PDA

View Full Version : Skins vs. Cowboys

SeanTaylorRIP
11-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Why should I even post, we'll lose by 50. We already had 2% chance to win but now we learn Sean Taylor is out 2 weeks with sprained knee and it's gone to a zero percent chance we win. As if losing Carlos wasn't enough.

DMWSackMachine
11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Of all the teams that I worry about for no reason whatsoever, the Redskins are by far at the top of the list.

Last season's bizarre last second swing was simply the last in a long series of fluke victories for them in games where Dallas clearly outplayed them. We all remember the miracle back-to-back bombs that won for them the year before.

However, Dallas has had its share of unlikely victories when Washington was the better team, as well, though obviously not as many.

I expect Dallas to kill this team, thoroughly, through and through, but there are so many things that can go wrong in a game, there is no way to know how its going to turn out. Washington shouldn't be able to move the ball against us, and while their pass D is playing fairly well, no one can really stop Romo and the Boys right now, on top of all that, Washington's undersized D-line should get dominated by Dallas' bulk up front.

Still, like I said, who knows? I am fairly confident of the victory here, but I would definitely worry about the season-ending game in Washington.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 12:54 PM
the reason there is no buzz is because the cowboys are really good and i think every skins fan hates the direction this team is going.... still it is cowboys skins so who knows what can happen, but i still think we lose by 21+ with taylor and rogers out

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Well it's over without Sean Taylor and Carlos TO will continue to kill us. Reed f***** Doughty what trash.

thule
11-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Half time adjustment simply was....throw it downfield...nice to see it paid off.

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I think Jason Campbell has an eye behind his neck right below his helmet. He seems to know too well when the pressure is coming from behind.

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:22 PM
BS call right there. What was that? A make up call from something that should've been called before?

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:24 PM
the reason there is no buzz is because the cowboys are really good and i think every skins fan hates the direction this team is going.... still it is cowboys skins so who knows what can happen, but i still think we lose by 21+ with taylor and rogers out
Oh you guys love the direction your team is going. We hear it all the time after every FA and every draft...

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Look at Keenan McCardell going off... LMAO.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh you guys love the direction your team is going. We hear it all the time after every FA and every draft...

No you point that out every year. Jason Campbell does have a ways to go, he is 3 inches away on his throws from being a pro bowler. This team is not good right now, but we have potential to be good.

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:32 PM
No you point that out every year. Jason Campbell does have a ways to go, he is 3 inches away on his throws from being a pro bowler. This team is not good right now, but we have potential to be good.
I think you guys do a better job in the draft than FA. Never really been a fan of your spendings on your DL and WRs.

Campbell is impressive though. I like him more than Eli... or anything the Eagles have at QB.

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Tis a thing of beauty.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
You have to admit you wouldn't complete half of these passes down the middle if Sean Taylor was playing. Reed Doughty is loss, giving no support over the top, surprised the Boys don't have 80 points.

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
You have to admit you wouldn't complete half of these passes down the middle if Sean Taylor was playing. Reed Doughty is loss, giving no support over the top, surprised the Boys don't have 80 points.
Hey, we're playing Roy Williams... You should have 80 yourself. LOL. :D

This game is going to go down to the wire.

Turtlepower
11-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey, we're playing Roy Williams... You should have 80 yourself. LOL. :D

This game is going to go down to the wire.

Roy Williams is much better than Doughty. They shouldn't even be mentioned together.

brat316
11-18-2007, 05:51 PM
What the hell 4 tds

Chad India wishes he was there to help them cover

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Who ever that was that came flying in there should've slowed down and waited for TO to catch the ball and then tackle him.

Turtlepower
11-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Who ever that was that came flying in there should've slowed down and waited for TO to catch the ball and then tackle him.

And you don't tackle him at his ankles.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
wow i wish taylor was playing

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
LOL. Look at Roy. Poor thing.

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Congrats on the win, Redskins fans. ...Yes, I know there's 2 MIN left.

D-Unit
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
That's a killer 3 inches. That pass was just a little bit behind when T-New intercepted it.

I noticed he was off on all 3 of those passes on that series.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
wow good game, man if taylor was there i think we win that one

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2007, 06:28 PM
wow good game, man if taylor was there i think we win that one
Who cares we didn't you can't say that cause he didn't play but atleast we know Campbell is very good. And I hate people getting down on Springs, give him some slack how many guys can play clear minded when your father is in a coma told to have zero chance of survival, I applaud him for even being out there, I blame scrubs like Reed Doughty and Leigh Torrence.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
yup he wasnt, and the scheme didnt change which was ********, openly let our scrubs get ass blasted by to

HChu
11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm happy that we even kept it close. Reed Doughty and Pierson Prioleau should just go set themselves on fire though.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
yea im surprised we kept it close too, and even though they shoulda killed us IMO, it was a crushing defeat.... did anyone else think we got screwed on the macintosh int, i didnt see enough evidence to overturn the call

thule
11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
I just hope we don't have to play you guys week 17.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
what do u mean? home field?

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
yea im surprised we kept it close too, and even though they shoulda killed us IMO, it was a crushing defeat.... did anyone else think we got screwed on the macintosh int, i didnt see enough evidence to overturn the call

Honestly I think it was borderline, I don't think there was a clear enough shot showing his arm wasn't under, but at the same time it wasn't a rediculous reversal.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 06:41 PM
i guess, i wont blame the loss on it but it certainly had a major effect on the game, i really didnt think they were gonna overturn it

thule
11-18-2007, 06:41 PM
what do u mean? home field?

Well if we beat the Packers..than we can afford to give them a game...in which case we would still win the tie-breaker.

703SKINS202
11-18-2007, 06:44 PM
i cant wait to see that game, i honestly have been doubting the packers and didnt think they were as good as their record when they were around 5-1 but they just keep winning big, cant wait to see how they match against the cowboys

LonghornsLegend
11-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Great game, campbell looked very good and he was picking our secondary apart...I cant believe how open TO was on alot of those passes, as if Romo was looking for anyone else today...I just wish we would run the ball more instead of playing pass happy, id like to see a little more balance early on

thule
11-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Great game, campbell looked very good and he was picking our secondary apart...I cant believe how open TO was on alot of those passes, as if Romo was looking for anyone else today...I just wish we would run the ball more instead of playing pass happy, id like to see a little more balance early on

With 8 in the box you pass with 7 in the box you run....when we go to a 3 wide...we usually have 6 blocking and require our back to beat one guy one on one...we haven't been doing that...

skinzzfan25
11-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Good game, by both teams.

Two post game adjustments that the Redskins need to do, or plan for.

EXTEND SEAN TAYLOR. I don't care what he asks for, give it to him. Also, get a big 6'1+ WR. While Campbell was at Auburn, his shortest WR, I believe was 6'1. Campbell was doing great with Kennan fricken McCardell. Imagine if he had a Plexico or TO to throw too...

Campbell isn't used to throwing to the Redskins' midgets.

cowboysforever
11-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Roy Williams is much better than Doughty. They shouldn't even be mentioned together.

As a Linebacker maybe.

As Safety, don't think so.

Turtlepower
11-18-2007, 10:41 PM
As a Linebacker maybe.

As Safety, don't think so.

Seriously... I would take Roy Williams any day at safety vs. both of Taylor's replacements.

cowboysforever
11-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Seriously... I would take Roy Williams any day at safety vs. both of Taylor's replacements.

And you thought Archuleta sucked. Good riddance.

Turtlepower
11-19-2007, 12:15 AM
And you thought Archuleta sucked. Good riddance.

??? I have no idea what you are talking about... But at least Roy Williams can tackle. Neither one of those safeties could do that .Yeah Roy blows coverage a lot, but he is still an above-average safety in the league.

cowboysforever
11-19-2007, 12:18 AM
??? I have no idea what you are talking about... But at least Roy Williams can tackle. Neither one of those safeties could do that .Yeah Roy blows coverage a lot, but he is still an above-average safety in the league.

I hope there are some GMs who feel the same way. He would get shipped so fast.........

With respect to ???, if you thought AA was bad, Williams is worse. Good riddance to both.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Honestly without being rude shut up, I can't believe a cowboys fan is saying Reed Doughty a no name practice squadder is better than Roy Williams, get out of here, you know thats a lie.

Modano
11-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Honestly without being rude shut up, I can't believe a cowboys fan is saying Reed Doughty a no name practice squadder is better than Roy Williams, get out of here, you know thats a lie.

That's what cowboysforever aka robert_in_bigD does all the time. Even if we win by 20 points, he has something to complain about Roy Williams. He also said that he's probably the worst starting safety in the league, or something like that... He can't get over it and I don't know why. We all know his opinions about Roy, but he can't help himself not to talk about him, saying always the same things. And then, when Roy makes a bad play he starts to say "I told you, I told you".

Hey robert, didn't you say that TO was becoming a JAG and wasn't better of Plaxico Burress? You told us so!

cowboysforever
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM

1 Well you are being rude

2 You really need to read closely before alleging I think Doughty is better.

3 Roy is a better LB but to say a better Safety is a stretch.

4 There are lots of equally bad Safeties in football. They are so putrid that I would say all suck equally and none are better.

5 Roy is equally bad at SS as the worst SS in the league

6 If Mike Strahan were to play OLB I am sure he would stink too. In fact, he would be among the worst OLB in the game. That would be a better way of analyzing the problem of RW. Above average Dime LBer. Way below average SS.

cowboysforever
11-19-2007, 11:53 AM

Funny, actually on of the biggest critiques of Ruy is his inability to wrap up and tackle in coverage.

If you watch enuff Cowboy football, Roy has a tendency to go for kill shot by lowering his shoulder and holding his arms close to his body. He loses tack of the ball and receiver. Many times bashing his own defender.

He is an above average run support guy and seems to tackle better in this small role.

All Hail Roy! All Pro 2008!

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2007, 02:00 PM
I think you guys do a better job in the draft than FA. Never really been a fan of your spendings on your DL and WRs.

Campbell is impressive though. I like him more than Eli... or anything the Eagles have at QB.

Though last years signings were impressive. By deciding not to spend the house we actually had a very successful offseason while spending not much at all. First with the draft LaRon Landry was an amazing pick. Gives us an elite safety duo for the next 10 years, and after the Archuleta Debacle I think safety was our #1 need. Everyone said we shoulda gone Jamaal Anderson but that would have been the wrong pick. Andre Carter has been amazing this year and Phillip Daniels is a blue collar guy. Pressure on the quarterback and stopping the run is no longer a problem for our D-line. 5th rounder HB Blades is a clone of London Fletcher and will be our starting MLB when Fletcher retires. I am surprised though with his ability to play OLB as well, I didn't think he had the lateral movement to do so, but he is a tackling machine with surprisingly good range. Undrafted Rook Chris Wilson is our speed rusher, while undrafted rookie Lorenzo Alexander has been the biggest steal we have had in so long. He backs up at DT, but recently has played 20-30 plays as an OG, OT, and blocking TE on offense, and surprisingly has not given up a sack yet and is a run blocking mauler. Along with his special teams work he is one of the most versatile players in the league. Next year he should get 40 snaps a game between offense and defense. A very valuable asset. Another undrafted rookie Stephon Heyer looks damn good, better than his former teammate Jared Gaither. How often can you get your RT of the future undrafted. We might not have had any picks other than a first rounder and 3 late rounders but we really got some talent. As far as our free agent singings all were good. London Fletcher was an amazing signing and is the reason why we are such a better D this year. You can argue that he is one of the top 5 LB's playing today. A tackling machine and a playmaker in pass coverage. He is 2nd in the league in tackles. Smoot was a signing that everyone bashed but to be honest he's our best CB right now. He is decent in coverage, makes plays, and somehow since leaving the first time can now tackle really well. Then there are all of those vets we signed for nothing who are making huge impacts. McCardell immediately has made an impact as our 3rd best wideout, while Godfrey was great filling in for Springs. On a side note I was actually surprised when I checked the stats to see Clinton Portis 3rd in the league in rushing yards, he's been bothered by injuries a bit, but he really runs hard as hell, and is one of the best blocking backs I have seen in a while. The majority of his injuries are from blocking because he throws his body at guys 100 pounds heavier than him. He will light up any pass rusher.

skinzzfan25
11-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Now all we need to do is get healthy, bring in a tall WR, replacement for Daniels, CB Depth, and we're set :)

I hope we try to go after an unhappy Larry Fitzgerald this offseason. I thought I heard that he wanted out of Arizona earlier this offseason.

703SKINS202
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
sweet sig, but redskins fans, we are what we are and that is average.... proof; 5-5, 16th ranked offense, 16th ranked defense.... hopefully 8-8 gets us that last wild card spot

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2007, 06:24 PM
sweet sig, but redskins fans, we are what we are and that is average.... proof; 5-5, 16th ranked offense, 16th ranked defense.... hopefully 8-8 gets us that last wild card spot

It won't, I think we need at least 9 to get in, which will be so tough to do. But just looking at our schedule our next two Tampa and Buffalo are both very winnable games. Of course with this team nothing is a guarantee but I just have a good feeling the way Portis is running, Campbell is throwing, and Moss is back. Sean Taylor should come back soon so that should help tremendously. I do worry about Galloway this week and Lee Evans next week torching us, but if ST is back that shouldn't be an issue. If we win those two will will be at 7-5 in good shape. The next two Chicago and the Giants I think we can split those. We should be Chicago but who knows, and Giants we have a real shot at beating. That would put us at 8-6, then the final two Minnesota and Dallas. We should beat Minnesota, because even with AD we have been good against the run and will stack the box, and we know they have no passing game, Sean Taylor could have 3 INT's in that game. That would put us at 9-6 going into our home game against Dallas for possibly a playoff spot and I am just itching for that rematch. Obviously this is a dream scenario but a very possible one at the same time.

D-Unit
11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
It won't, I think we need at least 9 to get in, which will be so tough to do. But just looking at our schedule our next two Tampa and Buffalo are both very winnable games. Of course with this team nothing is a guarantee but I just have a good feeling the way Portis is running, Campbell is throwing, and Moss is back. Sean Taylor should come back soon so that should help tremendously. I do worry about Galloway this week and Lee Evans next week torching us, but if ST is back that shouldn't be an issue. If we win those two will will be at 7-5 in good shape. The next two Chicago and the Giants I think we can split those. We should be Chicago but who knows, and Giants we have a real shot at beating. That would put us at 8-6, then the final two Minnesota and Dallas. We should beat Minnesota, because even with AD we have been good against the run and will stack the box, and we know they have no passing game, Sean Taylor could have 3 INT's in that game. That would put us at 9-6 going into our home game against Dallas for possibly a playoff spot and I am just itching for that rematch. Obviously this is a dream scenario but a very possible one at the same time.
That last game will be meaningless for the Cowboys. I doubt our key starters play more than a half... if at all. We'll have the playoffs locked up by then so there's no real importance in this game other than it being a rival game.

HChu
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Now all we need to do is get healthy, bring in a tall WR, replacement for Daniels, CB Depth, and we're set :)

I hope we try to go after an unhappy Larry Fitzgerald this offseason. I thought I heard that he wanted out of Arizona earlier this offseason.

Yeah that sounds great, but read this:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/19/redskins-in-salary-cap-hell-in-2008/

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah that sounds great, but read this:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/19/redskins-in-salary-cap-hell-in-2008/

We hear that every year, there are ways around it by terminating contracts of bad players, we will still find a way to make 1-3 biggish free agent signings, but obviously like suggested Fitzgerald is out of the question, not like he'd want to come here anyways. A guy I'd like to spend a mid rounder on is De'Cody Fagg. Yes he's inconsistent but for some reason the way he plays, he just reminds me of TO. And the way we found undrafted and late round studs like Stephon Heyer, Lorenzo Alexander, Kedric Golston, HB Blades, Anthony Montgomery, Chris Wilson, I am confident we can add nice pieces without needing to empty out the pocket, we have a good eye for talent. Who would have every thought an undrafted rookie Heyer would develop into a beast and our RT to replace Jansen in the future, or Undrafted Rookie Lorenzo Alexander would be 4th on the depth chart as a DT, as well as get 10-20 snaps a game as a OG/OT/blocking TE.

skinzzfan25
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
We just picked up some dude Mix off the Giants practice squad. 6'5 dude who played with JC at Auburn.

I like :)

skinzzfan25
12-25-2007, 06:51 PM
It's Dallas week.

Whether they play their starters or not, I'm pumped for this game.

critesy
12-25-2007, 07:11 PM
We just picked up some dude Mix off the Giants practice squad. 6'5 dude who played with JC at Auburn.

I like :)

i love it, i wanted us to draft this guy in the 6th/7th haha, but i guess we have him now.

703SKINS202
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
REDSKINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think its great that it rained because i dont know the weather report for sunday but it always rains in seattle. Lets keep this streak alive so we can see you guys again!

SeanTaylorRIP
12-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Last year we split the series despite being crap, this year we split again and nearly beat them the first time and they were a full roster. We were missing Carlos, Marcus Washington, Santana, Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen, Casey Rabach, and then injured Sean Taylor(RIP).