PDA

View Full Version : My first mock of the season and it's dank

TheChosenOne
11-09-2007, 07:35 PM
The order is based off of the ESPN power rankings....except I think the Giants are going to be the NFC's sacrificial lamb to the AFC representative (aka the Pats or Colts).

I would love as much feedback as possible, but it is really just annoying when the feedback is "oh my god you're so flippin ******** how could you ever think..." honestly it makes you look unintelligent and like an ass to do that....constructive feedback is always way better, and more fun.

Anyway, enjoy

#1 Dolphins-OT Jake Long, Michigan
The Dolphins roster is bare and they will probably have to trade away Jason Taylor in the off-season. The only commodities they have that are worth protecting are Ronnie Brown and their 2nd round pick John Beck. John Beck will have enough trouble as it is having success on a team with barely any talent, but it will be much more challenging if they give him no protection. There are questions about Longís ability to play left tackle in the NFL, but the bottom line is that he is the best offensive lineman in the draft and that happens to be a huge need of the Dolphins.

#2 Rams-DE Calais Campbell, Miami
This could be Glenn Dorsey or Chris Long; I guess it is a matter of who the Rams like the most. My guess will be Campbell because he has the highest upside due to his off the charts athleticism and triangle numbers he will post during workouts. The Rams defense is horrendous, and the fact is that a good pass rush can atone for many sins on defense, just ask the Giants.

#3 Jets-DE Chris Long, Virginia
Darren McFadden is a luxury this team cannot afford even though the fans will probably be calling for him. This team needs to start over and work from the trenches outward. Chris Long to date has 12 sacks in his senior season, and his ability to rush the passer was his biggest question mark before the season started. He is a great prospect in his own right despite his bloodlines, and is a great selection for the Jets, as he will help in many areas on their defense.

#4 Patriots (F/SF)-RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
I donít see how this is fair. The Patriots are rolling at the moment, and they could end up with a top 5 pick and the best player in the draft. They do have actual needs, such as middle linebacker, but McFadden is a luxury that they can afford to have, and you can even argue that the Patriots running game is an area of need. Despite investing a first round pick on Maroney I do not believe the Patriots would pass on the chance to bring in McFadden because he is a superstar waiting to happen.

#5 Falcons-QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
The Falcons are a mess and I am just waiting for DeAngelo Hall to be traded before he walks away as a free agent after the 08 season. The quarterback coach connection is fairly obvious and with the way the coaching staff is treating their players, favoring the youngsters, it seems like this is the way Petrino wants to go, rebuilding with young players. Here is your hand picked quarterback Bobby, best of luck.

#6 Raiders-DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
What happened to the Raiders defense? 30th in the league against the run, I thought the defense was supposed to make them playoff contenders? Thereís always next year. Glenn Dorsey is a stud and may have been the first DT taken in the 07 draft, and this year he is a lock for a top 10 pick if not top 5.

#7 Bengals-DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
The Bengals are terrible. I mean terrible. On the bright side the offensive passing game still did well despite an injured running back and a terrible defense. They should get a pass rusher but one is not available so here is the next best thing. Please, stop the run. If you do that you could get the ball back in Palmerís hand to throw it. This isnít rocket science.

#8 Broncos-WR DeSean Jackson, Cal
Yes the Broncos need defensive lineman and lots of them. But the top two defensive tackles are off the board and they should not reach for the next one with a top 10 pick. Here is my logic: Cutler is expected to become John Elway, which I personally believe he can do thanks to his cannon of an arm and ridiculous moxy, but for the love of g-d give him some help. Having one receiver who gets injured does not help him. Jackson may never be a true #1 in the league, but in Denver he doesnít need to be. He can work underneath from the slot, and also be a homerun threat at all times. I think Cutler will like this selection.

#9 Bears-QB Matt Ryan, BC
I donít know why I need to explain this but I will. Grossman is horrendous and Griese might be worse. Seriously, it is terrible. It is always hard to start over at quarterback especially since Chicagoís window is beginning to close, but they have no choice. Maybe they should get a veteran who actually is worth his salary to bridge the gap a little.

#10 Vikings-DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
I know, I know, how is this not a quarterback, I am off my rocker and the worst mock drafter of all time. Listen, I 100% am convinced that Donovan McNabb will be the Viking starting quarterback next season, itís a bold prediction, but I believe it will happen and there fore the Vikings do not draft a quarterback. They move onto a different weakness. Their defense is very talented but the ends can be upgraded over. They can definitely use a better pass rush and Harvey can provide that.

#11 Eagles-OLB Dan Connor, Penn St.
This to me seems like a no brainer. What other reason do the Eagles need to draft Conner? They need linebackers, Connor is great value, and oh, he played at Penn St. To me this needs no further explanation.

#12 Cardinals-DE Quentin Groves, Auburn
The Cardinals have pieces in place and if Leinart next season can take a large step forward they will be very competitive. In the mean time, the team wants to switch to the 3-4, which requires certain personnel to operate. Groves first the mold of a 3-4 OLB and can get after the quarterback, which will always be a high premium in the NFL.

#13 Texans-OT Sam Baker, USC
To me this one is so obvious it is hard to explain it. The Texans have been searching for a franchise left tackle literally since they started their franchise. Sam Baker can finally fill the huge void that the Texans always have on their roster. It to me is as simple as it gets for draft selections.

#14 Panthers-QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky
Delhomme is injured and aging. Vinny Testeverde is now, 147? And David Carr apparently will be sacked no matter what team he plays for. Oh well, time to try again. Andre Woodson has been said to be the only quarterback in this class with star potential, so luckily he is the one of the big three that falls to Carolina. It is a shame to see Steve Smith without a consistent quarterback.

#15 Bills-OLB Keith Rivers, USC
The Bills probably have bigger needs but they do need linebackers and people like Keith Rivers do not come along very often. The guy the Trojans allow to wear #55 is better than the #15 pick in the draft and he will most likely make the teams who passed on him pay for it during his career.

#16 Ravens-CB Justin Smith, Penn St.
The Ravens have many problems on offense, too bad the value isnít there to draft. Back to the defense, on Monday Big Ben showed what happens if the Ravens do not have their starting corners, who are both over 30 so that will only increase in regularity, the team gets torched. I absolutely love Justin Smith, he is going to run a 4.2 at the combine and his stock will soar. He has so much potential it is scary.

#17 Seahawks-RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
Shaun Alexander is finished. Iím sorry but he is done. The Seahawks need to reload and Stewart is a great way to do so. He has an incredible blend of size, power, and speed, and is a gift at the 18th pick.
#18 Chiefs-OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
The Chiefs need a quarterback, but the big three are off the board. Good thing they always desperately need offensive lineman. They had two hall of famers retire and did nothing to replace themÖÖsmart. Ryan Clady may be long gone by this time on draft day but if he is around this selection makes too much sense not to happenÖ..but then of course whenever that is the case it never does happen.

#19 Chargers-S Kenny Philips, Miami
I am a Miami Hurricane fan so donít think that I do not believe Philips is very good, I just didnít see a place to put him further up the draft. I am sure by April that will all change but for now the Chargers get easily the steal of the draft. Did I mention this is easily the steal of the draft?

#20 Buccaneers-CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
I do not even know what to say for the Bucs but they have two aging corners and that is where I came up with this pick. I know that sounds ignorant but they do need youth at corner and their top needs arenít really good value here. The Bucs play a cover 2, obviously, which means Casonís speed concerns will not matter too much in Tampaís system.

#21 Redskins-WR Adarius Bowman, OSU
Is this a reach? Yea, probably. Do they need to make this selection. Most likely, yes. The Redskins have busted on enough receivers they have added by means other than the draft, and most of them are small, faster guys. They need home grown talent in the form of a big man to compliment those little guys. This selection makes sense.

#22 Saints-CB Malcolm Jenkins, OSU
The Saints pass defense is horrendous, period. They need help, and they need it now. Jenkins has a good blend of size and speed and should he come out early he will find himself in contention to be one of the first players off the board at his position, probably around this area of the draft.

#23 Jaguars-CB Mike Jenkins, USF
The Jaguars themselves are ranked in the bottom third in pass defense, and the last I checked if you have the Colts in your division that will most likely have to increase if you want to win the division. Mike Jenkins is the best player on South Florida and is a local kid that the Jaguars can groom.

#24 Cowboys (F/CLE)-CB/S Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
It is no secret where the Cowboys biggest needs lie, in the secondary. It has long been rumored that Anthony Henry will be moved to safety, and even if he is not they still need corner help because both Henry and Newman are over 30. Needless to say Reggie Smith the corner safety tweener will help the Cowboys as he can be moved around to whichever position the Cowboys need more.

#25 Lions-OT Gosder Cherilus, BC
This pick has to be defense, right? Well no, and here is why. The Lions have allowed 36 sacks this season, and it is hard for anyone to withstand such a beating let alone 32 year old (I think he is 32) Kitna. The defense has played surprisingly well and to me 36 sacks in 8 games is horrendous and should be the #1 priority in the off-season.

#26 Titans-WR Limas Sweed, Texas
Limas Sweed was injured this season but if he can ran alright in workouts I think he can be in the late first round due to the lack of talent in the receiving class this year. Vince Young needs help, LenDale White is playing very well but if Young is to ever be a solid passer, he needs someone to actually throw to. Enter former teammate Limas Sweed, the chemistry is already in place.

#27 Packers-RB Steve Slaton, West Virginia
Do I reallllly need to explain this one???

#28 Steelers-OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan
Crableís stock is soaring and he is a good 3-4 fit as an outside linebacker. The Steelers linebackers have always been one of their strengths but recently they have been lacking and getting older, so it might be a good time to begin replenishing the talent.

#29 Cowboys-WR Early Doucet, LSU
This is essentially a luxury pick thanks to Clevelandís first round pick, but they do have holes to fill still. They do have a great offense but Owens is not getting younger, Glenn isnít either and he has knee issues. This would be a good time to bring in a young guy to groom.

#30 49ers (F/IND)-DT Frank Okam, Texas
If I were running the 9ers I would draft Chad Henne, Alex Smith is horrendous. However, I have a feeling the former #1 pick will get one more chance to prove he can lead the 9ers anywhere. In the mean time, the 9ers have plenty of other needs, such as everything except running back. (To their credit they have a pretty good pass defense and solid offensive line and I absolutely love Joe Staley). Their run defense on the other hand is terrible, and if they want to win games they need to change that. Okam is 320 pounds of run stuffing material.

#31 Giants-OLB Ali Highsmith
I personally do not understand how the Giants lost starting offensive lineman from an offensive line that was terrible last year, were never replaced but are playing much better this season. Anyway, good for them as it saves them the responsibility of having to improve the offensive line very much. The Giants defense is good thanks to their incredible mixture of four great pass rushers, but they need help in other areas. They still need linebackers and defensive backs, and at this point Ali Highsmith is the best player of either of those two positions.

PACKmanN
11-09-2007, 07:40 PM
why would the Giants be in the SB over the Cowboys and Packers? and why would we take Steve Slaton over Felix Jones?

thebow305
11-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Using the word "dank", I expected more from this.... terrible phins pick. I dont even have to explain why, it's not worth my frustration.

RaiderNation
11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
A+ raider pick

Xiomera
11-09-2007, 09:27 PM
#25 Lions-OT Gosder Cherilus, BC
This pick has to be defense, right? Well no, and here is why. The Lions have allowed 36 sacks this season, and it is hard for anyone to withstand such a beating let alone 32 year old (I think he is 32) Kitna. The defense has played surprisingly well and to me 36 sacks in 8 games is horrendous and should be the #1 priority in the off-season.

I am happy with this pick. OT trumps Defensive needs, IMO. You are right.

Also happy to see Crable in Round One. He will be valued highly among 3-4 teams come April.

Cunningham
11-09-2007, 10:41 PM
#8 Broncos-WR DeSean Jackson, Cal
Yes the Broncos need defensive lineman and lots of them. But the top two defensive tackles are off the board and they should not reach for the next one with a top 10 pick. Here is my logic: Cutler is expected to become John Elway, which I personally believe he can do thanks to his cannon of an arm and ridiculous moxy, but for the love of g-d give him some help. Having one receiver who gets injured does not help him. Jackson may never be a true #1 in the league, but in Denver he doesnít need to be. He can work underneath from the slot, and also be a homerun threat at all times. I think Cutler will like this selection.
this isn't a horrible pick, in fact it might even be possible given the current state of our return game, but Cutler already has a solid trio in Walker/Marshall/Stokley. Give us Philips in this position, or trade down and pick up a linebacker.

#10 Vikings-DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
I know, I know, how is this not a quarterback, I am off my rocker and the worst mock drafter of all time. Listen, I 100% am convinced that Donovan McNabb will be the Viking starting quarterback next season, itís a bold prediction, but I believe it will happen and there fore the Vikings do not draft a quarterback. They move onto a different weakness. Their defense is very talented but the ends can be upgraded over. They can definitely use a better pass rush and Harvey can provide that.

Again, Philips.

bearfan
11-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I wouldnt be mad w/ Ryan, but I sure would like to see Philips as a Bear

princefielder28
11-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Can someone explain to me why Campbell still goes so high in mocks; guy really hasn't stepped up his game from last year and I thought he was overrated at that point anyways

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Glenn Dorsey is a great prospect and all but we have plenty of UTs and I dont get how drafting another one is gonna help us against the run.Your reasoning contradicts your picks.

neko4
11-10-2007, 12:44 AM
#27 Packers-RB Steve Slaton, West Virginia
Do I reallllly need to explain this one???
Yes please, it would help alot

litlharsh
11-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Again, Philips.

Truth. We have 3 1st round picks on the D-line and some studs on the up-and-up. Phillips to replace sharper would be ideal here.

Crow
11-10-2007, 02:32 AM
Glenn Dorsey is a great prospect and all but we have plenty of UTs and I dont get how drafting another one is gonna help us against the run.Your reasoning contradicts your picks.
You don't see how Dorsey would help us? Really?

Crazy_Chris
11-10-2007, 02:46 AM
DE isn't real need for the vikings. I don't think they take one unless a Stud DE(Chris Long, Calais Campbell) falls to them... Kenny Phillips is the Ideal pick for the Vikings at #10

TheChosenOne
11-10-2007, 03:21 AM
Yes please, it would help alot

...wow....probably since the packers have the worst running offense in the league and it will eventually catch up to them when they cant run the ball in the cold weather and their offense is entirely 1 dimensional.....

Wyndham
11-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Good thing they always desperately need offensive lineman.

This has to be among the dumbest comments you can find.

The Chiefs have a long tradition of developing great offensive lines.

Do they need one? Yes. Do they always? Uhh... watch the NFL pre-2006.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-10-2007, 12:46 PM
You don't see how Dorsey would help us? Really?
Im not saying he couldnt help although our opinions differ on Kelly and the UT situation.Dorsey could help us but not that much in the run defense.You and I both know we need a NT.Regardless if we think differently on the UT situation we both know that although Dorsey isnt bad against the run hes still not a NT.What I was saying was that his reasoning contradicts his pick.

TheChosenOne
11-10-2007, 01:47 PM
This has to be among the dumbest comments you can find.

The Chiefs have a long tradition of developing great offensive lines.

Do they need one? Yes. Do they always? Uhh... watch the NFL pre-2006.

I have to be honest, given how that is worded you are entirely right, but it honestly is a typo....sorry about that.

TheChosenOne
11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Using the word "dank", I expected more from this.... terrible phins pick. I dont even have to explain why, it's not worth my frustration.

who do you want the dolphins to take.....mcfadden a luxury you can't afford? a quarterback and just forget that you draft beck in the 2nd last year? no seriously I would LOVE to know what makes this pick terrible considering the offensive line is horrendous and every mock draft in the world has the dolphins taking Long.....its people like you I asked not to comment, you're just an unintelligent asshole

TheChosenOne
11-10-2007, 04:22 PM
why would the Giants be in the SB over the Cowboys and Packers? and why would we take Steve Slaton over Felix Jones?

seriously? you're kidding right? you're yelling at me for who i think is going to be in the superbowl? are you insane, every one has different opinions and I can't wait til the giants beat the cowboys tomorrow so i can throw that in your face....oh and slaton over jones, probably because i believe jones will go back to school to get out of mcfadden's shadow and then be a top 10 pick himself.....probably my logic there

BaLLiN
11-10-2007, 04:23 PM

I dont think he'll drop that far.

and the giants pick is not good at all IMO

Bills2083
11-10-2007, 04:36 PM
In this draft, I take it that Malcolm Kelly doesn't declare?

I'm fine with the pick of Rivers. We do need LB help. But I wouldn't be mad with Malcolm Jenkins or even Adarius Bowman. WR is our #1 need, and Marv isn't a stranger to "reaches". Rivers is a fine pick though.

Borat
11-10-2007, 07:46 PM
You've had waaaaaaaay too much "dank" if you think the SF O-line is "solid". I'm not going to look it up, but I'm pretty sure they're in the top 5 of most sacks allowed this season.

Man_Of_Steel
11-10-2007, 08:01 PM
terrrible terrible Steelers pick. Dont get me wrong i like Crable buy our LB core is our strength, I mean we have Timmons and Woodley who cant even get on the field through no fault of their own. O-line is a must.

Yung Flippa
11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I could see the Ravens trading up for Andre Woodson, but if they don't the King pick is pretty soild.

dcarey20
11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Justin King over Malcolm Jenkins? No thanks.

Jenkins has been in my opinion the most impressive draft eligible corner this year, and at this point looks like he will be first off the board if he declares. And for the Ravens, Jenkins has better size and is alot more physical than King, two traits that we'd probably prefer.

Crow
11-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Im not saying he couldnt help although our opinions differ on Kelly and the UT situation.Dorsey could help us but not that much in the run defense.You and I both know we need a NT.Regardless if we think differently on the UT situation we both know that although Dorsey isnt bad against the run hes still not a NT.What I was saying was that his reasoning contradicts his pick.
Dorsey would be the best run defender on the team the moment he was drafted, regardless of where he lines up. He'd be fine as a 4-3 nose, IMO. Having the versatility to play the 1 or 3 position is part of what makes him such a highly rated prospect.

As for out UTs, we have crap. Not a starting caliber player at the position right now, unless Gerrard Warren suddenly becomes consistent or Sapp remembers how to play.

dbtb135
11-11-2007, 06:04 AM
#20 Buccaneers-CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
I do not even know what to say for the Bucs but they have two aging corners and that is where I came up with this pick. I know that sounds ignorant but they do need youth at corner and their top needs arenít really good value here. The Bucs play a cover 2, obviously, which means Casonís speed concerns will not matter too much in Tampaís system.

#29 Cowboys-WR Early Doucet, LSU

Buchanon is playing great at CB, we've got the #2 pass defense in the NFL without Brian Kelly so he can't be that irreplaceable. Another problem is that we'd be taking a clearly inferior CB in Cason over Jenkins. Yet another is that we haven't taken a CB or DB in general earlier than late round 2 under Monte's 12 year tenure as coordinator. Plus, this CB class is going to be deep as all get out. We can get a DeJuan Tribble or Chevis Jackson or Dwight Lowery or someone later who would be just as good for us.

Caddy
11-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Nor do the Buc's need a 1st round CB or do Cover 2 CB's rarely go in the 1st round. Cason wouldn't be a bad pick, but the pick could be better used on a player such as Early Doucet.

PACKmanN
11-11-2007, 10:14 PM
seriously? you're kidding right? you're yelling at me for who i think is going to be in the superbowl? are you insane, every one has different opinions and I can't wait til the giants beat the cowboys tomorrow so i can throw that in your face....oh and slaton over jones, probably because i believe jones will go back to school to get out of mcfadden's shadow and then be a top 10 pick himself.....probably my logic there

and now who throwing what in who's face? now take the Giants off as SB champs and stop being a homer.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 12:26 AM
I think it's funny that you go on a rant about being making constructive criticism then you **** your pants when anyone questions your picks.

It's a decent mock, but there are some big flaws, namely Justin King as the first CB taken. That might have made sense in September but not anymore.

TheChosenOne
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
and now who throwing what in who's face? now take the Giants off as SB champs and stop being a homer.

i don't have them as super bowl champs genius, and im not a giant fan im a patriot fan, i hate everything that is new york

furiousgod
11-16-2007, 02:03 PM
why do i see so many mocks with the raiders picking a UT? we allready have 3 UTs on the roster, we would be MUCH better off reaching for clady or jonathan stewart. Last time i checked when your team is terrible at RUN D you dont keep piling on the UTs.

BaLLiN
11-16-2007, 04:13 PM
I dont particularly like the giants pick

11-16-2007, 04:17 PM
once again love the raiders pick of dorsey. there is no doubt that he would have the largest immediate impact on the team from any player in this years draft.

brat316
11-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Are you flippin insane what the hell is wrong with you. Nah im just playing

Eagles-Dan Connor is a good pick, but I think secondary saftey is more of a conern. And to pass up a safety from the U Phillips, is really a dumb move by the eagles. Olb if safety is gone, even then OT is more of a concern, after we saw what happen with Thomas injured and Justice stepped in. LT really.

Steelers-Yeah they need someone on the line. OT Williams from vandy, i like that guy, tough road grader, and run blocker. Also with Faneca leaving guard is a concern. Round 2 i would think maybe a DE in the 3-4.

thebow305
11-16-2007, 04:47 PM
who do you want the dolphins to take.....mcfadden a luxury you can't afford? a quarterback and just forget that you draft beck in the 2nd last year? no seriously I would LOVE to know what makes this pick terrible considering the offensive line is horrendous and every mock draft in the world has the dolphins taking Long.....its people like you I asked not to comment, you're just an unintelligent asshole

Our offensive line is one of the best in the league right now the most solid unit on our team. Our run D and just our defense as a whole is one of the worst in the league. That is my reasoning for this not being a "dank" draft. And you're wrong... most people at this point, including Scott, have us taking Dorsey with our pick, which would be much more useful than a lifetime RT. And I'm the unintelligent asshole? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.... thanks... I needed that!

TitanHope
11-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I do believe you're the most passionate one on this board about Jake Long not being a LT, thebow. What is your reasoning behind that? Also, the 'Fins OLine has improved but to say its one of the best in the league may be wishful thinking...