PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Panthers Week 11

neko4
11-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Now that we finally had a convincing win, i cant wait for the next 3 games
Hopefully the team is taking it one game at a time though. I would hate for them to be looking ahead at DAL and DET

princefielder28
11-12-2007, 06:27 PM
They will be looking ahead a bit but they'll stay focused to take care of the Panthers. I expect if we get up by alot that McCarthy plays the back ups a little sooner seeing as we have a game on Thursday then.

neko4
11-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Hopefully we get up early
I still fear the Carolina D, but the O I think we should have no trouble with. Stick Double on Smith and we're fine. Heck Harris and Woodson could probably handle Smith alone based on the play of these Panther QB's.

Moses
11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Who is starting at quarterback for the Panthers? Hopefully David Carr, I want some more sacks out of the defensive line. :D

neko4
11-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Doesnt matter who starts, we still get 10 sacks

GB12
11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Now that we finally had a convincing win, i cant wait for the next 3 games
Hopefully the team is taking it one game at a time though. I would hate for them to be looking ahead at DAL and DET
They might not be looking ahead, but I am. This should be a very easy win. If we don't win by at least 10 I'll be a bit dissapointed.

They will be looking ahead a bit but they'll stay focused to take care of the Panthers. I expect if we get up by alot that McCarthy plays the back ups a little sooner seeing as we have a game on Thursday then.
It actually could work out great for us. We should have an easy game while Detroit has to play the Giants. I'd like to see Rodgers get significant time to see what he has.

Boston
11-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I bet we're underdogs....

Nitschke-Hawk
11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
There's some serious age at QB this week.

GB12
11-12-2007, 11:05 PM
82 years combined if Vinny starts.

neko4
11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
There's some serious age at QB this week.
Vinny + Favre=
701TD's
542INT's
105,763Yards
8,972Completions
15,139Attempts
472Starts

bigboiajhawk
11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
The only thing that is keeping the panthers in hunt to make the playoffs is their defense. They've got two good corners, fast linebackers and a solid defensive line. It should be a lot better game than the pack vs. vikings that is for sure. Vinny Testaverde is alot better than Brooks Bollinger.

neko4
11-13-2007, 02:25 PM
David Carr is better than Brooks Bollinger

princefielder28
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Now thats a toss up.......Carr is about as bad as they come; if he'd learn to get rid of the football maybe it would be a different story but he just sucks

someone447
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM

Favre>Sorgi>Bollinger>Manning

Football Fan
11-14-2007, 01:40 AM
I got the feeling that for the most part we have seen the last of the packers squeaking it out in the 4th quarter and I think winning by 10 points+ is going to happen for most of the remaining games. This team is comming together and the untapped potential is going to begin to show itself.
After the blow out in Minnesota(even with bolinger at quarterback), Ive seen enough. I believe this team is superbowl bound. F@ck dallas, the packer are better than them and more talented. Not by much, but I think the pack will burst that dallas bubble when they meet.
Im convinced, after seeing 10 games Im calling it. The pack is going to the superbowl and the always over-hyped dallas(much like Notre Dame always is)wont stop them. There a very good team, but the packers are going to beat them out this year. The best of this years packers is on the way. I see only there O-line and safety play as a concern, but I dont think its going to stop them.

I know I had lower expectations than most packer fans and had them figured for 6 or 7 wins, but I was way off. I honestly dont think im beeing a homer, I just only see them getting better from here on out. Also it seems that there just arent a lot of impressive teams this year, it just happens the packers are better than most

bigboiajhawk
11-14-2007, 03:38 AM
I couldnt agree with you more, I guess I was a lot more optimistic than you were though, I thought the Packers were going to go to the playoffs, but I am going to make a bold, and almost storybook ending to Brett Favre's career. Packers over Patriots in Superbowl, he won his first one against them, and this year he is going to get his last one against them.

someone447
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
I couldnt agree with you more, I guess I was a lot more optimistic than you were though, I thought the Packers were going to go to the playoffs, but I am going to make a bold, and almost storybook ending to Brett Favre's career. Packers over Patriots in Superbowl, he won his first one against them, and this year he is going to get his last one against them.

I don't think there is any way he retires after this year. Not with the team we have. Even if we win the super bowl, Favre will stay to defend it. He is just having too much fun.

neko4
11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Now thats a toss up.......Carr is about as bad as they come; if he'd learn to get rid of the football maybe it would be a different story but he just sucks
He has a great arm, but he is a terrible decision maker

Also why am i still talking about carr?

bigboiajhawk
11-14-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't think there is any way he retires after this year. Not with the team we have. Even if we win the super bowl, Favre will stay to defend it. He is just having too much fun.

See, I feel that way if they make it to the playoffs and dont advance to the Superbowl, or even if they lose in the superbowl Favre might come back, but if they win it i just dont think he would come back, i mean it is like when Jerome Bettis retired after the steelers superbowl victory, you just want to go out in style, but dont get me wrong i want to see brett favre play another year or two.

umphrey
11-14-2007, 08:14 PM

That happened a lot under Sherman and Holmgren - we would come out flat after a big win. So far I haven't seen it out of McCarthy, but knock on wood because this is the first week where we know we are good AND we crushed our opponent the previous week.

PACKmanN
11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
So is Manuel their starting SS?

jackalope
11-14-2007, 08:22 PM
From packers.com
[/URL]
If it is Testaverde, who has started three games this season, he and Favre would combine to form the oldest starting quarterback duo in NFL history. Testaverde just turned 44 on Tuesday and will be 44 years, 5 days old on Sunday. Favre will be 38 years, 39 days old, making the two a combined 82 years, 44 days old at kickoff.[URL]http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/11/14/2/ (http://www.packers.com)

GB12
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
So is Manuel their starting SS?
No he's their backup. A lot of former Packers return to Lambeau on Sunday though. Mike Whale, Marquand Manuel, Na'il Diggs, and Patrick Dendy will all be back for the first time since being released.

RockJock07
11-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Just listening to the Mike and Mike Podcast on ESPN radio, they had MM on Tuesday if I'm correct but my point is that MM isn't going to let this team take Carolina lightly.

Chris Mort. from ESPN also said that when Tom Jackson did a story on the D-line he left the Packers practice very impressed with the focus and tempo.

I'm really liking the way MM has kept this team loose but focused, it's actually quite amazing. TT has got to get alot of credit, he took ALOT of heat from everyone about the MM hire.

As for Carolina, they just can't protect the QB and have no weapons other then Steve Smith. I don't expect the Packers to double him but they shouldn't just forget about him either. I expect another comfortable victory. Gonna be a long week for the Packers, but good for us, 2 packers games in the next week, should be fun!

GB12
11-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Just listening to the Mike and Mike Podcast on ESPN radio, they had MM on Tuesday if I'm correct but my point is that MM isn't going to let this team take Carolina lightly.

Chris Mort. from ESPN also said that when Tom Jackson did a story on the D-line he left the Packers practice very impressed with the focus and tempo.

I'm really liking the way MM has kept this team loose but focused, it's actually quite amazing. TT has got to get alot of credit, he took ALOT of heat from everyone about the MM hire.

As for Carolina, they just can't protect the QB and have no weapons other then Steve Smith. I don't expect the Packers to double him but they shouldn't just forget about him either. I expect another comfortable victory. Gonna be a long week for the Packers, but good for us, 2 packers games in the next week, should be fun!I don't think we really need to double him, but why not. He's the only guy the have that we should be concerned about. None of their other recievers are even decent. We can stop the run with the front seven, so I wouldn't mind keeping Harris and a safety on him.

drowe
11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
seriously, enough of the "easy game" talk. i could easily see the Packers coming out flat and digging themselves a hole early. it's happened before. and every year, no matter how good they are, there will be one embarrassing loss over the course of the year. and with 2 monster games coming, up, this panthers game has all the makings of a let down.

Jim Jim
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Steve Smith is questionable. That would be a huge blow for them.

ny10804
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
It's game day. Here we go 9-1.

damasta13
11-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Sticky this quickly, we don't want the curse of the non-stickied matchday thread to hit us!

TitleTown088
11-18-2007, 07:40 AM
seriously, enough of the "easy game" talk. i could easily see the Packers coming out flat and digging themselves a hole early. it's happened before. and every year, no matter how good they are, there will be one embarrassing loss over the course of the year. and with 2 monster games coming, up, this panthers game has all the makings of a let down. Drowe, every time you say that the Packers roll, so keep it up.

GB12
11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Smith is still a gametime decission. Even if he does play he can't be more than 60% so he shouldn't be much of a problem.

damasta13
11-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Smith is inactive

Link:http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d5d80444ed4&template=without-video&confirm=true

Football Fan
11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I like this so far: int. for rouse and a punt return for touchdown by williams.

EvilMonkey
11-18-2007, 01:37 PM
i hate the timeout by McCarthy with a minute left. You're up 21-3 and you get the kick after the half and you have to be greedy to try to get the ball back and score while risking them still making a drive which we were lucky to get out of.

Boston
11-18-2007, 03:13 PM
How conservative did we just get in the second half? My god. That's the same damn way we lost the Bears game.

Jim Jim
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I felt like the team packed it home after they got up by that large margin. They were already thinking about Detroit.

ny10804
11-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Tramon Williams' 94-yard punt return TD (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80446b48)

This play was awesome/ridiculous/hilarious. Williams breaks two lineman's ankles, one of whom Atari Bigby completely whiffed on, sending them to the ground. Then, another lineman gets blindslided by Johnny Jolly, sending him flying. Then, Williams and Hunter nearly mess the whole thing up by colliding, but both are able to keep their balance. A couple seconds later, #56 Nick Barnett destroys #56 on the Panthers.

I think Jolly injured his shoulder making that block. He left the game with a shoulder injury.

cordscords
11-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Another 3 TD, 0 INT outing for Favre :)

Also I'm thrilled that Donald Lee has broken out this season!

Football Fan
11-18-2007, 05:04 PM
seriously, enough of the "easy game" talk. i could easily see the Packers coming out flat and digging themselves a hole early. it's happened before. and every year, no matter how good they are, there will be one embarrassing loss over the course of the year. and with 2 monster games coming, up, this panthers game has all the makings of a let down.
I didnt want to jinx the game but, the game pretty much was a blowout as it should have been based on the packers continually improving play. Now the next 2 games worry me, short week for the detroit game and then dallas.
p.s. the packers are going to the super bowl.

GB12
11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I didnt want to jinx the game but, the game pretty much was a blowout as it should have been based on the packers continually improving play. Now the next 2 games worry me, short week for the detroit game and then dallas.
p.s. the packers are going to the super bowl.
Both of them have the same situation as us though. People are making to much out of that.

Football Fan
11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Both of them have the same situation as us though. People are making to much out of that.Except the packers are playing on the road, which makes the short week tougher. The packers have been an excellent road team so that should help. I think it should be another 10 point + victory for the pack anyway. I hope they do a good job protecting the ball in the game though, detroit has been outstanding at creating turnovers.

NickCollins36
11-18-2007, 06:25 PM
nick barnett completly layed sum guy out
lmao

Favre4ever
11-18-2007, 07:49 PM
How about Rouse? Some here were saying that he couldnt cover, well not only can he cover, he got a pick and almost got another one and was at the right place everytime. Great game for him.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually just missed 2 other INT's. I'm a defender of Nick Collins and a fan of Nick Collins. But I love seeing that freak of nature Safety out there. Luckily he's in a defense where he can hardly get taken advantage of, and hopefully he can fine tune his game to where he's more of a consistent force. Remember he played Rover at Virginia Tech, which is basically what Bigby plays now. Most of the time Rouse is playing Center Field. Safety seems to have become a strength and not a weakness.

But one thing that not many people are talking about, is Atari Bigby is an Unrestricted Free Agent this off season. I expect TT to either wait towards the end of the year to start negotiations, or wait til the off season, then there is a full body of work, instead of signing a guy after playing and starting less than a season. Similar to Jenkins deal, they started tacking I think towards the end of the playing season but signed him before Free Agency started when playing was done.