PDA

View Full Version : My first mock ever

foozball
11-11-2007, 03:31 PM
1. St. Louis
DT Glenn Dorsey- They have enough weapons on offense so they go with the best defensive player available.

2. Miami
OT Jake Long- They're going to have a new QB next year in John Beck, so they have to build around him. Giving him help in the form of a monster offensive tackle is a good place to start.

3. NY Jets
RB Darren Mcfadden- Sure, they have Thomas Jones...who's averaging an outrageous 3.8 yards per carry! Sarcasm? To me, a franchise RB is worth more than a 3-4 DE (Chris Long).

4. NE (SF)
S Kenny Phillips- Strange pick? There aren't any LB's worth a top 5 pick, and the front 3 are young. Take the playmaking safety for the annual game against the Colts and to help shore up the secondary once Asante Samuel leaves via free agency.

5. Cincy
DE Calais Campbell- The Bengals need all sorts of help. Lucky for them, they get a monster DE who is excellent against the run and has the upside to be a bigtime pass rusher.

6. ATL
QB Brian Brohm- Vick is gone indefinitely and Joey Harrington is not the answer. Petrino takes his former QB to try and save himself.

7. Oakland
DT Sedrick Ellis- Warren Sapp is getting older and less effective. They take a pass rushing DT due to the depth of offensive talent that they can address in the 2nd round.

8. Arizona
CB Malcolm Jenkins- None of the LB's are worth a top 10 pick, so they go with the best CB available. Jenkins brings alot of help to secondary that lacks playmakers (except for Adrian Wilson).

9. Minnesota
QB Andre Woodson
Jackson is not the answer at QB.

10. Philly
OT Sam Baker- I'm not sold on Justice as a LT, so they take a true LT to passblock for McNabb. He has some injury concerns, but I don't believe they're too serious.

11. Denver
LB James Laurinaitis- Gives them the option to move Williams back outside.

12. Chicago
QB Matt Ryan- Rex is done in Chicago so they take the best QB available

13. Houston
OT Ryan Clady- They need help on the OL to protect Schaub.

14. Seattle
RB Jonathan Stewart- Shaun Alexander has how many yards? They go with a kid from the local northwest region.

15. New Orleans
OLB Dan Conner- They need help on defense, so they take the polished LB from LBU.

16. Baltimore
DE/OLB Vernon Gholston- This pick makes too much sense. Kid is so versatile he can play DE or OLB just like Suggs. Ravens could wreak havoc on defense with those two...if Suggs resigns with Baltimore that is.

17. Kansas City
DE Chris Long- The steal of the draft. Long suffers from the Quinn/Leinart drop right into the laps of KC, who are happy to have him since Jared Allen is an UFA.

18. Buffalo
WR Malcolm Kelly- The best WR in the draft gives Buffalo a nice contrast to Lee Evans' speed and big play ability. Also gives Losman/Edwards a nice target to throw to.

19. Carolina
LB Keith Rivers- The perfect WLB to finish off their LB corps.

20. San Diego
DB Reggie Smith- They could use a free safety to take over for McRee.

21. Tampa Bay
WR DeSean Jackson- An exciting playmaker on a team that needs one.

22. Dallas (Cle)
DB Jack Ikegwuonu- A physical DB with size to play FS and the cover skills to play CB. They would have liked to have Reggie Smith, but they get someone who is very similar.

23. Washington
DE Derrick Harvey- Gives them a high motor DE who is technically sound.

24. Jacksonville
LB Ali Highsmith- Gives them a physical LB to play behind a physical DL.

25. Pittsburgh
CB Justin King- A CB with shutdown ability. Not to mention he's from Pennsylvania.

26. Tennessee
WR Early Doucet- Their defense is doing very well, so they do Vince a favor and give him a weapon on offense.

27. NYG
DT Dre Moore- An athletic beast to play alongside Osi.

28. Detroit
CB Mike Jenkins- Gives them a CB with good size and good cover skills on an improving defense.

29. Green Bay
CB Antoine Cason- GB needs a CB to take over for their aging corners.

30. Dallas
RB Steve Slaton- Barber and Slaton...Thunder and Lightning

31. SF (Indy)
OT- Gosder Cherlus- BC has not been doing well lately, and Gosder's stock has been falling. SF takes a need pick in an OT.

I got kinda tired of doing a mock, so I just plugged in players during the end.

Bills2083
11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Malcolm Kelly is a MUCH BETTER choice for Buffalo. We have enough small, fast WRs in Evans, Reed, Price, and Parrish. We dont have that big physical WR. Malcolm Kelly would be a lot better.

foozball
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
you're right...i just thought jackson and evans would make an insane duo of playmakers. big WR's can be had later in the draft anyway.

Bills2083
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Big WRs aren't always good. Kelly is. We need that big WR to become a redzone target. Jackson being 6' wont help us much there.

Big AND small WRs can be taken later on in the draft. You should give us the best WR in the draft there.

T-RICH49
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
WOW if Long fell that far we'd HAVE to take him

Crickett
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
3. NY Jets
RB Darren Mcfadden- Sure, they have Thomas Jones...who's averaging an outrageous 3.8 yards per carry! Sarcasm? To me, a franchise RB is worth more than a 3-4 DE (Chris Long).

Considering the quality of run blocking provided by the Jets OL (terrible), I'd say 3.8 is pretty good. To me a franchise RB is worth nothing if he has nowhere to run. The only question about the Jets OL is if they need two new starting offensive linemen (RT and LG) or three (RG too).

8. Arizona
CB Malcolm Jenkins- None of the LB's are worth a top 10 pick, so they go with the best CB available. Jenkins brings alot of help to secondary that lacks playmakers (except for Adrian Wilson).

<snip>

11. Denver
LB James Laurinaitis-

Not worth taking in the top ten, but worth taking at eleven..... whatsupwitdat?

Babylon
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Would argue that Kenny Phillips is a better football player than Lauranaitis.

Calais Campbell would be a disaster for the Bengals.

You're not sold on Winston Justice as a LT. understatement of the century.

Desean Jackson shouldnt be a 1st round pick.

Chris Long drops= Leinart and Quinn dropping, does that mean some white guy is going to drop and it might as well be him?

BaLLiN
11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
a DT for the giants doesn't seem out of the question

Babylon
11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
a DT for the giants doesn't seem out of the question

Going by this mock draft if i'm the Giants i'm taking Cason or King(cornerbacks).

boogeydown
11-11-2007, 06:40 PM
you have King going to the Lions and Steelers.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
you have King going to the Lions and Steelers.

Pretty good for a guy who a lot of people figure isnt a 1st rounder.

Scotty D
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Mike Jenkins to Detroit would be better.

rodri20
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
i love the pats pick... so they can move meriweather to CB and leave kenny phillips as S... And Laurinaitis i dont think he would be a good fit for a 3-4 defense... besides BB has never drafted a LB before the 4th round and he loves LB with experience from the free agency... but still with the pats it's always "expect the unexpected"...

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Boo we need a run stopper or a DE we dont need another UT.

Travis 24
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Although Justice may suck ass, they don't NEED to draft a tackle. Its not like Tra Thomas and Runyan have seen a decline in their play..they are still playing at a top-notch level, and could easily be re-signed again. Plus they may move Herremans to tackle (His original spot) if needed.

...They need to go secondary...This isn't even funny anymore, they have nothing other than Sheldon Brown back there now.

Yung Flippa
11-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Soild Ravens pick, Terrell Suggs better re-sign!

Tampa 2 4 life
11-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Decent Bucs pick.

Justin King over Mike Jenkins?

princefielder28
11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
good job w/ GB

Caddy
11-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Would argue that Kenny Phillips is a better football player than Lauranaitis.

Calais Campbell would be a disaster for the Bengals.

You're not sold on Winston Justice as a LT. understatement of the century.

Chris Long drops= Leinart and Quinn dropping, does that mean some white guy is going to drop and it might as well be him?

I'd love to have Desean as a Buccaneer in the 1st round.

Crow
11-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Boo we need a run stopper or a DE we dont need another UT.
Yeah, we really do.

Finsfan79
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
2. Miami
OT Jake Long- They're going to have a new QB next year in John Beck, so they have to build around him. Giving him help in the form of a monster offensive tackle is a good place to start.

No thank you, McFadden or long or trade back here

Man_Of_Steel
11-12-2007, 11:15 AM
No way we pass on Cherlius if hes there.

RaiderNation
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
alright raider pick. we need a NT more and a wr more than a UT

xooberon
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
good panther pick

asmitty45
11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I'd rather have michael Jenkins in detroit

aNYtitan
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM

Wait, so your saying the best playmaker in college football(save perhaps Darren McFadden) is not a first rounder?