade too far down because you're getting a less talented player.

What the league should have done as far as punishment goes is make Brady go out with normal looking women, that would show them.:)

brat316
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
i am telling u Sf wins the rest of their games = 10 wins. They squeeze into playoffs, win the playoffs because of momentum. Go into the Superbowl and beat the Pats, with a mircoule. and the Pats end up with the 31st pick

Babylon
11-08-2007, 07:48 PM
i am telling u Sf wins the rest of their games = 10 wins. They squeeze into playoffs, win the playoffs because of momentum. Go into the Superbowl and beat the Pats, with a mircoule. and the Pats end up with the 31st pick

You sort of went with the "am i crazy theme" didnt you.

bigbluedefense
11-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Theyre probably going to go after a CB.

Theres no rushbackers worth taking at that position, and definately no ILBs. Theyre set at safety, theyll probably go CB.

Or LT.