PDA

View Full Version : Late Round Steels

Jakey
11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Who are the best late round/UDFA's on your favourite team...explanations would be nice. They dont have to be superstars like Tom Brady...just players you like that make a possitive impact.

Steelers:

Brett Keisel - (DE/6'5"/285/BYU) Perfectly suited as a 3-4 DE...great against the run and leads the Steelers with QB hurries. Plays as a rover in certain defensive packages...and can really move for a big guy. Played special teams for a few years, then made the most of his oppertunities when he became a starter. Is a great team guy...and is a vital part of the No1 Defence in the league. (7th Round)

James Harrison - (OLB/6'00"/242/Kent State) Not the ideal size for a 3-4 OLB...but more than makes up for that with raw strength and determination. Again like Keisel he got to showcase his talents on ST for a few years and bided his time behind Joey Porter. Made big plays everytime he hit the field...and eventualy he has proved his worth this season, in a full time roll. He has 58 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 6 FF's, 2 FR's, 1 INT and 4 PD. Thats good by anyones standards...let alone an UDFA. (UDFA)

Willie Parker - (RB/5'10"/210/North Carolina) The guy didn't even start in college...but thanks to Dick Hoak (ex-rb coach) Willie has had the chance to become one of the best RB's in the NFL. People might say he's too small to be an everydown back...but if you watch his style of play, he hardly ever gets sticked. He usually gets dragged down from behind, gets to the sidelines or ducks out of big hits i.e he stays pretty fresh. Not only is he great at running to the outside...he is underrated at running up the gut, and he is a good (but not great) pass blocker. He's on pace to finish this season with over 1500 yards rushing...which is pretty good concidering our less than steller line play. IMHO i think Willie is the Steelers biggest steel, and one of the biggest steels in the league. (UDFA)

I'd be interested in seeing your teams picks...and what you think of mine. Thanks, Jakey.

BufFan71
11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
hmmm.....
-Jason Peters--UDFA
-Jabari Greer- UDFA, has shut down pretty much every wr hes been assigned to, even Terrel Owens
-Brian Moorman-UDFA- Best punter in the nfl
George Wilson- UDFA, former WR who plays safety, hes got 2 ints, one for a TD

Freddy G
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Derek Anderson, 6th round- 20 TDs. (Even though the Ravens actually drafted him, Phil Savage had a hand in it and then signed him to the browns)

Josh Cribbs, UDFA- A premier return man in the NFL.

Leigh Bodden, UDFA- Hasn't yet returned to 05 form, but when the QB has literally all day to throw, it doesn't help.

Simon Fraser, UDFA- Not really a great player, good depth guy, but is probably the hardest, most detedicated player on the team.

bored of education
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Priest Holmes - UDFA
Napoleon Harris - UDFA
Jarrad Page - 7th Round
Brian Waters - UDFA
Casey Wiegmann - UDFA

T-RICH49
11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Priest Holmes - UDFA
Napoleon Harris - UDFA
Jarrad Page - 7th Round
Brian Waters - UDFA
Casey Wiegmann - UDFA

I could have sworn Nap Harris was picked

Jakey
11-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Napoleon Harris was drafted in round 1 i think???

soybean
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
well there's alloy, titanium etc...

Jakey
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
well there's alloy, titanium etc...

I just got it :rolleyes:

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Cortland Finnegan, 7th round - Starting CB. Plays mean, aggressive, fast, and borderline dirty despite his small size. Reminds me of Blaine Bishop with corner skills. Didn't play too great yesterday but he's been a legit player for us.

Tony Brown, UDFA waiver wire pickup - Starting DT. Pretty good player, very active with a good motor and has some good quickness. Wasn't very effective with Haynesworth out, so he may need someone next to him to draw attention away to be really effective. Plays the run well by disrupting instead of just tying up blockers.

Ahmard Hall, UDFA - Starting FB. Runs a 4.5 and is very strong also. Great lead blocker and is athletic enough to give us an option in the running and passing game. Out with a broken forearm right now though. Bigtime fan favorite.

Yung Flippa
11-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Bart Scott - Undrafted
BJ Sams - Undrafted
Demetruis Williams - 4th Round
TROY SMITH! -5th Round
Dawan Landry - 5th Round
Jared Gaither - 5th Round Supplemental
Quinn Sypniewski - 5th Round
Antwan Barnes - 4th Round (will be future star)

Jakey
11-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Ahmard Hall, UDFA - Starting FB. Runs a 4.5 and is very strong also. Great lead blocker and is athletic enough to give us an option in the running and passing game. Out with a broken forearm right now though. Bigtime fan favorite.

His Arm obviously isn't that Hard!!!

...I know it was bad! :rolleyes:

steelernation77
11-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Bart Scott - Undrafted
BJ Sams - Undrafted
TROY SMITH! -5th Round
Dawan Landry - 5th Round

I don't think he meant 4th and 5th round players. Also, you can't say guys like Troy Smith and Antwaan Barnes are good pick-ups, when they really haven't played.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Priest Holmes - UDFA
Napoleon Harris - UDFA
Jarrad Page - 7th Round
Brian Waters - UDFA
Casey Wiegmann - UDFA

ya, harris was a first round pick out of northwestern i think. i could be wrong, or just misunderstanding what you mean...

Matthew Jones
11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
There's this one guy, Tom Brady...

JK17
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Antonio Gates-UDFA
Kris Dielman-UDFA
Shane Olivea-7th round (not a superstar, but a solid starter)

RaiderNation
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
RONALD CURRY 7th rounder
http://www.raiders.com/uploadedImages/Fanzone/2005-curry-wp-800.jpg

fenikz
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
2007 5th Round WR/KR/PR Steve Breaston
He is quickly becoming the best KR/PR in Cardinals history, thats not saying much about the Cardinals but he is still sick.

2006 4th Round NT Gabe Watson
The man is a beast he eats up 2 guys on every play which frees up Dockett, Pace, & Smith to go one on one with people.

2005 5th Round DE Antonio Smith
He is the most underrated player on the Cardinals defense, always does his job and is in the right spots at the right times, I believe he will eventually be a pro bowler.

2005 3rd Round DT Darnell Dockett
All right 3rd round may not be late but it most certainly was a steal. He is arguably a top 5 DT in the league right now, and he seems like he is only getting better every week.

KCJ58
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Bart Scott - Undrafted
BJ Sams - Undrafted
TROY SMITH! -5th Round
Dawan Landry - 5th Round

only guy i like and a backup TE in college from CU!

Splat
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Priest Holmes - UDFA
Napoleon Harris - UDFA
Jarrad Page - 7th Round
Brian Waters - UDFA
Casey Wiegmann - UDFA

NH was drafted by the Raiders and you have to add Jared Allen a steal in the 4th round.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Chris Carr CB/KR
Oren O'Neal FB
Rod Coleman UT
Grady jackson DT
John Madsen TE/WR

Bills2083
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
hmmm.....
-Jason Peters--UDFA
-Jabari Greer- UDFA, has shut down pretty much every wr hes been assigned to, even Terrel Owens
-Brian Moorman-UDFA- Best punter in the nfl
George Wilson- UDFA, former WR who plays safety, hes got 2 ints, one for a TD

-Terrence McGee was a 4th rounder.
-Brad Butler was a 6th (I think)
-John DiGiorgio was an UDFA (I think).

Bills2083
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
ya, harris was a first round pick out of northwestern i think. i could be wrong, or just misunderstanding what you mean...

You're right.

Harris was drafted with the 23rd overall pick by the Raiders, out of Northwestern. He was then traded to the Vikings, along with a 1st rounder, for Randy Moss. He then signed with the Chiefs later on.

FloridaFootball
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
First person that comes to mind for the washington redskins is our RB/Kick returner, Rock Cartwright picked in the 7th round, RB out of kansas state. this year on kick returns he averages 27.6 yards a return, longest of 80 yards 25 times hes returned it more than 20 yards, twice hes returned it more than 40 yards, never fumbled.

Good for a 7th round pick.

no love
11-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Currently on the 49ers
Eric Heitman (7th round) - Solid center who has had sort of a down year since his injury last year.
Keith Lewis (6th round) - Special teams ace and a good backup safety

I don't know how anyone has not mentioned Zach Thomas, Ward or Colston they are poster boys for late round picks in the draft.

bsaza2358
11-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Todd Herremens, starting LG, 4th round
Jamaal Jackson, starting C, UDFA
Brian Westbrook, late third round
Trent Cole, most sacks in the NFL, 5th round
Omar Gaither, starting MLB, 5th round

Others that I can think of:

Nathan Vasher
Raheem Brock
Chris Cooley
Bart Scott
Ahman Green
Matt Hasselbeck
Antonio Gates
Houshmanzadah
Hines Ward
Brandon Jacobs
Marion Barber III
Jason Witten
Hank Fraley
Ellis Hobbs
Mike Vrabel
Steve Smith

Shiver
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Trey Lewis is already starting at NT and he facilitated Grady Jackson's release. Not too bad for a fifth round pick rookie. Atlanta has two other fifth round gems: Michael Boley and Rod Coleman.

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Ward? He's a good blocker and fighter, but he really isn't much running the ball, our running game is so much more effective with Jacobs carryingthe ball.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Here's the Packers starters and key contributors, bolded players I consider a late round/undrafted steal.

Al Harris-6th Round pick
Atari Bigby-Undrafted
Nick Collins-2nd Round Pick
Charles Woodson-1st Round Pick
A.J. Hawk-1st Round Pick
Nick Barnett-1st Round Pick
Brady Poppinga-4th Round Pick
Cullen Jenkins-Undrafted
Johnny Jolly-6th Round Pick
Ryan Pickett-1st Round Pick
Aaron Kampman-5th Round Pick
Corey Williams-6th Round Pick
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila-5th Round Pick

Donald Lee-5th Round Pick
Donald Driver-7th Round Pick
Greg Jennings-2nd Round Pick
James Jones-3rd Round Pick (everybody thought 5th round or later)
Ryan Grant-Undrafted I think
Brett Favre-2nd Round Pick
Chad Clifton-2nd Round Pick
Daryn Colledge-2nd Round Pick
Scott Wells-7th Round Pick (251st pick!)
Junius Coston-5th Round Pick
Mark Tauscher-7th Round Pick

I don't think any other team can come close to the talent level accumulated from these late round picks.

Paul
11-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Tony Romo UDFA
Patrick Crayton 7th Round
Marion Barber 4th rounder

neko4
11-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Here's the Packers starters and key contributors, bolded players I consider a late round/undrafted steal.

Al Harris-6th Round pick
Atari Bigby-Undrafted
Nick Collins-2nd Round Pick
Charles Woodson-1st Round Pick
A.J. Hawk-1st Round Pick
Nick Barnett-1st Round Pick
Brady Poppinga-4th Round Pick
Cullen Jenkins-Undrafted
Johnny Jolly-6th Round Pick
Ryan Pickett-1st Round Pick
Aaron Kampman-5th Round Pick
Corey Williams-6th Round Pick
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila-5th Round Pick

Donald Lee-5th Round Pick
Donald Driver-7th Round Pick
Greg Jennings-2nd Round Pick
James Jones-3rd Round Pick (everybody thought 5th round or later)
Ryan Grant-Undrafted I think
Brett Favre-2nd Round Pick
Chad Clifton-2nd Round Pick
Daryn Colledge-2nd Round Pick
Scott Wells-7th Round Pick (251st pick!)
Junius Coston-5th Round Pick
Mark Tauscher-7th Round Pick

I don't think any other team can come close to the talent level accumulated from these late round picks.

Colin Cole was undrafted I think, so we got more than our money for him.
Deshawn Wynn did good in the time he played
Ruvell Martin who had 2 TD's yesterday was UDFA I believe
I dont think Kuhn was drafted and the other FB who i cant remember was a late rounder

Those guys arent like everyday contributers though

SeanTaylorRIP
11-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Redskins
Lorenzo Alexander-The man is a beast, he is an undrafted rookie. He made his name by diving into a pile head first with no helmet on in preseason and every since he has taken off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5OVXRuqKdE. A very active DT he should get more pt in future seasons, but more importantly is the fact that hes one of the most dynamic players in the NFL. Apart from backing up DT, he plays a good 20+ plays now as a tackle on offense or a blocking TE. He is a mauler of a run blocker and is actually pretty good in pass protection, that and he plays special teams. So underrated.
Others I can think of off the top of my head, Kedric Golston, HB Blades, Anthony Montgomery, Chris Wilson, Reed Doughty, Stephon Heyer.

NYGibril28
11-12-2007, 02:45 PM
New York Giants:

Brandon Jacobs, 4th Round - Workhorse back.
David Tyree, 6th Round - Outstanding special teams contributor.
Michael Matthews, UDFA - Been an outstanding blocker.
David Diehl, 5th Round - Versatile OL, started his career as a Guard, currently playing LT
Kevin Dockery, UDFA - CB who has performed well. Potential.
Gibril Wilson, 5th Round - Premier run stuffing safety, not as good in coverage

Players not drafted by the Giants who have been steals...

Derrick Ward, UDFA (Jets)

Whistler6
11-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Donald Driver - 7th round

Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
There's this one guy, Tom Brady...

Never heard of him. Sounds like a LB or DE to me.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2007, 02:57 PM

He's been really good in coverage, but he hasn't exactly shut down everyone he's faced. He's gotten a lot better at tackling over this season, and he made the game ending play yesterday. He's finally brought his best level into the regular season and he's been an effective starter for us.

sweetness34
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Trumaine McBride is gonna be a player down the road, kid did some great things yesterday against the Raiders.

kmartin575
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Alfonso Boone, 7th round- was picked by Detroit but Chicago picked him up off of their practice squad. I believe he would have had a better career in Chicago if he didn't have numerous 1st day picks at DT in front of him.

He is blossoming in KC. He isn't getting alot of sacks but he is getting constant pressure and Jared Allen has credited him for the reason he is having the best season of his career.

Boston
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Johnny Jolly
Cullen Jenkins
Brett Favre

Ravens1991
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Antwan Barnes and Prescott Burgress look like they got skills.

iowatreat54
11-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Johnny Jolly
Cullen Jenkins
Brett Favre

not exactly a draft steal when you trade for him after his rookie year...but I'm sure it was a trade steal from ATL...who did you guys give up for him?

scottyboy
11-12-2007, 04:07 PM
NYGibril forgot about UDFA Shaun O'Hara out of THE Rutgers University.

oh and that other UDFA in Indy with the sweet pick on Brady, Gary Brackett. oh yea, he's an RU alum too!!!

Boston
11-12-2007, 04:10 PM
not exactly a draft steal when you trade for him after his rookie year...but I'm sure it was a trade steal from ATL...who did you guys give up for him?

A 1st rounder. :)

Sniper
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Bart Scott - Undrafted
BJ Sams - Undrafted
TROY SMITH! -5th Round
Dawan Landry - 5th Round

Prescott Burgess man.

VoteLynnSwan

looking back that trade made zero sense... they gave up a first round pick for a guy who was a 2nd rounder who did absolutely nothing in his first season.

iowatreat54

wow good work Atlanta, you are now my least favorite team ever for doing that to Chicago

neko4
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Which they used to get Tony Smith, a Southern Miss tailback

Shiver
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Am I the only person who thinks the thread title is hilarious. My favorite "steel":

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/FX-Achterbahn.jpg

ks_perfection
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Whenever you have to describe what positino a 1st rounder was you know he was a bust

Ewing
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.spacejunk.org/spacejunk/wp-content/images/humour/shaq-steel1_1142383141.jpg

I hope someone gets this joke. Please.

Smokey Joe
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Alfonso Boone, 7th round- was picked by Detroit but Chicago picked him up off of their practice squad. I believe he would have had a better career in Chicago if he didn't have numerous 1st day picks at DT in front of him.

He is blossoming in KC. He isn't getting alot of sacks but he is getting constant pressure and Jared Allen has credited him for the reason he is having the best season of his career.
if we can get a 3rd round comp. pick for Boone, I have no problem with him leaving. I like Boone and all, but Tommie and Dusty (if he can stay healthy) are better.

PoopSandwich
11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
but is probably the hardest, most detedicated player on the team.

Ya so we have this tight end you may have heard of ;)

I know I'm bias and an idiot but from what hes come back from I think he's earned the title hardest working.

Anyways, I agree with your post, Bodden is not playing like he has the past 2 years however and I'm started to get scared about his play.

TitanHope
11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Rob Bironas, K (UDFA)
Craig Hentrich, P (8th RD)

Pit Bull #53 got the rest of them.

remix 6
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Patriots
Brady - u know the story
Samuel - 4th round pick
Colvin -4th round
Troy Brown - 8th round
Harrison - 5th round
Welker - UDFA
Neal - UDFA
Koppen - 5th round
Thomas - 6th

our starters consist of
1st: Moss/Stallworth/Mankins/Seymour/Warren/Wilfork/Watson/Maroney
2nd: Light
3rd: Kaczur/Hobbs/Bruschi/Vrabel/Evans
4th: Sanders/Colvin/Samuel/
5th: Koppen/Harrison
6th: Brady/Thomas
FA: Neal

Boston
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
looking back that trade made zero sense... they gave up a first round pick for a guy who was a 2nd rounder who did absolutely nothing in his first season.

But Ron Wolf had a vision...

MaxV
11-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Colts' President Bill Polian is one of the best at getting late-round steals/UDFA.

Here are starters that were picked on Day 2 or signed as UDFA by Polian:

Jake Scott (OG) - 5th round
Ryan Diem (OT) - 4th round
Robert Mathis (DE) - 5th round
Ed Johnson (DT) - UDFA
Gary Brackett (MLB) - UDFA
Tyjuan Hagler (OLB) - 5th round
Antoine Bethea (FS) - 6th round
Hunter Smith (P) - 7th round

Colts' starters that were originally picked on Day 2 or signed as UDFA by other teams:

Jeff Saturday (OC) - UDFA by Ravens
Adam Vinatieri (K) - UDFA by Patriots
Raheem Brock (DT) - 7th round by Eagles
Ryan Lilja (OG) - UDFA by Chiefs

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-12-2007, 10:47 PM
not exactly a draft steal when you trade for him after his rookie year...but I'm sure it was a trade steal from ATL...who did you guys give up for him?sigh.....If only Oakland had drafted him instead of Marinovich.

Caddy
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Tanard Jackson in the 4th round has been a god send so far. The Buccaneers have never really had great success with Day 2 picks. Dan Buenning showed flashes as a rookie but has reverted to a back-up now. Paris Warren is another name who would be on this list if not due to injury.

Turtlepower
11-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Tanard Jackson in the 4th round has been a god send so far. The Buccaneers have never really had great success with Day 2 picks. Dan Buenning showed flashes as a rookie but has reverted to a back-up now. Paris Warren is another name who would be on this list if not due to injury.

Hopefully Jackson can stay clean...

steelernation77
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
only guy i like and a backup TE in college from CU!

Also the only pro football player ever from my HS. I was in 5th grade when he was a senior. He was also a good basketball player, he played center on our state runner-up basketball team his senior year and was a beast inside. However, he did drop the game winning touchdown pass against our rival school.

On a side note, his dad, who was my track coach in high school and 7th grade health teacher, is lame. I hated him as a track coach, just a total jerk. He did explain "my changin body" however, and showed me multiple contraceptives and explained how they worked. He also taught PE at the middle school but I was lucky enough not to have him.

CannedToast
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Jets:

Kerry Rhodes - 4th
Leon Washington - 4th
Cotchery - 4th

4th round isn't that late, but the Jets have no one good drafted later... and generally, no one good.

draftguru151
11-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Red Hadnot OG- Bounced between OG and center. Looked awful in the preseason but has been playing very well at RG. Started a few games his rookie year and was a great OG in his 2nd year. At center last year he took a step back but was still good. Been playing very well back at RG this year. 6th rounder.
Yeremiah Bell S- Injured this year but did very well when he got to start last year. 6th rounder.
Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor- You know.
Rod Wright- 7th rounder out of Texas, looked good this year, started a few games.

Mr. Stiller
11-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Steelers since 1998:

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala ~ Was a solid FB/RB and great in short yardage situations. 6th round.. I miss Fu...

DeShea Townsend ~ solid #2 corner for about 8 years now. 4th

Aaron Smith ~ One of the most underrated 3-4 DE's in the league. 4th

Jerame Tuman ~ 5th rounder who was a starter for 3 years. Solid #2/#3 TE right now.

Clark Haggans ~ Starting LOLB since 2001. Not a great player but definitely solid for a while.. 5th rounder

Brett Keisel ~ Starting RDE who was a phenom last year and leads the league in QB Pressures. 7th rounder

Larry Foote ~ Solid Mack. Not a great Mack but he's very solid and consistent. Literally our best Defensive player the first half of last season.

Ike Taylor ~ Horrible hands but was the catalyst for us going to the superbowl. Shutting down Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison. Again, solid cover corner, just has horrible hands. 4th rounder.

Willie Colon ~ Looked solid in his rookie season and overtook Starks at RT this season. 4th Rounder.

Willie Parker ~ UDFA who's #2 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC in rushing. Probowler last year after putting up nearly 1500 yards.

James Harrison ~ UDFA whos very undersized but has tons of power.

Going back past 1998.. 5th rounders or later:

Orpheus Roye (6th)
Carlos Emmons (7th)
Darren Perry (8th)
Justin Strzelcyzk (11th)
Carlton Haselrig (12th)
Greg Lloyd (6th)
Craig Wolfley (5th)
Tunch Ilkin (6th)
Mike Webster (5th)

M.O.T.H.
11-13-2007, 04:06 AM
QB Tony Romo UDFA
HB Marion Barber 4th RD
WR Patrick Crayton 7th RD
WR Sam Hurd UDFA (gonna have to wait on this one but, he's a stud special teamer and has great upside at receiver)
DT Jason Ferguson 7th RD (Jets)
DT Jay Ratliff 7th RD
MLB Bradie James 4th RD
CB Anthony Henry 4th RD (Browns)
K Nick Folk 6th RD
P Mat Mcbriar UDFA

I'll throw in a back up...

QB Brad Johnson 8th RD (Vikings)

7-11
11-13-2007, 05:40 AM
I'll only do starters, other wise this will be some list (5th round or lower)

RG - Jake Scott, 5th
OC - Jeff Saturday, UDFA
LG - Ryan Lilja, UDFA
LE - Robert Mathis, 5th
UT - Raheem Brock, 7th
NT - Ed Johnson, UDFA
MLB - Gary Brackett, UDFA
FS - Antoine Bethea, 6th

8 out of 22 starters from the bottom 3 rounds and beyond, thats why Bill Polian is the man

MaxV
11-13-2007, 09:11 AM
I'll only do starters, other wise this will be some list (5th round or lower)

RG - Jake Scott, 5th
OC - Jeff Saturday, UDFA
LG - Ryan Lilja, UDFA
LE - Robert Mathis, 5th
UT - Raheem Brock, 7th
NT - Ed Johnson, UDFA
MLB - Gary Brackett, UDFA
FS - Antoine Bethea, 6th

8 out of 22 starters from the bottom 3 rounds and beyond, thats why Bill Polian is the man

You missed Tyjuan Hagler, who was picked in the 5th round and is a starter now.

Bills2083
11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
What about Lorenzo Neal?

He was drafted in the 4th

7-11
11-13-2007, 05:06 PM
You missed Tyjuan Hagler, who was picked in the 5th round and is a starter now.

I was doing starters if everyone is healthy, but considering next year when Rob Morris is back (if he's even brought back) and Hagler (although Sessions may play his way into that spot?) will most likely still start i should've put him on.

And anyway if you wanted to starters as of right now, i think that number would be up to about 15

lionsfan81
11-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Corey Smith UDFA
Casey FitzSimmons UDFA
Jon Bradley UDFA
Paris Lenon UDFA
Jon Kitna UDFA

Really millen is probably one of the worst GMs at developing talent and finding late round steals and UDFAs that make an impact. We seem to find a few guys every once in awhile but they usually are nothing more than depth players. Besides FitzSimmons, all of those players were picked up by other teams as UDFAs and eventually made their way to the lions now.

Dam8610
11-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Current Colts Day 2/UDFA starters (not counting injuries):

1999 UDFA C Jeff Saturday
2001 4th round RT Ryan Diem
2002 7th round DT Raheem Brock
2003 5th round DE Robert Mathis
2003 UDFA MLB Gary Brackett
2004 5th round RG Jake Scott
2004 UDFA LG Ryan Lilja
2005 5th round SLB Tyjuan Hagler
2006 6th round S Antoine Bethea
2007 UDFA DT Ed Johnson

The Legend
11-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Donald Driver

themaninblack
11-14-2007, 06:40 PM
bengals:
TJ Houshmanzadeh- 7th Round
Chinedum Ndukwe- 7th Round been excellent as a rookie this year
Rudi Johnson-4th round
Eric Henderson-UDFA who impressed coaches a ton in camp with his switch to OLB. Unfortunately he broke his wrist and has been on IR ever since but i have a feeling this guys gonna be REALLY good. Shaun Smith(now on the browns) said hes the next adalius thomas.
Domata Peko-4th round who is an excellent athlete and is a very promising young player. one of the few bright spots on the defense right now.
Ethan Kilmer-7th RD who was a former walkon at PSU as a WR/DB. Was a special teams MONSTER last year and even intercepted Drew Brees and took it to the crib. A big reason why our normally excellent special teams has struggled greatly is because hes been hurt this whole season.
Stacy Andrews- 4th Rd Shaun Andrews' little brother who is a fantastic athlete at almost 350lbs. Still raw but has filled in brilliantly for Willie Anderson in some games this year.
Rashad Jeanty- Wasnt drafted and was signed from the CFL where he was a DE. Was moved to Linebacker and has been excellent with limited experience. Very good runstopper.