PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall vs. Jonathan Stewart

PACKmanN
11-10-2007, 04:12 PM
If both come out which back do you think will go second behind McFadden? Who do you guys think is the better running back? Also were would you rank these guys in the draft right now?

Babylon
11-10-2007, 04:19 PM
If both come out which back do you think will go second behind McFadden? Who do you guys think is the better running back? Also were would you rank these guys in the draft right now?

I'll take Stewart over Mcfadden.

Hines
11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
ill go with stewert just because of his triangle numbers..plus hes so strong and can be a power/speed back...honestly, i think hes the best back in the country...i really like mendenhall though, but stewert is better then him

soybean
11-10-2007, 06:08 PM
i honestly think felix jones (if he comes out) should go second behind mcfadden. He looks very impressive, and most of mcfadden's yards against south carolina came when he was lining up as qb.

11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
if u look at just the intangibles stewart is the guy u want

SeanTaylorRIP
11-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Stewart though I think Mendenhall will stay because Illinois can be special next year with Juice being a Jr., and with guys like Benn and Vonta taking a step up but I will say I love the way Mendenhall runs. Strong, powerful, fast, his legs are always turning which is something many running backs do not do, so I really like him as a top 20 pick in 09.

Man_Of_Steel
11-10-2007, 09:25 PM
How is this even close? Mendenhall is a good player but Stewart is at another level.

Aftermath
11-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Stewart.
But i love Mendenhall too.

princefielder28
11-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Jonathan Stewart is an overall wonderful back but Mendenhall has an unbelievable first cut and go that he's going to make a name for himself at the next level without a doubt.

bigboiajhawk
11-10-2007, 11:25 PM
go to the oregon ducks website and look at jonathon stewarts profile, his strength and speed are ridiculous, and not only is he a beast in the weightroom he is a beast on the field

niel89
11-11-2007, 01:59 AM
go to the oregon ducks website and look at jonathon stewarts profile, his strength and speed are ridiculous, and not only is he a beast in the weightroom he is a beast on the field

Few players in school history ever have combined the strength and speed as the returning starter, who enters his junior year less than 900 yards shy of approaching the Ducks’ career top- 10 lists in both rushing (1,169 yards) and all-purpose yards (2,408 yards). Posted a power clean lift of 402 lbs. during the winter of 2007 that was bettered only by NFL lineman Haloti Ngata (407 lbs.) among all-time Oregon football players. Also bench pressed 410 lbs. in 2006 that surpassed all running backs in school history, while his 4.34 hand time clocking ranks fourth all-time among the school’s running backs. The 13-game career starter enters 2007 among the nominees for the Maxwell Award, presented annually to the outstanding collegiate football player in the country. Already ranks ninth on school’s career list for kickoff return yards (1,050 yds.), while his 30.0-yard average stands second in Oregon annals and the school’s best in more than 55 years. Packs the power that has been detrimental to him at times as his refusal to be brought down easily has made him susceptible to unnecessary punishment from would-be tacklers. But has learned to be more prudent in his decisions, electing to complement his power game with a finesse to avoid defenders rather than always challenge them head on. With two years of experience under his belt, has gained more confidence in his own abilities as he appeared more comfortable in the open field during spring workouts, yet still possesses the drive that pushes him to get better. Has also improved his ability as a receiver as well as his ball security, recording only four fumbles in 2006 while handling the football a team-high 226 times. Combined to lift a team-high 1,342 lbs. from three lifts (power, squat and bench press) during winter workouts (5.86 times his body weight), with his 555-lb. squat ranking fifth all-time among running backs and the best mark in nine years.
:eek:

tebdgsfsf

Smokey Joe
11-11-2007, 08:26 AM
those are some pretty gaudy workout numbers. You'd think some big fat linemen put up those numbers, but instead you have this huge runningback who is fast as hell putting up these number.

asmitty45
11-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I would say that Stewart is the better back, his combination of size and speed is rare and he has been very good for his whole career. Mendenhall has been solid but i like Stewart because of his power.