PDA

View Full Version : Two round mox

AkiliSmith
11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
1.) Dolphins - OT Jake Long, Michigan
Notes: They need a ton of help on offense, and improving the offensive line has to be top priority. Long has a ton of experience and could start right away at either tackle spot.

2.) Rams - DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
Notes: Dorsey is the best defensive player in the draft, and will make a significant impact on the league's 22nd ranked rush D.

3.) Jets - RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
Notes: The Jets have many more needs than a running back, but I liken this situation to the Vikings last season when they took Peterson even though Taylor was alright. Jones is a good player, but you can't pass on a player like McFadden.

4.) Patriots - DE Chris Long, Virginia
Notes: They will probably end up trading down, but I don't like to do trades in my mocks. That being said they take the best player available in Long. He and Seymour would form a pretty scary duo.

5.) Raiders - DE Calais Campbell, Miami FL
Notes: Campbell is an underachiever, but his physical tools are enough to warrant a top 10 pick. The Raiders have struggled to get to the quarterback this season, so the pick makes sense.

6.) Falcons - OT Michael Oher, Mississippi
Notes: A different pick than most mocks. I don't think any of the quarterbacks in the draft are worthy of this high of a spot. They need a lot on offense, and everyone knows that a good offense starts up front.

7.) Vikings - QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky
Notes: The Vikes have had pretty much no passing game since Culpepper left. Woodson has all the tools to be a franchise QB.

8.) Bengals - S Kenny Phillips, Miami FL
Notes: The Bengals haven't had a decent safety since the late 80s. That trend changes when the Bengals draft Phillips. He can stop the run and is good in coverage, and will help bring respect to a God awful defense.

9.) Ravens - QB Matt Ryan, Boston College
Notes: The Ravens offense is absolutley horrible, and all the blame can be placed on the QBs. McNair is done and Boller has proven he's not the future. Ryan is probably the most NFL ready now so it makes sense.

10.) Chiefs - CB Malcom Jenkins, Ohio State
Notes: Their offensive line is a problem, but corner could become an even bigger problem when Law and Surtain's age catch up. I don't think any of the lineman available warrant this high of a pick, and Jenkins is the best corner in the draft.

11.) Panthers - QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
Notes: Panthers need a quarterback, badly. Brohm has quite a bit of potential and would have gone much higher last year if he went pro early.

12.) Broncos - DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
Notes: I think any defensive player would be a good pick, other than corner. Ellis is the BPA and just too good of a fit to pass on.

13.) Bears - OT Ryan Clady, Boise State
Notes: With the big 3 quarterbacks gone, the Bears address the aging left tackle spot. They have given up a ton of sacks this season, so a good prospect like Clady is a great fit. I almost gave them Stewart, but I don't
think they give up on Benson yet.

14.) Cardinals - RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
Notes: At first glance running back is not a big need, but the Cards are ranked 25th in the NFL in rushing. James is still a decent back, but has a ton of carries on his body, and is slowly on the decline. Whisenhut has said that he wants to pound the ball 40 times a game, and Stewart is the just guy to do it.

15.) Eagles - WR DeSean Jackson, California
Notes: They have a bunch of #2 receivers, this is the year they take a #1. Jackson gives McNabb (or Kolb) a deep threat, and also helps the punt and kicking game.

16.) Saints - CB Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
Notes: The Saints need major upgrades in the secondary. They are ranked 29th in the NFL in pass defense. Smith could player either free safety or corner.

17.) Texans - OT Sam Baker, USC
Notes: The Texans finally address the hole at left tackle. Baker is a great fit in the zone scheme. Running back is by far the biggest need, but none warrant this high of a pick.

18.) Bills - WR Malcom Kelly, Oklahoma
Notes: The Bills are hot right now, but it's still obvious they need more threats at receiver other than Evans. Kelly is a big physical receiver and a perfect compliment to the speedy Evans.

19.) Redskins - DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State
Notes: Redskins could use an upgrade at end. Gholston is both a pass rusher and a run stopper.

20.) Cowboys - CB Aqib Talib, Kansas
Notes: Adding youth to the aging secondary will be top priority for the Cowboys, and Talib is a great cover corner.

21.) Buccaneers - OT Gosder Cherilus, Boston College
Notes: Despite a solid season, the Bucs have a lot of needs on offense. The BPA at a position of need is Cherilus, would would be a big upgrade for the Bucs at tackle.

22.) Seahawks - RB Kevin Smith, South Florida
Notes: It's painfully obvious that Alexander is declining fast, and with his inability to stay healthy, they need to address the position now.

23.) Chargers - ILB Erin Henderson, Maryland
Notes: The defense lost both starting middle linebackers last season. Henderson can step in right away and help improve the league's 22nd ranked run D.

24.) Titans - WR James Hardy, Indiana
Notes: Young needs all the help he can get to improve as a passer. Hardy is a huge target that should be a big help in his development.

25.) Jaguars - DE Quentin Groves, Auburn
Notes: The Jags could use a dynamic pass rusher to team with Spicer. A good pass rush will drastically improve their struggling pass defense.

26.) Lions - ILB Dan Connor, Penn State
Notes: Any defensive pick is a good pick, and the Lions need a middle linebacker.

27.) Giants - OLB - Keith Rivers, USC
Notes: Weakside linebacker is the teams biggest need, and Rivers just happens to be the BPA.

28.) Steelers - OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
Notes: I believe that they are losing quite a few offensive lineman to free agency this offseason, so adding impact players to the position is a top priority.

29.) 49ers - WR Early Doucet, LSU
Notes: They should draft another quarterback, but they won't, so they go with more weapons for Smith. Doucet should help the Niners dismal offense right away.

30.) Packers - CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida
Notes: Harris and Woodson are good starters, but a little long in the tooth. Jenkins is a good prospect who will contribute immediately as the nickel corner and punt returner.

31.) Cowboys - RB Steve Slaton, West Virginia
Notes: Jones has been struggling, and they could use a speed back to compliment Barber. Slaton will also impact the special teams unit as a returner.

32.) Patriots - Forfeited

33.) Dolphins - DT Dre Moore, Maryland
Notes: Dolphins could use an upgrade at any position on the defensive line.

34.) Rams - CB Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin
Notes: The secondary could use an upgrade opposite Hill.

35.) Jets - DE Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina
Notes: Mangini's D desperately needs help up front.

36.) 49ers - OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan
Notes: A pass rushing beast to team with Lawson.

37.) Raiders - WR Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
Notes: The Raiders 30th ranked pass O need upgrades at receiver.

38.) Falcons - QB Chad Henne, Michigan
Notes: Falcons get a steal here.

39.) Vikings - S Nic Harris, Oklahoma
Notes: Upgrading the leagues worst pass D has to be a priority.

40.) Bengals - DE Chris Ellis, Virginia Tech
Notes: Complete lack of a pass rush is the D's biggest downfall.

41.) Ravens - CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
Notes: Rolle is about done.

42.) Chiefs - OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
Notes: Beast tackle to upgrade the O-line.

43.) Panthers - ILB Beau Bell, UNLV
Notes: Morgan is probably gone, so they need a middle linebacker.

44.) Broncos - ILB Phillip Wheeler, Georgia Tech
Notes: Middle linebacker is by far the teams biggest need.

45.) Bears - QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii
Notes: They need a quarterback, badly.

46.) Cardinals - CB Dejuan Tribble, Boston College
Notes: Cards could use an upgrade at corner.

47.) Eagles - OLB Ali Highsmith, LSU
Notes: Eventual replacement for aging Spikes.

48.) Saints - DT DeMonte Bolden, Tennessee
Notes: Defensive tackle is one of the biggest needs for the Saints.

49.) Falcons - RB James Davis, Clemson
Notes: The Falcons brand new offense begins today.

50.) Bills - CB Terrell Thomas, USC
Notes: They have lost a lot at corner lately.

51.) Redskins - WR Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
Notes: Smaller receivers aren't quite getting the job done.

52.) Browns - DT Frank Okam, Texas
Notes: Upgrading the run D is a priority.

53.) Buccaneers - WR Donnie Avery, Houston
Notes: Speedy receiver to eventually replace aging Galloway.

54.) Seahawks - TE Martin Rucker, Missouri
Notes: Tight end is a big part of the offense, and Pollards not getting it done.

55.) Dolphins - CB Zack Bowman, Nebraska
Notes: Dolphins secondary needs help.

56.) Titans - DT Demarrio Pressley, N.C. State
Notes: Haynesworth is free agent and unlikely to resign.

57.) Jaguars - OT Tony Hills, Texas
Notes: The line needs help.

58.) Lions - CB Victor Harris, Virginia Tech
Notes: Secondary is teams biggest weakness.

59.) Giants - CB Tracy Porter, Indiana
Notes: Upgrade at corner and on special teams.

60.) Steelers - DE Darrell Robertson, Georgia Tech
Notes: Linebacker hybrid is a great fit in this defense.

61.) Colts - OLB Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech
Notes: Perfect fit for the cover 2.

62.) Packers - OG Eric Young, Tennessee
Notes: Upgrade at guard to improve run O.

63.) Cowboys - WR Adarious Bowman, Oklahoma State
Notes: Future replacement for aging Glenn and TO.

64.) Patriots - CB Charles Godfrey, Iowa
Notes: The only need they have is at corner.

Gridiron
11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Good Jets picks.

Bills2083
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Good Bills draft. I really want to see Kelly in a Bills uniform.

neko4
11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Bad Packers 2nd rounder, so much youth on the line right now that should mold soon
Good first

Scotty D
11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not sipping the Connor kool aid. I would take Rivers over him. I'd actually take any of Chris Williams, Rivers, or Mike Jenkins in the first over him.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Kevin Smith = Central Florida

Cherilus isn't a LT, and we already have a RT of the future. Avery definitely is the right type of reciever I'm just not sold on him as a 2nd rounder.

d34ng3l021
11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
lol. At pick 7, there are no QBs worth of such a high spot. You then give us a guy who is a OT/OG tweener. And a pick later, you give the Vikings Woodson and say he is going to be a franchise QB.

Good job man.

TitanHope
11-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Hardy and Pressley are good picks for the Titans. As far as the re-signment of Haynesworth goes, he'll be back after this season. If we can't come to a contract agreement with him, we'll place the Franchise Tag on him. Plus, after his head stomping incident and the Titans support of him during it, he can't really complain about having to prove himself for one more season before cashing in. Pressley would be good next to Fat Al and great in rotation.

Also, I don't think Demonte Bolden will be leaving after his junior year. He hasn't played very well this season, and doesn't deserve to go 1st Day. Plus, not many juniors on defense have declared early over the past few years under Fulmer.

AkiliSmith
11-13-2007, 02:47 PM
lol. At pick 7, there are no QBs worth of such a high spot. You then give us a guy who is a OT/OG tweener. And a pick later, you give the Vikings Woodson and say he is going to be a franchise QB.

Good job man.
You have that all messed up, but I know what you meant to say. Oher is probably the best left tackle in the draft, and whoever would put him at guard is wasting his talent. He has freak athletic ability, and has the size, so why put him at guard?

And I didn't say that Woodson is going to be a franchise QB, I said he has the tools to be. It was 2 picks later too BTW.

fenikz
11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Cards won't take a RB unless Run DMC falls to them in the 1st or someone like Stewart or Jones falls to them in the 2nd, it just isn't a big need we are 3 deep with Edge, Shipp & Arrington.

Give us Groves or Gholston in the 1st, Berry is injured and out for the season again, either of those two paired with Pace at OLB would be a very good start to our 3-4

Tribble is fine in the 2nd

aNYtitan
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Tennessee Titans
First round: Once again, I see James Hardy's name. I really don't know much about him, except that he has gone up many WR draft lists with his season. I assume this would be a BPA pick, and a need pick

[Quote/]56.) Titans - DT Demarrio Pressley, N.C. State
Notes: Haynesworth is free agent and unlikely to resign[Quote]
Second round: Unlikely to resign? If we don't come to agreement with a long term deal, we will definitely franchise tag him. Pressley would be a good pick, but perhaps to come into the DT rotation. I believe TE is a much greater need though, so John Carlson would be a better pick.

skinzzfan25
11-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow terrible draft. Gholston is the tweener we already have in Andre Carter. We need a bigger guy at DE.

And if we streched and took Jordy Nelson in the 2nd I'd kill Snyder.

Turtlepower
11-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I like Rivers and Porter will be a nice KR, but I am wondering about how good of a CB he will be. Good job.

Matthew Jones
11-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Seymour and Warren already form a scary duo. Ty Warren is one of the most underrated players on the team. I think I might take Malcolm Jenkins there.

thebow305
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I absolutely hate that Dolphins mock. I would almost be willing to put money on the fact that we will not take Jake Long at either number 1 or 2, wherever we are.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Good Oakland picks.

Babylon
11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow terrible draft. Gholston is the tweener we already have in Andre Carter. We need a bigger guy at DE.

I thought Nelson was one of his better picks, you're right though they wont take him in the second because he wont be there.

bored of education
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Not bad for KC. Id prefer Clady/Baker then thomas or tribble. But malkjenks is sick.

BamaFalcon59
11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I think I just got a stiffy.

Left side of OL-

LT: Michael Oher (6'5 325)
LG: Justin Blalock (6'3 330)

Then James Davis and Norwood. And Henne going deep to Roddy and Laurent. Woo. Worst pick is Henne, but he would be my favorite available QB in round 2.

broadstbullies
11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
i like Jackson in the first round. Gives us a WR that can make plays and a punt returner for the first time since an aging Brian Mitchell.

2nd round not so sure with Highsmith. I know they love Stewart Bradley, Omar Gaither and Chris Gocong at some point being the starters.

I need a Safety or Corner. Most likely a safety.

Caddy
11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Cherilus is not a good selection for the Buc's and I really don't think he would make an effective left tackle in the pro's. The Buccaneers don't need a right tackle and I actually think Donald Penn has more potential at the moment at the position than Cherilus.

Secondly; Henne a steal at 38????????????

AkiliSmith
11-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Seriously I have seen you say that about Gholston in a few threads now already. He's not a little guy. Google pictures of him. He's probably the strongest end in the entire draft, and being a Buckeye fan I can assure you he's no slouch against the run.

AkiliSmith
11-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Cherilus is not a good selection for the Buc's and I really don't think he would make an effective left tackle in the pro's. The Buccaneers don't need a right tackle and I actually think Donald Penn has more potential at the moment at the position than Cherilus.

Secondly; Henne a steal at 38????????????
Yeah I didn't know who else to pick for the Bucs there.

Also, if Henne were healthy this season would go a lot higher. He has everything you want in a quarterback, size, arm strength, experience, leadership, etc etc. I actually almost gave the Bucs Henne in the first round....

Yung Flippa
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm be okay with the Matt Ryan for Ravens and love Cason in round 2.

Crow
11-14-2007, 04:27 AM
5.) Raiders - DE Calais Campbell, Miami FL
Notes: Campbell is an underachiever, but his physical tools are enough to warrant a top 10 pick. The Raiders have struggled to get to the quarterback this season, so the pick makes sense.
Actually, the pick doesn't make sense because of the very first thing you said. A lack of work ethic and desire is the last thing we need.

We definitely need a DE. But with Long off the board, there's simply not another end worthy of this pick.

Sed Ellis would make the most sense there, as our D-line is simply pathetic. An offensive tackle would also be good, but I don't think you can pass up a productive, high effort DT like Ellis if he's on the board.

Bar-bq
11-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Just a great big "NO" for the Rams.

They drafted Clifton Ryan, who is really coming on, to play the nose, and Carriker has all but moved to the three technique. He may be the best player out there, but I don't buy Dorsey as a need for the Rams. The fact that we are 22 overall on run defense has more to do with our morose offense, surprisingly, than it does with our D. We have no let up a 100 yard rusher all year. Add to the mix Claude Wroten, who played quite well sunday, and I can't see how you'd piece it all together.

Cornerback is not a need either. Brown is signed for 4 more years, Bartell played well as a starter, and we drafter Jonathan Wade in the third round this year, and he's played quite well.
Obviously, Hill is entrenched as the other starter.

dbtb135
11-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah I didn't know who else to pick for the Bucs there.

Doucet as a return man/future WR would be better. Cherilus is the BC version of Walker. Watching him get owned in the VT game was very discouraging.

In round 2, I think we go best available CB.

Finsfan79
11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
1.) Dolphins - OT Jake Long, Michigan
Notes: They need a ton of help on offense, and improving the offensive line has to be top priority. Long has a ton of experience and could start right away at either tackle spot.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yucky!!!

Crickett
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
3.) Jets - RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
Notes: The Jets have many more needs than a running back, but I liken this situation to the Vikings last season when they took Peterson even though Taylor was alright. Jones is a good player, but you can't pass on a player like McFadden.

I on the other hand liken the situation to when the Bears drafted Cedric Benson when they already had Thomas Jones. Especially since there is a common element to both (Thomas Jones). Not to mention that quite frankly, I don't think McFadden (or really anyone) can succeed behind the Jets OL. People need to realize that a team's running game has more to it than just who the quarterback hands the ball off to.

9.) Ravens - QB Matt Ryan, Boston College
Notes: The Ravens offense is absolutley horrible, and all the blame can be placed on the QBs. McNair is done and Boller has proven he's not the future. Ryan is probably the most NFL ready now so it makes sense.

Actually, I put some of the blame on the coaching staff, but you can't draft one of those. :)

14.) Cardinals - RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
Notes: At first glance running back is not a big need, but the Cards are ranked 25th in the NFL in rushing. James is still a decent back, but has a ton of carries on his body, and is slowly on the decline. Whisenhut has said that he wants to pound the ball 40 times a game, and Stewart is the just guy to do it.

Most of what I said about the Jets taking McFadden can be applied here. Also, I think the Cardinals are interested in drafting another O-linemen.

T-RICH49
11-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Jenkins + Otah = GREAT DRAFT FOR KC!!!

indyfan1985
11-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Give the Colts OG Eric Young instead. They have been needing an upgrade at OG for some time, and with Jeff Saturday set to retire in the near future, we need a dominant presence to help out Ugoh and Diem.

asmitty45
11-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Really like the Lions draft, but I would call him Macho Harris.

jackalope
11-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I like Jenkins in the first, but OL on day one would be a terrible pick. We have two you guards in Colledge and Spitz and I don't see us replacing either of them.

Crazy_Chris
11-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Don't like the round 1 pick for the vikings Kenny Phillips would be better. And than in the second Adarius Bowman, Barry Richardson, or Jeff Otah would be ideal.

BaLLiN
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Rivers + Porter = good gmen mock

11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
after the experiment with quentin moses failed last year i doubt the raiders would take a chance on a high risk/high reward type of DE like campbell albeit even if he is a top 10 talent. i really like our 2nd rounder tho :D .