PDA

View Full Version : Best Run Blockers

cordscords
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Can somebody please help me out with a short list of who the best run blockers are on the offensive line? As a Packers fan I'm not overly concerned about the RB situation heading into '08, but the offensive line. We have really struggled in the ZBS to open up holes for our backs, although Brett has all the time in the world to throw.

Help would be appreciated :)

Matthew Jones
11-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Jake Long and Gosder Cherilus are probably the top two senior run blockers. Eric Young at guard, Chris McDuffie as well, and I like Drew Miller at center personally, but he's ranked kind of low by Scott.

Apriori
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Jake Long, in addition to being a monster, has played in the ZBS for 2-3 years now. Unfortunately I don't think the Packers will get an opportunity to draft him.

Adam Kraus, a guard also from Michigan, does fairly well in the ZBS but I don't know how he projects as a pro and from Scott's ranking of him, I'd guess that he's a second-day pick at the moment.

P-L
11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Jake Long is the best run blocker in the nation.

PACKmanN
11-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Remember the linemen have to be under 300 pounds so they could fit our ZBS and right now 3 of our starters aren't.(Ciflton, Tauscher, and Coston.) We need to dump this scheme and move Colledge to LT where he is better suited, bring in Alan Faneca and we should be fine.

I know this doesn't fit the topic but what were your thoughts about Daryn Colledge around draft time and now?

The best run blockers are the ones listed above but I would add Kirk Barton, Kerry Brown, and Fernando Velasco.

Babylon
11-07-2007, 08:22 PM
The two guys on the left side of the Sooners o-line, they block out the sun.

cordscords
11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the responses so far guys. Any more sleepers like Adam Kraus or Drew Miller that have been mentioned would be awesome.

PACKmanN- I liked Colledge when we drafted him. I thought he showed flashes of potential his rookie year and expected him to improve more this season, but he's regressed in a big way. It's time to add some depth to the O-Line as he and Spitz havent been the players I expected them to be.

Sniper
11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
1. Jake Long

2. Everyone else.

bigboiajhawk
11-10-2007, 11:32 PM
PACKmanN- I liked Colledge when we drafted him. I thought he showed flashes of potential his rookie year and expected him to improve more this season, but he's regressed in a big way. It's time to add some depth to the O-Line as he and Spitz havent been the players I expected them to be.

Totally agree with this statement, I think the packers need to get someone with a mean streak and add some fight to the o-line, we cant push anyone.

TACKLE
11-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Jeff Otah from Pitt is a dominant run blocker who is really underrated.