PDA

View Full Version : Adarius Bowman vs. Aqib Talib

BucSappy
11-08-2007, 04:50 PM
HUGE matchup of two first round prospects, both juniors, going at it under Saturday Night Lights on ESPN. Oklahoma State and Kansas square off in this Big 12 North matchup, and while I am by no means a Big 12 fan, or fan of either of these programs I am psyched to see these athletes go at it head to head.

What are your thoughts on this matchup? Who will come out ahead? Will one of the players see a rise/fall in their draft stock after this game?

NYGibril28
11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't think you'll be able to get an accurate account of their matchup. It's so hard to judge the secondary watching on TV.

Babylon
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
HUGE matchup of two first round prospects, both juniors, going at it under Saturday Night Lights on ESPN. Oklahoma State and Kansas square off in this Big 12 North matchup, and while I am by no means a Big 12 fan, or fan of either of these programs I am psyched to see these athletes go at it head to head.

What are your thoughts on this matchup? Who will come out ahead? Will one of the players see a rise/fall in their draft stock after this game?

Talib likes to play tight man to man so it will be interesting, as a point of referance Jordy Nelson had 10 catches for about a 140 yds when they played Kansas. Like both guys but not sure if either is a 1st rounder.

derza222
11-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Just for the record Bowman is a senior, not a junior. Not sure who will come out on top, kind of depends on how Talib handles Bowman's size. As mentioned he had a little trouble on Nelson, especially on one play in particular where Nelson caught a well placed throw and just blew right by him after the catch. Bowman isn't as fast as Nelson, so I think Talib should keep up with him better than Nelson, but his strength could pose a problem. Big game for both players' stock. I don't think Talib completely shuts him down, Bowman should get his catches, but he could make a big play like he did at the end of the KSU game because he's got very solid ball skills. Interesting matchup.

PACKmanN
11-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Talib likes to play tight man to man so it will be interesting, as a point of referance Jordy Nelson had 10 catches for about a 140 yds when they played Kansas. Like both guys but not sure if either is a 1st rounder.

Talib likes to play bump-and-run? for example like Harris and Woodson?

kmartin575
11-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I guess this matchup ended early when Talib took a cheapshot at Bowman's knees.

iowatreat54
11-10-2007, 10:21 PM

yea, good one...

yo123
11-11-2007, 12:49 AM

Explain how that was a cheap shot please. Your taught to tackle low, but your probably right, he should have went for his midsection and bounced off... its not like he had a size disadvantage at all...

adschofield
11-11-2007, 12:50 AM

Yeah, that was uncalled for...this is two-hand touch football...when Talib put his hands on Bowman he was down, but he felt the need to actually tackle him...what is the world coming to? When will the NCAA ever crack down on repeat offenders like Aqib Talib? Anybody want to start a petition? For the sake of college football's future, I, for one, will be the first to sign because I hate fundamental tackle football and physical play. BAN AQIB TALIB...make him play that fundamental, physical football in D-2

Billingsley26
11-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, that was uncalled for...this is two-hand touch football...when Talib put his hands on Bowman he was down, but he felt the need to actually tackle him...what is the world coming to? When will the NCAA ever crack down on repeat offenders like Aqib Talib? Anybody want to start a petition? For the sake of college football's future, I, for one, will be the first to sign because I hate fundamental tackle football and physical play. BAN AQIB TALIB...make him play that fundamental, physical football in D-2

Yea Im baffled at how the NCAA has not stepped in yet, and made a ruling on this. Can't believe such a guy would get away with this at this level. Unbelievable.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Hate to break up this little catfight here but anyone know how the two did against each other when matched up.

adschofield
11-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Hate to break up this little catfight here but anyone know how the two did against each other when matched up.

Talib shut him down until he got hurt.