PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ugly in Lincoln

bwillie26
11-09-2007, 11:22 PM
I think Callahan and his agent are now reaffirming that they will likely not be able to garner a job anywhere again.

I mean really, this guy is an agent?

-------

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=10180967

LINCOLN - If the words of Bill Callahan's agent are any indication, those in the embattled football coach's corner are growing tired of questions about his coaching status at Nebraska.

Asked in response to a broadcast report if Callahan had been asked by NU to resign, Gary O'Hagan of the International Marketing Group quickly resorted to yelling into his telephone.

"If they don't want him to be the coach, they can fire him," said O'Hagan, president of IMG coaching division out of Minnetonka, Minn. "Why would he resign? It doesn't make sense. There are two games to go. He's under contract. Why would they ask him to resign?"

Perhaps because Nebraska officials, in the midst of a five-game losing streak as the Huskers host Kansas State today, don't approve of Callahan's job performance.

"Then fire him," the agent said, now shouting. "Listen to how stupid you people are. You people need to start studying soil content or something. Why don't you find out how many pair of socks get washed every day in the locker room?"

soybean
11-09-2007, 11:48 PM
lol, they try to give him an admirable way to leave the program. Fire his ass he doesn't deserve the job anyways. hmpf [shaking my head in disgust]...blackshirts...

eazyb81
11-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Why the hell would he resign? His contract would be void from that point on and he would lose millions. They're just trying to save cash by forcing him to resign, which he won't do.

Babylon
11-10-2007, 07:13 PM
He looked like Belichek out there today, i honestly wouldnt get rid of this guy.

soily
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Callahan and his offense aren't the problem, its cosgrove and the defense. That's pretty obvious.

bwillie26
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Why the hell would he resign? His contract would be void from that point on and he would lose millions. They're just trying to save cash by forcing him to resign, which he won't do.

At some point, you have to figure you are damaging not only your reputation, but the reputation of the school. The way Callahan has handled himself (and now his agent) are doing nothing but hurting his pocket book in the future. He may get paid now, but at what price in the future?

jbeans187
11-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Former nebraska 5 star commit, Blaine Gabbert, committed to Mizzou today. Callahan is losing this recruiting class

soybean
11-11-2007, 03:02 AM
He looked like Belichek out there today, i honestly wouldnt get rid of this guy.

it's a little too late. nebraska wants desperately to be a football powerhouse again and callahan isn't helping them achieve that goal.

BucSappy
11-11-2007, 03:13 AM

It's like rep on this site. Bill Callahan has 4 red blocks of rep if he were on NFLDC and the other NFLDC members were Nebraska alum/fans/boosters/administration/etc.

One good game doesn't get you up into green.

The sad thing is it isn't like Callahan doesn't have talent to work with like Weis. These guys are recruiting top level talent and there is no development of the young players.

I point the finger at these assisstant coaches more so than anyone. Developing players starts with a good coaching staff, not just the head coach.

bwillie26
11-11-2007, 05:05 AM
Former nebraska 5 star commit, Blaine Gabbert, committed to Mizzou today. Callahan is losing this recruiting class

Well, that is what happens when you go through a coaching change.

Although I do find it a bit hilarious that it takes a complete meltdown on the part of Nebraska, and Mizzou having their best season ever to even get a sniff of their own states top talent.

It's like rep on this site. Bill Callahan has 4 red blocks of rep if he were on NFLDC and the other NFLDC members were Nebraska alum/fans/boosters/administration/etc.

One good game doesn't get you up into green.

The sad thing is it isn't like Callahan doesn't have talent to work with like Weis. These guys are recruiting top level talent and there is no development of the young players.

I point the finger at these assisstant coaches more so than anyone. Developing players starts with a good coaching staff, not just the head coach.

And that is no ones fault but Callahan's.

Kevin Cosgrove - Long time friend. Coached with BC at Illinois and Wisconsin in the past. Has let it be known that he goes when BC goes and vice versa.

Shawn Watson - Another long time friend. Coaches with BC back during his days at Illinois.

Phil Elmassian - Was recommended by Cosgrove. Coached with KC at Wisconsin.

Randy Jordan - Former player and coach for Bill Callahan from Oakland.

So you see, the majority of NU's staff is friends of Callahan. This is his staff, and his friends at that. Personally, I think that is one of his biggest downfalls. That and until today, he still coached with that NFL mentality of playing soft once you get a lead.

eazyb81
11-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, that is what happens when you go through a coaching change.

Although I do find it a bit hilarious that it takes a complete meltdown on the part of Nebraska, and Mizzou having their best season ever to even get a sniff of their own states top talent.

LOL, so Gabbert is the only talent from Missouri? What about Maclin, Keck, Andrew Jones, etc?

And let's be real: as a Nebraska fan, you should know by now that star ratings don't win football games. Whatever method Pinkel is using to scout and acquire talent, it's obviously working.

bwillie26
11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
LOL, so Gabbert is the only talent from Missouri? What about Maclin, Keck, Andrew Jones, etc?

And let's be real: as a Nebraska fan, you should know by now that star ratings don't win football games. Whatever method Pinkel is using to scout and acquire talent, it's obviously working.

Did you not see what I even said? Obviously not, because you bring up years past to benefit you. I solely talked about this year, when we took 2 of the 3 top players from Missouri. You know, those players who were 'overrated' and 'workout warriors', among the obscenities you also referred to them as. Cannot forget the death threats either. LOL

Then to praise Pinkel for his talent evaluation -- wow, just wow. For the last how many years Mizzou fans have BEGGED to have this man fired, but now he is God?

Mizzou fans are a funny bunch, they really are.

jbeans187
11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Gabberts family knew Callahan so Neb had the inside track. I also understand the stars dont mean everything but getting a 5 star player makes the program look good and other recruits might take notice, and Compton is the other player you are talking about is extremely overrated but we might get him too. Mizzou has the only two all americans from missouri this year

eazyb81
11-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Did you not see what I even said? Obviously not, because you bring up years past to benefit you. I solely talked about this year, when we took 2 of the 3 top players from Missouri. You know, those players who were 'overrated' and 'workout warriors', among the obscenities you also referred to them as. Cannot forget the death threats either. LOL

Then to praise Pinkel for his talent evaluation -- wow, just wow. For the last how many years Mizzou fans have BEGGED to have this man fired, but now he is God?

Mizzou fans are a funny bunch, they really are.

Jesus, is this a real post?

You said, and I quote:

This is either implying that Missouri does not get their state's top talent (which I disproved by naming numerous top Missouri talents that have come to campus) or Gabbert specifically did not give them the time of day before Nebraska's embarrassing collapse (which is also incorrect since he made numerous campus visits before his initial verbal). It's hard to blame the kid for initially falling for Callahan's slick sales job, after all, Nebraska fans fell for the same thing. LMAO

WTF are you talking about with the "obsenities" and "death threats"? Are you resorting to making things up to benefit your point? I've never even talked to you on here before.

Again, not sure where you're pulling this stuff on Pinkel. I've always been a fan and it's great to see his team put it all together this year. The fact of the matter is that he is doing this with mainly 2 and 3 stars, which is case in point why I am praising him for talent evaluation rather than mind-numblingly following Rivals ratings.

RyanLeaf#1
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Did the opposing coach really give Callahan the finger this weekend? I remember somebody saying that in the Gameday thread.

bwillie26
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Jesus, is this a real post?

This is either implying that Missouri does not get their state's top talent (which I disproved by naming numerous top Missouri talents that have come to campus) or Gabbert specifically did not give them the time of day before Nebraska's embarrassing collapse (which is also incorrect since he made numerous campus visits before his initial verbal). It's hard to blame the kid for initially falling for Callahan's slick sales job, after all, Nebraska fans fell for the same thing. LMAO

WTF are you talking about with the "obsenities" and "death threats"? Are you resorting to making things up to benefit your point? I've never even talked to you on here before.

Again, not sure where you're pulling this stuff on Pinkel. I've always been a fan and it's great to see his team put it all together this year. The fact of the matter is that he is doing this with mainly 2 and 3 stars, which is case in point why I am praising him for talent evaluation rather than mind-numblingly following Rivals ratings.

This is so beyond belief it is not even possible to respond to.

Not only do you deny verbally abusing both Gabbert and Compton, but you deny trying to get Pinkel fired over the years.

I can see I could waste my time responding, but it would be another post full of denial and garbage that I would get responded with.

However, it is just funny how threatened all Mizzou fans are. I know what the response would be, but for you to respond with something in a thread about Callahan and his agent, with something to do with Gabbert and Mizzou shows what your intent was.

Have fun with Gabbert and Compton, but you stay classy.

eazyb81
11-12-2007, 06:06 PM
This is so beyond belief it is not even possible to respond to.

Not only do you deny verbally abusing both Gabbert and Compton, but you deny trying to get Pinkel fired over the years.

Link? Again, I have never even talked to you on this board, and frankly, I've never even noticed you until this thread. Are you attempting to refer to Mizzou fans in general? Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

I can see I could waste my time responding, but it would be another post full of denial and garbage that I would get responded with.

However, it is just funny how threatened all Mizzou fans are. I know what the response would be, but for you to respond with something in a thread about Callahan and his agent, with something to do with Gabbert and Mizzou shows what your intent was.

Have fun with Gabbert and Compton, but you stay classy.

You started this mess with the back-handed insult to Mizzou. It's not my fault your football program is the new Baylor.

I hope you stocked up on memorabilia from the Osborne years.

jbeans187
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
This guy is ridiculous, I said the thing about Gabbert bc this post is called getting ugly in lincoln its just another example of how bad it is getting. Then you go on and slam mizzou and their fans, let me leave you with a quote from Maurice Purify about your fans...
N stands for "NO class"---"I'm just kind of angry at the fans who come here," Purify said. "They put on their Nebraska shirts, sweaters, their hats . . . and then when we're down by seven or 14, they come down to the sidelines and say, 'You guys suck. You guys take your N's off your helmets.'"If you're going to support us when we win, why can't you support us when we're losing?"

bwillie26
11-14-2007, 04:57 AM
This guy is ridiculous, I said the thing about Gabbert bc this post is called getting ugly in lincoln its just another example of how bad it is getting. Then you go on and slam mizzou and their fans, let me leave you with a quote from Maurice Purify about your fans...
N stands for "NO class"---"I'm just kind of angry at the fans who come here," Purify said. "They put on their Nebraska shirts, sweaters, their hats . . . and then when we're down by seven or 14, they come down to the sidelines and say, 'You guys suck. You guys take your N's off your helmets.'"If you're going to support us when we win, why can't you support us when we're losing?"

This coming from Mo Purify, the same guy who had Nebraska fans defending him while he went thru numerous legal troubles this year. Yeah, that Mo Purify who had Husker fans who were witnesses to his altercation willing to stand and testify in his defense. This coming from the same guy who had Nebraska fans stand by him, sent letters to his grieving parents and him during the time in which his brother and girlfriend both passed way. The same Mo Purify who even had his friends telling him it may be better if he spent time with his family, instead of even being worried about football. Yeah, it came from that Mo Purify who questioned Husker loyalty.

You see, Husker fans will stand and cheer you if you get beat simply because another team is better (i.e., the Texas game). But when you go on a field and simply display no effort and no will to win (i.e., USC, Mizzou, Kansas, A&M, OSU) they lose respect for you completely. Whether Nebraska gets back to the top is one thing, but to display absolutely no heart when you put on a Nebraska uniform is complete blasphemy in Lincoln. Maybe if you keep up your winning ways, you will understand that in time.

Link? Again, I have never even talked to you on this board, and frankly, I've never even noticed you until this thread. Are you attempting to refer to Mizzou fans in general? Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

You started this mess with the back-handed insult to Mizzou. It's not my fault your football program is the new Baylor.

I hope you stocked up on memorabilia from the Osborne years.

I have been to PM, TigerBoard, etc., and I know who Mizzou fans referred to Gabbert and Compton as. You know as well, and for you to deny that as it didn't happen is really funny to me.

As one Mizzou fan referred to the situation of Gabbert being overrated ...

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2150&tid=105315031&mid=105315031&sid=1144&style=2

"Like any good MIZZOU fan I absolutely posted it! hahaha But now he's a Tiger! It's pretty simple. Kind of like when the my STL Cards got Will Clark who we hated for years but when he was a Cardinal......he was a Cardinal, case closed!"

This thread had NOTHING to do with Gabbert or Mizzou. If it had to do with decommits and other recruits leaving, why do you not mention Mohler visiting Colorado and Iowa? Or Josh Williams possibly going to Texas? How about Jonas Gray and ND? Or even Bryce Givens taking visits? No, why would you? Of course you only have to reference Mizzou, because you are only providing information, right? Where is the eye rolling smiley?

Lastly, Nebraska is now the new Baylor? Wow .. this coming from a fan of a school who has never won the Big 12, nor even the Big 12 North. This coming from a fan base who has not even sniffed a MNC, and now they want to refer to records.

You have one good season and they come out of the woodwork thinking they are Gods. Laughable, just laughable.