PDA

View Full Version : Josh Freeman

foozball
11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I know he's just a soph, but how comparable is he to Jamarcus Russell? Similar physicality, with Jamarcus being more mobile and athletic, but they're both 6'6 250lbs with rocket arms. Like Russell, Freeman struggles with inconsistency and inaccuracy at the same point in their development when Jamarcus was a soph. Am I the only one who thinks this? I think Freeman may need to stay for all 4 years, but I think they have alot of similarities between them.

Babylon
11-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I know he's just a soph, but how comparable is he to Jamarcus Russell? Similar physicality, with Jamarcus being more mobile and athletic, but they're both 6'6 250lbs with rocket arms. Like Russell, Freeman struggles with inconsistency and inaccuracy at the same point in their development when Jamarcus was a soph. Am I the only one who thinks this? I think Freeman may need to stay for all 4 years, but I think they have alot of similarities between them.

Neither one of them are fast, contrary to what most people think of black QBs. I wouldnt use the term rocket arm with Freeman, i would with Russell. No comparison really as Freeman has no clue what he's doing out there.

energizerbunny
11-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Freemans arm strength shouldn't even be in the same paragraph as Russell's.

The only comparison is they are huge guys.

draftguru151
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Both of them seem to have problems with buffets.

BamaFalcon59
11-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I liked him a lot as a freshman, but he doesn't seem to have progressed.

Don Vito
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I disagree about neither of them being fast, Freeman is a better athlete imo than Russell. Freeman can run very, very well aking with having a great arm and he is a smart kid. Not knocking Russell, he is a freak, but I think Freeman is a better athlete.

bspen4
03-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Freeman has a very very good arm and he has lost some weight this summer. IMO losing Jordy Nelson will help is development because last year Freeman locked on Nelson and got it to him no matter what. With a great year and his potential he could be a 1st-2nd rounder in 09, I mean just look at Joe Flacco

Babylon
03-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Saw about a half dozen KSU games and he didnt impress me in most of them. Decent arm to go along with nice size but his decisions are questionable and he can put any touch on his passes.