PDA

View Full Version : Scott, What Are You DOING?

wakefan31
11-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Just a few weeks ago, Minnesota receiver Ernie Wheelright was your #13 rated receiver. Now, he's rated #46, second from last.

I would LOVE to hear how a player can go from 13th best to 46th best in his receiver class. Is that even possible?

Good lord...:eek:

Nothing against you but that's a bit ridiculous!

Babylon
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Just a few weeks ago, Minnesota receiver Ernie Wheelright was your #13 rated receiver. Now, he's rated #46, second from last.

I would LOVE to hear how a player can go from 13th best to 46th best in his receiver class. Is that even possible?

Good lord...:eek:

Nothing against you but that's a bit ridiculous!

While you have him on the line ask him how Jordy Nelson is #16, that to me is borderline insane(no offense).

wakefan31
11-07-2007, 07:01 PM
While you have him on the line ask him how Jordy Nelson is #16, that to me is borderline insane(no offense).

I agree with that as well...the kid is having an All-American like season...yet he's behind guys like Paul Hubbard!?!?

ironman4579
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
You have to think the last rankings update was in something like September. Nelson I could see moving up. Wheelwrite(couldn't spell it for the life of me) on the other hand never deserved to be that high anyway.

wakefan31
11-07-2007, 07:09 PM
You have to think the last rankings update was in something like September. Nelson I could see moving up. Wheelwrite(couldn't spell it for the life of me) on the other hand never deserved to be that high anyway.

No, but he is a lot better than #46!

BucSappy
11-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm sure Ernie Wheelwright just has NFL scouts drooling.

fischbowl
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm sure Ernie Wheelwright just has NFL scouts drooling.

not even. If he came out last year, he would of been a fourth round pick. Gopher football is just plain bad.

bearsfan_51
11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
I agree with that as well...the kid is having an All-American like season...yet he's behind guys like Paul Hubbard!?!?Paul Hubbard is a good prospect, I think he's a first day guy.

The bigger questions would be why Tommy Blake and Chad Henne are still 1st round prosecpts. I mean...Tommy Blake? Really? He could go undrafted.

princefielder28
11-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I get to see every Gophers game and Ernie Wheelwright was a legit at being the 13th overall WR coming into this season. He's a big wideout that doesn't have world class speed but he can get downfield and makes plays. He can go up and get it in the red zone and could be a very solid #3 in the NFL.

SuperKevin
11-08-2007, 03:15 AM
Paul Hubbard is a good prospect, I think he's a first day guy.

The bigger questions would be why Tommy Blake and Chad Henne are still 1st round prosecpts. I mean...Tommy Blake? Really? He could go undrafted.

I don't think Tommy Blake goes undrafted. Someone will draft him in the 3rd round in hopes that he gets that desire to play again. He's too talented

D-Fence
11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Paul Hubbard is a good prospect, I think he's a first day guy.

Tommy Blake undrafted? :confused: Not a chance in hell.

bearsfan_51
11-08-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't think Tommy Blake goes undrafted. Someone will draft him in the 3rd round in hopes that he gets that desire to play again. He's too talented
I know I was being dramatic, though I think 4th round is more likely. The point is that he is certainly not the 14th best senior prospect in the draft.

I mean....he went AWOL at TCU, apparently due to the pressure. The pressure of playing at TCU. Would YOU draft him in the first 3-4 rounds? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Scott Wright
11-09-2007, 03:43 AM
Like the rest of the Gophers team Wheelwright has been terrible this year which is why he dropped. I was obviously much higher on him than most and thought he could be in store for a big senior season but that has not been the case. At this point I'd be shocked if he were drafted, although he still could get a chance as an undrafted free agent.

As for Jordy Nelson, his stock is definitely on the rise but unless he runs better than a 4.65 like he has in the past I don't see him as anything more than a mid-rounder, at best.

On Tommy Blake, he will be drafted but if I were him I would STRONGLY consider taking a redshirt if he can get one.

soily
11-09-2007, 11:01 PM
LOL, 4.65 when he was injured. He's ran many sub 4.4 40's while at K-State. You'd think a guy who runs a draft site would be aware of this. Nelson was a track star in high school, and ran 10.6 100's.

TimD
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
On Tommy Blake, he will be drafted but if I were him I would STRONGLY consider taking a redshirt if he can get one.

If I'm not mistaken, I could have sworn he played last week and will play this week.

Babylon
11-10-2007, 12:29 AM
LOL, 4.65 when he was injured. He's ran many sub 4.4 40's while at K-State. You'd think a guy who runs a draft site would be aware of this. Nelson was a track star in high school, and ran 10.6 100's.

Scott isnt alone, most people that dabble in mocks and some that even do this stuff for a living seem to be cool on Nelson. There certainly seems to be some bias against the white wideouts in general but at the end of the day when he turns heads at the combine his stock will go through the roof and he'll probably either be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. One guy made the point on this board that if Matt Jones and Anthony Gonzalez can be 1st round picks then Jordy certainly can.

foozball
11-10-2007, 03:04 AM
ernie wheelright has not been terrible. he has 53 receptions for 656 yards and a team leading 9 touchdowns. i fail to see how that is terrible.

wakefan31
11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
ernie wheelright has not been terrible. he has 53 receptions for 656 yards and a team leading 9 touchdowns. i fail to see how that is terrible.

Exactly...if anything, he's the only bright spot that they've had this season.

wakefan31
03-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Like the rest of the Gophers team Wheelwright has been terrible this year which is why he dropped. I was obviously much higher on him than most and thought he could be in store for a big senior season but that has not been the case. At this point I'd be shocked if he were drafted, although he still could get a chance as an undrafted free agent.

As for Jordy Nelson, his stock is definitely on the rise but unless he runs better than a 4.65 like he has in the past I don't see him as anything more than a mid-rounder, at best.

Scott, Wheelright is now rated as your #61 rated receiver! He had the best season of his career this past season! Come on man, that's not right!

neko4
03-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I guess Minnesota is suffering the Notre DAme effect

SKim172
03-29-2008, 01:51 PM
This topic is at least 4 months old.

Addict
03-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Good lord the guy is making 400 scouting reports for us to read and you're complaining about rankings he made god knows when? Please just appreciate the work he puts into this website and stop complaining, the update will come, stop whining already.

wonderbredd24
03-29-2008, 02:14 PM
if I'm not mistaken, Scott lives in Minnesota and is stuck with Gopher football whether he wants it or not

The high ranking for Wheelwright certainly would support that

toonsterwu
03-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I think Wheelwright will get drafted, but it'll be late. A solid pro day certainly helped (translated was likely a high 4.5 time). So, he's an inconsistent possession type WR? That doesn't grade too highly for most. BEst case, I'd guess late 5th if someone fell in love. But he could easily go undrafted. A guy like MArtin Nance went undrafted, and he was probably a better overall talent (granted, there were some injury concerns with Nance).

Abaddon
03-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Scott, why do you insist on ranking players the way you see them stacking up rather than doing whatever you can to appease the fans? What are you DOING???

The Legend
03-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Scott, why do you insist on ranking players the way you see them stacking up rather than doing whatever you can to appease the fans? What are you DOING???

1st of why do you insist you know what scotts doing how long have you been apart of this site?

i love how people always criticize other rankings, with out looking at there point of view, rankings are not to appease to fans its about where they really rank

Cashmoney
03-29-2008, 03:04 PM
1st of why do you insist you know what scotts doing how long have you been apart of this site?

i love how people always criticize other rankings, with out looking at there point of view, rankings are not to appease to fans its about where they really rank

He was being sarcastic.

Abaddon
03-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Think he feels a little stupid for not catching that? I know I would.

ironman4579
03-29-2008, 03:07 PM

You completely missed the point of his post.

The Legend
03-29-2008, 03:12 PM
that i did, stupid not so much but actually im just glad hes not another rookie coming on the site complaining

georgiafan
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
But he could easily go undrafted. A guy like MArtin Nance went undrafted, and he was probably a better overall talent (granted, there were some injury concerns with Nance).

Whatever happend to him ? I thought he would be a good pro

toonsterwu
03-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Didn't Nance see some action with the Vikings at one point? I think that was 2 years ago, but I think he was on their practice squad last year.

Abaddon
03-29-2008, 08:18 PM
that i did, stupid not so much but actually im just glad hes not another rookie coming on the site complaining

It happens. Sometimes the guy on the wall shoots a little prematurely. But, as Jack said, we want you on that wall. We need you on that wall.