PDA

View Full Version : D-Jax's current stock

Jericho@SC
11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
He's been relatively quiet the last several weeks. Last night, he got shut down by USC's D again. Granted, I do feel that Cal doesn't make more of a point to get him the ball. He seems to be used as a decoy more than a weapon sometimes.

But should NFL scouts now start being concerned when he disappears for half a season? If he can't score a TD against USC caliber defenses in three years, what does this bode for him against an NFL caliber D?

TheMikey10
11-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I do not think he was shut down last night, 5 catches for 64 yards and he was the game's leading receiver. Especially with the way Longshore has played recently (over the season he is 6-5 TD-INT ratio, completed under 50% last night and against ASU), it can't be easy for a deep-threat like DeSean to break out. Longshore under throws him, and Jordan, The Hawk, and everyone else for that matter, on a regular basis.

niel89
11-11-2007, 02:27 PM
plus the entire game it was raining a good amount. it was really wet out there. there were many time i saw him open but either longshore under threw him or just didn't see him

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Its not like its Deseans fault.Both Ayoob and Longshore suck.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 03:20 PM
He's a talented receiver but he's undersized. I think he would be a steal early in round 2 but i dont see him going before Doucet, Kelley and Nelson.

d34ng3l021
11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I was at that game (****in rain). Longshore was so terrible...I am surprised he actually got Jackson the ball during his 40 yard reception. I am sure if Jackson had a more competent QB, his recieving stats would be higher.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I was at that game (****in rain). Longshore was so terrible...I am surprised he actually got Jackson the ball during his 40 yard reception. I am sure if Jackson had a more competent QB, his recieving stats would be higher.

I'd credit a lot of it to the SC defense, they're playing about as good as anyone right now, it's just too easy to blame the QB for everything.

d34ng3l021
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd credit a lot of it to the SC defense, they're playing about as good as anyone right now, it's just too easy to blame the QB for everything.

You did not see the throws Longshore was making.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
It wasnt just last night Longshore has been playing awful for a while now.he continues to throw off his back foot or make stupid decisions.I'll be suprised if hes drafted day one and will feel sad for whatever team drafts him.Hes a moron.

d34ng3l021
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
It wasnt just last night Longshore has been playing awful for a while now.he continues to throw off his back foot or make stupid decisions.I'll be suprised if hes drafted day one and will feel sad for whatever team drafts him.Hes a moron.

Honestly. Cal fans got so pissed at all the stupid things he was doing. It was kind of funny.

no love
11-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Longshore also seems to LOVE leaving his receivers hung out to dry. Lavelle Hawkins takes at least 3-4 vicious hits a game because of Longshore.

I bet all of his receivers hate him, because he is trying to get someone killed.

As far as D-Jax I think he did fine, Tedford just doesn't run him on a wide variety of routes because Hawkins is better over the middle of the field.