PDA

View Full Version : J Leman

Billingsley26
11-11-2007, 01:12 AM
He is just an absolute BEAST!
I really only watched him for the first time tonite, and I can say he outplayed Laurenitas by miles. Leman has great closing speed, and is everywhere on the field. Strong, and a very good form tackler, along with a nose for the ball.

If I was going off of watching one game, I would say he is the best LB this year. I think he looks better than Laurenitas, and Connor (kills me to say that, because Im a PSU fan). He really opened my eyes tonite.

VoteLynnSwan
11-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Leman is gonna be a steal for whoever gets him. I'd imagine that he'll end up in the mid round range because his timed speed isn't what pro teams are looking for, but i have no doubt that he will be a PLAYER in the NFL. He reminds me of Zach Thomas as far as intangibles go.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 02:00 AM
I'll take Lauranaitis and Connor.

Smokey Joe
11-11-2007, 08:22 AM
It's probably just me, but I have trouble rooting for a player with the first name of the letter "J". Plus, it doesn't help that he plays for U of I, my mortal enemy in college sports.

However, I could see him going as early as late second and as late as somewhere in the 4th round.

etk
11-11-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't think his timed speed is that far behind Connor or the other Senior MLBs in the draft. If Anthony Schlegel can make the old first day, Leman can make the new one. His athleticism is fairly underrated and he's a tackling machine. My biggest knock on him is that he doesn't make a lot of big plays, like sacks or picks, but part of the reason is that he's so good in zone coverage.

Jonny
11-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Leman could be the next Demeco Ryans.

I really don't care for Lauranaitis. Yesterday, he couldn't shed blockers at all.

Billingsley26
11-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't think his timed speed is that far behind Connor or the other Senior MLBs in the draft. If Anthony Schlegel can make the old first day, Leman can make the new one. His athleticism is fairly underrated and he's a tackling machine. My biggest knock on him is that he doesn't make a lot of big plays, like sacks or picks, but part of the reason is that he's so good in zone coverage.

I agree. It looked like yesterday he played a lot of spying the QB, where he would just kinda sitback maybe 5-7 yards off the LOS, and watch Boeckmen, and if he rolled out, then boom Leman would go out too. Thought he did a great job of doing that.

I dont think his timed speed will be that different from that of the other senior LB's. Im thinking maybe around a 4.7 or so. Which to me is fine, but I see him having a much faster first step, and quicker reads which will help him get to the ball faster. I saw many plays yesterday that were out of the box, and ran them down and made plays for a loss or at the LOS. Im ecstatic for him, i love seeing such a technically sound LB. That means so much more to me, than a ILB running a 4.5.

I hope he comes to Buffalo.

Travis 24
11-11-2007, 12:55 PM
2nd time I saw Illinois this year...that guy is a beast in the middle. His instincts and closing speed are ridiculous.

P-L
11-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I think he's going to be an excellent 3rd or 4th Round steal for some team. He plays a lot faster than he times and had very good instincts. His size is a negative, but the guy is a flat out football player.

YAYareaRB
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
He would be a perfect fit for the 49ers I think. He could come in a compete for the starting job instantly.

asmitty45
11-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I think he'll go in the Second, he may go unnoticed to us but you can be sure that scouts notice a tenacious Big 10 MLB. I would love to have him here in Detroit.

diabsoule
11-11-2007, 05:58 PM
How would you compare him to Johnathan Goff?

keylime_5
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
He played great, but Laurinaitis and Freeman were insanely good yesterday, albeit in a losing effort in which OSU's D-Line got exposed. If both of those guys declare they will both be drafted ahead of Leman simply b/c of athletic ability and potential. Leman reminds me of a poor man's AJ Hawk though, same # even.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 06:08 PM
What's his 40 time?

Billingsley26
11-11-2007, 06:35 PM
He played great, but Laurinaitis and Freeman were insanely good yesterday, albeit in a losing effort in which OSU's D-Line got exposed. If both of those guys declare they will both be drafted ahead of Leman simply b/c of athletic ability and potential. Leman reminds me of a poor man's AJ Hawk though, same # even.

Laurinaitis was not insnaely good yesterday. Leman outplayed him by miles. I thought that Laurinaitis was actually getting killed on many plays, and was getting driven back all day, and was having a hell of a time shedding blocks, while Leman was all over the field.

Travis 24
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
What's his 40 time?

Who cares...

keylime_5
11-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Think what you want, I saw JL come off a block for a tackle 3 times. I think Laurinaitis had 15 tackles or so (not sure exact stat) and I know Freeman had 18. Laurinaitis and Freeman were great against Mendenhall, they pretty much contained him. Juice got all his runs when the D-Line failed to take up blocks and the offensive line got to the second level and blocked our good linebackers. Not the linebacker's fault when he has a guard on him right away.

Babylon
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Who cares...

Regardless of what you or i think scouts and player personel people care, it could mean the differance in being a 2nd as opposed to being a 3rd or a 3rd as opposed to being a 4th.

etk
11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Think what you want, I saw JL come off a block for a tackle 3 times. I think Laurinaitis had 15 tackles or so (not sure exact stat) and I know Freeman had 18. Laurinaitis and Freeman were great against Mendenhall, they pretty much contained him. Juice got all his runs when the D-Line failed to take up blocks and the offensive line got to the second level and blocked our good linebackers. Not the linebacker's fault when he has a guard on him right away.

I thought Freeman was incredible, but Laurinaitis was just okay. Freeman really made some difficult tackles and closed the gaps very well, Laurinaitis seemed to struggle against Illinois' big run blockers.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 09:46 PM

Connor runs about a 4.65-4.7

Leman runs in the 4.8-4.9 range.