PDA

View Full Version : Earl vs. Early

boogeydown
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
can someone compare Earl Bennet from Vanderbilt and Early Doucet from LSU for me? I just curious what their strenghts and weaknesses are.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I'll let someone else tackle Bennett but Early Doucet is a special receiver, has good size at 6-0 and over 200lbs with speed in the 4.4 range and he can run with the ball. would be my top receiver if i were doing a mock.

bearsfan_51
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Both are smaller recievers with speed, but Doucett will likely go early because he's more explosive off the line and has recieved more national attention at LSU.

yo123
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I'll let someone else tackle Bennett but Early Doucet is a special receiver, has good size at 6-0 and over 200lbs with speed in the 4.4 range and he can run with the ball. would be my top receiver if i were doing a mock.

6'0 is good size? News to me.

Travis 24
11-11-2007, 09:03 PM
6'0" 200 is good size..

BuddyCHRIST
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
isn't he more 210 anyways?

Cashmoney
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
doucet is more explosive, but i think bennett has better hands. dont quote me on that though.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-12-2007, 03:07 AM
6'0 is good size? News to me.

I'd say that Doucet's jumping ability more than makes up for his height. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he posts a 39+ inch vert at the combine.

rfc17
11-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Im sure very few know A LOT about Bennett cuz frankly who watches vandy. but since I graduated from there I watch every game. and ill try to avoid being biased.

Bennett's best attributes are his route running and his hands. he isnt slow but he doesnt have great deep speed either. he wont run away from anyone at the NFL level. is a smooth runner but wont be shaking people out of their shoes. dont expect tons of YAC.

he isnt bad at anything. really doesnt have a weakness. however the only attribute you might consider elite is his hands. which frankly is pretty important.

aside from the obvious similarities(both from birmingham, similar size) when you think earl bennett, think jerricho cotchery of the jets. probably wont be a gamebreaker. but should be a very good, dependable possession receiver.

pretty much a guarantee he will leave early. his stock might have been higher last year if he had been allowed to come out. vandy has had trouble with consistency at QB this year... injuries and poor play. so bennett's numbers probably wont be as good.

even though im a fan of his, i wouldnt take him in the 1st round. i may not even take him in the 2nd. would be in the last half of the 2nd if I did so.

11-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Im sure very few know A LOT about Bennett cuz frankly who watches vandy. but since I graduated from there I watch every game. and ill try to avoid being biased.

Bennett's best attributes are his route running and his hands. he isnt slow but he doesnt have great deep speed either. he wont run away from anyone at the NFL level. is a smooth runner but wont be shaking people out of their shoes. dont expect tons of YAC.

he isnt bad at anything. really doesnt have a weakness. however the only attribute you might consider elite is his hands. which frankly is pretty important.

aside from the obvious similarities(both from birmingham, similar size) when you think earl bennett, think jerricho cotchery of the jets. probably wont be a gamebreaker. but should be a very good, dependable possession receiver.

pretty much a guarantee he will leave early. his stock might have been higher last year if he had been allowed to come out. vandy has had trouble with consistency at QB this year... injuries and poor play. so bennett's numbers probably wont be as good.

even though im a fan of his, i wouldnt take him in the 1st round. i may not even take him in the 2nd. would be in the last half of the 2nd if I did so.

based on what u said bennett seems a lot like rod smith and should be a steady receiver for a long time

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Bennett is more like a smaller Larry Fitzgerald.. Smaller, but physical, great hands and body control..

Doucet is a bit more explosive.

If I pick one I go with Bennett.

boogeydown
11-12-2007, 09:46 PM
who projects to be the better pro?

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
who projects to be the better pro?

It's tough, they both have good intangibles..

Comparing to Indy..

I think Bennett is the Marvin Harrison and Doucet is the tad less talented Reggie Wayne.

toonsterwu
11-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I like Doucet of the two. Doucet reminds me a bit of Lee Evans coming out (and both had medical issues coming out as well). That said, he's definitely got a bit more of a bust factor than Bennett. I'm going to make a Bennett comparison that will make it seem like I don't like him, but that's not the case. I think of Darrell Jackson when I see Earl Bennett. Jackson's a solid starter, and I think Bennett will be too.

11-12-2007, 10:06 PM
whoa i didnt realize how young bennett really is and some were saying his draft stock would have been higher if he were allowed to elect to come out last year..very interesting indeed

Scott Wright
11-13-2007, 01:55 AM
I think Early Doucet is pretty overrated to be honest. I don't see him as much more than a #2 or #3 and he certainly isn't on the same level as Dwayne Bowe as a prospect. Think of him more along the lines of Josh Reed in the NFL.

BucSappy
11-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Doucet seems to be that jack of all trades prospect that Hines Ward was but faster (and maybe not as good a blocker)

Green Bay Scat
11-13-2007, 04:03 AM
Earl Bennett is bigger than Doucet? EB is 6'1" 202lbs(albeit it could change) and i wouldnt doubt EB runnin in the 4.4 range. Bennett also has PR ability and has done more with less, and i dont know about Doucet but EB is all about team, he was mad when he leads his team in catches, but his team loses, yet when he caught 2 in a game and they won, he was as happy as can be. Hes got a Jerry Rice persona, and whoever drafts him is getting a consitent player on and off the field.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/commodores/earl-on-the-field.html

schmiddog
11-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Love Early Doucet....his play screams "impact # 1" at the next level