PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie

HoopsDemon12
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Well He now has 6 Interceptions on the season.. and the last 3-4 weeks has been amazing. Scoring touchdowns and making plays whenever he is on the feild. He has the INT's but has he been covering receivers taht well or is it like the Deltha Oneal 10 interception season... where he just was oppertunistic and didnt cover as well as the stat would make you think?

marks01234
11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Well He now has 6 Interceptions on the season.. and the last 3-4 weeks has been amazing. Scoring touchdowns and making plays whenever he is on the feild. He has the INT's but has he been covering receivers taht well or is it like the Deltha Oneal 10 interception season... where he just was oppertunistic and didnt cover as well as the stat would make you think?

I watched the Chargers the last two weeks.

He's an amazing athlete and a pure ballhawk. His one handed INT last night might have been the most exceptional defensive play I've ever seen live. I don't think their is a single corner in the league who could have also made that play.

As for his coverage skills - He still has a way to go. He buys himself an extra step with his speed and size (at least opposing should give him that step) but is still beaten pretty regularly. His tackling is inconsistenct and he isn't as physical as you would think.

He had the potential to be amazing though.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
not bad for a first ever start (nfl and college).

people can start to see why he was still a first rounder after a major injury in college missing all his junior year and never starting a game. Mans got athletic ability to burn

HoopsDemon12
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
not bad for a first ever start (nfl and college).

people can start to see why he was still a first rounder after a major injury in college missing all his junior year and never starting a game. Mans got athletic ability to burn

Ya for a man his size he has amazing athletic ability.. usually corners that big dont have much sucess because they are not as fluid.. he is as fluid as tye hill is... if not more IMO..i think he can be special

JK17
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
He's got exceptional athletic ability, thats whats allowed him to make the highlight reel plays he's been making the past few weeks.

That being said, his first games this year were bad, and he was doing more reacting after the catch then stopping the catch from happening. He has a lot of work to do in that area, but he's a year and a half into his career, in a position with a steep learning curve....I'll take it so far.

Hines
11-12-2007, 11:59 AM
He probably has the best measurables ever for the corner position. His size, speed and athletic ability is excellent. He is still raw, but I believe he will develop into a good one.

Xenos
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
I watched the Chargers the last two weeks.

He's an amazing athlete and a pure ballhawk. His one handed INT last night might have been the most exceptional defensive play I've ever seen live. I don't think their is a single corner in the league who could have also made that play.

As for his coverage skills - He still has a way to go. He buys himself an extra step with his speed and size (at least opposing should give him that step) but is still beaten pretty regularly. His tackling is inconsistenct and he isn't as physical as you would think.
He had the potential to be amazing though.
That's really my one big gripe with him right now. His tackling is downright atrocious at times, which carries over to his run stopping ability, something that you need when you're a corner in a 3-4. Say what you will about Quentin Jammer, but he's always been a sound tackler, a physical player, and a great run stopper. He's also much better in coverage than Cro at this time. Hopefully, Cro will continue to get better at these things with Jammer's help, because he could become as good as Bailey one day.

KILLERSANTA
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I wanted him over bobby so bad........

CC.SD
11-12-2007, 12:22 PM
He's pretty spectacular, but it's true he is not as physical as a guy with his size should be. That said, he's not bad in coverage; he's done a great job of covering guys this season when put to the test, especially lately.

Unfortunately, I think Ted Cottrell is dumb enough to send him back to the bench when Jammer returns. This is the same guy who called off the blitzes after Peyton threw his 5th pick.

Anyway, Cromartie is already the best Charger DB I've seen since either Gil Byrd, or Rodney Harrison in his prime. Leading the league in picks, and IMO a dark horse for DPOY in a year with only a couple other standouts.

Average OT LB
11-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I think the 6 picks doesnt represnet accurately his preformance so far this season... but i think it matches his athletic ability. What people didnt see is how he had 3 or 4 penalties on him on the day and got burned here and there by wayne.. Hes not perfect, hes not a lockdown corner. Right now hes a ballhawk but id say hes better than o'neal. Im probbly a little over criticl of him, but call me crazy, i like to look before i leap...

EDIT: all 3 picks he made last night we're very legit tho.

Splat
11-12-2007, 12:35 PM
He makes me think of Dale Carter in his rookie year he either made a big play or gave up a big play.

Basileus777
11-12-2007, 12:35 PM
He's pretty spectacular, but it's true he is not as physical as a guy with his size should be. That said, he's not bad in coverage; he's done a great job of covering guys this season when put to the test, especially lately.

Unfortunately, I think Ted Cottrell is dumb enough to send him back to the bench when Jammer returns. This is the same guy who called off the blitzes after Peyton threw his 5th pick.

Anyway, Cromartie is already the best Charger DB I've seen since either Gil Byrd, or Rodney Harrison in his prime. Leading the league in picks, and IMO a dark horse for DPOY in a year with only a couple other standouts.

Someone who doesn't even start over Drayton Florence isn't going to win DPOY....

The Legend
11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Monster of a Game

CC.SD
11-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Someone who doesn't even start over Drayton Florence isn't going to win DPOY....

If there is anything at all rattling around behind Cottrell's eyes, Cro is a starter now. Flo is a scrub.

no love
11-12-2007, 01:01 PM

I think he is more than physical enough, he uses his hands TOO MUCH down the field. The one thing holding him back is his technique, he seems to redirect the wrong way sometimes. And when he is flipping his hips he often gets his hand of the receivers (it might be an issue with just not feeling confident getting out of his back pedal and into pursuit).

As far as his tackling, it is just inconsistent. One play he will put a nice good lick on a guy and the next he will be reaching for an arm tackle.

So far, his amazing physical abilities have allowed him to be successful despite breakdowns in technique. That interception last night was just sick, he was so far in front of Reggie Wayne that Wayne had no way of breaking up the pass. Manning made the right read because Wayne had a step, but Cro just made an unreal play.

Shiver
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Antonio Cromartie, if he works vigorously on his technique and study, will be a top-3 corner by next year. He is still raw and he is still playing well.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
With his body type and athletic ability he really reminds me of Champ. Hopefully he will become as well rounded as him. He definitely has the ability to.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2007, 02:07 PM
He probably has the best measurables ever for the corner position. His size, speed and athletic ability is excellent. He is still raw, but I believe he will develop into a good one.

couldnt agree more, and no use in thinking about having him over Bobby, guess well just take our 1st pick on special teams :(

Cromartie is a beast though, now we all see why he would/should of been a top 10 pick had he played more in college

JK17
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
couldnt agree more, and no use in thinking about having him over Bobby, guess well just take our 1st pick on special teams :(

Cromartie is a beast though, now we all see why he would/should of been a top 10 pick had he played more in college

He still has a lot of holes in his game though...In my opinion he's justifying his pick at 19; he'll have to be a little more consistent to justify the "if he was healthy, he would have been a top 5/10 pick" saying that he had around him at draft time...

CC.SD
11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
He still has a lot of holes in his game though...In my opinion he's justifying his pick at 19; he'll have to be a little more consistent to justify the "if he was healthy, he would have been a top 5/10 pick" saying that he had around him at draft time...

His measurables are martian-like; if Quentin Jammer can be a top 5 pick, anything can happen...

PoopSandwich
11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
He made one of the best catches, if not the best catch I have ever seen, and hes a DB... That is disgusting.

11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
this dudes for real..reminds me of deion sanders himself with all the measurables and highlight reel plays he makes week in and week out. o yea they both went to florida state what a coincidence lol.

yourfavestoner
11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
He actually reminds me of Rashean Mathis when he came into the league. Both are big, rangy, playmaking corners who can make up for their mistakes with their athleticism.

yourfavestoner
11-12-2007, 05:49 PM
His measurables are martian-like; if Quentin Jammer can be a top 5 pick, anything can happen...

Then again, if he wasn't injured, he wouldn't have been so raw coming out.

Flyboy
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8c/fullj.getty-75557966dm005_indianapolis_.jpg

Addict
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8c/fullj.getty-75557966dm005_indianapolis_.jpg

so beautiful... wow.

bored of education
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Just wait til he learns the position and learns when and how to utilize his sick athletic abilties.