PDA

View Full Version : Geno Hayes

Big_Pete
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Is Geno Hayes going to follow recent Florida State OLB tradition and declare for the 2008?

Like Ernie Sims and Lawrence Timmons is he a chance to be a late bolter first round pick at LB??

what kind of prospect do you think Haynes is??

Smokey Joe
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
well, he does have some character concerns and doesn't seem to be on the same physical level as Sims and Timmons, but he has great instincts. I say late 1st the earliest for him if he declares.

BuddyCHRIST
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
hes a true football player but hes VERY skinny to play LB at the next level. I think he'll stay next year. Or atleast I hope

etk
11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
WAAY too undersized to declare early. I don't think he has a chance to be that early of a pick, but he could make an impact on specials and as a Tampa 2 WLB or box SS.

Big_Pete
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Hayes is from what I can tell in a very similar position to Ernie Sims and Lawrence Timmons at the similar point of the final college seasons.

Both managed to bulk up significantly before the combine.

Haynes is listed at somewhere around 6'2", 218 lbs; I can't see why he can't get up to around 230 lbs by the time of the combine.

When everyone talks about junior LBs, Hayes seems to be omitted. The fact that both his predecessors have declared and ended up in the first round may influence him to declare.

Do you think he is likely to say no to big money and the chance to play in the NFL to stay in school?

Mr. Stiller
11-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Hayes is from what I can tell in a very similar position to Ernie Sims and Lawrence Timmons at the similar point of the final college seasons.

Both managed to bulk up significantly before the combine.

Haynes is listed at somewhere around 6'2", 218 lbs; I can't see why he can't get up to around 230 lbs by the time of the combine.

When everyone talks about junior LBs, Hayes seems to be omitted. The fact that both his predecessors have declared and ended up in the first round may influence him to declare.

Do you think he is likely to say no to big money and the chance to play in the NFL to stay in school?

There's a subtle difference.

Sims, even though a tad undersized was still 5'11 230lbs and ran a 4.5 40. Not to mention he had what, 2-3 years of game tape proving his abilties.

Timmons, even though he's a 1 year starter he had more pro size.. 6'0 5/8" and 4.66 40 at 234lbs.

Hayes a tad faster than Timmons, still runs a 4.62 at 218lbs. He'd have to add about 20 lbs.

I think Timmons was a little more explosive than Hayes. A little more physical. I think Hayes will be a 1st round pick in 09.

BuddyCHRIST
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Hayes weight thing isn't just about listed weight, just looking at him and his arms are very skinny. Sims was lighter but no one ever questioned his strength as he was built like a tree trunk. I think he can be a great Cover 2 backer but It would probably be best for him to return so he can put on a little more weight and alleviate the situation he had this year.

fenikz
11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
If he comes out this year he will be a 3rd rounder or lower I guarantee it

thebow305
11-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll take him as a Safety.....