PDA

View Full Version : Haloti Ngata is the best NT in the NFL

dregolll
11-07-2007, 07:32 AM
I think the best NT in the NFL is Ngata without a doubt. I know he doesn't line up there on every snap but when he does he is a force. I watched the Ravens vs Steelers game last night and he just shut down the middele when he was lined up over the center. Right now he is better than Hampton, Jamal Williams, and Vince Wilfork in my opinion. He is a force in the middle, I don't know why the Ravens keeping wasting his talents in all these stupid defensive packages such as DE.

NYGibril28
11-07-2007, 07:41 AM
I won't believe you until Skip Bayless says so

Jakey
11-07-2007, 07:54 AM
He is a force in the middle, I don't know why the Ravens keeping wasting his talents in all these stupid defensive packages such as DE.

...Because he is perfectly suited as a 3-4 DE, he is just as dominant in that role, plugging lanes and stuffing the run. He wont get big stats as a 3-4 DE, but he does exactly what a 3-4 DE is supposed to do.

Finsfan79
11-07-2007, 10:44 AM
there is a guy on that pats that came out of Miami that is far far better then Ngata is at NT.'

God I hate the pats

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I watched the Ravens vs Steelers game last night and he just shut down the middele when he was lined up over the center. Right now he is better than Hampton, Jamal Williams, and Vince Wilfork in my opinion.

That first sentence comes off like its the first time you've seen him, if not ever, at least this year. And that alone makes your statement useless because it doesn't really mean anything. How do we know you haven't seen any of the other guys?? I think he's a real good one, but those other guys are anchors for their defenses also.

Why are they wasting his talents in that scheme? how are they wasting them? You just said what a force he was playing in it? Why not let a guy 'shut down the middle'???

marks01234
11-07-2007, 11:11 AM
He isn't even the best NT in his division.

bored of education
11-07-2007, 11:16 AM
hampton is the best, i think the best easily. then williams then wilfork

BuddyCHRIST
11-07-2007, 11:33 AM
he fits pretty well at the 3-4 DE, but a 3-4 NT is so hard to find so I don't see why they wouldnt play him there.

Moses
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
he fits pretty well at the 3-4 DE, but a 3-4 NT is so hard to find so I don't see why they wouldnt play him there.

Kelly Gregg is a solid option at NT. Makes more sense to get both guys on the field in my opinion.

Man_Of_Steel
11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Hes not even the best DT in his division, Hampton is far superior.

no love
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
I can't believe you think the DE is a wasted position in the 3-4. Just look at some of the other 3-4 defenses Pats(Seymour), Chargers (Castillo), and Niners (Young) the biggest impact player on the line is the DE. The reason for this is the DE's roles can be much more versatile, you can have him 1 gap and penetrate or 2 gap and run stop. This actually allows a guy like Ngata to take full advantage of his unique athleticism and abilities.

If you stuck Ngata at NT all the time, he would be limited to playing a 2-gap role or else they would be susceptible to runs up the gut.

Yes a great 3-4 starts with a great NT, but great DE's are what makes a 3-4 so versatile. His two gap ability creates opportunities for edge rushers to get a 1-on-1 vs a back or a TE and he has the ability to rush the qb from his end spot or for an athletic guy like Ngata you can even zone blitz more (he could not do this at NT).

Ravens1991
11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
yes Ngata is a beast I am glad we got him. I wouldnt go best in the NFL yet but he is good.

fenikz
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Gabe Watson is a beast and give him a couple of years and he will definitely be up their, of course this thread is going to come down to homerism

Right I say Wilfork is the best NT in the game

Number 10
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I'll actually take Jackson, Wilfork, and Hampton over him any day.

SFbear
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Gabe Watson is a beast and give him a couple of years and he will definitely be up their, of course this thread is going to come down to homerism

Right I say Wilfork is the best NT in the game

Whats up with Alan Branch?

terribletowel39
11-07-2007, 03:35 PM
you are special, it has been said before, he isn't even the best NT in the AFC North.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Whats up with Alan Branch?

didn't they move him to DE to use his athleticism and versatility like Ngata.

Mr. Stiller
11-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I think the best NT in the NFL is Ngata without a doubt. I know he doesn't line up there on every snap but when he does he is a force. I watched the Ravens vs Steelers game last night and he just shut down the middele when he was lined up over the center. Right now he is better than Hampton, Jamal Williams, and Vince Wilfork in my opinion. He is a force in the middle, I don't know why the Ravens keeping wasting his talents in all these stupid defensive packages such as DE.

You do realize we have the worst starting RG in the NFL.. not to mention our C is mediocre as well.

And in fact, 70-80% of the time Gregg was lined up over the Center..

Not to mention the reason they shut down the run is that the Ravens literally sold out to stop the run. Hence the 5 Passing TD's.

benchod
11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
What happened to Jamal Williams?

KCJ58
11-07-2007, 11:26 PM
he's on the Ravens so it make take some time to believe this statement

crazyisme
11-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Pat is the best DT in the league, hes the reason why the BEST run stopping defense in the league is the best in the league, going by results, Pat Williams is the King of the DT while Kevin Williams is the Kong

Pat is a God!

CC.SD
11-10-2007, 06:05 PM
What happened to Jamal Williams?

He is still a God, he has been recovering from a scope though.

The Unseen
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Is that all you do, dregolll? Talk about DTs?