PDA

View Full Version : Javon Ringer

BamaFalcon59
11-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Anybody watch this guy a lot? I saw some highlight film of him, and while it's just highlight film he looked pretty good. His stats are impressive as well. I like his teammate Jehruu Caulcrick as well but Ringer at 5'9 200 has a solid build and looks really explosive.

Any ideas of where he ranks among the junior runningbacks and what round he could go in next year?

BamaFalcon59
11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Anybody?

ff

neko4
11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Ive seen a few times early in the year, looked good, but it was against crappy comp.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:15 PM
He allegedly runs a 4.4, but I don't buy it. Shawn Crable is a 4.55 guy at best and caught him from behind.

asmitty45
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I go to Michigan State, I have watched every game of his and this kid is for real. He's definitely a 4.4 guy and he breaks tackles with his elusiveness. He's put up solid if not spectacular numbers in every game. The only reason he doesnt have 15+ TD's is because of Jehuu Caulcrick who gets all the goal line carries and has 20 TD's.

And if you saw the play where he was run down it was because he went 90 yards after running from the right hash to the left sideline and swinging it all the way back, and crable was dropped in coverage.

asmitty45
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
As far as round I would say 2nd in 09, later this year b/c of RB depth. But i dont think he'll go out this year.

His size will hurt him, but he is for real.

BamaFalcon59
11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
So you think he can carry the load or is he a duel back?

Nerv
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
So you think he can carry the load or is he a duel back?

Well so far in his career he has been a duel back & hasnt been asked to carry the load. So the jury is still out on that.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
And if you saw the play where he was run down it was because he went 90 yards after running from the right hash to the left sideline and swinging it all the way back, and crable was dropped in coverage.

Um, no. Crable was the guy who missed him behind the LOS.

WCH
11-12-2007, 03:29 PM
He's a very instinctive runner, who (in the games I've watched) has displayed good vision and balance. Well built guy even though he's shorter than the prototypical NFL back (he has a higher Body Mass Index than Reggie Bush, for example). Has the speed to take it the distance, and I believe that he's probably a legit 4.45 guy. Can catch out of the backfield. Seems to have some serious durability issues which could keep him from being an every down back, but I could definitely see him excelling in a dual-RB system. Was heavily recruited by Ohio St., but couldn't get the minimum ACT score to qualify for admission.

I personally think that he's right behind Felix Jones in the junior class, but most people would probably strongly disagree with me.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Has the speed to take it the distance, and I believe that he's a legit 4.45 guy (at worst).

If he runs a 4.45, Shawn Crable runs a 4.3, and that's not happening.

WCH
11-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Players who break multiple 70+ yard runs usually clock in the 4.40-4.45 range. If Crable caught him from behind then that most likely means that he has endurance issues, and not straight-line speed issues. More reason to think that he'll fit more in the Jurious Norwood, dual-back role.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Players who break multiple 70+ yard runs usually clock in the 4.40-4.45 range. If Crable caught him from behind then that most likely means that he has endurance issues, and not straight-line speed issues. More reason to think that he'll fit more in the Jurious Norwood, dual-back role.

That's some pretty crappy endurance then. He could be good, but he's rather small.

P-L
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Crable had an angle on him. He didn't run him down in a straight line.

VoteLynnSwan
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
and seriously, it was ONE play...

Unbiased
11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
If he runs a 4.45, Shawn Crable runs a 4.3, and that's not happening.

Who cares about timed speed? We've all seen him play. We know what he can do.

Freddy G
11-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Ringer is kind of along the lines Hart/Rice complex. Small and tremendously productive, but not near the prospect the clippings would lead you to believe. However, at least Ringer has something that seperates him which is homerun abililty.

schmiddog
11-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Doesn't necessarily project as a full-time back but he'll be a fine role player\situational back. Definitely has what it takes to churn out some yardage when called upon in the NFL

Scotty D
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Steve Slaton 2.0?

BamaFalcon59
11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
For what it's worth (not much) MSU.com says he runs a 4.35.

I think I'll watch MSU vs. Penn. State. From what I hear I like the guy, but he will be competing with some other speed backs if they stay their senior years (Jamaal Charles, Felix Jones, etc.). We have Jerious Norwood but I'm always on the lookout, so who knows.

Travis 24
11-13-2007, 08:54 PM
He isn't remotely as strong as Rice/Hart..

One thing I noticed with him is that he's pretty good in space..especially out of the backfield.

bearfan
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I really like what I have seen from him. I made a month or so back asking about both Ringer, and the WR Thomas (#5) who both were very impressive in the game that I watched. The thing I like about Ringer is that almost every time I see him touch the ball, something happens. I hope to the lord that the Bears draft this guy next year

yo123
11-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I really like what I have seen from him. I made a month or so back asking about both Ringer, and the WR Thomas (#5) who both were very impressive in the game that I watched. The thing I like about Ringer is that almost every time I see him touch the ball, something happens. I hope to the lord that the Bears draft this guy next year

Why? Didnt you just draft Garrett Wolfe to be a change of pace guy? Or are you counting him as a wasted pick?

gstock05
11-14-2007, 01:08 PM
He needs to get better between the tackles.

Although Sniper, keep in mind, its very hard to run at full speed with a football in your hand...

srv fan
11-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Ringer is definately a good back, and I think he should have some sort of future in the NFL. However, I would guess it is as more of a 3rd down/change of pace than an everyday runner. For all his speed and instincts, he is not good running between the tackles, and there is too much speed in the NFL for him to try to bust everything out to the edges, which he does quite successfully in college.

bearfan
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Why? Didnt you just draft Garrett Wolfe to be a change of pace guy? Or are you counting him as a wasted pick?

Definantly a wasted pick. And Benson isnt looking so hot either, so if Benson doesnt pan out, we could have a decent 1-2 punch with this guy

ironman4579
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I go to Michigan State, I have watched every game of his and this kid is for real. He's definitely a 4.4 guy and he breaks tackles with his elusiveness. He's put up solid if not spectacular numbers in every game. The only reason he doesnt have 15+ TD's is because of Jehuu Caulcrick who gets all the goal line carries and has 20 TD's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wqO4VQiorM

At :15 seconds. As has been said, Crable was the one who hit him behind the LOS, he wasn't dropped into coverage.

Nerv
11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wqO4VQiorM

At :15 seconds. As has been said, Crable was the one who hit him behind the LOS, he wasn't dropped into coverage.

..if you watch the link you just posted its very clear at the end that the person who tackled him is #2. #2 is Shawn Crable. Crable was the one who ran him down and tackled him.

ironman4579
11-14-2007, 07:47 PM
..if you watch the link you just posted its very clear at the end that the person who tackled him is #2. #2 is Shawn Crable. Crable was the one who ran him down and tackled him.

That was my point. Believe me, there's probably not a bigger fan of Shawn Crable on here, so trust me, I know what number he is. I was posting the vid to show that Crable wasn't dropped into coverage. He made the intial hit, then ran Ringer down and made the (temporary) TD saving tackle.

asmitty45
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
He has been a dual back, but if he stays he'll be the man next year. He gets far more carries than Jehuu Caulcrick, but Jehuu gets all the goal-line carries. I would say that he'll still be under the radar despite probably finishing in the top 10 in the country in rushing while splitting carries. But if he stays and proves he can carry the load there is no reason he can't be a first round guy.