PDA

View Full Version : Yvenson Benard?

boogeydown
11-13-2007, 04:36 PM
can anyone tell me a bit more about him? I've only seen him play once thsi year and was impressed. anyone know who he compares to and how he projects as a pro?

D-Unit
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
can anyone tell me a bit more about him? I've only seen him play once thsi year and was impressed. anyone know who he compares to and how he projects as a pro?
What were you impressed with?

YAYareaRB
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM

The Oregon coach praises him more than Steven Jackson saying he's a faster and smarter back. I was impressed by the way he read holes and was patient with his blockers.

boogeydown
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM

his ability to catch the short pass and his vision to find the holes quickly.

Jonny
11-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I've only seen him twice this year - vs. Cincy and Cal, and he didn't play well in either game.

T-Rat42
11-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I've seen him play every game the last two years and he does a number of things well. Fist of all his lateral quickness is amazing,, he always finds a way to gain positive yards every time he gets the ball. He also runs really strong with the ball and hardly ever fumbles, this makes him an exceptional goal line back. He's a good pas blocker and has good hands when he breaks into the flats. If anyone saw the Beavers comeback in the sun bowl last year they saw what Yvenson Bernard is capable of.
However I think his weaknesses will really hurt him on draft day. First off he doesn't have breakaway speed. All his yards come from nickel and diming the defense all day which doesn't exactly always work in the pro's. He also doesn't have ideal size. At only 202 pounds he won't be able to run over and drag lineman like he does now. I can see him in a limited backup role but not much more which is unfortunate cause he's one of the toughest players i've ever seen.
And Jonny are sure you watched him play against Cal this year? Because he was pretty spectacular that night.