PDA

View Full Version : What Do you Guys Think of Josh Johnson?

Raven Domination
11-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Plays for San Diego and has put up some seriously sick numbers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=166992

D-Rod
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Someone'll take a late round chance on him, and might get very lucky. But with that level of competition, he'd get burned in the NFL if he was thrown in before 2010.

Incidentally, I'd shy away from someone who threw under 50% vs Dayton.

YAYareaRB
11-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I watched him and Marshawn Lynch both play at Oakland Tech when I was younger. Meanest option along with big Leon Powe split out at WR, that team was raw. I thought Josh Johnson would surely go D-1 seeing him play but he chose another route obviously. I would take a chance on him in the
3rd or early 4th rounds based on numbers and potential alone. Decent size, good feet, good arm. Should be playing at a D-1.

Don Vito
11-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I watched him and Marshawn Lynch both play at Oakland Tech when I was younger. Meanest option along with big Leon Powe split out at WR, that team was raw. I thought Josh Johnson would surely go D-1 seeing him play but he chose another route obviously. I would take a chance on him in the
3rd or early 4th rounds based on numbers and potential alone. Decent size, good feet, good arm. Should be playing at a D-1.

When you say Leon Powe do you mean the basketball player who is on the Celtics? If you do, that is a mean ******* wideout. He is huge. I cannot imagine him at WR, if he was decent that must have been a ridiculous team with Johnson and Kynch too.

I like Josh Johnson a lot, I haven't been able to see too much of him but I love what I see. He is a little lanky, but he is a great athlete with a strong, accurate arm. He looks like a good decision maker as well, his numbers back all of his praise.

Travis 24
11-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I'd rather take a chance on him over guys like Henne and Booty..lemme put it that way

aheineken
11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I've got him battling for my #5 QB with Henne and Brennan behind Woodson, Brohm, Ryan, and Dixon.

BucSappy
11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Like Dixon and Brennan I'm worried about his frail frame.

11-13-2007, 03:54 PM
the ultimate project QB with enormous upside if brought along correctly

SchizophrenicBatman
11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
He's not someone you can count on anytime soon---or maybe even ever. For that reason, I wouldn't draft him before the 4th round. But there's a lot of upside with him and plenty of time to wait for him to develop since he's only 21

BucSappy
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
the ultimate project QB with enormous upside if brought along correctly

I thought that was Derek Anderson? Great size, great arm, good athleticism. At least Scott thought so.

BamaFalcon59
11-13-2007, 08:12 PM
That schedule is obviously rediculous, and I don't really like thin QBs. So, I wouldn't take him before the 5th.

But a 42:1 TD:INT ratio is rediculous.

YAYareaRB
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
When you say Leon Powe do you mean the basketball player who is on the Celtics? If you do, that is a mean ******* wideout. He is huge. I cannot imagine him at WR, if he was decent that must have been a ridiculous team with Johnson and Kynch too.

I like Josh Johnson a lot, I haven't been able to see too much of him but I love what I see. He is a little lanky, but he is a great athlete with a strong, accurate arm. He looks like a good decision maker as well, his numbers back all of his praise.

Yup they had him split out the. He was pretty athletic for being so damn big. I'm not sure whether WR was his primary position because he lined up as TE sometimes as well.

myinnerself
11-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't know why people say he's a project, I understand the level of play, but as I've said all over, I work at USD for the football team, and see this kid practice every day, and not only does he have really really top notch physical skills, but absolutely has GREAT football knowledge. Smart kid, who can read defenses and simply doesn't throw into coverage. His 1 INT this year was on a tipped ball, and that was IT. I was extremely skeptical with everyone saying he could be a 3rd round pick, but I absolutely believe it after seeing him as close as I have all this year. He is Dennis Dixon with a much much better arm and much better passing skills both mentally and physically. The one knock I and everyone else will have on him is his frail frame, but that being said he hasn't missed a single game and as far as I know a single snap his whole career with injury. I've seen him take numerous shots. At the next level they will beef him up and get him growing. I wouldn't go out there and say all this if I didn't really believe it, and I will put myself out there and say that I would be surprised if he didn't surprise a lot of people at the next level. His football knowledge and ability to read defenses is just too good for him not to be ok, and his physical ability is all there. Big arm, I've seen him throw it 70 yards in the air in a game and hit a receiver in stride, he throws a gorgeous 10-15 yard out, and absolutely shreds zones over the middle and has touch too. I just can't say enough about this kid's skills. NFL scouts have been watching him at practice all year, 5 came in one day. He is a great quarterback. I really think he'll be something at the next level as long as he gets some meat on those bones. End of a long rant, but I really feel strongly about Josh's skills, nice kid too.

jbeans187
11-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't know why people say he's a project, I understand the level of play, but as I've said all over, I work at USD for the football team, and see this kid practice every day, and not only does he have really really top notch physical skills, but absolutely has GREAT football knowledge. Smart kid, who can read defenses and simply doesn't throw into coverage. His 1 INT this year was on a tipped ball, and that was IT. I was extremely skeptical with everyone saying he could be a 3rd round pick, but I absolutely believe it after seeing him as close as I have all this year. He is Dennis Dixon with a much much better arm and much better passing skills both mentally and physically. The one knock I and everyone else will have on him is his frail frame, but that being said he hasn't missed a single game and as far as I know a single snap his whole career with injury. I've seen him take numerous shots. At the next level they will beef him up and get him growing. I wouldn't go out there and say all this if I didn't really believe it, and I will put myself out there and say that I would be surprised if he didn't surprise a lot of people at the next level. His football knowledge and ability to read defenses is just too good for him not to be ok, and his physical ability is all there. Big arm, I've seen him throw it 70 yards in the air in a game and hit a receiver in stride, he throws a gorgeous 10-15 yard out, and absolutely shreds zones over the middle and has touch too. I just can't say enough about this kid's skills. NFL scouts have been watching him at practice all year, 5 came in one day. He is a great quarterback. I really think he'll be something at the next level as long as he gets some meat on those bones. End of a long rant, but I really feel strongly about Josh's skills, nice kid too.

His frail figure is what will make him a project. I know hes good but 70 yards in the air, and comparing him to Dennis Dixon, tell me u where exaggerating a little bit

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
He reminds me so much of Travaris Jackson as a prospect, and I mean that as a compliment, TJ was a very impressive prospect, unfortunately he's been poorly coached and stuck in a bad situation.

myinnerself
11-17-2007, 04:37 PM
His frail figure is what will make him a project. I know hes good but 70 yards in the air, and comparing him to Dennis Dixon, tell me u where exaggerating a little bit

I am in NO WAY exaggerating. Have you seen Josh Johnson play? If not, why are you talking? I see the kid play every single day of the week. He can throw it 70 yards in the air, he has a better arm, and better passing skills, release, etc that Dennis Dixon. Thanks for playing.