PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp working on keeping Bills in Buffalo!!!!!!!!!

Bills2083
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp Huddle to Keep Bills in Buffalo

Updated:var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Nov 7, 2007 1:50 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date); Nov 7, 2007 01:50 PM EST

(November 7, 2007) - - Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly says he has a buyer lined up to purchase the team from owner Ralph Wilson. News 4's Mylous Hairston has more on the effort to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Known for his ability to run the Bills' high powered no huddle offense to perfection, Jim Kelly is now huddling with a new team, a team with money and power that wants to keep the franchise in Western New York.

Speculation about the team's future has increased in recent weeks since the Bills announced plans to move two games for the next five years from Ralph Wilson Stadium to the Rogers Centre in Toronto.

The Bills say it expands their market and will secure the team's future here. Many fans believe it will open the door for the team to move to Toronto.

On 97 Rock Wednesday morning, Jim Kelly revealed he's talked with Ralph Wilson and people who are interested in buying the team.

Former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly said, "He knows how serious, not only Jack Kemp, but myself are, about keeping the Bills in Western New York. And I'll tell you what, I know the people, I know a couple of people that have come to me and have the money to pay it in cash. I guess the best thing I can say is that I will do everything in my power to make sure the people I align myself with and the people Jack Kemp aligns himself with makes sure that team stays here in Western New York."

Kelly didn't go into details about the people with the cash.

All of this may be good news for Bills fans who are worried about what will happen with the team when its 89-year-old owner is no longer around.

woooooooohoooooooooooooooo

art vandelay
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
This is excellent news. There is too much history and tradition in Buffalo to move the team.

Billingsley26
11-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes Sir! Very happy to hear this,

especially coming from a Canadian.