PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson

bored of education
11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVnwwp_o-1M

What two rookies have finished the highest rushing yards wise in their 1st season?

They could both be in the top 5. 2 GREAT Rookie Runners. different styles but both awesome/

Shiver
11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Do we really need another Marshawn Lynch/Adrian Peterson thread?

Scotty D
11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I think he is more congratulating both than starting a comparison. Even though it will turn into that in about 10,9,8,7...

Ewing
11-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Both of them have really impressed him. Of current runners, Lynch reminds me a lot of Edgerrin James and Peterson reminds me of LT. Both of these guys are going to be a force in the NFL for a long time.

soybean
11-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Peterson reminds me of ricky williams when he was on the saints.

they would run to the side square their shoulders then when the hole opens up they explode through it.

LT is still more finesse.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-08-2007, 09:18 PM
AD is nothing like LT in my opinion. If anyone i think he resembles Portis when going, but even that isn't identical. Any time you compare players people can pick it apart

Smooth Criminal
11-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I havn't seen much of Peterson but I have seen Lynch many times and he has impressed me. I think he is going to be a great running back for the Bills for along time.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-09-2007, 12:32 AM
You know that the other guy in that video is Gaines Adams, not Adrian Peterson, right?

HoopsDemon12
11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
You know that the other guy in that video is Gaines Adams, not Adrian Peterson, right?

I know i was jsut about to ask that actaully

no love
11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Both of them have really impressed him. Of current runners, Lynch reminds me a lot of Edgerrin James and Peterson reminds me of LT. Both of these guys are going to be a force in the NFL for a long time.

Lynch has a similar skill set. But he is a much tougher runner and a running style that is different from any other player in the NFL. The way he runs is probably much closer to Frank Gore. They both run very low to the ground with good power and good but not great breakaway speed. These guys cut more lateral than Peterson, who cuts upfield with more explosiveness.

Of current runners AD runs a lot like Ronnie Brown, but even more explosive. If Ronnie Brown were 15 lbs lighter he might be as explosive as peterson, but he still would not have his instincts.

Man_Of_Steel
11-09-2007, 02:12 PM

AD really isnt like LT at all. As someone else mentioned hes more like Williams running style.

bored of education
11-09-2007, 02:31 PM
i know its gaines..but you see Marsh....dude is a clown.

ImBrotherCain
11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Well i really wish the Bills didnt pick up Lynch cause he would have looked great in a Packers Uni... But to get to the point AD is phenomenal but i think he might get injured the way he runs. Lynch impresses me every time i see him(Which is quite often being in western NY). He runs with such authority. Just when you think hes down you see him getting tackled 5 yards up field. These guys are just amazing.

LonghornsLegend
11-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Peterson reminds me of ricky williams when he was on the saints.

i posted about how similiar their running styles were back during draft time, if you look at ricky williams youtube highlights and texas and petersons at oklahoma they are eerily similiar in running styles

KILLERSANTA
11-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Adrian Peterson is a god among babies.

jballa838
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
lynch has "beast mode"
game over

remix 6
11-09-2007, 09:33 PM
theres a video on NFL.com of Lynch wired

its great. He has fun out there..hes laughing. Had a little thing going with Justin Smith of Bengals. Had the old fantasy "whos your mama" CHAMPIONSHIP

must watch. funny dude.