PDA

View Full Version : BF51 Mock V 5.0

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
EDIT: I re-did the mock as of 11-17 after watching a lot of backed up TIVO.

1st Round
1) Miami Dolphins- Glenn Dorsey, Defensive Tackle, LSU
- I think the general consensus here is that this isn't the year for Miami to be picking #1. That said they need some youth on their d-line. Dorsey isn't the most perfect fit, but they're likely to do a lot of transitioning in and out anyway, so he's the pick.

2) St. Louis Rams- Jake Long, Offensive Tackle, Michigan
-Another instance where they likely would not want to pick this high. Unlike others, I'm not totally sold that Long can't play LT, but worst case scenario they get a tremendous RT for years to come.

3) New York Jets- Darren McFadden, Runningback, Arkansas
-A lot of people argue that this pick is about sexyness over substance. I disagree, mostly because I question how much longer Thomas Jones can be the feature runner in the NFL. Even with the Bears he shared a lot with Benson. I think McFadden is the best player and immediately upgrades their offense.

4) Oakland Raiders- Chris Long, Defensive End, Virginia
-While some have said that Al Davis won't be enthralled enough with Long's measurables, come on...it's Howie Long's friggin son. Not to mention the production, and the serious need that Oakland has on the D-line.

5) New England f/SF- Malcolm Jenkins, Cornerback, Ohio State
-It really comes down to CB or MLB one would think (though I think the Pats take McFadden if they can). The Niners will likely lose more than this, but for some reason my # system has them here. Meh.. Anyway, I think the grade on Jenkins is higher than The Animal, thus the pick.

6) Atlanta Falcons- Andre Woodson, Quarterback, Kentucky
-The fire on Woodson has cooled a bit, but I'm holding the minority that after the workouts Woodson will be the one. I don't buy the Brohm connection. That's just not how the NFL works.

7) Baltimore Ravens- Matt Ryan, Quarterback, Boston College
-Regardless of the coaching situation, they're going to need a new franchise QB, as Boller is far too inconsistant to be "the guy". Ryan gets the nod over Brohm here.

8) Cincinnati Bengals- Sedrick Ellis, Defensive Tackle, USC
-I originally had Campbell here, but this draft is shaping up to have pretty good depth at DE, and the same can't be said for the inside. Plus you just can't ignore Ellis' production so far this year. I considered The Animal here as well.

9) Carolina Panthers- Brian Brohm, Quarterback, Louisville
-Jake Delhomme isn't quite dead yet, so a franchise QB isn't imperative, but at this point they've got to strongly consider it, as the value at QB falls off dramatically after the top 3. Phillips or Laurinaitis are possibilities, but at this point I think they'll go QB, especially with what will likely be a new coaching staff.

10) Minnesota Vikings- Kenny Phillips, Safety, Miami
-Now that Calais Campbell is available that complicates it a bit, but the Vikings have invested so many draft picks at DE in the past few years that it makes it less likely they will do so here. The pass defense is terrible, which is about the only thing wrong with this defense. Phillips will have a good mentor in Darren Sharper.

11) Kansas City Chiefs- Ryan Clady, Offensive Tackle, Boise State
-After watching a lot of film of Boise State as of late I've come away more impressive with Clady than I was before. He's jumped Baker in my book.

12) Houston Texans- Jonathan Stewart, Runningback, Oregon
-Runningback of offensive tackle? The truth is that the line has done a pretty decent job this year, and now that Carr is gone it's become somewhat more clear who the biggest problem was. Stewart will be the type of back that will make his own holes and punish defenders, much like another Houston back of lore, Earl Campbell.

13) Denver Broncos- James Laurinaitis, Linebacker, Ohio State
-It's become pretty clear that D.J Williams is pretty suited as a WILL and that the Broncos need more solid tackling up the middle. Enter The Animal.

Chicago trades the 14th pick in the 2008 NFL draft to the Washington Redskins for the 18th pick and the 82nd pick in the 2008 NFL draft
14) Washington Redskins- Calais Campbell, Defensive End, Miami
-This is the impact DE that Washington has been needing for years. Andre Carter is having a very nice season, but Phillip Daniels was washed up 5 years ago. Campbell would give this defense a whole new dynamic and compliment the other talent tremendously.

15) Philadelphia Eagles- Desean Jackson, Wide Reciever, California
-Would you start the Kevin Kolb era with Kevin Curtis as your #1 reciever? The truth is that this team hasn't been the same since TO left, and whoever the QB is they're going to need someone to stretch the field and take pressure off of Westbrook to create the whole offense. Campbell is a consideration here simply out of tremendous value, but at the end of the day this is a much bigger need.

16) Arizona Cardinals- Vernon Gholtson, Hybrid 3-4, Ohio State
-For those of you not paying attention, Gholston had his national coming out party against Michigan. He could go much earlier, but is a certain lock at this point for the top 20 if he chooses to come out.

17) Buffalo Bills- Malcolm Kelley, Wide Receiver, Oklahoma
-The Bills could really use another reciever opposite Lee Evans. I'm not solid, unlike most Bills fans, that Kelley is the type of guy that Fairchild would go for as he prefers shifty speedsters. But if he can run the sub 4.5 40 that most people are expecting he's the most reasonable pick here.

18) Chicago Bears (f/Was)- Sam Baker, Offensive Tackle, Southern California
-Could Sexy Rexy be back next year? He'll have another chance to earn at least one more year. With the top 3 quarterbacks gone the Bears turn to OT and the best value here is Baker. If the Bears cut ties with Fred Miller he'll likely have to start right away, a rather daunting task for Baker, but he's got plenty of experience playing against top competition.

19) New Orleans Saints- Dan Conner, Linebacker, Penn State University
-The Saints could use lots of things on defense, so cornerback could be a real possibility here, that said I think Conner seems like a Sean Payton type and would give them an athletic presence from the linebacker position.

20) Dallas Cowboys (f/Cleveland)- Aqib Talib, Cornerback, Kansas
-The value of Talib varies depending upon who you talk to, but I at least have him as my 2nd corner, and think he would be good value here. The Cowboys don't have a ton of needs but Henry has been banged up this year and that has been exposed at times. Regardless, depth is needed at the least.

The Tampa Bay Bucs trade the 21st pick in the 2008 NFL draft to the New York Jets for the 35th pick and the 67th picks in the 2008 NFL draft
21) New York Jets- Quentin Groves, Hybrid 3-4, Auburn
-The Jets have a bit of a history of trading up as of late and I could see it here again. Passing on Chris Long earlier in the 1st they get their defensive playmaker here in Groves.

22) Detroit Lions- Gosder Cherilus, Offensive Tackle, Boston College
-This is a bit of an unorthodox pick, but as long as Mike Martz is the OC the Lions need to seriously consider upgrading their RT position. In the Coryell system the RT is almost as important as the LT position because there are so many 7-8 step drops. George Foster has been a complete waste.

23) Seattle Seahawks- Rashard Mendenhall, Runningback, Illinois
-SA is done. D-O-N-E. Maurice Morris is a fine player but is much better served as a backup. Mendenhall has had a tremendous season and would be a great fit for Illinois system.

24) San Diego Chargers- Rey Mauauluga, Linebacker, Southern Cal
-Maualuga has said that he's not coming out, but I don't buy that for a second. Once he looks at how weak the ILB position has been I think he'll bite. Unless he's that concerned about winning a national title he really has little else to prove anyway. The Chargers have lacked talent at the ILB for years so this pick makes sense. I consider Okam too much of a reach quite frankly.

25) Jacksonville Jaguars- Derrick Harvey, Defensive End, Florida
-The Jags have had a hard time finding a passrusher for years and are very fortunate that the hometown boy Harvey is available here.

26) Tennessee Titans- Early Doucett III, Wide Reciever, Louisiana State
- Reciever seems to be the pick of choice here, though I think the O-line is more of a problem than most people realize. It comes down to Doucett, Hardy, and Bowman here, and I lean Doucett due to upside. Young has a good deep ball so they should search for a player to compliment that.

27) New York Giants- Reggie Smith, Defensive Back, Oklahoma
-I've been giving the Giants Smith for weeks. No change here.

28) Pittsburgh Steelers- Michael Oher, Offensive Tackle, Ole Miss
-He doesn't have the buzz that Otah apparently does now, but I'm not sure I'm buying into all that. Oher versatility would be of great benefit to the Steelers, as they will likely have multiple changes on the line this year.

29) San Francisco 49’ers- Dre Moore, Defensive Tackle, Maryland
-The Niners offense is epically bad, but solutions can be found later. At this point Moore is too good to pass on.

30) Green Bay Packers- Felix Jones, Runningback, Arkansas
-Don't ask me why but I had a change of heart. The more I think about Favre retiring the more I think the Packers are going to be desperate for a playmaker runningback. Ryan Grant is doing pretty well right now but let's face it, defenses aren't coming in trying to stop the runningame; with A-Rod they will be.

31) Dallas Cowboys- Steve Slaton, Runningback, West Virginia
-Slaton hasn't had replicated the production of his sophmore seasons but WVU is still winning, a tremendous talent that would compliment Barber's bruising style very well.

2nd Round
33) Miami- Antoine Cason, Cornerback, Arizona
34) St. Louis- Pat Sims, Defensive Tackle, Auburn
35) Tampa Bay (f/New York)- James Hardy, Wide Reciever, Indiana
36) Oakland- Tony Hills, Offensive Tackle, Texas
37) San Francisco- Adarius Bowman, Wide Reciever, Oklahoma State
38) Atlanta- Kevin Smith, Runningback, Central Florida
39) Baltimore- Jack Ikegwuonu, Cornerback, Wisconsin
40) Cincinnati- Keith Rivers, Linebacker, Southern California
41) Carolina- Lawrence Jackson, Defensive End, Southern California
42) Minnesota- DJ Hall, Wide Reciever, Alabama
43) Kansas City- Mike Jenkins, Cornerback, South Florida
44) Atlanta f/Houston- Chris Williams, Offensive Tackle, Vanderbilt
45) Denver- Ray Rice, Runningback, Rutgers
46) Chicago- Dennis Dixon, Quarterback, Oregon
47) Philadelphia- Barry Richardson, Offensive Tackle, Clemson
48) Arizona- Dejuan Tribble, Cornerback, Boston College
49) Buffalo- Terrell Thomas, Cornerback, Southern Cal
50) Washington- Earl Bennett, Wide Reciever, Vanderbilt
51) New Orleans- Dwight Lowry, Cornerback, San Jose State
52) Cleveland- Frank Okam, Nose Tackle, Texas
53) Tampa Bay- Chevis Jackson, Cornerback, Louisiana State
54) Detroit- Charles Godfrey, Cornerback, Iowa
55) Seattle- Fred Davis, Tight End, Southern Cal
56) Miami (f/SD)- Beau Bell, Linebacker, UNLV
57) Jacksonville- Erin Henderson, Linebacker, Maryland
58) Tennessee- Titus Brown, Defensive End, Mississippi State
59) New York Giants- Xavier Adibi, Linebacker, Virginia Tech
60) Pittsburgh- Shawn Crable, Linebacker, Michigan
61) Indianapolis- Jonathan Goff, Linebacker, Vanderbilt
62) Green Bay- Craig Steltz, Safety, Louisiana State
63) Dallas- Limas Sweed, Wide Receiver, Texas
64) New England- Tashard Choice, Runningback, Georgia Tech

3rd Round
65) Miami-Kirk Barton, Offensive Tackle, Ohio State
66) St. Louis- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Cornerback, Tennesee State
67) Tampa Bay (f/New York)- Colt Brennan, Quarterback, Hawaii
68) New England (f/Oakland)- Jeremy Leman, Linebacker, Illinois
69) San Francisco- Chris Ellis, Hybrid 3-4, Virginia Tech
70) Atlanta- Kentwan Balmer, Defensive Tackle, North Carolina
71) Buffalo (f/Bal)- Myron Bolden, Defensive Tackle, Kentucky
72) Cincinnati- Wallace Gilberry, Defensive End, Alabama
73) Carolina- Jamar Adams, Safety, Michigan
74) Minnesota- Josh Johnson, Quarterback, San Diego
75) Kansas City- Heath Benedict, Offensive Line, Newberry
76) Houston- Quetin Demps, Safety, UTEP
77) Denver- Greyson Gunheim, Defensive End, Washington
78) Chicago- Jamar Adams, Safety, Michigan
79) Philadelphia- Martin Rucker, Tight End, Missouri
80) Arizona- Mike Hart, Runningback, Michigan
81) Buffalo- Jacob Tamme, Tight End, Kentucky
82) Chicago (f/Was)- Chris Johnson, Runningback, East Carolina
83) New Orleans- Mike McGlynn, Offensive Tackle, Pittsburgh
84) Cleveland- Justin Forsett, Runningback, California
85) Tampa Bay- Cory Boyd, Runningback, South Carolina
86) Detroit- Tavares Gooden, Linebacker, Miami
87) Seattle- Demario Presseley, Defensive Tackle, North Carolina State
88) Chicago (f/SD)- Harry Douglass, Wide Reciever, Louisville
89) Jacksonville- Eric Young, Guard, Tennessee
90) Tennessee- Steve Justice, Center, Wake Forest
91) New York Giants- Lavelle Hawkins, Wide Reciever, California
92) Pittsburgh- Donnie Avery, Wide Reciever, Houston
93) Indianapolis- Roy Schuening, Guard, Oregon State
94) Green Bay- Terrance Wheatley, Cornerback, Colorado
95) Dallas- Jonathan Hefney, Safety, Tennessee
96) New England- Erik Ainge, Quarterback, Tennessee

Turtlepower
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Reggie Smith is a beast and Erin Henderson is a big school sleeper. I like your draft very much. =D

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I like the Oakland picks.

GB12
11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Good first round, I'm still not liking Mike Hart though. I don't see what he brings that we don't already have between Grant/Morency/Wynn/Jackson/Herron.

neko4
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Love the pack 2nd rounder, and only like the first because Jake shutdown Hardy. A very tough thing to do. Not sure what else he has down.

Also like
-That you have Hardy in the first
-Dre as the 3rd DT where he belongs
-Henderson as a 2nd, I hope he doesnt come out though

Dislike
-That you have Cason in the 2nd
-Matt Ryan in the early first, I just dont see it anymore

osi+ap=allshallperish
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I love Reggie Smith in the first but would perfer another DB in the second, I think Justin King is available in this mock. I think he'd be a great compliment to Aaron Ross.

Chucky
11-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I dont like the the Groves pick( even though I am an Auburn fan), i think he is more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE. The DJ Hall pick is just OK

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I love Reggie Smith in the first but would perfer another DB in the second, I think Justin King is available in this mock. I think he'd be a great compliment to Aaron Ross.
Justin King and Phil Loadholt are the only underclassmen not eligible in this mock, as I can't convince myself that either would come out.

Everyone else is up for grabs.

GB12
11-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't know why so many people are getting this wrong. It's Jack Ikegwuonu not Jake, Jack. I expect people to not get the last name, but the first is easy.

neko4
11-12-2007, 10:30 PM
How do you pronounce that anyway
Ike gwoo uno?
Icky gwoo no?

princefielder28
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
How do you pronounce that anyway
Ike gwoo uno?
Icky gwoo no?

Ike-a-gwan-new

Hines
11-12-2007, 10:35 PM
love the mock, A+

toonsterwu
11-12-2007, 10:35 PM
I dunno if it's a good thing that I inspired you to procrastinate and make a mock. Eh ... I'll treat it as a good thing. Umm ... I don't have the tendency to comment on others mocks anymore, but since I was your inspiration

I can buy 1-9 even if I don't agree with it.

Kenny Phillips with the Vikes? Hmm ... interesting. I'll be curious what Vikes fans say. That said, going through it, does make some sense. You've got Jackson close, so I'd give that consideration, although what the offensive scheme is may be a big factor on that.

Between Clady or Baker, I would think that Clady's upside might be a tad more intriguing to the Chiefs. I can see 12 with a good time. I know another Broncos fan thought Ellis as well, but I just question an interior tandem of Thomas and Ellis for the Broncos and whether or not it makes sense. I'm not really sold on the Eagles going WR in the first. It's one of those cases where history really seems strong in part due to the complex responsibilities for WR's in that offense. Bu that I said, I could see it, I guess. Not one too judge history as the end all and be all of it.

Could see 16. Not sold on the Kelly fit for Fairchild's schemes. I can see 18. If Connor is deserving, I can see 19 as Connor seems like the type of player that Payton may like. I can see 20. Not sold on 21 considering they are still slowly working Gaines in, and they probably have other needs that can be addressed. I can probably see 22-24, although with their ILB depth, admittedly I hadn't given much thought to Maualuga. I'm not sure the Jaguars really need a LB that bad, although I could be wrong. Rest of the first round I could see as possible.

Not sure on the Rams and DT. Really like Moore, but they seem really big on Carriker/Ryan. I could see a depth addition later, but 2nd round? I'd imagine end might be a higher consideration. Raiders could use a WR, just not sure I see it happening. But only time will tell there if the board falls that way. Not sure on Moala and the Bengals. They really like Peko. Granted, if they finish that high, they'll probably get new coaches, so who knows.

I know a lot of Panthers fans want DL ... but do they give up on Charles Johnson this quick? I'm not sure Jackson's grade will be that much better than Johnson's. Two OL for KC, eh? Could definitely use it ... just wonder if it's more prudent to wait for a bit to add someone and target another spot here. Perhaps CB. I can see 44-46 as possibilities. I'm just not sold on Eagles going OL early, although a lot of people seem to have had that.

I'm not sure on Vince Hall and the Fins. Granted, I guess it depends on if Capers is there, but I'm not sold on them going with Hall as an option. I'm not sure on Steelers and Crable after drafting Timmons/Woodley. Does Indy need a LB that high? I could see a lot of the picks as possibilities if there values are there.

NIN1984
11-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah two great Raider picks.

The Dynasty
11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Kenny Phillips with the Vikes? Hmm ... interesting. I'll be curious what Vikes fans say. That said, going through it, does make some sense. You've got Jackson close, so I'd give that consideration, although what the offensive scheme is may be a big factor on that.

Ive been really only looking at these but most the viking fans on here want Phillips to replace Sharper. Although Jackson would be nice since our WR's arent good. Rice is the only one we have hope for.

furiousgod
11-12-2007, 10:41 PM
great raider picks

NYGibril28
11-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Great Giants draft. I like Reggie Smith to play FS for the G-Men, letting Gibril play SS, where he's better suited.

Not too familiar with Erin Henderson, but I know some people are high on him and either way, it's a LB.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 10:47 PM
A few comments for Toonster.

1) I had a problem with the Bucs pick. What they want doesn't realy corespond to the value there, and I didn't do trades. They have a good defense but even if Adams excells they need someone else on the other side, and I think Groves can get after the passer in a 4-3.

2) The Jaguars pick of Rivers is a bit of a luxury one, as I don't see them with any glaring needs. Receiver is always an option but I think at some point they need to step away from that position and look elsewhere. Offensive Tackle could be a strong possibility there but again, I'm not as sold on the 2nd tier of tackles as some are.

3) Carriker at DT seems forced to me. I think they would move him outside if they could.

4) Peko or not, the Bengals really have nobody else inside.

5) The Raiders need a gamebreaker on offense. I guess Johnny Lee Higgins could fill that role, but having Jamarcus Russell as your QB without a deep threat is like buying a cadillac without any wheels.

6) I don't know if drafting Jackson would equate with "giving up" as most teams use a DE rotation. Regardless, if they were that high on him you think he'd be seeing some playing time by now with how sorry Rucker has looked.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Ive been really only looking at these but most the viking fans on here want Phillips to replace Sharper. Although Jackson would be nice since our WR's arent good. Rice is the only one we have hope for.

I went back and forth on Phillips and Jackson.

My basic reasoning was this. The Vikings offense isn't going to be good whether they draft Jackson or not, but Phillips could go a long way towards making a good defense with a serious flaw much more competitive.

Moses
11-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Damn it BF51, now I have to create a mock this week. :(

Anyways, a few comments:

Glad somebody agrees with me that McFadden will not be passed on by a team who does not have a franchise runningback. I just don't see any player in this draft worth taking over him unless you already have his position filled.

Would Al Davis pull the trigger on Chris Long? I'm not so sure. Something tells me that after workouts Calais Campbell's stock will be right back up and Chris Long will have a tough time being selected ahead of him.

James Laurinaitis. Am I missing something with this kid or does he not deserve to be a top 15 pick? Seems like he has everything teams look for in a moderm NFL linebacker and the production to back it up. If A.J. Hawk can go #5, why can't he be up there?

yo123
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Good picks for the Vikings. Sharper is getting old and as of now I like Ainge just as much as the big 3.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Damn it BF51, now I have to create a mock this week. :(

Anyways, a few comments:

Glad somebody agrees with me that McFadden will not be passed on by a team who does not have a franchise runningback. I just don't see any player in this draft worth taking over him unless you already have his position filled.

Would Al Davis pull the trigger on Chris Long? I'm not so sure. Something tells me that after workouts Calais Campbell's stock will be right back up and Chris Long will have a tough time being selected ahead of him.

James Laurinaitis. Am I missing something with this kid or does he not deserve to be a top 15 pick? Seems like he has everything teams look for in a moderm NFL linebacker and the production to back it up. If A.J. Hawk can go #5, why can't he be up there?
I go back and forth about The Animal to both Denver and New Orleans. At the end of the day my gut tells me that a fair amount of teams will talk themselves out of taking him due to overexposure.

Then again the opposite happened with Ted Ginn, so it only takes one team.

Babylon
11-12-2007, 10:58 PM
9 receivers taken and no Jordy Nelson,6-3 220lbs. 4.4 40 with 99 catches and 1350 yds in the tough B12. Whatever.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
9 receivers taken and no Jordy Nelson,6-3 220lbs. 4.4 40 with 99 catches and 1350 yds in the tough B12. Whatever.
Haha...where in the world do you get that Nelson runs a 4.4? From everything I've seen he runs a 40 over 4.5, hence his low stock.

Babylon
11-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Haha...where in the world do you get that Nelson runs a 4.4? From everything I've seen he runs a 40 over 4.5, hence his low stock.

He ran a 10.6 100 meters in the state 100 finals. KSU radio crew says he runs a 4.3 but to me that's not accurate. Anthony Gonzalez ran a high 4.44 at the combine. Nelson is faster than him in my opinion.

Moses
11-12-2007, 11:07 PM

He's also closer to 210 pounds than 220 I bet. Hell, he's even listed at 213 on his school website which means he's likely less than 210.

T-RICH49
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Tgomas or Cason in RD 2 CB is as major need as OL is

bearsfan_51
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
He ran a 10.6 100 meters in the state 100 finals. KSU radio crew says he runs a 4.3 but to me that's not accurate. Anthony Gonzalez ran a high 4.44 at the combine. Nelson is faster than him in my opinion.

Unless there's a more credible source than the KSU radio crew I'm sticking with the numbers I've actually seen. We'll see though.

Babylon
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Unless there's a more credible source than the KSU radio crew I'm sticking with the numbers I've actually seen. We'll see though.

Like i said i dont buy their 4.3 claim either, i agree with you, we'll see. I will add if he does run a 4.4 at the combine at his size, with his hands and work ethic you're talking a 1st round pick. Dont you want to be on the cutting edge by scooping everyone on this guy?

Crow
11-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Long is perfect.

Manningham is intriguing, but I could go my whole life without drafting a Michigan WR and be content. Bowman, Felix, Moala, Oher...all have a safer vibe to them.

xooberon
11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
great first round for the panthers. with how pathetic our offense has been this season i would rather we went OT in the second with either chris williams or tony hills, both are good fits with the ZBS (could be wrong about williams..)

Vikes99ej
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm thinking give us Sam Baker in the first and Earl Bennett in the second. The right side is giving us a lot of trouble.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
i dislike ignoring the worst part of our run defense until at least the 4th round. not that it's impossible, given the quality (or lack thereof) of our personnel department.

i still completely disagree with any broncos fan who thinks DT is our biggest need. this is a team that went to the AFCC without a real DT but WITH a real MLB. *shrug*
Do you think Laurinaitis would be a better pick? Usuaully Ellis goes off earlier in my mocks and that's option 1B. The Broncos would be better served moving Williams back to his more natural position IMO.

Bills2083
11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I like the pick of Malcolm Kelly in the first. I don't know much about Myron Pryor, but I like the position choice. IMO, Cason and Thomas could also be choices there.

TitanHope
11-13-2007, 02:36 PM
James Hardy in the 1st RD is an excellent pick for the Titans.

Brian Cushing in the 2nd RD is peculiar. The Titans run a 4-3 defense. That would mean than Cushing would play DE or OLB. He's far too undersized to play DE, especially considering he'd be placed at LE as Vanden Bosch is at RE or we'd have to switch KVB to LE and thus take away the force of him and Haynesworth coming from the same side. Then there's OLB, and that wouldn't work either. Currently, we have Keith Bullock at SLB and David Thornton as WLB. In my opinion, he's a SLB as he doesn't have the capability to play WLB. And there's no way he starts over Bulluck. We could switch Bulluck to WLB, but Thornton is currently leading our defense in tackles and is a very good player in his own right. Either way, if he's drafted he'll be a player who doesn't really fit our system and riding the bench for two seasons. So poor pick in my opinion, but I know you just did this real quick as you needed to get to work. Anyway, TE and OL/DL depth would be better selections, or even CB pending on PacMan's situation.

Scotty D
11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Nice Lions mock. I'd also think about going with Cherilous and Erin Henderson.

d34ng3l021
11-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Felix Jones? We already have Jerious Norwood. They are almost the same back, except Norwood runs harder. We would need a powerback. Plus, we would secure OL with Barry Richardson with the first 2nd round pick. Then with the second 2nd round pick, we could either get another OT, or maybe Okam, or a powerback.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Felix Jones? We already have Jerious Norwood. They are almost the same back, except Norwood runs harder. We would need a powerback. Plus, we would secure OL with Barry Richardson with the first 2nd round pick. Then with the second 2nd round pick, we could either get another OT, or maybe Okam, or a powerback.

Define "powerback".

fenikz
11-13-2007, 03:19 PM
For the Cardinals, Groves >>> Harvey and no way we take a RB the 1st day unless Run DMC falls to us . Give us Cason int he 2nd.

PACKmanN
11-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Sorry I don't want a cover 2 CB to play 4-3 CB, I don't want a Jason David. I would go with Mike Jenkins better or even Felix Jones.

bored of education
11-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Awesome love it for KC

bored of education
11-13-2007, 03:58 PM
as long as Charles Godfrey or Patrick Lee is drafted in the 3rd round

bearsfan_51
11-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Sorry I don't want a cover 2 CB to play 4-3 CB, I don't want a Jason David. I would go with Mike Jenkins better or even Felix Jones.

What makes Ike a cover 2 corner? He individually shut down Hardy and Manningham. He's faster and bigger than Jenkins, and fail to see why he would be more suited for a cover 2 than anyone else.

scottyboy
11-13-2007, 04:26 PM
LOVE the giants 1st pick. Smith fits perfectly. I think Henderson is a MLB more suited to play MLB in the pros.(i could be mistaken though) and we need a OLB. if he does play OLB, my bad, nice pick

aNYtitan
11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Hmmm...I gues James Hardy would be the BPA and need pick for the Titans. I just don't know enough about him except that he has just skyrocketed up the charts. In the second, Brian Cushing would be great, as he is a very good LB, but I believe we have to upgrade the offense and give Vince Young another weapon, such as a TE. Martin Rucker or John Carlson would be a greater need pick.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
LOVE the giants 1st pick. Smith fits perfectly. I think Henderson is a MLB more suited to play MLB in the pros.(i could be mistaken though) and we need a OLB. if he does play OLB, my bad, nice pick
This is my own subjective intepretation but I would consider Henderson someone that could play MIKE or WILL (though he's a little small for a MIKE)

scottyboy
11-13-2007, 05:03 PM
This is my own subjective intepretation but I would consider Henderson someone that could play MIKE or WILL (though he's a little small for a MIKE)

ok, dont know much about him except his a tackling machine.

oh and he went to Maryland, so i dont like him... unless he becomes a Giant

skinzzfan25
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Solid mock. Personally I'd go Cason instead of Thomas at 50, but they are interchangeable.

Caddy
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
I am definitely not a fan of taking another defensive end in the 1st round for the Buccaneers. I know there isn't really any other players at that stage in your mock which would suit the Buc's, but hopefully by draft time DE won't even have to be contemplated till the 2nd/3rd/4th round.

diabsoule
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Absolutely excellent Saints and Steelers mock. Probably the best I've seen for both teams. Great job.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2007, 10:13 PM
I am definitely not a fan of taking another defensive end in the 1st round for the Buccaneers. I know there isn't really any other players at that stage in your mock which would suit the Buc's, but hopefully by draft time DE won't even have to be contemplated till the 2nd/3rd/4th round.

Who would you have taken at that point?

I considered runningback, but do they really given up on Cadillac at this point? Not to mention that they're backups have been very serviceable.

Wide Reciever is always consideration but Hardy doesn't really seem to fit as they already have their share of tall recievers.

Quarterback is out of the question at that point.

Offensive line is possible, but unless Trueblood can switch to LT Cherilus doesn't make much sense, and I don't buy Chris Williams in the 1st round.

Also, who is the other DE across from Adams? Obviously Adams is to replace Rice but who replaces White? Groves seems like a good fit there considering the other options.

Maybe cornerback or someone like Dre Moore, though I don't buy Moore's stock being that high.

Crazy_Chris
11-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Nice job with the vikings. I haven't had the oppurtunity to watch much of ainge so im not sure what to make of that pick. However I love the Kenny Phillips pick.

Jakey
11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
I like it for the Steelers...but i would rather have Chris Williams in round 1, just a personal preferance. But love the Crable in round 2!!! =D

asmitty45
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I wish you drafted for us. I LOVE this draft for the Lions

jackalope
11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I love Ikegwuono in the first. Fits our #1 need and I'm a big fan of him. I think I've seen that pick in the last 4 mocks I've seen now.

Not a fan of Hart in the 2nd. I don't see him as much of an improvement over who we have already.

Xiomera
11-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Very nice Lions picks, despite the fact that one of them is a Buckeye.

bearsfan_51
11-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Instead of starting a new thread I simply redid it here. After watching a lot of TIVO'ed stuff this afternoon I changed my thoughts on a few things.

PACKmanN
11-18-2007, 01:41 AM
no to Craig Steltz, NO! he would be a bust, the guy cant cover. Give us Martin Rucker in the second and Tracy Porter in the third.

bearsfan_51
11-18-2007, 01:42 AM
no to Craig Steltz, NO! he would be a bust, the guy cant cover. Give us Martin Rucker in the second and Tracy Porter in the third.

He can't cover? He just had two picks tonight alone.

PACKmanN
11-18-2007, 01:47 AM
He can't cover? He just had two picks tonight alone.

did he see the blown coverage on the 3rd and 24? I don't care about stats, he cant cover.

Also what is the need for him? we have Collins starting at FS and Rouse or Bigby taking care of the SS spot....

bearsfan_51
11-18-2007, 01:49 AM
did he see the blown coverage on the 3rd and 24? I don't care about stats, he cant cover.

Also what is the need for him? we have Collins starting at FS and Rouse or Bigby taking care of the SS spot....

Rouse is an absolute moron. He's good for 2-3 idiotic plays a game. Trust me, if you guys were losing you would be complaining a LOT more. Quite frankly Collins is having a pretty subpar season as well.

I'll say this, I would take Donald Lee at TE over Rouse at SS any day of the week.

PACKmanN
11-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Rouse is an absolute moron. He's good for 2-3 idiotic plays a game. Trust me, if you guys were losing you would be complaining a LOT more. Quite frankly Collins is having a pretty subpar season as well.

I'll say this, I would take Donald Lee at TE over Rouse at SS any day of the week.

the reason Collins is doing subpar is because of his easy dropped INTs. He could have had 5-7 picks but he keeps on dropping them. Other then that he doing fine.

Rouse has to learn to stop always going for the big hit and also that was his first game vs one of the best running backs in the NFL.

I'm not saying Rucker would take Lee spot but Franks is due 4.5 million dollars next year and I doubt we keep him. Rucker would be our second TE.

Moses
11-18-2007, 02:49 AM

I've barely seen any of Rouse since he's barely played this year. He's actually surprised me because he's been in position but he's missed a couple tackles, which is the exact opposite of what I would expect of him. Hopefully he tightens up his technique, but I'm not sold on him as a starter.

Collins...what an enigma. I can't get a read on this kid. He flashes brilliance but he obviously still has a lot of work to go mentally in his 3rd season. Not sure he can be more than average.

TitleTown088
11-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Perfecto packer picks. However, this is blasphemy..... with A-Rod they will be.

Ravens1991
11-18-2007, 09:39 AM
nice Ravens draft

Crow
11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Hills to Oakland would not offend.

skinzzfan25
11-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I like the new update.

Hopefully we could groom Campbell into the next big thing. And Bennett is an alright selection. I wouldn't mind Chevis Jackson or Erin Henderson there either.

A Perfect Score
11-18-2007, 11:35 AM
<3...matt ryan and jack ikegwuonu? i couldnt ask for anyhitng better. Im not sold on ryan, but i have a feeling that we will take a QB and if i had to have on this year it would be ryan. and jack is my favourite CB in this class, and we have zero depth there. Perfect mock. good job.

DaBears0530
11-18-2007, 01:34 PM
I love the dixon pick !! he would do great with the bears..

diabsoule
11-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I love the first two picks for the Saints. I don't know much about the Mike McGlynn so I can't really comment.

bearsfan_51
11-18-2007, 02:15 PM

I've barely seen any of Rouse since he's barely played this year. He's actually surprised me because he's been in position but he's missed a couple tackles, which is the exact opposite of what I would expect of him. Hopefully he tightens up his technique, but I'm not sold on him as a starter.

Collins...what an enigma. I can't get a read on this kid. He flashes brilliance but he obviously still has a lot of work to go mentally in his 3rd season. Not sure he can be more than average.
Yeah I was thinking of Bigby, not Rouse. I know almost nothing about Rouse.

oldLibid21
11-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Atlanta's picks were all bad except Woodson and Chris Williams. Even Chris Williams was bad though considering we need a top left tackle now, not one that is being questioned to be a right tackle.

NYGibril28
11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Great job. Smith and Adibi/Wheeler is my dream 1st two rounds. Hawkins is a nice pick in the 3rd.

bearsfan_51
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Atlanta's picks were all bad except Woodson and Chris Williams. Even Chris Williams was bad though considering we need a top left tackle now, not one that is being questioned to be a right tackle.
Uh huh. Who would you take and why?

Scotty D
11-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Did you redo this mock? Lions mock is really good.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-18-2007, 04:01 PM
I like the recent changes you made. The whole mock looks pretty good.

Bearsfan123
11-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Id prefer,

1st- Sam Baker- Same
2nd- Limas Sweed- We need another WR threat.
3rda- Jamar Adams- Same Really dont know much about him but meh.
3rdb- Erik Ainge QB- I really like him. And Dennis Dixon is too high IMO. (not sure how good of a pro-prospect Dixon is)
3rdc-Eric Young- Our O-line needs a renovation.

regoob2
11-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Id prefer,

1st- Sam Baker- Same
2nd- Limas Sweed- We need another WR threat.
3rda- Jamar Adams- Same Really dont know much about him but meh.
3rdb- Erik Ainge QB- I really like him. And Dennis Dixon is too high IMO. (not sure how good of a pro-prospect Dixon is)
3rdc-Eric Young- Our O-line needs a renovation.

unlikely but that would be an unbelievable day one