PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Stillers Week 10 Draft.. Post Browns

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Well the OL did well, 2 of those sacks were on Ben. He was trying to get out of the pocket instead of throwing the ball away..

However..

1) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas ~ 6'2 205 4.48

I'd really love Malcolm Jenkins(Sorry MoS). Here's what I see. We have a solid true #1 Corner that has terrible hands. We have a #2 that'll be collecting Social Security in a few years. We have a #3 thats physical, but struggles with quick WR's. We have a rookie #4 who's looked solid in minimal time and in zone. Madison is a solid St player as well. What I saw in the Browns games is we struggle with bigger WR's. Considering we'll have to play them twice, we should get a guy that can take out a Winslow or Jurivicius. Talib is so gifted he's been playing both ways this season. He has 4 TD's on offense and 2 on defense. Along with 5 INT's he's a physical corner that gets into the backfield and makes plays. He's a complete CB.

Other Choices:

Best OT ~ Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
Best OLB ~ Derrick Harvey, Florida

2) Jeff Otah, RT, Pittsburgh ~ 6'6 340 5.23

Otah gives us a mauling RT that will allow Willie Colon to slide into RG where his strengths (Size, Strength and lateral issues) can be utilized. Otah has the lateral speed/agility to block the Derrick Burgess' and handle the power guys as well. He's also a road grades as in he takes out whoever is his man. They never touch the RB.

3) Titus Brown, ROLB, Mississippi State ~ 6'3 248 4.68

Titus Stock is going up as people notice his abilities. Having 43 stops for 15 TFL's and 7 sacks this season isn't going unnoticed, but being so Raw he falls to us in the 3rd as he's not a "Speed rusher" and he lacks Pro-every down size. Perfect for ROLB.

4) Nick Hayden, LDE, Wisconsin ~ 6'4 315 5.18

Hayden is a bull at DT for Wisconsin. Besides possessing pro-ready size he has strength. He'll come in and instantly overtake Eason as the Backup LDE as he's being groomed to start.

5) King Dunlap, LT, Auburn ~ 6'8 312 5.09

With Haydens stock going up and Smith being 3 years older than Marvel I figured LDE was a tad more important. I figure they're going to extend Marvel anyways and even a talented 5th rounder waiting in the wings can develop properly. Who did I find? Auburns King Dunlap. He was receiving a first round grade before his elbow injury. Worst case Scenario, he doesn't play well and we cut him. Best case he's a future Pro-Bowler because of 2-3 Years in our system.

6) Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida ~ 6'2 247 4.68

We need a future behind Faneca and a guy that doesn't get a lot of mention but may be perfect for it is South Florida's Ben Moffitt. He has the adequate size and speed for the position. With the way Farrior is playing he has about 2 years to get acclimated and then make his splash.

*7 Traded for Allen Rossum...

UDFA:

Kevin O'Connell, QB, San Diego State ~ 6'6 230 4.89
QB Depth

Mike Peterson, H-Back, Northwest Missouri State ~ 6'2 258 4.59
H-Back with some serious speed.

Justin Harper, WR, Virginia Tech ~ 6'4 220 4.33
Needs developed but has great pro potential. Dropsies issue needs fixed

Jaymar Johnson, WR/KR/PR/RB, Jackson State ~6'1 198 4.40
ST's player.

Kevin Tuminello, C/OG, Georgia Tech ~ 6'4 298 5.02
Diamond in the rough?

Breno Giacomini, OT, Louisville ~ 6'7 315 5.04
Another smoot LT to challenge Dunlap for a Roster spot.

Johnny Dingle, 3-4 DE, West Virginia ~ 6'3 279 4.84
Playing in a 3-3-5 he's leading the team in sacks(7), TFL's(11.5). Has the lateral/sudden burst speed to be able to pull of Lebeaus RDE-ROVER role.

Jason Jones, LILB/LOLB, East. Michigan ~ 6'5 273 4.72
Plays NT, but has ILB/OLB Speed.

Trevor Scott, ROLB, Buffalo ~ 6'5 265 4.62
situational player at OLB.

Gian Villante, RILB/LILB, Hofstra ~ 6'2 243lb 4.62
replaces Kreidwaldt.

Brandon Carr, RCB, Grand Valley State ~ 6'1 205 4.47
Physical Shutdown d2 CB.

Joe Fields, SS/FS, Syracuse ~ 6'1 215 4.49
Could push for backup Spot behind Troy Polamalu. Especially with more Cover 2 being abundant.

Jakey
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I like it man..i'd be pleased! =D

EDIT: But i dont know how Moffitt would do in Faneca's position! :D

Man_Of_Steel
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Well the OL did well, 2 of those sacks were on Ben. He was trying to get out of the pocket instead of throwing the ball away..

However..

1) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas ~ 6'2 205 4.48

I'd really love Malcolm Jenkins(Sorry MoS). Here's what I see. We have a solid true #1 Corner that has terrible hands. We have a #2 that'll be collecting Social Security in a few years. We have a #3 thats physical, but struggles with quick WR's. We have a rookie #4 who's looked solid in minimal time and in zone. Madison is a solid St player as well. What I saw in the Browns games is we struggle with bigger WR's. Considering we'll have to play them twice, we should get a guy that can take out a Winslow or Jurivicius. Talib is so gifted he's been playing both ways this season. He has 4 TD's on offense and 2 on defense. Along with 5 INT's he's a physical corner that gets into the backfield and makes plays. He's a complete CB.

Other Choices:

Best OT ~ Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
Best OLB ~ Derrick Harvey, Florida

2) Jeff Otah, RT, Pittsburgh ~ 6'6 340 5.23

Otah gives us a mauling RT that will allow Willie Colon to slide into RG where his strengths (Size, Strength and lateral issues) can be utilized. Otah has the lateral speed/agility to block the Derrick Burgess' and handle the power guys as well. He's also a road grades as in he takes out whoever is his man. They never touch the RB.

3) Titus Brown, ROLB, Mississippi State ~ 6'3 248 4.68

Titus Stock is going up as people notice his abilities. Having 43 stops for 15 TFL's and 7 sacks this season isn't going unnoticed, but being so Raw he falls to us in the 3rd as he's not a "Speed rusher" and he lacks Pro-every down size. Perfect for ROLB.

4) Nick Hayden, LDE, Wisconsin ~ 6'4 315 5.18

Hayden is a bull at DT for Wisconsin. Besides possessing pro-ready size he has strength. He'll come in and instantly overtake Eason as the Backup LDE as he's being groomed to start.

5) King Dunlap, LT, Auburn ~ 6'8 312 5.09

With Haydens stock going up and Smith being 3 years older than Marvel I figured LDE was a tad more important. I figure they're going to extend Marvel anyways and even a talented 5th rounder waiting in the wings can develop properly. Who did I find? Auburns King Dunlap. He was receiving a first round grade before his elbow injury. Worst case Scenario, he doesn't play well and we cut him. Best case he's a future Pro-Bowler because of 2-3 Years in our system.

6) Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida ~ 6'2 247 4.68

We need a future behind Faneca and a guy that doesn't get a lot of mention but may be perfect for it is South Florida's Ben Moffitt. He has the adequate size and speed for the position. With the way Farrior is playing he has about 2 years to get acclimated and then make his splash.

Round 1
Im glad to see my cb need is being addressed. If no o-lineman is value at the pick and Jonathan Stewart/Malcolm Jenkins are gone I love the Talib pick. hes my second rated CB and one of the more athletic players in the draft.

Round 2
My boy Otah getting some love. While I love the Otah pick the second round is at the moment high for him. On draft day he could go anywhere from the 2nd-4th round most likley the third.

Round 3
I dont like the pick and I dont like the reasoning. Imo he wont make a dent in the NFL. Also he is much more suited to ILB than OLB and if he becomes a backup somewhere thats where his name will be o the depth chart.

Round 4
I dont know too much about him so give me this weeks game to check him out and Ill get back to you, sound intriguing however.

Round 5
Good developemental guy more will be expalined in my short summary.

Round 6
To me abit of a wasted pick. A raw physically dominate WR would be nice here to groom. Moffit to LILB is very wishful thinking.

Summary
My main gripe with this draft is the o-line. While Otah is a solid pick Dunlap is pure developemental. So we could come out of this draft with only one lineman if Dunlap dosent pan out. I would love the Dunlap pick if we drafted a lineman who could immediatley play within a year or so.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Round 1
Im glad to see my cb need is being addressed. If no o-lineman is value at the pick and Jonathan Stewart/Malcolm Jenkins are gone I love the Talib pick. hes my second rated CB and one of the more athletic players in the draft.

Agreed. I think the earlier season we weren't tested with Bigger WR's and when we are we're having issues.. with Cleveland and Cincy's trio, plus NE/Colts almost on a yearly basis, need another big corner.

Round 2
My boy Otah getting some love. While I love the Otah pick the second round is at the moment high for him. On draft day he could go anywhere from the 2nd-4th round most likley the third.

I think Otah is going to continue to rise and be a late 2nd rounder for us.. he'll be a late 2nd to mid 3rd. I don't see him falling to us in round 3.

Round 3
I dont like the pick and I dont like the reasoning. Imo he wont make a dent in the NFL. Also he is much more suited to ILB than OLB and if he becomes a backup somewhere thats where his name will be o the depth chart.

This we'll have to agree to disagree. As a 6'3 248lb DE, he's generating a lot of pressure. He's literally the only player on Miss States defense that will ever make the pro's. Everyone here brags of the SEC's domination as talent goes.. Why overlook Titus?

He has 8 solo sacks.. 1 against LSU (Ciron Black) 1 against Auburn, 2 against Gardner Webb, 2 against South Carolina, 1 against Kentucky, 1 against Alabama.

Thats 2 sacks against THE BEST LT"S in the SEC. Ciron Black and Andre Smith are 2 of the best LT's in the NCAA. He beat both of them.

In those games (LSU/Alabama) he's had:
5 Tackles, 2 TFL's and 2 Sacks with 4 QBH. Thats impressive.

Not including the fact he had 7 sacks last year. (Including LSU, WVUx2, Kentucky and Bama).

I would go so far as to say He is probably the #2 Passrusher in the SEC only behind Derrick Harvey. He doesn't have Groves Lightening speed but he's a much more complete player.

Round 4
I dont know too much about him so give me this weeks game to check him out and Ill get back to you, sound intriguing however.

Hayden is solid. He'll take 1-2 guys and holds the point well.

33 Tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4.5 Sacks, 2 PD, 2 QBH, and 1 Blocked Kick.

Round 5

Exactly. Dunlap has crazy athleticism with his size. I figure Marvel will be around 2-3 years yet and frankly that should give us atleast a year or 2 to see if he'll develop.

Round 6
To me abit of a wasted pick. A raw physically dominate WR would be nice here to groom. Moffit to LILB is very wishful thinking.

Frankly I'm liking Ward, Holmes, and Washington. We rarely see Reid/Wilson because Heath is our #4. I know you want a guy to develop, but frankly I think Moffitt's too talented in the 6th round to pass up for a raw WR.

Summary
My main gripe with this draft is the o-line. While Otah is a solid pick Dunlap is pure developemental. So we could come out of this draft with only one lineman if Dunlap dosent pan out. I would love the Dunlap pick if we drafted a lineman who could immediatley play within a year or so.

Agreed a bit. I would love to have an extra pick.. but here's how I see it.

Next year we'll have:

Smith ~ Simmons ~ Mahan ~ Kemo ~ Colon
Dunlap ~ Essex ~ Stapleton ~ Colon ~ Otah

Then after the 2009 draft I see..

Smith ~ Simmons/Colon ~ Mahan ~ Colon ~ Otah
Dunlap ~ 2009 Rookie ~ Stapleton ~ 2009 Rookie ~ 2009 Rookie.

I'm looking this year to address everything and then next year add 3 rookies to the OL..

(1st round LG(Duke Robinson), and a day 2 RG+RT for depth(Names not important now))..

I figure Kemo will be cut or bolt..

Then in 2010 I'll be looking at Everson Griffen or Kris O'Dowd from USC in round 1. (DE/OLB or OG/C)

skarocksoi
11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Hayden's name was getting called consistantly in their win against Michigan. He did pretty well against Jake Long and the fabled Michigan O-line and got a sack and a couple tackles for loss. I wasn't paying full attention, but I heard his name mentioned several times throughout the game.

brat316
11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
where is kinder at

steelernation77
11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Round 1

Summary

I agree. I'm not sold on Kemoeatu and feel like we could use a solid OG to compete and possibly start. That being said, if Otah can start at RT, Colon could be moved to OG. Still, even if that did happen, we could use depth.

Hines
11-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Round 1

Agreed. I think the earlier season we weren't tested with Bigger WR's and when we are we're having issues.. with Cleveland and Cincy's trio, plus NE/Colts almost on a yearly basis, need another big corner.

Round 2

I think Otah is going to continue to rise and be a late 2nd rounder for us.. he'll be a late 2nd to mid 3rd. I don't see him falling to us in round 3.

Round 3

This we'll have to agree to disagree. As a 6'3 248lb DE, he's generating a lot of pressure. He's literally the only player on Miss States defense that will ever make the pro's. Everyone here brags of the SEC's domination as talent goes.. Why overlook Titus?

He has 8 solo sacks.. 1 against LSU (Ciron Black) 1 against Auburn, 2 against Gardner Webb, 2 against South Carolina, 1 against Kentucky, 1 against Alabama.

Thats 2 sacks against THE BEST LT"S in the SEC. Ciron Black and Andre Smith are 2 of the best LT's in the NCAA. He beat both of them.

In those games (LSU/Alabama) he's had:
5 Tackles, 2 TFL's and 2 Sacks with 4 QBH. Thats impressive.

Not including the fact he had 7 sacks last year. (Including LSU, WVUx2, Kentucky and Bama).

I would go so far as to say He is probably the #2 Passrusher in the SEC only behind Derrick Harvey. He doesn't have Groves Lightening speed but he's a much more complete player.

Round 4

Hayden is solid. He'll take 1-2 guys and holds the point well.

33 Tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4.5 Sacks, 2 PD, 2 QBH, and 1 Blocked Kick.

Round 5

Exactly. Dunlap has crazy athleticism with his size. I figure Marvel will be around 2-3 years yet and frankly that should give us atleast a year or 2 to see if he'll develop.

Round 6

Frankly I'm liking Ward, Holmes, and Washington. We rarely see Reid/Wilson because Heath is our #4. I know you want a guy to develop, but frankly I think Moffitt's too talented in the 6th round to pass up for a raw WR.

Summary

Agreed a bit. I would love to have an extra pick.. but here's how I see it.

Next year we'll have:

Smith ~ Simmons ~ Mahan ~ Kemo ~ Colon
Dunlap ~ Essex ~ Stapleton ~ Colon ~ Otah

Then after the 2009 draft I see..

Smith ~ Simmons/Colon ~ Mahan ~ Colon ~ Otah
Dunlap ~ 2009 Rookie ~ Stapleton ~ 2009 Rookie ~ 2009 Rookie.

I'm looking this year to address everything and then next year add 3 rookies to the OL..

(1st round LG(Duke Robinson), and a day 2 RG+RT for depth(Names not important now))..

I figure Kemo will be cut or bolt..

Then in 2010 I'll be looking at Everson Griffen or Kris O'Dowd from USC in round 1. (DE/OLB or OG/C)

i played against everson..dudes a ****** beast

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I agree. I'm not sold on Kemoeatu and feel like we could use a solid OG to compete and possibly start. That being said, if Otah can start at RT, Colon could be moved to OG. Still, even if that did happen, we could use depth.

I didn't mention the fact I believe us signing Stacy Andrews in FA.. a OT/OG swingman.