PDA

View Full Version : Build Your Dream Team (with the Cap in Mind)

bigbluedefense
11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
What the heck, Im bored. The key is keeping the cap in mind. Meaning, you cant have a ton of guys who are highly paid and 1st round draft picks. Should be interesting to see what we can work with. Here's mine. Now I know theres no way you can know for sure that your team is under the cap, but just give it a try. Im not even sure if this team is under the cap, but I think its fair.

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Adrian Peterson

HBack - Kyle Brady
LT - Marcus McNeil
LG - David Diehl
C - Andre Gurode
RG - Shaun Andrews
RT - Kareem McKenzie

TE - Jason Witten

WR - Randy Moss
WR - Marques Colston
Slot - Patrick Crayton

Romo is actually cheap for a franchise qb, McNeil is cheap for a LT, Diehl is cheap for a PB caliber Guard, and while money is spent on Gurode and Andrews, their paycheck is not that bad considering the type of money that interior olinemen have been getting recently. Witten is cheap for his caliber TE, Colston is a 7th rounder, and Moss is cheap. Crayton is cheap too. Peterson is money well spent.

Defense

LE - Aaron Kampman
NT - Kelly Gregg
UT - Kevin Williams
RE - Justin Tuck

WILL - Julian Peterson
MIKE - DeMeco Ryans
SAM - Michael Boley

CB - Champ Bailey
SS - Dawan Landry
FS - Sean Taylor
CB - Terrance Newman

My defense is where more money is spent, particularly in the 2ndary. Kampman, Tuck and Gregg are all underpaid and all studs. Money is spent on Williams on the dline.

Money is spent on Peterson in the LB core, Ryans is cheap as a 2nd round pick, and Boley the same.

Like I said, I spent big bucks in the secondary minus Dawan Landry, who's a 5th round pick.

And with that front, you can put Peterson, Kampman, Tuck and Williams on the dline in the nickel, and blitz Boley if you want, you basically have a very good pass rushing front. Couple that with speedy LBs, and a great secondary, thats a pretty good defense.

Special Teams:

KR/PR: Leon Washington (5th round pick)
Kicker: Stephen Gostkowski (im pretty sure he's cheap)
Punter: The Immortal Jeff Feagles

NYGibril28
11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
QB- Jeff Garcia
RB- Willie Parker
RB- Brandon Jacobs
FB- Lorenzo Neal
WR- Wes Welker
WR- Marvin Harrison
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
TE- Todd Heap
O-Line-

DE- Richard Seymour
DT- Haloti Ngata
DE- Jarvis Green
OLB- Mathias Kiwanuka
MLB- Patrick Willis
MLB- Tedy Bruschi
OLB- James Harrison
CB- Chris McAllister
FS- Sean Taylor
SS- Gibril Wilson
CB- Nnamadi Asomoghua

UKfan
11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Kicker: Bruce Gradkowski (im pretty sure he's cheap)

Do you mean Stephen Gostkowski? It might be worth giving Gradkowski a go as a kicker mind you haha.

Other than that very good write up, I might have a go later.

bigbluedefense
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Do you mean Stephen Gostkowski? It might be worth giving Gradkowski a go as a kicker mind you haha.

Other than that very good write up, I might have a go later.

Oh yeah haha.

*edits*

mqtirishfan
11-08-2007, 07:19 PM
What the heck, Im bored. The key is keeping the cap in mind. Meaning, you cant have a ton of guys who are highly paid and 1st round draft picks. Should be interesting to see what we can work with. Here's mine. Now I know theres no way you can know for sure that your team is under the cap, but just give it a try. Im not even sure if this team is under the cap, but I think its fair.

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Adrian Peterson

HBack - Kyle Brady
LT - Marcus McNeil
LG - David Diehl
C - Andre Gurode
RG - Shaun Andrews
RT - Kareem McKenzie

TE - Jason Witten

WR - Randy Moss
WR - Marques Colston
Slot - Patrick Crayton

Romo is actually cheap for a franchise qb, McNeil is cheap for a LT, Diehl is cheap for a PB caliber Guard, and while money is spent on Gurode and Andrews, their paycheck is not that bad considering the type of money that interior olinemen have been getting recently. Witten is cheap for his caliber TE, Colston is a 7th rounder, and Moss is cheap. Crayton is cheap too. Peterson is money well spent.

Defense

LE - Aaron Kampman
NT - Kelly Gregg
UT - Kevin Williams
RE - Justin Tuck

WILL - Julian Peterson
MIKE - DeMeco Ryans
SAM - Michael Boley

CB - Champ Bailey
SS - Dawan Landry
FS - Sean Taylor
CB - Terrance Newman

My defense is where more money is spent, particularly in the 2ndary. Kampman, Tuck and Gregg are all underpaid and all studs. Money is spent on Williams on the dline.

Money is spent on Peterson in the LB core, Ryans is cheap as a 2nd round pick, and Boley the same.

Like I said, I spent big bucks in the secondary minus Dawan Landry, who's a 5th round pick.

And with that front, you can put Peterson, Kampman, Tuck and Williams on the dline in the nickel, and blitz Boley if you want, you basically have a very good pass rushing front. Couple that with speedy LBs, and a great secondary, thats a pretty good defense.

Special Teams:

I'm pretty damn sure you can't afford all those players. Romo recently restructured his deal, as did Kampman.

Also, all your cheap players will want a deal within the next two years, and you'll be screwed.

PoopSandwich
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
QB - Derek Anderson (LOL)
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Marques Colston
TE - Kellen Winslow (What the hell did you expect?)
HB - Marion Barber
FB - Lawerence Vickers
LT - Marcus McNeil
LG - Eric Steinbach
C - Hank Fraley
RG - Shaun Andrews
RT - Kareem McKenzie

LE - Tommie Harris
NT - Haloti Ngata
RE - Albert Haynesworth
LOLB - Shawne Merriman
ILB - Demeco Ryans
ILB - Patrick Willis
ROLB - Kamerion Wimbley
CB - Aaron Ross
CB - Leigh Bodden (Had to... Probably would leave him off of this, but he's my boy)
SS - Adrian Wilson
FS - Sean Taylor

Completely being a homer if you didn't notice.

bigbluedefense
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm pretty damn sure you can't afford all those players. Romo recently restructured his deal, as did Kampman.

Also, all your cheap players will want a deal within the next two years, and you'll be screwed.

Even with Romo and Kampman, thats still I think under the cap. Remember alot of those players are getting underpaid. With the current cap figure, it should go under the cap. Maybe slightly over.

And we're doing it as a one year thing. Its impossible to do it taking the long term ramifications in mind.

NIN1984
11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok I'll try to make this realistic...

QB- Carson Palmer

HB- Brian Westbrook
FB- Lorenzo Neal

WR- Lee Evans
WR- Marques Colston
TE- Dallas Clark

LT- Khalif Barnes
LG- Logan Mankins
C- Casey Wiegman
RG- Shawn Andrews
RT- Mark Tauscher

DE- Antwan Odom
DT- Corey Redding
DT- Pat Williams
DE- Trent Cole

OLB- Derrick Brooks
MLB- Kirk Morrison
OLB- Michael Boley

CB- Marcus Tufant
CB- Cedric Griffin

FS- Brodney Pool
SS- Adrian Wilson

K- Jason Elam
P- Shane Lechler
KR- Joshua Cribbs

That was pretty hard, I'm sure I got a little carried away but it was fun.

Scotty D
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
QB - Brett Favre
QB - Jamarcus Russell
RB - Maurice Jones Drew
RB - Brandon Jacobs
FB - Brian Leonard
TE - Tony Scheftler
WR - Plexico Burress
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Mike Furry
LT - Tony Ugoh
LG - Eric Steinbach
C - Nick Hardwick
RG - Shaun Andrews
RT - Michael Roos

DE - Mark Anderson
DT - Shaun Rogers
DT - Cory Redding
DE - Dewayne White
BUP DE - Elvis Dumerveil
OLB - Ernie Sims
MLB - Barret Rudd
OLB - AJ Hawk
CB - Rashean Mathis
FS - Adrian Wilson
SS - Laron Landry
CB - Charles Tillman

KR - Josh Cribbs
K - Jason Hanson
P - Nic Harris

neko4
11-08-2007, 07:58 PM
That ones getting close to the cap line

GB12
11-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Even with Romo and Kampman, thats still I think under the cap. Remember alot of those players are getting underpaid. With the current cap figure, it should go under the cap. Maybe slightly over.

And we're doing it as a one year thing. Its impossible to do it taking the long term ramifications in mind.
Kampman signed a 4 year $21 million contract last year before the season. That's still $5mil a year, but for a top DE that's a great deal.

PACKmanN
11-08-2007, 08:30 PM
QB- Aaron Rodgers

RB- Marion Barber
RB- Leon Washington

FB- Jeremi Johnson

WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Greg Jennings
WR- Koren Robinson

TE- Jason Witten
TE- Bo Scaife

LT- Jammal Brown
LG- Eric Steinbach
OC- Scott Wells
RG- LeCharles Bentley
RT- Alex Barron

RE- Justin Tuck
DT- Corey Williams
DT- Haloti Ngata
LE- Aaron Kampman

ROLB- Kirk Morrison
MLB- Nick Barnett
LOLB- Patrick Willis

CB- Rashean Mathis
CB- Nnamdi Asomugha
CB- Cortland Finnegan

FS- Sean Taylor
SS- Nick Collins

Is that team under the cap?

ironman4579
11-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I wish profootball-reference.com gave salary figures like baseball-reference.com. Even if they don't give you new numbers, they still give you the salary figure for the last year or current season. It would at least be a place to start when looking at salary figures.

Xenos
11-09-2007, 01:20 AM

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Adrian Peterson

HBack - Kyle Brady
LT - Marcus McNeil
LG - David Diehl
C - Andre Gurode
RG - Shaun Andrews
RT - Kareem McKenzie

TE - Jason Witten

WR - Randy Moss
WR - Marques Colston
Slot - Patrick Crayton

Defense

LE - Aaron Kampman
NT - Kelly Gregg
UT - Kevin Williams
RE - Justin Tuck

WILL - Julian Peterson
MIKE - DeMeco Ryans
SAM - Michael Boley

CB - Champ Bailey
SS - Dawan Landry
FS - Sean Taylor
CB - Terrance Newman

Special Teams:

Just so you know, Gates actually makes less than Witten. Unless you feel that having a more balanced player like Witten is better.

Shiver
11-09-2007, 01:57 AM
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Joseph Addai
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
SE - Roddy White
FL - Brandon Marshall
SL - Wes Welker
TE - Jeremy Shockey
LT - Jason Peters
LG - Logan Mankins
OC - Jeff Saturday
RG - Jahri Evans
RT - David Stewart

RE - Osi Umenyiora
NT - Vince Wilfork
UT - Darnell Dockett
LE - Dewayne White
LOLB - Michael Boley
MLB - Patrick Willis
ROLB - Rocky McIntosh
CB - Nnamdi Asomugha
CB - Rashean Mathis
FS - Tanard Jackson
SS - Kerry Rhodes

K - Stephen Gostkowski
P - Matt McBriar
KR - Maurice Jones-Drew
PR - Wes Welker

Mr. Stiller
11-09-2007, 01:59 AM
WTH i'll give this a shot..

QB- Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Willie Parker
RB- Brandon Jacobs
FB- Dan Kreider
WR- Hines Ward
WR- TJ Houshmanzadeh
WR- Santonio Holmes
TE- Heath Miller
LT- Joe Thomas
LG- Mike Wahle
OC- Nick Mangold
RG- Max Starks
RT- Shawn Andrews

DE- Cullen Jenkins
DT- Casey Hampton
DE- Aaron Smith
OLB- James Harrison
MLB- Bart Scott
MLB- James Farrior
OLB- Mark Anderson
CB- Ike Taylor
FS- Antoine Bethea
SS- Troy Polamalu
CB- Aaron Ross

P: Daniel Sepulveda
K: Jeff Reed
KR: Leon Washington
PR: Steve Breaston

d34ng3l021
11-09-2007, 02:20 AM
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Jerious Norwood
RB: Marion Barber III
FB: Dan Kreider
WR: Roddy White
WR: TJ Housh
TE: Jason Witten
LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Logan Mankins
C: Nick Mangold
RG: Shawn Andrews
RT: Michael Roos

LE: Aaron Kampman
DT: Jonathan Babineux
DT: Vince Wilfork
RE: Trent Cole
SLB: Michael Boley
MLB: Barrett Rudd
WLB: Ernie Sims/AJ Hawk (Whichever plays WLB)
CB: DeAngelo Hall
CB: Ike Taylor
FS: Sean Jones
SS: Kerry Rhodes

KR: Jerome Mathis
PR: Yamone (sp) Figurs
P: Michael Koenan
K: Stephen Gostowski

Thats one solid team.

SenorGato
11-09-2007, 02:40 AM
For sh*ts and giggles:

QB - Jay Cutler

RB - Adrian Peterson

FB - Greg Jones

LT - D'Brick
LG - Mankins
C - Mangold
RG - Snee
RT - Roos

WR - A. Johnson
WR - Boldin

TE - Winslow

DE - Castillo
NT - Wilfork
DE - Ngata

OLB - Wimbley
ILB - Harris
ILB - Willis
OLB - Merriman

CB - Hall
CB - Dunta

FS - Rhodes
SS - Landry

K - Nugent
P - Graham
KR - J. Miller
PR - MJD

I just made a dominant Madden franchise.

I'd also want Justin Tuck on this roster. Tuck was made for the 3-4 coming out...now he's just a nasty weapon. Could run so many formations with this roster. Look at how many possibilities there...Tuck could play DE/OLB/DT...Ngata could play DT/DE/NT AND he's athletic enough that he's been asked to drop back...Line up Merriman DE/OLB/ILB and I'd even try DT for fun sometimes...Wilfork can play anywhere on the 3-4 DL...thats not even going into the fun I could have with the secondary....or Harris and Willis.

A Perfect Score
11-09-2007, 08:08 AM
hmmm ill give it a go...ill try and keep it realistic ive had this idea for a defense for a while, maybe i can fit some players in now.

QB- Derek Anderson- Has a cannon for an arm, and probably the cheapest option out there. I really with the ravens hadnt cut him.

RB- Adrian Peterson- Ive said for a long time he was the best running back i had ever seen, really who else could i put here?

FB- Greg Jones- a bulldozer with legs i still remember him truck sticking sean taylor when he was at FSU. yeah look it up on youtube.

WR- Anquan Boldin- Im a big fan of physical recievers, and boldin brings to the table a nasty presence other recievers lack.

WR-Brandon Marshall- Has quietly been putting together a solid season up in denver, have been a fan of his ever since he as drafted.

Slot- Brandon Stokely- Gotta love him, just goes out and does his job.

TE-Dallas Clark- A bargain, and one of the better receveing TE's out there

LT- Khalif Barnes- I remember his rookie season where he was dominant. Hes fallen off a bit lately, but i have faith in him.

LG- David Diehl- Athletic enough to play LT, but a much better fit at G where he is a pro bowl player

C-Ryan Kalil- Cheaper then mangold, so he gets the nod. I was a huge fan of his leading up to the draft adn i raelly believe he will be a star in this league.

RG- Jhari Evans- has been solid for teh saints to date.

RT- David Stewart- a mauler for the titans, would open some monster holes for AD

And now that we got that pesky offense out of the way, we can move onto the real fun...
RE- Louis Castillo- A big end who can rush the passer and eat up spacein the run game for the LBs to get there.

DT- Haloti Ngata- I needed a big space eater who can provide an inside pass rush. Bingo.

DT- Vince Wilfork- See ngata, haloti.

LE-Justin Tuck- guy is just a beast. Love his style of play. he gets overshadowed in NY with all the other pass rushers but he is a force.

Will-Ernie Sims- playmaking will who brings speed and intensity

Mike- Ray Lewis- he may not be the player he once was, but he is still scary as hell and a force in the middle

Sam- Channing Crowder- SI did an interview with him once where he said his playing weight was around 260. I believe it. Has been solid for the fins since being drafted.

CB-Charles Woodson- bump and run corner perfect for waht i want and plus, he won the heisman. Jokes haha

CB- Aaron Ross- Loved him in college, believed he would be the best CB drafted from his class. Still think it now. Great man corner.

FS- Bob Sanders- Still playing out his rooke contract, so he is cheap. And he is a little animal. reminds me of the tazmanian devil in those loonie tune cartoons.

SS-John Lynch- Say what you want, but hes been my 2nd favourite player for a long time and he might not be as fast as he used to be, but he still knocks people the **** out.

Well, im probably pushing the cap. But i love the team, especially the defense. + rep for whoever guesses the trend in the defense lol. You have all seen it before.

skinzzfan25
11-09-2007, 08:35 AM
QB- Kellen Clemens

HB- Brian Westbrook
HB- Najeh Davenport
FB- Mike Sellers

WR- Braylon Edwards
WR- Reggie Williams
TE- Vernon Davis
TE- Chris Baker

LT- Chris Samuels
LG- David Diehl
C- Kevin Mawae
RG- Shawn Andrews
RT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson

DE- Justin Tuck
DT- John Henderson
DT- Anthony Montgomery
DE- Trent Cole

OLB- Marcus Washington
MLB- Barrett Ruud
OLB- Bart Scott

CB- Charles Tillman
CB- Terrence McGee

FS- Sean Taylor
SS- Laron Landry

K- Nick Folk
P- Brian Moorman
KR- McGee

Pretty solid team IMO. I think it would be under, not sure about some of my OL though. Clemens can get the ball out in time, and has a nice deep ball. Thunder and lightning with Davenport and Westbrook. Big bodies up front on the OL, should make nice lanes. A very fast, risk taking, physical secondary.

Jakey
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM
QB- Ben Roethlisberger
HB- Adrian Peterson
HB- Leon Washington
WR- Braylon Edwards
WR- Santonio Holmes
TE- Jason Witten

DE- Brett Kiesel
NT- Casey Hampton
DE- Haloti Ngata
OLB- James Harrison
ILB- Demeco Ryans
ILB- Patrick Willis
OLB- Lamarr Woodley
CB- Aaron Ross
CB- Ike Taylor
FS- Anthony Smith
SS- Bob Sanders

My team would be the absolute shiz-nack-wim-wam for about 3 years...they would go 16-0 every year...untill all the rookie contacts ran out, then they would fall from grace!

Average OT LB
11-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I got this...

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Selvin Young
FB- Jermi Johnson/ Pittman
WR- Bernard Berrian
WR- Jericho Cotchery
TE- Owen Daniels

T- Mcneil
G- Deil
C-Kruetz
G- Wahle
T- Peters

Pats fans love to point out that brady doesnt need recievers.. so i chose to go that way, with brady then a cheap average offense.. I put the money where it matters- on defense..

Btw, I'm playing a 4-4 12 man defense...

DL Kampman
DL Tommy Harris
DL Jamal Williams
DL Peppers

LB- Merriman
LB- Harrison
LB- Lewis
LB- Ware

CB- Bailey
CB- Mccalister

S- Taylor
S- Reed

bored of education
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
qb - Big Ben
rb - Marshawn Lynch
hb/fb- chris cooley
te- tony scheflter
wr- santonio holmes
wr- dwayne bowe

thats where i would start ill fisnish the rest later

mqtirishfan
11-09-2007, 10:57 AM
2 Alexander, Eric LB
23 Andrews, Willie CB
32 Baker, Rashad S
88 Brady, Kyle TE
12 Brady, Tom QB
65 Britt, Wesley T
95 Brown, Kareem DT
54 Bruschi, Tedy LB
16 Cassel, Matt QB
59 Colvin, Rosevelt LB
38 Eckel, Kyle RB
44 Evans, Heath RB
33 Faulk, Kevin RB
10 Gaffney, Jabar WR
21 ***, Randall CB
3 Gostkowski, Stephen K
97 Green, Jarvis DE
7 Gutierrez, Matt QB
6 Hanson, Chris P
37 Harrison, Rodney S
27 Hobbs, Ellis CB
71 Hochstein, Russ G
53 Izzo, Larry LB
17 Jackson, Chad WR
29 Jackson, Eddie CB
77 Kaczur, Nick T
67 Koppen, Dan C
72 Light, Matt T
70 Mankins, Logan G
39 Maroney, Laurence RB
31 Meriweather, Brandon S
24 Mitchell, Mel S
81 Moss, Randy WR
61 Neal, Stephen G
68 O'Callaghan, Ryan T
66 Paxton, Lonie C
22 Samuel, Asante CB
36 Sanders, James S
55 Seau, Junior LB
93 Seymour, Richard DT
90 Smith, Le Kevin DT
18 Stallworth, Donte' WR
96 Thomas, Adalius LB
50 Vrabel, Mike LB
94 Warren, Ty DT
15 Washington, Kelley WR
84 Watson, Benjamin TE
83 Welker, Wes WR
75 Wilfork, Vince DT
26 Wilson, Eugene S
58 Woods, Pierre LB
99 Wright, Mike DT
74 Yates, Billy G

D-Rod
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I was waiting for someone to say that...

Not untrue.

skinzzfan25
11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
2 Alexander, Eric LB
23 Andrews, Willie CB
32 Baker, Rashad S
88 Brady, Kyle TE
12 Brady, Tom QB
65 Britt, Wesley T
95 Brown, Kareem DT
54 Bruschi, Tedy LB
16 Cassel, Matt QB
59 Colvin, Rosevelt LB
38 Eckel, Kyle RB
44 Evans, Heath RB
33 Faulk, Kevin RB
10 Gaffney, Jabar WR
21 ***, Randall CB
3 Gostkowski, Stephen K
97 Green, Jarvis DE
7 Gutierrez, Matt QB
6 Hanson, Chris P
37 Harrison, Rodney S
27 Hobbs, Ellis CB
71 Hochstein, Russ G
53 Izzo, Larry LB
17 Jackson, Chad WR
29 Jackson, Eddie CB
77 Kaczur, Nick T
67 Koppen, Dan C
72 Light, Matt T
70 Mankins, Logan G
39 Maroney, Laurence RB
31 Meriweather, Brandon S
24 Mitchell, Mel S
81 Moss, Randy WR
61 Neal, Stephen G
68 O'Callaghan, Ryan T
66 Paxton, Lonie C
22 Samuel, Asante CB
36 Sanders, James S
55 Seau, Junior LB
93 Seymour, Richard DT
90 Smith, Le Kevin DT
18 Stallworth, Donte' WR
96 Thomas, Adalius LB
50 Vrabel, Mike LB
94 Warren, Ty DT
15 Washington, Kelley WR
84 Watson, Benjamin TE
83 Welker, Wes WR
75 Wilfork, Vince DT
26 Wilson, Eugene S
58 Woods, Pierre LB
99 Wright, Mike DT
74 Yates, Billy G

You forgot Cameraman.

bigbluedefense
11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Just so you know, Gates actually makes less than Witten. Unless you feel that having a more balanced player like Witten is better.

I didn't know that honestly. Witten and Brady would work better in a 2 TE offense though.

Imagine having that oline, with Brady and Witten sealing the edges, and AD running? That would be insane.

The Legend
11-09-2007, 11:48 AM
QB- Vince Young
RB- Adrian Peterson
FB- Lorenzo Neal
WR- Joey Galloway
WR- Greg Jennings
TE- Ben Watson
LT- Jason Peters
LG- Leonard Davis
OC- Andre Gurode
RG- Stacy Andrews
RT- Jon Runyan

LE- Aaron Kampman
UT- Richard Seymour
NT- Albert Haynesworth
RE- Kyle Vanden Bosch
WLB- Thomas Howard
MLB- Patrick Willis
SLB- Aj Hawk
CB- Rashean Mathis
FS- Sean Talyor
SS- Jermaine Phillips
CB- Antonio Cromartie

K- Rob Bironas
P- Andy Lee
R- Devin Hester

Jakey
11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I was waiting for someone to say that...

Not untrue.

haha i was gonna do that but with the steelers...it wouldn't have had the same effect though:o

skinzzfan25
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
QB - Kellen Clemens ($0.677)
QB - Jim Sorgi ($0.450)
RB - Bryan Westbrook ($4.786)
RB - Najeh Davenport ($0.400)
RB - Jerrious Norwood ($0.437)
FB - Mike Sellers ($0.640)
WR - TJ Houshmandzadeh ($2.962)
WR - Antwaan Randle El ($1.587)
WR - Marques Colston ($0.283)
WR - Mike Furrey ($0.544)
WR - Devin Hester ($0.530)
TE - Vernon Davis ($2.160)
TE - Donald Lee ($0.367)
OT - Chris Samuels ($6.367)
OT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson ($2.350)
OT - Stephon Heyer ($0.300) est.
OG - Randy Thomas ($4.392)
OG - Dave Diehl ($1.585)
OG - Wes Sims ($0.148)
C - Kevin Mawae ($1.550)
C - Mike Pucillo ($0.470)

Offense - $33.152

DE - Trent Cole ($2.898)
DE - Will Smith ($1.922)
DE - Justin Tuck ($0.534)
DE - Chris Kelsay ($0.845)
DE - Robert Geathers ($0.411)
DT - John Henderson ($6.936)
DT - Anthony Montgomery ($0.316)
DT - Albert Haynesworth ($1.559)
DT - Terdell Sands ($0.725)
OLB - Marcus Washington ($2.605)
OLB - Bart Scott ($3.168)
OLB - Adalius Thomas ($3.565 estimated)
OLB - Rocky McIntosh ($0.730)
ILB - A.J Hawk ($2.185)
ILB - Johnathan Vilma ($2.471)
ILB - E.J. Henderson ($1.864)
ILB - Barrett Ruud ($0.871)
CB - Champ Bailey ($9.498)
CB - Michael Huff ($2.000)
CB - Ike Taylor ($1.588)
CB - Walt Harris ($1.360)
CB - Nnamdi Asomugha ($1.211)
S - Chris Hope ($1.589)
S - Sean Taylor ($4.369)
S - Laron Landry ($2.500 estimated)

K - Nick Folk ($1.350 estimated)
P - Brian Moorman ($0.837)
LS - Ethan Albright (0.453)

Def & Teams: $60.783

Total: $99.936

Wow, didn't think I'd be that far under lol...
Oh, and thanks njx for that site, it's cool :)

23trufant
11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
QB- Peyton Manning ($ 10,571,068) - Kellen Clemens ($ 677,500)
RB- Steve Jackson ($ 1,752,500) - Brian Westbrook ($ 4,786,980) - Najeh Davenport($ 400,000)
FB- Leonard Weaver ($ 204,840)
WR- Plaxico Burress ($ 4,005,000) - Bernard Berrian ($ 597,400) - Koren Robinson ($ 172,059)
WR- Lee Evens ($ 2,283,265) - Brandon Marshall ($ 380,000)
TE- Jason Witten ($ 1,872,340) - Jeff King ($ 316,006)
LT- Walter Jones ($ 5,601,320) - Marcus McNeil ($ 581,000)
LG- Logan Mankins ($ 1,175,280) -
OC- Nick Mangold ($ 1,034,000) - Hank Fraley ($ 650,000)
RG- Rob Sims ($ 372,500) - Jahri Evan ($ 390,433)
RT- Jordan Gross ($ 3,968,415) - Ryan Cook ($ 575,000)

A tad under 50 million spent on Offense

DE- Will Smith ($ 1,922,500) - Darryl Tapp ($ 525,000)
DT- Tommie Harris ($ 2,249,770) - Terdell Sands ($ 725,120)
DT- Albert Haynesworth ($ 1,559,771) - Grady Jackson ($ 810,000)
DE- Osi Umenyiora ($ 3,741,250) - Stanley McClover ($ 285,216)
OLB- Julian Peterson ($ 5,302,640) - Rocky McIntosh ($ 730,000)
MLB- Lofa Tatupu ($ 804,400) - Barrett Ruud ($ 871,910)
OLB- Keith Bullock ($ 7,111,308) - Leroy Hill ($ 496,090)
CB- Deunta Robinson ($ 2,859,143) - Marcus Trufant ($ 2,132,619) - Phillip Buchanon ($ 275,000)
CB- Nnamdi Asomugha ($ 1,211,946) - Kelly Jennings ($ 1,025,000)
SS- Adrian Wilson ($ 3,240,709) - Benard Pollard ($ 540,000)
FS- Kerry Rhodes ($ 457,400) - Ko Simpson ($ 391,250)

Around 35 Million

K- Josh Brown - ($ 725,560)
P- Brian Moorman ($ 837,308)

1.5 million

Total a little under 90 million it seems low but alot of the players are young and there salaries will rise.

SchizophrenicBatman
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I was going to make the Patriots joke, damn.

I'm going to try to be realistic with the amount of players on their rookie contracts. Contracts are taken from Rotoworld and averaged out the way MLB counts against the cap (IE a 5 year 50 million contract = 10 mil/year even if it's backloaded. This way I dont have to bother looking up cap figures). Oh, and there's some good ST players thrown in as backups

QB: Peyton Manning ($11.02 million)
QB: Jeff Garcia ($3.5 mil)
QB: Matt Moore ($300K)
RB: Adrian Peterson ($6.75 mil)
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew (690K)
RB/FB: Nick Goings ($700K)
Insult RB: Kyle Eckel ($400K)
FB: Lorenzo Neal ($1.70)
WR: Randy Moss ($4.75)
WR: TJ Houshmanzadeh ($3.25)
WR: Ricky Proehl (Give him $1.25 to come out of retirement)
WR: Joshua Cribbs ($600K)
WR: David Noel ($500K) [I think he'd have a future as an NFL WR, real athlete]
LT: Jason Peters ($3.00)
LG: Logan Mankins ($1.28)
C: Jeff Saturday ($3.20)
RG: Chris Kemoeatu ($425K)
RT: Michael Roos ($1.12)
OT/OG: Jeremy Bridges: ($1.00)
OC/OG: Samson Satele ($723K)
OL Filler: ($2.00)
TE: Jeff King ($400K) [receiving TE]
TE: Quinn Sypniewski ($500K) [blocking TE]
TE: Ben Patrick ($300K) [crappy 3rd TE]

DE: John Abraham ($7.50)
DE: Justin Tuck ($400K)
DE: Elvis Dumervil ($450K)
DT: Albert Haynesworth ($5.55)
DT: Tony Brown ($1.66)
DT/DE: Damione Lewis ($3.00)
WLB: Keith Bulluck ($6.08)
MLB: Barrett Ruud ($980K)
SLB: Michael Boley ($400K)
LB: Chase Blackburn ($825K)
LB: Oscar Lua ($400K)
LB: Zak DeOssie ($400K)
CB: Terence Newman ($4.77)
CB: Richard Marshall ($715K)
CB: Marlin Jackson ($1.40)
CB: Jarrett Bush (400K)
SS: Donte Whitner ($5.80)
FS: Bob Sanders ($520K)
S: Chris Harris ($450K)
DB Filler: ($1.50)

K: Jason Elam ($2.245)
P: Brian Moorman ($1.66)
PR/KR: Joshua Cribbs
LS: Zak DeOssie

45 man roster, 49 with the unnamed fillers. Add another 2 million for the last 3 spots and there's a 52 man roster for $98,615,000. I'll use the free money left over to publish Jason Elam's book

neko4
11-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Jarrett Bush, do you wanna lose?
Also Im suprised MJD only makes 690!

SchizophrenicBatman
11-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Jarrett Bush, do you wanna lose?
Also Im suprised MJD only makes 690!

I want Bush to play special teams

keep him away from CB at all costs

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 01:47 PM
QB - Tom Brady
I don't care if he costs a lot, I'm more than happy to see money go to a QB like that.
RB - Willie Parker
RB - Brandon Jacobs
FB - Lorenzo Neal
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Lee Evans or Bernard Berrian
TE - Jason Witten
TE - Jeremy Shockey
Weapon - Devin Hester

LT - Michael Roos
LG - Logan Mankins
C - Nick Hardwick
RG - Chris Snee
RT - Jason Peters

Granted this O would fall apart in a few years as these guys won't stay cheap for long, but for a few years they could stay together and be nasty. The oline would be dominant and reasonably priced for a while. With a QB like Brady I'd rather spread money around the receiving options instead of throwing a huge portion of it at a single superstar or two. With both Shockey and Witten I'd play mostly out of a two TE set but i'd move them around a lot, i.e. splitting one of them out wide, moving one into the backfield, lining them up on the same side. I just think both would give the O huge versatility. Bowe will be a stud and having Berrian or Evans opposite him would make teams respect Brady and the Deep ball to help loosen things up underneath.

DE - Justin Tuck
UT - Tommie Harris
NT - Albert haynesworth this year, after this year he'd be too expensive to keep so I go with Vince Wilfork
DE - Mathias Kiwanuka

SLB - Michael Boley
MLB - DeMeco Ryans
WLB - Thomas Howard

CB - Champ Bailey
CB - Sheldon Brown
FS - Eugene Wilson
SS - Donte Whitner

Maybe I am a homer for picking Kiwi and Tuck, but I think both give you absolutely incredible bang for the buck. I love Tommie Harris and players like him. Redding and Kevin Williams got serious consideration aswell.

Don't know about the price of the secondary but I don't think Sheldon Brown and Eugene Wilson will cost too much.

Yung Flippa
11-10-2007, 09:38 PM
QB- Vince Young
HB- Adrian Peterson
HB- Leon Washington
WR- Marques Colston
WR- Dwayne Bowe
TE- Donald Lee

DE- Justin Tuck
NT- Haloti Ngata
DE- Mathias Kiwanuka
OLB- James Harrison
ILB- Demeco Ryans
ILB- Patrick Willis
OLB- Bart Scott
CB- Aaron Ross
CB- Antonio Cromartie
FS- Kerry Rhodes
SS- Donte Whitner

bigbluedefense
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
I see a lot of Giants popping up :)

Mr. Stiller
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
QB- Vince Young
HB- Adrian Peterson
HB- Leon Washington
WR- Marques Colston
WR- Dwayne Bowe
TE- Donald Lee

DE- Justin Tuck
NT- Haloti Ngata
DE- Mathias Kiwanuka
OLB- James Harrison
ILB- Demeco Ryans
ILB- Patrick Willis
OLB- Bart Scott
CB- Aaron Ross
CB- Antonio Cromartie
FS- Kerry Rhodes
SS- Donte Whitner

Sorry but thats a horrible front 7.

Scott, Ryans and Willis would play the same position in a 3-4. Scott is not a edge rusher, he's a blitzer.

You don't have a Buck. Tuck and Kiwi would be more like 3-4 OLB's than 3-4 DE's. Ngata would be a solid NT but he'd be better at 3-4 DE.

kmartin575
11-11-2007, 10:22 AM
QB- Tony Romo
HB- Marion Barber
FB- Ovie Mughelli
TE- Tony Gonzalez
WR- Braylon Edwards
WR- Greg Jennings
LT- Jason Peters
LG- Logan Mankins
C- Andre Gurode
RG- Chris Snee
RT- Tony Pashos

DE- Jared Allen
DT- Darnell Dockett
DT- Alfonso Boone
DE- Kyle Vanden Bosch
SLB- Derrick Johnson
MLB- Barrett Ruud
WLB- Michael Boley
CB- Marcus Trufant
FS- Kerry Rhodes
SS- Adrian Wilson
CB- Cedric Griffin

Matthew Jones
11-11-2007, 12:26 PM
This is assuming the salary cap is the estimated $109.00 million, and using players' total cap figures from Madden NFL 08. I only used players at their exact spot (i.e. backup QB must be a real backup in ideal situations.)

Quarterback

1. Tom Brady, Patriots ($8.59)
2. Matt Cassel, Patriots ($0.32)
3. Kyle Orton, Bears ($0.40)

Running Back

1. Joseph Addai, Colts ($1.38)
2. Marion Barber, Cowboys ($0.48)
3. Derrick Ward, Giants ($0.33)

Fullback

1. Brian Leonard, Rams ($0.57)

Wide Receiver

1. Randy Moss, Patriots ($5.00)
2. Marques Colston, Saints ($0.33)
3. Wes Welker, Patriots ($1.88)
4. Chad Jackson, Patriots ($0.64)
5. Jason Hill, Falcons ($0.40)

Tight End

1. Owen Daniels, Texans ($0.49)
2. Anthony Fasano, Cowboys ($0.64)
3. Jeb Putzier, Texans ($1.64)

Offensive skill positions total: $23.09

Offensive Tackle

1. Marcus McNeill, Chargers ($0.69)
2. Shane Olivea, Chargers ($1.83)
3. Tom Ashworth, Seahawks ($2.12)
4. Evan Mathis, Panthers ($0.52)

Offensive Guard

1. Logan Mankins, Patriots ($1.32)
2. Stephen Neal, Patriots ($2.23)
3. Adam Snyder, 49ers ($0.52)
4. Jason Fabini, Redskins ($0.92)

Center

1. Dan Koppen, Patriots ($2.41)
2. Andy McCollum, Rams ($1.00)

Offensive line total: $13.56

Offense total: $36.65

Defensive End

1. Ty Warren, Patriots ($2.82)
2. Haloti Ngata, Ravens ($1.26)
3. Ikaika Alama-Francis, Lions ($0.30)
4. Paul Spicer, Jaguars ($1.07)

Nose Tackle

1. Vince Wilfork, Patriots ($3.08)
2. Terdell Sands, Raiders ($2.94)
3. Chris Hovan, Steelers ($1.06)

Defensive line total: $12.53

Outside Linebacker

1. Mike Vrabel, Patriots ($3.12)
2. Shawne Merriman, Chargers ($1.21)
3. Anthony Spencer, Cowboys ($1.64)
4. Randall Godfrey, Redskins ($0.82)

Inside Linebacker

1. DeMeco Ryans, Texans ($0.89)
2. Patrick Willis, 49ers ($2.55)
3. Jeremiah Trotter, Buccaneers ($0.82)
4. Jeff Ulbrich, 49ers ($1.86)

Linebackers total: $12.91

Cornerback

1. Al Harris, Packers ($3.94)
2. Chris Gamble, Panthers ($1.29)
3. Ellis Hobbs, Patriots ($0.53)
4. Reynaldo Hill, Titans ($0.35)
5. Josh Wilson, Seahawks ($0.66)

Free Safety

1. Bob Sanders, Colts ($0.83)
2. Will Allen, Buccaneers ($0.74)

Strong Safety

1. Kerry Rhodes, Jets ($0.48)
2. Donovin Darius, Dolphins ($0.82)

Defensive backs total: $9.64

Kicker

1. Robbie Gould, Bears ($0.49)

Punter

1. Brian Moorman, Bills ($1.43)

Return Specialist

1. Devin Hester, Bears ($0.65)

Special teams total: $2.57

Team total: $74.30

That team leaves me with $34.70 million left over, enough for rookie contracts and a few big free agent signings, etc. I'm happy with it. Awesome topic, too, really got into it, as you can tell, heh.

DWilliams2IndyColts
11-11-2007, 03:06 PM
QB: Tom Brady
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Chad Johnson
WR: Anquan Boldin
TE: Ben Watson
TE: Vernon Davis
O-Line: Chargers

DE: Richard Seymour
NT: Casey Hampton
DE: Julius Peppers
OLB: DeMarcus Ware
ILB: Ray Lewis
ILB: Brian Urlacher
OLB: Shawn Merriman
CB: Asante Samuel
FS: Brian Dawkins
SS: Troy Polamalu
CB: Champ Bailet

K: Adam Vinatieri
P: Matt McBriar

KR: Devin Hester
KR: Dante Hall
PR: Devin Hester

2nd String
QB: Vince Young
RB: Clinton Portis
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Calvin Johnson
TE: Chris Cooley
TE: Leonard Pope
O-Line: Patriots

DE: Jason Taylor
NT: Haloti Ngata
DE: Elvis Dummervil
OLB: James Harrison
ILB: Patrick Willis
ILB: Adalius Thomas
OLB: Dwight Freeney
CB: Al Harris
FS: Sean Taylor
SS: Bob Sanders
CB: Charles Woodson

...that is all said Bill Gates.

23trufant
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
\WR: Ricky Proehl (Give him $1.25 to come out of retirement)
WR: David Noel ($500K) [I think he'd have a future as an NFL WR, real athlete]

Both great picks ha, but seriously David Noel is the man. He should have played more WR at UNC.

jsagan77
11-12-2007, 03:27 AM
QB - Tom Brady

RB - Adrian Peterson

HBack - Chris Cooley

LT - Marcus McNeil
LG - Hutch
C - Nick Mangold
RG - Shaun Andrews
RT - Tony Ugoh (i'll move him from LT)

TE - Kellen Winslow

WR - Randy Moss
WR - Housh
Slot- Steve Smith

Defense

LE - Louis Castillo
NT - Jamal Williams
RE - Jarvis Greene

WILL - Merriman
MIKE - Poz
MIKE - Sims
SAM - Ware

CB - Asomugha, Nnamdi
SS - Eric Weddle
FS - Sean Taylor
CB - Ellis Hobbs

Special Teams

KR: Hester
K: Gostkowski
P: Scifers

Coach: Billicheck

Th3Claytonator
11-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Quarterback- Ben Roethlisberger

Runningback- Joseph Addai
Fullback- Tony Richardson

WR1- Donald Driver
WR2- Randy Moss (he is really inexpensive currently)
WR3- Wes Welker
TE- Ben Watson

LT- Micheal Roos
LG- Arron Sears
C- Brad Meester
RG- Shaun Andrews
RT- Flozell Adams
LDE- Jared Allen

OLB- James Harrison
MLB- Barrett Ruud
OLB- Michael Boley

CB- Leigh Bodden
CB- Anthony Henry
FS- Tanard Jackson
SS- Jermaine Phillips

The Buccaneers have the best safety tandem in the NFL for the amount of money that they receive..

M.O.T.H.
11-13-2007, 08:56 PM

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Adrian Peterson

HBack - Kyle Brady
LT - Marcus McNeil
LG - David Diehl
C - Andre Gurode
RG - Shaun Andrews
RT - Kareem McKenzie

TE - Jason Witten

WR - Randy Moss
WR - Marques Colston
Slot - Patrick Crayton

Defense

LE - Aaron Kampman
NT - Kelly Gregg
UT - Kevin Williams
RE - Justin Tuck

WILL - Julian Peterson
MIKE - DeMeco Ryans
SAM - Michael Boley

CB - Champ Bailey
SS - Dawan Landry
FS - Sean Taylor
CB - Terrance Newman

Special Teams:

You're such a closet Cowboys fan...it's alright to come out, buddy. :)

yodabear
11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I just take the Patriots.