Round One

Matt Ryan - QB - Boston College

Round Two

Martin Rucker - TE - Mizzou

Round Three

Dorien Bryant - WR - Purdue

crazyisme
11-06-2007, 09:55 PM
why even draft a QB, every viking fan will just hate the guy and label him a bust after 2 games anyway...

i say the vikings remain coachless and QBless for a few years seeing as majority of viking fans are going to absolutely hate anyone and everyone we put in those positions anyway....

mqtirishfan
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
why even draft a QB, every viking fan will just hate the guy and label him a bust after 2 games anyway...

I know where you're going with this, and you are wrong.

crazyisme
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I know where you're going with this, and you are wrong.

actually, im 100% correct

litlharsh
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
actually, im 100% correct

haha, im inclined to agree. direct snap to AD

swagger
11-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I think Matt Ryan is a 16-32 type 1st round pick. I do really like him, and I think his bust factor might be less then Woodson or Brohm. But I wouldn't want to draft him if we finish 6-10 or in that vicinity.

Crazy_Chris
11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Perfect draft for me would go like this

Rd1:Kenny Phillips S Miami

Rd2:Barry Richardson OT Clemson

Rd3: Dennis Dixon QB Oregon

Rd3:Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia

Rd4:Marcus Monk WR Arkansas(might slip due to injury concerns)/Best WR

than BPA from then on

thefridge15
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
hmmm, dont like the Dixon pick

Id rather just quit *** around with our quarterbacks and draft a guy we plane on being our quarterback and a leader for years to come.

swagger
11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
If we are going to go with a crappy unproven quarterback, I'd rather go with a guy who can make plays with his feet. Maybe Dennis Dixon could be a poor man's Vince Young for us.

I can't decide if Dixon will be closer to Vince Young or Troy Smith.

Crazy_Chris
11-08-2007, 01:29 AM
There really just isn't very many QB prospects the excite outside of Matt Ryan, and Brian Brohm. Dennis Dixon is one of the though. I have said it before what he seems to me is just a overall better version of Tarvaris Jackson.

wogitalia
11-08-2007, 08:27 AM
To be honest I'm not impressed by any of the QB prospects. Dixon probably impresses me the most considered where he will likely get picked and that at least if he doesn't work out we might be able to move him to WR, so kind of a potential two birds with one stone draft pick.

I don't think our QB fix is in this draft. I'd really like to sure up a couple of more pressing needs, make do with Bollinger for the rest of this season, see how TJ does next year and if we are awful at the position make every move in our power for a truly elite QB prospect like Tebow.

crazyisme
11-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Id love that draft chris, id love it if we could land phillips, if we could honestly get him in our secondary, with winny, mccauley, grif, gordon....man man man! we just need a pass rush and we'll probably have the best defense in the league

Jim Jim
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
My opinion, as a Packers fan and watching your season closely for most of the year, you guys really need to get a QB. I don't think Jackson is the answer. I think Sidney Rice could develop into a good player, but you guys definitely need another WR out there.