PDA

View Full Version : Dixon or Tebow for Heisman?

TouchdownUSC
11-14-2007, 10:08 AM
It looks like the race might be coming down to Tebow and Dixon. who would you vote for and why?

neko4
11-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Tebow is more talented but Dixon is the senior, that maybe become the tiebreaker

soybean
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I think Tim Tebow is the better player but I think dixon deserves the heisman.

The reason being is that, he's done more with less. I bet a lot of people outside of the pac-10 don't know who the oregon receivers are.

Sniper
11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Dixon has one loss, Tebow has 3. Heisman criteria should apply to everyone, Tebow's girlfriend's huge knockers be damned.

sweetness34
11-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Mendenhall!!

BuddyCHRIST
11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I think Tim Tebow is the better player but I think dixon deserves the heisman.

The reason being is that, he's done more with less. I bet a lot of people outside of the pac-10 don't know who the oregon receivers are.

Florida has had a ton of injuries, Tebow has been carrying the team. I hate Florida with a die hard passion, but if the award were truly to go to the most outstanding player it would clearly be Tebow.

Don Vito
11-14-2007, 10:41 AM
They are both amazing college QB's and it has been great seeing Dixon progress, I will give it to Dixon. Dixon can make plays with his arm and feet, and Tebow has absolutely taken over games in multiple ways throughout the course of the season. The bottom line is that Oregon has 1 loss and is in the national championship hunt whereas Florida has 3 lossed. Dixon is also a senior and Tebow is a sophmorem which shouldn't really matter but in reality it helps Dixon a lot.

Green Bay Scat
11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Dixon has one loss, Tebow has 3. Heisman criteria should apply to everyone, Tebow's girlfriend's huge knockers be damned.

ill second her boobs. Shawty is a ten

RyanLeaf#1
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM

Tebows girl is definitely smuggling midgets.

Green Bay Scat
11-14-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.aolcdn.com/aolpolltool/tim-tebow-girl

shawty u a 10

D-Unit
11-14-2007, 01:21 PM

shawty u a 10
After that pic.... TEBOOB FOR HEISMAN!

soybean
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Florida has had a ton of injuries, Tebow has been carrying the team. I hate Florida with a die hard passion, but if the award were truly to go to the most outstanding player it would clearly be Tebow.

and oregon hasn't? they lost their starting receivers and jerimiah johnson and oregon hasn't skipped a beat.

BuddyCHRIST
11-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Oregon's defense has played much better in the past few big games than Florida's. Not to mention Oregon still has a super stud RB that defenses have to key on. Florida's best running back is a wide receiver who is injured. Dixon has been effecient for a NC contender but lately when he's been having his best games is because the Oregon offense has taken a lot of pressure off him by not making him throw too much, and making his throws quick ones. The one game where he was asked to really carry the offense he played poorly late in the game.
He's a good player but is he really the most outstanding player in college football?

Sniper
11-14-2007, 07:01 PM
He's a good player but is he really the most outstanding player in college football?

Once again, Tebow is not the most outstanding player in college football. He's one of the best Heisman candidates, but he's not on the same level as the Longs and Dorsey.

Babylon
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Dixon has a slight edge in completion % but otherwise Tebow has pretty much a commanding advantage in every other category. To me it would be hard to give it to one guy when that is the case.

BrownsTown
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
This is Dixon very comfortably.

soybean
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Oregon's defense has played much better in the past few big games than Florida's. Not to mention Oregon still has a super stud RB that defenses have to key on. Florida's best running back is a wide receiver who is injured. Dixon has been effecient for a NC contender but lately when he's been having his best games is because the Oregon offense has taken a lot of pressure off him by not making him throw too much, and making his throws quick ones. The one game where he was asked to really carry the offense he played poorly late in the game.

it's ridiculous to think oregon has a better defense than florida, especially with all that "sec speed." and percy harvin is JUST as valuable to florida as Johnathon Stewart is to Oregon.

holt_bruce81
11-15-2007, 01:46 AM

shawty u a 10

That Bastard.

Its between Tebow, Dixon and Daniel/Reesing, if Reesing beats Missouri he will get an invite to new york and if Daniel beats Kansas he will get an invite to New York.

brat316
11-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Tebow should but dixon will

Turtlepower
11-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Tebow should but dixon will

Dixon should, but Tebow will.

BuddyCHRIST
11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
it's ridiculous to think oregon has a better defense than florida, especially with all that "sec speed." and percy harvin is JUST as valuable to florida as Johnathon Stewart is to Oregon.

Oregon does have a better defense, especially with all Florida's injuries. They've been hit hard all over on defense. And I don't know if Harvin who touches the ball about 12 times a game (and was injured for South Carolina) compared to Stewart who is touching it over 20 times a game. Tebow is playing the role of Dennis Dixon and Johnathon Stewart.

Solomon
11-15-2007, 09:07 AM
That Bastard.

Its between Tebow, Dixon and Daniel/Reesing, if Reesing beats Missouri he will get an invite to new york and if Daniel beats Kansas he will get an invite to New York.

If WVU runs the table and Pat White plays well I don't see why he wouldn't be invited to New York. If Oregon falters and loses in one of their last three games I could even see White winning it as long as he plays like he has in his last 2 games.

portermvp84
11-15-2007, 10:05 AM
I think Tebow will get it. It's gonna be tough, they're both double threats.

TigerBait45
11-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Matt Forte.

Turtlepower
11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Matt Forte.

He should be a Doak Walker award finalist and should be on a plane to NY next month.

asmitty45
11-15-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm kinda confused on how Tebow can even still be up for the award. I realize that his numbers (and girlfriend) are unreal, but his team has 3 losses.

Unless the Gators somehow win the SEC, which im not even sure is possible anymore, and the ducks lose again then i don't see how it can't go to Dixon.

BigDawg819
11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
While I'm pulling for Dixon to win what with his on the field play, leadership, and leading Oregon to such a high ranking, Tim Tebow's final numbers will likely be too hard to overlook.

soybean
11-15-2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.sportsburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/483819567_28fca74f2f.jpg

Sniper
11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
While I'm pulling for Dixon to win what with his on the field play, leadership, and leading Oregon to such a high ranking, Tim Tebow's final numbers will likely be too hard to overlook.

Except for the number 3.

Xonraider
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I guess since Dixon's team is dooing better he'd get the nod...

BigDawg819
11-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Except for the number 3.

Win/Loss record should be irrelevant in considering the Heisman. Vince Young won the National Title over USC and Reggie Bush still won the Heisman. So the Gators have lost 3 games, does that really diminish what he does on the field? Is he the sole cause for those defeats?

Green Bay Scat
11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Win/Loss record should be irrelevant in considering the Heisman. Vince Young won the National Title over USC and Reggie Bush still won the Heisman. So the Gators have lost 3 games, does that really diminish what he does on the field? Is he the sole cause for those defeats?

it was before the national title game. everyone knows that if it was given out after the title game, Vince wouldve won it

11-15-2007, 05:32 PM
it was before the national title game. everyone knows that if it was given out after the title game, Vince wouldve won it

hey reggie deserves that honor.. one game shouldnt win u anything! what he did over the course of one season was legendary.

BigDawg819
11-15-2007, 05:41 PM

No you don't know that, you are only speculating. Stop speaking as if your word is an absolute because its not.

Turtlepower
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
No you don't know that, you are only speculating. Stop speaking as if your word is an absolute because its not.

I guess with the award given out in December the voters should weigh in the unplayed game in January.

BrownsTown
11-15-2007, 06:14 PM

No, but this is about who will win the heisman, not who should. Honestly if it was who should win the Heisman, neither of them would really be conisdered, at least for me, over the Longs and Dorsey.

JT Jag
11-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd take Glen Dorsey over either of them.

BamaFalcon59
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM

shawty u a 10

Tebow for Heisman.

kwilk103
11-15-2007, 09:33 PM
"I'm watching West Virginia [last Thursday]. Pat White took that big hit. I told Tim, 'Pat White weighs only 185 pounds. He's running people over. He's a lot tougher than you are.' Tim is so competitive. It drives him crazy when you tell him there's something he can't do or this guy is better than you." -- Florida QB coach Dan Mullen

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=iform0711

RockJock07
11-15-2007, 11:06 PM
You can take Dixon out now

TouchdownUSC
11-16-2007, 01:11 AM
is Dixon out of the heisman watch now? maybe he could still get love because he was injured when his team lost?

Turtlepower
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
See, I feel that his stock should rise because look how important he is to his team.

holt_bruce81
11-16-2007, 01:13 AM

shawty u a 10

thats his sister

KCJ58
11-16-2007, 01:27 AM
thats his sister

is it really she's got some fat tits

Green Bay Scat
11-16-2007, 02:35 AM
thats his sister

id keep it in the family...

fenikz
11-16-2007, 02:50 AM
thats his sister

it's not his sister or girlfriend just a chick who took a picture with him

Solomon
11-16-2007, 11:32 AM
is Dixon out of the heisman watch now? maybe he could still get love because he was injured when his team lost?

Yeah, It's definitly too bad for Dixon because he was injured and Oregon might have been able to pull off the win if Brady wasn't in at QB (not to take anything away from the wildcats who certainly deserced the win). HOwever for me it's not so much that his stock went down individually it has more to do with the fact that it was easy to hand him the heisman when Oregon only had 1 loss and florida 3. Now that Tebow only has one more loss than Dixon it's all of a sudden not so crazy to give the heisman to the QB of a three loss team. Look for a late season heisman push from Pat White though. Dixon is still in the race though and I think should make it to NYC.

Geo
11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been thinking it should be Tebow for some time, but it won't be thanks to him being a sophomore. Which is very lame. Granted, Florida's losses don't help, but consider how Tebow is carrying both an option offense and a very young defense losing more than half its starters to the NFL this past summer.

Dixon's injury probably opens the door for Darren McFadden. *shrug* Chase Daniel will get more mention, but I'm not sure how much of a chance he really has.

Sniper
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Don't worry fellas, Mike Hart's Biakabatuka-like game this weekend will give him the Heisman and we can stop debating ;)