Pages : [1] 2

Sniper
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, The Game is here. Predictions?

Michigan 27
Ohio State 24

Iamcanadian
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Deoends on how healthy Hart and Henne are. If they aren't at full strength and Tressel can keep his team focused after blowing the NCG, Ohio St. should prevail.

OhioState
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
i think that we have a great week in practice and come into the game pretty pissed, so i say Ohio State 31 Michigan 21

RyanLeaf#1
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I think Ohio State murders Michigan in this game.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I want Michigan to win but I dont think they will.Now with that being said despite the fact that Carr turned the team around if he loses does he get fired?

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I honestly can't think of one good reason why Michigan would win.

Barbecue Bob
11-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Prediction:

Ohio State 45
Michigan 21

RoyHall#1
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
OSU: 38

Michigan: 13

Apriori
11-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I honestly can't think of one good reason why Michigan would win.

Hart
Henne
Long
Manningham
Arrington
It's a home game
In all likelihood it's Carr's last game against OSU
A win redeems Michigan's season
And sends Carr out with 4 Rose Bowls in 5 years
OSU's QB isn't mobile

Michigan 31
OSU 24

doingthisinsteadofwork: I'd say there's a 90% chance that Carr is out no matter what happens for the rest of the season, but Michigan would never straight-up fire him, considering what he's done for the team and how classy he is. He'll almost definitely retire.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Hart
Henne
Long
Manningham
Arrington
It's a home game
In all likelihood it's Carr's last game against OSU
A win redeems Michigan's season
And sends Carr out with 4 Rose Bowls in 5 years
OSU's QB isn't mobile

Michigan 31
OSU 24

*Ahem*

I honestly can't think of a GOOD reason. Most of those either don't make sense (what the hell does "a win redeems Michigan's season" have to do with anything? Notre Dame beating USC would have redeemed their season too, who gives a ****?) or can be countered by an even better example the other way.

Michigan has some good playmakers when healthy, but they aren't a match for the players Ohio State has on defense.

Honestly, the only two reasons I could come up with are:

1)It's at Michigan
2)It's a rivalry game

Other than that, Ohio State is better than Michigan almost up and down the board.

OregonDucks
11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I hate the buckeyes, but they are gonna murder michigan.

gstock05
11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
This is going to be a tough and close game IMO.

For anybody thinking this is the same Michigan team that played Oregon and APP state, they're flat out wrong. Their D still isn't great, but they've improved tenfold over what they were at that point in the season.

If Henne and Hart are healthy, this is going to be a tough game for OSU. Our defensive tackles at this point have not played up to their ability and they need to step their game up big time to stop hart.

P-L
11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
If Henne and Hart are healthy (and Shawn Crable decided to play like he has in the first 10 games and not like he did against Wisconsin) then Michigan has a chance. The game is at home, and they are extra motivated. The three seniors all came back with the #1 goal of beating Ohio State.

That said, I doubt Chad Henne is 100% healthy. We'll probably see Ryan Mallett get some playing time and I'll probably have an aneurysm or heart attack. Ohio State's offense matches up with our defense very well. Our corners are improved, but we don't have depth in the secondary to compete with their depth at receiver. Lloyd pulled Henne early and sat Mike Hart out against Wisconsin because he wanted them healthy for this game, so hopefully they are. However, I'm not optimistic.

Ohio State 34, Michigan 21

keylime_5
11-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Ohio State 34, Michigan 20
Chris Wells, that is all.

Chaucer
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Lloyd pulled Henne early and sat Mike Hart out against Wisconsin because he wanted them healthy for this game, so hopefully they are.

You really think Lloyd would sit Hart and Henne out for the final road game? You think Mike Hart would let Lloyd Carr sit him out? I don't think so.

Ohio State 34, Michigan 20
Chris Wells, that is all.

If Illi was able to shut him down what makes you so sure hes going to tear michigan apart?

RyanLeaf#1
11-12-2007, 01:38 PM
If I had to pick a score with a healthy Hart and Henne. I would say 41-17 Ohio State wins.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
If I had to pick a score with a healthy Hart and Henne. I would say 41-17 Ohio State wins.

Wow don't allow realism to reach you in fantasy land.

soybean
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I want Michigan to win by 1 and instead of taking a knee, henne or hart run backwards for a safety so either oregon or USC can play Ohio State and michigan knows it would've beaten ohio state.

RyanLeaf#1
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow don't allow realism to reach you in fantasy land.

If I recall when Michigan played Oregon at home Henne and Hart were healthy right?

soybean
11-12-2007, 01:43 PM
If I recall when Michigan played Oregon at home Henne and Hart were healthy right?

henne was healthy?

Sniper
11-12-2007, 01:43 PM
You really think Lloyd would sit Hart and Henne out for the final road game? You think Mike Hart would let Lloyd Carr sit him out? I don't think so.

If Illi was able to shut him down what makes you so sure hes going to tear michigan apart?

1. He did. Hart was begging Carr to get in the game, watch the tape.

2. The fact that the fabulous linebacking corps of Obi Ezeh, John Thompson and Shawn Crable is pitiful against the run is what has him thinking Wells will have a great game. I expect him to as well, but I don't expect OSU to win.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM

Yup. Oregon also runs a spread offense, something with which Michigan has struggled with since, oh I don't know, FOREVER.

RyanLeaf#1
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM
henne was healthy?

Im pretty sure he played in the Oregon game.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Im pretty sure he played in the Oregon game.

Started and got hurt. Mallett was an awesome 6-19 that game with a pass that almost broke Manningham's fingers picked off.

RyanLeaf#1
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Yup. Oregon also runs a spread offense, something with which Michigan has struggled with since, oh I don't know, FOREVER.

Well im just giving my opinion. I think this game is a blowout. Might be wrong might be right. But my money will be on Ohio State.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Well im just giving my opinion. I think this game is a blowout. Might be wrong might be right. But my money will be on Ohio State.

It's a pick em right?

Geo
11-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Ohio State 30, Michigan 20, I'll say.

Michigan makes some big passing plays down the field, but not enough to overcome turnovers and win the game.

RyanLeaf#1
11-12-2007, 01:52 PM
It's a pick em right?

Im talking about when I bet on Saturday with the line. No pickem.

P-L
11-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, Lloyd said after the game that Mike could've played but he decided to hold him out.

Chaucer
11-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, Lloyd said after the game that Mike could've played but he decided to hold him out.

I still dont believe him. He lies all the time.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I still dont believe him. He lies all the time.

What do you think means more to Hart? His final away game or one more crack at Ohio State who he's 0-3 against? Watch the tape and you will see Hart bugging Carr every time they showed him begging to play.

Chaucer
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
I dn. I still dont believe it.

Also:
Carr is retiring next week. 90% official.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I dn. I still dont believe it.

Also:
Carr is retiring next week. 90% official.

In other shocking news, Jessica Alba is hot.

Chaucer
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM
In other shocking news, Jessica Alba is hot.Ok. Im sorry to report things that haven't been reported yet. He is going to hold a press conference next week and people in the athletic department are being notified. I don't see any other post outside of speculation....

Way to be naive.

neko4
11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
What are all the bowl implications? Winner to the Rose?
I hope Hart plays well no matter who wins.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
What are all the bowl implications? Winner to the Rose?
I hope Hart plays well no matter who wins.

Winner to the Rose, I think loser to the Capital One bowl. Hart's gonna rip these fools apart. Run right at Gholston, which should be where Long is, and he'll get some yards.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Ok. Im sorry to report things that haven't been reported yet. He is going to hold a press conference next week and people in the athletic department are being notified. I don't see any other post outside of speculation....

Way to be naive.

It's been heavily rumored since even before the season started.

Chaucer
11-12-2007, 02:27 PM
It's been heavily rumored since even before the season started.

That he is having a press conference to retire next week? Interesting.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
That he is having a press conference to retire next week? Interesting.

That's he's retiring at the end of the season.

Chaucer
11-12-2007, 02:34 PM
That's he's retiring at the end of the season.

Ok. Im sorry ill never report the news again when its been a rumor.

Since Les Miles has been rumored to be Michigan coach hes going to be then right? And when he does become we dont need to report it? Because it was rumored?

draftguru151
11-12-2007, 02:46 PM
There should be some great individual match ups. Long vs Gholston, Jenkins vs Manningham/Arrington and Hart/Laurinaitis (kinda).

As for the game, I see no reason for Michigan to win this game. I'm guessing around 31-20

CC
11-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Are Robiskie and Jenkins being disciplined for the fight at the end of the Illinois game, unlikely at OSU, but would make a huge difference.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Are Robiskie and Jenkins being disciplined for the fight at the end of the Illinois game, unlikely at OSU, but would make a huge difference.

Under OSU's strict discipline code of conduct, they might miss warmups.

gstock05
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM

What Illinois did was pretty classless, and being at the game, I really dont blame them for going in there and pushing the illini off our midfield logo.

And since when is OSU lax on disciplining players?

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
What Illinois did was pretty classless, and being at the game, I really dont blame them for going in there and pushing the illini off our midfield logo.

And since when is OSU lax on disciplining players?

OSU's never been known for exactly having the most disciplined players. Troy Smith was suspended for the Oklahoma State bowl game and some other garbage game at the beginning of the next year and magically fought his way out of JT's doghouse for the big Texas game, for one.

OhioState
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
OSU's never been known for exactly having the most disciplined players. Troy Smith was suspended for the Oklahoma State bowl game and some other garbage game at the beginning of the next year and magically fought his way out of JT's doghouse for the big Texas game, for one.

whoa, he did not start that Texas game. He and Zwick switched all game, one of the key reasons we lost that game

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
whoa, he did not start that Texas game. He and Zwick switched all game, one of the key reasons we lost that game

Convenient how he just happened to be allowed into the game when the Buckeyes were down.

OhioState
11-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Convenient how he just happened to be allowed into the game when the Buckeyes were down.

but still, his not starting likely cost us the game and i would argue that that is a good enough penalty

soily
11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Always fun to see who the worst team in the BCS will be. OSU or Michigan= the team nobody wants in their bowl game

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Always fun to see who the worst team in the BCS will be. OSU or Michigan= the team nobody wants in their bowl game

Who is your team anyway?

I really hope Mallett doesn't play.....

soily
11-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Who is your team anyway?

I really hope Mallett doesn't play.....

It doesn't matter who my team is. Doesn;'t change the fact that the Big 10 is the most pitiful BCS conference there is.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
It doesn't matter who my team is. Doesn;'t change the fact that the Big 10 is the most pitiful BCS conference there is.

Big East and ACC are both worse....Convenient how you leave out your team.

Michigan
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
If Henne can play at 80%+:
Michigan 27
Ohio State 20

If Mallett sees significant time:
=(

11-12-2007, 04:01 PM
If Henne can play at 80%+:
Michigan 27
Ohio State 20

If Mallett sees significant time:
Michigan 14
Ohio State 28

i think michigan will be overmatched either way but having henne in there would make things a lot more interesting for sure

P-L
11-12-2007, 04:08 PM

You're right it really doesn't matter. However, the fact that this is at least the second time on this forum you've refused to say who you root for, it probably means your team is crappy. Why else would you hide the fact if you rooted for a good team?

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah nobody in the BCS wants Ohio State and Michigan, two of the largest and highest grossing programs in the nation.

Do you actually think before you **** your thoughts at everyone else or were you raised by wolves?

Geo
11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
A well-deserved patented-bf51 rip imo.

I'd like to see Ohio State in the Rose Bowl ... granted, Illinois is the most exciting team in the conference with their young playmakers. But Ohio State or even Michigan aren't duds.

afftbl10
11-12-2007, 04:40 PM
michigan wins big no doubt. there is no way this ohio state team can get away with a big ten title. michigan is way to talented to let this one get away from them. carr's job is on the line regardless of bowl outcome.

OhioState
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
michigan wins big no doubt. there is no way this ohio state team can get away with a big ten title. michigan is way to talented to let this one get away from them. carr's job is on the line regardless of bowl outcome.

i just need to ask, are you fricken kidding me?

keylime_5
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM

They didn't shut him down. He had a TD on his first carry of the game, got hurt later on and was very limited then only getting a couple short yards on his next series of carries......then they had Mo Wells in a long time.....then Beanie came back in and was unstoppable. Did you watch the game? Stats don't tell the story.

Plus I think J Leman, Antonio Steele, Britt the Hit, Chris Norwell and that very good and fast Illini defense are a little better than Michigan's run stoppers. Plus, it's Jim Tressel vs Michigan, when have we not ran the ball on you guys?

BrownsTown
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
i just need to ask, are you fricken kidding me?

He has to be, either that or just really, really, really stupid. Considering he said no way they can let OSU get away with a big 10 title, considering Michigan lost to App. State it would probably be the other way around.

But I swore off predicting this game a long time ago. In a rivalry this big if you predict it right, it's just luck.

keylime_5
11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah nobody in the BCS wants Ohio State and Michigan, two of the largest and highest grossing programs in the nation.

Do you actually think before you **** your thoughts at everyone else or were you raised by wolves?

Ohio State has only lost 1 BCS bowl under Tressel, and that was the NC vs Florida last year. He's been pretty dominant in the other BCS games, not to mention he made the bowl people very very rich with the OSU crowd we drew. The only people who don't want Ohio STate in their BCS Bowl are the other team we're gonna play.

yo123
11-12-2007, 07:57 PM

If Michigan wins by more than 10 points I will wear a Michigan sig for a month.

soily
11-12-2007, 09:01 PM
You're right it really doesn't matter. However, the fact that this is at least the second time on this forum you've refused to say who you root for, it probably means your team is crappy. Why else would you hide the fact if you rooted for a good team?

LOL, you act like rooting for a good team somehow makes you a good fan. I could root for Ball State and it wouldn't make me a bad fan or my opinion less valid.

soily
11-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Big East and ACC are both worse....Convenient how you leave out your team.

Boston College, Va Tech, WVU, would kill Michigan.

soily
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM

A good game is far more important than grossing income. See Boise State. LOL, at your dumba*s bragging about grossing income over your teams talent!

OhioState
11-12-2007, 09:07 PM
A good game is far more important than grossing income. See Boise State. LOL, at your dumba*s bragging about grossing income over your teams talent!

Boise was guaranteed a BCS bid under the rules

soily
11-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Boise was guaranteed a BCS bid under the rules

Yeah, I know. What's your point?

neko4
11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Boston College, Va Tech, WVU, would kill Michigan.
Haha what?
Maybe Tech and WVU(only because of scheme, but I believe Michigan has seen it twice this year so who knows), but certainly not BC

BrownsTown
11-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Isn't he a Minnesota fan? He's not really talking about his team's talent.

It's your opinion that the Big 10 is so awful and would lose to those teams. There's no way to prove it, so why do you need to keep saying it? Noone's gonna be proved wrong or right except if they make the same bowl, no reason to argue about it.

OhioState
11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I know. What's your point?

your post implied that you thought Boise made a BCS bowl because they were more talented than say, Wisconson last year

soily
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
your post implied that you thought Boise made a BCS bowl because they were more talented than say, Wisconson last year

Sorry, not responsible for the things you may imply.

bustabinary
11-12-2007, 09:26 PM
If Henne is healthy, I'm thinking Michigan will win this one. I would bet on it. Even if Mallet is starting, I'm still pulling for Michigan to win. **** the Buckeyes.

P-L
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
If Mallett plays anymore than 1 quarter, we'll lose by at least three TD's.

soily
11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
If Mallett plays anymore than 1 quarter, we'll lose by at least three TD's.

You'll lose by three TD's with Tom Brady at QB. Your defense blows.

soybean
11-12-2007, 09:42 PM
You'll lose by three TD's with Tom Brady at QB. Your defense blows.

HAHHAHA.

i know you're getting on some people's nerves but that was pretty funny. :D

gstock05
11-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Ignore Soily, just a troll. No WAY would VT or BC beat Michigan. I would say WVU would be a close game however. Michigan = match up with any team without a mobile quarterback. Throw in a spread option and it's a bit different however.

Honestly, after watching the last few games, I think people are going to be in for a rude awakening for big 10 bowl season. I not only think we'll fair well, I would take Wisconsin, Illinois, and Ohio State against whoever they match up against this year.

Penn State 50/50 and Michigan will probably lose since they always lose bowl games. (but who knows with hart and henne healthy and in their final seasons with carr retiring).

soybean
11-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Ignore Soily, just a troll. No WAY would VT or BC beat Michigan. I would say WVU would be a close game however. Michigan = match up with any team without a mobile quarterback. Throw in a spread option and it's a bit different however.

Honestly, after watching the last few games, I think people are going to be in for a rude awakening for big 10 bowl season. I not only think we'll fair well, I would take Wisconsin, Illinois, and Ohio State against whoever they match up against this year.

Penn State 50/50 and Michigan will probably lose since they always lose bowl games. (but who knows with hart and henne healthy and in their final seasons with carr retiring).

haha ok. You do realize that there's a good chance ohio state is gonna be playing oregon/usc right?

gstock05
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
haha ok. You do realize that there's a good chance ohio state is gonna be playing oregon/usc right?

No I'm completely oblivious. We have 0 chance playing against Mighty USC... (who can barely squeak by washington and stanford)...

I'd be afraid of Oregon, but they're likely going to be in the championship game.

soybean
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
No I'm completely oblivious. We have 0 chance playing against Mighty USC... (who can barely squeak by washington and stanford)...

I'd be afraid of Oregon, but they're likely going to be in the championship game.

you make it seem like whoever wisconsin illinois and ohio state play they'll win regardless of their opponent. Yet you fail to mention how the bottom barrel state of washington gave a couple of your big dawgs a run for their money.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
My team? I don't have a team.

And no...the BCS committee is about making money, not about fielding a good game. If you haven't figured that out by now I suggest concentrate on something less complicated like painting by number.

BrownsTown
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
you make it seem like whoever wisconsin illinois and ohio state play they'll win regardless of their opponent. Yet you fail to mention how the bottom barrel state of washington gave a couple of your big dawgs a run for their money.

And gave USC an equally strong run for their money...

Seriously, OSU would be the favorite in that game. 3 straight years of OSU vs. USC would be pretty cool. If they face Oregon they'll lose.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 11:01 PM
And gave USC an equally strong run for their money...

Seriously, OSU would be the favorite in that game. 3 straight years of OSU vs. USC would be pretty cool. If they face Oregon they'll lose.

Vince's face is so intense in your sig.

We on for that sig bet?

BrownsTown
11-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Vince's face is so intense in your sig.

We on for that sig bet?

Sure. When OSU wins I'll whip up a doozy ;)

And he's thinking hard. Or just thinking. I can't really tell.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Sure. When OSU wins I'll whip up a doozy ;)

And he's thinking hard. Or just thinking. I can't really tell.

I can't wait for Hart to shred your D to pieces....

Some good pics of OSU alums...

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050226/050226_clarett_vlg_5p.widec.jpg

Must........get.......donuts

http://itstillnews.com/Articles/March07/Images/Clarett%20car.jpg

What an OSU education will get you...

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/david_boston.jpg

Completely natural....

http://www.the-ozone.net/03images/football/Big33/images/IMG_6566.jpg

Another class act....

It's Ohio State, so I know there's more, but there's a little warm-up.

Disclaimer: Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's OSU/UM week and should be expected as I expect them from the OSU fans around here.

OhioState
11-13-2007, 09:22 AM
I can't wait for Hart to shred your D to pieces....

Some good pics of OSU alums...

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050226/050226_clarett_vlg_5p.widec.jpg

Must........get.......donuts

http://itstillnews.com/Articles/March07/Images/Clarett%20car.jpg

What an OSU education will get you...

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/david_boston.jpg

Completely natural....

http://www.the-ozone.net/03images/football/Big33/images/IMG_6566.jpg

Another class act....

It's Ohio State, so I know there's more, but there's a little warm-up.

Disclaimer: Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's OSU/UM week and should be expected as I expect them from the OSU fans around here.

okay althought that is pretty funny, Maurice is not an alum, he only went here one year and i'm not sure about the others

Sniper
11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
okay althought that is pretty funny, Maurice is not an alum, he only went here one year and i'm not sure about the others

I'm just messin' with you anyway. I should have specified: Players who played for Ohio State but were complete imbeciles...but then again, I'd be putting up lots of pics ;)

Mike Hart is coming for you, James Laurinoverrated.

OhioState
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm just messin' with you anyway. I should have specified: Players who played for Ohio State but were complete imbeciles...but then again, I'd be putting up lots of pics ;)

Mike Hart is coming for you, James Laurinoverrated.

man, i'm ready to go. We'll see who's overrated when Jimmy has 20 takles 2 picks and 3 sacks

Sniper
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
man, i'm ready to go. We'll see who's overrated when Jimmy has 20 takles 2 picks and 3 sacks

Let me know when you wake up from your dream bud ;) What's the deal with those thugs Jenkins and Robiskie? (I don't actually think they're thugs)

TH3
11-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Oregon fans should be pulling hard for Michigan

Apriori
11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Oregon fans should be pulling hard for Michigan

Michigan fans are happy to return the favor because we definitely don't want to be playing Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2007, 03:38 PM
I haven't read this thread yet, but despite my quarter being very busy, I am still fairly sure I am the only major NFLDC member who attends Ohio State and one of the biggest (though one of the few realist,) fans on here.

Are there any bets being done for this game? I think it would be good for the two biggest fans of each team to go toe to toe.

Sniper
11-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I haven't read this thread yet, but despite my quarter being very busy, I am still fairly sure I am the only major NFLDC member who attends Ohio State and one of the biggest (though one of the few realist,) fans on here.

Are there any bets being done for this game? I think it would be good for the two biggest fans of each team to go toe to toe.

Yeah BrownsTown and I have a sig bet going.

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah BrownsTown and I have a sig bet going.

Good good, but only a sig bet? This is the biggest rivalry in sports!

draftguru151
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I demand a OSU or Michigan fan leave this board!

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I vote all Ohio State fans excluding Brownstown and myself.

draftguru151
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
How about JBond and Brownstain stay if OSU wins and if Michigan wins all the Michigan fans and all the other OSU fans stay?

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
How about JBond and Brownstain stay if OSU wins and if Michigan wins all the Michigan fans and all the other OSU fans stay?

I like it!

ironman4579
11-13-2007, 05:42 PM

You can go to hell DG! But I'll be hopeful hear and say Michigan 31-OSU 24. I'm going to get specific. Mike Hart rushes for around 150 and 2 TD's. Henne throws 2 TD's, one to Manningham, one to Arrington. Mallett has a fumble, an INT, and holds onto the ball for 5 hours so he gets sacked at least 2 times. Crable has 7 tackles, 3.5 TFL's, 1.5 sacks. Yes, I'm hopeless. I always think Michigan will beat OSU. What's the difference between an OSU graduate and a homeless guy? a shower, 50 bucks, and there's no way the homeless guy is burning a couch.

BrownsTown
11-13-2007, 05:47 PM
What's the difference between a Michigan fan and a pile of dog ****? The Michigan fan is bigger. Just joking, don't take it seriously

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
You can go to hell DG! But I'll be hopeful hear and say Michigan 31-OSU 24. I'm going to get specific. Mike Hart rushes for around 150 and 2 TD's. Henne throws 2 TD's, one to Manningham, one to Arrington. Mallett has a fumble, an INT, and holds onto the ball for 5 hours so he gets sacked at least 2 times. Crable has 7 tackles, 3.5 TFL's, 1.5 sacks. Yes, I'm hopeless. I always think Michigan will beat OSU. What's the difference between an OSU graduate and a homeless guy? a shower, 50 bucks, and there's no way the homeless guy is burning a couch.

I think ironman is accepting that bet.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Why do birds fly upside down over Michigan?

Cause Michigan ain't worth a ****.

ironman4579
11-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I think ironman is accepting that bet.

I'll tell you what. If Michigan loses I will leave the site for the rest of the day to cry like a little girl who's puppy pulled the bow out of her hair and then got hit by a truck.

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll tell you what. If Michigan loses I will leave the site for the rest of the day to cry like a little girl who's puppy pulled the bow out of her hair and then got hit by a truck.

The only problem is that you'd do that if Michigan WINS.

thebow305
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
I give OSU the slight advantage.. again.

The recievers will have a big game, Michigan's pass defense is not very good, and unless Hart has a huge game, a Heisman-worthy game, Ohio State should win convincingly.

gstock05
11-13-2007, 06:53 PM
I go to OSU Jbond. I'm a junior.

I think i'm pretty grounded, although obviously a bit biased.

Chaucer
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I give OSU the slight advantage.. again.

The recievers will have a big game, Michigan's pass defense is not very good, and unless Hart has a huge game, a Heisman-worthy game, Ohio State should win convincingly.Michigan actually has a pretty good pass defense...

ironman4579
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
The only problem is that you'd do that if Michigan WINS.

Right, but then I'd be crying like a little girl who just got the puppy with the bow in it's hair, plus a pony, and got her braces off.

Shane P. Hallam
11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
I go to OSU Jbond. I'm a junior.

I think i'm pretty grounded, although obviously a bit biased.

Where do you live?

Sniper
11-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Michigan actually has a pretty good pass defense...

You're right, Michigan's pass defense is ranked 17th in the country. Only the following have gotten 100 yard games...

WR Paul Hubbard, Wisconsin 7 catches, 134 yards, 0 TD
TE Travis Beckum, Wisconsin 6 catches, 106 yards, 1 TD

And that was essentially a "who gives a ****" game. They've only allowed two receivers to go for 100+ all year.

Scarface
11-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Michigan is horrible. OSU will destroy them and every single team will lose so ohio state goes back to the national championship

Sniper
11-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Michigan is horrible. OSU will destroy them and every single team will lose so ohio state goes back to the national championship

Thanks for explaining your amazing insight.

keylime_5
11-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Michigan actually has a pretty good pass defense...

And coming into last year's game Michigan had like the "best defense in the country" and a terrorizing front seven and a good pass defense. We lit them up, even on the ground...and Ohio State had the #1 scoring defense coming into last year's matchup, yet gave up like 39 points in that game. I can almost guarantee you that Michigan will not stop the pass this weekend - their pass defense is ranked high but it is not good (ask App State and Oregon), but I won't guarantee a win by the Bucks, couldn't ever guarantee a win in this rivalry by the road team. But we will win, Chris Wells.

Apriori
11-14-2007, 09:53 AM
And coming into last year's game Michigan had like the "best defense in the country" and a terrorizing front seven and a good pass defense. We lit them up, even on the ground...and Ohio State had the #1 scoring defense coming into last year's matchup, yet gave up like 39 points in that game. I can almost guarantee you that Michigan will not stop the pass this weekend - their pass defense is ranked high but it is not good (ask App State and Oregon), but I won't guarantee a win by the Bucks, couldn't ever guarantee a win in this rivalry by the road team. But we will win, Chris Wells.

Appalachian State and Oregon, who run the spread offense with mobile quarterbacks?

Sniper
11-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Appalachian State and Oregon, who run the spread offense with mobile quarterbacks?

Yes, the same. Um, Ap, how many games have we lost this year against big, slow QBs? I could have sworn it was 0, could you double check that for me? ;)

keylime_5
11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
I never said anything about mobile QBs, but I think those WRs were open deep on those big plays not only b/c the defense had to contain the running QB. it's not like Todd can't run anyways, he supposedly can run around a 4.6 or 4.7 even though he is quite the opposite of an elusive runner.

RyanLeaf#1
11-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, the same. Um, Ap, how many games have we lost this year against big, slow QBs? I could have sworn it was 0, could you double check that for me? ;)

Tyler Donovan sucks and Michigan lost to him.

Sniper
11-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Tyler Donovan sucks and Michigan lost to him.

Tyler Donovan is also mobile.

RyanLeaf#1
11-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Tyler Donovan is also mobile.

Hes nowhere near as mobile as Dixon or Edwards. I still cant believe Michigan lost to Wisconsin.

Sniper
11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Hes nowhere near as mobile as Dixon or Edwards. I still cant believe Michigan lost to Wisconsin.

It's not that hard to believe that they lost considering the fact that Henne and Hart were held out and Wisconsin got some gimme calls (Crable's second personal was absolute garbage).

Donovan may not be Dixon or Edwards, but he's still mobile.

Shane P. Hallam
11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
It's not that hard to believe that they lost considering the fact that Henne and Hart were held out and Wisconsin got some gimme calls (Crable's second personal was absolute garbage).

Donovan may not be Dixon or Edwards, but he's still mobile.

Boeckman can run around a little bit. He's no Dennis Dixon, but you have to watch him. When we spread the ball out against Illinois, they gave him lanes and he took them. Be careful...

diabsoule
11-14-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't like either team but Ohio State wins this game.

ironman4579
11-14-2007, 06:23 PM
So does it seem like soily=huskernation to anyone else? How else to explain the unnatural hatred of Michigan. Yes, unnatural, because how can anyone really hate Michigan? I know you OSU fans claim to and all, but deep down you secretly love U of M. It's kind of like you guys are secretly ***. You want to shout it to the rooftops how much you love Michigan, but you have to hide your love. You secretly long to wrap yourself in that Michigan blanket you saw at the sporting goods store. And then have sex with it. Perverts.

gstock05
11-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Where do you live?

West Paterson ave.

Sniper
11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
So does it seem like soily=huskernation to anyone else? How else to explain the unnatural hatred of Michigan. Yes, unnatural, because how can anyone really hate Michigan? I know you OSU fans claim to and all, but deep down you secretly love U of M. It's kind of like you guys are secretly ***. You want to shout it to the rooftops how much you love Michigan, but you have to hide your love. You secretly long to wrap yourself in that Michigan blanket you saw at the sporting goods store. And then have sex with it. Perverts.

Hahaha yeah I forgot about Huskernation. Had some epic battles with that clown. It would also make sense if it were because he's refused to say who his team is, and Nebraska blows this year.That post made me laugh my ass off, and I got the ol' "You must spread some rep" comment.

Chaucer
11-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Interesting.

UT tied for second in forcible sex offenses, including rapes, with 16 in 2006. While this number may seem high, Ohio State University more than tripled the number with 53 in 2006

P-L
11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Hahaha yeah I forgot about Huskernation. Had some epic battles with that clown. It would also make sense if it were because he's refused to say who his team is, and Nebraska blows this year.That post made me laugh my ass off, and I got the ol' "You must spread some rep" comment.
Yep. I'm 99.9% sure he was HuskerNation and that's part of the reason he's gone.

Shane P. Hallam
11-14-2007, 10:03 PM
West Paterson ave.

Where did you live your first year?

As for loving Michigan, no. No, no. No, no, no, no, no.

Sniper
11-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Yep. I'm 99.9% sure he was HuskerNation and that's part of the reason he's gone.

Oh he got perma-banned?

Orange and Black
11-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I have a feeling Henne will not be playing in the 2nd half. Hart is the wildcard because Mich. can win the game with a 100% Hart, but I have a feeling he will suffer another tweak to his bum ankle and not be able to go a full 4 quarters.

OSU: 23
UM: 16

BTW: A good friend of mine played golf with a former starting OSU QB right before the season started and the former OSU guy said that a couple UM guys he knows said that Lloyd has Parkinsons & is stepping down. I know it's old news, but I'm really interested because of who said it. We'll see.......

ironman4579
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Where did you live your first year?

As for loving Michigan, no. No, no. No, no, no, no, no.

You say no, but your heart? Your heart whispers "Michigan."

Sniper
11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
You say no, but your heart? Your heart whispers "Michigan."

You smell that? That's the smell of desire, my lady.

ironman4579
11-15-2007, 01:16 PM
You smell that? That's the smell of desire, my lady.

Desire, and hot blanket love.

BrownsTown
11-15-2007, 02:11 PM
I would take Michigan's mother out for a nice seafood dinner, and never call her again.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I would take Michigan's mother out for a nice seafood dinner, and never call her again.

DOROTHY MANTOOTH IS A SAINT!

By the way, how long does the loser of our bet need to rock the sig for?

BrownsTown
11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
DOROTHY MANTOOTH IS A SAINT!

By the way, how long does the loser of our bet need to rock the sig for?

Until after the NC is played. I was thinking a month originally, but that's too short.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Until after the NC is played. I was thinking a month originally, but that's too short.

That's a long time man.....:) Especially with the Big 10 schedule

BrownsTown
11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
That's a long time man.....:) Especially with the Big 10 schedule

Yes, I know. Thankfully I can have an OSU avatar if OSU's team bus crashes and they have to forfeit. Otherwise your sig will be a doozy.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes, I know. Thankfully I can have an OSU avatar if OSU's team bus crashes and they have to forfeit. Otherwise your sig will be a doozy.

Yeah I like my sig too. Jakey did a good job on it. ;)

Don't worry, after Mike Hart scores 4 TD and rushes for 160, he'll be included in the sig;)

RyanLeaf#1
11-15-2007, 02:41 PM
The line is Ohio State -4.5.... I like TOSU

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:42 PM
The line is Ohio State -4.5.... I like TOSU

I wouldn't bet this game either way. This is arguably one of the most unpredictable games to pick every year

Shane P. Hallam
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, in my pick'em, I'm not sure, I think I may go with OSU. I've picked against OSU plenty of times, including last week. This week, I can't though.

P-L
11-15-2007, 04:18 PM
If I were forced to put money on it, I'd take OSU. But I wouldn't ever willingly bet a large sum of money on this game.

YAYareaRB
11-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Anyone catch the HBO Special "Ohio St. vs Michigan"? I didn't realize how much the two teams hate eachother.

Xonraider
11-15-2007, 05:00 PM
So... I just heard we won't have Mike Hart... he is like literally the ''heart'' of our offense.. so we're screwed... I guess...

Xiomera
11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
So... I just heard we won't have Mike Hart... he is like literally the ''heart'' of our offense.. so we're screwed... I guess...

Where did you hear that? Link?

I find it extremely odd that Mike Hart was able to play against MSU in the first half . . . he must have really re-injured his ankle . . . if he wants to play this week, would Lloyd really stand in his way? He would surely heal before the bowl game right?

P-L
11-15-2007, 05:14 PM
If mgoblog hasn't reported it, then it's not confirmed.

ironman4579
11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
If Mike didn't play, I would completely change my prediction. Unless I see it somewhere reliable, I won't believe it until it happens. I find it hard to believe that we would know Mike wasn't playing this early, when for the other games we didn't know until pre game warmups that Mike wasn't playing. I'd like to see a link.

Xonraider
11-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Where did you hear that? Link?

I find it extremely odd that Mike Hart was able to play against MSU in the first half . . . he must have really re-injured his ankle . . . if he wants to play this week, would Lloyd really stand in his way? He would surely heal before the bowl game right?

Well, on the ESPN College FB thing under spotlight - OSU/UM it says: Without Mike Hart in the offensive backfield it'll be up to Mario Manningham to carry the offensive load against Ohio...

I guess that might be a speculation... I don't really know.

ironman4579
11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, on the ESPN College FB thing under spotlight - OSU/UM it says: Without Mike Hart in the offensive backfield it'll be up to Mario Manningham to carry the offensive load against Ohio...

I guess that might be a speculation... I don't really know.

Of course that's coming from Scouts inc., not exactly the most reliable source of information or the most respected guys out there. And in the actual story, they say that Carr said Mike was questionable for Saturday. I also read something else where Lloyd said that he can't see the offense taking the field against OSU without Henne and Hart. I guess we'll see, but I think even if Mike's hurting he'll still be in there

P-L
11-15-2007, 06:50 PM
If Mike Hart has a pulse, he'll be playing this Saturday.

Xiomera
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
If Mike Hart has a pulse, he'll be playing this Saturday.

Yeah, pretty much.

We can probably expect to see Mallett at some point on Saturday though.

ironman4579
11-16-2007, 09:58 AM
So do you guys think we should confine our gameday talk to this thread or what? I kind of do, since you know there's alot of us.

Geo
11-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Who do you think is more likely to let his team lose two games in a row: Jim Tressel or Lloyd Carr?

Ponder that for a bit.

Chaucer
11-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Who do you think is more likely to let his team lose two games in a row: Jim Tressel or Lloyd Carr?

Ponder that for a bit.I thought about it for a good 3 mins. And I have come to the concussion that Lloyd Carr is. Anyway, whats your point? idiot...

Sniper
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM

Ponder that for a bit.

I forgot teams need permission from their coach to lose....my bad..

Completely irrelevant question

Shane P. Hallam
11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I forgot teams need permission from their coach to lose....my bad..

Completely irrelevant question

I mean, you can think about coaching in general and the implications.

I think we can talk in here about the game. I likely will be chilling in the lobby, but I may bring my laptop down too and post with you guys if lots of people will be around.

LonghornsLegend
11-16-2007, 02:37 PM
For some reason, I think Mike Hart will be the difference maker, he has more heart then anyone in college football I believe, and I doubt tOSU will be able 2 find an answer for him IMHO...of course Michigan has 2 play some defense, and im not sure how healthy Hart is but this game is the reason he came back for his senior season, as hard as he has been running all year dont think it will be any different this game

P-L
11-16-2007, 03:38 PM
In 2004, the 9-1 Michigan Wolverines traveled to Columbus to play the 6-4 Ohio State Buckeyes. Although Michigan was starting a QB with only 10 previous starts under his belt, Vegas had Michigan as 6.5 point favorites.

Ohio State won, 37-21.

soybean
11-16-2007, 03:42 PM
doesn't it suck to know that if Dixon gets healthy, the winner has to play Oregon?

P-L
11-16-2007, 03:57 PM
doesn't it suck to know that if Dixon gets healthy, the winner has to play Oregon?
Are you assuming the USC beats Arizona State? http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Shane P. Hallam
11-16-2007, 05:18 PM
And assuming that Ohio State doesn't go to the National Championship? Oh yeah!

Turtlepower
11-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Are you assuming the USC beats Arizona State? http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

So would would you guys prefer to play, ASU or Oregon?

Well, I know who Michigan would rather play. =D

bearsfan_51
11-16-2007, 05:26 PM
In 2004, the 9-1 Michigan Wolverines traveled to Columbus to play the 6-4 Ohio State Buckeyes. Although Michigan was starting a QB with only 10 previous starts under his belt, Vegas had Michigan as 6.5 point favorites.

Ohio State won, 37-21.
Neat.

Michigan is still going to lose.

keylime_5
11-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Ohio State won, 37-21.

The moral of this story is that Tressel beats Michigan even when he's a big underdog like in 2001 and 2004, not that Michigan is playing role reversal - it doesn't work like that.

You see, you should look at 2004 like this: Michigan lost even though they were big ten champs and supposed to win, not like this: Ohio State was in the same situation 3 years ago and won. Not the same when we are 5-1 against Michigan with Tressel.

Turtlepower
11-16-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm sorry Ohio State fans, but as an ASU fan I have to root for Michigan. OSU dropping out still leaves the slight (very slight) possibility that ASU can still make it to the National Championship game. Good luck to both teams, but lets go Wolverines!!!! =D

P-L
11-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Neat.

Michigan is still going to lose.
When did I say they were going to win?

Shane P. Hallam
11-16-2007, 05:33 PM
So would would you guys prefer to play, ASU or Oregon?

Well, I know who Michigan would rather play. =D

No brainer, ASU, Oregon would jack either of us up :P

BrownsTown
11-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Isn't it scary to think that if LSU loses the SEC Championship game and WV loses against Pitt or Cinci, both very possible, OSU makes the NC?

Turtlepower
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Isn't it scary to think that if LSU loses the SEC Championship game and WV loses against Pitt or Cinci, both very possible, OSU makes the NC?

I know this is completely off the topic of the thread, but if ASU wins out, how can OSU be in the NC over them? It's close, but I think that ASU would have played tougher competition to qualify.

BrownsTown
11-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I know this is completely off the topic of the thread, but if ASU wins out, how can OSU be in the NC over them? It's close, but I think that ASU would have played tougher competition to qualify.

Because OSU is ahead of them right now, both have had cake schedules, and both have a game left against a team that's ranked. And OSU is also a bigger team in the media. The difference between them is actually the same as between OSU and WV, and I don't see OSU jumping WV anytime soon if they win out.

P-L
11-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Not the same when we are 5-1 against Michigan with Tressel.
Tressel is 2-1 against Michigan in Ann Arbor. In his second win against Michigan, he won by 4 points and Michigan fielded it's worst team in 37 years. Michigan has always played well against Ohio State in Ann Arbor, even with Tressell as coach. Tressell's two wins in Ann Arbor are by a combined 10 points. Michigan cannot beat Tressell in Columbus, but Michigan ALWAYS plays well against Ohio State at home, regardless of who is coach.

Sniper
11-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Because OSU is ahead of them right now, both have had cake schedules, and both have a game left against a team that's ranked. And OSU is also a bigger team in the media. The difference between them is actually the same as between OSU and WV, and I don't see OSU jumping WV anytime soon if they win out.

That's all well and good, but OSU's losing this weekend, which makes the point moot.

Chaucer
11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
31-17 tOSU is my final prediction for now.

I seriously don't believe Michigan has a chance, but maybe if Chris Wells breaks his leg or Debord inserts the Randy Ratio for Manningham.

P-L
11-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Desmond Howard says that Mike Hart told him that he will play today. He also expects Chad Henne to play. Not surprising.

keylime_5
11-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Tressel is 2-1 against Michigan in Ann Arbor. In his second win against Michigan, he won by 4 points and Michigan fielded it's worst team in 37 years. Michigan has always played well against Ohio State in Ann Arbor, even with Tressell as coach. Tressell's two wins in Ann Arbor are by a combined 10 points. Michigan cannot beat Tressell in Columbus, but Michigan ALWAYS plays well against Ohio State at home, regardless of who is coach.

Save 2004, Michigan has played well against Tressel every time, but they still lost. I don't think it'll be a huge margin of victory like some are saying, but we have been incredible on the road this year for the most part.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Save 2004, Michigan has played well against Tressel every time, but they still lost. I don't think it'll be a huge margin of victory like some are saying, but we have been incredible on the road this year for the most part.

You haven't played anyone good on the road.

Xiomera
11-17-2007, 09:48 AM
My prediction:

Michigan 20
Ohio State 17

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 09:49 AM
My prediction:

Michigan 20
Ohio State 17

Ohio State 31

Michigan 27

P-L
11-17-2007, 09:51 AM

We'll, see. I still think Ohio State wins, but I will be shocked if Michigan gets blown out. I'll never say never, because anything can happen in this rivalry. However, I'll be stunned if Michigan loses by 24, like some suggested.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Michigan 27
Ohio State 24

Xiomera
11-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Ohio State 31

Michigan 27

I think this will be a low scoring game.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 09:56 AM

You never know, I thought last year would be low scoring too. You never know what either side has in store for the other.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 10:07 AM

I noticed, but Hart is a beast, he will score. Analyzing some of the match-ups of OSU vs. UM defense, we match up very well. High scoring IMO.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 10:10 AM
I noticed, but Hart is a beast, he will score. Analyzing some of the match-ups of OSU vs. UM defense, we match up very well. High scoring IMO.

And if we make Laurinaitis a non-factor again this year, I like our odds. Gholston will get swallowed up in the run game by Long, and even if Manningham and Jenkins "draw", Arrington can take advantage of Washington.
Hey Lloyd's 9-1 against top 10 teams at Michigan Stadium. Here's to making it 10-1

draftguru151
11-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I wonder how much Jenkins will be on Manningham today. He played a majority of the Illinois game at safety but that is because of the spread. I really hope they leave him on Manningham all day, unless he's playing over the top of Manningham at safety, I don't see how having another CB on Manningham and him at safety would be any type of advantage.

P-L
11-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Gholston will get swallowed up in the run game by Long
OSU will be lining Gholston up against Schilling for most of the game.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
OSU will be lining Gholston up against Schilling for most of the game.

Yup, we're moving Gholston over on Schilling's side for passing downs at least, if not the whole game. And they are gonna put Jenkins at safety and CB, on Manningham a lot, but don't be surprised to see Chekwa on him too.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm in my residence hall lobby on campus, we have three TVs, stadium seating, wings, soft pretzels, and an autographed picture of Jim Tressel to give away...

Xiomera
11-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm in my residence hall lobby on campus, we have three TVs, stadium seating, wings, soft pretzels, and an autographed picture of Jim Tressel to give away...

What a shame it'll be when you lose.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Oh yes, the trash talk has begun.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 10:43 AM
What a shame it'll be when you lose.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Oh yes, the trash talk has begun.

No trash talk needed. Two words: Appalachian State

RyanLeaf#1
11-17-2007, 10:44 AM
My final score prediction: Ohio State 31 Michigan 17

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Where is everyone? I thought we'd be hopping pregame with predicitions and all that.

RyanLeaf#1
11-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Where is everyone? I thought we'd be hopping pregame with predicitions and all that.

Everyone is on the phone with their bookies betting Ohio State.

P-L
11-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Ohio State 31, Michigan 24 is my final prediction.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 11:02 AM

Heh, my prediction has us pushing. No way you bet on this game.

Brodeur
11-17-2007, 11:03 AM

I know Lloyd Carr was.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I know Lloyd Carr was.

He's just padding his retirement fund.

Xiomera
11-17-2007, 11:50 AM
3-0 Michigan after the 1st Qtr.

Like I said . . . low scoring

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Good start for Michigan. Hart's averaging over 6 per carry, and Crable has 3 tackles, 1 TFL and a FF. Henne's floating alot of passes so far.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I still think if both offenses got it going, they could put up big points, weather is a factor too.

bearsfan_51
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I hope FF stands for Boeckman can't hold on to slippery balls.

Heh heh...slippery balls...

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 11:55 AM

Yea, once the official boxscore comes out, it'll probably change.

Henne needs to get rid of that ball sooner.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 11:57 AM

As I said in the Gameday thread:

And Michigan doesn't have two FF, Todd Boeckman has two FF.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Big block by Mike Hart. Now if only we could do something else.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Chimdi>Mike Hart

KCJ58
11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
all most offsides there

Chaucer
11-17-2007, 12:16 PM
About to be 14-3.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 12:20 PM
About to be 14-3.

What? How did you get to that?

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 12:24 PM
That was a sick punt

Xiomera
11-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Damn . . . it's days like this that I miss Garrett Rivas the most.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Some first half notes...

Mario, find some hands somewhere
Schilling, stop getting ass-raped by Gholston's speed rush
Englemon, I <3 you
Zoltan, you rule

Sniper
11-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Chimdi>Mike Hart

Was Chimdi the guy who got owned by Hart on the block?

Xiomera
11-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Was Chimdi the guy who got owned by Hart on the block?

Yes . . . OSU fans are blind

P-L
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I think we need a TD right after halftime or we don't have any chance. Maybe if Mario Manningham could catch a football...

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Yes . . . OSU fans are blind

I'm not blind, Hart blocked him big time, but Chimdi>Mike Hart, that is just a fact. Mike Hart blows.

Chaucer
11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Time to get Les Miles on the phone. Michigan needs a 3rd quarter coaching change.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:09 PM
That could be the game honestly. We can't get anything going on offense, and for once it's not really the play calling. We just can't get anything started at all, and Henne definately isn't playing well at all.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I hope Chris Wells burns in hell.

P-L
Congrats Ohio State. Good luck in the Rose Bowl.

ironman4579
God I miss Steve Breaston. Our return game is just awful this year.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Why is DeBord calling for outs 3 inches away from the sidelines btw?

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Beanie is incredible! Everyone freaked out, it was great! Oh man, bad play by Jamar Adams.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Who The **** Is Henne Throwing To!?!?!?!?!?!

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Looks like Hart was limping off the field.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Hart and Henne, impotent now.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:14 PM
We might as well put Mallett in there. Henne looks awful, we couldn't really do too much worse, other than giving up more sacks, some fumbled snaps, an INT or two.........Um, yea.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:20 PM
We might as well put Mallett in there. Henne looks awful, we couldn't really do too much worse, other than giving up more sacks, some fumbled snaps, an INT or two.........Um, yea.

Yeah, he might even throw it more than 3 yards.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Game isn't over yet, lots of time left.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Ok, now it's DeBord. Nice draw play there.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey if we're gonna miss high every time, put Mallett in to get some PT

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Maybe the defense can return something for a TD. Otherwise, I really can't see us scoring again.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Zoltan is a sick punter he best go to the NFL

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Zoltan is a sick punter he best go to the NFL

He can be really erratic though

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Screw it, let's just throw it up to Manningham and Arrington every play. Could it really make that much of a difference, other than we probably turn it over a few times? But hey, if we're going to give them the ball at the 40 every time anyway, we might as well give it to them on an INT and see if something good happens instead.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Mallett may go in! YES! Beanie for Heisman 08!

ironman4579
Freakin' Beanie Wells. The middle of the line is just getting killed right now.

Shane P. Hallam
He can be really erratic though

Yeah, I spoke too soon before that last punt, ha.

Sniper
**** Mallett's in

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Freakin' Beanie Wells. The middle of the line is just getting killed right now.

Yeah, but he got hurt, may not come back, yech.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Christ, the defense is actually playing pretty well overall(at least when Beanie's out), the offense can't get anything going at all.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Well, game over, Mallett's in.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, the running games been working so well DeBord, let's keep going with the zone stretch.

Shane P. Hallam
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Ugh, that ball was def. uncatchable, interference yes, but shouldn't have been called.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Pretty shady call on Jenkins, but I'll take it. I don't think that was catchable.

Oh, Hart limping off again, woohoo.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Come on, I'd rather see Brown in there than Minor.

P-L
11-17-2007, 01:34 PM
It was probably uncatchable, but it was very hard to tell. Jenkins tied him up and completely stopped him on his route.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Nice overthrow, Mathews was wide open. Oh well, Henne probably would have overthrown it too today.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
It was probably uncatchable, but it was very hard to tell. Jenkins tied him up and completely stopped him on his route.

Ryan Mallett has absolutely no touch on his throws....

Sniper
11-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice overthrow, Mathews was wide open. Oh well, Henne probably would have overthrown it too today.

Not today. He would have underthrown him by 20 yards and 10 yards behind him