PDA

View Full Version : 1 rounder (of 3)

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't mind the; "worst picks ever, get your head outta your ass, we will never take him, i oughtta slap your mamma for bein that stupid etc." but just say who you would rather have instead and of course why.

1. Miami - Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
2. St. Louis - Jake Long OT Michigan
3. NY Jets - Tyson Jackson DE LSU
4. Atlanta - Matt Ryan QB Boston College
5. New England(f/SF) - Quentin Groves LB Auburn
6. Oakland - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
7. Minnesota - Kenny Phillips S Miami
8. Cincinnati - Chris Long DE Virginia
9. Chicago - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
10. Houston - Sam Baker OT USC
11. Arizona - Vernon Gholston DE OSU
12. Philidelphia - Gosder Cherilus OT BC
13. New Orleans - Sedrik Ellis DT USC
14. Buffalo - Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
15. Denver - Dan Connor LB Penn St
16. Tampa Bay - Desean Jackson WR Cal
17. Seattle - Johnathon Stewart RB Oregon
18. San Diego - James Laurinaitis LB OSU
19. Carolina - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
20. Washington - Calais Campbell DE Miami
21. Baltimore - Derrik Harvey DE Florida
22. Dallas(f/Cle) - Malcolm Jenkins CB OSU
23. Kansas City - Justin King CB PSU
24. Detroit - Mike Jenkins CB USF
25. Tennessee - Adarius Bowman WR
26. Jacksonville - Tony Hills OT Texas
27. Pittsburgh - Limas Sweed WR Texas
28. NY Giants - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
29. Green Bay - Steve Slaton RB WVU
30. San Francisco(f/IND) - Dre Moore DT Maryland
31. Dallas- Early Doucet WR LSU

fischbowl
11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Perfect Bills Pick.

neko4
11-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Good Packers pick, not great, but good

Babylon
11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Tyson Jackson way too high, Jets take Chris Long.
Quinton Groves is overrated, Pats trade down a bit and take Lauranitis.
Houston always needs line help but opts for Jonathon Stewart.
Desean Jackson to me is a 2nd, Bucs surprise and take Jordy Nelson.
And Carolina fans dance the night away after you get them Brohm.

Scotty D
11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't like King at all. Rather have Mike Jenkins.

Sniper
11-09-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't even know what the Eagles need the most at this point. OT, CB, S, WR, DE, TE. I suppose Baker fits then, considering our love for OL and our love for the pass. Good pick.

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 06:42 PM

Definately appreciate the explanations. Most of us jets feel that chris long is too light to play in a 3-4 and since there is no true NT, I feel that the next best thing would be to take a BIG DE to take up the blockers that Drob most definately cannot handle. I don't like the pick of Dmac for them at all, too much money and not a need at all. (although I wouldn't be upset if they actually took them) My next bet would be of course to trade down and take gholston or groves and later get a dre moore or kendal langford for our DE.
I think that groves would be a perfect fit for the pats, but you can never predict trading down and i don't pretend to try. But i agree the pats would do well with laurinits as well.

scottyboy
11-09-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm loving the Giants pick. great job

Yung Flippa
11-09-2007, 06:45 PM
If Calais Campbell is one pick away, I'm pretty sure that the Ravens move up one pick and pick up him up.

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 06:48 PM
If Calais Campbell is one pick away, I'm pretty sure that the Ravens move up one pick and pick up him up.

I thought of that as well, but I didn't want to have him fall to them, becuase I can't convince myself that the skins would pass on him. But I do feel they would trade up, but I dont like predicting trades. Everytime i try to i'm always wrong.

HoopsDemon12
11-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Perfect Bills Pick.

I second that motion

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't like King at all. Rather have Mike Jenkins.

Yaa, i wanted to either give you guys king, jenkins or possibly reggie smith. I decided with king and I figured I would wait for what the majority of lions fans wanted and then most likely change it.

Sniper
11-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Yaa, i wanted to either give you guys king, jenkins or possibly reggie smith. I decided with king and I figured I would wait for what the majority of lions fans wanted and then most likely change it.

Yeah but for the Lions I really don't think King fits their scheme. Cover 2 corners tend to be bigger and not a *****, and King weighs (officially) 185, looks 170 and gets annihilated against bigger wideouts. He's a non-factor in the run game.

Jakey
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Love the Steelers pick A+

T-RICH49
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
not a fan of Cherilus personally.Justin King or Antoine Cason would be better

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah but for the Lions I really don't think King fits their scheme. Cover 2 corners tend to be bigger and not a *****, and King weighs (officially) 185, looks 170 and gets annihilated against bigger wideouts. He's a non-factor in the run game.

definately right, i just saw him play well against the run one game and got it stuck in my head. Once i get the opinion of a few more lions fans and see what there consensus is they'll probably end up with mike jenkins. (bless excell cause otherwise this would be quite the non-fluid mock draft hah) In which case if the other KC fans rather King than Cherilus he could end up there. With Cherilus taking the place of Tony Hills.

princefielder28
11-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Malcolm jenkins will never fall that far

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Malcolm jenkins will never fall that far

yaa, i dont see it either, but i didn't just want to put him somewhere just to appease my mind that he couldn't fall that far. I have no idea the big board of the teams drafting becuase I don't know there needs as well as i know my teams, but if there is a team picking before dallas that thinks jenkins would be a much better fit than who they got I'll gladly hear why I should change it.

Don Vito
11-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I love the Pats pick, Groves is a great pick.

Travis 24
11-09-2007, 07:37 PM
The Eagles really do not need a tackle..The biggest need is in the secondary. They just lost Considine for the season, and Dawkins may retire...they also lose Lito Sheppard for atleast 4 games a year...

Malcolm Jenkins, Reggie Smith would make a lot more sense..

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I love the Pats pick, Groves is a great pick.

it really pained me to write his name down for you guys haha I definately do not want to see him twice a year, but he would be one hell of a player on your defense.

RaiderNation
11-09-2007, 08:59 PM
A++ raider pick can pass him up

TimD
11-09-2007, 09:09 PM
"worst picks ever, get your head outta your ass, we will never take him, i oughtta slap your mamma for bein that stupid etc."

I have a feeling the Jets go with McFadden. The organization needs a player everyone can get really excited about. We need a guy that makes the defense say 'oh crap, this guy can score whenever he touches the ball..' I know we have T Jones and Leon, but Jones hasn't been doing that well (partly from playcalling) and Leon is more of a KR and 3rd Down guy than an every down guy.

BroadwayJoe10
11-09-2007, 09:15 PM
"worst picks ever, get your head outta your ass, we will never take him, i oughtta slap your mamma for bein that stupid etc."

I have a feeling the Jets go with McFadden. The organization needs a player everyone can get really excited about. We need a guy that makes the defense say 'oh crap, this guy can score whenever he touches the ball..' I know we have T Jones and Leon, but Jones hasn't been doing that well (partly from playcalling) and Leon is more of a KR and 3rd Down guy than an every down guy.

I understand wanting to get excited about a player, but sinking a gauranteed 30 million into mcfadden when we already gave a ton of gauranteed money to jones is something i dont see our FO doing. Plus, I definately think we could get excited about a guy who is 6'9 300 and runs a 4.9 40. We'll see what happens, but for this mock I don't see the jets draftin him.

OSUGiants17
11-09-2007, 09:18 PM

agree w/ everything ecepet what I underlined. Also, great giants pick

Beans
11-09-2007, 10:00 PM
sexy awesome bucs pick

TheWood56
11-10-2007, 01:37 AM
You have Derrick Harvey going twice in the 1st, to the Ravens and the Steelers. As a Steelers fan though, I love the pick.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-10-2007, 01:43 AM
booo bad pick for Oakland.We cant pass on Chris Long we have zero pass rush ability from the RDE position.RB is a late round need.We have Fargas and Bush.When you have the ZBS you dont need to draft an elite RB to have a good rushing game.

VPF
11-10-2007, 01:48 AM
you have sam baker going twice. i like the packers pick though.

BroadwayJoe10
11-10-2007, 01:49 AM
You have Derrick Harvey going twice in the 1st, to the Ravens and the Steelers. As a Steelers fan though, I love the pick.

thanks, fixed it. Not sure how well i like that pick, but i think the steelers could use a replenishment at possibly Oline with the probable loss of some key players or the direction i am going in WR.

BroadwayJoe10
11-10-2007, 01:54 AM
you have sam baker going twice. i like the packers pick though.

thanks, fixed that one as well.

TheWood56
11-10-2007, 02:28 AM
thanks, fixed it. Not sure how well i like that pick, but i think the steelers could use a replenishment at possibly Oline with the probable loss of some key players or the direction i am going in WR.

I agree that the Steelers will need to address o-line in the draft, though I think we also need a more consistant pass rush. So looking at who was left on the board, I really liked the Derrick Harvey selection, until I noticed Harvey was selected ahead of us by the Ravens.

Crow
11-10-2007, 02:45 AM
McFadden at 6 overall is enough to make my heart explode. Beauty.

Crazy_Chris
11-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Kenny Phillips = Perfect Vikings Pick!

soybean
11-10-2007, 03:09 AM
wouldn't limas sweed go back to school for another year considering his injury? also if he doesn't i doubt he'd be a first round pick being out of the game for a year.

Wyndham
11-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Awful for the cover-2 Chiefs.

Hills, Doucet... anyone but a guy who can't play a lick of zone coverage, nevermind the fact he'd be a nickelback at best and KC needs more help elsewhere.

BroadwayJoe10
11-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Awful for the cover-2 Chiefs.

Hills, Doucet... anyone but a guy who can't play a lick of zone coverage, nevermind the fact he'd be a nickelback at best and KC needs more help elsewhere.

I wanted to give the chiefs a cb, but since I wasn't too familiar with the needs and exact defense I just replaced who i originally had you guys having with the CB a previous fan asked for.

aNYtitan
11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Titans do not need a big possession receiver to help Vince Young. I think he needs someone who can make a play after the catch, such as Early Doucet, or we can trade up for someone such as DeSean Jackson, who would be the most ideal pick.

Babylon
11-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Titans do not need a big possession receiver to help Vince Young. I think he needs someone who can make a play after the catch, such as Early Doucet, or we can trade up for someone such as DeSean Jackson, who would be the most ideal pick.

Early Doucet would be ideal, you wouldnt have to trade up to take Jackson as far as i'm concerned.

diabsoule
11-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Sedrick Ellis is a great pick for the Saints. I would also rather the Steelers go with someone other than Sweed. Antoine Cason would be a pretty good pick for the Stillers. With Nate Washington and Santonio Holmes catching on and with Hines Ward still being on the team I don't think they need to address WR this early.

Hines
11-10-2007, 12:28 PM
i dotn like the steelers first pick...if we do go reciever, it will be bowman or someone like that..sweed is hurt which makes his value and stock go down..if he doesnt go back to school and enters the draft, he is at least a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best

BaLLiN
11-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Good giants pick

Bills2083
11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Great Bills pick

Borat
11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Good job with the 9ers pick.

Man_Of_Steel
11-10-2007, 08:05 PM
If the choice came down to Sweed or Clady (both were availiable in your draft) the pick would be Clady.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
bah, cason is too similar to ross for my liking. I'd perfer Reggie Smith to finally give us a safety who flourishes in coverage. Then take the top CB in round 2.

Caddy
11-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Stellar Buc pick. Desean and Galloway would be a nightmare.

rodri20
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
the pats are not gonna pick groves because BB loves LB with experience and has never drafted a LB before the 4th round... if they pick a LB it would be James Laurinaitis even when I think he might not be a good fit for a 3-4 defense but he has talent no doubt about it... i would say Kenny phillips so they can move meriweather to CB... Darren Mcfadden because imagine Maroney- Mcfadden... Even Calais Campbell because BB loves monters for the D-line... Jake Long if he is still available because imagine giving more time to brady....

skinzzfan25
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Perfect Skins Pick

BroadwayJoe10
11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
the pats are not gonna pick groves because BB loves LB with experience and has never drafted a LB before the 4th round... if they pick a LB it would be James Laurinaitis even when I think he might not be a good fit for a 3-4 defense but he has talent no doubt about it... i would say Kenny phillips so they can move meriweather to CB... Darren Mcfadden because imagine Maroney- Mcfadden... Even Calais Campbell because BB loves monters for the D-line... Jake Long if he is still available because imagine giving more time to brady....

unless you are part of the pats FO you simply cannot say that they won't pick someone with 100% certainty. You can say that you may think hes not going to, but you definately can't say they wont. And personally, I feel that laurinaitis would be a reach when they are drafting as high as they are and i think they will try to trade down. But, if they are stuck drafting in the position they are in groves is a much more versatile playmaker in my opinion. But they'll do well either way.