PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Monk

fenikz
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
6'6", WR out of Arkansas, who has put up huge numbers over his career but has been hurt most of this season. He had the option to red shirt and come back next year but decided he wanted to play so he will be coming out. Where do you expect he will get drafted? Without the injuries I thought he would of been a late 1st round-early 2nd but I don't know now.

princefielder28
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
He'll be a 3rd round pick at best. With his injuries teams will be a little hesitant to really go after him early. Whatever team does get him and lets him get healthy will have a very nice receiver on their squad.

songofthesword
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
He'll be a 3rd round pick at best. With his injuries teams will be a little hesitant to really go after him early. Whatever team does get him and lets him get healthy will have a very nice receiver on their squad.

being an arkansas fan I can provide a little insight:

I wouldn't draft him personally unless he was available in the 5th round or later. He's tall and very very athletic (rivals top 100 basketball player coming out of highschool, was originally a duel sport athlete and considered a better basketball player than football.. still might very well be)

however he isn't the best route runner i've ever seen, and he hates going across the middle. he has alligator arms whenenever he knows he is going tog et hit and his dropies and "I'm not catching that crap because I don't want to get hit" plays have costs arkansas games in the past, espically LSU.

In round 3-4 there are better receivers. late 2nd day he's well worth the gamble. doesn't have game breaking speed but I doubt anyone in the NFL can out jump him

brat316
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
hmmmm yeah, if you could pick that out then so would NFL scouts, also this reminds me of Tod Pinkston. Someone will take a chance just to throw fade routes to him in the 5th through 7th.

BuddyCHRIST
11-08-2007, 11:46 PM
I would say alot also depends on how he runs.