PDA

View Full Version : the Lions scare me..

Jagonsucker
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Here we are 6-2..just like 1999 when we we were at 6-2 and beat the rams who were at the time the best team in the NFL...and we went 8-8. Anybody else see this happening? We have an incredibly tough schedual coming up, and im still not convinced on our secondary. Getting blown out 56-21 and 24-3 really sends a huge red flag and to be honest..we havent beat any good teams yet. I hope im wrong but i just see the Lions fizzling out. Anyone else see this happening?

JPLUFF
11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
As long as Paul Edinger doesn't come back and knock us out of playoff contention again (even though that was 2000), I'm not gonna sweat it. It's the NFL and you never know what's gonna happen (LJ's injury for example). As long as we're healthy and keep playing strong at home, this is a playoff team.

asmitty45
11-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Here's the way i look at it,

Should Win's: @ AZ, @ MIN,

50/50 maybe we are slightly favored: vs KC, vs GB

Not favored, but still could win: @GB, vs DAL, @ SD, vs NYG

If we win both games against the teams we should beat we are (8-2) then we win one of the games we are 50/50 on we are (9-3) then if we take 1 of the 4 we aren't favored in we are (10-6)

This is worst case scenario if you ask me, cuz i think we should beat KC and GB at home, and I think we are good enough to knock of NYG and DAL at home too.

I would say that there is NO reason we shouldnt be at least 10-6, but my inner Lion fan says that I may be getting too far ahead of myself

Jagonsucker
11-12-2007, 01:30 PM
well if there was ANY chance we were gonna win 10 games, we had to win against the cardinals. No excuse for that pathetic display of football. WE cant win on the road, and we are in serious trouble if Kjones and Bryant are injured. im not even gonna say we go 8-8 anymore, i say we go 7-9. Way to get everyones hopes up detroit, too bad i wasnt falling for it. FIRE MILLEN

detroitsports
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
At 6-3 if we can beat the Giants we would have the tiebreaker for wild card over them. I think we can beat GB at home, and KC and Minnesota (Especially without A.D.) That puts us at 10-6. I dont see the Giants having a better record than that. I would call the Giants game a "must win."

Xiomera
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
At 6-3 if we can beat the Giants we would have the tiebreaker for wild card over them. I think we can beat GB at home, and KC and Minnesota (Especially without A.D.) That puts us at 10-6. I dont see the Giants having a better record than that. I would call the Giants game a "must win."

I am not so sure we can beat Green Bay at home or away this year . . . I changed my tune a little after seeing the two games yesterday.

asmitty45
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM
They have officially proven me wrong

Addict
11-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Essentially the Lions' success depends on one thing: how much time does Kitna spend on the floor.

Count it out, if the line gives him some time, and gives him the protection we freakin' pay them good money for -> Lions win.

If they get to the QB, we lose.

And Martz needs to get his own boner for passhappiness downed, and can get it into his skull that nobody wins football games with only four runs, we'll manage to get some more games.

In all, don't read too much into the game, we've won unlikely ones, so it's very well possible we still end up with a good (winning?) record.

Quite frankly, it's time to decide guys, either you're on the bandwagon, or you're off, but let's stop cheering and jumping ship every other week.

TacticaLion
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Essentially the Lions' success depends on one thing: how much time does Kitna spend on the floor.

Count it out, if the line gives him some time, and gives him the protection we freakin' pay them good money for -> Lions win.

If they get to the QB, we lose.

And Martz needs to get his own boner for passhappiness downed, and can get it into his skull that nobody wins football games with only four runs, we'll manage to get some more games.

In all, don't read too much into the game, we've won unlikely ones, so it's very well possible we still end up with a good (winning?) record.

Quite frankly, it's time to decide guys, either you're on the bandwagon, or you're off, but let's stop cheering and jumping ship every other week.Part in bold: you're right. I have a hard time with the game because I think we could've (and should've) won it (8 carries in 60 minutes!?), but it's just 1 game and we're in great shape.

I also thought that we'd lose the Denver game and win this one, so we're OK. A strong showing against the Giants will say a lot.