11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
http://stillfootball.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/orton.jpg

Do you?

dabears10
11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Great thread, or Greatest thread?

Smokey Joe
11-11-2007, 06:24 PM
because of one pass, Grossman will now be the savior of this team, etc.

I want Orton!

bearfan
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
because of one pass, Grossman will now be the savior of this team, etc.

I want Orton!

exactly my thoughts. He completed less than 50% of his passes, quite a few were check downs to benson, but he had 1 big throw. I said to my dad after that throw "he just got himself a second chance". Its a shame that they dont look at Orton over someone who has proven to be wildly inconsistant

bearsfan_51
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Orton is terrible. As long as we have even the slightest of chances to win, I don't want to see him doing anything other than holding a clipboard. Here's hoping that Griese is healthy for next week.

Smokey Joe
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Orton isn't terrible. You can't say he is terrible when he hasn't played. Orton might not give us the best chance to win, but then again he might. I'd rather see Orton in there over both Griese and Grossman, since this season is done anyway in my eyes. We barely beat the Raiders for christ sake.

bearsfan_51
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I can say Orton is terrible because he is terrible. In fact, using your logic it's more likely that the guy who picks up my trash is better than Orton because he actually hasn't proven that he sucks.

As for our playoff chances, obviously they are pretty sorry, but the wild card teams right now are both 6-3, the Redskins are 5-4, and then a bunch of 4-5 teams (including us). Things would have to change DRAMATICALLY but if we can beat Seattle next week we'd be right back in the hunt. Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if the Lions only won 1-2 more games looking at their schedule, so at least one spot could be completely up for grabs.

Either way, I'm not in favor of tanking the season with 7 games left just for the **** of it.

BucSappy
11-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Bears have the most bad quarterbacks on their team than anyone in the history of the NFL imo (okay maybe I'm over exaggerating but it is fun-ny to think about)

VoteLynnSwan
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Bears have the most bad quarterbacks on their team than anyone in the history of the NFL imo (okay maybe I'm over exaggerating but it is fun-ny to think about)

Minnesota Vikings.

GB12
11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Minnesota Vikings.
Carolina Panthers active QBs could also give you a run.

awfullyquiet
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM

Vin-T

isn't he like as old as julio franco?

GB12
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM
He's 44. If he starts against us next week the starting QBs combined ages would be 82.

The Unseen
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/pnut8200/ChrisFarleyDaBears.jpg

Hurricane Ditka
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Orton is terrible. As long as we have even the slightest of chances to win, I don't want to see him doing anything other than holding a clipboard. Here's hoping that Griese is healthy for next week.

How can you say no to this face?

http://stillfootball.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/orton.jpg

VoteLynnSwan
11-12-2007, 01:42 AM

I'd take Vinny T over the garbage in Minnesota.

edit-not David Carr though, he's probably the worst QB in the NFL.

Hurricane Ditka
11-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Anyone remember the poster Orton'sneckbeard? What ever happened to that guy. If we could have avatars I would totally bring back the Orton +beard + sunglasses.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
http://www.dabearsblog.com/images/013006/orton_dance.jpg

It's time. It's Official. Let the remembering begin.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Haha....it's time.

I've actually been considering getting tickets to that game, seeing as how I can walk to the Metrodome in about 5 minutes. Having Orton get his first start in a few years has spiked my interest a bit, but with the Vikings winning now and it being MNF I imagine they'll be much harder to get than they would have been in September.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Tell Mr Peabody to gas up the wayback machine because this probably won't be much different than his last start in the Metrodome.

Geo
12-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh man, next week's Monday Night Football game just got a whole lot better.

I believe in the neckbeard.

SFbear
12-10-2007, 05:11 PM
http://www.purdue.edu/jumbo/covers/covers_medium/18_kyle_orton.jpg

It begins...

Smokey Joe
12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
No running game, no offensive line, no run defense... that's no problem for the KO Kyle Orton.

Geo
12-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Purdue Power won't be denied. Look at that 13-3 record he was directly responsible for as a rookie with his smart football play. Kyle Orton, he's a winner.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Purdue Power won't be denied. Look at that 13-3 record he was directly responsible for as a rookie with his smart football play. Kyle Orton, he's a winner.
Actually it was 10-5. Grossman was 13-3 the next year.

Geo
12-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Ah, that's right. It's not a coincidence though that Devin Hester became the returner he is now once he joined the same team as Kyle Orton. KO knows football.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Orton was originally schedueled to return punts and kicks but declined as it got in the way of his drinking on the sidelines.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
just saw that Adams and Garay have been placed on IR... Adrian Peterson might get even more yards against the Bears this time then he did last time.

edit: Haha, AD has no chance sunday, we added Baba Oshinowo to our 53 man roster!

brat316
12-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Kyle Orton is back this time with vengeance, its personal this time...

The Unseen
12-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm stoked.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Hide you women. Hide your children. Hide some of your men. Orton is back.

http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/ko99999.jpg

Geo
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Hide your liquor, amirite?

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Hide your liquor, amirite?No, liqour is his lifeblood.

dabears10
12-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Hide your liquor, amirite?

You can't hide liquor from Orton.

He only see's booze, everything else is just an obstacle.

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2007, 09:06 AM
btw whats better:
loosing and get a better draft pick
or Winning and get a worse one?

xspikex
12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
btw whats better:
loosing and get a better draft pick
or Winning and get a worse one?

Winning! you always play to win.
I rather see the 40 or so guys that are gonna be back next year
play really well for three games so we finish 8-8,
then us losing out and picking our 7 or 8 new guys slightly higher.

VoteLynnSwan
12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
[Herm Edwards] YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! [/Herm Edwards]

bearsfan_51
12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Renji you ask that question again and you're getting banned from these boards.

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
im sorry lol

id love to see the bears dominate the vikings though, orton being the reason why they wouldnt get into the postseason would be hilarious wouldnt it

Hurricane Ditka
12-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Renji you ask that question again and you're getting banned from these boards.So does you being a mod mean that I'm basically irrelvant as team leader?

GB12
12-11-2007, 03:27 PM
im sorry lol

id love to see the bears dominate the vikings though, orton being the reason why they wouldnt get into the postseason would be hilarious wouldnt it
Don't let him scare you. He doesn't have banning powers. :o

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
haha first day on this board and im already getting threatend :D

bearsfan_51
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
So does you being a mod mean that I'm basically irrelvant as team leader?

Well I was obviously joking, but in all seriousness no. The only thing I've done on the Bears board is unsticky a few things that were clearly outdated, other than that it's your show.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2007, 03:30 PM
No but really welcome to the Bears board guys, we need more people to push Smokey's monkey-assed arguments up the page.

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
im actually from germany lol its really hard to get to see the games given the fact that they play in the afternoon really often which is like 2 am over here

EDIT:haha Mayer wants the bears to sign Bob Sanders and Michael Turner as FAs

Smokey Joe
12-11-2007, 04:57 PM
I see a power struggle!?!?!?! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regoob2
12-11-2007, 05:16 PM
im actually from germany lol its really hard to get to see the games given the fact that they play in the afternoon really often which is like 2 am over here

EDIT:haha Mayer wants the bears to sign Bob Sanders and Michael Turner as FAs

Yeah I just read that too and I'd more than welcome Sanders to the bears.

Geo
12-11-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/images/photos/nfl/chi/nfl_orton_250.jpg

Gladiator imo.

bearfan
12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Yeah I just read that too and I'd more than welcome Sanders to the bears.

Can he stay healthy though?

And theTurner thing would be interesting, I was looking at the Cap for the teams, and idk what other teams really need a RB. ATL? Could draft McFad. GB found Grant. I dont see to many teams willing to throw big money at a RB since they already have one.

Smokey Joe
12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I see Turner going to the Giants. I think they realize that Jacobs is better served as the bruiser back in a 2-back system.

Either them or the Browns.

Hurricane Ditka
12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
No but really welcome to the Bears board guys, we need more people to push Smokey's monkey-assed arguments up the page.I don't think Smokey need much pushing when theres monkey ass involved. Or something like that.

Smokey Joe
12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
ohh, I see, the "leaders" feel threatened by my awesome-ness.

;)

Gay Ork Wang
12-12-2007, 06:34 AM
I dont know, the Giants have Ward Droughns and Jacobs

VoteLynnSwan
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
yea, i don't see the Giants spending that much money on a luxury...

awfullyquiet
12-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Ah, joy.

Orton starts.

I only figured that out today because I saw the back of someone's red eye...
Eff work.

Not the point. I remember in 05 i heard some kid say (it might have been my kid brother), orton could throw the ball 60 yards kneeling...
i was like. yeah. and i can punt your ass 60 yards. orton might be the accidental jay cutler with worse WR's and no 1000 yard running threat...

k0ng
12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Looked Like the same Orton from a few years ago. At least when the o-line wasn't being penalized.

bearsfan_51
12-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah Orton is balls. Of all the things that Toonster ever said, thinking that we could get a 4th or 5th rounder for him has to be top the most puzzling.

Geo
12-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I remember, and I'll never forget.

VoteLynnSwan
12-17-2007, 11:53 PM
yep, Orton sucks balls too.

SFbear
12-18-2007, 01:24 AM
Anytime a QB chucks the ball into the dirt at full speed 5 yards away from a WRs feet, Im going to call that an "Orton". Unfortunately there's not a lot of QBs at the pro level that ever do that.

Hurricane Ditka
12-18-2007, 01:49 AM
I don't think you can fully blame this on Orton, our whole offense is just down right bad right now.

bearsfan_51
12-18-2007, 02:18 AM
I don't think you can fully blame this on Orton, our whole offense is just down right bad right now.

You can't fully blame it on anyone, but Orton is no better now than he was 2 years ago. A decent #3 option, but that's it.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-18-2007, 03:44 AM
You can't fully blame it on anyone, but Orton is no better now than he was 2 years ago. A decent #3 option, but that's it.

Is there even a such thing as a decent #3 option? lol.

Orton sucks.. Fred Miller is worse. This team is an embarrassment.

Woodson & DJ Hall please.

bearfan
12-18-2007, 06:10 AM
I think Orton played as expected. I hoped that he would have a good game, but it was unspectacular. Im not ready to jump on the "Orton Sucks Boat", he did have some bad throws, but he also had some decent ones too. I dont think his INT was all his fault, Berrian just kept running. This happened earlier in the game where berrian ran past the ball while it was in the air. So I dont blame orton fully for his INT, because as a reciever you are supposed to locate and get the ball, and Ortons pass was not terrible...just underthrown.

I think that he did a good job managing the game, I hope that next week he will be allowed/will throw more than a dump off pass.

Gay Ork Wang
12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Why the hell can our offensive line not protect the football and the WR cant catch for their lifes. Hell why are we leading the league in drops?

Btw it was an okay perfomance but think about it: ur playing the worse pass defense in the league

i think what the bears have in vasher in tillman is, that they are to excellent zone but also man to man CBs. U can put 8 in the pocket and let them m2m, thats why we where able to stop the run better. at least thats my opinion. Didnt we start to suck at RushD after he was out?

Geo
12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Let's consider re: Orton, he had all of a week's worth of practice snaps to prepare to be a starter again, having waited for 2 years or so since his last time.

VoteLynnSwan
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
it doesn't matter... no QB would be successful on this team at this point...

bearfan
12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
You know what I will remember about Orton? No turnovers, and how well the defense plays when he takes his time getting down the field.

Now Orton may not be as talented as Grossman, but I think he is better for the team. A QB that is efficient, makes few mistakes, and eats up the clock. I am not proclaiming Orton as savior, but I think if the team does well next week, and Orton plays well too that we could put Qb as the 2nd (is already 2nd) or 3rd need in the draft/offseason.

dabears10
12-23-2007, 10:14 PM
You know what I will remember about Orton? No turnovers, and how well the defense plays when he takes his time getting down the field.

Now Orton may not be as talented as Grossman, but I think he is better for the team. A QB that is efficient, makes few mistakes, and eats up the clock. I am not proclaiming Orton as savior, but I think if the team does well next week, and Orton plays well too that we could put Qb as the 2nd (is already 2nd) or 3rd need in the draft/offseason.

Orton is not efficient. That would be the last word I would use. I mean we could have had more points if instead of whipping the ball at our receivers he would take some off. Some of this is the WR core but still come on man.

I only want to take a QB in the 1st if it's Matt Ryan and in the 2nd if its Flacco.

regoob2
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Orton seems to make much better decisions than either grossman or griese. It was only one game but he still did a very good job. We seem to win when Orton is in the game and thats all i care about

Hurricane Ditka
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Orton rocked the **** today.

bearfan
12-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Orton is not efficient. That would be the last word I would use. I mean we could have had more points if instead of whipping the ball at our receivers he would take some off. Some of this is the WR core but still come on man.

I only want to take a QB in the 1st if it's Matt Ryan and in the 2nd if its Flacco.

You just dont like Orton. Sure they were rockets, but they are paid to make the catch. You cant blame Orton on all the drops.

Smokey Joe
12-24-2007, 12:20 AM

When the wind was as hard and swirling as it was today, the only way to get it to the receivers in a straight line so they don't curve is by throwing lasers.

DaBear89
12-24-2007, 01:22 AM
When the wind was as hard and swirling as it was today, the only way to get it to the receivers in a straight line so they don't curve is by throwing lasers.
xactly what i was thinking. I've always been a fan of orton and still think he had earned the right to start during those playoff games back in 06(u know where Rex threw a pick late in the game to seal our fate...the 1st time) and would like to see him get the chance to start next year. i would love to see ainge or brennan drop to our 3rd and pick them up there so we have some good young QBs to push each other.

dabears10
12-24-2007, 10:20 AM

That may be true on passes that are 10+ yards down the field. However, when the guy is 5 yards away, the Moose drop, you dont have to wind up with your whole body.

I wouldn't mind Orton for next year, but I in no way want him for any sort of long term solution. His performance yesterday in my mind was the exception that proves the rule, that Kyle Orton is not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

bearfan
12-24-2007, 10:25 AM
He may not be a Peyton, or Brady, or Brees, but I dont think that we need a QB like that. Orton may/probably is not the QB of the future, but he has minimal turnovers in his 2 games this year (and his INT wasnt all his fault), and we play much better getting back to the running game. I just dont think that we need a QB that is elite, yes it would be nice, but we definantly dont need it. We need a QB that makes minimal turnovers, and Orton does that.

toonsterwu
12-24-2007, 11:35 AM
I see I was mentioned. I haven't really changed my mind on it. If Orton has a decent start to end the year, I don't think it's crazy to think that we could get a 5th rounder. If I remember, I think my comment on him getting a 4th rounder was something along the lines of that's stretching it (although someone can go ahead and prove me wrong, too lazy to dig it up). But 5th rounder? I think that is still more possible than Bears fans would suggest. QB with some experience, some raw tools, and some upside? Even as a caretaker? He's got a whole heck of a lot of issues mechanically, and football IQ wise, but there's some tools there, and QB value always gets inflated. So, yes, I think Orton could bring in a 5th rounder in return if we decided to offer him around.

Now that said, I'm not sold we'll move him. I think there's a shot that Orton is kept and we jettison Brian Griese.

Smokey Joe
12-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I personally would like to see and hope that Griese and Orton are brought back with a first day QB drafted to develop, with Grossman let go.

Rush23Hester
01-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Kyle Orton is going to be back next year and contend for the starting job. Many people forget that he was thrown into the fire as a rookie 3 years ago on a poor offense with no playmakers and a decent running game, the team used the defense as their crutch. He has improved immensely compared to what he once was.

regoob2
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't read everything but who things Orton won't be back?

Gay Ork Wang
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
somewhere thinking about trading him apparently

Rush23Hester
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Who would want Orton lol

bearfan
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Who would want Orton lol

What did Frye get? A 6th? I think we could at least get a 5th for Orton, someone who is young, but has the size and potential to be a solid player/backup

bearsfan_51
01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
What did Frye get? A 6th? I think we could at least get a 5th for Orton, someone who is young, but has the size and potential to be a solid player/backup

Why would Orton draw in more than Frye? Granted I have a bias here, but I think Frye is the much better prospect of the two. He's made a lot more throws and has much better mobility in the pocket than Orton.

regoob2
01-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Why would we want to get rid of Orton? This guy wins games for us and we don't have anyone better on the roster.