PDA

View Full Version : Top NFL 2008 FA

cowboysforever
11-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Any idea who the names are for next offseason? Salary Cap going up so it should make for another lucrative year for good-to-excellent Players.

Smooth Criminal
11-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Only ones I know of are Alan Faneca and Bob Sanders. Both should get huge deals.

Scotty D
11-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Jordan Gross
Briggs
Boss Bailey

Chucky
11-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Jared Allen and i think Albert Haynesworth if they dont get an extensions. If i were the Bucs i would throw a whole lot of money at Allen or haynesworth

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Terrance Newman can opt out, I think.

11-09-2007, 09:56 PM
if bob sanders wins DPOY expect him to surpass laron landry as the highest paid safety

Scotty D
11-09-2007, 09:58 PM
if bob sanders wins DPOY expect him to surpass laron landry as the highest paid safety

Franchised son.

NYGibril28
11-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Gibril Wilson is the only big name from the Giants.

Mr. Stiller
11-09-2007, 10:05 PM
QB:

Rex Grossman, Bears
Seneca Wallace, Seahawks

RB:

Michael Turner, Chargers
Chris Brown, Titans
T.J. Duckett, Lions
Jamal Lewis, Browns
Fred Taylor, Jaguars
Derrick Ward, Giants

FB:

Tony Richardson, Vikings
Mike Alstott, Bucco's
Dan Kreider, Steelers

WR:

Patrick Crayton, Cowboys
Jerome Mathis, Texans (RFA)
Samie Parker, Chiefs
Brandon Stokley, Broncos

TE:

Chris Cooley, Redskins
L.J. Smith, Eagles

OL:

Alan Faneca, Steelers
Ryan Lilja, Colts
Justin Smiley, 49ers
Floyd Womack, Seahawks
Stacy Andrews, Bengals
Kyle Turley, Chiefs
Travelle Wharton, Panthers
Casey Wiegmann, Chiefs

DL:

Jared Allen, Cheifs
Tommy Kelly, Raiders
Mike Rucker, Panthers
Justin Smith, Bengals
Terell Suggs, Ravens

LB:

Tedy Bruschi, Patriots
Michael Boley, Falcons (RFA)
Darryl Blackstock, Cardinals (RFA)
Karlos Dansby, Cardinals
Mike Vrabel, Patriots

CB:

Dre' Bly, Broncos
Eric Green, Cardinals
Quentin Jammer, Chargers

S:

Gibril Wilson, Giants

These may be a bit outdated but I think these were the top names for FA this year.

Draft King
11-09-2007, 10:39 PM
There's also Derek Anderson, hopefully the Falcons find a way to sign him. BTW, no way we're letting go of Michael Boley. Stud.

fenikz
11-09-2007, 10:42 PM
For the Cardinals

RB Marcel Shipp
WR Bryant Johnson
OG Elton Brown
LB Karlos Dansby
LB Calvin Pace
LB Darryl Blackstock (RFA)
Cb Eric Green (RFA)

here found a list

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2008

Cunningham
11-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Dre' Bly, Broncos
pretty sure Denver gave Bly a new deal

BucSappy
11-09-2007, 10:55 PM
There's also Derek Anderson, hopefully the Falcons find a way to sign him. BTW, no way we're letting go of Michael Boley. Stud.

I thought Anderson had 1 more year on his deal. Thought I read an article (probably Scott's blog), where someone said that Cleveland might be able to get a first rounder in return for Anderson.

Chucky
11-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I thought Anderson had 1 more year on his deal. Thought I read an article (probably Scott's blog), where someone said that Cleveland might be able to get a first rounder in return for Anderson.

He is a restricted free agent

OzTitan
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM

I don't think DPOY will have to occur for that to happen. He deserves it as it is and I doubt he doesn't get it from some team.

kmartin575
11-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Carl Peterson has said he is not letting Jared Allen out of KC.

Shiver
11-10-2007, 02:10 AM
Michael Boley hasn't been extended yet. If the team lets him walk I don't know what I'll do.

Ewing
11-10-2007, 02:24 AM
QB:

Rex Grossman, Bears

These may be a bit outdated but I think these were the top names for FA this year.

Any list where Grossman is included among the top names in FA is outdated.

Wyndham
11-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Only ones I know of are Alan Faneca and Bob Sanders. Both should get huge deals.

I'd be surprised if they make as much combined as either Jared Allen or Haynesworth does individually.

Splat
11-10-2007, 07:57 AM
I look for Jared Allen to be slapped with the tag I would love for the Chiefs to get Alan Faneca but no way they pay the crazy money he is going to want. I don't know if the post above is from this same site but here is a link to a list with info on the FA players.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

PACKmanN
11-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Do you guys think Alan Faneca should get more then both Eric Steinbach and Steve Hutchinson? Also whats the news on Alan Faneca is he leaving for FA?

Splat
11-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Do you guys think Alan Faneca should get more then both Eric Steinbach and Steve Hutchinson? Also whats the news on Alan Faneca is he leaving for FA?

I think Hutchinson is the best LG in the NFL so no I don't think he should get more.

DeathbyStat
11-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Terrell Suggs really the only one of note

SeanTaylorRIP
11-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Tsizzle blows, he sucks at everything except Pass rush, but this year sucks at that too, good for Ravens though because if they want to retain him his price tag has probably gone down a good 15-20 million.

dcarey20
11-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Terrell Suggs and Jason Brown are the two big ones for the Ravens...both should be our top 2 priorities. One guy that I'd love to see in purple and black is Bryant Johnson.

TimD
11-10-2007, 09:41 AM

I'd love to see him in New York playing for Gang Green.

XxXdragonXxX
11-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Off the top of my head, for the Seahawks K Josh Brown, CB Marcus Trufant, WR DJ Hackett and RT Sean Locklear are UFA's and FB Leonard Weaver is an RFA.

Geo
11-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Both Derek Anderson and Michael Boley are restricted free agents, I believe.

Bob Sanders has been mentioned, not sure if Dallas Clark has been as well. I don't think the Colts let either just walk. Expect a deal for one and the franchise tag for the other, most likely.

The Titans will use the franchise tag with Albert Haynesworth if they can't come to terms on a long-term deal in time. At least that way they ensure themselves another contract year for Haynesworth to live up to his potential.

Um, hello? Randy Moss? He's playing on a one-year deal with the Pats, gang. He's actually living up to his potential this year to sucker another team into giving him massive money for the next few years. Maybe the Patriots franchise tag him as well.

Also, Donte Stallworth signed a deal that essentially makes the Patriots decide if they want to keep him after the firsrt year, the way it's structured if I can recall.

Expect LaMont Jordan to be cut by the Raiders and available on the open market. Green Bay, maybe? Partly because I see Michael "The Burner" Turner landing in Cleveland.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Don't know if he's been mentioned or not but a lot of us giants fans are high on the Pats Eugene Wilson, as a cheap starter.

Geo
11-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't think I've seen Asante Samuel mentioned either, which is strange. He's in the discussion for playing the best cornerback in the league this season, with Champ Bailey returning to form.

Freddy G
11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I would love for my Brownies to nab Bryant Johnson, or if the Titans do not tag Al i want us to make him the highest paid DT....by far.

Isn't Justin Fargas a UFA as well?

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't think I've seen Asante Samuel mentioned either, which is strange. He's in the discussion for playing the best cornerback in the league this season, with Champ Bailey returning to form.

The thing with Samuel is he'll demand Nate Clements money, and while Clements didn't deserve that much money, Samuel deserves that money even less.

Splat
11-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Chiefs players.

DE - Jared Allen

FB/TE - Kris Wilson

WR - Sammie Parker

Mr. Stiller
11-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Any list where Grossman is included among the top names in FA is outdated.

He's the only QB with any ounce of starting experience.

I do think that Hutchinson is the best LG in the NFL.. But Faneca is better than Steinbach and Steinbach got even more than Hutchinson did.

Faneca is almost 100% leaving at this point.. it would take a drastic change for him to stay.

But Thanks to Cleveland and Buffalo, I can see Faneca getting a 3-4 year 28-30 Million roughly. With a lot of that up front.

BufFan71
11-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Lee Evans can opt out, if losman leaves, so will Evans

Losman is a free agent

PACKmanN
11-10-2007, 11:41 AM
For the Packers:

OT- Chad Clifton
WR- Ruvell Martin
RB- Vernad Morency
RB- Noah Herron

DT- Corey Williams
DT- Colin Cole
SS- Aatri Bigby
DE- Mike Montgomery
OLB- Tracy White

Those are some of the guys I can name.

Ravens1991
11-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Tsizzle blows, he sucks at everything except Pass rush, but this year sucks at that too, good for Ravens though because if they want to retain him his price tag has probably gone down a good 15-20 million.

yep he has regressed since his rookie year and only has 1 sack. I hope the Ravens re-sign him though because he still has potential and Jason Brown.

HoopsDemon12
11-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Lee Evans can opt out, if losman leaves, so will Evans

Losman is a free agent

If that happens i might consider giving up with the bills... seriously evans and Lynch are our only good players on offence right now.

Geo
11-10-2007, 11:59 AM
T-Sizzle blows? IDBTN, no sir.

Lee Evans opts out? Nooooo. I'm sure the Bills will sign him to a long-term extension.

diabsoule
11-10-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm hoping the Saints can sign either Karlos Dansby or Lance Briggs. That's about it.

Ravens1991
11-10-2007, 12:19 PM
T-Sizzle blows? IDBTN, no sir.

Lee Evans opts out? Nooooo. I'm sure the Bills will sign him to a long-term extension.

Sizzle sucked this season, hopfully he turns it around next season if he is still in purple and black.

remix 6
11-10-2007, 12:25 PM
For Patriots its

-Randy Moss
-Asante Samuel
-Rosevelt Colvin
-Tedy Bruschi

Moss isnt about money..he'll come back for cheap. Samuel is earning his way on what were offering. We offered $7.5 last year..i expect to offer more..hope he agrees

Colvin..hes got a big cap hit..im hoping we can resign him
Bruschi will comeback for a year or two

Is Quentin Jammer really an FA? I'd be interested. I want Dansby for Patriots if Colvin or Bruschi leave.

Flyboy
11-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm hoping the Saints can sign either Karlos Dansby or Lance Briggs. That's about it.

Same here.

I know that Henderson, Copper & Patten are on their last year. I really hope we can re-sign Patten.

Splat
11-10-2007, 12:34 PM
For Patriots its

-Randy Moss
-Asante Samuel
-Rosevelt Colvin
-Tedy Bruschi

Moss isnt about money..he'll come back for cheap. Samuel is earning his way on what were offering. We offered $7.5 last year..i expect to offer more..hope he agrees

Colvin..hes got a big cap hit..im hoping we can resign him
Bruschi will comeback for a year or two

Is Quentin Jammer really an FA? I'd be interested. I want Dansby for Patriots if Colvin or Bruschi leave.

I believe they locked up Jammer all ready.

Ravens1991
11-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Is Losman a URFA?

Smooth Criminal
11-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Patriots have some big names. It'll be interesting to see if they franchise Moss. I think that would be the best way to keep him productive.

I'm expecting the Colts to Franchise Sanders aswell and then get a deal done with him like they did with Freeney.

remix 6
11-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Patriots have some big names. It'll be interesting to see if they franchise Moss. I think that would be the best way to keep him productive.

I'm expecting the Colts to Franchise Sanders aswell and then get a deal done with him like they did with Freeney.

no way. He'll be easy to resign. First of all..hes doing great and hes staying out of trouble. And second hes not going to demand money. He said whne he got here..money is not an issue..i got a lot of that over the course of my career but he hasnt won and thats what he wants. He cares a lot about winning, he came here. He wont be anywhere near the highest paid but i think we will show respect and give a decent amount either way. hes enjoying it here..never will Moss have any dispute over money around here.

i dont see use using the franchise tag next year on anyone..Samuel got promised he wouldnt if he plays a certain amount, Colvin is not worth top 5 highest LB so i odnt see us using the franchise at the end of season

diabsoule
11-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Same here.

I know that Henderson, Copper & Patten are on their last year. I really hope we can re-sign Patten.

Yeah, I'd like to re-sign Patten as well. Possibly Devery but with the emergence of Lance Moore and with Robert Meachem more than likely going to play next year I don't see why we need Terrance Copper.

I also think the Saints need to puruse Josh Brown like a fat kid chases down the ice cream man.

PACKmanN
11-10-2007, 01:58 PM
no way. He'll be easy to resign. First of all..hes doing great and hes staying out of trouble. And second hes not going to demand money. He said whne he got here..money is not an issue..i got a lot of that over the course of my career but he hasnt won and thats what he wants. He cares a lot about winning, he came here. He wont be anywhere near the highest paid but i think we will show respect and give a decent amount either way. hes enjoying it here..never will Moss have any dispute over money around here.

i dont see use using the franchise tag next year on anyone..Samuel got promised he wouldnt if he plays a certain amount, Colvin is not worth top 5 highest LB so i odnt see us using the franchise at the end of season

How isn't he going to demand a lot of money? Maybe thats why your GM and his agent restricted his contract? so if he wins a SB and puts up a large amount of yards that he would hit FA and get a large contract.

Also is Greg Jones a FA?

remix 6
11-10-2007, 02:24 PM
How isn't he going to demand a lot of money? Maybe thats why your GM and his agent restricted his contract? so if he wins a SB and puts up a large amount of yards that he would hit FA and get a large contract.

Also is Greg Jones a FA?

yeah..after $10 million a year last couple seasons..im sure he needs cash right now. hes about winning..i doubt Moss would do all this so he can jsut get a new contract when he had a big one already in Oakland..

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 02:32 PM
yeah..after $10 million a year last couple seasons..im sure he needs cash right now. hes about winning..i doubt Moss would do all this so he can jsut get a new contract when he had a big one already in Oakland..

he should get what he's worth and he's worth a lot. So him getting less would be be wrong for you to expect of him

remix 6
11-10-2007, 02:34 PM
he should get what he's worth and he's worth a lot. So him getting less would be be wrong for you to expect of him

he made $10 million a year in Oakland. if he wanted money..why wouldnt he just stay there instead of seeking new contract? He didnt even have to perform there to get paid that much.

watch every conference/video/interview after he got traded..he constantly talks about Brady and winning and saying he loves it here

he completely redid his contract to play here

Geo
11-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Stay there? He was going to get cut if the Raiders couldn't trade him.

You seem like a good poster, remix. Stop being naive.

BufFan71
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Is Losman a URFA?

yes he is......

SuperMcGee
11-10-2007, 02:51 PM
yes he is......

Actually no, no he is not

Ravens1991
11-10-2007, 03:05 PM
when is his deal up? I wouldnt mind the Ravens picking him up.

Eaglez.Fan
11-10-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=3792

Signed a five-year contract with Buffalo in July 2004.

It looks to end in 2009.

art vandelay
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Evans and Losman's contracts both expire in 09.

Geo
11-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Which makes sense, given that they were both drafted in the 1st round in 2004 (and signed 5-year deals).

But the Bills, in their cash to cap mentality, could look to sign Evans now before he reaches free agency.

Crazy_Chris
11-10-2007, 05:16 PM
he made $10 million a year in Oakland. if he wanted money..why wouldnt he just stay there instead of seeking new contract? He didnt even have to perform there to get paid that much.

watch every conference/video/interview after he got traded..he constantly talks about Brady and winning and saying he loves it here

he completely redid his contract to play here

If Moss gets his Superbowl Ring this year(looks as he will) than I'm sure he will be all about getting paid again... If the Patriots don't win the superbowl than i would buy that he will be all about winning for one more year.

Splat
11-10-2007, 05:21 PM

If he gets a ring this year I look for that to change he knows this will be his last chance to get a big time deal. I don't think he will ask for the moon but he is going to want to be paid I don't see this good guy act lasting more then a season or two.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
If he gets a ring this year I look for that to change he knows this will be his last chance to get a big time deal. I don't think he will ask for the moon but he is going to want to be paid I don't see this good guy act lasting more then a season or two.

how would asking for what he's worth not being a "good guy"? He should be pAid over 5 mil a year and him accepting less would be a huge act of generosity that is unfair to expect.

remix 6
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
if u want, quote me but RAndy Moss is not leaving the Patriots unless he gets in trouble off the field. no way does he get more than 6 mil per year from us. quote me

he came to play with Brady and win. Why would he all of a sudden change his mind for money?

Splat
11-10-2007, 06:23 PM
if u want, quote me but RAndy Moss is not leaving the Patriots unless he gets in trouble off the field. no way does he get more than 6 mil per year from us. quote me

he came to play with Brady and win. Why would he all of a sudden change his mind for money?

What I'm saying is if he gets a ring he could pull a Ty Law and be out for one last big pay day before he hangs it up I'm not saying he will but it could happen. This is Moss we are talking about any thing could happen I would not be shocked either way no way to know what the guy is going to do. He can say he is not about the money all he wants I have heard many of players say that over the years only to hold out and what not.

Smooth Criminal
11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm guessing well see sanders, haynesworth, and one of the patriots fas franchised. Sanders and Haynesworth both mean so much to their defenses that they will not be allowed to leave.

nobodyinparticular
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
QB:
CB:

Dre' Bly, Broncos
Eric Green, Cardinals
Quentin Jammer, Chargers

Nnamdi Asomugha is set to void his contract this offseason. With the pub that he's getting so much, I can't see him not getting a contract in excess of Clements' contract this past offseason.

The Legend
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
opp's i deleted what i wrote i ment to quote...

Smooth Criminal
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Everyone has been talking about Sanders being a FA. I didn't read it anywhere, other than here, but it had come up several times earlier.

The Legend
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Everyone has been talking about Sanders being a FA. I didn't read it anywhere, other than here, but it had come up several times earlier.

well he signed a 6yr contract his rookie year
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2789

he can get out of his last year of his contract so he could be a free agent 2009
http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=8&c=1&nid=2385998

BufFan71
11-11-2007, 08:12 PM
im like 98% sure this is losmans contract year....
and if he isnt resigned (which is going to happen) then i wouldnt mind if he went to Baltimore, a place where he has talent around him, and has a solid defense

P-L
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Bob Sanders has a player option for 2008. There is a 99.9% chance he declines the option. That's why people are talking about him as a Free Agent.

Jim Jim
11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Just a note about the Randy Moss situation. I'm pretty sure Randy is going to want to get paid handsomely for his season. He's a businessman, he got traded to the best team in the NFL for a one year deal to strut his stuff. This is business 101. Moss is lining himself up for one last monster deal.

remix 6
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Just a note about the Randy Moss situation. I'm pretty sure Randy is going to want to get paid handsomely for his season. He's a businessman, he got traded to the best team in the NFL for a one year deal to strut his stuff. This is business 101. Moss is lining himself up for one last monster deal.

heres my opinion
Randy Moss is a team player..he used to talk about Brady in interviews before he even got here. He wants to win..hes getting that. He didnt ask for a 1 year deal. We gave it to him because he had him on a short leash. Hes happy as hes ever been and hes a smart guy..he said he would only restructure his contract to play here and thats what he did. I will bet money that he will not leave over money. Only way he leaves is he gets in trouble and we let him go..but im positive he will return here without a lucrative contract or franchise tag

Sniper
11-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Jevon Kearse and Darren Howard will be free agents at the end of the year, but not by choice.