PDA

View Full Version : David Carr's Future Team

CARDIAC CAT 7
02-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Perfect fit is the Oakland Raiders, here is why:
Suggested Trade: David Carr for 3rd Round Pick
Oakland:
1. Oakland gets a Quarterback that still has potential without using a 1st Round pick (which Al Davis hates to draft in the 1st Round).
2. Allows Oakland to draft the Best Talent in the draft Calvin Johnson.
3. Trading Pick is no worry because OAK will be stocked with picks after they trade Moss and Porter.
4. David Carr goes back home where he is loved and had a success with Fresno State so California will buy tickets to see him.

Houston:
1. Trade opens possibilty for Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell to drop to their pick.
2. Frees Cap Space allowing them to sign a veteran QB or trade for one, Jake Plummer???

thoughts...

Michele Forbes
02-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Make sense Carr would be a great fit in Oakland.

bsaza2358
02-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Hmm... Carr would go to Oakland, a team with a leaky OLine, questionable receiving weapons, and a minor semblance of a run game... Oakland will send a first day pick for a QB who has been beaten to death for 5 seasons and hasn't shown much due to defensive pressure... why?

I'm sure Houston would do the deal, then sign Jake Plummer while they sit and groom their QB of the future this season. Oakland's side makes little sense.

Dustmck
02-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Just what Carr wants, another tour of duty on a team with a terrible o-line

JagHombre22
02-14-2007, 12:56 PM
if byron leftwich doesn't stick around, It'd be interesting to see if the Jags offer a fourth or fourth and a player for him...he's still got amazing potential...

bearsfan_51
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
David Carr doesn't have the arm strength Al Davis goes gaga for.

NFLBOY
02-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Oakland:
1. Oakland gets a Quarterback that still has potential without using a 1st Round pick (which Al Davis hates to draft in the 1st Round).
3. Trading Pick is no worry because OAK will be stocked with picks after they trade Moss and Porter.
4. David Carr goes back home where he is loved and had a success with Fresno State so California will buy tickets to see him.

Houston:
1. Trade opens possibilty for Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell to drop to their pick.
2. Frees Cap Space allowing them to sign a veteran QB or trade for one, Jake Plummer???

thoughts... Makes no sense. Why would you get carr, but get rid of Moss and Porter. You need to think about that one a little bit. It would do the Raiders no good.

packer_pat_4
02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
I thought Carr couldnt perform behind a shaky O-Line.... and you think it would be good for him to go to an even worse line?
Carr would get destroyed in Oakland.

I think it is best for both these teams to start over new, they're not getting it done with their current QB's.

CARDIAC CAT 7
02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Oakland:

Houston:

thoughts... Makes no sense. Why would you get carr, but get rid of Moss and Porter. You need to think about that one a little bit. It would do the Raiders no good.

Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.

Ward
02-14-2007, 01:56 PM
IMO I think he'll either be in Houston or Miami.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-14-2007, 02:02 PM
David Carr's situation in Oakland would be worse than he is in Houston.

NIN1984
02-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Please not Oakland.

02-14-2007, 02:28 PM
he would probably be an improvement going to OAK but he will play horrible because of there poor o-line and no support from the running game.

miamichamp_305
02-14-2007, 02:39 PM
IMO I think he'll either be in Houston or Miami.
MIAMI?!?!?! What exactly makes you say that? The LAST thing we need is a Joey Harrington clone, why would we want to cut Harrington to then get a guy who is just as crappy as he is. No thank you. Right now our starting QB is Pep, Lemon is our backup, and some free agent or late round pick as the 3rd stringer. We have absolutely NO NEED for a QB! I hate how people keep saying we need one, WE DONT! And people cant talk crap about Pep when he was playing injured, give him 1 season at 100%.

bsaza2358
02-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I think Carr will stay for this year, but he'll be pushed by a veteran backup or a high round draft pick. He is no longer the face of the franchise. The Texans' actions in Rounds 1 and 2 will speak volumes about where they think the team is going under Carr.

Regardless, I doubt Oakland happens. Miami is 99% unlikely.

BuddyCHRIST
02-14-2007, 02:50 PM
If I was the Bears I'd try to get him, if your not sold on Grossman you don't want to have to draft another guy and develop him but then your D is pretty young so you don't want to get an old guy who you will have to replace in 2 years.

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Just what Carr wants, another tour of duty on a team with a terrible o-line

Be an easy adjustment though...haha

Shiver
02-14-2007, 02:57 PM
There is a team out there that would upgrade by having him at Quarterback?! :shock:

dlions20
02-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I think Cleveland would be a good fit. Let hit battle with Frye, hes never been pushed really for the starting spot, its allways been handed to him.

Id give a 4rth for him. maybe a 3rd if thats what it will take.

lionsfan81
02-14-2007, 02:59 PM
If I was the Bears I'd try to get him, if your not sold on Grossman you don't want to have to draft another guy and develop him but then your D is pretty young so you don't want to get an old guy who you will have to replace in 2 years.

Grossman has 1 full year starting, mainly of his problems are due to mechanics. We signed Griese incase Grossman couldnt perform, and we know he can. He needs more experience, lets not forget this guy was lighting it up some games.

Bradentonian
02-14-2007, 06:16 PM
There is a team out there that would upgrade by having him at Quarterback?! :shock:

The Bucs would, but that's not saying much

Shiver
02-14-2007, 06:25 PM
No Jeff Tedford Quarterback should be drafted in the first round, ever, again. Carr was their last shot to produce a solid NFL starter. When Gary Kubiak is more confident in Sage Rosenfels, and is willing to trade you, that isn't a good indication.

RaiderNation
02-14-2007, 06:48 PM
i will take any qb, just if we get CJ from it

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Oakland:

Houston:

What are you talking about!Getting rid of Moss will only improve the team.

02-14-2007, 07:10 PM

If he can't do anything with Andre Johnson, he's not going to do anything next year with CJ.

The Legend
02-14-2007, 07:10 PM
if i was Carr and that happen i would retire , its sooner or later he will get hurt

go from a really bad oline , to the worst line

The Unseen
02-14-2007, 07:55 PM

If he can't do anything with Andre Johnson, he's not going to do anything next year with CJ.

Andre Johnson had over 100 catches this year. What's he got to do with Carr's failure exactly?

cunningham06
02-14-2007, 08:03 PM
David Carr doesn't have the arm strength Al Davis goes gaga for.

Yes he does, if there is one thing that is positive about David Carr it is that he has a very strong arm.

cunningham06
02-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Minnesota, I seriously think that they will pursue a qb this offseason. An improved offensive line with a pretty solid running game, they need some receiving weapons but that can be addressed, Donte Stallworth might not be resigned, and they could always draft a good WR.

soybean
02-14-2007, 08:10 PM
No Jeff Tedford Quarterback should be drafted in the first round, ever, again. Carr was their last shot to produce a solid NFL starter. When Gary Kubiak is more confident in Sage Rosenfels, and is willing to trade you, that isn't a good indication.

at least he produces them as prospects. What other coach can say they have produced that many 1st round prospects in such a short span of time (pending carroll). You can't blame a quarterback's whole career on their college coach. He can only carry them so far, it's up to their franchise to do the rest. I think it's more of bad luck. If a college coach is to blame for anything it would be for the quarterbacks' lack of readiness not his entire nfl career.

PackerFan20
02-14-2007, 08:28 PM
I might sound crazy but I'd stick with Carr, the guy has never played with a C avg. O-line and has had only had Domanick Davis at RB. Plummer couldnt get it done last year, he wont get it done with a worse team next year. (w/o 2 wr's, possibly w/o a rb and probably w/o an o-line)

regoob2
02-14-2007, 09:49 PM
i think the texans may want more

KCJ58
02-14-2007, 09:54 PM
he will be back in Houston

NIN1984
02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
He's going to the Chiefs.

keylime_5
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
From what I've heard to this point I believe Minnesota will bring him in and possibly revive his career there. He has a lot of potential, and he did show flashes in 2004 and 2005, so a change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered.

NFLBOY
02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Oakland:

Houston:

Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.Are you kidding me? Calvin Johnson hasn't proven squat yet, and no way does Oakland have a better running game. You need to learn about the teams before you say anything like this. Seriously, what does being anything also have to do with being in your home state if you want to get rid of your top 2 wideouts and going to a franchise that is plain horrible. Your moral can be boosted all it wants, but if your on the worst team in the league besides detroit it isn't going to matter. I agree with you that he is a decent qb, but that isn't going to help on a team like the Raiders.

CARDIAC CAT 7
02-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Oakland:

Houston:

Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.Are you kidding me? Calvin Johnson hasn't proven squat yet, and no way does Oakland have a better running game. You need to learn about the teams before you say anything like this. Seriously, what does being anything also have to do with being in your home state if you want to get rid of your top 2 wideouts and going to a franchise that is plain horrible. Your moral can be boosted all it wants, but if your on the worst team in the league besides detroit it isn't going to matter. I agree with you that he is a decent qb, but that isn't going to help on a team like the Raiders.

Your probably the only person on the face of the earth that thinks Ron Dayne is better than LaMont Jordan, u must be on crack. As long as a O-Line stays together and stays healthy it can be good ( For Example: Arizona kept changing their O-Line around and Edge averaged under 3.0 YPC , then Denny Green kept the O-Line together for the last 8 weeks of the season, Edge average over 3.5 after that. I bet u if u where to run a poll on who would u rather have Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson , Johnson would win by a landslide. AT WORST Calvin Johnson is Larry Fizgerald at best he is the most dominating WR to ever play. If Randy Moss is so good how come they cant even get a measly 3rd Round pick for him. Anyways, instead of being a Skip Bayless tell us what u would do with Carr?

cunningham06
02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Oakland:

Houston:

Your probably the only person on the face of the earth that thinks Ron Dayne is better than LaMont Jordan, u must be on crack. As long as a O-Line stays together and stays healthy it can be good ( For Example: Arizona kept changing their O-Line around and Edge averaged under 3.0 YPC , then Denny Green kept the O-Line together for the last 8 weeks of the season, Edge average over 3.5 after that. I bet u if u where to run a poll on who would u rather have Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson , Johnson would win by a landslide. AT WORST Calvin Johnson is Larry Fizgerald at best he is the most dominating WR to ever play. If Randy Moss is so good how come they cant even get a measly 3rd Round pick for him. Anyways, instead of being a Skip Bayless tell us what u would do with Carr?

Lamont Jordan is better, but he just tore that ligament, and getting hammered right away by 300+ pound D Linemen when he comes back because his offensive line can't block them probably won't help out. Never say that an NFL prospect is at worst going to be as good as one of the best players in the game, because oftentimes that is not the case, and you end up looking like a moron. Sure he is freakishly athletic, but Andre Johnson is just as athletic, if not moreso.

regoob2
02-16-2007, 12:34 AM
in oakland with the o-line there, he would rebreak the most times scaked record

niel89
02-16-2007, 01:35 AM

what happens if he just sucks?

kevin148
02-16-2007, 02:49 AM

I think it's safe to say that in these MB's most people think on draft day whoever chooses CJ will almost immediately have to start working on his bust for canton.

soybean
02-16-2007, 03:12 AM

word...

at worst larry fitzgerald? you gotta be kidding me.

niel89
02-16-2007, 03:18 AM

word...

at worst larry fitzgerald? you gotta be kidding me.
yeah i know, i think the guy will be pretty good but a worst fitz. what about worse than fitz, he is really good and top in the league right.

at best he could be the most dominate wr ever. isnt that the best any wr could do anyways?

lod01
02-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Andre Johnson had over 100 catches this year. What's he got to do with Carr's failure exactly?

Because Carr can't throw a football past 10 yards and expect a completion. Andre is an all around threat as a receiver and David Carr neutralized half his game. All Andre did this year was run 5-10 yard routes so as to get the ball. Last night they showed one of these routes on NFL Network and what did carr do? Nothing, he watched Andre run WIDE open across in front of him and did not throw the football. Instead he curled up like the sissy he is and took another sack. The o-line can only protect you so long. Whne you SUCK, you rack up sacks like no other. The blame for this guy's miserable play has always been deflected.

ZERO winning season out of 5.
Can't read a defense as shown above (hot read Andre Wide open).
Takes off with the football when no pressure because his #1 is covered.
Loves to run out of bounds for a loss = ANOTHER SACK that gets blamed on the o-line.

He had a running game this year, 2 Pro Bowl WR's.....amazingly now Moulds is called washed up....good job carr. I knew Moulds made a mistake going there. O-line blokced very well this year. The running game produced some late victories.....carr was neutralized bt the coaching staff. A great move, now he needs neutralized permanently.

Whoever gets this 100% COMPLETE LOSER, will wonder what happened 4 games into the year when they are staring at 0-4.

Finlayson56
02-16-2007, 12:40 PM
i know the texans are loking for a draft pick but i could see him go to the broncos for Plummer .

cunningham06
02-17-2007, 12:06 PM

Because Carr can't throw a football past 10 yards and expect a completion. Andre is an all around threat as a receiver and David Carr neutralized half his game. All Andre did this year was run 5-10 yard routes so as to get the ball. Last night they showed one of these routes on NFL Network and what did carr do? Nothing, he watched Andre run WIDE open across in front of him and did not throw the football. Instead he curled up like the sissy he is and took another sack. The o-line can only protect you so long. Whne you SUCK, you rack up sacks like no other. The blame for this guy's miserable play has always been deflected.

ZERO winning season out of 5.
Can't read a defense as shown above (hot read Andre Wide open).Takes off with the football when no pressure because his #1 is covered. Loves to run out of bounds for a loss = ANOTHER SACK that gets blamed on the o-line.

He had a running game this year, 2 Pro Bowl WR's.....amazingly now Moulds is called washed up....good job carr. I knew Moulds made a mistake going there. O-line blokced very well this year. The running game produced some late victories.....carr was neutralized bt the coaching staff. A great move, now he needs neutralized permanently.

Whoever gets this 100% COMPLETE LOSER, will wonder what happened 4 games into the year when they are staring at 0-4.

Everything I bolded is just completely wrong, you obviously did not watch the Texans very closely. First of all no Carr didn't take many shots downfield because most of the time once the recievers get into their routes Carr would have been sacked already. Andre got plenty of semi deep passes thrown to him where he caught it over his shoulder running down the sideline. Wow, there was a play where a WR was open and his qb didn't see him?!?! Every qb has a play or two like that a season, and usually Carr didn't miss wide open guys all that often and our guys weren't as open as they should have been.

You cannot have actually watched a Texans game and say that the reason Carr is getting sacked is not the offensive line. The O line was good at the beginning of the season, and guess who played well in the beginning of the season? That's right David Carr. In fact he had the highest qb rating in the NFL during that period, not that he was the best qb, but he was playing well. Then injury plagued our offensive line and the blocking became atrocious.

Usually when Carr takes off it's because he has to evade a defender in his "pocket of protection" and has to temporarily take his eyes off of his receivers, and once he realizes he won't have time to make the throw he usually ends up running it. Trusting his offensive linemen was a luxury that Carr did not have, most qb's have someone reliable to cover their blindside, but sure enough on nearly every play there was someone in Carr's face that he had to deal with. As for running out of bounds, he can't go that far if he can't get down-the-field blocking. In that situation he needs to throw the ball away, that is a problem for him, but no one here is mistaking Carr for Peyton Manning.

Our running game sucked this year. Ron Dayne? He is completely out of shape and the only reason his numbers are almost respectable is because he got them in clumps against the Raiders and the Colts. We had about 1,500 total rushing yards and our qb put up 200 of those. 1,300 total rushing yards is horrible, our run game could not be relied upon because it was so inconsistent. Every gain that Dayne made against the Colts should have been bigger. He tripped over his feet countless times and failed to make the play as well. Dayne is not a capable starter in the NFL.

2 Pro Bowl receivers? Andre is legitimate, but if you are calling Eric Moulds a pro bowl caliber receiver then you are a complete moron. He used to be a pro bowl caliber receiver, but he isn't anymore. He is a solid #2 option, and that is it.

Thank you for putting your uninformed view of the Texans out there, it gave me a good laugh especially this part O-line blokced very well this year.

BillsFan1991
02-17-2007, 12:08 PM
He's staying with the Texans.

smittyjs
02-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Carr just holds on to the ball WAY to long, i see him every season verse the Titans we will always sack him five or six times a game, then they bring in Sage Rosenfels and he moves the ball down the field and doesn't get sack once. It's always fun playing the texans with Carr at QB :D

JC the Savior
02-17-2007, 12:46 PM
lod01 shouldn't be allowed to talk or discuss anything about Carr.

Iamcanadian
02-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Make sense Carr would be a great fit in Oakland.

Yes, another QB with a slow release and poor ability to read defenses. Another Brooks who will keep them drafting in the top 10. Another Al Davis experiment that keeps Oakland as a bottom feeder.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-17-2007, 01:16 PM
At worst, Calvin Johnson is absolute trash. I'm sorry, but nobody in any draft is ever at worst a borderline pro-bowler. He's a great prospect, and that's al right now.

Vikes99ej
02-17-2007, 01:25 PM
How in the hell did David Carr go #1 in the draft?

Iamcanadian
02-17-2007, 02:50 PM

People weren't aware of the Tedford factor, today he'd be a round 2 pick as will any Tedford QB from now on if not worse.

Dave
02-17-2007, 02:53 PM

He went 19th out of Cal.

Bah, mistook him for Kyle Boller. Don't mind me.

:oops:

BlindSite
02-18-2007, 03:54 AM
David Carr and Kyle Boller are both still very promising young players, they just need a few things ironed out.

Carr is a strong, well-built athlete who is an effective scrambler with the arm strength to make every throw needed in the NFL. He has brilliant pocket presence and can avoid the rush extremely well. He can throw off his back foot and won't force the ball into traffic. For his experience his progressions are very well developed. His only real knock has ever been that he can at times hold onto the ball too long instead of running or throwing it away when his receivers are covered.

He's never had a coach stabilize his situation, never had an offensive line or a truly effective running game and he's only ever had one decent receiver till they brought in Eric Moulds, at which time his system gets changed and he has to deal with a new QB.

ks_perfection
02-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Andre Johnson is a great WR.

cunningham06
02-19-2007, 12:05 AM
David Carr and Kyle Boller are both still very promising young players, they just need a few things ironed out.

Carr is a strong, well-built athlete who is an effective scrambler with the arm strength to make every throw needed in the NFL. He has brilliant pocket presence and can avoid the rush extremely well. He can throw off his back foot and won't force the ball into traffic. For his experience his progressions are very well developed. His only real knock has ever been that he can at times hold onto the ball too long instead of running or throwing it away when his receivers are covered.

He's never had a coach stabilize his situation, never had an offensive line or a truly effective running game and he's only ever had one decent receiver till they brought in Eric Moulds, at which time his system gets changed and he has to deal with a new QB.

I agree with that assessment, but if Carr can't get his feet set the ball has a tendency to sail on him, or just land in the dirt, he can still get dump offs when he is off balance.

BlindSite
02-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Any WR no matter how physically impressive is decent until their route running improves. Johnson is on his way to great, he's not there yet...

Besides him being double covered on every play doesn't help.

P-L
02-19-2007, 12:16 AM
At worst, Calvin Johnson is absolute trash. I'm sorry, but nobody in any draft is ever at worst a borderline pro-bowler. He's a great prospect, and that's al right now.

Finally someone else. Help spread the word!

lod01
02-19-2007, 10:47 AM
[
You cannot have actually watched a Texans game and say that the reason Carr is getting sacked is not the offensive line. The O line was good at the beginning of the season, and guess who played well in the beginning of the season? That's right David Carr. In fact he had the highest qb rating in the NFL during that period, not that he was the best qb, but he was playing well. Then injury plagued our offensive line and the blocking became atrocious.

Usually when Carr takes off it's because he has to evade a defender in his "pocket of protection" and has to temporarily take his eyes off of his receivers, and once he realizes he won't have time to make the throw he usually ends up running it. Trusting his offensive linemen was a luxury that Carr did not have, most qb's have someone reliable to cover their blindside, but sure enough on nearly every play there was someone in Carr's face that he had to deal with. As for running out of bounds, he can't go that far if he can't get down-the-field blocking. In that situation he needs to throw the ball away, that is a problem for him, but no one here is mistaking Carr for Peyton Manning.

Our running game sucked this year. Ron Dayne? He is completely out of shape and the only reason his numbers are almost respectable is because he got them in clumps against the Raiders and the Colts. We had about 1,500 total rushing yards and our qb put up 200 of those. 1,300 total rushing yards is horrible, our run game could not be relied upon because it was so inconsistent. Every gain that Dayne made against the Colts should have been bigger. He tripped over his feet countless times and failed to make the play as well. Dayne is not a capable starter in the NFL.

2 Pro Bowl receivers? Andre is legitimate, but if you are calling Eric Moulds a pro bowl caliber receiver then you are a complete moron. He used to be a pro bowl caliber receiver, but he isn't anymore. He is a solid #2 option, and that is it.

Thank you for putting your uninformed view of the Texans out there, it gave me a good laugh especially this part O-line blokced very well this year.

Wow you got no clue. I just hit on a couple of your ridiculously bad observations.

The Raiders have one of the best defenses this past year. They had 542 runs agains them...because the OFFENSE sucked. They were able to hold the opposing team to 4.0 ypc even though they LIVED on the field. That's a fact. Also, the fact that RON DAYNE averaged 4.1 ypc says the o-line was FANTASTIC to open up holes for a fat out of shape RB, wouldn't you say? You did say he was out of shape....he averaged 4.1 ypc as a fat out of shape RB.. Understand? He sucked according to you yet he had 4.1 ypc. Expalin that. I can. It's called an o-line opening up holes.

Agaisnt Oakland, somehow the O-line could allow Dayne this fantastic game. Also you failed to mention that the fat slow out of shape Dayne busted out for 5.2 vs NE. Explain that one. Nevermind.

Now onto the sackmaster carr. Same game carr pumped out 4 sacks in the 1st half Sage R. was sacked ZERO times vs TENN. No need to even go further there. That's a fact.

I love the 'cling to carr's QB rating part. I wonder why? I'll explain. It's called dink and dunk. Here's a quote from Keith Bullock after a game vs Texans: 'David Carr isn't a threat to win a game. You just let him have those short throws becasue we know he can't beat us deep.'

he sees what I see and you cannot grasp. But hey, you do have that fantastic QB rating .....and tons of LOSSES to back it's validity up.

The fact is simple. Carr sucks and will be a loser wherever he goes. Also, you don't know what you are talking about as shown above.

lod01
02-19-2007, 10:50 AM
lod01 shouldn't be allowed to talk or discuss anything about Carr.

Because I'm right on all points about him?

Bearsfan123
02-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow you got no clue. I just hit on a couple of your ridiculously bad observations.

The Raiders have one of the best defenses this past year. They had 542 runs agains them...because the OFFENSE sucked. They were able to hold the opposing team to 4.0 ypc even though they LIVED on the field. That's a fact. Also, the fact that RON DAYNE averaged 4.1 ypc says the o-line was FANTASTIC to open up holes for a fat out of shape RB, wouldn't you say? You did say he was out of shape....he averaged 4.1 ypc as a fat out of shape RB.. Understand? He sucked according to you yet he had 4.1 ypc. Expalin that. I can. It's called an o-line opening up holes.

Agaisnt Oakland, somehow the O-line could allow Dayne this fantastic game. Also you failed to mention that the fat slow out of shape Dayne busted out for 5.2 vs NE. Explain that one. Nevermind.

Now onto the sackmaster carr. Same game carr pumped out 4 sacks in the 1st half Sage R. was sacked ZERO times vs TENN. No need to even go further there. That's a fact.

I love the 'cling to carr's QB rating part. I wonder why? I'll explain. It's called dink and dunk. Here's a quote from Keith Bullock after a game vs Texans: 'David Carr isn't a threat to win a game. You just let him have those short throws becasue we know he can't beat us deep.'

he sees what I see and you cannot grasp. But hey, you do have that fantastic QB rating .....and tons of LOSSES to back it's validity up.

The fact is simple. Carr sucks and will be a loser wherever he goes. Also, you don't know what you are talking about as shown above.

I think he needs help. Plain and simple. I think hes been hit so many times, he probably doesnt believe the line CAN give him time. I think he needs to go to a team with a strong running attack, a solid o line, and decent receivers. Some possibilities where I see Carr succeeding are: Kansas City, Chicago, Jacksonville, Minny, Philly(they dont need a QB but McNabb could tutor), Jets, Seattle, and St. Louis. The best place IMO would be St. Louis, Seattle, or the Jets.

jag
02-19-2007, 11:26 AM

I think he needs help. Plain and simple. I think hes been hit so many times, he probably doesnt believe the line CAN give him time. I think he needs to go to a team with a strong running attack, a solid o line, and decent receivers. Some possibilities where I see Carr succeeding are: Kansas City, Chicago, Jacksonville, Minny, Philly(they dont need a QB but McNabb could tutor), Jets, Seattle, and St. Louis. The best place IMO would be St. Louis, Seattle, or the Jets.
I wouldn't mind giving a 4th rounder for him.

cunningham06
02-19-2007, 03:33 PM
[

Yes, the Raiders did have one of the best defenses in the NFL. However, against the run they are ranked 25th. This is a bit unfair since they were on the field so much, so I wouldn't say they were bad like their ranking suggests, but that they were average. If you had watched the Texans games vs. the Raiders you would know what I am talking about. I have never seen a more pathetic showing on both sides of the ball for both teams. It was like watching two minor league teams play each other. What's interesting to see is that Dayne got nearly all of his carries in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. The defense was getting worn down and that is when Dayne got his carries. The Raiders defensive unit played like trash all game, very differently from the Raiders defense the rest of the season. Maybe it was lack of motivation, or something else, but for some reason the whole defense played horribly against an offense that lesser defenses had no trouble shutting down. Many defenses have off games, Oakland had one against the Texans. Pretty simple.

Ok lets try this again. The reason that he had the 4.1 average is mainly because he got 1/4 of his total rushing yards in one game against the Colts. That ones pretty self explanatory because the Colts run defense was the worst.

Against NE, lets take a look at the score. Wow, the Texans lost 40-7. Now when you are behind by this much two things usually happen. 1: The opposing team starts resting its starters and puts the backups on the field, and 2: Teams start playing mainly pass defense and let the run go just to burn out the clock so they can walk away with the win. That should pretty much explain why he had a good game, but if that isn't clear enough then there is no point in this because I don't feel like teaching you the nuances of the game of football.

Regardless, that part of the argument is erroneous, the offensive line's run blocking is not the point, it is their pass blocking which is important here. The pass blocking this season from our offensive line was horrible because there were several bad injuries, and many of the guys just aren't talented.

As for Sage, it isn't that uncommon to see a backup qb come in in the same game when the starter is benched and do well. There was no game film to speak of on Sage with the Texans, so it's not surprising he did well. Anyway the result of that game was a loss so I don't really see what you are getting at here.

At the beginning of the season, Carr had a good qb rating, but the point is that he wasn't making mistakes. Now if he can go to a good team, and he doesn't make mistakes, they could win quite a few games. He could be a very successful game manager depending on where he goes.

The offensive line did not play well this season, that is just a plain and simple fact. You are just trying to decipher stats to prove a point you want to make, but the bottom line is that the offensive line was bad this season. I went to nearly every Texans home game, and I watched as snap after snap the offensive linemen stumbled, and lost control of their man and the pocket collapsed.

Perhaps you should stop trying to discuss a team that you obviously know very little about.

wesbun27
02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Oakland:

Houston:

Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.

Your acting like CJ is already a all-pro WR. Moss is probably gone but Porter is gonna stay. Oak has Porter,Curry and Doug Gabriel. Oak needs to draft Russell. Carr has had 5 seasons and he has done nothing. Raiders need a fresh start at Qb

yourfavestoner
02-19-2007, 08:09 PM

I wouldn't mind giving a 4th rounder for him.

I've thought about it, too, and I'm starting to like the idea. If we can add a legitimate deep threat at receiver, we'd have everything he'd need to be successful. At the very least, we could sign him short term and let him battle it out with Leftwich for the starting job. That way you still know you'd have a solid backup in case the starter gets injured or stinks the place up. Then, at the end of the season, you extend the one who played better.

lod01
02-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Against NE, lets take a look at the score. Wow, the Texans lost 40-7.

I know this much. Carr has never had a winning season and never will. And the 40-7 game. Whose fault was that? Carr singlehandely dug that huge hole with his horrid play. Tossing 4 INT's that caused the route. Put the team on his shoulders = sack and loss. Fact is that he can't get it done and had proven it. All you have is so called potential. If this loser was in this year's draft, he would go in the 2nd day at best. I've watched 4 years of this bum. Andre Johnson deserves far better than this. His talents are wasted with this zero of a QB.

Iamcanadian
02-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Against NE, lets take a look at the score. Wow, the Texans lost 40-7.

I know this much. Carr has never had a winning season and never will. And the 40-7 game. Whose fault was that? Carr singlehandely dug that huge hole with his horrid play. Tossing 4 INT's that caused the route. Put the team on his shoulders = sack and loss. Fact is that he can't get it done and had proven it. All you have is so called potential. If this loser was in this year's draft, he would go in the 2nd day at best. I've watched 4 years of this bum. Andre Johnson deserves far better than this. His talents are wasted with this zero of a QB.

I agree, good NFL QB's adjust over time and also make the players around him better. Carr is what he is, a mediocre leader with mediocre skills. He has a very slow release, has a lot of difficulty picking up 2nd and 3rd options, doesn't inspire anybody to play better. He's another Harrington, a career bacxkup QB at best.